- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

If this chapter were an ancient mariner's map, there'd be a caption that read, 'Thar Be Angst!'. Proceed with caution, folks. And try to enjoy! TAG

 

Chapter 25 - Nadir.

 

Kevan was just sitting there in the high chair looking around him at all the sights in this new place. There were soooo many big people things in this place, it was a little daunting. But The Daddy and The Papa were there and they didn’t seem upset, so Kevan decided to wait and see before he decided if he was going to get upset himself. In the meantime, there was a lot to watch and figure out.


All the big people things in this room were sitting around these large round flat things. There were a lot of them too. And on top of the flat surfaces there were so many interesting things to look at. In the middle of the round part nearest Kevan, there was even a strange red thing that had a bright white spot at the top of it - only the white spot seemed to move and glow brighter sometimes. It was fascinating. Kevan could have looked at the glowy thing for hours . . . or at least until he got hungry, which happened after only a few minutes, although Kevan still didn’t really get linear time yet so it could have been hours for all he knew.


As soon as Kevan started to lose his focus on the glowy thing, and even before he’d resolved himself to begin making the mouth sounds that would tell his people things that it was time to make his tummy warm and full again, The Papa was there with a bottle.


Now, Kevan thought of himself as a fairly easy-going baby and he tried to be understanding about the shortcomings of his people things as he patiently trained them to see to his needs the way he preferred, however he thought he’d already been over this particular issue enough times that they should have figured it out. It was starting to get a bit annoying that they just weren’t paying attention. When were they going to learn?


Kevan threw the bottle away from him and turned towards The Daddy with an insistent *Gah!*.


The Papa picked the bottle up and tried to shove it back into Kevan’s face. Kevan poked his tongue out so that The Papa couldn’t get the rubbery little sucking part into his mouth the right way. But the Papa was persistent and kept shoving and shoving until he managed to get around Kevan’s tongue and insert the bottle again. Kevan grabbed hold of the bottle with both hands this time and threw it as hard as he could, managing to get it to roll all the way off the top of the big round thing.


“Kevan! Blah, blah, blah . . .” The Papa had his ‘serious’ voice on now.


Kevan turned one last time to The Daddy and made a couple of extra-plaintive ‘Gah!’ noises - trying his best to communicate the fact that he would really prefer that The Daddy hold him and let him drink the nice warm stuff that came with The Daddy instead of the cold stuff that came out of the bottle with the rubbery sucking part. However The Daddy seemed much too busy putting stuff in his own mouth and making mouth sounds with that other stranger person thing to even notice Kevan’s predicament.


Kevan hated it when he was ignored.


However, just as he had decided to make his displeasure with the unpalatable bottle and The Daddy’s lack of attention known, the whole world around Kevan went totally and utterly black!


It was so shocking and unprecedented that Kevan didn’t know what to do. He was too shocked to even remember how to cry. It was like, one minute he was looking around him, whimpering a little because he was hungry, and then the next minute the rest of the world just DISAPPEARED!


Before Kevan could get too worried about this situation, though, another miracle occurred and the world reappeared.


He looked around him and it all looked just like it had been a few moments before. There were all the many people things sitting around their various large round things and all of them putting stuff in their mouths and talking about things. The glowy thing in the center of the closest big round thing was still glowing. The Daddy and The Papa were sitting in the same seats. Things appeared just like they always did . . .


‘Boy that was weird,’ Kevan thought with a hint of relief that whatever had happened was now over.


And then it happened AGAIN! The whole world went black. Kevan couldn’t see anything. Maybe he had disappeared too? This was getting serious.


When the world reappeared again a moment later, Kevan noticed that the woman person thing who was sitting on the other side of him from where The Papa was, was right up in his face. She was also making strange new mouth sounds at him. It sounded sort of like, ‘peeeeeeeee kabbbbboooooo’. Of course, Kevan had no idea what that meant and he was inclined to just ignore this new woman person because he had so many other things to worry about right at that moment.


And then it happened yet AGAIN! Only this time, when the world went black, Kevan noticed that the woman person had grabbed both his hands and was moving around funny right before the blackout. He decided to wait and see what would happen . . . And when the world reappeared once more and the woman person again said ‘peeeeeeeee kabbbbboooooo’, Kevan finally understood everything.


This woman person was magic! She could make the world disappear at will. Wow! That was a really neat trick.


And that was how Kevan learned about magic women things and that you couldn’t even trust your own eyes these days.

 

Baby Feet Red.gif

 

“Just fucking kill me now,” Justin mumbled into his second Campari & Soda as Mrs. PittSteel kept chattering away next to him, thankfully not noticing that her audience’s attention was drifting.

 

When had he turned into ‘The Little Woman’, Justin wondered? Shit, this was like one of his worst nightmares from his youth. He was back in the same Country Club he’d hated with a passion for all those years, only this time he’d somehow been relegated to the role of Country Club Wife - expected to make polite, socially acceptable small talk and mind the children while the ‘Men’ discussed business. It was Justin’s idea of hell.

 

“I’m just so thrilled to meet you and Brian,” Mrs. PittSteel was repeating for about the eighth time already this evening. “And this little cutie - he’s just too adorable for words. I can’t believe how sweet he’s being. My children were always just horrible when we tried to bring them anywhere. But this little guy has perfect manners. Doesn’t he?” she cooed over Kevan, kissing both of his chubby little fists and then covering his eyes with his hands briefly before pulling them both back and squealing ‘peek-a-boo’ four or five times in a row.

 

“I’m actually as surprised as you are that he’s being so good,” Justin replied, shaking his head at the sight of Kevan who was now giggling and actually batting his eyes at Mrs. PittSteel as if he was flirting with her. “We haven’t taken him out to anyplace this fancy before, so I was really a little nervous. Of course, he’s used to going with us to the Liberty Diner. We eat there quite often, but it’s very casual. This is Kevan’s first time at such an upscale restaurant.”

 

“Well, then he must just be a naturally good natured baby,” Mrs. PittSteel asserted with another Granny-ish grin at her new favorite baby. “Or maybe it’s just that you and Brian are such good parents. You’re both so calm. I can’t believe how well you two seem to manage. I know that I was a complete wreck with my first child. I’m sure I’ll be a MUCH better grandmother than I was as a mother, you know. I can’t wait until my children finally get around to giving me grandkids. They just don’t seem interested in settling down yet, but I keep working on them anyway. *Hahaha*”

 

*Hahaha* Justin laughed politely, all the while hoping that a meteor would zing down out of the sky and take out Mrs. PittSteel’s chair so that he could finally run away screaming like he’d wanted to from the moment they’d walked into the Club.

 

“These look great, Brian!” across the table from where Justin was seated, Mr. PittSteel was gushing over the boards that Brian had brought. “I never thought anyone could make a steel girder look sexy, but you’ve somehow done it! This is so fresh and enthusiastic. I’m sure the board is going to love it.”

 

“Thanks, Clint. I think this concept will definitely take your image into the 21st Century,” Brian schmoozed back with his usual confident business mask on.

 

“Hmmmm. Maybe orange instead . . .” Justin uttered in a quiet voice which rang out louder than it should have due to a momentary lull in the conversation around him.

 

“What was that young man?” Mr. PittSteel asked, directing his attention towards Justin for the first time since they’d been seated.

 

“Oh, it’s nothing . . .” Justin replied, catching the warning look in Brian’s eye and immediately redirecting his attention back to his plate like the good ‘Little Woman’ he was supposed to be for this evening.

 

“No. No. Speak up, please,” Mr. PittSteel insisted. “You are an artist, right? I myself have no eye whatsoever for color, as my wife reminds me every time we redecorate the house. So, if you’ve got any suggestions, I’d love to hear them.”

 

“Well, it’s not really a big thing . . . I was just thinking that the font might look better in orange. Everyone at art school has been telling me that Orange is the new Blue - it’s hot and spicy and energetic. It would liven up the whole image.” Justin tapered off with his explanation when he noticed that Brian was frowning at him over Mr. PittSteel’s shoulder. “But, that’s just a suggestion. The ads look great just as they are too.”

 

“Hmmmm. Orange, huh? Actually, I think that’s an excellent idea!” Mr. PittSteel nodded, looking back and forth between the boards laid out on the table and a Justin who was now trying to surreptitiously sink under the tablecloth. “Excellent idea! Really excellent! You’ve got quite the eye there, young man!”

 

“That he does,” Brian added, smiling his ‘calm businessman’ smile at Mr. PittSteel while still darting dark angry flashes Justin’s direction. “Justin actually does a bit of contract artwork for the agency when he isn’t busy at school. Ryder’s . . . er, VanGuard . . . is lucky to have him.”

 

“I’d say so! But it doesn’t surprise me in the least that he’s so talented. You’re both such creative people, and it just makes sense you’d end up together.” Mrs. PittSteel gushed again, laying her hand on Justin’s arm and actually petting it just a bit in her enthusiasm. “I’ll just bet your little guy here will turn out to be just as creative as his fathers.”

 

Luckily for Justin - who really, really wanted this conversation to end before Brian completely blew a gasket - he didn’t have to respond. Nope. Because just then an even more horrifying conversation started.

 

“What the HELL are you doing here, Justin?” they were interrupted by a very loud, almost savage snarl.

 

“What?” Justin twisted around in his seat and looked up to find Craig Taylor hovering over him.

 

“Damn it! It wasn’t bad enough that you broke up our family and ruined my marriage, then proceeded to flaunt your perverted pansy ass all over the national media, but now you have to come here and embarrass me in my own club? I thought that I told you I never wanted to see you again! Get the fuck out of here right now before I have your ass thrown out!” Craig slurred drunkenly, pointing imperiously towards the door, his face red with anger and a little dribble of spittle even flecking the corner of his mouth, he was so angry.

 

Brian was already on his feet, shouldering in between the irate older man and Justin, who was still seated trying to shield Kevan. “Back off, Craig.” Brian warned, his voice just as menacing.

 

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the Little Woman! You know, I never would have pegged you for the wifely type, Kinney. Guess I was wrong, huh?” Craig turned his hatred towards this new target. “But shouldn’t you be home minding your mutant spawn, Kinney? Although, considering who he’s got for parents, you might as well just throw in the towel now - he’s bound to be an even bigger fairy than the two of you. If you want him to learn how to be a real man, you’re going to have to hire him some tutors.” *Hahaha* Craig laughed nastily and glared at the baby still sitting in his highchair, not seeming to care when the infant began to whimper a little due to the yelling and the growing feeling of hostility in the air.

 

Justin put his arms around his son, trying to comfort and protect the baby as best he could, and in the process drawing Craig’s attention back to himself. “You know, Justin, I guess I have to thank you for one thing - at least you’re not the biggest fucking fairy in the universe. I mean, I can’t believe YOU weren’t the one who got knocked up. Good to know that at the very least you turned out to be the man in this fucked up farce of a relationship.”

 

Justin could feel the waves of fury radiating off Brian’s shaking frame as a result of his father’s words. He quickly stood up and snaked one arm around Brian’s chest from behind, holding the man back before he could go after Craig physically. All they needed was for Brian to take a swing at the man and get them all kicked out of the club. As it was, it looked like their quiet business dinner had been blown to hell. So much for bagging this account and impressing Gardner Vance so that Brian could save his job.

 

“Yeah, well at least there’s ONE man in your family, Craig, ‘cause it sure as fuck isn’t you!” Brian hissed back at the malevolent interloper. “If anyone’s an embarrassment around here it’s a small-minded, homophobic, closet-case like yourself.”

 

“Why you . . .” Craig lunged at Brian, reaching up with both hands to grab at the lapels of Brian’s suit jacket.

 

“Take your filthy hands off me or you'll be pulling back nothing but stubbs,” Brian snarled, his voice low and dangerous.

 

“Hah! Like some little pussy-assed bitch like you would have the balls to stand up to anyone,” Craig taunted, spit flying into Brian’s face with every malicious word that he threw at the man he blamed for ‘stealing’ his son. “Of course you could always try, and if you can’t hack it, maybe my fairy son will step in and help you out.”

 

“Fuck you, Craig,” Brian growled back.

 

“Hey, you’re the one who likes to get fucked up the ass, not me,” Craig shot back nastily, gloating over how successfully he was getting to Brian now.

 

That last remark seemingly pushed Brian over the edge. He charged forward, completely disregarding Justin’s restraining arms, butting his chest into Craig’s so hard that he easily knocked the fifty-ish, not-at-all-in-shape and half-drunk Craig onto his holier-than-thou ass.

 

There ensued a huge roar of noise and action. Craig was helped up by a buddy and then the both of them came at Brian together, yelling obscenities as they came. Meanwhile, both Justin and Mr. PittSteel were trying their best to push Brian back away from the scene of the confrontation. Despite everyone’s attempted intervention, both Craig and Brian got in a few good punches. A minute or two later, two of the club’s security staff came running into the dining room, flexing their muscles and quickly quelling the melee.

 

“I want this dirty faggot arrested for assualt. Somebody call the cops right now,” Craig insisted, holding his hand up to tenderly probe at the bruise spreading across his left cheekbone. “And I want the rest of this low-life scum,” Craig gestured to the rest of the table where his son and Brian had been sitting, “thrown out of here and banned for life!”

 

“Excuse me?” an incredulous Mrs. PittSteel demanded, stepping forward so that she was at the forefront of the little group. “If ANYONE is going to get thrown out and banned it’ll be you, you cretinous bully!” The rubicund older woman exclaimed, moving around the security guards until she was standing with her nose just inches away from Craig Taylor’s chest, her short stature doing nothing to detract from her air of authority.

 

“Riiiiiight! I don’t know who you think you are, Lady, but I’ll have you know that I’ve been a member in good standing at this club for over twenty-five years. And if I say I don’t want scum like this,” Craig pointed emphatically to Brian,” in MY club, then the club administration better damn well listen! And if you, madam, are going to associate with this kind of trash then you deserve to be thrown out on your ass too!”

 

“Is that so?” Mrs. PittSteel’s hands were propped up on her hips and her mouth had been drawn into a furious line of white fiery determination. Mr. PittSteel quickly moved around the table and reached out a hand towards his wife’s shoulder as if to hold her back, but the gesture was futile. “Well, I’ll have YOU know, you foul-mouthed bully, that I’ve been a member of this club since before I was born. And so was my father and his father before him. In fact, my Great-Grandfather was one of the founders of this club AND my family donated the land the club is built on. Which makes ME the kind of person that actually BELONGS here, and YOU the nouveau riche TRASH that’s about to be thrown out and banned for life.” Mrs. PittSteel crowed with righteous fury, advancing on the taller Craig another step with every few words until the big bully was backed up all the way to the wall.

 

“And let me tell you one more thing, you brainless bigot,” Mrs. PittSteel pressed her advantage, poking a PittSteely forefinger into Craig’s belly to punctuate every sentence. “These two young men are some of the smartest, most talented and most courageous men I’ve ever met. How DARE you talk about them in such a rude and derogatory manner. You’re not fit to lick the dirt off either of their boots. And if it’s true that Justin is really your son, you should feel honored to have such a wonderful person as your child, not to mention such an adorable grandchild. I have nothing but contempt for ANYONE who would treat their own family as horribly as you’ve done today.”

 

Before Craig could reply, Mr. PittSteel waved the two security guards over towards the cornered man. They each grabbed one of Craig’s arms and started to physically drag the sputtering man towards the exit with Mrs. PittSteel following along behind as she continued to berate the man who’d dared to interrupt her dinner. Brian, Justin and Mr. PittSteel, as well as the entire rest of the club, watched the scene with a combination of horror and humor - humor eventually winning out as the diminutive pitt bull continued to harass her retreating prey, threatening to blackball him from every social venue in the state as well as ruin his business for daring to offend her dinner guests.

 

Even after Mrs. PittSteel had finally been convinced to return to her seat at the dinner table, she couldn’t stop herself from going on and on about the ‘stupid lout’ that had somehow infiltrated HER club. “I can not believe that someone like that was allowed into this club. I’m going to have a word with the membership committee first thing tomorrow morning. We definitely need to review the membership criteria if someone like that is allowed to join. Sorry, Justin,” she finally realized the implications of her rant about Craig. “I know he’s your father, but that was just unacceptable behavior.”

 

“You don’t have to apologize to me,” Justin insisted immediately. “He disowned me as soon as I came out to him and then proceeded to kick me out of the house. If it hadn’t been for Brian, I probably would have ended up homeless. So, please, feel free to insult Craig all you want. In fact, I might join you.”

 

“I’m going to do more than just insult him. Just wait until I really get started - that man won’t know what hit him,” Mrs. PittSteel reaffirmed. “I just can’t believe anyone would say those things about his own son. And the way he was talking about our sweet little Kevan,” Mrs. PittSteel turned so that she could pet and coo over the baby once again, “well, that’s just not right. Not right at all. I’m just sorry that this sweet little baby had to even witness such hatefulness.”

 

“Thank you for having Craig removed from the club, Mrs. MacGregor,” Brian added in his note of gratitude. “I apologize for contributing to such an unpleasant scene, but I just couldn’t stand there and listen to any more of his shit. Especially once he started in on Justin and Kevan. However, If I’d known that you were going to step in and take care of things so efficiently, I would have probably held off on slugging him and not risked my manicure,” Brian teased, trying to lighten the mood and hopefully redeem his character.

 

“Don’t think a thing of it, Brian, dear. I would have done the same thing if I was just a little bit taller,” Mrs. PittSteel grinned over at him. “I wouldn’t stand for anyone talking like that about my husband or children either. We ‘mothers’ simply have to defend our families. It’s only natural - instinctual, you know . . .”

 

Mrs. PittSteel rambled on and on about Craig’s behavior. Meanwhile, Justin smiled, nodded and silently hoped that nobody else noticed the angry flicker in Brian’s eyes at being lumped in with the rest of the ‘mothers’ of the world. Brian had almost immediately put his urbane businessman mask back on, so maybe, Justin hoped, it would all be okay. Maybe Brian would just let that little slip in the conversation slide.

 

And maybe flying pigs would dive bomb their car on the drive home so that Justin wouldn’t have to deal with the fallout from this nightmare of a dinner.

 

Baby Feet Orange.gif

 

They were halfway home before Justin worked up enough courage to initiate a conversation.

 

“So, it sounds like you've definitely got the account,” Justin opined cautiously. “I know you still have to pitch it to the Board of Directors tomorrow morning, but you've already sold Mr. PittSteel and he seemed confident he could push it through with the board. I mean, he wouldn't have agreed to moving the pitch forward at the last minute like this if he wasn't excited about your ideas. Right? Which means that Vance will have to keep you.”

 

“We’ll see,” was Brian's noncommittal answer.

 

“Come on, you know Clint can't say no to you - not after the way you won over his wife. It's pretty clear who wears the big boy pants in that family . . . and it certainly isn't Mr. PittSteel. Once you got Elsie on your side, it was a done deal.”

 

“Yeah. Well, of course she and I bonded. Because we're both ‘mothers’, right? It's only natural that we would have so much in common since I'm just one of the girls now,” Brian snarled angrily, causing Justin to cringe.

 

“You know she didn't mean anything by that, Brian. It was just a silly slip. An unfortunate turn of phrase . . .”

 

“Oh, and it's supposed to make me feel better that she didn't MEAN to question my manhood?” Brian practically screamed. “Well, then, how come she's not the only one, huh? Because I'm pretty sure Craig MEANT what he was saying.”

 

“Brian, you're not going to fucking listen to an idiot like Craig . . .” Justin started to say, but was cut off when Brian braked sharply and pulled the car over to the right side of the street.

 

“Get out.”

 

“What? You're throwing me out of the car?” Justin questioned. “I know my father’s an ass but that doesn't mean you get to take out your frustrations on me by throwing me out on the side of some random highway.”

 

Brian sighed and shook his head. “We're home already, Sunshine. Take Kevan and get out.”

 

“Brian . . .” Justin started to argue, not wanting to let his partner go off alone in the mood he was in.

 

“I said, get out.”

 

“Don't go, Brian. Please. Not like this . . .” Justin was willing to plead if it meant he'd be able to stave off Brian's escape attempt. When it didn't look like the glowering man was likely to give in just because of a little pleading, though, Justin decided to try adding a dash of guilt. “Can't you just come in, nurse Kevan and help me get him settled for the night.”

 

“No. I can't. Now get out.” Brian's tone was chilly and distant.

 

Justin realized this probably wasn't the time to press him, but he still worried about what Brian was planning - he seemed more than a little desperate. “Fine, but at least tell me where you're heading?”

 

“Out. And you're not invited, so get the hell out of my car,” Brian ordered again, leaving no doubt he was serious.

 

Justin knew it was useless to try and argue. Brian was too far gone to listen right then. Not that that fact made the boy feel any better. This was precisely the kind of emotional explosion he'd been hoping to avoid by getting the two of them out of town for the weekend. Damn Gardner Vance and his shitty timing with this takeover. Justin was scared senseless that Brian would do something seriously stupid if he left in the condition he was in, but then again, Justin didn't see any way to stop the impending conflagration.

 

The only thing the frightened young man could do right then was to take their son into the house, let Brian go and hope he managed to get it all out of his system with a minimal amount of damage.

 

Baby Feet Lime.gif

 

Brian hadn’t even started on his first glass of Beam at Woody’s before he was assailed on all sides by his ‘friends’.

 

“Brian! I didn’t know you were joining us tonight! This is so great! I haven’t seen you in way too long and now we can finally have a night out together,” Michael’s usual boundless enthusiasm bubbled all over the both of them.

 

“Hey, Bri! What are you doing here tonight? Didn’t you and the ‘old ball and chain’ have that dinner thing at the Country Club?” Emmett asked, seating himself on the barstool next to Brian and stealing the beer Brian had been saving as a chaser for his Beam.

 

“Oooo la la! The Country Club? My aren’t we the little social climber these days,” Ted horned in on the conversation, offering up the first round of sarcasm in the usual game of barb trading that he and Brian normally engaged in. “Didn’t know you were angling to become officially recognized as one of the ‘A Gays’, Brian.

 

“But, of course,” Em joined in with the badinage, affecting an upper-crust accent. “Become a genetic wonder, pop out a miracle baby and you too will be allowed into the elite ranks at the Country Club . . . even if you ARE still gay.”

 

They all laughed as they gathered their drinks and wrangled Brian along with them towards a table off to the side of the room.

 

“Well, now that Brian’s all settled down with the perfect little family in the perfect little house with the perfectly acceptable job and just enough notoriety to be fashionable, he fits right in with the Club Set,” Ted continued his ribbing.

 

“Yeah. Next thing you know, Brian will be hosting Bridge Night and trading tips on potty training with the other mommies,” Michael added, guffawing louder than anyone else at his own joke.

 

“Fuck you, Michael,” Brian grumbled, shrugging his shoulders to try and dislodge his friend’s overly-clingy grasp.

 

“Hey, that’s what you get when you join the ranks of the breeders, Daddy Brian,” Michael replied, elbowing Brian jovially and laughing again as if he’d never heard a better joke while the three amigos moved off in the direction of their table.

 

None of them even noticed that Brian hadn’t bothered to follow them.

 

Brian turned back to the bar, mentally dismissing his ‘friends’ and more determined than ever to get as drunk as he possibly could. He threw back the remainder of his drink and waved to the bartender for another before taking up a new seat a few stools down from where he’d been sitting before. To his immediate left, there was a huge bear of a man leaning against the bar, his gargantuan frame blocking most of the view of the length of the bar counter. Brian felt like he was virtually hidden behind the big Papa Bear, which suited him just fine since all he wanted right then was to be left alone.

 

Unfortunately, while he couldn’t see the rest of the bar’s occupants, Brian could still hear them. In particular, he could hear the voices of two completely flaming queens sitting on the other side of Papa Bear. Two rather nasty, gossip-hungry queens, who were seemingly talking about him.

 

“Mamma Mia! Pray for me, Sweetie, because I'm having very sinful thoughts about that mouthwatering morsel of man-flesh that just walked away. Who was that gorgeous guy?” said the first voice.

 

“Honey, I know you're new around here, but even you must have heard about Brian Kinney. You know, the Prego Guy? It was in the news, like, everywhere,” replied gossip queen number two.

 

“That's HIM? Wow! He's hot. I thought he'd be some frumpy little bottom boy, not a total stud like that!”

 

“Yeah, I know, right? And I totally agree - he is pleasing to look at - but you can put your eyes back in your head. He's completely housebroken and off the market these days. I'm actually surprised to even see him out on a weeknight. Ever since he popped out Pittsburgh's first miracle baby, he's been more of a Dud than a Stud. But I guess that's to be expected now that he's happily shacked up with his baby-daddy and progeny. It's really too bad though - they say he used to be a terrific fuck. I bet that these days, though, he spends most of his time barefoot in the kitchen with his kid hanging from his tit!”

 

“Oh my! How the mighty have fallen!” the first queen added before they both broke out into peals of riotous, mean-spirited laughter.

 

“Damn it to fucking hell!” Brian exclaimed, getting to his feet with the intent of finding the two queens who couldn’t keep their fucked up opinions to themselves and shoving their words back down their throats with his fists.

 

“How could you, Brian!” His path around the Papa Bear was suddenly blocked by the appearance of the very last person on the face of the planet that Brian wanted to see - his relentless stalker Tab or Tag or Tip or whatever.

 

“Get the fuck away from me, Loser!” Brian growled, grabbing the younger man’s shoulder in order to shove him out of the way.

 

“No. Not until you tell me why you’re being such a prick!” Tig shouted, planting his feet and somehow managing to hold his ground.

 

“I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Now get the hell out of my way or I’ll make you move.”

 

“I’m talking about this morning, Brian. The way you threw the beautiful silver music box I got for our Kevan into the street and then drove your car over it! That was really mean, Brian. Really, really mean. And you didn’t even open the package first. If you had, you would have seen how gorgeous the music box was and I know you would have loved it. I even had it engraved, you know. But, no! You just tossed it into the street like it was trash. Now it’s ruined,” Tab hollered and shoved a flattened, rattling box into Brian’s hands. “I hope you’re happy with yourself, Brian. I’m very angry at you right now and I don’t know if I can forgive you for this.”

 

“Good. Don’t forgive me. Hopefully you’re so pissed off at me that you never want to talk to me or see me ever again. Then you can go off and pout in whatever hole you crawled out of. Maybe you’ll even go find somebody else to harass now. Whatever. Frankly, I don’t give a fuck, as long as you leave me the hell alone! And I already told you that we’re not going to open any more of your unwanted presents, so quit sending this shit!” Brian screamed back at Tip, foisting the damaged parcel back into Tad’s hands and then barrelling past him and straight out the door of the bar.

 

Fuck Woody’s! Fuck Michael and Emmett and Theodore! Fuck the fucking gossip queens and bears and all the rest of them! Fuck Tab and his gifts! Fuck the damned Country Club and Craig Taylor and Gardner Vance and everyone else on the fucking planet.

 

And fuck this parenthood shit! Brian had had enough. It was time to take back his body and his life!

Baby Feet Blue Right.gif

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

2/27/16 - Sorry about this one, guys. I know it seems bleak, but things will get better . . . Eventually. TAG

 

P.S. If you've got the time, go read this really interesting BBC article & watch the video about how the game "Peek-a-boo" reveals a lot about a baby's brain. http://www.bbc.com/news/health-24553877 (BTW - You gotta know any doctor who has green hair and wears a bright pink t-shirt knows his stuff, right?)