- Text Size +

JUSTIN


I woke up to the sound of banging on the front door.  Brian groaned and put a pillow over his head. Gus came running by, saying he would get the door. Michael and Ben had called to let us know they were going to be here today. Brian with his usual sarcasm told me that I got to entertain the kids while he went to work. I reminded him that he was finished with Youth At Play and we only stayed so Michael could visit. I got up and yanked the pillow off Brian’s head.  Which only meant he grabbed me and pulled me down on top of him. I leaned over and forgot why I needed to get up. Brian does that to me, it took me a second to realize someone was sitting on the  bed with us.


“Michael, there might have been a time Justin and I wouldn’t have cared that you watched, actually there was never a time either of us wanted that.” Brian tells him, kissing his cheek.


“You and Justin would never see the outside of the bedroom if I didn’t save the day.” Michael announces.


“Michael, it’s called fucking up my day, not saving it.” Brian tells him, shoving him off the bed.


“Come on, Ben and I are only here for the day.” Michael tells him, running out.


“If we don’t go out there, he’ll just come back.” I tell Brian.


“If he does, it’s his fault.” Brian tells me, turning me on my back.


He grabs the covers and throws them over us while pushing his hands into the shorts I had on. “I hate getting dressed,” He grumbles at the new sleepwear we decided had to happen when Gus came in one morning,


“Get used to it,” I tell him.


“I’m waiting for a reason to call and tell us.” He tells me.


Brian didn’t waste any time taking off my shorts and pulling his down. He grabbed the lube, and was thrusting home. I didn’t really do anything to stop him, because Michael will die if he tries to stop us. We didn’t stop when we heard Ben telling Michael to leave us alone, it only seemed to have Brian moving faster and groaning louder. Then he pulled out, turning me to my knees and slammed back in, making me the loud one. I ran my hand up and down my cock wanting to cum as Brian came, and keep going. It was a few minutes before I came. Michael yelled it was time to get our asses downstairs.


“Sorry Mikey, we need a shower.” Brian yelled, taking me with him.


When we came downstairs, Michael had food all over the table and the Deb look of sit down and eat on his face.


“I always thought you looked like your dad, but I’m starting to see the resemblance to Deb.” I tell him.


“I’m surprised you two haven’t gone blind.” He tells me.


“Considering that until Ben, you and your hand…” Brian stops when Gus is way to interested in the conversation.


“Have Mel and Lindsay found a place yet?” I ask.


“They can’t seem to agree on a house yet. Lindsay came back to stay with Jenny at our house.” Ben tells us.


“She told me she was excited that you guys were coming home.” Michael tells me.


“Do I still get to stay with you?” Gus asks us.


“All summer, the moms agreed.” Brian reminds him.


Brian’s phone rang and he handed it to Gus who took it confused. “Answer it.” Brian tells him.


Gus answered, talking to the person on the phone. I waited to see what the answer was.


“Well?” Brian asks.


“We’re having a baby.” He tells us, excited.


MICHAEL


Brian and I were walking down the street behind Ben, Gus, and Justin. Gus wanted to show us some of the places he goes with Brian and Justin. It was strange sometimes to see Brian happy about things that he used sneer at.


“How are the plans for Hunter and Shelby going?” Justin asks.


“The only thing we have to figure out is where to have it. Shelby’s parents have never been very religious so we couldn't see having it at a church. Ma tried saying we could have it at her house, but there are too many people coming for that. We might have to let Emmett help soon.” I tell them.


Justin looks at Brian who shrugged at him. “They could use our house, if Hunter and Shelby want to.” Brian tells me.


“Is it even big enough?” I ask.


They both look confused at why I would ask. “We haven't seen it, guys.” I tell them.


“Michael, think about who bought the house.” Justin tells me.


“I'll ask Hunter.” I tell them, like Justin said, Brian bought it.


“You ready to be a father again?” I ask Brian, when we were by ourselves.


“It's one of the reasons I wanted Justin to come home. When he brought it up to me, I liked the idea of a child coming from him. We have Gus, but we missed a lot of his life because he lives with Mel and Lindsay. This way it's ours to screw up.” He tells me.


“Brian you've always been a good father to Gus, I know I sometimes make it sound like you didn’t do anything right when he was growing up, but I found out I didn't know anything either.” I tell him.


“You really think Justin would let me screw up?” He asks.


“I think he's going to be looking to you for answers. You raised all of us, and we might be a little screwed up, but that just makes us interesting.” I joke.


“I keep having dreams that they're here already. It's almost as if they are.” He tells me.


“You really think it's more than one?” I ask.


“If what I dream is true, yes, and they're tiny Justins. They seemed to like keeping me company when Justin was gone.” He tells me.


“Mysterious Marilyn was fucking with you, because you always give her shit.” I tell him.


“Maybe, but she'll be getting more from me if Brent and Jamie aren’t real.” He tells me, walking over to Justin.


“What were you two talking about?” Ben asks.


“Brian thinks he's dreaming about their future kids. He's even named them.” I tell him.


“There have been studies of prophetic dreams.” Ben tells me, seriously.


“Let's just stick to E coming back to haunt him. Anything else just screws with my image of Brian, the skeptic in all things.” I tell him, laughing.


“What did he name them?” Ben asks, curious.


“Brent and Jamie, who apparently hang out with him when Justin’s not here.” I tell him.


“It would be an interesting thing to take bets on. I'm willing to believe he's really meeting his children.” He tells me.


“You really believe in all that stuff? I'll say it's just because Marilyn put it in his head.” I tell him.


“If I'm right, you don't get anything unhealthy for a month.” He tells me.


“If I'm right, tofu doesn’t touch my plate for a month while I gorge on cheeseburgers.” I tell him.


MEL


I finished my last day on the job, and drove away from the place we thought was the answer to everything. I keep thinking about what Justin said, that Lindsay and I aren’t talking to each other. I could just say he and Brian never did either, but in a way, they just didn't talk to talk. Lindsay and I tend to shy away from hurting each other, we did it so often that it became hard to say something I knew would upset her. It wasn’t because she wouldn't listen, but I still remember the look on her face when I cheated on her, I never wanted to do that to her again.


When the thing with Sam happened, I treated her worse than she ever treated me. I was more pissed that it was a man than that she cheated. It's just, if she wanted a man, there was nothing to offer her to stay. I had a hard time with it even after we moved. Anytime she looked at other men I worried that this could be the one she leaves with, never looking back at me again. It was strange that Michael was the one who helped me deal with it.


We were all out with the kids when a guy who worked at the gallery with Lindsay came up to say hi to her. Lindsay and the guy were talking about a show coming up, and Justin’s last show together. I remember watching how animated she became and it bothered me. She wasn't flirting, just talking. Michael must have called my name a few times while I was watching them, because he stepped in front of me, blocking what I was watching.


“Did you say something?” I ask.


“No, I just thought Lindsay and that guy might get worried if they saw the look you were giving them.” He tells me.


“I was just thinking.” I tell him, trying to ignore that he caught me.


“That looked more like you thought something more than a conversation was going on.” He tells me.


“It feels like there are parts of her that I never bring out.” I tell him.


“You don’t, but it's why you have friends to make up for the things you don't have in common. Ben has friends he talks to, when truthfully, it would bore me to tears listening. I would love to say I'm all he needs, but I'm just not into all the debates he and his professors like. He can only listen to me talk comics in small doses. Look at Emmett and Drew, or really all of us, we each have other people we talk to about things that our partners aren’t interested in.” He tells me.


“I don’t mind talking about art with her.” I tell him.


“I'm sure she doesn’t mind hearing about your cases either. It's just not her passion the way art isn't yours. We all might listen but sometimes you need someone who understands it the way you do.” He tells me.


“She never talked to Justin the way she’s talking to him.” I tell him.


“She never got as far as Justin did, it’s probably not easy to talk to someone who achieved everything you didn’t.” He tells me.


“I still have a hard time with Sam and her.” I tell him.


“You have to decide if you can trust her, otherwise why are you still together?” He asks me.


“I sometimes want to ask Brian how he got over it.” I tell him.


“He knew that Justin loved him, but they were drifting apart. Brian blames himself as much as Justin blames himself. I blamed Justin, but the truth is if I had been in Justin’s situation, I would have looked for someone else too. It's hard enough to be in a relationship when you do talk to each other, but it's harder when you hide your feelings. I think for them, they both knew there was equal blame to go around. You can’t have a scorecard if you want a relationship to work. Lindsay could look at you the way you looked at her every time you talk to another woman that isn’t her, but I've never seen it. Mel, sometimes it's really just talking about common interests.” He tells me.


I couldn’t argue that he was wrong, but it seems I still hold back from saying things when it could hurt either of us to hear it. Justin told me I was missing out on a better relationship because of it. I have to wonder if we'd still be in Canada if Lindsay hadn't finally said it out loud.