- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

In an attempt to keep Brian from murdering his best friend, I suggest the most dreaded thing I could come up with, and actually managed to get it out of my mouth.

 

“We need to get Hunter a suit for his wedding.” I say, wanting to stab myself, after the birthday shopping spree.

 

“Like Pittsburgh has what he should wear.” He grumbles.

 

“I sort of got invited to show in the show in Italy. So you know, you could take Hunter to get it as our present, after he sets up the show. We’ll be back three days before the wedding. Or you and I could stop off in New York and check on Sarah, then we’ll come home in time to watch.” I tell him.

 

“Come here.” He tells me, pointing to his lap.

 

“I’m offering shopping in Rome and you think that deserves a spanking?” I ask, but then decide why not, crawling across his lap.

 

“No spanking, since you like it.” He tells me, unzipping me.

 

“Wait, I don’t get spanked, which I like, because I’m taking you to ROME.” I tell him, getting up.

 

“How about I shut up.” He tells me, unzipping himself and rearranging me so I could use my legs for leverage.

 

I shut him up by tangling my tongue with his, then lifted to take all of him in me. We were really just too involved in each other to hear the door opening and people coming in. I was almost there, and decided Michael didn’t deserve the help I was going out of my way to keep him alive with, when the door to the office started opening.

 

“Fucking open that door and Hunter will be fatherless!” Brian shouted, but didn’t stop my expressway to orgasam.

 

“Jesus, how do either of them get anything done?” Michael tells whoever came with him.

 

“Like this.” Brian tells me, thrusting up into me, slamming me into the desk.

 

“Faster.” I whisper, trying not to scream the way I would if my house was empty.

 

“Michael get away from the door!” Emmett shouts.

 

“I was, but it sounded like something fell.” He tells Emmett.

 

“I’m going to murder the idiot who thought the wedding should be here.” Brian tells me lifting me to the desk and power thrusting.

 

“Hi, idiot.” I said, screaming as I came on us.

 

“I’m only half of the idiot team.” He tells me, holding still while cumming.

 

BRIAN

 

As half the team, it became my job to deal with what had Mikey showing up to the house when Justin and I were in the middle of, well what we’re always in the middle of when I get him alone.

 

“Why are you here?” I ask, determined to get them out and see if Justin needs help in the shower.

 

“I wanted to remeasure the backyard, Mary and I thought it would be a good idea to put a tent out there because of the bugs.” Mikey tells me.

 

“It didn’t required coming IN the house to get to the back of the house.” Emmett reminds him.

 

“I also needed to talk to Justin about something Ben told me to. I didn’t think I’d find you two going at it again.” Mikey tells me.

 

“What did Ben tell you that you need to ask Justin?” I ask him.

 

“I want to ask him before you find out.” He tells me, as if it’s something I won’t like.

 

“Mikey, there is nothing you could ask Justin that I don’t probably already know, since Justin and I do talk to each other.” I tell him.

 

“He wants to know if I’m really planning on not doing Rage anymore.” Justin tells me, as he walks into the living room.

 

“Why do you want to stop?” Mikey asks him.

 

“I have more important things that are going to need my attention. If I keep everything the way it is then our children will end up being raised by other people.” He tells Michael.

 

“Did you know?” Michael asks, and starts getting upset.

 

“No, but I’m not surprised that Justin would pick Rage as one of the things he’s giving up. He was never as into comics as you were. He only did it because it was the way you and him could find something outside of me to have in common. I think you both don’t needed that to be the friends you are now.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t plan for Rage to disappear, but possibly continue on with a different illustrator and you as the writer again. It doesn’t have to be Shelby, but I wanted you to see that Rage can be drawn by someone other than me.” Justin tells him.

 

“We do it better when you and I talk about the stories together. You kept me from turning Rage into another Captain Astro. When I was scared to throw it in their faces, you were the one who asked me if we just wanted to be another comic or be the comic we told ourselves we were writing. I’ve always thought we’d do it together.” Mikey tells him.

 

“I’m not going anywhere, and when you need me to kick your ass or tell you the story line is idiotic, trust me, it will be my pleasure.” Justin smirks.

 

Justin took Michael out back to talk, while Emmett and I went to get a drink. He gulped the first one down, choking since it wasn’t one of his fruity specials.

 

“I almost killed Lindsay.” He tells me.

 

“Why?” I ask.

 

“You know Michael had to discuss this with everyone, because to him this was like Captain Astro dying. Well, Lindsay had to add in her two cents, she said Justin should have quit the comic, his art was too important for him to be taking time to live Michael’s silly dream. I know she didn’t mean it to sound the way it came out, but it made Michael feel like Justin was spitting on Rage. I tried to tell Michael it was more about the babies, not about thinking Rage was a waste of the Artist’s time.” Emmett tells me.

 

I waited until they left to ask Justin about it. I knew he’d been having a hard time juggling all the commitments he had, and eventually would have to stop trying to do everything, to be able to give attention to the things that were important in our lives. I planned to help him, but he’s always wanted to do everything without putting anyone else’s life out.

 

“You could’ve stopped helping on the campaigns at Kinnetik. Murph can handle it, and only call you when he really needed you. He only calls because he likes working with you.” I tell him.

 

“I like what I do with Murph.” He tells me, getting things out for dinner.

 

“Why Rage?” I ask, not really caring one way or the other about it.

 

“Because Michael could do it and it wouldn’t turn into crap. It’s more because I never saw it going on this long. When I took over I only did it so I could pay for things, but now it’s time I could spend on our dreams and our life.” He tells me.

 

“I don’t plan on leaving raising the boys to you.” I tell him.

 

“I didn’t think you did, but if I keep Rage then I’m stuck with deadlines that I would rather not have. Even with your campaigns, Murph can finish what we do together, if I need to do something else. My painting is up to me when I show it. It’s not like when I first started to have shows, I had to meet their deadlines, now they either wait or I don’t do the shows. I like the freedom everything but Rage gives me. I didn’t just wake up and decide this. I looked at everything and made the decision based on what would work for us. I’ll always love Rage, but I don’t need it the way Michael does, for me painting is what I need. Michael’s fine now that he knows that I’ll be there if he needs me to talk through a storyline.” He tells me.

 

“I don’t care if Michael is okay. I care that you're doing this because you want to, not because you feel like I won’t help with our children.” I tell him.

 

“I know you’re going to help, we’ve been raising Gus together. You do more than I do for Gus, so it’s never been a question that you’ll be a great father to Brent and Jamie.” He tells me.

 

“You finally said their names.” I tell him.

 

“I’m still trying to figure out why those names.” He tells me.

 

“It’s the names they said we were going to name them anyway. I like they’ll each have our initials.” I tell him.

 

“Only you would think BJ was something to name a kid.” He tells me, giggling.

 

“Well twat, according to them if you’d named them it would have been worse than Abraham.” I tell him, smirking.

 

MEL

 

We were going to have one of those conversations where Lindsay wouldn’t like what she hears. I couldn’t believe the way she put down Michael’s comic. I know we all make fun of his love of comics, but it’s never to hurt him, and he will make jokes about it himself. What Lindsay said made it seem like the comic that put money in JR’s account was a waste of time. I waited until we were home to say anything, because I didn’t want to embarrass everyone when Lindsay might not understand why what she said was wrong.

 

“You’ve been quiet.” Lindsay comments, when the kids ran play with the neighbor’s kids.

 

“I didn’t want to say what I thought of what you said to Michael, in front of everyone.” I tell her.

 

“He really thinks Justin’s career is less important than a comic that should have ended years ago.” She tells me, brushing off the work Michael and Justin put into the comic, a successful one.

 

“It wasn’t about Justin’s career, but a comic they have done together for years. Justin wanting to stop would be a major thing for them.” I tell her.

 

“I’m sure Justin will let Michael continue it, but Michael was acting like it was the end of the world.” She tells me.

 

“How would you feel if someone told you your work was a silly job?” I ask her.

 

“My job will give people a chance to make it in their fields, not draw a cartoon.” She tells me, still not understanding.

 

“Michael’s comic put enough money in JR’s account that if Brian hadn’t contributed with us, she would still have more than enough to go to college. It’s something important to Michael and you made it sound as if it shouldn’t be.” I tell her.

 

“I didn’t mean for him to think I didn’t see it as important. I just didn’t understand why Michael thinks only Justin could do it.” She tells me.

 

“It’s something Michael and Justin did together that wasn’t about Brian. I know Rage was based on their lives, but in the end it gave Michael a way to be friends with Justin, apart from everyone else. Justin had a different relationship with each of us, but it was harder when Michael was jealous of Justin’s relationship with Brian. When they did the comic, they were able to bond with each other and not see each other as the enemy. Michael’s always been afraid of change, and this means he loses something that he had with Justin. It’s about more than Justin not wanting to do the comic.” I tell her.

 

“Shit, I guess I should apologize. All I could see was Michael acting like the world was coming to an end. Truthfully, I never got why Justin did it.” She tells me.

 

“It wasn’t something for you to get. It had absolutely nothing to do with you.” I tell her.

 

“I care about Justin.” She argues.

 

“Then care, but keep your opinions to yourself.” I tell her.

 

 

Lindsay got up and walked to the bedroom, slamming the door. It was nothing new, until she opened the door and looked at me. “I just need a minute, I know you're right, but it still hurts to hear.” She tells me, closing the door quietly this time.