- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Justin's always been a determined little cuss. You would think that Brian would have figured that out by now? Well, if he hasn't he will soon. Stalker Justin is on the case! This chapter should please all the Daphne fans out there. Enjoy! TAG

 

P.S. I KNOW you want more sex. Don't worry, we'll get to it. . . .

Chapter 12 - Serious Stalking.


Brian had always had impeccable 'Parking Karma'. No matter where he drove, there was always the perfect parking spot that would just open up as soon as he arrived. Usually it was the spot closest to whatever building he was going to visit. When it was hot out, the spot he got would always be shaded by a conveniently placed tree. In the winter, his space would be the one that had just been cleared of snow. It was uncanny. But, for once Justin didn't question Brian's luck since he was starving and he didn't think he could walk more than a few steps before he'd collapse. So, when the parking space right in front of the Diner's door opened up as soon as Brian neared, Justin simply cheered.


Before he turned off the ignition, though, Brian turned to Justin with a commanding glance and ordered, "You will not say one fucking word about this. Not to anyone. Got it?"


"I swear!" Justin promised, holding up his right hand as if he was truly swearing a formal oath.


Brian didn't make any further comment. He just jumped out of the Jeep and headed into the Diner with his usual casual swagger. Justin staggered along behind him, almost dead on his feet after all the excitement of the day.


It was after the usual dinner crowd was finished and still too early for the club crowd, which meant the two boys had no trouble securing their favorite booth. Even luckier, it didn't look like Deb was working tonight. Both men breathed secret sighs of relief - it was a real break not to have to cope with Debbie after everything else. Kiki took their order without fuss and then the pair was left alone.


This meant that they no longer had any excuse not to talk about their predicament.


Brian, as was his way, was never one to initiate any type of serious discussion. He just sat there, looking at Justin, mentally preparing himself for 'The Talk' that he knew he couldn't avoid. Therefore, the floor was left open for Justin. The only problem was that Justin was still reeling and had no idea where to start.


"So, um, I don't really have that much stuff," the intrepid blond launched into what he thought was the meat of matter. "I'm sure Daphne can help me move it all tomorrow."


"Where are you planning to move?" Brian asked without any pretension at all.


"The loft?"


"Who said you're moving into the loft?"


"I thought . . . you'll need help and I should be there, because . . . " Justin fumbled.


"No fucking way! You're not moving into the loft. We already tried that, remember. It was a disaster. No need to repeat that mistake," Brian was adamant.


"But, you need someone . . . If you get sick. And, to make sure you're eating, and . . ."


"Whoa! I've been dressing and feeding myself just fine since I was about five, Justin. I don't need a babysitter," Brian complained.


"I know. It's just . . . I want to be there to help," Justin pleaded.


"I'm not dying or anything, Sunshine. Several million women survive this particular affliction every year. I'm sure, now that I know exactly what the fuck is wrong, I'll be able to handle everything just fine. No problemo!" It looked like imperturbable Brian was back.


"Well, then, what can I do?" Justin asked innocently.


"YOU don't have to do shit! I've got this," Brian insisted.


Justin was shaking his head. "I don't think that's how this works, Brian. I've got a right to . . ."


Justin broke off at a warning signal from Brian. Kiki was approaching with their food. They both sat quietly while the plates were served and then thanked the waitress politely, holding back on their discussion until they once again had some privacy. As soon as the coast was clear, though, Justin resumed asserting his rights.


"I WANT to be a part of this, Brian," Justin hissed in a loud whisper. "It's my baby, too!"


"Justin! Shut the fuck up!" Brian hissed right back. "We are not having this discussion HERE! Someone could be listening."


"Fine. I'll shut up for now. But I'm not backing down on this, Brian. No fucking way! I'm GOING to be involved and there's no way you're going to keep me out."


There wasn't much conversation between the two after that. As far as Brian was concerned, the discussion was over. Justin knew better than to just sit around arguing fruitlessly. He figured he'd take a tip from Brian’s own playbook and let his actions speak for him.


After they finished their meal - Brian had a very healthy appetite back and managed to clean his plate AND keep it all down - Brian drove straight to Deb's and practically threw Justin out. He assured the concerned boy that he was going directly to the loft and had no plans other than sleeping for the next twelve hours. He promised three times that he would call Justin immediately if he needed anything, although he also repeatedly told him that it wasn't likely and he could take care of himself. Justin reluctantly left the Jeep and trudged up the stairs into Deb's warm house.


Inside, he found Debbie, Michael and Vic ranged around the kitchen table playing cards, drinking beer and trading barbs, just like every Saturday evening.


"Sunshine!" Debbie enthused as soon as the boy poked his nose through the front door. "Come over here and join us in a hand of Canasta."


Justin scrunched up his nose and shook his head at the idea. "I think I'll take a rain check, Deb. I've got something I need to work on." The kindly matron waved him off good naturedly. Justin pulled his sketchbook out, using it as camouflage while he nestled on the couch and thought up a plan to deal with Brian.


In the background, Michael was again grousing about Brian. "I went by Brian's loft twice this afternoon, Ma, but he wasn't home. The loft is a fucking mess though. I left him like five messages, too, but he still hasn't called me back. I'm really worried about him this time."


"Didn't Brian warn you not to be using that spare key indiscriminately, Michael," Vic reprimanded his nephew. "What were you doing poking around in his loft again?"


"It might have been an emergency, Uncle Vic. I haven't talked to him since I found him puking his guts out yesterday afternoon. What if he'd, like, passed out and needed medical help or something?"


Vic just shook his head and clammed up. He knew it was a waste of breath to try to argue with Michael. He and Deb had probably spoiled the boy by being far too indulgent when he was a kid. It was too late to change things now, though.


"Michael, baby," Debbie voiced her opinion. "I really think you're over reacting here, Sweetie. Brian's a big boy. He can take care of himself. And, I admit he's been known to drink hard a time or two, but he's never been unable to control it when he wanted too."


"I don't care what you two say," Michael insisted again. "If I have to, I'll stake out his loft and wait till he finally turns up. At least then I'll know he's alive."


For once, Justin privately agreed that Michael had a good idea. Grabbing his messenger bag and sketch pad, Justin ran back to where all the coats were hung up next to the door. He quickly fished in Michael's jacket pocket and successfully extracted the man's key ring, adorned of course with a Captain Astro fob.


"I'm going out, Deb. I've got some errands to run," Justin hollered as he shoved the keys into his own pocket and dashed back outside.


One phone call and five minutes later, Justin watched happily as his best friend, Daphne, pulled up to the curb in front of the house. He wasted no time, jumping in before the girl had even pulled up the parking brake. He zapped her with a mischievous grin and signaled her to resume driving.


"So, what's this big mysterious project you need help with on a Saturday night, Jus?" Daphne couldn't contain her curiosity.


"I can't tell you." Justin stated bluntly. "I swore I wouldn't say a single word to anybody about what's happening . . However," the tricky boy added with raised eyebrows and a telling little tilt to his head, "if you were to somehow figure it out on your own, there's nothing I could do about it, right."


"Cool!" Daphne exclaimed enthusiastically. "I LOVE doing sneaky underhanded stuff! Where do you want to go first?"


"First, I need to stop by the hardware store and get a copy made of a key. Then - hopefully you remembered to bring your laptop - we need to do some research and I may need to borrow your debit card to order some books off the Internet. I promise I'll pay you back tomorrow when I pick up my tips at the Diner."


"What kind of books? You know that my mom sometimes looks at my bank statement and I don't need her thinking I've ordered a copy of 'The Joys of Gay Sex' or something."


*Pffftt* "It's nothing like that - although maybe I should pick up a copy of THAT book, too, while we're at it!" They both giggled at the fun suggestion. "It's just that the books I need are on sort of an obscure topic and I doubt I'd find what I need locally."


"What kind of obscure topic?" Daphne pushed.


"I can't SAY the words, Daph," Justin winked. "But I won't stop you if you try to look over my shoulder when I TYPE them into the search engine on the computer."


"Fine. Here's the laptop. But do the search now before you go get your keys made. I can't stand the suspense!" Daphne demanded, handing over the computer.


Justin quickly got onto the Internet and typed something then handed the laptop back to his curious friend. He waited with his lips tucked in, trying to contain his own excitement while she read the words. Daphne scanned the words he typed and broke out into a tiny squeal.


"MALE PREGNANCY! Justin? You're not . . . ?"


"Not me," the boy said, obviously just dying to let his friend in on the secret.


Daphne engaged her 'Charades' mode and started asking yes or no questions.


"Someone you know?" Justin nodded emphatically. "Intimately?" More exaggerated nodding while Justin bit at his lips. "Oh my god! It couldn't be . . . It couldn't be . . ." Again with the eager nods and a really huge smile from the boy next to her. "Brian?" Daphne mouthed the name, not daring to even voice the suspicion aloud. Justin simply kept nodding and smiling as they both squealed, and laughed and hugged and bounced ecstatically around in their seats.


"Shit, Justin. I can't believe this," Daphne said as soon as they'd both calmed enough to talk again. "What are you going to do?"

 

Justin held up Michael's spare loft key. "I'm going to stake out the loft. If Brian thought I was stalking him before . . . Well, let's just say he's got no clue what I'm capable of yet!"

Chapter End Notes:

 

8/28/13 - Some of the other writers out there may have also experienced the phenomena where a story kind of takes over your brain? That's what appears to have happened here. I literally CAN'T seem to stop writing. Sleeping, eating, working, finding an actual job, paying the water bill, have all become temporarily irrelevant. I guess I just have to keep writing . . . You lucky readers! Please, though, keep those reviews coming because they are the only thing sustaining me at this point. Please tell me you love me! Please! (Pathetic enough? - Hey, I only got four hours sleep last night!) TAG