- Text Size +

BRIAN


Jen showed up with Emmett at the police station. I had to stay calm for the kids, but once Emmett took them I couldn’t fake it anymore. The police had received a call from a woman who witnessed a woman shoving a man into a car and driving off quickly. The grocery store manager was able to show us footage of Justin in line, and the woman verified it was Justin who the woman took from the sidewalk. They showed her a picture of Lindsay, and the woman let us know that she looked less polished, but it was her. Unfortunately that didn’t tell us anything, like where my husband was and what the bitch was doing.


Carl came over and led Jen and I out of the middle of the station. I knew it was useless, but I kept dialing Justin anyway. Jen wasn’t handling this any better than I was, and wasn’t happy when she saw Nancy Peterson come into the station. Nancy walked in like she owned the place, barely looking at Gus when she walked by him. She came straight to me and Carl.


“I’m not happy with the news covering this.” She tells me.


“I’m not happy that your daughter thinks she has the right to touch my son.” Jen tells her, getting in her face.


“Which none of you can prove, so I feel it’s inappropriate to allow the media to cause embarrassment to my family. Maybe your son wanted attention and did this himself.” She tells Jen.


“Ma’am, you can bring all the lawyers you want, it doesn’t change what we will do to do our jobs. Your daughter didn’t seem to remember that there are cameras in front of the loft. We have her going into the building, after Justin left the building. There are also witnesses who called the police and can place Lindsay shoving Justin into a car. I’m sure your lawyer can console you when we arrest your daughter, but otherwise there isn’t any reason to be in my station bothering people who are worried about a loved one, who by your daughter’s actions, could be in harm's way.” Carl tells her.


“We’ll see what the mayor thinks, he’s a very good friend of the family.” She tells him.


“Lady, you can be friends with the president and it wouldn’t stop me from doing my job. You might want your lawyer to stick around though, I’m sure your daughter will need him.” Carl tells her.


“This is all your fault, you always led Lindsay astray.” She tells me, looking at me like I smelled bad.


“I’m surprised you remember you have a daughter. I mean, you’ve spent your life declaring how Lynnette was everything you could ever want in a daughter. She marries the right men, over and over again. What made you remember Lindsay, was your tennis game interrupted?” I sneer.


“She never did the things she did until she meet you.” Nancy tells me.


“Is that your excuse for how your daughter turned out? It couldn’t be that you were too busy to bother to see your daughter had problems, because her mother was a frigid woman who was too busy entertaining the club instructors. That would explain Lindsay believing the impossible, that a gay man would want anything to do with her, You seem to think men who get paid to sleep with you, want you. Anything happens to my son and there won’t be a place you can go that I won’t tell all your secrets to.” Jen tells her.


“There aren’t any secrets that I don’t know.” I warn Nancy.


My phone started ringing and I walked away from everyone before picking up. I saw who was on the screen and I took a deep breath before answering.


“Justin.” I breathed out when I answered.


JUSTIN


I sat on the trunk, having had to slam it back down when Lindsay found the safety feature that I’m sure is there for a reason for, but it just made it so I couldn’t get up. I practically laid down to reach my phone and turned it on. I was debating who to call first, the police or Brian. Brian won when I saw the amount of missed calls I had from him. I was dialing, but Lindsay, who still hasn’t figured out the backseat would probably be a faster way to get loose, tried again to open the trunk, like we hadn’t already covered that I was sitting here. Which only made me misdial a few times, before getting it right.


He breathed my name and I hated that he was scared.


“I kind of need someone to come get Lindsay.” I tell him.


“Where is Lindsay?” He asks.


“In the trunk of the car she shoved me into.” I tell him, listening to him laugh.

 

“Why do I always forget who you are?” He asks me.


“I don’t know, most likely because you love me.” I tell him.


“Where do I need to come?” He asks.


“I’m sitting in a field on the trunk of a white car off the interstate. Could you hurry please, my ass was already sore, and slamming the trunk with it wasn’t the way I wanted it to be sore.” I tell him.


“I’ll find you.” He tells me, hanging up.


BRIAN


I walked out, making sure no one saw me. I would call when I got there, but I wanted to be able to hold Justin before he ended up answering questions for hours. I drove along the interstate, and couldn’t miss Justin, who was still on the trunk, talking on the phone. I made the call to Carl to tell him where we were, and he was not thrilled with me for not letting him know first.  He growled to stay there until he got there. I pulled over and got out to get to Justin. He didn’t move except to slam the trunk again. I pulled him off the trunk and let her open it. She started crying, accusing Justin of trying to separate us, I slammed it back down and put Justin on top of it. I held his head and kissed him, relieved that he was safe.


Justin wrapped his legs around me and pulled me over to him, twining his tongue with mine. I felt him pulling my zipper down and reaching in, stroking me. I reached down, unzipping him and started rubbing us together. Justin held us together as we ground against each other. I kissed his neck then licked up to his ear as he stroked us even faster, he turned his head to catch my lips as we both came, moaning loudly. I had my head in his neck breathing him in.


We both remembered where we were when Lindsay started screaming under us, apparently she didn’t like hearing what we were doing. I pulled my shirt off and took my tee-shirt off to clean us up, slamming the trunk down for Justin, because his ass had things that I need it for, and bruising it for Lindsay was not one of them.


Carl arrived faster than it took me to get here. Justin was happy to be able to get away from Lindsay when Carl took over and handcuffed her. Lindsay kept telling Carl that Justin was the one who kidnapped her, not the other way around. Carl told her that she could tell her story at the station, to the person who witnessed Lindsay driving off after forcing Justin into the car.


I told Carl that Justin and I would follow, no one was taking him out of my sight. As soon as we parked, Jen grabbed Justin, looking him over. Justin kept repeating that he was fine, to calm her down. When Lindsay was being walked in, Justin held his mother when she tried to go after Lindsay. I would have loved to see what Jen planned, but ended up watching Deb slap Lindsay hard enough to have her head snap back. Deb held out her hands, saying going to jail was worth getting a chance to do what her boys wouldn’t to Lindsay.


Justin ran up the steps, passing everyone to find our kids, who ran out, latching onto Justin.


“Brian, I explained to them what was going on. They knew something was wrong.” Emmett tells me.


JUSTIN


Hannah kept kissing my cheek and telling me not to disappear again, because it made Daddy cry. I held my daughter, who worried about everyone the way her father did. I let her go and run to Brian, while Gus wouldn’t let go of me. I pulled him to look at me.


“Gus, I’m fine.” I tell him.


“My mom tried to hurt you.” He tells me.


“She didn’t though.” I tell him.


“Emmett said that nothing would change how you feel about me.” He told me, but I knew he was asking me.


“Gus, your Dad and I love you. What someone else does doesn’t change that. You still loving your mother won’t change what you mean to us.” I tell him.


“I knew, I just like hearing it.” He tells me, trying to smirk, but ended up with his head on my shoulder. I picked him up and followed Brian and Hannah into the breakroom. I let Gus stay on my lap until he no longer doubted that nothing changed the love we have for him. I told him about the house we were going to buy and that he and Hannah needed to decide how we decorate it.


Brian took the kids while I wrote my statement and answered the same questions fifty times in a row. Lindsay’s lawyer kept insisting he needed to be there to make sure no one was helping me incriminate his client. I was just really tired, and went off because I didn’t like the asshole.


“Your client managed to incriminate herself without any help from me. She broke into my home, leaving her fingerprints all over like a game of connect the dots. Then she just racked up assault charges from Chicago to Pittsburgh. Hell, you don’t even need me to press charges for kidnapping to have her ass in jail. I’d really appreciate being able to repeat the answers to the same questions fifty more times, without having to deal with the asshole the Peterson’s think will make it easier to go to the country club.” I tell him, turning back to the detective asking questions.


“You really need to go deal with your client, she can’t seem to figure out a story that anyone will believe. Justin might be tired of answering the questions we need answered, but the story never changes, or the answers. The facts won’t change either, no matter what name Nancy drops to try to get it to happen the way she wants it to. You might have two clients if I can figure out a way to get what Nancy is doing charged as threatening a police officer.” Carl tells him.

 

“I think I could really like you.” I tell Carl.