- Text Size +

CHAPTER THIRTEEN


THE GAMES WE PLAY


 


 


 


Assed Out


Ethan stepped onto the curb outside of Pittsburgh Airport in one of the foulest moods ever. It was bad enough that he was currently homeless, having refused to go back to his apartment after receiving the eviction letter but it turns out that he didn't even have an apartment to refuse after all. Ethan's accountant decided that it wasn't worth the expense to keep paying for a place that Ethan wasn't living in so he'd let the lease expire. Had Ethan bothered to answer his accountants numerous phone calls -- well that is WHEN he had an accountant -- he would have been informed that prior to Randolph Greene leaving Ethan's employ, the savvy accountant had left things in order including investments and the hefty sum Ethan was saving by NOT having the apartment expense. Instead, Ethan with his high living was BROKE...not just any broke but squandered One-hundred, sixty-seven thousand dollars and now without a pot-to-piss-in-nor-window-to-throw- it-out of BROKE.  And his string of bad luck just wasn't seeming to end.


 


The flight would have been uneventful had Ethan just moved from first class on his own instead of having to BE removed. The airline had tried to contact Ethan several times from the moment he booked his flight. Apparently, although Ethan had bought a first class ticket to Pittsburgh with the charge card from his record company, since it was not a company related expense, the record company downgraded the ticket from First Class to Coach which caused embarrassment to the boastful musician. Ethan made such a scene, Airport security was called and advised that he either to go to the designated section as advised by the flight attendants or disembark from the plane and banned from the airline permanently. Hailing a cab, Ethan twisted his lips at the irony of his choice. He just hoped Justin Taylor was worth all of the hardship he'd endured thus far.


 


Arriving at the hotel forty-five minutes later, he once again found that his life had drastically changed... for the worse.


 


~BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ~


 


Credited Guest Appearance


Brian, Justin and Cynthia said their goodbyes to Jennifer and Molly. They had already given the last minute instructions to Ted and Donovan on how to handle things over at Taylor Electronics. Brian still couldn't believe he'd acquired a multi-million dollar company for a buck and had no problem expressing that to Cynthia and Justin.


 


"Justin, if Jennifer wants to renegotiate the price, it wouldn't be a problem for me," he offered.


"No worries, Brian. Like you, Jennifer Taylor- businesswoman, doesn't do anything she doesn't want to do. Although I don't always agree with her, in this case I do wholeheartedly. It helps that we're literally equal partners in this venture. So basically she sold it to ME for a dollar."


 


"Well I'll be sure to deposit your fifty cents into your account."


 


Justin laughed. "No need for that Mr. Kinney. Just being free of Craig Taylor and his ilk is payment enough. I just wish I could see the look on his face when he receives the news that the same son he'd tried his best to get rid of, now owns the company he sold me for. That thought alone is priceless," Justin finished quietly.


 


Cynthia crossed over to him and laid her hand gently on his shoulder. Justin flinched but didn't pull away this time. "Well you have most assuredly risen out of the grave he tried to dig for you. What's next?"


 


"Hopefully Aruba. I know we'll be working but it will be good to get off of American soil for a while," Justin said.


 


Brian picked up on Justin's sudden nervousness immediately. "They aren't going to be able to touch you again, Justin."


 


"You don't know that, Brian. Connor and Brandon aren't the type of people to let things go. I only have one card to play in getting them to back off but even that doesn't guarantee anything."


 


"What are you talking about, Justin? If there's something else you need to tell us now," Cynthia said.


 


Before Justin could answer them, there was a knock on the closed conference room door.


Jessica, the new receptionist peeked her head through the door, her gaze encompassing all three occupants of the elegant space. "Justin, there's a Leda Tarlo here to see you. Should I have her wait in your office?"


 


A wide smile broke out on Justin's face. "No you can send her right in." Turning to Brian and Cynthia, he couldn't contain his excitement. "She's a fabulous photographer who I think would do well with Kinnetik. She owns a gallery which of course we could add to the conglomerate but I thought she would make a better Senior Account Executive. I know she was doing some freelance work but... never mind. Just wait until you meet her."


 


Just then a six-foot tall woman came into the office wearing an elegant suit with her hair pulled back from her face. The sparkle in her green-gold eyes was as unmistakable as the red and gold highlights in her hair. But what really announced her presence was the confidence in the way she walked right up to Justin and planted a kiss on his lips which made them both part laughing.


"Sweetness," she murmured. "You're sure you don't want to bat for the other team. Those lips could make a woman very happy."


 


Justin chuckled. "I'll start playing for women as soon as you start riding men."


 


Leda laughed at that. She was what many would call a ‘Lipstick Lesbian' and she knew it. "Fair enough. You stick to cock and I'll stick to women. Everyone will stay happy."


 


Brian cleared his throat before speaking. "Melanie and Lindsey know you're in town?"


 


Leda turned and smiled. "Nice to see you too, Brian."


 


Justin wrinkled his nose at the tone they were using. Something was off although he couldn't tell what. "How do you two know each other?" He was almost beginning to regret his suggestion of offering her the senior management position for Kinnetik.


 


Brian answered. "Leda and I go way back even though I never knew her last name."


 


"I'm the evil ex of one of his child's mothers- at least that's how Lindsey refers to me. Melanie and I dated for some years before she met Lindsey." She turned to Brian then. "Is my becoming part of Kinnetik going to affect Gus? I wouldn't want that you know."


 


Brian was silent for a moment before answering. He knew Leda's work and work ethic. It helped that Justin also knew her and they had built a raport with one another over time. Brian worked hard to separate his business and personal lives and he had to admit that if he was only interested in working with the best, Leda fit the bill. The problem wasn't Melanie per se, it was Lindsey who could pop into the office at any time. Although Brian had nothing to do with that whole fiasco, Lindsey would still see it as some sort of betrayal -- a slight to her position as Gus' mother.


 


"Brian? Brian, what is it?" Justin asked.


 


"It's... It's nothing." Making a split second decision he regarded Leda again. "How soon can you start?"


 


Justin and Leda let out a piercing yell before she answered. "If it's alright with you and Justin. I can start today but I was also due here for a meeting with a company I've been doing freelance work for."


 


"Telson Tires?" Brian asked and when Leda nodded he continued. "How much were you making on this deal?"


 


"Couple of thousand for some pictures," she answered.


 


"Depending on how this meeting goes, we could definitely use you as the Senior Account Rep within the office and of course when we travel. But I don't want you to have a conflict of interest with Telson. I've dealt with him some years ago but that's ancient history. Do you know who is he sending today?"


 


"I'm not sure yet but I guess we'll find out soon enough," Leda said, noticing Justin had tensed suddenly. "What's with you?"


 


Justin fidgeted but shook his head. "Nothing. You know I still have that anxiety issue from time to time. It'll pass."


 


Cynthia, Brian and Leda looked at him with concern. Considering all Justin had been through just that morning alone, Brian and Cynthia were almost tempted to tell him to sit out of the meeting to come. Leda's concern was a bit different although she didn't think anyone but Justin would notice. When they had met initially it was at a function that the James Brothers were attending. Connor had gotten drunk and started spreading the most vicious rumors about the young blond. She didn't know what to think or believe at the time but over the years she began to suspect they were true to some degree. Whenever she would see Justin out and about, there was always an air of fear and apprehension about him. Brandon had told her once that Justin was uncomfortable in crowds but now looking at him with the color drained from his face at the mention of Telson, she wasn't so sure. She vividly remembered the broken ribs the last time she'd seen him. The excuse was that he'd lost his footing while carrying one of his canvases. It seemed plausible then since everyone knew Justin was an artist who was completing his final assignments. But why would he be nervous at the mention of Thomas Telson or the possibility of seeing the man directly?


 


She shook herself out of her reverie as the man in question breezed into the office. It was soon after the man arrived that Justin excused himself to his office saying that he'd forgotten to check something on his computer. Yes... there was certainly something afoot and Leda was afraid that she knew exactly what it was.


 


~BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ~


 


Shaken, Not Stirred


 


The object of Ethan Gold's obsession was currently in a quandary of his own. The morning's clients had arrived on schedule. The problem was WHO the client was.


 


Justin had excused himself from the conference room for a few moments as Brian, Cynthia and Leda continued to make small talk with Thomas Telson - a man Justin had no wish nor desire to see again...EVER. He sat heavily at his desk, wishing for all the damn world that he was anywhere else but in the same office as one of his captors' closest friends. In fact, Telson was often referred to as a beloved uncle by Connor and Brandon although there wasn't any blood relation. Coming off the heel of revealing all about himself during the morning meeting with Jennifer and Molly, this was NOT something Justin was prepared to face.


 


"I thought I might find you in here, Justin," Thomas' voiced oozed into the quiet of Justin's office.


 


Justin raised his head off the desk, resisting the automatic shiver which raced through his body at the sound of his unwanted visitor's voice. Even though he was about ready to puke at the sight of the well-dressed, fifty-something man, Justin steeled himself against the impulse. This was HIS life - one of his making - and he'd be damned if the likes of Telson was going to take it from him.


 


Justin narrowed his eyes, putting on the WASP armor he was so accustomed to donning in moments such as this one. "Mr. Telson, if you've lost your way to the restroom or require assistance finding your way back to the conference room, I'll be happy to ask one of my employees to show you the way." To any other listener, Justin would have sounded composed and cordial but there was ice and a bit of steel underlying every single word he uttered. And they both knew it.


 


"I have not lost my way or anything, Justin, and I think we both know that. On the other hand, I think Connor and Brandon have lost something of great value." Thomas smiled nastily as he made to close the door.


 


"Don't," Justin warned softly keeping his eyes glued to one of the men who haunted his dreams.


 


"Ah...still don't trust me, Justin?  You know you should by now. After all we go way back, don't we?"


 


Justin released a mirthless laugh into the air even as he kept a sharp, keen eye on the man before him. "It is EXACTLY the reason that I don't trust you, Telson. And NEVER will. Now, I do believe we have a meeting to get to. As part owner of the company, I really should set about being a good example for our employees." Justin made to move passed Telson but was stopped by the man.


 


"Owner? Do my nephews know? I wonder how your boss would feel if he knew what I knew about you...that just a few months ago, you were a sex slave and squealed like a fucking pig after taking my cock up your ass the entire night, Justin. Over and over...for hours and hours."


 


Justin broke out into a cold sweat but still refused to show any fear to the man who threatened all he was coming to hold dear. Performing a nonchalant shrug, he said, "Tell him whatever you'd like, Telson, I don't care. As far as WHAT your asshole nephews know, I don't give a shit. As far as you're concerned, try to ruin me and I RUIN you."


 


Telson was shaken by the steady blue eyes which only a few months ago regarded him in fear if at all. This was NOT the same young man who cowered into corners begging to be left alone, or the young man who screamed loud and long as he and Brandon rammed him for hours on end; this wasn't the young man who stayed in the bathtub afterward before having to be dragged out by the hair after two hours from trying to drown himself. No, THIS Justin Taylor was different somehow but Telson didn't know how or why. It was unnerving and wholly unacceptable. It was time to show this man-child who was really in charge, but first he needed to know what Justin was planning. So he verbally pushed Justin again, hoping to get a rise out of the self-possessed man before him; to make him falter in his resolve and dissolve into fear again. "Meaning what exactly, Justin? What the fuck could a kept boy like you do to someone like me?" Telson taunted as he grabbed Justin's arm.


 


Again a laugh without humor escaped Justin. He shook his head even as he snatched his arm back. Straightening his suit jacket and readjusting his hair tie on his wrist, he said, "Don't forget that the world - including your clueless wife and kids - believes you are straight, Telson. I KNOW differently. Push me and I'll expose YOU." Without another word, Justin left the office on his way back to the conference room.


 


~BJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ~


 


Indecent Exposure (Wainwright's POV)


 


Holy shit...HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! That was close! If I had been caught outside Justin's office there would've been hell to pay, especially because of what I'd just learned. The run to this bathroom though was one helluva hike from where I'm supposed to be right now but damn it was worth it. I just heard that the fucking blond bane of my existence used to be a fucking...sex slave? Rent boy? Whore? And they say I'm fucking sleazy?! Well now I know HOW he's risen to the top so fucking fast- by sucking, fucking and getting fucked by the high-and-mighty types. God what a life! It's kinda surprising though. I mean with all of his country club manners who knew he was such a common slut. But...I wonder who this Brandon and Connor are. Perhaps, they could help me with Justin Taylor's downfall once and for all. Regardless of everything, can't deny the asshole is talented. But he's also arrogant and I'm personally sick and tired of being considered second best to him. I'll just have to keep my eyes and ears open; there's got to be a way to finally beat him and be rid of him at the same time so that the BETTER man - meaning me of course - will finally have my way cleared of blond boy trash.


 


"Wainwright, they're waiting on you." The urgent whisper from the Assistant Art Director, Carmen, came through the door. That job that would have been mine if Justin wasn't so fucking arrogant.


 


Well that doesn't matter now. Justin's days at the fucking top are numbered. I think and  smile to myself while making one last effort to straighten my tie and calm down before exiting the restroom, moving full-steam ahead into my future in Justin's place and Brian's bed.


 


~BJBJBJBJBJBJBJJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJBJ~


Who's the Boss?


 


Meanwhile, Ted and Donovan were headed to Taylor Electronics to deliver Craig Taylor the news that the world as he knew it was coming to an end. After learning about how callous and unfeeling Craig was, neither man spared any empathy for the snake. Any father who would sell his own son into slavery doesn't deserve to drink the spit that rolls around in his own mouth.


 


"Ted...do you think this Taylor guy will use common sense and just accept his fate quietly?"


 


Ted laughed. "Not likely. Let's look at who he's aligned himself with again. Stockwell- a man who will do whatever is necessary to achieve his own ends. Gardner Vance- another ruthless man who has an axe to grind with almost every business he's come in contact with, thanks to Brian. Senator Clydesdale- whose son works for Taylor Electronics and whose daughter Craig had intended for Justin to marry, before he came out. No, Craig won't go quietly but now we can effectively limit his resources within the company."


 


Donovan nodded, seeing Ted's point and confident they contained at least one beast. "And no way will he be able to touch Justin again. Now that the young man- who was quite well off to begin with- has joined with Kinnetik Enterprises, that puts his net worth even passed the Senator's. He's a smart young man."


 


"More than that, Donovan. He's driven and he's scared. Working with Brian all these years, you get to know the type. Reckless but savvy; determined but still cautious with whom he trusts, and based on that alone, I'd say we're all in good hands with Brian and Justin at the helm."


 


"Do you think they're..." Donovan let the question trail off.


 


"Oh, Hell yeah," Ted laughed. "You know Brian. But I think it's good and there's no way the fact that they are an item is going to interfere with business. Instead, I think it's going to enhance both their business and personal relationships."


 


They arrived at the security desk and were greeted by James Murphy, the head of security for Taylor Electronics. Jennifer and Cynthia had already called ahead advising that they were now the new owners of TE. James had been with the company for fifteen years and was secretly relieved that he wouldn't have to answer to the likes of Craig Taylor anymore. The man was an asshole to all of his employees who were without political or financial connections. The former Mrs. Taylor wasn't anything like that but still...


 


James went about the business of showing them around. He knew more about the ins and outs of each corridor than anyone who worked there. Based on that, James took them up the back entrance to the CEO's office. Franchesca, the Executive Secretary for the acting CEO when Mrs. Taylor wasn't in, already told James that per Gary Sapperstein and Craig Taylor, no one was allowed in the corporate suite today. At first he wondered why but then he found he already knew. Ever since Jennifer Taylor took over the company, the two had been in cahoots to make her look incompetent at running the corporation. It rankled that she showed them up at every turn during board meetings in a room full of men. Craig wanted his company back and she wasn't going to let him have it. He couldn't resist the mental chuckle at the thought of the purpose of the two men slightly behind him. He also noticed two other hulking men who accompanied the Accountant and the Attorney.


 


"James, I have a special assignment for your staff while we're taking care of things in here." Ted handed the security guard a list of names. "As we call each one in for their one-on-one meeting, we'd like your staff to accompany Bill and the Kinnetik staff we've brought with us to collect their personal effects from their desks and have them waiting at the security desk to escort them out."


 


James smiled already liking the way these men did business. "That shouldn't be a problem at all, Sir. I've already put them all on high alert since I found out you were coming."


 


Ted nodded. "Good man and thank you for being so cooperative about this on such short notice."


 


James shook his head at the gratitude. "No need to thank me, Mr. Schmidt. It's my job. Besides if you ask me, this housekeeping has been a long time in coming."


 


Ted turned to Bill Bronson, head of security for Kinnetik NY, and asked, "Do you mind if we let James in on the fun?"


 


The balding six-foot-seven former body builder smiled giving a generous show of his twin dimples. "Not at all. In fact Mark and I were going to suggest it, Boss. By the sounds of it, we could always use more muscle."


 


Donovan chuckled as he finished up a brief phone call back to Cynthia. "Well boys, let's get this show on the road. But please, let's limit the opportunities for lawsuits shall we?"


 


All three men smiled back but promised NOTHING. And for some reason Ted found that not only reassuring but amusing as well.


 


Entering the inner sanctum of Taylor Electronics, James greeted and introduced Franchesca. She in turned asked to be called Frenchie instead. Of medium height, she was an elegant dark haired version of Cynthia. Her brusque manner and no nonsense attitude, made her an ally among the men of Kinnetik. There was certainly no love lost between her former boss and the acting CEO.


 


"Frenchie, have the termination packets been prepared yet?" Ted asked.


 


"Yes, Mr. Schmidt. Someone named Cynthia called and forwarded me all of the documentation. I just finished putting together the last one since it was the thickest of them."


 


Donovan asked to see it. She handed it over without hesitation, unable to contain the ghost of a smile gracing her red-painted lips. "Ted, let me have the check for Craig." Donovan looked at it and smiled wide.


 


"May I see?" Frenchie asked, genuinely curious how much the company sold for. She knew that Jennifer Taylor wanted to off-load it quickly and she was also one of the few who knew WHY. She was there the day Craig had pulled that dirty trick on his young son, having only started a week prior to the incident and training to replace the original secretary about to retire. Looking at the check she couldn't help the gasp and the laugh which escaped her. "You're shitting me right? She actually... Jennifer actually sold the corporation for a dollar?"


 


The others couldn't stop the laughter but Donovan confirmed it. "Yeah, she did. She said that it was only worth about that much to her."


 


"She had been threatening Craig with that scenario for years. I never thought she would actually go through with it though. My respect for her just shot up even more than it already was...and that's saying a lot."


 


Ted sighed. "Well I guess we should get started. I suppose it would be appropriate to begin with the two in the room but it would just seem anti-climatic somehow and not at all befitting of Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor or Kinnetik Enterprises."


 


"What the hell are you thinking, Schmidt? You have a gleam in your eye that I only see in Cynthia and Brian." Donovan knew what the look meant and that this was going to be painful.


 


"I think we should invite the men to stay and watch as all they've been planning and plotting gets destroyed right before their eyes. Brian, Justin and Cynthia would approve, and more than that, I want to see the look in their eyes as it happens."


 


Donovan looked over at his friend and associate. An involuntary shiver raced through him while looking into the chocolate brown swirls in Ted's eyes. Normally Ted was so easy going it was hard to imagine him being malicious to anyone. But based on what they learned this morning, Donovan couldn't blame Ted for wanting this vengence to be as painful as possible. He wanted the same but it was even more sinister coming from a sweet guy like Theodore Schmidt.


 


"Why Ted Schmidt you old sly dog,"  Donovan purred seductively, with a smile that could have melted a glacier in the north pole. "Ruthlessness becomes you so much, you just gave me a hard on. I didn't realize you cared enough about me to give me that. Now only if you'd give me a chance to alleviate it."


 


Donovan then let out a hearty laugh while Ted just shook his head at his friend, and proceeded to deploy his devious plan. "As always, Donovan, you sure know how to sweet talk a guy." Ted chuckled not sure whether Donovan was joking or serious. But he could examine it and find out later; right now was a business-only zone. He wouldn't mix the two.


 


They didn't bother to knock as they entered the office, their entourage of muscle and Frenchie following closely behind. Ted and Donovan registered the looks of both shock and fury on both men's faces as they continued their progression to the large mahogany desk at the back of the large space. Without preamble, but only a head nod to Bill and Mike,  Ted ordered for the various papers and belongings of Gary Sapperstein to begin being cleared.


 


Gary snapped out of his stupor at seeing his things unceremoniously dumped into plain cardboard boxes which looked to be from Staples. He aimed his contemptible comments at his secretary. "Franchesca, I thought I told you I would be in closed door meetings all day and that I didn't want to be disturbed for any reason."


 


Her eyes widened at his tone but she remained silent, taking mental glee in the knowledge of what was to come for the odious man. Instead Ted addressed the man who was huffing and puffing while hurling abusive epithets at his former secretary.


 


"I assure you, Mr. Sapperstein, that she IS following the dictates of her boss; as is James. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ted Schmidt, Co-Owner of Kinnetik Enterprises. This well-dressed gentleman beside me is our corporate attorney, Donovan Davis. To be short and to  point, Kinnetik Enterprises now owns Taylor Electronics and all employees therein."


 


"What the fuck do you mean, you own this company? You can't possibly own it, I do! And I didn't approve ANY sale." Craig who had been silent up until that point, exploded.


 


The most condescending smile Donovan had ever seen appeared on Ted's face as he began speaking. "Quite the contrary, Mr. Taylor. Your ex-wife, Jennifer, owned Taylor Electronics. As of this morning, we have already closed on the deal. I assure you everything is airtight and quite legal."


 


"But the board - the shareholders - didn't vote on this matter. I should know;  Gary nor I  was called into any meeting about it."


 


"Well I'm sorry about that for your sake, but Ms. Taylor's silent partners bought out the shareholders at the current value so the ‘Board' only consisted of three people who voted unanimously for the sale. Although for the moment, you both are still within your job titles, there are some employees which need to be terminated immediately." Donovan concluded placing a most congenial smile on his lips.


 


"If you two would like to stay during these proceedings, we'll be happy to disclose more information at the close of the meetings." At their collective nod, Ted continued.  "Very well then,  Mr. Sapperstein and Mr. Taylor. You both may occupy the available sofa while Mr. Davis and I along with Frenchie set everything up. James, I'm going to ask you to take this list and collect the people on it. Instead of bringing them in individually, I think a more collective approach is less time-consuming and will achieve our ends much more effectively."


 


"No problem, Mr. Schmidt. I think everyone on this list is in the office today," James said as he turned toward the heavy office door. He threw a wink in Frenchie's direction which caused a small chuckle to escape both of them before flinging it open and disappearing to the other side. They had shared many secrets over the years but this one gave them the most pleasure.


 


The atmosphere remained oppressive for the duration that James was gone. Ted took a call from Marcy, his secretary over at the Kinnetik NY office while Donovan informed Cynthia that things over at Taylor Electronics were moving right on schedule and that both he and Ted should be able to make their 4pm flights to Pittsburgh. As they each concluded their business, Ted and Donovan noticed the looks on both Gary and Craig's faces as the employees who were to be terminated filed in.


 


The surprise and fury couldn't be any clearer on Craig and Gary's faces as they registered each and everyone of their co-conspirators in Craig's quest to wrest his company back from Jennifer's hands was hauled into the large office space. Ted's voice interrupted his thoughts.


 


"As you all are probably aware by now, Taylor Electronics is now under the ownership of Kinnetik Enterprises. Ordinarily, we would not engage in this type of... mass firing, however since time is of the essence and you are all department heads with the exception of Chance Morrison, whose termination is VERY personal for one of the partners in Kinnetik, you will each be given a packet with all the details of your dismissal. The only detail we will need from you is confirmation of your mailing address so that your final payment for services rendered can be mailed to you posthaste. We are taking this company in a new and more lucrative direction and are putting our own people into your now vacant positions. You can certainly submit your resume for review after the requisite ninety-days, but as we are redesigning the franchise at this time, such action is ill-advised. Franchesca, please hand out each envelope in the order we discussed. As soon as you receive your packet, you are free to go." Ted couldn't help the small smile as he watched the action. "Thank you for your part in making Taylor Electronics what it WAS but we'll take it even further from here."


 


Donovan was having a hard time keeping the glee from his features altogether especially as one young man burst out, threatening legal action against the company.


 


"My uncle will NOT stand for this shabby treatment of me. You will be hearing from my attorneys as soon as I leave here," Chance Morrison yelled. He couldn't stand idly by as he watched all the promises Craig Taylor had made him and his family over the years disappear into thin air as he looked at the papers he'd been given.


 


Donovan's look was full of unconcealed contempt as he sneered, "By all means, young man, have your attorneys call and I'll be happy to enlighten them of ALL your misdeeds. Again, your termination is for an entirely DIFFERENT reason than that of your superiors. I would suggest you either wait to voice your displeasure until the present company is disbursed. Or feel free to take your chances, keep making an undignified spectacle of yourself where you will be embarassed and have an office FULL of witnesses as you are forced to admit your part in a gross miscarriage of justice. Personally I hope you choose the latter option, little boy." Donovan sneered as he stood close and looked down on the little shit, pleased that he'd cowed the asshole enough for him to shut the hell up. Nepotism could sometimes be useful but then there were times it was the bane of Corporate America. Chance Morrison was an example of that.


 


Ted placed a hand on Donovan's arm in both understanding and warning. He agreed and shared his friend's anger at the wrong done to Justin simply because he was gay. The fact that his father enlisted help to torture his son was just despicable on every level, it was taking Ted an insurmountable amount of self control not to floor the fuckers. But he had a job to do and if this was the only way to derive a  modicum of satisfaction on Justin's behalf, then so be it.


 


As the rest of the terminated employees were given their packets and began filing out of the office in shock and with minimal fanfare, Frenchie stood with two thick parcels still in her hands. She knew that things were about to get very interesting indeed, especially if Craig Taylor remained true to form.


 


For his part, Chance was still waiting within the office eager to have his say. Before he could begin his new wave of tirade, Ted began speaking.


 


"Now gentlemen, I think the five of us have one final order of business to address before all of you may be on your way. Frenchie, please hand Gary and Craig the packets in your hands. Be advised gentlemen, that the heads of Kinnetik Enterprises did not come to this decision lightly. In looking into your performance on the job, it has been determined that the three of you with the aid of those who just left, have done everything in your power to undermine the former owner. Since you have proven yourselves to be untrustworthy in every sense of the word, Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor who hold the controlling interests in Kinnetik, have deemed that your employment be terminated effective immediately. Craig, in addition to your biweekly paycheck, you will also find your half of the proceeds from the sale as well as the receipt for Taylor Electronics."


 


Ted and Donovan took immense pleasure in the florid color of Craig's face at the mention of his long-forgotten son. "This is so fucking impossible," he whispered to no one in particular.


 


Donovan answered. "I assure you, Mr. Taylor, it is possible and moreover it is TRUE. Justin Taylor and Brian Kinney are the new owners of Taylor Electronics under the conglomerate of Kinnetik Enterprises. You will find your severance pay within the envelope. Unlike the other former employees who just left, it is our collective desire- especially Justin's-  never to hear from any of you ever again. Should you three make ANY attempt to contact, threaten or harass anyone affiliated with Kinnetik and its affiliates - which includes both Jennifer and Malinda or "Molly" Taylor as she's known -  be advised that not only will legal action be taken against you in this matter, but any and all evidence surrounding the wrongful kidnapping and repeated rape of Justin Taylor that is available will ALSO be included in the case against you. And I assure you, there is plenty. Simply put, don't even think about taking action against us or we'll bury you."


 


"But Justin is under contract for another we..." Craig began but stopped at the look on the Kinnetik representatives faces. Both were smiling evilly at what Craig had confirmed.


 


"No, Craig, he isn't. Justin has more than paid the debt you made and he is NOT of a mind to do it again or suffer any longer because of who he is. Personally, if you were my father, I would have hired a professional hitman to off you, but Justin thought this was a more fitting punishment for your betrayal at this time. His words were that ‘you're not worth the bullet.' But don't push your luck with him. This was about business for him; I warn you not to make it personal again," Ted said.


 


While Chance and Gary checked their envelopes and were satisfied with the compensation there in, Craig was neither satisfied nor ready to go quietly.


 


"Fifty fucking cents? That's ALL I get?! That BITCH sold the company for a fucking dollar?! How fucking dare she do this to me! I have a family to take care of; she knows this and yet she sold a multi-million dollar company for a fucking DOLLAR!! That vicious cow-brained cunt! I'm going to make her and that fucking faggot pay," Craig ranted. "She thinks she can just take the money and run, and that fairy son of hers thinks he's so fucking smart. I'll show them. I'll teach them NOT to fuck with Craig fucking Taylor. I'll fucking sue them, I'll..."


 


Craig went on and on, spewing unfounded allegations and hateful threats even as Bill, Mark, and James moved into position to "assist" the former employees off the premises. When a mottled-faced Craig snatched away moving quickly to launch himself at Ted and Donovan, he found himself looking up from the his position closer to the ground- but not quite there- before he even registered what happened.


 


Frenchie, who had seen the attack coming, stuck her forearm out and clotheslined Craig causing him to fall back into the waiting arms of Bill Bronson and Mike Stokes. For him it wasn't a good place to be. Ted looked at the petite woman in awe while she giggled and shrugged before saying "Six brothers," as if that explained everything.


 


Bill and Mike literally dragged Craig who was undignified in his indignation as James followed both Gary and Chance from behind. The latter two kept their eyes averted as they passed onlooking coworkers even while Craig continued to protest the mistreatment of his person and the takeover of HIS company. Amid the whispers and outright laughs of many they pushed into the elevator disappearing from sight. The protests could still be heard from the enclosure and even still as they alighted from the glass and chrome elevator of the six story building. Grabbing their personal effects, Gary and Chance continued on their way from the stifling atmosphere Taylor Electronics had become. However, Craig felt compelled to once again make his displeasure known.


 


"Tell that fairy bastard son of mine, that he hasn't seen nor heard the last of me. THIS isn't over," he spat out. "He will rue the day he was ever born!"


 


And with that Bill and Mark dumped Craig and his belongings in front of entrance to the corporate building, even as the gawkers went from being familiar to strangers surrounding the irate man.