- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! Unfortunately, it couldn't be helped.

 

 

CHAPTER 25: CROSSING LINES INCURS BLACK EYES


“Ma’am, for the last time, you need to find a way to calm the young man down,” the stewardess said, hard pressed not to yell at the woman who had resorted to ignoring the apparently-inconsolable little boy seated next to her, instead of her initial litany of complaints and epithets she’d been leveling at him.


“He’ll stop if you don’t give him the attention he’s seeking,” Lindsay answered, uncaring that she was causing other customers distress by her nonchalance.


“Obviously he won’t since you’ve been ignoring him for the last fifteen minutes!” she exclaimed, thoroughly pissed off with the blond bitch’s air of superiority.


“Look! I’ve paid our fare just like everyone else…”


“Whereas that may be true, I’m through arguing with you. I’m going to advise the Captain that we need to land at the nearest airport. Perhaps that will calm him.”


“NO!” Lindsay yelled in a panicked voice, grabbing the stewardess' wrist to keep her from doing just what she said. “You will do no such fucking thing! Look, I’ll take him into the restroom and try to impress upon him the importance of being quiet.” She smiled slightly in an effort to de-escalate the situation. The last thing she needed before she met up with Connor to hand Gus over was this bitchy stewardess ruining her plans to finally get Brian to do what she wanted; dump the fucking whore and marry her, or he'd never see his precious son again!

 

It was supposed to be a simple, even exchange that Brian should jump at- his son, for Connor's property. And as a given, she was to be included in the bargain. No way was she going to allow Gus to get anywhere near Brian without them finally becoming a real family. She felt no guilt for her treatment of Melanie. After all, she would certainly be busy either nursing Leda or mourning her. It didn't make Lindsay any difference which one would happen, as long as Brian finally wised up and realized that he belonged to her, not that fuck toy named Justin Taylor! She would be sure to include the reversal of all property, and nullification of any contracts the two men had signed as part of their deal. She didn't want to give them a chance to keep any connections or contact after she took her rightful place by Brian's side.


The stewardess snatched her wrist out of Lindsay's grip, replying, “You do that; but if he comes back out of there screaming as he has been, I WILL alert the captain of the continued issues.”


Gus continued to scream his protests as Lindsay reached down and snatched his little body from the plane seat. She was thoroughly at her wits end with her brat. His time spent with Mel, in addition to Brian and his whore, had obviously changed Gus into a willful, stubborn little creature hellbent on getting his own way. It was time he remembered that she was his fucking mother, and she knew just the way to do it!

 

Reaching the restroom, she all but shoved him inside, slamming and locking the door. “You really are a fucking disappointment! So you want to continue to scream and make a scene do you?!” She yelled at the cowering little boy.


“This is all your fault! Leda is dead because of YOU!” Gus yelled back at her through his tears, voice elevated so that there was no doubt what the issue was. “I LOVED HER, and I HATE YOU!”


Lindsay smiled meanly, remembering the look of horror on Leda’s face just before she hit her with the rental car. Sneering at her offspring, she stated, “Well that’s unfortunate for you. And the truth is, I’m not too fond of you either, Gus. In fact, the man I’m taking you to see hates children, but it’s the only way to get your father to stop thinking with his cock and do what the fuck I want. My only mistake was having you. You’re nothing to me; just a waste of human flesh! You had only ONE job and that was to make Brian marry me, but you couldn’t even do that right!”


“And you’re a WITCH! Daddy wouldn’t marry you because you’re a stupid woman! You’re a liar and a killer. You’re the waste of human flesh. It’s why NO ONE will EVER love you! I hope he and Papa Jus call the police on you. You need to go to jail for what you have done, STUPID!” Gus remained where he was, but he was not going to let Lindsay say those mean things about him and not defend himself. “I WISH YOU WEREN’T MY MOTHER!!! I HATE YOU!!”



Picking Gus up by his hair, she slapped him several times before aiming a well-placed kick to his stomach. “You should learn to mind that smart mouth of yours, Son. Not so big and grown now are you, little boy?! You’re just a scared little sissy, just like your fucking Papa Jus!”


She continued to curse him, listing fault after fault with his existence. She kept kicking him again and again as she punctuated each syllable with the action, until the only sounds she heard were whimpers at first, before the complete silence. When she was sure that Gus had passed out from not being able to catch enough air, and would finally be quiet, she reached down and propped him against the stall wall. Lifting his shirt, she noticed the red skin, indication that several bruises were about to form. She was still admiring her handiwork when there was an insistent knocking on the bathroom door.


Righting Gus’ clothing, she called out, “Just a moment,” before settling Gus’ head against the toilet seat and standing up. Glimpsing her hair and makeup in the mirror, she gave both a quick fix before unlocking the door. She wasn’t surprised or delighted to see the stewardess standing there. “What do you want?”


“For you to return to your seat immediately.” She looked past Lindsay to see Gus leaning against the toilet seat. “What did you do to him?!”


“Nothing that I didn’t say I would do. I impressed upon him the importance of being quiet just as I told you I would. He cried himself to sleep.”


The stewardess looked hard at Lindsay before replying, “I would buy that except…”


“Except what?!” Lindsay’s voice elevated.


The stewardess narrowed her eyes at Lindsay. “Except that the redness is on the left side of his face while he is lying on the right.”


Before Lindsay could respond, the woman pulled back her fist and punched Lindsay, smiling at the satisfying crunch of Lindsay’s nose breaking before she fell hard to the floor. She didn't know if she'd knocked the blonde out, or if it was seeing the blood spurt from her nose upon contact... and she didn't care, as long as the bitch wasn't standing upright anymore. Many of the more concerned passengers had alerted her to the loud argument that was occurring in the restroom. In turn, she had run back to the cockpit to alert the Captain of the situation and asked for an ETA to LaGuardia. He’d told her, barring a storm, they were scheduled to land on time, and that he would alert the authorities. They had about another ten minutes before approach.


Looking at the crumpled form of the most despicable woman she’d ever had the displeasure of dealing with, she called two of the stewards to her. “Do we have any surge tape still on board?”


“Yeah, we do, Misty. If you hadn’t cold-cocked that bitch, I would have!” Aaron told her.


“Yeah, well someone needed to do it a long time ago. Faison, can you gather the young mister up, as carefully as you can, and put him in my seat?”


“Where will you be?”


“Oh, I’m not leaving this petty bitch’s side. There's a huge difference between spanking and abuse, and this bitch crossed too many lines for it not to be considered the latter!”


“You know you’re bound to lose your job over this, Misty,” Faison warned. “It might be better if you disassociate yourself from this situation immediately.”


Misty shrugged. “At this point, I don’t care if I do. An airline that would condone this type of behavior from one of its passengers is NOT the type of employer I want to work for. Besides, I finally have my MBA, and courtesy of the tuition reimbursement benefit, I’ve already received my money. So Liberty Air can go fuck itself if they fire me over my actions.”


“Uh, I don’t think they will, you two,” Aaron said, moving closer to the unconscious boy.


“What makes you think they won’t?” Faison asked. He’d been with the company longer than any of them and knew the policy when it came to flight attendants being involved in altercations involving passengers.


“Because that little boy over there is the son of the head of Kinnetik. The same company who does all of our advertising...”


“What?! Are you sure?” Faison took a closer look, along with the others. With the bruising on the little boy’s face, it was hard to tell.


“Not a doubt in my mind,” Aaron said assuredly. “After Misty told the Captain what was happening, he asked me to pull the passenger roster. I was at the refreshment station for First Class, but he told me he needed it immediately since he was putting in an alert to air traffic control. When he saw the name, he immediately asked me why Augustus Kinney Peterson-Marcus was flying in economy when he was supposed to be automatically upgraded to First Class.”


“Not his mother?”


“Not either of his mothers, unless they were accompanying Brian Kinney somewhere. The only one that ever has is Melanie Marcus, since, for a while, she was his corporate attorney. I don’t know if she still is, but based on the gossip going around the mill on the plane regarding this young man, he’s not even supposed to be in Lindsay’s care.”


“What are you talking about?” Misty asked, genuinely confused.


“There was a press conference earlier and that bitch’s name was mentioned several times. I also know that there was supposed to be an exclusive interview given this evening in response to the Taylor-Kinney/James scandal, which I had planned to catch the rerun of during our layover in New York. Apparently, Brian Kinney has gotten married, so his last name is now Taylor-Kinney. It’s big news for a number of reasons, but the main one is because of his husband’s association with Connor and Brandon James.”


“Oh my God! How could I have not made the connection?!” Misty nearly broke down. She’d seen the news this morning before she was supposed to be at work, but had paid little attention to the circumstances surrounding the clip of an idiotic little man, spewing his version of the truth within a diner. She had no idea just how big the news really was until just this moment. Pulling herself together, she reiterated her orders. “Aaron, get Gus settled in my seat. And Faison, help me get this witch in her assigned seat before going to get that tape. You’re going to have to make the announcement for everyone to fasten their seatbelts while I do the makeshift restraints for Ms. Peterson.”

 

They moved with lightning speed, getting everything in order for their approach to LaGuardia. She could only hope that the Captain had given the NYPD enough time to get to the airport in time to arrest Lindsay Peterson. She noticed the plane circling around, and getting in position to land when just a mere twenty miles away, another plane was approaching fast on her left. She knew that meant a slight delay since private jets were often given immediate clearance to land. It often annoyed her that even in this situation, the vaunted one percent was often given preference. But when she saw the gold letters written on the side of the plane, she smiled. And then prayed that the NYPD would be delayed after all.