- Text Size +

BRIAN

 

Life was moving on, not as fast as I wanted it to, but today we were going to find out the sex of the boys. Not that I needed to find out, even with everyone doubting me. Sarah kept us informed of all the noteworthy moments, I planned to feel our sons moving today. The ultrasound had been pushed back because of shows Justin had, so we were here at the six month marker, instead of earlier.

 

“I guess I owe my nurse, she won the bet. It's boys.” The doctor tells us.

 

“Michael is going to be eating tofu for a month.” Justin giggles.

 

“Why he ever doubted me will always be a mystery. I’m always right.” I tell them, basking in once again being proven right.

 

“Don’t listen to Dad, he told me women would be falling at my feet, so far Lisa just says I smell like feet.” Gus tells Sarah’s stomach.

 

“Sonny boy, it takes time for the Kinney charm to work it’s magic. It had Jus chasing me all over the place until he caught me.” I tell him.

 

“Mama said it was because Jus felt sorry for you.” Gus smirks Brian’s smirk at him.

 

“I really did, he was really old when I met him.” I joke.

 

“As old as you are now.” I told Justin.

 

“We can argue if you want, but you weren’t twenty-eight when we meet.” Justin tells me.

 

“You won’t be in a couple of weeks.” I tell him.

 

I kissed the stomach that carried the next loves of my life, before getting the video of our boys, showing us that like their father, they were ready to take on the world. We flew back, because Mel and Lindsay agreed that this was important for Gus and missing one day of school wasn’t as big a deal as seeing his siblings. Justin stayed at Lindsay’s and Mel’s when I told him I needed to talk to a client. I went to Woody’s where Michael was waiting. Justin’s birthday tended to be us doing what he wanted, but this year I wanted to make a bigger deal out of it. Michael was convinced that we should have both Justin and Ben’s parties together. I was good with the idea because Justin never likes to be the center of attention.

 

Emmett, Ted, Drew, and Blake were there arguing with Michael, most likely because he’s thought of something crazier than his past ideas.

 

“I don’t see why you guys think it would suck. The whole family didn’t get to see them get married and Ben and I could do it again too.” Michael tells everyone, as I sit down.

 

“I thought we were here to talk about throwing a birthday party, not a wedding?” I ask Michael.

 

“We could propose at their birthday party and have a renewing of vows for everyone. Most of us didn’t get to see you two get married.” Michael tells me.

 

“Then watch the video, we are not planning your birthday, but our partners.” I tell him.

 

“I… can’t believe I’m going to say this out loud, but I’m out of ideas.” Michael admits, defeated.

 

“Shocking, after all the many crazy ideas you came up with for Hunter’s wedding.” Ted teases.

 

“I don’t understand why you two want to plan Ben and Justin’s birthdays together. They don’t even like the same things.” Blake tells us.

 

“Justin’s never liked being the center of attention. The first year, I ignored his birthday, getting him a hustler instead. He told me later he would have been fine with it being us spending the day together. Which we’ve done every year. This year everything in our lives has changed for the better and I want to do more than eat dinner together. Ben and Justin might like different things but they both deserve for Michael and I to continue to show them they mean more to us than our friendship.” I tell him.

 

“Ben sort of said he didn’t want a big party.” Michael said glumly.

 

“He’s probably saving himself from the graveyard.” Emmett jokes.

 

“Yeah, that one would have had me digging you a grave.” I tell Michael.

 

“At least it wasn’t the dinner party Lindsay wanted.” Michael argues.

 

“Or Justin reenacting the King of Babylon.” Ted rolls his eyes at Michael.

 

“Who veto that idea?” Drew asks.

 

“I did, because Brian told me he’d kill anyone thinking they got to see Baby’s ass.” Emmett tells Drew.

 

“Or suggest Death parties or dinner parties.” Ted adds.

 

“How did you know?” Michael asks.

 

“That my two best friends suck at planning anything, because you two invited me to all your stupid ideas.” I tell him.

 

“Then you suggest something if you think you're any better.” Michael tells me, glaring.

 

“I’m glad you finally realized I’m the genius at this. Someone doubted me until we got away from the plans you guys discussed.” I tell Michael, patting his head.

 

“We’re waiting for you to show us your genius.” Emmett taunts.

 

“Drew you want to do the honors?” I ask.

 

“Sure, it will show Emmett party planning isn’t just something he’s capable of. The owner of the Ironmen is lending me his yacht, which was designed to throw after parties for the team and families. Brian and I are going to have the best party planner in the business get the yacht  ready for a weekend cruise, where we can all relax and celebrate the births of Michael and Brian’s husbands. Which Justin and Ben will appreciate, because it won’t be anything that could shock the kids, unlike Michael and the strip contest. Which by the way, Brian and I were not going to do with you. It would just embarrass you, Michael.” Drew tells him, laughing.

 

“Why did you even act like we were planning this together? You and Drew already decided.” Michael  threw up his hands.

 

“We both knew you’d keep trying to turn this into another party where nothing goes according to plan, so like always, I made the decision to save my sanity.” I tell him.

 

“We are going to have a cake, right?” Michael asks.

 

“Yes, but no strippers popping out of them, Michael.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Is there some reason the stripper theme keeps coming up?” I ask.

 

“We don’t know, Michael keeps suggesting it.” Emmett tells us.

 

“What’s going on?” Ted asks Michael.

 

“I know he loves me, but it’s like he isn’t interested lately.” Michael tells them.

 

“He’s been working a lot since you got back, he could just be tired Michael.” Blake tells him.

 

“Maybe, but I was reading that it helps if you rekindle the flame.” Michael tells us, and all I could think was ‘Why God? Why it was me and not Justin?’ At least he can fake caring about this shit.

 

“Just because you're not having sex everyday doesn’t mean anything.” Ted tells him.

 

“Sometimes life gets in the way.” Emmett tells him.

 

“You and Drew have days at a time where you don’t have sex?” Michael asks.

 

“When he’s away, yeah.” Emmett tells him, realizing that wasn’t helping.

 

“I’m sure there are times when Brian and Justin have down days.” Ted tells Michael, trying to help.

 

“Do you?” Michael asks.

 

“Yeah, you know, like when you show up and monopolize our day, we only manage twice instead of the four or five times a day.” I tell him.

 

“Maybe he found someone who interests him more.” Michael tells us, worried.

 

“Have you asked? Next time you see him, ask him. It would probably be better than sitting here whining to us about it.”  I tell him.

 

“It’s, well, um, I think it’s that we do the same thing all the time and he’s bored.” Michael admits.

 

“I could see that, but add something new.” Emmett tells him.

 

“He seems to like being the top.” Michael tells us.

 

“Not always.” I snort.

 

“You do.” Michael tells me.

 

“Not always.” I tell him.

 

“I love receiving, but it doesn’t mean I don’t like to top too.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Blake and I are verse, so it just depends on the mood.” Ted tells him.

 

“You’ve topped before Michael, so just throw your man down and show him.” Emmett tells him.

 

Michael got up, saying he was opening his store early because a new comic was coming out. I left to get Justin, because I wasn’t in the mood to discuss their boring sex lives. I got to my car to see Michael standing there.

 

“I thought you needed to go.” I tell him.

 

“Do you like when Justin tops?” He asks.

 

“I like when Justin wants to have sex, how it happens doesn’t matter.” I tell him.

 

“How do you two keep it from becoming routine?” He asks, making me wish I was having the very unroutine sex Justin and I have together.

 

“The mechanics are routine but we both find ways to make the scenery different. Use your imagination to give Ben a change of scenery.” I tell him.

 

“Did he like it when he was with you?” Michael asks, not sounding jealous like in the past.

 

“He didn’t hate it.” I tell him.

 

“What if I disappoint him? I’m asking because I’ve never heard a guy complain in the past about sex with you, except the asshole you were afterwards.” He tells me.

 

“Mikey, you know your best buddy Justin, no one complained when he topped either. He’s more likely to tell you what you need to know, being the helpful twat he is.” I tell him, getting in the car.

 

Michael went back into Woody’s, no doubt to get more unhelpful advice. I’m sure Ben is going to love the conversations at the diner tomorrow morning. As usual the whole bar was listening, and texting the gay grapevine that the professor and Mikey aren’t having sex.