- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

What happens now that Daniel's gone and it's only Brian and Justin? With only two weeks left in the Summer of Sin, we're running out of time . . . TAG

 

***** Warning - Emotional Roller Coaster Ahead - Be prepared for liquid-spewing hilarity at the beginning of the chapter and have tissues ready for the end just in case.*****

 

SOS - Red Lounge.pngSOS - Red Lounge.pngSOS - Red Lounge.png


Chapter 57 - The End. (Monday, August 15th).



Ted came into the Greatroom of The Residence and saw, to his surprise, that the evening’s Challenge was still in progress. He looked at his watch and noted that the challenge should have started almost a half hour ago. Ted hadn’t thought the ‘Last Manhood Standing’ challenge would last this long, especially when there were only two participants tonight. The object of the game was supposed to be that, after a ten minute ‘warm up’ period where the boys would stroke themselves to an erection, they would be left to just stand there without any further stimulation and wait to see who could keep their hard on the longest. For normal humans that would likely be a rather short time. But there were Brian and Justin, standing face to face with their hands firmly clasped behind their backs, both still apparently hard as nails.


“Come on, Sunshine. You can do this,” Brian was saying as Ted neared. “Just think about what I’m going to do to you as soon as I win this challenge. The way I’ll instantly bend you over the back of that chair over there, then take this magnificent erection that I still have and shove my dick up your ass so hard you won’t be able to sit on that perky posterior for days.”


*Mmmmmm* “That sounds really hot, Brian. But what if I outlast you? Have you considered that?” Justin countered. “What if my great big boner is the last dick standing? How are you going to show your appreciation for my teenage stamina? Huh?


“Oh, I’m sure I’ll think of something, Sunshine. I mean, I could always suck you until you were dry. Just like I did this morning in the shower . . .”


“Oh yeah. That would definitely work. And I could fuck your mouth with my cock all the while until you begged me to come. Of course, you’re such a cock whore at heart, you’d probably love that wouldn’t you, Stud? Yeah, everyone thinks you’re so untouchable but you’d do anything for a nice fat cock in your mouth, wouldn’t you . . .”


Ted passed by the two contestants and approached Scott, the servant who was running that night’s Challenge. “Hey! How’s it going? I didn’t expect you to still be going this late,” Ted greeted his employee.


“Yeah, me neither. But twenty minutes later I’m still standing here,” Scott waved a hand at the two men who were still cursing and talking dirty with each other as if nothing else in the world around them even existed. “And these two . . . Shit! They’re just standing there not touching themselves or each other. Just looking at each other and saying the nastiest, dirtiest shit I’ve ever heard. It’s been going on non-stop since they started. And they’re both still so fucking turned on that they’re making ME hard. At this rate we could be here all night.”


“Well, as amusing as that may be, I’m meeting Emmett at Woody’s in less than an hour so . . . Let’s see what I can do to hurry things along, hmmmm?” Ted announced, checking his brand new Rolex watch one more time before approaching the two dueling dirty-mouthed divas.


“Brian. Justin. How’s it going, you guys?”


“Excellent, Theodore,” Brian replied although his gaze never wavered from Justin’s. “Except that I think Sunshine here may need another spanking. He’s got these opinions about his ability to outlast me that just can NOT be tolerated. So I was thinking that, as soon as we’re done here, I would take him upstairs and tie him up to the bed. Then I was going to get out that beautiful, heavy-handled black flogger and stripe his pretty pale ass with a nice assortment of pink hatch marks. And THEN I would probably lick each and every one of those stripes with my tongue until he was dripping with my spit. What do you think, Sunshine? You’d look so hot tied up and writhing with my spit dripping down between your crack . . .”


*Ahem* “Well, yes. Be that as it may,” Ted felt his own pants getting rather tight through the crotch all of a sudden and decided it was high time to move things along. “Yeah . . . So, Brian, I just came by to give you another warning. It seems Debbie’s having some crisis or other. She was going on and on about Michael and I couldn’t take it anymore - you KNOW how Debbie can get - and somehow I, maybe, sorta, agreed to let her come over here and talk to you . . .” Ted looked down at his shoes, attempting to look ashamed even though he really wasn’t.


“What the hell? Ted! The last person I fucking want to talk to right now - well, the last person except for Michael himself - is Debbie.” Brian’s focus finally broke off from Justin’s face at Ted’s horrific announcement. “Why the fuck would you tell her to come over here? And, now, of all times? We’re in the middle of a fucking Challenge here, Ted.”


Then Ted turned to the blond boy who was now looking back and forth between Brian and Ted with evident confusion. “Oh, and, sorry about this Justin, but . . . When I saw Debbie at the Diner, she was with your mother. And, well, somehow, it just came out in the conversation that Debbie was coming over here to talk to Brian and . . . Well, the next thing I knew, Jennifer was inviting herself over too. So, I figure you two have about five minutes to prepare yourselves . . .”


“But . . . But . . . My MOTHER? HERE? FUCK!” Justin was looking like he was about to panic, his eyes darting around the room trying to find someplace to hide. “You can’t seriously expect me to see my MOTHER! I’m fucking naked here! I’m naked and I’ve been fucking all day long and I smell like sex . . . And I’m NAKED!”


Justin was about ten seconds away from bolting, contest and million dollar prize be damned. He hadn’t blinked an eyelash at the prospect of fucking while dozens of Ted’s staff and thousands of online viewers were watching. He had stood up to the rigors of each Challenge without backing down. He hadn’t even given up in the face of the dauntless persecution of Daniel. But just the mere THOUGHT of his mother seeing him naked was more than enough to deflate his dick lickety-split!


“What the fuck am I going to do, Brian? I’m . . . I’m going to go fucking hide in the bedroom. Okay? You . . . You’ll tell her you’ve never met me, okay. And then get rid of her. And . . . And . . .”


“W-w-w-wait, Sunshine! I’m not staying down here to face Deb AND your Mother - fucking naked - while you hide . . .” Brian was feeling almost as panicked as Justin looked. The daunting thought of having Debbie confronting him on behalf of her dear, sweet, precious widdle Michael was only slightly less frightening than meeting Sunshine’s MOTHER for the first time while he was buck naked and sporting a rather impressive boner . . . Well, maybe not. Brian looked down and noted that Ted’s announcement had killed off any chance he had to win tonight’s little Challenge with one fell swoop. Damn, Ted! Why the fuck did he have to come and make this little announcement right now? Did he WANT to make Brian go soft . . .


Brian looked over at Ted and noted that the man was now grinning at him evilly, not even trying to look innocent.


“Okay . . . Okay, fine. Then, we’ll both go hide. Ted, you have to stop them. I don’t care what you say. Tell them we’re dead or the house burned down or . . . or . . . fuck it, I don’t care what you tell them! Come on, Brian! We’ve got to get out of here,” Justin was tugging on Brian’s arm and trying to move him towards the stairs, presumably so that they could cower together under the covers on their bed.


“Sunshine . . . Sunshine, calm the fuck down! Theodore! Say something before your last two contestants have matching heart attacks and you have to call the ambulance back for another visit,” Brian demanded, turning his accusing gaze onto the unapologetic and now laughing Ted. “Justin, let go already. Ted is just being a total ass. Your Mother isn’t going to come busting in here any time soon. Is she Ted?”


“Well, not exactly . . . Sorry gentlemen. I just thought it might move things along a little faster this evening, you know?”


“Fuck you, Ted! You DO know you have a really nasty sense of humor, right?” Brian was torn between being angry at Ted’s practical joke and laughing at both himself and Justin for falling for it. “Justin. JUSTIN! Stop already,” Brian ordered, as his Sunshine turned almost instantly from sunny to overcast and looked like he was about to punch Ted in the face. It took more strength than Brian would have expected to hold the snarling little attack twink back. “I think Justin needs a bit of a time out, Ted. If you’ll give me a minute here . . .”


Brian manhandled the still seething Stormshine out of the room and into the kitchen where he sat the boy down in a chair, got him a bottle of cold water and then backed slowly away before any of that hostility could rebound on him.


Brian sighed with relief when he made it back out to the Greatroom without losing any of his favorite body parts to the irate little twinkie typhoon. “Remind me not to play any practical jokes on Sunshine in the future, Theodore,” Brian commented as he returned to his still-laughing friend. “He might be small but he’s vicious when you rile him. Now, Theodore, what exactly was the purpose of making my bedmate irate this evening. Is this another Challenge? Cause if so, I have to say you’ve sunk to new lows here. I like my balls right where they are and don’t really need you to give the blond a reason to tear them off with his bare hands.”


*Hehehehe* Ted just couldn’t stop laughing. The Twinkie Terror was too much fun. But he really did have something serious to talk to Brian and Justin about so, after a minute or two, he managed to pull himself together. “You might have a point there, Brian. Sorry. Again. It was just too easy . . . I couldn’t resist. But, there WAS a reason I came over here tonight other than to anger you both. Do you think it’s safe to call Justin back out of the kitchen yet?”


“Don’t know,” Brian rubbed his chin contemplatively. “Hey, Scott. Can you go get Justin for your Boss. He needs to talk to us,” Brian raised his voice and called out to the servant who was still busy cleaning up some paperwork and tidying things in preparation for leaving - and who Brian had determined was expendable if Justin was still on the warpath.


Ten minutes later Brian was seated on the couch next to a calm and once again sunshiney Sunshine with Ted perched on the coffee table across from then.


“First of all, I just wanted to pass along what little information I have from Daniel’s brother,” Ted stated with a serious frown. “I know you weren’t exactly buddies, but you did live together for the past almost-three-months so I thought you’d want to know . . . As you probably figured out already, the doctors say he suffered a massive stroke as a result of a hemorrhaging brain aneurysm. They found high levels of steroids in his system and apparently his blood pressure was off the charts. They think that, when he lost his temper over the Drag Queen Poker game, his blood pressure spiked and that’s what caused the hemorrhage.”


“I spoke to his brother, Richard, who said that Daniel is still in the ICU and listed as critical, although he did finally wake up earlier today. He’ll have a long recovery and probably never be the same as he was. But, since we got him help immediately, he has a good chance of making a substantial recovery.” Ted noted the sad look on Justin’s face and the blank look on Brian’s. “There was really nothing either of you did that made it worse or caused this. It was Daniel’s own fault. His brother told us he’s been doing steroids for years. And even then, there was no way to know he had an aneurysm. If it hadn’t ruptured now, it’s likely it would have done so some other time in the future. Richard said he was just grateful that when it did happen it was here where we all saw and were able to get him to medical help so fast. If not, Daniel wouldn’t have survived.”


“Well, I can’t say he wasn’t an ass or that he wasn’t asking for it,” Brian finally spoke up after they’d all sat there for several minutes silently. “But I still wouldn’t wish that on anyone. And if I might make a marketing suggestion, Theodore, you should probably make a large contribution on behalf of the Summer of Sin to some charity that promotes awareness of the dangers of steroid abuse. You can put something about it on the website and maybe even solicit donations. It will go a long way towards making your viewers feel better about what they watched - which was no doubt just as frightening to the online viewers as it was to us here.”


“Great Idea, Brian. Thanks. I’ll get on that first thing tomorrow.” Ted sighed and then turned his attention to the primary matter of business that he’d come here to discuss. “Now, what I really came here to ask you is . . . what’s the likelihood that you two will get in a fight and one of you will refuse to fuck the other or drop out of the contest?” Ted asked bluntly.


Brian and Justin looked at each other and then both broke out laughing.


“Um . . . I’d say the chances of that are slightly worse than the chances of waking up tomorrow and discovering that the Republican party is officially supporting The Gay Marriage Initiative and George W. Bush has announced he’s getting a sex change operation,” Brian offered.


Justin chuckled along next to Brian in complete agreement.


“That’s about what I thought, too,” Ted replied, looking at the two men with intense concentration. “Which is why The Master and I have decided that there’s really not much point in continuing on with the game any longer . . .”


“W-what?’ Justin stuttered out the same question that was on the tip of Brian’s tongue. “But, what does that mean for us? Are you canceling the whole deal? Hey . . . This isn’t another joke is it? Because if so, it’s really NOT funny.”


“No. No, of course not. You guys have lived up to your contracts in every way,” Ted rushed to reassure them both. “We wouldn’t back out on you now. It’s just that . . . well, with just the two of you here now, and the lack of, shall we say variety, the contest has lost a lot of its competitiveness. I mean, with you two being a couple and all, and just the two of you fucking all day long . . . Not that there isn’t a sizeable contingent of people who would continue to pay JUST to watch you fucking all day. But I don’t see that either of you are going to drop out in the next two weeks, so there doesn’t seem to be any point in pretending that this is still a contest.”


“So, what ARE you saying, Ted,” Brian interrupted in order to cut to the chase.


“I’m saying that it looks to me like you two are going to split the prize money anyway, so let’s just call this thing now,” Ted answered, looking back and forth between the two of them to assess their responses.


“Wow . . . I mean . . . Wow! We won? . . . We WON?” Justin was speechless as the news finally sunk in. “Brian! WE WON!”


Brian had expected the kid to be up and jumping around and shrieking at the good news, but instead Justin was simply sitting there stunned, the same as him. Ted was beaming at them - happy for his friend and this young man whom he’d come to like so much. Ted had always suspected that Brian had the determination to stick it out and win this competition, although he’d thought the Big Stud might have had a lot more trouble mastering some of the challenges if he hadn’t had so much support from Justin and the others. Justin, though, was a complete dark horse. Nobody had expected the tenacity of this little twink - least of all Ted, who’d only really agreed to let him in the game because he’d felt sorry for the kid.


“Yep. It looks like you two will be splitting the prize. A half a million dollars each. Not bad pay for a summer’s work, wouldn’t you agree?” Ted grinned at the overwhelmed look on each of the boys’ faces as they contemplated that vast sum of money.


“I can’t believe it!” Justin’s voice was quietly awed. “I really CAN’T believe it. I went from being homeless and destitute three months ago and now I’m going to be fucking rich! I can go to art school, buy a car, buy a house . . . buy some clothes,” he laughed at that last one as he looked down at his body which had been clothing free for months now. “This is . . . well, it’s unbelievable. It’s like something you’d read in a story. This kind of shit doesn’t happen in real life. It’s . . . It’s incredible!”


Brian was grinning too, but his elation was tempered by thoughts of all the work he would have to put in to turn this money into what he really wanted, his own agency - It was nice to know that he would no longer have to worry about Marty Ryder’s ridiculous expectations or someone trying to buy out the agency who would summarily fire him. But there was still going to be a LOT to do once he got out of here. He was going to have to pull a lot of loose ends together to make this agency work out - and if he brought in Cynthia and a couple of others he’d had his eye on as potential employees there would suddenly be others counting on him for their livelihood - meaning that if he didn’t come through, they would lose as well. But he was Brian ‘Fucking’ Kinney, and if he set his mind to it, he would get it done.


“I’m glad for both of you,” Ted added as he started to stand up and prepared to leave. “So, I’ll be back tomorrow morning with all the paperwork we need to finalize to get you two your winnings. And then you guys can finally put on some clothes again and get the fuck out of here! I bet that will seem strange after traipsing around here in your all-together all summer. Anyway, see you in the morning, guys!”


“I HAVE to go text Daphne right away. She’s going to be so fucking excited. I’m actually glad I’ll be doing this over the internet rather than in person since I’m almost sure she’s going to scream so loudly that I would have lost my hearing if we were in the same room,” Justin was already halfway across the room and still jabbering as he danced away.


Brian watched his Sunshine as the boy ran off, eager to share his good news with his fag hag. Brian was too stunned, himself, to do anything other than sit and gape. The news that he had won the competition was great and welcome and all that but then Ted added in that little tidbit about them leaving in the morning . . . That REALLY threw him.


After just sitting there stunned and dumbfounded, Brian finally came to himself enough to get up and walk over to the window in the Greatroom. He stood there just staring out at the blackness of the night for a long time. His stomach felt like it was turned inside out, and his pulse was pounding strangely - so strongly that he could feel it just like the rhythm pulsing through him when he was standing inside Babylon. Only this was not nearly as pleasant a sensation.


Brian was not usually a contemplative man. He didn’t spend time anticipating what the future might hold - except maybe for his dread of growing old and outgrowing his nickname, ‘The Stud of Liberty Avenue’. There was nothing worse than an overaged club boy, past his prime and no longer worthy of being the center of attention he once was and he’d vaguely feared that eventuality coming to pass. But even that didn’t ordinarily occupy much of his thoughts since he always assumed that, with his lifestyle, he was unlikely to live long enough for that to happen.


And, really, Brian would generally prefer NOT to think about things that disturbed him. He was very good at compartmentalizing his life and his thoughts. He actively avoided thinking about anything that he felt he couldn’t do anything about or that he knew would cause him unwanted stress that he couldn’t escape. That was the only thing that had gotten him through his horrible childhood - it was a strategy that worked for him then and he’d stuck with it as an adult.


But that was exactly why Ted’s little announcement a minute ago had thrown him so badly. Brian had, of course, known that the Summer of Sin would be ending soon. He’d known that he would eventually be going back to his real life. He’d known that this idyll of fun and sex and responsibility-free living would have to end. But he’d studiously avoided thinking about just exactly what that would mean. Until now. Until Ted told him, out of the blue, that the end of the Summer was going to be happening for him tomorrow morning and not at some relatively distant point a couple weeks away.


Now, though, he didn’t have a choice. He HAD to think about it. And there were so many thoughts and feelings brewing within him at the same time that he couldn’t even figure out where to start.


This summer had changed him in ways he was only now beginning to recognize, and he wasn’t sure what to do with the chaos that was causing in his brain. Or in his heart. Which was disconcerting because he couldn't ever remember his heart having a say in any of his plans before. Of course, he’d never been subjected to the complications of this love thing that the little blond boy toy had lobbed at him this summer. But starting tomorrow everything was suddenly going to be different and it wasn’t just that he’d have to take up the mantle of work responsibilities. Going back out into the real world again would mean dealing with all the emotional upheaval this summer had engendered.


And the thoughts of what he’d have to do to get his own agency going were not nearly as daunting for Brian Kinney as the thought of having to face his feelings.


One thing he was going to have to face up to right away - although it might not seem like that big a deal to anyone else other than Brian - was his family. Not the magnificent bloodline he came from - no, his parents and his sister had let him know a long time ago that they expected him to disappoint them. Their opinions had long since stopped mattering to him. Debbie and Vic though, had been like a lifeline for him, and even though they had a way of overlooking all he did for them and blaming him any time he didn’t fulfill their needs the way they’d hoped, for some reason he still cared what they thought. Would they be able to accept that he was growing up and that this summer had changed him in ways that he didn’t want to give up? Because Brian couldn’t bear to give up the safety net that these two provided him, but he couldn’t and wouldn’t go backwards either.


Thinking of his pseudo mother, Debbie, brought to mind Lindsey and his biological son, Gus. The son Brian loved more than he ever thought was possible - and before Justin had turned up -  the only person on the planet Brian would admit to having that feeling for. But Brian’s relationship with Lindsey was even more complicated than that with Debbie. Lindz was his surrogate sister, one-time lover and some-times beard. She was the only person who Brian even attempted to discuss emotional shit with, although that part of their relationship had been severely curtailed since Melanie’s advent. Now that Gus was in the picture too, Brian wasn’t sure how to relate to Lindsey anymore.


Things had gotten so complicated between them after Gus was born. Now they were ‘parents’ and had to act and think about this new life that relied completely on them for everything. Unfortunately, Brian, Lindsey, and Mel didn’t always agree on what was right for their collective child. And Brian trying to do what he thought was right for his son had caused more than a little conflict with the Munchers. None of that mattered, though. Brian would do what he thought needed to be done - he’d do anything, actually - to protect his son and give him a chance at the happy childhood that Gus’ daddy had only ever seen on television sitcoms.


But apparently Lindsay and Mel didn’t really understand that about Brian or they would never have threatened to keep Gus away from him because of this contest. And, after that fiasco, Brian had been left feeling that they thought of him as somehow less of a parent than they were. Less responsible. Less credible. If it hadn’t been for Justin, with Daphne’s help, nipping that problem in the bud, Brian would probably still be arguing the issue with them. Of course, that wouldn’t stop them from hitting him up for money for the kid every time they wanted some new-fangled snot rag or diaper pump for the kid. Because, in the end, what was Brian really other than the financial support and sperm donor. Despite all her protestations to the contrary, it seemed like not even Lindsey trusted Brian to be a parent to his own kid. So much for that part of Brian’s family.


And speaking of family, what about Michael, whom he’d always seen as a brother? They had been friends almost as long as Brian could remember and that friendship honestly meant the world to him. Michael, though, had spent most of their lives living vicariously through Brian. Michael had - consciously or unconsciously - egged Brian on, enjoying the wild and hedonistic qualities of Brian’s life while at the same time remaining safely in his comfy little uneventful world. What if Michael couldn’t find a way to accept Brian as he was now? After what Brian had seen from Michael so far this summer, it was doubtful that the man-boy was ready for all the changes that Brian had been experiencing - and Mikey didn't even know the half of it, really. What if Brian refused to play Mikey’s little games anymore - Brian would no longer be the superhero that Mikey needed him to be. Would they remain as close as they once were? What if Michael couldn’t or wouldn’t grow up along with Brian? Would what Brian wanted and needed ever be more important to Mikey than his own self-centered, coddled, only-child agenda? Did Mikey even care anymore about what was best for BRIAN, or had he already bought into his own hype about the legendary Stud so deeply that he could no longer see the real person behind the image he had of his friend?


It was that very thought that stopped Brian cold, though, and brought his musings back full circle. He realized, at that moment, that there was one only person who had always - ALWAYS - had Brian’s best interests at heart. Justin. That was what had made the difference this summer. That was the thing that warmed his heart and melted those hardened places inside of him. Justin loved him. HIM. Not who Justin thought Brian SHOULD be or who he WANTED Brian to be. He didn't love him for what he could get from him. The kid loved him for what he WAS and wanted only what was best for that Brian.


Justin had no agenda where Brian was concerned. He hadn't come into this expecting anything. Not anything other than just to love the man before him - warts and all. The kid hadn't even known who Brian was at the start of the summer. Justin had been so fresh to the Pittsburgh gay scene he hadn't had time to hear of Brian's reputation or pre-judge him. He simply took Brian at face value and embraced him as he was. He wasn't put off by Brian's idiosyncrasies. He seemed unfazed by Brian’s oftentimes mercurial moods. No one had ever been able to keep up with him sexually the way this little twink could - hell, some days he might even have him beat.


And, what was even more amazing in Brian’s eyes, the younger man hadn’t even blinked when Brian had revealed to him some of the horrors of his past - including the reasons why Brian had been so frightened of bottoming. Brian hadn’t trusted anyone else with that information, ever. But Justin didn’t care that he was damaged or frightened or flawed or pitiable - he simply accepted Brian’s gift of trust and then smoothly helped Brian work through the problem without any fanfare or even an expectation of thanks. And, again, it was only because Justin wanted to help Brian and not because he needed anything from Brian. In fact, the kid would have been better off letting Brian stew and fret over the bottoming thing, which would most likely have led to Brian dropping out of the contest altogether. But Justin hadn’t cared that it wasn’t in his OWN best interest to help the competition. He’d helped Brian because it was best for Brian.


And because of that love thing.


It struck Brian that the flip flopping within his gut had more to do with that blond-haired ball of fire than any of these other things he’d been mulling over. Ted’s announcement that they’d be leaving the Residence TOMORROW had hit Brian like a ton of bricks. No way was Brian ready to leave here. To leave Justin.


How the FUCK could he LEAVE Justin?


Yes, he’d promised Malik - and himself - that he wasn’t going to just throw the kid to the curb. But he’d never gotten around to thinking about exactly how this thing with Justin WAS going to work either. Brian knew he wanted them to be together. More than anything. After three months together, day in and day out, he couldn’t imagine NOT having Justin in his life. He couldn’t imagine his days without Justin by his side or his nights without Justin underneath him - and on top of him too, occasionally, if he was being honest. How could he function without Justin being the first and last thing that he saw every day? It was inconceivable. Yet, here he was, with this terrible ache in his chest, wondering how he was going to walk out that door tomorrow, and move forward, once again alone. It just felt like an impossibility that Brian wasn’t even prepared to think about.


But then, what did that mean? What did that leave? Brian was so completely out of his depth here in relationship-land. The blackness outside the window of the Residence matched the emptiness Brian was feeling inside him. He felt lost. He was struggling but he didn’t know what he was fighting against. There was this weight on his chest that made it difficult to breathe when Brian tried to even contemplate leaving here and Justin.


Well, fine. Brian wasn’t one for deep introspection but this was being forced on him without any notice. He didn’t have any choice. And he didn’t have time to deliberate, ruminate or brood over it. By his estimation, Brian had less than twelve hours to figure out the entire course of the rest of his life.


Brian wasn’t normally a gambler. Brian was a take charge kind of guy. He was a planner who meticulously organized his life and set things up so that everything would play out the way he wanted them to. He liked sure things. He liked knowing and organizing. He didn’t like uncertainty in any form. But this was one time that Brian Kinney didn’t have the luxury of that kind of detailed, cool-headed strategizing. Fuck everything! He needed to do something immediately before he lost out on the only chance he’d ever have for that love thing . . .


Shaking his head to rid it of the heavy bonds of lethargy that were threatening and to clear out his confusion, Brian squared his shoulders and turned around to face the Greatroom and his future. He could do this. He could and would get his needs met. And those needs included one way-too-young, blond-haired, blue-eyed twink with too many opinions for his own good and far too many emotions for Brian’s liking. He was scared shitless by the very prospect, but that didn’t matter. Brian needed Sunshine in his life. He needed to know where they stood. Would they keep in touch, be fuck-buddies, friends with benefits? None of that would be enough, Brian knew, but if that’s all the boy would offer he didn’t think he could say no.


He wouldn’t know until he talked to him. He really needed to find his Sunshine, touch him, hold him, and ask him. And then steel his heart for whatever the answer would be. After that he would make love to him, truly make love to him, and if it was going to be the last time, he would make it count. He would let his body say all the things he had no words to speak, and hope that maybe, just maybe, Justin would hear him.

 

sun-animated-gif-source_qz7.gifSOS - Beach Ball.GIFsun-animated-gif-source_qz7.gif

Chapter End Notes:

10/10/15 - Don't panic - even though the title of the chapter is 'The End', there's at least two more chapters (I got carried away with the sex scenes again, so you win by getting an extra bonus chapter here). But even though it's the End of the Contest . . . It's just the beginning of Brian and Justin.

 

Info on Steroid abuse, risks and symptoms are from the National Institute on Drug Abuse. http://www.drugabuse.gov Medical information about aneurysms and Infectious Bacterial Endocarditis came from mostly from WebMD along with some of my old biology text books.

 

 

Extra special thanks go out to Charleen who helped write large swathes of this chapter and who didn't even give me shit when I ruthlessly hacked up and moved around her scenes. It all came together like a puzzle and ended up being fabulous, though, so the process must have worked. Thanks also to the usual crew of online helpers, editors and lurkers! We're almost done! TAG