- Text Size +

HUNTER


I was walking into the house when Justin called me. He needed me to arrange a flight for him to come here to pick up Gus, and one back for them four days after he arrived. Then he gave me a list of things he wanted me to arrange for him while he was here. My dads were grinning at watching me work. He sent me the airline to arrange the flights with while I was putting the things he wanted scheduled into his planner. I finished what I was doing, looking around at everyone watching me.


“What?” I ask.


“You're hard at work already.” Jen explain.


“Justin leads a busy life. I honestly never realized how much he does. When we were talking I asked him how he has time for Brian; with painting, the comic, and working for Kinnetik. When he explained all that, it made sense, he needed an assistant so he could sleep.” I tell her.


“Justin was always working on three to four things at a time. When they started Rage, he was working the diner, going to college, and babysitting for Lindsay and I when we needed him. I used to feel like a slacker compared to him.” Mel tells me.


“How long is Sunshine staying?” Deb asks.


“Four days, he needed me to arrange some netting he wanted, before he went back.” I tell them.


“Make sure he knows he's having dinner with us while he's here.” Deb tells me.


“He already knew you wouldn't let him leave without attending dinner.” I tell her.


I got up and went out back to call Emmett. Justin wanted Emmett to plan a party for when they came home, and to decorate Gus’s room, so it was ready for Gus. I saw Lindsay sitting outside, and figured I could set up a time for her to meet with Justin about the job he planned to offer her. He told me it was fine to tell her what he wanted to talk to her about. I knew he was just letting me get any problems I might have with Lindsay out of the way. I could call Emmett after I talked to Lindsay.


“I actually need to talk to you.” I tell her, sitting down.


“I should apologize to you for being upset that Justin hired you.” She tells me.


“Lindsay, you can’t help how you feel. I won’t pretend that I wished he offered you the job instead of me. It's really nice that Justin wanted me to work for him.” I tell her.


“I said some things that upset Michael and Ben about you. They both seemed to forgive me, but I can tell it still upsets them.” She tells me.


“We all say things when we're upset, My dad can come up with some real winners. Being family means understanding no one's perfect. I've done a lot of growing up while you were gone, hopefully being here, you'll figure out I'm not the mouthy brat you knew.” I tell her.


“It's just you’re going to enter a world that's different from dinners at Deb’s. Justin is mingling with high powered business people, and others who see image as everything. He’s throwing you into that world, expecting you to just understand it.” She tells me.


“I think you see Justin’s life differently than it is. I'm sure I'll attend some of those things you mentioned, but a lot of what he wants is someone to make it possible for him to have time for Brian, and anything else he wants to do. Justin isn't running from one party to the next, in fact he rarely attends them at all, unless he has to. When he does, it's not me he expects to do the talking. Rachel told me that when Justin does attend, Brian is always there and no one cares who I am when they're out. I'm the man behind the scenes, not front and center to talk for Justin. So a lot of your concerns seem to be based on how you imagine his life runs.” I tell her.


“It's hard to not wish I was a part of his world.” She tells me.


“He knows he hurt your feelings, but he also only needed an assistant, not someone who would try to butt heads with him when you don't like what he asks of you. It would cause problems between you and Justin. I remember Dad telling me how going back to his old job, under the guy who used to work for him, was a nightmare. In a way, you and Justin would be in the same situation. I actually came to see if you had time to talk to Justin when he gets here. He wanted to see if you wanted a job with the agency he's planning on starting.” I tell her.


“He should be kicking my ass, but instead, finds a way to really make me feel like I was being a bitch.” She groans.


“He thinks you would make a great scout for talent. With the talent agency being based in Pittsburgh, he said he would need someone who can spot talent. Which is rather egotistical of him, since you were the one who recognized his talent.” I joke. “He thinks it’s a job you could do and still be able to raise your family. The perks are, you get to travel, and can bring your family with you while you work. He told me to explain it so you would have time to think about it before he offers it to you.” I tell her.


“I need to talk to Mel, but it’s really an amazing opportunity.” She tells me, excited.


“You won’t be just looking for artists, but anyone who needs representation. Brian wants to include actors and athletes too. From a business perspective it makes sense to have people Kinnetik can pool from when they are looking for people for advertising.” I tell her.


“I want you to know, I’m so proud of the man you became.” She tells me leaning her head on my shoulder.


“I wanted to live, not wait to die. Ben never let HIV be his reason for not having anything he wanted in his life. I couldn’t do anything less than what my dad did, but I didn’t do it for him, but for me. I wanted to live for me and have all the things I thought weren’t possible for me. I’ll never create paintings the way Justin does, but I get to help him show the world his work. He’s giving you the opportunity to help others, the way you helped keep him going when he wasn’t sure he could.” I tell her.


I went to call the next person while Lindsay sat crying. It’s hard not to be emotional when you realize that someone recognizes your abilities. I had to take some deep breaths, before I ended up crying with her.


MICHAEL


I’d been trying not to make Shelby feel like I’m an overbearing father. I can’t help being happy that Hunter found someone who loves him. Hunter always feared that there was no one who could look past the HIV, and see that the disease didn’t make him incapable of being in a relationship. I knew it was possible, I married Ben, not his disease. Shelby became my son when he loved my son. I sat next to him as he sketched on a pad.


It reminded me of watching Justin, who couldn’t sit still without a sketch pad. He seemed uncomfortable with me looking at him drawing Ma and Jen sitting in the kitchen gossiping. I didn’t want him to think I expected him to let me see what he was doing.


“Sorry, I’m so used to the way Justin works. He could sit in a room talking and sketching while we all looked at what he was doing.” I tell him.


“I just don’t have his talent. Most of my paintings or sketches seem to be missing what he does.” He tells me, and I understand what he missed.


“Justin never does anything if he doesn’t feel strongly about it. When we create Rage, you can see how much Justin loves Brian in every detail Justin puts in his panels. I’m not a fine arts fan, but I see the same details in his paintings.” I tell him.


“I wanted to ask you something, it’s kind of personal.” He tells me.


“In this family there’s no such thing as personal. You’re family, so always feel like you can ask anything you want to know.” I tell him.


“Hunter said that you once loved Brian.” He tells me.


“I do, but not the way I thought I did. It took meeting Ben for me to see that while Brian will always be someone I loved for years, Ben gives me more than Brian ever could. I couldn’t be jealous that Brian loved Justin the way Ben loves me.” I tell him.


“Hunter loves me in a way that no one ever has. He’s so alive and willing to put himself out there. He didn’t care what anyone said when he started introducing me to the people he hung out with. Most guys have a problem with introducing a boyfriend, when they were only dating girls before you.” He tells me.


“He was raised in an alternative family. He knew we didn’t care who he brought home, as long as the person treats him well. I was surprised but no less happy, if you’d been a woman I would have welcomed you.” I tell him.


“My family would like to have dinner together with all of you. My mom is dying to plan the wedding.” He tells me.


“I would love to meet your parents, and tell your mother I’m available to plan the wedding. Emmett seems to think he should do it.” I tell him, excited.


JUSTIN


Brian took my phone away before I texted Hunter to death. He handed it to Rachel and dragged me to the bathroom at the airport. I giggled as he pushed me in the stall and locked it when he came in.


“Didn’t we almost get caught the last time we did this?” I ask him.


“It's not my fault you screamed. I was busy doing everything you demanded.” He tells me, pulling my cock out.


“I think I should remind you, it was you being demanding that time.” I tell him, kissing and biting his chest.


“The only thing I said was, Gala seriously needed to up the entertainment if they expected anyone to want to be there.” He tells me, moaning when I took him in my mouth.


I pulled back for a second. “So you followed me to the bathroom to boost their attendance?” I joke, taking him all the way down my throat.


Brian couldn’t not be a smart ass. “We most likely guaranteed next year's attendance. Holy fucking hell!” He yelled, when I nipped and licked the crown of his cock.


He pulled me up and turned me toward the door, putting my hands over the top before thrusting into me. We didn't waste time, since being arrested wasn’t on the agenda for today. I helped by meeting his thrusts, and he helped by stroking my cock. We came together and managed to get dressed before my flight. Rachel stood in front of the door shaking her head at us.


“Don’t you two ever get enough?” She asks.


“There's no such thing as enough.” Brian tells her.


“I'm so taking Gus with me when they get back, God only knows what it will be like after four days without each other.” Rachel tells us.


Brian kissed me until I had to go, which should tell her what's coming when I get back. Gus loves Rachel, so it's all good.