- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kevan's colicky. Brian wants his sex life back the way it was. Justin just wants some sleep and time to do his homework. Add into the mix a tempting new job offer Brian receives and you've got a recipe for disaster . . . Enjoy! TAG

 


Animated-Border-Footprints.gif


Chapter 3 - Getting Back to Normal?


Kevan’s tummy hurt. It really hurt a lot. He was not a happy little baby at this point.


His tummy hurt. Nobody had closed the blinds in the pretty green and brown room and the sunlight was streaming into his eyes. It was too bright. Kevan was also tired but with his tummy not feeling good and too much light he couldn't sleep. He really was not happy.


And on top of everything else Kevan was bored, annoyed at his tiny world and generally pissed off at everything and everyone. Which was really confusing because these were all new feelings that the infant hadn't experienced before and didn't really understand. Up until this point, Kevan had only experienced pure basic instinctual needs: hunger, fatigue, bodily discomfort, pain. These new feelings were more emotional. Emotions were highly confusing when you were only six weeks old.


'Sometimes growing up is a bitch,' Kevan thought to himself, or at least the infant version of that sentiment.


His tummy gurgled again unpleasantly. Luckily his bowels opened up right then and he filled his diaper. This relieved some of the discomfort in his tummy. But it also meant he was now wearing an unpleasantly wet and mushy diaper, the acidic contents of which were rapidly cooling and irritating his tender skin.


Where were Kevan's people things? Somebody needed to get in here and fix all this! Right now!


Kevan, who was now pretty much an expert at noise making, opened up his pretty little bowed lips and let out a rather un-pretty bawling wail.


'That ought to do it,' Kevan thought.


Only it didn't work as quickly as little Kevan would have liked. So the smart little tyke ramped up his game and upped the noise level a couple of decibels. He also tried modulating the tone of the wailing - a new discovery he'd made recently - temporarily amused by the range of sounds he was learning to make.


Cool - when he screwed up his mouth just right and put a little more air into it he could make this high-pitched shrieking cry that was completely new. That was pretty entertaining! Now that's the kind of noise that should get some real action.


Kevan, that brilliant baby, was of course correct. Within twenty seconds after he'd started on this new improved more frantic wailing, the door to the nursery opened and the tall goofy person came running in looking a tad frazzled but ready to do Kevan's bidding. Kevan found himself scooped up, his soiled diaper changed in no time and his boredom alleviated for the moment as the big goofy one talked to him and cuddled him.


Hmmm, that particular noise seemed very effective. Kevan would have to make a note of that for future use. Good to know, really.

Animated-Border-Footprints.gif


"Uuurrrgggghhhh!" Justin was NOT encouraged by the fact that he could hear Kevan crying from outside the back door. "If I turn around and quickly tiptoe back to the car, maybe Emmett won't even notice I was home," Justin proposed aloud to himself, ready to try almost anything if it would allow him to escape from the incredible wailing wonder for a few more hours.


"Don't even THINK about running, Baby," Justin's escape plans were rudely interrupted when Emmett appeared in person at the door, unhappy screaming infant in his arms. "Our darling little Kevan has been a total drama princess all day. Ungrateful little wretch didn't seem to want anything to do with his Auntie Em. So I say it's high time for Papa to take over."


Emmett deftly pulled Justin's messenger bag off the younger man's shoulder and then promptly handed him the still tearful bundle of baby. Justin's parenting instincts overcame his reluctance at dealing with fussy infants and he hugged the slightly soggy bundle tightly. Kevan's cries trickled off pretty quickly as soon as he felt his father's presence.


"Oh! Thank heavens! That's much better!" a relieved Em announced as he herded the daddy and now quiet baby into the house.


"So, I take it, today was NOT a good day," Justin asked once they were seated together in the Greatroom.


"That would be the understatement of the year, Honey," Em replied, the stress of the day clearly evinced through his tone. "Our little Prince was a handful today. He was fussy all day. He only slept a couple of hours total, he didn't finish a single bottle and his diapers - well, let's just say I've never seen that exact shade of green anywhere else in nature! He's definitely got some tummy troubles going on in there. I think he's got a spot or two of diaper rash too, unfortunately, which I'm sure doesn't help matters much. Poor thing."


"Damn! Mom said the other day that it sounded like colic to her. Which really sucks because from everything I've read there's absolutely nothing you can do for colic except try to live through it until its gone," Justin moaned. "And, fuck, Em - I'm not sure that's possible. I don't think I've had more than four hours of sleep total all week. I'm exhausted!"


"Sorry, Sweetie!" Em commiserated. "Does it make me a bad person to say that I'm glad I'm just the daytime manny?"


"Yes. It does, you bitch," Justin replied, trying to maintain a tiny bit of his sense of humor.


"Well, what about Brian? Couldn't he take a few more of the night shifts so you get a bit more sleep? I mean, you look like you're about to collapse, Honey"


"Oh, well . . . Brian's not really very good at the late night stuff," Justin knew he was making excuses but was too tired to analyze his own motives.


"What? Don't you guys take turns with the night time feelings and such? Justin? Brian does help out, right?" Emmett was a bit surprised that Justin wasn't making Brian pull his own weight more. "Honey, that's just not right and you know it."


"I know, Em. But Brian's got so much on his plate right now what with work and all . . . And he's a bear to wake up at night. It's just easier most of the time if I deal with Kevan myself, you know."


"Mm hmm. I know, Baby, but I also know that you are wearing yourself out and that this can't keep up much longer," Emmett was concerned for his tired looking friend.


"Now, my advice - for what it's worth - is to tell Brian he's gonna have to get off his pretty little GQ ass and help out around here a bit more. It took both of you to get yourselves into this mess and it shouldn't be your responsibility alone to deal with it now. Besides, I've seen the doting Daddy - he adores his little Kevan - and I don't think he'd really mind an excuse to spend more time with his spawn. He just needs a bit of a push sometimes, you know. Remind him that he's a daddy too. Don't give him the excuses he's looking for to opt out of the tough parts of parenting. We both know Brian will take the easiest way out if you let him, but that wouldn't be fair to you or Kevan or Brian himself for that matter."


When Justin didn't respond right away, avoiding looking directly into Emmett's eyes, the big southern queen huffed out a sigh. Once again his good advice was going to go unheeded, it seemed. Oh well! They'd just have to fight their way through their troubles on their own.


"But that's just silly old me, I guess," Emmett graciously let Justin off the hook. "So, now that his Papa seems to have soothed Prince Kevan off to sleep again, why don't I put him to bed for you. And you can can get in a quick nap before he's back up again."


"Thanks, Em," the sleep deprived young man replied gratefully as his friend took the baby out of his arms and headed back to the nursery.


By the time Emmett got back to the Greatroom five minutes later, the exhausted blond was already sound asleep on the couch.


Animated-Border-Footprints.gif


“Yummmmm.”


Justin awoke to the feeling of his pants being unzipped and then roughly yanked down off his hips. Immediately thereafter he felt a warm, wet tongue trailing a line of saliva across his belly, dipping into his belly button briefly and then curling around to follow the line of his groin down to even more sensitive areas. But it wasn’t until that same tongue licked up his stiffening shaft that Justin came fully awake with a happy sigh.


“I come home for dinner, and what do I find? None other than a scrumptious looking blond boy asleep on my couch looking ready to serve! So, what else can I do? I just have to take a nibble or two. Maybe eat your ass as an appetizer? What do you say, Pretty Boy?” Brian crooned lustily right before burying his face back into the musky depths of his lover’s crotch.


Justin might have been awake, but his brain wasn’t working enough yet to get out actual words. All he managed was a contented gurgle as Brian moved lower and sucked on his balls. It didn’t help matters at all that Brian was making the most adorable happy slurpy noises while he feasted on his favorite blond boy. Justin’s dick went from relatively flaccid to harder than a steel rod in approximately 5.3 seconds.


“Fuck! You taste so incredible, Sunshine,” Brian raved as soon as he came up for air. “To hell with dinner. I think I’ll just eat you all night! Roll over!”


Justin struggled to comply with his favorite Stud’s request seeing as the Stud in question was lying on top of him and pinning the smaller man into the couch cushions. With a little wriggling, however, the lithe youth managed to extricate himself enough to flip over onto his stomach. His hips naturally pushed themselves up so that his ass was immediately available to the desires of the man kneeling behind him. Brian, who thoroughly approved of his lover’s alacrity, gave each plump butt cheek an affectionate little slap and then dove back into his favorite feast.


Spreading the lovely pale globes apart with his big hands, Brian delighted in the sight of the delicious and delicate pink folds of muscle he found waiting for him. He loved Justin’s taste - always had - and indulged himself in the treat of rimming his sweet boy as often as he could. With an anticipatory sigh, Brian took his first long, slow swipe across the tightly closed entrance with his tongue and relished the intricate sensations. The taste, the smell, the happy little noises Justin made in response to every single one of Brian’s motions. It was a treat that the well-experienced man could never pass up.


With a pointed tongue, he quickly moved on, probing into the moist depths and savoring the earthy flavors he found there. His saliva quickly lubricated the area while his movements helped to stretch the constricting ring of muscles. The more he worked at it, the deeper his questing tongue was able to explore, until he finally managed to reach the node of nerve endings that was hidden within. Brian tickled the spot with the tip of his tongue until he felt the youthful body in front of him begin to squirm, telling him it was high time to move on to even more pleasurable things.


With a last long swipe across the boy’s now relaxed opening, Brian sat up on his haunches and accepted the tube of lube his accommodating lover had already located. Brian was always thrilled to be reminded of just how in tune his lover always was with his own appetites. He loved that Sunshine was always just as ready to fuck as he was. No wonder this boy was the only one who’d ever tempted him into coming back for more again and again and again.


Brian squirted out a large portion of lube into his palm and used it to lubricate his bare cock. Not having to use condoms had so many advantages - not the least of which was not having to take the time to find one when you were in the mood for a fast fuck and didn’t really want to get off the couch. In mere seconds he was ready and gleefully sliding into his Sunshine’s depths with his usual abandon.


“Briannnnn! Yes, yes, yes!” The ecstatic little blond nympho under him was chanting as Brian thrust deeper and deeper, driving the boy’s head down into the sofa cushions as he went. ‘Fuck, this felt so perfect, every single time,’ Brian thought even as the tendrils of electrifying friction caressed the lengths of his achingly hard cock. Every movement, every minuscule flex of a muscle, added to the growing accumulation of pleasure. The ultra-sensitive head of his dick slid slowly in and out of the velvety depths and ignited a myriad of tiny electrical fires along the way. The tingling, the burning pleasure, the pulsing of each heartbeat of blood flowing under each man’s skin, all combined and built and grew to unspeakable heights.


Without even realizing he was doing it, Brian’s hand reached out for Justin’s. Their fingers laced together automatically. It was the only way to anchor themselves to the earth before their passion expelled them out of the planet’s gravity well. Brian could feel the blood pounding in his cock, the ridges and crevices within his lover caressing him and the divine pressure building in his balls. If only this feeling could go on forever. If only he never had to leave his sweet blond lover’s body.


Shit! It was so good to be back on top!


Both Brian and Justin were so far into the euphoria of their pending orgasm that it took a couple of minutes before either one registered the unhappy, whimpering sounds that had begun to trickle out of the baby monitor resting on the nearby coffee table. When the whimpers turned into a full out plaintive cry, it snapped Justin out of his lust-filled daze. The poor lad, who up till that moment had been actively shoving back into his partner as hard as brian had been ramming him forward, let out his own whimper and collapsed over the arm of the sofa.


Brian, of course, hadn't lost a single beat in his rhythm. When Justin collapsed, he simply shuffled forward on his knees a bit in order to maintain the proper thrusting angle. Not much could throw Brian when he was this close to his release.


"Brian. Brian, stop," Justin ordered, tapping at his lover's thigh in an attempt to get the man's attention. "Brian, the baby . . ."


". . . Can fucking hold out for five more minutes, Justin," Brian retorted, not letting up on his pounding for even a beat. "I, on the other hand, need your complete and immediate attention right. This. Fucking. Second. Aaaaahhhhh!" Brian moaned out his bliss as hot pulses of cum began flooding Justin's interior.


As he pumped into Justin with his last few thrusts, Brian considerately reached around, grabbed his partner's dick and very capably jerked Justin off to completion as well. Meanwhile, Kevan kept up his very vocal complaint over how long he was being made to wait for attention. The usual pleasant post-coital recovery period, when the two men would loll about panting and enjoying the aftershocks of pleasure until they'd caught their breath again, would regrettably have to be skipped this time.


"Damn baby monitors . . ." Brian groused as he rather too abruptly pulled out of a still gasping Justin and got to his feet. He gave the receiver unit a displeased look, cringing a bit at the howling crescendo of his son's complaints, and bent to pick up his pants off the floor. "Don't get your diapers in a twist, Sonnyboy. I'm on my way," Brian muttered.


Justin rolled over just enough to admire the view as Brian strutted off down the hall, his pants draped over one shoulder but otherwise butt naked. Through the monitor Justin clearly heard the sound of the nursery door opening. Kevan's sobbing let up almost instantly. The next sound Justin heard was Brian cooing and talking to the baby as he picked up his little boy and started to do the whole responsible daddy thing. Kevan's keening turned into happy gurgles. There were a few more mysterious bumps and knocks before Justin distinguished the sound of Brian settling into the big plush armchair, ostensibly with Kevan in his arms, as Daddy and Sonnyboy made themselves comfortable. And finally, above the slurpy noises of a suckling baby, there came the low pleasing baritone rumble of the big bad Studliest Stud of all time singing an old irish lullaby to his now contented son.


"Fuck! I love that man so much it hurts!" Justin declared to no one in particular as he snuggled back against the couch cushions and enjoyed listening to his little family.


Animated-Border-Footprints.gif


Brian and Justin were finally able to sit down to their own dinner about an hour later. Even with Brian’s magical touch, it took quite a while to get Kevan settled and back to sleep tonight. The only promising sign was that he had nursed for a long time, for a change, and that full belly boded well for keeping the baby asleep for a more lengthy period of time. At least that was what Justin was hoping. He was floundering under far too much unfinished homework and desperately needed a few uninterrupted hours of study time. But, at the very least, it seemed like the two daddies would get enough peace and quiet that they could enjoy having a real dinner together for once.


Emmett, that angel disguised as a big nelly queen, had prepared a roast chicken with baked potatoes and left it warming in the oven. While Brian checked his emails, set the table and tidied up around the house - grumbling over Justin’s shoes always being in the wrong place, no matter where the boy left them - Justin put together a quick salad and sliced up some crusty Italian bread. It was an almost nauseatingly domestic scene, but Justin wisely didn’t mention that fact and Brian seemed to be in too good a mood tonight to notice.


“So, I’ve got a bit of news, Sunshine,” Brian announced with a pleased-as-punch smile after he’d managed a bite or two of his supper. “It seems that you’re not the only one who wants my ass. Looks like the nice folks at Armani want it back as well.”


“Armani? Really? They want you to do another ad? Even though you’re no longer the ‘Prego Stud’ and back to being just a normal, run-of-the-mill Stud?” Justin teased his gorgeous and always vain partner.


“I’ll have you know there’s nothing run-of-the-mill about this ass, Sunshine. It may not be as plump as your behind, but it has it’s own pleasing aesthetics,” Brian took the ribbing and shot back his own zinger. “And it seems like the people at Armani like it well enough to offer yours truly an exclusive one-year contract to model for them.” Brian declared with a smug smile that revealed just how excited he was about this development.


“No shit? Wow. That’s incredible, Brian,” Justin congratulated his handsome partner. “Of course, I always knew you were the most gorgeous man on the face of the earth, but it’s nice to hear that everyone else agrees with me now.”


“Yeah, well, it seems that the response to the campaign I did when I was prego was so overwhelming that they want me to keep doing more ads for them. They've already got tentative shoot dates set up for the spring and summer lines. I'm having the legal department at work look over the contracts first, of course, but it's virtually a done deal. This time I'll even get paid for my modeling services, not just my marketing skills. And the best part of all is that I get to keep all the clothes I model!" Brian's eyes glittered at the mere thought of all that free Armani swag.


"Knowing you, my dear label queen addict, you'd probably agree to pose for free as long as they threw in the clothes," Justin and Brian both laughed but the style-hungry older man didn't try to deny it. "How the hell are you going to model for Armani and still work for Ryder, though? You’re not quitting your job are you?”


"Fuck no! I doubt this modeling gig will last all that long. They're more interested in me because I'm still a bit of a sensation than for my looks. Plus, there's no way I'm giving up my career for a mere modeling gig. Mikey might think that I'll always be young and beautiful because I'm Brian Fucking Kinney, but I'm not THAT stupid," Brian stated wisely. "In the meantime, though, Marty's agreed to be flexible with my schedule. I mean, he can hardly object when the company's still getting the revenue for running the campaigns that I'll be modeling for, right? Hopefully it won't take up too much time."


"I don't know, Brian. Don't they do on-location photo shoots for most of their ads - especially the spring and summer ones since they need to go somewhere warm to showcase the clothing? That means travel. And I'm sure you'll be expected to give interviews and attend campaign related events, which will probably happen in places other than glorious Pittsburgh. I'm afraid you'll be busier than you think," Justin answered, sounding more and more worried himself as he detailed all the time his co-parent would be spending away from home.


"Maybe," Brian seemed unconcerned with the potential time constraints. "We'll see. I'm sure Ryder won't mind either way."


"In the meantime," Brian quickly changed the subject, "I really need to start hitting the gym hard. I’ve still got more than five pounds of fucking baby weight to get rid of and I lost a shitload of muscle tone especially around my gut. I've got to get that taken care of before the first Armani shoot. I already talked with Zeke at Ript Gym about setting up an intensive training program. Which means I won't be home before eight or so for the foreseeable future."


"I don't think you're supposed to diet or exercise like that yet, Brian," Justin tried to intervene. "All the books say that heavy dieting and exercise are dangerous this early postpartum. It's especially bad if you're breast feeding. Maybe we should talk to Chiefy first . . ."


"That's bullshit, Sunshine," Brian dismissed his live-in worrywart's concerns with a flip of one wrist. "If it were such a big problem, then how come you see these celebrity moms doing bikini ads two months later? If they can fucking do it, I sure as hell can too."


'Famous last words,' Justin thought, but since he wasn't ready for an argument, he decided to wait and see.


Brian frequently didn't bother to worry about what was best for himself. That had always been Justin's job - at least it had been throughout Brian's pregnancy. If Justin had to keep playing health monitor for his baby daddy even after the baby was born, he would. Of course, Justin was smart enough that he'd figure out a way to make Brian amenable to whatever needed to be done. AND he'd do it in a way that meant Brian wouldn't even mind. All it took was a plan and a lot of tenacity.


By tomorrow morning, Justin would have both!

Chapter End Notes:

 

11/3/14 - Most of this was written on my iPhone while I was on the bus or at work today, so I apologize for any typos or autocorrect incorrectness. I'll go back and fix it all later but wanted to get you what I could asap!

Now, for the health lecture - Losing The Baby Weight- (Source: WebMD): Losing weight after giving birth is different from losing weight at other times, especially if you are breastfeeding your baby. Losing the baby weight can take upwards of a year. Ideally, you should take the weight off gradually, aiming for 1-2 pounds per week. Breastfeeding parents should not go on weight loss diets because they need plenty of calories to lactate and provide the sole source of nutrition to their infants. Even if the weight doesn’t come off as fast as if you were not breastfeeding, take comfort in knowing you are doing the best thing for the baby. Breast milk is designed by Mother Nature to give your baby everything he/she needs for growth and development for the first several months. Good nutrition is imperative. Your diet affects the quality of the breast milk, whereas the quantity is based on how much you nurse. Breastfeeding should not be used as a weight loss method because you could actually gain weight while nursing if you don’t pay close attention to your diet. It is it a myth that breastfeeding burns up lots of calories making milk. You will burn some stored body fat, but your body protects some fat for the purpose of breastfeeding. Many don’t lose all the baby weight until they completely stop nursing.

Take that, Brian!  TAG