- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The night of the boys' big announcement . . . Do we think it will go smoothly? Probably not. Read and enjoy! TAG

 

Baby Feet Purple Right.gif

 

Chapter 44 - Throwing Out The Trash.

 

Wow! Kevan didn't know there were so many big people things in the whole entire world. And just imagine - they all came here to see HIM!


Kevan was flattered . . . well, okay, he didn’t really understand the concept of flattered, but he did experience whatever the almost 8 month old version of that emotion was. It WAS pretty nifty that all these big people had come to see him, though. Kevan knew that he was special. He’d always known that - just look at all the things he could do, right? He could smile and laugh, he could make the world tip up and spin around and move towards him, and he was one of the best big people trainers around. But he had no idea that all these other people knew about him.


Of course he took it all in stride, because that’s what a genius like Kevan did. He allowed himself to be hugged and kissed and passed around amongst all his adoring fans. He wowed them with his smiles and gurgling. He couldn’t really show off his world moving tricks because the big people things wouldn’t put him down for even a moment, but they didn’t seem to care. They all just wanted to worship him.


Which was only right, seeing as he was Kevan The Great.


It was a very busy evening. It was tiring doing all that smiling and gurgling. He was passed around to so many pairs of arms - the owners of which he didn’t even know half the time. And the big people things were swirling around him in so many different changing combinations, it was hard to keep up with who was who. Plus, Kevan was still trying to keep track of The Daddy even amidst this press of big people, because The Daddy still had that annoying habit of trying to disappear.


Kevan was just so busy.


But it was worth it. All the Big People Things who’d come to see him were so happy with all of Kevan’s tricks. They even clapped for him several times.


Before long, though, Kevan was simply worn out from trying to entertain all these people. He WAS only eight months old, after all. How much smiling and gurgling and just simply being amazing did they expect? Sheesh!


Wasn’t it time for all the big people to go away already? Hadn’t they had enough of Kevan’s greatness? They didn’t actually think he could keep this up indefinitely, did they?


Ahhhhhh! Finally! Kevan was back in The Daddy’s strong safe arms. He promptly laid his head on The Daddy’s comfortable shoulder, sighed with relief and closed his eyes.


The Life of the Party was ready for a nap.

 

Baby Feet Yellow.gif

 

The party had been going in full-swing for about an hour. There was quite a little crowd already, including the Liberty Avenue family, Cynthia, Jennifer and Molly Taylor, Daphne, most of the new clients that Brian had already garnered for Kinnetik and a few other random friends. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time so far. Brian had retreated for the moment to the bar - grabbing a ginger ale and using it as an excuse to hide out from the party guests for a couple minutes. He’d lost his wingman, Kevan, almost as soon as they’d shown themselves to the party people, so he didn’t have that excuse for a timely disappearance. Damn all those Grandmothers and Aunties and Uncles who demanded they be allowed to hold the baby. Didn’t they know Brian needed Kevan as a prop?

 

“You can’t hide from the guests at your own party, Stud,” Justin had found his man and come to collect him from the corner. “You aren’t usually this anti-social.”

 

“I’m not anti-social,” Brian rejoined. “I just can’t stand people.”

 

“Awww. Poor baby. Too bad, though, because they all adore you.” Justin took a firm grip on Brian’s elbow and forcefully guided him back towards the center of the room where most of the people were gathered in small groups chatting. “Now, come say hello and introduce me to to your new agent. Then you can give your big speech and afterwards I’ll let you and Kevan go off and hide in the Nursery for fifteen minutes to recover.”

 

Brian conceded to the pushy blond’s demands, plastering a smile back on his face as they neared a group of five or six people including Mr. & Mrs. PittSteel, Mama ToyCo, Sarge and - a surprise last minute addition to the guest list - Stitch. Everyone immediately flocked to Brian with lots of Birthday wishes. Sarge then took over the conversation, complaining that Brian looked tired, which wasn’t good for his career, and ordering him to get some rest over the next week. The other women in the group chimed in, seconding this prescription, causing the men to smile at him sympathetically. Brian only managed to escape after introducing Justin to Sarge, who turned her attention to ordering the younger man around instead, allowing the smirking brunet to move on to the next group of guests.

 

Brian was relieved when Justin found him a few minutes later and told him it was time for their big announcement. Brian gave a wave to Emmett, who was already standing by with champagne for all, and then stepped over to the stereo to turn down the music. All the eyes in the room turned towards him and the various conversations died away.

 

“Good evening, everyone.” Brian spoke up with the full Kinney Charm coming out despite his inherent dislike of this type of gathering. “Thank you all for coming to celebrate my further spiral into the indignities of old age.” This statement won him a round of subdued laughter. “But, since I always say that you should only celebrate achievements, I thought it was fitting to devote tonight not to my regrettable aging, but instead to the start of something new and exciting.”

 

Brian moved over until he was standing between Justin and Cynthia, who were grinning just as broadly as Brian by this point. “Now, some of you already know what Justin, Cynthia and I have been working on over the past few weeks, but not everyone knows the whole story, so why don’t we make it official? It’s always been my goal to eventually own my own advertising agency. Somehow, though, it never seemed like the right time to take that big leap and head out on my own. However, after my recent run in with one of the more reality-challenged members of my fan base, I realized that there never would be a ‘perfect’ time. If I waited around for the perfect chance to fall into my lap, I’d be old and grey and unhappy and still working for other people and maybe miss my shot altogether. I realized that I didn’t want to waste any more time doing things I didn’t really enjoy or being someone I didn’t want to be any longer. It was time to make my own perfect opportunity.”

 

“Which is why I’m happy to officially announce the opening of Kinnetik Advertising.” Brian smiled at Cynthia and put his arm around Justin’s shoulders as the majority of the guests broke into applause. “Thank you, everybody. Thank you. I can barely believe it’s happening myself. But if I’m just dreaming then I probably made a big mistake when I met with Gardner Vance this morning for brunch and handed him my resignation. So, whether or not this is the right time, in two more weeks, after I’ve worked my notice, I’ll be my own man again.”

 

“I’m not going to bother meeting with that little weasel myself. I just emailed my resignation in. And he can take his two weeks notice and shove it up his ass,” Cynthia piped up with a wicked grin, generating peals of laughter amid the assembled guests.

 

“Which is good, because I’ve got more than enough work for my new Vice President, Cynthia, to take care of over the next two weeks while I’m finishing up my indentured servitude with VanGuard, and Sunshine here, my new Art Director, is finishing up his first year at PIFA.” There was more applause at these additional announcements, causing Brian to pause once again. When the hubbub had died away a bit again, Brian raised his half-full glass of champagne - which was all Justin was allowing him for the night - for a toast. “So, without further ado, I give you, ‘Kinnetik’!”

 

As Brian said the name of the new company, Ted, who’d been drafted to help with the big announcement, pulled the drape off the big screen computer monitor that had been waiting perched on a high platform next to where the three new partners were standing. The crowd ooh’ed and ahh’ed as the company’s new logo was revealed, displayed against a background of kinetically moving light bars. At the same time, Molly, who’d been thrilled to get a job of her own for the party, began to circulate with a tray holding stacks of business cards bearing the same logo, only instead of a moving background, on the cards the light bars were holographic. Everyone exclaimed over the unique logo and the brilliant concept.

 

Kinnetik logo.gif

 

Cynthia moved away from the front of the room and joined the other guests, making sure that anyone who asked knew that Justin was the genius behind the new logo, concept and artwork. She was almost as proud of the young man as Brian was and intended to make sure everyone knew it. Besides, she wasn’t one to let such a great marketing point just lie there without bringing notice to it, and Justin’s talent was one of the strongest assets their fledgling company had to offer.

 

The commotion over the logo hadn’t yet died out when everyone’s attention was drawn back to the couple still standing in front of the computer screen by the sound of a spoon clinking on a champagne glass. This time it was Justin who was taking the spotlight. The bold young blond was smiling out at his audience with one of his face-splitting trademark sunshine smiles lighting up his countenance in anticipation of the news he was about to impart.

 

“And that’s not all folks!” You could hear the excitement in the smooth tenor voice. “What Brian hasn’t told you yet - or at least not the majority of you - is that we did have a good reason for doing this now. Brian said he wasn’t waiting around for the perfect opportunity to fall into his lap, but . . . that’s probably because in a few more weeks he once again won’t have a lap to speak of.” There was a round of confused gasps and whispered questions, which was offset by the knowing smiles of the people in the audience who were already aware of the rest of the couple’s big secret. “Yes! The answer to all those questions I hear you whispering is ‘Yes’. On top of the news that we’ve started our own advertising agency, we can add the even bigger news that Brian is pregnant again! And, joy of joys, it looks like we’ll be having twins this time!”

 

The uproar of comments following this little piece of information was almost deafening. There was the expected ‘congratulations’, ‘twins?’ and even the ‘I thought that was impossible!’. Brian smiled and waved at them all to quiet down.

 

“Well, I thought it was impossible too,” Brian responded with a shrug. “You can blame Chiefy for that little bit of misinformation - she’s over there on the couch trying to blend in with the upholstery if you want to give her hell for me,” Laughter and a blush from the blustery OBGYN. “Unfortunately, it looks like I’m the exception to all the rules when it comes to this pregnancy shit. If you thought the media circus was insane the last time around, just wait till they all hear about this second pregnancy and the twins. I’m told that I’ll be in every medical history book ever, though, so I’ve got that to look forward to. And I always did say that I never gave a shit what people said about me, so why would I start listening when they said it was impossible for a man to get pregnant more than once or to have twins?” Another upwelling of laughter ensued from most of the gathering. “Although I can assure you that this WILL be the last time you hear any such news about ME. After this batch I’m definitely done!”

 

From her perch on the couch, Chiefy raised her glass in a toast and promised she’d make sure of it this time. Brian returned the gesture with a tongue-in-cheek smile. And that seemed to be the signal for everyone to swarm the expectant couple and offer hugs, kisses and more congratulations.

 

Sadly, the happy wishes were almost immediately drowned out by one angry and not-so-congratulatory voice. “What the fuck do you mean, Brian’s pregnant again? What the hell have you done to him,” Michael yelled out his disbelief as he elbowed his way through the throng to get to his best friend, pulling Brian away from the person he saw as just a blond troublemaker. “No wonder he’s acting so out of character and changing his whole way of life again. Brian never wanted this. He never wanted you. You’re ruining his fucking life. Why can’t you just leave him alone already, you fucking gold digger? Go stalk somebody else and let Brian have his life back!”

 

“I don’t think it’s Brian’s life that you’re really worried about, Michael. You’re only upset because Brian’s finally getting a real life and it’s one that might not revolve around you anymore. Am I right, Michael?” The feisty blond twink immediately confronted the self-centered man who was once again trying to insinuate himself between Brian and Justin, all in the name of ‘protecting’ his friend.

 

“Sunshine,” Brian cautioned, holding up his hand to let his partner know that he could back down. “Michael, you need to take a step back and relax. You obviously don’t understand. I’m not unhappy about this pregnancy. Surprised - shocked even - but definitely not unhappy. My life isn’t ‘ruined’ by this and it’s not Justin’s fault that I’ve decided to make the changes I told you about the other day. Weren’t you even listening to me? I want to be a better father and partner and all these changes are going to help me do that. What part of that equates to my life being ‘ruined’?”

 

“But, Brian. I thought . . .” Michael sputtered, unable to come up with any real answer in light of Brian’s glaring disappointment beaming down at him.

 

“If you can’t be happy for me, Mikey, then I think it’s time for you to leave,” Brian said, his voice hushed and sad but resigned.

 

Zavi was already standing right behind Michael, whose head barely reached the mountainous man’s chest. His brother, Res, appeared out of nowhere on Michael’s other side a moment later. And, just in case, Lev was standing behind Brian’s left shoulder and looking down at the scene with disdain for the whining little pest.

 

“Please come with me, Sir,” Zavi’s reverberating baritone voice didn’t have to be loud to be heard even over the noise of all the voices that had been raised against Michael’s vitriolic outburst.

 

“But . . . but . . . but, Brian. Wait. Brian, you can’t . . .” Michael struggled against the hands now towing him towards the exit.

 

Brian didn’t bother to reply. He exhaled loudly, shook his head sadly and then turned his back on the man who had been his oldest friend. A friend who just didn’t seem able to let go of the childhood fantasies that he wanted to use to tie Brian up with. Brian had other guests who WERE happy for him and it was much less stressful to just forget about the minor disruption. And Michael Novotny.

 

“Sorry about that folks,” Brian apologized, waving nonchalantly. “Please, don’t let this interrupt the festivities. There’s more champagne . . . which everyone except me is allowed to drink. You really do need to drink it all so that I’m not tempted come tomorrow!” Brian laughed to let everyone know it was all okay and slowly the regular flow of conversation started up again.

 

Brian and Justin were busy for several more minutes accepting blessings and good wishes from other guests. The clients at the party were all a little shocked by the way Michael had raised such a scene, and both men were intent on smoothing things over for them. A few soothing words though, along with Emmett’s reapplication of champagne to everyone’s glasses, and the unpleasant moment with Michael was mostly forgotten. Finally, when there was a bit of a lull in the press of people around him, Brian felt someone tugging at his sleeve.

 

“Brian,” Looking down, Brian found his surrogate mother waiting at his side.

 

“If you're planning on taking another swing at me, Deb, could we maybe do this later? Hopefully when I don't have a houseful of company?” Brian offered with a sigh.

 

“I'm not gonna do anything like that, asshole,” Deb said, smacking his arm lightly, which for her was merely a sign of affection. “Not that I'm happy about the way you threw Michael out. I think you overreacted a bit, kiddo, but I can see why you did. Michael was being a bit of a shit and you've got your clients and business contacts here and all. But for what it's worth I also think you should give him another chance, Brian. That was pretty big news you hit us with and, no doubt, Michael just reacted without taking the time to think it through. Once the shock wears off, I'm sure he’ll be as happy for you as the rest of us.”

 

Brian quickly relented - it was impossible for him to stay angry at the woman who'd been like a mother to him for so long. “Thanks, Deb. You're right. I'll go try and talk to Mikey again in a couple of days. Maybe he’ll finally listen.” Brian smiled when he felt Debbie grab and squeeze his hand supportively. “But he should know - you all should know - that I'm the last person who would ever be truly unhappy at news like this. It wasn't planned and if I had a choice I wouldn't have opted to get pregnant the first time, let alone a second time, but I'd be the worst type of hypocrite alive if I got upset by news of a child on the way.”

 

“I know, Sweetie. I know. And if he thought about it, Michael would understand that too. But right now all Michael sees is that his best friend is moving on and making changes that don't involve him. And nobody likes change if they aren't the ones initiating it. So, please, just give him some time to think it through before you write him off completely. Okay?”

 

“Okay, Ma,” Brian relented, which caused Debbie to pull him down so that she could leave a smeary red lipstick kiss on his cheek.

 

“You're a good man, Brian Kinney. I know I probably don't say that enough, but it's true, and don't you forget it.” Debbie insisted with a smack to the same cheek. “Now, better give me some more of that champagne so it’s not sitting around here in front of you!”

 

Brian was still smiling as he watched Deb walking over towards the waiter pouring the champagne when he heard a new voice clamoring for his attention. “I have to say, I agree with Debbie that you could have come up with a better way to tell all of us about this,” Lindsey insisted snottily. “You should have told us first, Brian. Not just announced it in front of all these strangers. At the very least, I think I should have been told - I am the mother of your son, after all. The way you just announced everything, throwing it in our faces like that, it was rude.”

 

“What the fuck, Lindsey?” Brian was taken aback by this new angle of attack. “Once and for all, you're NOT my wife! I don't owe you anything and I have no obligation to tell you anything either, except to the extent that you’re still one of my friends. Me being pregnant has nothing to do with you, so why would I need to confide in you or get your approval or anything else, Lindsey?” Brian was now angry enough that his raised voice could be heard above the rest of the crowd’s conversations. “Besides, when exactly did you want me to tell you? I told you as soon as I told almost everyone else. It's not like I've been keeping it a secret this time. I'm less than two months pregnant. How much earlier did you want me to tell you? Huh? What, did you want to hold the pee stick for me?”

 

“Brian . . .” Lindsey started to respond, when suddenly she stopped, her brows knitted as if she was figuring something in her head and then her eyes got extra wide again. “When exactly did all this happen, Brian?”

 

Before Brian could answer, Justin appeared at his side and he felt a steadying hand at the small of his back. “We're not sure of the exact date of conception yet. It's still too early to tell,” Justin answered for them both.

 

“But you said less than two months, and you weren't even here in Pittsburgh then, Brian,” Lindsey continued even though Brian was looking at her with a rattled expression and Justin was silently shooting death rays at her with his eyes. “You left for Cancun on March first. I remember because that was the day I needed to drop off a deposit for Gus’ preschool, as we’d discussed, but I had to wait because you'd left town earlier than expected. Which means you weren't here when . . . And THEN you were held by that stalker for weeks . . .”

 

“Lindsey,” Mel was standing behind her partner, trying to get the woman's attention but Lindsey ignored her - and the roomful of other people - as she barreled on to the inevitable conclusion.

 

“Do you even know who the other father is? Was it someone you met in Mexico? Or . . . Is it . . . It can't be that kidnapper’s, can it? Didn't you say he kept you drugged most of the time . . . Oh, Brian! How could you? You're not seriously thinking of having some rapist’s child are you? How could you do that?”

 

Brian was still standing there looking shell-shocked and unable to say anything. The entire room full of people was completely silent. Every eye was pinned to the tall panicky brunet. He couldn't help but see all the pitying glances and even one or two distasteful or disapproving glares. There was no where to go, though. Nowhere for him to hide.

 

“They're MY babies, Lindsey,” a cool and collected voice cut through the nasty silence and Brian felt the comforting grip of his very own stalwart blond fireball at his side.

 

“But you said . . .” Lindsey just couldn’t let it drop.

 

“It doesn’t matter, Lindsey,” Justin cut her off with an icy smooth WASPish politeness. “Brian is my partner. His children will always be my children. No matter what. And we’ll love these children,” Justin’s other hand moved to caress Brian’s abdomen almost without volition, “just the same as we do Kevan . . . or Gus . . . or any other child we might have. A child is a child and it’s not his or her fault how they were conceived or who their parents are. I mean, we don’t hold it against Gus that his mother is a total cunt, now do we?” Justin’s voice remained so sweet and quietly conversational that if you weren’t listening closely, you might have almost missed that last sentence. Unfortunately, Lindsey had been listening.

 

“How DARE you! You have the nerve to call me names?” Lindsey put on her most indignant and judgmental air. “You, Justin Taylor, are nothing but an opportunistic little sponger who’s leeched onto Brian for his money. Hell, if it hadn’t been for Brian you would have been homeless by now. But no. You wiggled your ass in his face until he let you into his life so you could get the big house and the car and the money for your college tuition. Now he’s even giving you a job in his new company? For all your country club ways, if you ask me, you’re only one step up from a common whore.”

 

“I think you’re confusing me with yourself, Lindsey,” Justin growled back, his anger leaking through the coolly polite demeanor. “I mean, isn’t that exactly what you’ve always aspired to be yourself? Isn’t that your little fantasy - you and Brian and Gus living together as a happy little hetero family with a Country Club membership and the big house with the three car garage in the suburbs?” Justin had moved so that he was now right up in Lindsey’s face. “I think YOU’RE the one who’s always wanted Brian and Brian’s money. I’m not the one begging him for money every month. That’s you, Lindsey. Although I’m not sure why, since you have a partner of your own who makes a decent enough salary. And yet, you’re the one who seems to be hanging around with your hand out all the time, holding out Gus as some kind of bargaining chip and using your own son to manipulate Brian into doing whatever it is you want.”

 

Some of what Justin was saying was apparently finally getting through, seeing as Lindsey was now backing away. Justin wasn’t about to let her go now though. He pursued her step by step, staying right in her face as he fed her some solid and uncomfortable truths.

 

“I think that what you’re really upset about isn’t that Brian’s going to be having more children - irrespective of who the other father is - it’s that your fantasy has come crashing down around your ears. Hasn’t it, Lindsey? You’re not the special one anymore. You’re not the only one able to give him a child. And you’re NEVER going to be the one sharing Brian’s bed. That’s your real problem, isn’t it?” Lindsey looked down at her shoes rather than meet Justin’s eyes.

 

“I AM the person in Brian’s bed, Lindsey. Not you. And it’s not just because you don’t have the type of equipment that Brian prefers in a partner. It’s because I love him enough that I don’t care about ANY of that. I love Gus and Kevan and I’ll love these children too. And I’ll support Brian regardless of what he decides to do with his life, how much money he has or who the other parents of his children might be. Unlike you . . . So, why don’t you take your jealous  and judgmental ass and get the fuck away from MY partner and out of MY house. We don’t need you spreading your negativity around about OUR children.” Justin waved over the hovering security detail for yet another trash removal job. “Zavi, if you wouldn’t mind showing Ms. Peterson the door, please. I think she’s ready to leave.”

 

True to her nature, instead of struggling or sputtering like Michael had done just a few minutes earlier, Lindsey shrugged off the hands on her shoulders, shot one last nasty glare at the bothersome blond brat and then walked off towards the door under her own steam.

 

“Sorry about that . . .” Mel said with an embarrassed blush as she hustled off to grab Lindsey’s purse and their jackets before leaving through the still open front door herself.

 

“Well . . . you certainly can’t say we didn’t offer riveting entertainment at tonight’s little soiree! More champagne, anyone?” Emmett piped up cheerfully when the silence following Lindsey’s departure got too heavy to bear.

 

“Fuck, yeah! Fill me up,” Debbie’s loud and slightly uncouth contralto easily broke the spell and soon everyone else followed her towards the men with the big green bottles of alcohol.

 

Justin hesitated to turn around and face his partner, a little apprehensive about what reaction he’d get from Brian. He realized that taking on Lindsey like that was likely to have some hugely negative repercussions. If nothing else, the cunt would probably give them even more shit than usual the next time Brian wanted to see Gus. But Justin couldn’t stand there and let the bitch shame Brian because of the uncertainty over the twins’ parentage. Brian wasn’t to blame for Taggart holding him prisoner. And, while Brian did have some culpability over the slip up with Hunkalicious, Justin wasn’t about to hold that over the man’s head just to make him feel bad. Brian had already beat himself up enough over that situation. Wasn’t the dubiety they were still living with enough punishment? No way was Justin going to let the likes of Lindsey Peterson shove her judgmental nose into the situation like that. Or spit out her hate on Brian.

 

While Justin was still trying to figure out how he could possibly fix things without backing down, he felt the man he’d been worrying over step up behind him and then long, strong arms were wrapped around his body. “You can stand down now, Triple T,” Brian whispered into the shell-like ear. “All targets have been neutralized. I think I’m safe from any further sniping attacks. At least for the rest of this party. Nobody else would dare take you on after that.” The little laugh and the kiss that followed the teasing words did more than anything else to reassure Justin that he was forgiven for the scene he’d caused.

 

Just then someone - probably Emmett - turned the music back up and the party turned back into more of a party and less of a blow out. Brian turned his partner around, still holding him in his arms, and the two began to sway to the upbeat jazz tune. As soon as the rest of the group saw the hosts dancing, several more couples joined in and the atmosphere chilled out even more.

 

“I’m sorry for making things worse with Lindsey,” Justin offered, unable to let it just go without saying something.

 

“I’m not, Sunshine. Everything you said was true. It probably should have been said ages ago. The only thing I’d have done differently is that it should have been ME saying all that,” Brian responded, squeezing the smaller blond body more closely to his own as they continued to dance.

 

“But she’s going to make it hell for you to see Gus now,” Justin said repentantly.

 

“Enh. It was inevitable. By next week she’ll have even more reason to be pissed at me, so don’t stress out over it.” Justin looked up at Brian questioningly. “I didn’t really get a chance to tell you, what with all the excitement lately, but Cynthia found me a good Family Law attorney and I met with him last week. I’m going to petition the court for specific parenting time with Gus along with a fixed child support payment. No more of this nickel and diming me to the poor house and then telling me I still can’t see my son. The paperwork has already been filed with the court. Lindsey will probably be served by tomorrow. So, you see, it really doesn’t matter. She was going to be pissed off at me sooner or later anyway.”

 

“That’s excellent, Brian. We’ll finally get to have Gus on a regular schedule. I can’t wait. This will be so good for both him and Kevan,” Justin enthused and his formerly sad look was replaced with a grin.

 

“You really do mean that, don’t you, Sunshine?” Brian asked, pausing his steps so that he could look down on the young man he was questioning. “You really do love Gus just as much as you do Kevan? And you don’t care about these ones either? You’ll love them even if my psycho stalker turns out to be the father?”

 

“Of course I meant it, Brian,” Justin reached up and cupped the left side of Brian’s face with his hand. “I love you, Brian Kinney. I’ve loved you from the first night I met you. That love isn’t conditioned on anything. Even if you screw up from time to time, even if you occasionally piss me off, I will STILL love you. I’ll be annoyed at you, but I won’t stop loving you. And I will always be here to support you, and fight off any bad guys who might try to hurt you and do whatever I can to make you feel happy and fulfilled and loved. Because that’s what partners do.” Justin let go of Brian’s face and then turned them both so that they could see Kevan who was sound asleep on his Grandma Jenn’s shoulder. “And nothing could make me stop loving our children. All our children. Gus, Kevan, these two. They’re all our children and nothing will ever change that either.” Brian smiled and scooped his blond boy back up into his arms so they could resume dancing. “Face it, Stud. You are stuck with me. The only thing you could ever do to get rid of me would be to stop loving me. And even then, I’d probably never give up trying to get you back. People tell me I’m a little bit stubborn like that, you know.”

 

Brian snickered at that pronouncement - knowing that it was true even though it was couched in a joking tone. “I won’t, you know,” Brian whispered as they turned about gracefully to the music, smiling down at the now inquisitive younger man. “I don’t think I could ever stop loving you,” The brightness of the smile that belted him at those words was almost blinding - and was more than a little scary, causing Brian to immediately add a bit of a deflection, despite the sincerity of his admission. “Besides, you’ve sort of grown on me. And I do appreciate all the free child care, too. Plus, Kevan seems kinda attached to you, so I guess you can stay.”

 

“Awww! Brian Kinney, you do say the sweetest things. Just for that, I can pretty much guarantee you’re going to get lucky tonight.”

 

Brian didn’t think it was necessary to add that he was already pretty lucky. He just bent down and devoured those perfectly formed popsicle-pink lips in a kiss that quickly had them both panting. If more than a few of the other folks standing nearby and watching were panting too, the boys didn’t notice or care. For the moment at least, they were the only two men in the world and that one kiss was the only thing that mattered.

 

Baby Feet Yellow.gif

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

4/25/16 - Sorry, no educational content today. Too excited to get this chapter out to you. TAG