- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

First of all, I want to warn you about this chapter. It's going to be tough...and I hope I'll still have some of you left by the end of it. Approach with caution.

 

 

Sweet Temptation

Evan followed Brian into the bedroom of his suite, like he owned the place.

"Is that a tear?"

For the second time, in the span of five minutes, Brian attacked Evan. They crushed over a chair, tumbling to the floor.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't punch you."

"It's okay to be scared, Brian. I know you want it. I know you promised fidelity to your hellcat, but he's not here."

Brian slammed his fist next to Evan's head. "Can you have the decency to at least stop bringing Justin up every five seconds?"

"Feeling guilty?" Evan teased.

"Feeling like the shit that I am." He rolled on his back, glaring at the ceiling.

"When's the last time you bottomed?"

Brian covered his face with his hands, clawing at his skin. "It's none of your business."

"You mentioned that spitfire of yours fucks you quite often."

Brian sat up, straddling Evan's thighs. "Stop. Talking. About. Justin!"

"Yet, I don't see you throwing me out of your room."

Brian scrubbed at his face, trying to rationalize the situation.

"Admit it. You're curious. You still feel something." Evan sneaked a hand in Brian's hair, pulling him down.

Brian turned his head on time. Evan's lips collided with his jaw.

"Don't kiss me."

"Aw, that's so sweet," Evan cooed sarcastically. "Now, fuck your hetero rules and kiss me." Holding Brian's head in his hands, he pressed their lips together.

Brian only struggled for a moment, before sagging into the feeling, allowing the memories of Evan and himself swallow him whole.

Their first time in the hotel bathroom on that trip to Dallas.

The urgent fucking against every piece of furniture in Evan's suite.

Spending the night at Evan's place back in Pittsburgh.

Waking up next to the most infuriating man he'd ever known.

Fucking in his office, against his desk, on his desk.

"I missed you too, Brian."

Brian tore away from Evan, sitting up and wiping his mouth. To his horror, he could feel tears in his eyes. At that moment, he wasn't sure why he felt like crying—maybe because he was minutes away from breaking Justin's trust in him, maybe because deep inside of him there was still a tiny part of his heart clinging to his past with Evan.

Taking a shaky breath, Brian stood up, helping Evan to his feet. "It's going to happen only once. And that's it. Never again."

"Never is a long time." Evan stroked Brian's cheek.

"Deal with it." Brian tore the duvet off the bed, crawling in the middle, throwing the pillows to the floor with vengeance. "And Justin is NEVER to hear about this. I'll murder you if he finds out."

"Now who's bringing him in the discussion?" Evan stood at the foot of the bed, languorously stroking his dick.

Brian snatched the bottle of lube from the nightstand, chucking it at Evan's head, sad when his companion caught it mid-air.

"I'd like a slight change in our agreement." Evan crawled over Brian's body. "I'm going to get my fill of you until we leave. That's two more days. Clothes are optional and overrated."

"I think..."

"...that's a wonderful idea," Evan hinted.

"I don't..."

"Brian, resistance is futile. You want this. We agreed on that." As he spoke, Evan poured liberal amounts of lube on his fingers, slowly breaching Brian.

"E-e-van!"

"I know. It feels good."

It had been a few days since Justin had the pleasure of topping him, but it didn't mean he wasn't any less tight. He appreciated that Evan was careful and like always, took his time to prepare him.

Only when Evan lifted his ass on his lap, did Brian realize that he hadn't taken his usual position with his face burrowed into the pillows. The thought of trusting Evan on such a level scared him to no end.

"Fuck!" They both cursed when Evan pushed into him.

"You feel so tight."

Rolling his eyes, Brian lifted his hips impatiently. "You feel so big."

"Ready?"

"While I'm still young...and you still alive," Brian muttered, wrapping one leg over Evan's waist. "Just fuck me."

"Impatient?" Evan pulled out all the way, before slamming into Brian, who arched off the bed, groaning in pleasure. "I still know how to extract those sounds out of you."

"Don't stop."

"I'm not planning on ever stopping, Brian." Evan braced on either side of his head, claiming his mouth in a deep kiss as he started fucking him, making up for the too many years spent apart.

oOo

Justin was pacing the length of the living room, rubbing absently at his chest.

"You know the weather is bad down there. Stop pacing. You're giving me a headache," Izzy demanded.

"I have this odd feeling. It hurts here." He pressed his thumb to the center of his chest. "Do you think I'm having a heart-attack?"

"It won't surprise me with the way you've been acting."

"I'm serious, Isabelle!"

"I'm serious, too! Look, Brian left you that voice mail. You know he's fine."

"He said to text him when I saw the message. I did. Albeit it was five in the morning, but thirty hours have passed and he hasn't answered!"

"Maybe he was lucky to get reception at the moment he called you?"

"Fuck. Do you suppose I should see a doctor? It hurts."

Izzy groaned, getting up from the couch. "Sit down. Drink some water." She brought him a bottle. "You worry too much."

"I need to know he's okay."

"I'm sure he is."

"And he's with that asshat there," Justin mumbled, sipping from the water.

"That's the actual problem. His ex...boss? Christ. You're insane. You do need a doctor—for your head."

"I'm going to lie down." Justin closed himself in his room. "I'll try one more time," he whispered to himself, dialing Brian's number. He waited for him to pick up with baited breath.

When the call connected, Justin refrained from squealing. Though, before he could say anything, he heard more than he ever wanted.

"That was my phone." He heard Brian's out of breath voice.

"Was being the key word." An all too familiar voice laughed.

"Get off! It's still lit up. Justin!"

Justin swallowed his tears. He wished he hadn't tried so hard to contact Brian.

"Stop, Evan! You broke it. I can't hear anything. Oh, fuck... STOP. Mhmm... oh, God."

Justin felt sick. He hurled his phone to the wall, screaming at the top of his lungs.

Izzy rushed into the room, staring in horror at her roommate.

"Justin?" She whispered, unsure if it was wise to approach him.

He fell to his knees, sobbing into his hands.

"Oh, God! What happened? Is Brian...? Did something happened?" She was by his side in a second, rubbing his back.

With tears leaking from his eyes, Justin turned to her. "He's cheating. With Evan. Excuse me. I have to barf." He made a hasty retreat to the bathroom, emptying his stomach in the bowl.

In that moment he knew why his chest hurt. He knew that deep inside of him, he was aware of Brian's extracurricular activities.

Even though he'd promised. He broke his promise.

Brian, the only person who never broke a promise, destroyed Justin's trust in him.

Justin had never felt so lonely and heartbroken. For the first time in his life, he understood why people self-harmed, though he wasn't that stupid.

He could do it.

He could get past this.

The thought of forgetting Brian, of kicking him out of his life, brought a new wave of nausea.

"Do you need anything?" Izzy knocked twice.

"Alone," Justin croaked, curling in the corner of the bathroom, resuming sobbing.

oOo

"My phone!" Brian shouted, slapping at Evan's wandering hands.

"Use mine."

"I bet you'd love to have Justin's number. In your dreams."

"Territorial much?"

"I don't share my toys."

"That's not what I heard."

"My policy is one fuck only. Except when it comes to Justin, of course," Brian said, shaking his phone. There was a crack in the middle of the screen. It blinked back to life if only for a second, before shutting off. "Fucking piece of shit."

Evan saved the phone before it could meet the floor again. "Don't take it out on it. I swear, I didn't mean to send it flying to the floor."

"Well, you did. Do you have any idea how worried he's been?" Brian's eyes fell on the land line phone. He grabbed the cordless receiver, dialing, cursing himself for not thinking of that sooner.

It went straight to voice-mail. "Sunshine, my phone is broken. I feel like some higher force is keeping us from talking. Listen, I'll see you in a few hours. My plane lands at six... I miss you."

"How touching." Evan snorted when Brian hung up.

"Fuck off, Steele."

"Do you want me to buy you a new phone?"

"I want you to...stop interfering. We're going back. This stops here. It has been...a fun couple of days."

"Fun? It's been the best days I had since I left you in my condo."

"Evan, for fuck's sake. Stop. We're done."

To Brian's surprise and relief, Evan got dressed and left his suite. He left behind a broken expensive phone and a confused Brian. Unbeknownst to either of them, he'd managed to break something more valuable than a phone.

Chapter End Notes:

*peeks from my hiding spot* Still around? If so, let me tell you 'congratulations!' Second, you have to know this is all that's going to happen between Brian and Evan. The worst is over, but now Brian has to work on regaining Justin's trust...which will be a sloooow burn.