- Text Size +

JUSTIN


Hunter and I finished storing the last piece when Shelby came in and told me that Emmett was here. I left Hunter and Shelby and ran to greet Emmett. Gus was downstairs telling Emmett that I came here to get him so he could be with me and Brian.


“Well, I came because Jus and your dad wanted me to decorate your room here.” He tell Gus.


“Why are you decorating a room for me?” Gus asks.


“Your Dad and I wanted you to have a room for yourself that is just the way you want it. I just need to know which room you want to be yours.” I tell him.


“I like the room I used last night.” He tells me.


“Well you need to tell Emmett how you want it.” I tell him.


“Are we just doing Gus’s room?” Emmett whispers.


“We haven't been told if we need to have a room for a baby yet.” I whisper.


“You and Dad are going to have more kids?” Gus asks.


“Yes we plan to, but we wanted to tell you only if it we were sure it was happening.” I tell him.


Gus ran to his room, and I ran after him. I knew this wasn't going to be easy on him. Like Brian told me, we just have to make Gus understand it doesn't change his place in our lives. I stopped and called Brian so Gus heard it from both of us.


“Sorry to wake you.” I tell Brian, when he sounded groggy.


“What's going on?” Brian asks.


“Gus found out, Emmett and I were talking about decorating Gus’s room, and then Emmett asked if we were decorating for the baby too. Gus asked and I told him, but he ran off. I wanted to have you on the phone so if he wanted to ask you anything he could.” I tell him.


I knocked on the door and went in to see Gus laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He looked upset when he looked at me.


“Gus, nothing will change.” I tell him.


“Everything will. You'll be too busy to do anything. The moms said it wouldn't change anything either, but it changed everything.” He tells me.


“What changed?” Brian asked through the speaker.


“Everyone was too busy fighting about Jenny.” He tells Brian.


“Justin and I aren’t going to fight over a baby. There were a lot of things going on at that time. You know that your Mom and Mama were having problems. Justin and I aren’t in that situation.” Brian tells him.


“They moved me away from you.” He tells us.


“They were scared of what happened here.” I tell him.


“No one else left.” He tells me.


“Gus, I can be there as soon as I can get a flight.” Brian tells him.


“I thought you needed to be in London to work.” Gus tells him.


“If you need me, I’ll be there. It’s what I always promised myself when you were taken to Canada. You’re more important to me than any job.” Brian tells him.


“Gus, you’re right, things are going to change, but as far as your Dad and I are concerned it only means another child to love the way we love you. Did Jenny change that your moms loved you?” I ask.


“I know they love me.” He tells me.


“You want to know why I wanted a child?” I ask him.


“We both wanted more children, not just Justin.” Brian tells us.


“Why?” Gus asks.


“I got to see your father fall in love the first time I met you.” I tell him.


“I thought Dad was to afraid to say it to you. Mom said it took him forever to tell you.” He tells me.


“It wasn’t me he fell in love with, it was you. He looked scared and excited, but he loved you from the minute he held you. It was how I knew he did do love, because this tiny, perfect little boy showed him. Then I got to watch you grow up into the son of my heart. I want to do it all over again, with both you and your Dad.” I tell him.


“Sonny boy, I promise you that if you need me or Jus, that we will always be there for you.” Brian tells him.


“The baby is going to call you Dad.” Gus tells me.


“I don’t know what name we are going to use. I think it would get confusing to call both of us Dad.” I tell him.


“I always think of you as my Dad, but you’re my Jus.” He tells me.


“For me, being your Jus is just as important. It told me that I was special to you.” I tell him, remembering the dream I had.


“I’m going to go tell Emmett how I want my room.” He tells me, running out happy.


“Do you think I need to come?” Brian asks me.


“No, I think he still remembers what happened when Jenny was born. He knows more than they think about what was going on. He was four, and being moved out of his home the day Jenny was born. Then being taken to Canada and away from you. Lindsay and Mel didn’t think what it would seem like to Gus.” I tell him.


“Gus won’t have to worry about that with us. I have a feeling that Gus is going to love our children.” He tells me.


“Go back to bed. I’ll be back in a couple days. Later Brian.” I tell him.


“Later Twat.” He tells me, hanging up.


“I was expecting all sorts of ‘I love you’s’, now that you’re married. Thank you for not making me hear the shit my Dad’s do when they call each other.” Hunter tells me.


“Hunter, it’s sweet that your Dads say it so much.” Emmett tells him, rolling his eyes.


“Brian and I always sort of use ‘Later’ in that way. It’s not like he won’t say it, but I like that it doesn’t become overused to where it’s almost meaningless to say it.” I tell them.


“Gus okay?” Hunter asks.


“He’ll be fine, I think he just needed us to reassure him that another child wouldn’t change his place in our lives.” I tell him.


“If he needs to talk about it, let me know. I had the same problem when Jenny was born.” Hunter tells me.


“Was that why you took off?” Emmett asks.


“I felt like all I did was cause problems. They had this new baby that didn’t come with the crap they got when they took me in. I took off, like the child I was, without giving them a chance.” He tells us.


“At Disney no less, some day you're going to explain how you got to be a dwarf.” I joke.


“Did you need me to stay?” Hunter asks me.


“I just wanted to show you how to organize the paintings when they show up here. Brian is going to have some things delivered here too, but all you have to do is store it in the empty bedroom.” I tell him.


“You know you and Brian are like complete opposites when it comes to organization.” Hunter laughs.


“My studio is organized, I know where everything is.” I tell him.


“Does anyone else?” He jokes.


“Rachel did, you know, the best assistant I had.” I joke.


“She the only one you ever really had, not to worry, I’ll figure out your disorganized organization skills. I’m going to the comic shop, Dad needed me help out, apparently Rage is all the Rage.” He giggles, running when I threw a pillow at him.


“You know, I never got the whole comic thing, but I’m still trying to figure out why Michael's not  doing as well, since they're both based off Rage.” Emmett asks.


“If Michael would get Ken to show more than his abs, trust me, he would see a lot more.” I tell Emmett.


“Jus, I’m hungry.” Gus yells.


“I think everything's okay. My son’s hungry.” I tell Emmett.


“Drew wants to have kids one day.” He tells me, following me down.


“Do you want kids? I always saw you being a father one day.” I tell him.


“I guess, but right now we’re both busy.” He tells me.


“I worried that Brian and I wouldn’t have kids. Stephen didn’t want anything distracting me from what he thought I should be.” I tell him.


“Baby, all he saw was the money he could make. If having kids would have made him more money, he would have had you knock up someone.” He tells me.


We spent the rest of the day looking at furniture for Gus’s room. Gus really didn’t care, but I wanted him to know that what he thought counted. When I dropped him off to spend time with Lindsay and Mel, Michael asked if I wanted to go to Woody’s with him and Ben.


“I will never get how Ma can deal with having people around all the time.” Michael tells me.


“Michael accidently walked in on Lindsay in the bathroom.” Ben tells me.


“Michael, women’s bodies are beautiful too.” I tell him.


“It doesn’t mean I wanted to see the money shot. She was bent over when I walked in. It wasn’t a sight I planned on seeing, ever.” He tells me, grabbing my shot of beam and downing it. “Fuck, I’ll never get how you and Brian drink this shit.” He tells me.


“Okay, I think we need to get drunk, since I’m no longer sure I’ll ever get an erection again.” I tell him, laughing.


“See, I told you Justin would understand.” Michael tells Ben, ordering more shots.