- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Warning... this is a pretty angsty chapter. But then again, most of them are in this story. Also issuing another fair warning: Just because Brian and Justin are 'married' does NOT imply that they will be monogamous. Don't get it twisted. This is STILL a B and J fic after all which means that they are completely unpredictable. 

 

Happy Reading and HUGS,

~Nichelle

 

 

CHAPTER 16- A CALL TO CHARM

 

Lindsay had just put out hors d'oeuvres when the doorbell rang. She checked that all was in readiness, thankful that Gus had fallen asleep rather quickly after a full day, between pre-school and the park. She had called Brian earlier knowing that he was due back from Aruba today but unsure of the time. When the voicemail came on, she was pissed. If anything she had expected to deal with his insufferable assistant, or at the very least Ted, so that she could grill them for information. She had spoken with Michael and the only thing she was sure of was that Justin Taylor had gone with Brian to the island. She decided that she would a have a nice long talk with Brian so that he would see that his continued association with the blond was not only inappropriate, but interfering with his family time for her...Gus.

 

After the visit with Michael, Lindsay had spoken with Melanie to obtain a restraining order against Justin. Melanie, in full lawyer mode, had asked Lindsay on what grounds. When Lindsay brought up the fact that they didn't really know Justin, and he could be a mass murderer for all they knew, Melanie had laughed. She told Lindsay to watch herself because she could be sued for slander, defamation of character and risked jail time if she filed a false report with the police. Melanie had also warned her that she would act as Justin's attorney, pro bono, if Lindsay pursued the matter. From the tone of Melanie's voice, Lindsay knew that she was serious.

 

The doorbell sounded again, pulling Lindsay out of her reverie. She knew who was on the other side, and she couldn't help but be excited and unnerved by turns at the arrival of her visitor. At first, she wasn't even going to accept his offer of a meeting. The two of them had not spoken much in recent years except on New Year's Day which was also his birthday. Their interactions had become stilted during her college years when she announced her relationship with Melanie and even more so when she announced her son's birth. So it was with great surprise that when she answered the phone earlier this evening, it was a voice that she was only used to periodically hearing and then only when she herself had initiated the call.

 

Opening the door, she was taken back several years, to when their relationship had not been so strained; years in the past when she was his darling and everything he could have wanted in his offspring. Everything she had done was for his approval, from the grades she got to the people she associated with.  And now looking at him, it almost felt as if all the years of accusations, guilt, micromanagement and finally silence had drifted away on the sea of forgetfulness.

 

"It's good to see you Daddy," she said as her eyes beheld the man responsible for all that she was.

 

"Hello Lindsay. I see that the years have been good to you. I trust you are well?"

 

"Yes. Well, as well as can be expected at the present moment. I'm just glad that you called and asked that we meet."

 

"About that... I hope you don't mind that I invited a couple of friends along." Motioning the men forward, Ron Peterson introduced the newcomers. "Lindsay, this is an old friend from college, Craig Taylor and the gentleman with him is..."

 

"Connor James. My, Daddy, I am impressed with the circles that you have reached. Mr. James, it's an honor to make your acquaintance. Please gentlemen, come in and make yourselves at home." Lindsay's WASP manners were on full-blast as she took Connor's arm leading him into the living room, with her father and Mr. Taylor following close behind. She offered them refreshments and coffee before settling into her own seat facing her assembled guests. "Now Daddy, what was so important that you requested this meeting?"

 

"Well Lindsay, I think that you, Craig, and Connor have more in common than you could possibly know or understand. There seems to be a certain man wreaking havoc in all of your lives at the present."

 

Lindsay's cool demeanor slipped momentarily, an action that she automatically tried to hide, but not before either of the men saw the dawn of recognition in her eyes. "I imagine that you need to get rid of said pest."

 

Craig cleared his throat. "Yes, my wayward son Justin has become a nuisance in many ways. He and this man...Brian Kinney, seem to have entered a partnership which has allowed them to take my company firmly out of my reach. Connor here is prepared to accept Justin back into his household, providing that we can get Justin away from Brian."

 

At the mention of Brian's name, Lindsay's ears perked up. This was quite possibly the opportunity she had been waiting for. "Mr. James, how do you fit into all of this."

 

"What I am about to tell you cannot leave this room, Lindsay- may I call you Lindsay?" At her nod in the affirmative and her assurance that their secrets would remain between the four of them, Connor regaled Lindsay with the tale of Justin Taylor, sex slave. Although he told her the circumstances in which Justin belonged to Connor, he made it sound as if the young man had traded himself willingly in order to save his family. Connor expressed regret that Justin thought that he didn't love him and decided to run away instead of giving him a chance to prove how much he cared. "So you see Ms. Peterson, it is of the utmost importance that I regain Justin. Not only does he know my secrets, but I love him."

 

Lindsay regarded the man with narrowed eyes. When she began to applaud, Connor looked at her as if she had lost every amount of her mind. Lindsay smiled when she spoke. "Bravo, Mr. James. Your act was worthy of a stage in London." At his appalled expression, she smiled even brighter. "Oh come on now... you didn't think that I would really buy that, did you? Let's just say I know a good liar when I see one, and I'm- for all intents and purposes- in a domestic situation with an attorney. One that I hope to change in the near future by becoming Mrs. Brian Kinney, so let's cut the crap and get down to business shall we?"

 

"What do you want in exchange for helping me to get Justin back?"

 

"In addition to Brian remaining unharmed and alive, I want three million dollars. Brian is wealthy in his own right, and I already live with a partner who basically uses money as a weapon against me. If I have that money, then no one can ever lord theirs over me again. Sure, Brian pays child support for his son of which I am the mother, but he and my partner have an arrangement between them that keeps me from asking for additional funds from the father of my child. Justin stands in my way in more ways than any of you know or realize."

 

It was Connor's turn to applaud. "I'm glad that you assessed the situation correctly, Ms. Lindsay. But there is something that you really don't know, Brian and Justin are fucking. And not just Brian fucking Justin, but the other way around."

 

"You're a liar," Lindsay sneered.

 

"I wish I was but in this case I can assure you that I am telling the truth. As someone who has been fucked repeatedly by Justin Taylor for many years, I can tell the look of a man who also has. I want my property back."

 

"And I want Brian. Now that we have established that, how do you suppose we go about it?"

 

Ron interrupted then by clearing his throat. "Lindsay, we have all given this some thought and we think that you need to be pregnant."

 

"What? I'm not carrying another man's child. It's Brian's or no one's," she stated adamantly. She moved out of her chair and began to pace. "Daddy, think of something else."

 

"There really is nothing else Lindsay. If you want to have the chance to strengthen your blood tie to your child's father regardless of if he fucks you again or not, then you need to trap him. Hell, that's how your mother got me and kept me with her all these years. Other than that, Nancy and I would have been divorced, but in my case, it's cheaper to keep her," he finished sardonically.

 

"Although I see your point, Daddy, how do I go about getting....wait, I think I have an idea." Lindsay looked at the wall clock. Racing over to the phone in the corner, Lindsay picked up the phone and dialed a number that she always kept in the back of her mind from the days before Gus. "Yes, hello. This is Lindsay Peterson. I'd like to know that if the donation attached to my name is available for immediate use. My child became ill a little while ago and it scared my husband and I. We decided to have another child with full DNA so that if anything happens we have a match for marrow. Yes. I can be there tomorrow. Thank you." She turned back into the living room, noticing the stares of all three men. "I always intended that Brian and I have another child and even recently suggested it. I had forgotten that during the initial insemination, we requested that the remainder of Brian's semen be put on ice in case the first round didn't take. Thankfully it only took one try, otherwise I wouldn't be getting inseminated within the week. Tomorrow's appointment is just to verify information and begin the standard testing to make sure that there will be no immediately risk to me getting pregnant again."  

 

"So you're really willing to go through with this?" Connor asked.

 

"You want Justin; I want Brian. If having another kid accomplishes both things, it's a win-win."

 

"You really are quite the cold bitch, Lindsay," Craig Taylor spoke his first words of the night having listened to all of the conversation in hope. "But how does this help me to get my company back?"

 

"Ever heard the term ‘Happy Wife, Happy Life?' Once I am Brian's wife, I will have the opportunity to dismember his new conglomerate right under his nose. I am determined that I come first in his life and a multi-billion dollar corporation takes entirely too much time to run. It's my plan for him to sell it and then we can spend the rest of the time travelling with the kids."

 

"And you think Brian Kinney will fall for that?" Craig wasn't so sure and suddenly it didn't look like it was a good idea to call his old friend Ron after Connor had come to him with this latest bullshit. "I don't think Mr. Kinney has made himself a success on the recommendations of others. Strangely, and I can't believe I'm about to give the little faggot credit for anything, but neither has Justin. I think you are seriously deluded if you think this plan will work, Lady."

 

Lindsay smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. "Well then Mr. Taylor, you are free to take your chances somewhere else. But understand that siding with me, you lose nothing since you have nothing left already. However, supporting me on this could not only get your company back but possibly the rest of your family. Think about how heartbroken your former wife will be when after all her machinations you still end up with your family business. Isn't that worth the risk?"

 

Craig looked at the other men occupying the small living room. He would love nothing better than to rub it in Jennifer and Justin's face that he had won despite everything they tried to do. He deserved to have Taylor Electronics back. They didn't have any real business acumen between them, no matter how successful the company appeared on paper under Jennifer's leadership. It was a fluke. Joining with Lindsay Peterson was his best option to remove Kinney from Justin short of murdering the man. "Fine. But I expect to be kept in the loop on everything, including when the latest child takes root. I have my own plans to make then."

 

"For three million dollars, Mr. Taylor, you have yourself a deal." Lindsay extended her hand and shook both Connor's and Craig's but hugged her father.

 

"I always knew you were brilliant, Princess, even if your choice of mates was always questionable," Ron Peterson said.

 

"Well Daddy, consider that my error in judgement is now over." And she knew it was but first she had to get pregnant with Brian's baby.

 

*`*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Melanie snuck out of the house the same way she had entered. After a long day at work and deciding that she didn't want to have to play nice with Lindsay, she was on her way to her office when she heard a familiar voice...one that she would have loved to forgot existed. Ron Peterson was just as manipulative as his daughter. The trip of it all was that Lindsay failed to see just how much and still couldn't move past wanting his approval. Many times, she and Lindsay had argued about the blonde continuing to seek his approval, in spite of the fact that not only did they have a good life but a child as well. So it was hurtful as Melanie listened as plans for Brian and Justin were dished out over coffee that her money paid for, plans to hurt the man that bought and paid for their house.

 

The second voice introduced into the conversation sent a chill down Mel's spine. Unlike Lindsay, she knew just what devils were invading her house. Craig Taylor was the worst kind of snake in the grass known to man. Not too long ago, Leda had called her seeking some legal advice for one of her friends. At the time, Mel and Lindsay were arguing again, and although both Mel and Leda knew that their former relationship could only remain a memory, they were still friends and spoke often much to Lindsay's dismay. Hearing Justin's name, it just now dawned Melanie who Leda was asking legal advice for.

 

As they detailed their plan, Mel knew that she needed to full story to be able to help Brian. They may never be best friends, but she wouldn't want any harm to ever befall her son's father, no matter what she may have said in anger during their many heated arguments. She nearly screamed when she heard Lindsay on the phone to the fertility clinic they had used for Gus. It shocked and appalled her hearing it all, that she knew that the first thing she needed to do was get out of there.

 

Placing her briefcase gently by the stairs and removing her shoes, Melanie crept up to the second floor. She took great pains to avoid the stairs that she knew creaked when so much as Gus' weight stepped on them. Hurrying down the corridor, she stopped just before Gus' room. Shaking him gently, she was relieved when he awoke fairly easily. Lindsay had been known to give Gus a dose of Benadryl when she had plans that would require the little boy to remain asleep. Standing him up, she dressed him and told him not to make any noise.  She had never been so grateful for the warmer weather than she was in that moment. Melanie raced across the hall stopping at the linen closet where they kept an extra set of bedding in case Gus wet the bed during the night. Taking the extra bedding and padding, Mel went back into Gus room, fixing the bed to look as if a body was laying in it. Satisfied with her handy work, she picked Gus up and moved back down the stairs as silently as she ascended them. Grabbing her briefcase, Melanie stopped to listen to Craig Taylor agree to the three million dollar price tag followed by Lindsay receiving his much sought after approval. Thinking over her session with Daphne earlier in the afternoon, Melanie decided that she was indeed making the right decision, but there was one more thing she had to factor in before putting her plans into action.

 

Getting Gus into the car was as simple as a breeze. She fielded his questions by saying that they were going on an adventure that couldn't wait until morning. She stopped short when he asked if Lindsay was coming with them them. She had answered no, but that the surprise she had for him would make him feel a whole lot better about leaving her behind this time. Pulling out of the driveway, Mel began to drive realizing that she had no idea where he was. Going through her phone, she put a call into Daphne asking that they meet at her office. She let the young psychiatrist know that Gus was with her and that she should make the necessary call to a very specific friend of hers to meet them there as well. Although she was talking fast and in riddles, she could tell that Daphne was quick to catch onto the one-sided conversation. Daphne advised that they would arrive in an hour. It was then that Mel realized that she was only about ten minutes away from the Kinnetik building and suggested that they meet there instead. Daphne huffed out a breath and told Melanie to park; that she would call her right back. Even though it felt like forever, marked only by Melanie's constant drumming on the steering wheel denoting her impatience, Daphne called her back within five minutes of the disconnected phone call. The psychiatrist had given Melanie instructions to meet her at Six Fuller on the corner of Tremont and that she had twenty minutes.

 

Mel made an illegal U-turn, hoping that tonight wouldn't be the night that she would get stopped by the cop she'd spotted at the end of the street giving parking tickets. Mel knew that she was short on time but more importantly, she had to get Gus somewhere safe before Lindsay discovered the young boy missing. While thinking about her next move beyond Gus' safety, the address of where they were headed began to ring in her mind. For some reason that she couldn't automatically place, that address sounded awfully familiar to her. She discarded the thoughts or reasons why as she headed into the Liberty Avenue district.

 

While stopped at a traffic light in the busy intersection, Melanie took a look at Woody's. She remembered the night before Brian's departure to New York five years ago when she and Brian had sat drinking, openly discussing every single thing they hated about each other. It was appalling and yet freeing to know just what Lindsay had meant when she often said that the two were alike. Melanie agreed with Brian that if she had been born with a dick, that her life might have turned out the way his was going. Brian had complimented her saying that she had the biggest balls of any person he knew besides himself. He made her promise that she wouldn't try to prove who had the bigger ones by excluding him from his kid's life. That request had made Melanie really understand just what Brian had given her when he had decided to leave his Liberty Avenue and resident Stud status behind. There wasn't a doubt in her mind from that point forward that Brian really loved their son.

 

Her eyes drifted to the left of the bar when she caught a tall man and another of medium height. She would have thought that they were Brian and Justin except that the taller one had blond hair and the shorter one looked like Michael. She took a closer look at the tall man again, going through her mental photo album of places, faces and notable people with warp speed when she hit her mark. Michael was leaving the bar hugged up with the model Brandon James. Melanie's mind reached back to focus in on the other two men in her living room with Lindsay. There was Ron Peterson.....the despicable ass Craig Taylor......"Holy Shit! Connor fucking James. Connor James was in my fucking living room with Lindsay. And his brother...Holy fuck!"

 

"Mama you can't say bad words," Gus piped up from the backseat. "If Mommy hears she's gonna wash your mouth out with soap. That's what she told me when I said it to Tommy Vilford last week at the park."

 

Melanie instantly felt contrite for forgetting, just for a few moments that she had an impressionable child in the backseat. Her mind was still trying to piece together all of the missing elements of the biggest puzzle she'd ever been a part of. "I'm sorry, honey. I was just caught off guard but your Mommy is right. Bad words are not supposed to be used unless it's by adults."

 

"But if they're bad why can adults use ‘em?"

 

"Gus..." Melanie had to think of a good way to explain this to him. "New rule: If you can't spell it, don't say it. Okay? Now repeat after me..." and she repeated the new rule lamenting that she would have to come up with another when he was in fact able to spell it.

Mel finally pulled up in front of the building with a sense of deja vu. There were many nights that both Lindsay and Melanie had come to the same place looking for Brian, and would find him in some of the most compromising positions imaginable. There were plenty of times that a trick was either just leaving or in many cases arriving at Brian's den of sin. But just as many times, Melanie and Lindsay had interrupted Brian mid-screw. She still wasn't certain that Lindsay hadn't coerced her into going into the loft purposely, hoping to catch a glimpse of Brian's nakedness. With what she now knows about her partner- make that soon to be ex-partner- Melanie no longer doubted the possibility.

 

She shook her mind clear of her reveries, concentrating instead on the present and all that needed to be done. As she alighted from the car and opened the backdoor to remove Gus from his booster seat, four cars sped by her, each parking in the garage next to the property.

 

Brian greeted his son and received a scream and a hug in return. Looking over to Mel, he said, "Park the car in the garage with the others and then we'll talk."

 

She nodded her head, noticing that Brian hadn't let go of Gus nor vice versa. She was glad that the miles apart hadn't diminished their bond. Even though Brian would have Gus out to New York several times a year, it still wasn't the same as being able to see each other everyday. She just hoped that with what she had to tell him, that things between Brian and his son would remain untarnished.

 

Mel greeted Ted, Daphne and Justin warmly and was then introduced to the newcomers into the group. Although she and Cynthia had talked on the phone on numerous occasions, it was nice to finally be able to put a face to the warm voice. Also Melanie was surprised to see Donovan there with them. Both of the attorneys had faced each other numerous times but she was glad they were on the same side this time. She had always found the Kinnetik Corporate attorney and Brian's personal wingman a worthy opponent. They were going to need him big time when dealing with Lindsay and her ilk. Justin's mother and sister finally made it back into Pittsburgh and had not been briefed on any new developments. Seeing the blond Taylors standing together was an experience that Melanie would never forget.

 

The motorcycle that pulled up to the side of them as the introductions were just finishing had her a little apprehensive at first. She didn't know if Lindsay had discovered Gus missing yet and didn't know what would happen if she did. Melanie knew that the only thing that would work in their favor going forward was the element of surprise. So it was with great relief and not a small amount of happiness when he saw the long dark hair fall free of the motorcycle helmet and the long limbs that she would know in her sleep, disengage from the Harley.

 

Staring at the one person she never expected to see, Melanie spoke the name softly. "Leda."

 

The tall brunette dropped her eyes, a killer smile on her lips. "I hope you don't mind me joining the party Mel."

 

"Not at all. I just realized why you asked me all of those legal questions a little more than a year ago. It was to help him, wasn't it?" Mel nodded her head in Justin's direction.

 

"You guessed it. I guess you need some explanations now, right?"

 

Melanie looked around, her eyes landing on Justin. "I think we all do."

 

Justin cleared his throat, uncomfortable with the close scrutiny. When he'd spoken to Daphne earlier, he had already resigned himself to repeating his story to Melanie. Daphne told him that he would need to ask her why she needed to know Justin's personal business but that he really needed to speak with her. Originally, he and Brian were headed out to Brian's place in Squirrel Hill. They were all about to leave the conference room at the airport when he'd received Daphne's frantic message. Based on the urgency and the questions he was about to endure again, he instinctively knew that Connor and Brandon must have found a way to continue making his life hell. He was glad that it was Melanie that he would be dealing with and not her partner. He didn't think that Lindsay Peterson would be an ally in this situation. Clearing his throat he said, "Well I think we all better get upstairs and have at it then."

 

The group walked over to the entrance. As Justin punched the security code, he felt Gus tugging at the leg of his pants. The small boy simply raised his arms, motioning for Justin to pick him up, which the blond complied with without hesitation. Justin felt Gus lean his head into the crook where his neck and shoulder met. He looked over at Brian, who just shrugged and mouthed the words, "Get used to it."

 

As the group filed inside the building, Justin hurried towards the elevator with his precious cargo who seemed to be falling asleep. He was grateful for that. It was much too late for Gus to be out and about, plus the subject matter that they would be discussing was much too intense for the youngster. Hell it was much too intense for him too, but if he was ever going to be free, Justin would endure what he had to. He always did.

 

After settling Gus into the guest room that his father used when he'd stayed over, Justin returned to the living room and poured himself a double shot of Beam. It was his way of bracing himself for the inevitable fallout from a past he never asked for. As soon as he finished that one, he poured another and gulped it down. He felt the strong hands gripping his shoulders from behind as he made to pour himself a third libation.

 

"That's enough Sunshine," Brian's voice sounded low in his ear.

 

"Is it Brian? I can tell you that it isn't. There isn't enough booze in the world to drown out what I am feeling right now."

 

"I get it, Justin. But I promised that you weren't in this by yourself anymore."

 

"And I'm just supposed to be grateful of the sacrifices everyone is making to keep me away from them? Is that it?"

 

Brian turned the younger man around to face him. "That's not it. They are doing what they want to do. Justin, you have to accept that it's their decision to help you."

 

"And you? What about you Brian? You've already done so much..."

 

"Because I wanted to. Don't you see that? Didn't you hear anything the others and I said to you while we were in that conference room at the airport? I made the decision, Justin, ME and you will not back out on it because of some misguided notion that you are ruining my life or some other such shit that you have taken into that blond head of yours. I'm doing what I have to do to protect the man I..."

 

"What? Go on, say it," Justin dared Brian angrily. He didn't need Brian's pity or anyone else's. This still remained his problem and he would find a way to fix it.

 

Brian had seen the emotions play on Justin's face- those ranging from anger to despair. But he'd also glimpsed a little something in Justin's eyes that he didn't think the younger man was even aware of. Brian saw a glimmer of hope and he would do all in his power to bring that emotion to the forefront of Justin's mind. Taking the lithe body into his arms, Brian let everything he was feeling in that moment pour itself into Justin's mouth. At first savoring and then deepening the kiss further, he kissed Justin with every ounce of skill he possessed until he felt the rigid body in his arms become pliant and the soft puffs of air mixed with bouts of defiance turn into whimpers of pleasure and compliance. He didn't know or understand what it was between them, but he did acknowledge mentally that Justin was his in more than name only.

 

Detaching himself from Justin's oh-so-tempting frame, Brian led him over to where everyone else was seated. To the average viewer, the assembly would have reminded them of a dinner party in which everyone was languid and full from a five star meal. But nothing could be further from the truth for each of the occupants of Justin's home. Justin began by telling Melanie exactly and in extreme details about his time with the James brothers, including, but not limited to his own father's culpability. Jennifer added to the tale advising how she, Molly, and Daphne had discovered Justin's whereabouts as well as the reasons why he was essentially kidnapped. Leda told Melanie of meeting Justin a couple of years after he had been placed in captivity and the tight leash that Connor and Brandon kept on the young blond. She also spoke of every bruise and broken bone that she had known of during that time. Justin picked the tale back up on detailing his rise to partnership in Kinnetik.

 

Mel sat there in stunned disbelief at what she was hearing. She had known Craig Taylor to be a bottom-feeder, but this was at an all-time low for the scumbag. She had to know... "Justin, you've mentioned a book several times since you've all began talking. What's in it?"

 

"It's an actual record of Brandon and Connor's role within the human trafficking. Some of their victims throughout the years have been murdered while others survived and went to new ‘masters.' All of that information is in there along with the people who tried to either save the victims or tried to go against Brandon and Connor. Jason Kemp and I are the last two entries within that cursed document."

 

Melanie nodded in understanding of his unwillingness to further speak about it. "I have to tell you that your tale is unbelievable except that I have my own proof that you are in real danger. My first inclination is to go to the police- I am an attorney after all- but honestly in this town, money talks more than justice. Craig and Connor were at my house tonight when I arrived home from work. Somehow, they convinced Ron Peterson to help them regain your person. Lindsay was all too happy to offer her own brand of assistance in the matter in exchange..."

 

"How much, Mel?" Brian asked, his anger at the entire situation just below the surface.

 

"Brian, it doesn't matter," she tried again.

 

"Like fuck it doesn't. How much is that bitch selling herself for now?"

 

Melanie was surprised by the venom in Brian's tone. Initially she had thought that he wouldn't believe her. They had endured a love/hate relationship throughout the years so it would have stood to reason that he would have a hard time trusting her motives.

 

Justin interrupted her thoughts. "Come on Mel. You have to tell us all of it. Based on the fact that not only you are here but you brought Gus with you, speaks of the fact that you no longer trust her yourself. If we have any chance- if I am willing to accept the help you all have offered- then you have to come clean. Please."

 

Mel looked into the crystal blue eyes knowing that Justin was right. She just hated that she was hurting him and Brian in any way. They didn't deserve it. Closing her eyes and bowing her head, Mel let the answer passed her lips. "Lindsay is getting three million dollars but that's not all."

 

"What the fuck else could there possibly be, Mel? She's not satisfied that she will be destroying someone's life and getting paid for it in the process? What the fuck else could she possibly want?" Brian exploded.

 

Melanie looked into the furious hazel eyes which looked more green than any emerald she had ever seen. "Brian you need to call the fertility clinic in the morning."

 

Mel's statement caused a collective gasp from everyone assembled except Brian. All it did was cause him more anger. He swallowed hard before speaking again. "Let me get this straight. Lindsay is willing to ruin my fiance's life in exchange for three million dollars, and has found another way to squeeze more money out of me. Let me guess. Daddy will be paying for the procedure."

 

"Yeah he'll pay for it Brian, and Lindsay gets the money as soon as she's pregnant. Of course her ultimate goal is that you will marry her after she hands Justin over to Craig and Connor. Oh before I forget... there's one more thing you should know."

 

"And that is?"

 

"Michael left Woody's with Brandon tonight," Mel said quietly.

 

Ted and Brian both screeched, "WHAT?!?!" Before Brian followed up with "How could he be so fucking stupid?"

 

"I don't know the details but I saw them hugged up when I was on my way here. It took me a minute to place his face but then I remembered the billboard that used to hang outside of Kinnetik PA before they replaced it with your newest ad for Remson. I think you need to call him and warn him about the madman intent on seduction," Mel finished.

 

"It's too late," Justin said, his voice monosyllabic to everyone in the room. "Brandon is not the type to waste time on pleasantries. All you can do is provide whatever relief and information you can tomorrow when no doubt he will arrive wherever he thinks that you might be." He couldn't stop the tears which began to cloud his eyes. He didn't like Michael but he would never wish the attentions of Brandon James on his worst enemy.

 

Ted changed the subject. "In the meantime Brian and Justin, you both need to be at the office early in the morning. You have the Domestic Partnership papers to sign so that we can rush having them filed and even then it may take awhile."

 

Donovan chimed in then. "Melanie, do you still have your contact down at the courthouse?"

"Yes, Marie Sutton is still working there. Why?"

 

"I'm going to run to my office now and draw up the forms. Do you think Marie will be willing to file these immediately. I will try to get the red tape removed on my end here in Pennsylvania, New York, and California so that they can be moved at the top of the list. With any luck, you guys will be technically married by morning and legally joined by the end of Friday. But we have to move quickly. Are you both still sure that this is what you want?"

 

Brian looked at Justin trying to gauge his reaction to the prospect. "It's once again your call Sunshine. Do you want to be Mrs. Brian Kinney by sunrise tomorrow?"

 

Justin laughed at the moniker Brian had placed on him already. "Fuck Mrs. Brian Kinney. I would just rather be Mr. Justin Cole Taylor...Kinney"

 

"Twat," Brian snickered as he pulled Justin in for a celebratory kiss.


Donovan left and returned a little over an hour later with the revised documents for their business ventures, adding in all joint property both present and future. As the sun rose over the horizon of the river facing Justin's loft which had belonged to Brian several years prior, both Brian and Justin signed the documents that would join them tighter than any ceremony of matrimony ever could. What belonged to Brian was now Justin's and vice versa. They were complete and total equals in their lives going forward...and Brian wouldn't have it any other way.