- Text Size +

BRIAN


Justin was happy to go to dinner at Deb’s, it's something he really missed. So was sitting around with all our friends, kidding around. He brought Rachel with us, he told her it was time to further her education. He really just likes that she deflects people when he loses himself in his work. I like that Rachel understands her job. Justin found Rachel when he was setting up a show working at a gallery. She seemed to know what he needed before he did, but she wasn't starstruck the way the other people were when Justin showed up. When the show was over Justin dragged me over to meet her and thanked her for all her help. I could tell she was used to helping but being forgotten afterwards, but Justin always made a point of giving people credit for what they did. It was about a month later when Justin called bitching about someone Stephen hired to help out, that was when I asked why he wasn't hiring his own assistant.


“It's why I kept Cynthia around, she made my life easier without needing to question everything I did.” I told him.


“It's just, this guy is constantly asking about things that I know Stephen wants to know. Stephen asks and when I don't answer the way he wants, Tyler asks again, like he can get the answer.” He told me.


“Hire someone who understands that both Stephen and they, work for you.” I told him.


It was a week later Rachel started answering Justin’s calls. It was also when Stephen needed to start worrying, because Rachel had Justin seeing how much Stephen tried to interfere in Justin’s life. Rachel took over Justin’s schedule, and when she and Cynthia scheduled our time together, Stephen didn’t have a say in it. Justin got a thrill out of watching Stephen squirm when tiny Rachel would reshuffle Justin’s schedule if it interfered with what Justin wanted. Justin dealt with Stephen well at first, but as time went on he only stayed because they had a contract and Stephen delivered. I knew Justin was going to end their association, but didn't want to do anything until the contract expired. If Stephen had been smarter he would have followed Rachel’s example and done what his boss asked him, not fight him on it. I'm waiting for Justin to figure out that Rachel could run his career the way Justin wants.


“Mr Kinney, I called Cynthia and managed to get it so Justin will only be unavailable for two days due to a few parties he needs to attend. I have him booked on the shuttle to fly back for the dinner your clients have planned. After the show Justin will be free for the rest of your time in London.” She tells me.


“Rachel put down the planner. Tonight's family night.” Justin tells her.


“Why did I have to come? You know Mr Novotny gets on my nerves.” She tells him.


“You like Deb,Ted, and Emmett, and Michael just takes getting used to. You can stare at Ben when Michael gets to be too much, it's how I managed not to kill Michael when he nagged me.” Justin tells her. “Get over it, if you were there no one else mattered.” He tells me, when I glare at him.


“Mr Bruckner is handsome.” Rachel smirks at me.


“Are you ever going to call me Brian, if you're going to be around me I really think it’s time to get past ‘Mr. Kinney’.” I tell her. When both of them snicker, I realize she’s been doing this on purpose.


“Sure Brian, I just wanted to show respect to my elders.” She laughed with the twat.


“Justin only calls me that when he gets spanked.” I tell her, as she blushes.


Rachel raced out of the car as soon as we pulled in. Justin shook his head at me. “Mr Kinney is also when you do especially well at blowing me.” Justin pulls me to him, and who cares about dinner.


Justin climbed over the middle of the seat and I pushed it back so he could settle in my lap. Justin was grinding against me while trying to make sure his tongue was tickling my tonsils. I held his ass and guided him so he applied the right pressure. I was reaching down to unzip him when there was a banging noise, we both turned our heads, confused, and saw Mikey eyeing us before he opened the door and sat in Justin’s seat.


‘You know there was a time when I might have wanted to see this, but not when everyone is waiting for dinner. A dinner that Ma won’t serve because her Sunshine isn’t there to eat it.” Mikey tells us.


“You wanted to see me and Brian fucking?” Justin asks.


“Only for purely professional reasons, I mean I was writing you two having all sorts of sex. Which would have been easier if I knew, like say, does Brian yell ‘yeah JT do it like that, you know I love it when you lick my tonsils while the whole family watches you try to screw me in the front seat’, then I wouldn’t have had to think up what twisted shit you two do.” He tells us, jumping out when Justin tries to smack him.


Justin kisses me and leaps out after Mikey and chases him yelling “At least it’s not ‘Oh Benny, wear that Captain Astro cape it so turns me on.”


“I thank Buddha every day that I’ve never heard that from Michael.” Ben tells me, laughing at our husbands.


“I would thank you, if you’d kept Mikey out of my car.” I tell him, adjusting and thinking of anything to get rid the hard on.


“I think I found a use for Mr Novotny.” Rachel informs me. “He keeps you and Justin from forgetting anyone else is around.” She tells me, as she goes in.


I walked in to see Justin fixing his plate and stuffing his face. I sat next to him, eating a salad and some of the stuff from Justin’s massive amount of food. Hunter and Shelby showed up late and of course Hunter acted hurt that Deb didn’t wait for her favorite grandson to show up.


“Hunter, I learned years ago from Sunshine and Brian that you just start eating or we could be waiting all night for them to surface. Apparently you're learning too much from the two of them.” Deb tells him, kissing his cheek.


“I see blondie still can eat like a pig and not gain a pound.” Hunter teases Justin.


“It goes to my ass, then I let Brian make sure it doesn’t stay there.” Justin tells him, making everyone laugh.


“Ben makes me go to the gym, he said that with the crap I put in my body I’ll end up bigger than your ass.” Mikey snickers.


“Honey, we all would love to have that ass. I swear, mine is going so far south, it’s just not perky anymore.” Emmett tells us.


“I’ll still love it when it ends up at your ankles.” Drew tells him.


“While I love you too, Drewsie, if it ever ends up there, than you didn’t do what Brian obviously does for Baby.” Emmett teases Drew.


“I’m still trying to figure out how the two of them haven’t collapsed from exhaustion.” Ted tells us.


“We tried your viagra and realized it wasn’t really all that different from a normal day for us.” Justin tells him.


“I knew it, I remember Justin barely being able to sit for days.” Emmett giggles.


“And Ted not being able to get to go down until he got to the backroom. I don’t think that guy ever showed his face in Babylon again.” Mikey tells everyone.


“Not my finest moment, but at that point I was just happy not to be wearing a trench coat in the middle of summer. There were way too many people eyeing me like I was a flasher.” Ted tells us.


“Are you guys always like this?” Shelby asks, smiling.


“Always, but I’m getting such an education.” Rachel tells him, laughing.

“Baby Two, if you’re going to be around, you have to just jump in.” Emmett tells Shelby.


“Don’t try to win against Boy Wonder, he just gets more devious. Like oh... killing Rage.” Mikey tells everyone.


“Michael, it’s time to get over it. Zephyr was going to be the one to save the day.” Justin tells him.


“Really, a candlelight vigil is when you and I need to talk about reality and fantasy, Mr Novotny.” Rachel tells him, before laughing.


“It was for the fans, really they were waiting for me to save our hero.” Mikey tells them.


JUSTIN


I was helping Deb clean up the kitchen, I’ve never been able to leave the busboy behind when I get near Deb. Shelby came over and offered to help, I handed him a towel and finished washing the pan I left to soak.


“Was it hard to go from painting to drawing panels?” Shelby asks me.


“Not really, but I loved not always doing only one form of art. I worked as an intern for Brian at one time, helping create boards, which was easier because of learning to do panels for Rage.” I tell him.


“I’m still having problems when we do free hand paintings. It’s easy when they give us a subject but when they tell us we needed to paint what we want, I tend to have a hard time with it.” He tells me.


“Brian is the subject of a lot of my paintings. It’s easier when you use what feeds your need to draw something. Brian inspires me.” I tell him.


“He’s not in all your paintings, at least I don’t see it.” He tells me.


“He’s there, but you have to find him. I don’t mean he’s actually drawn in them, just that a lot of my work comes from something he might say that interested me.” I tell him.


“I read that you almost didn’t continue to be an artist.” He tells me.


“I almost gave up, but Brian and another friend wouldn’t let me give up. It took a while for me to understand that being bashed didn’t mean having to give up what I loved to do.” I tell him.


“Hunter told me not to bring it up, but it’s really amazing that you didn’t let it stop you.” He tells me.


“Brian would tell you I’m unstoppable, but at the time I couldn’t handle anything. I started having trouble controlling my anger and having too many people near me. Brian wouldn’t let me hide, but made me face that I was giving up on something that is like breathing to me.” I tell him.


“I want to be able to create the way you do, but it’s like I can’t translate what I see onto the  canvas. My teacher told me I’m not putting myself in it.” He tells me.


“You have to be able to leave a part of you in what you create. It’s your vision, so it’s going to be personal. I’ve had things that I wanted to trash because it wasn’t what I thought it would look like, but I put it aside and mess with Rage or draw up an idea for whatever campaign Brian is working on. It makes it easier to go back and see where I was going with the painting. I recently met someone who was an example that love isn’t fleeting, but grows, it made me itch to show it. She talked about her life and I could hear how much she loved her life and the man she’s been with all her life. To me she deserves a place in history because her story needed to be told. Find inspiration in the things around you.” I tell him.

 

Shelby dried the last dish and smiled at Hunter talking to everyone. “I get it.” He tells me.