- Text Size +

 

 

Pain

Daphne found Isabelle on the couch when she returned to her friend's place.

"He won't eat," Izzy announced to her.

"Did he at least drink some water?"

"There's an unopened bottle near the bathroom door. He's locked himself in the bedroom."

Daphne groaned. "Let me deal with Queen Justin." She fetched the bottle, before going into Justin's room.

He was on the bed, ripping to tiny pieces all drawings of Brian he found.

"No!" Daphne gasped, rushing to extract a particularly gorgeous piece. "What's wrong with you?" She smoothed the rumpled paper.

"I fucking hate his guts."

"There's that word again. You two are a match made in Heaven."

Justin lifted his eyes to glare at her. "You've been with him? Traitor. Get the fuck out of here!"

"He's devastated. I've never seen him like this. Justin, you know this is Brian we're talking about. He was never a saint. So what if he fucked up?"

"So I should forgive him and fall into his arms after he betrayed my trust in him? After he cheated on me with that person? No. I refuse to be subjected to such mockery. Sure. I accepted the fact that Brian needed a side-trick, but not someone he used to know, someone who is a top."

"That's your problem, isn't it? That someone else fucked him. You can be so immature. Why don't you take it as any other trick and move on?"

"Because you don't know half of it. Fuck, I don't know much, but I know they have history. I know… I know...that Brian...cares about him at some extent."

"So? Brian loves you more than anything else. He'd do anything for you, Justin. The sun rises and sets with you in his world. Don't hurt him like that."

Justin shoved his sketchpad off the bed. "He hurt me. He fucking ripped my heart and stabbed it. I can't forgive him." He sniffed loudly. "Tell me how is residency going."

"Change of subject much? Fine. Residency is going amazing. We have a new doctor...and let me tell you one thing - he's HOT."

"How hot?"

"Brad Pitt hot."

"Meh. Not my type." Justin shrugged, playing with a ripped piece of paper.

"Okay, okay. Brian hot."

Justin glared up at her. "Is he single?"

"He's straight," Daphne explained, rolling her eyes.

"I was asking on your behalf. Jeez."

"There's no ring on his finger, and he's extra flirty."

Justin waved his hand in an invitation gesture, smiling.

Suddenly, Daphne grabbed Justin's hands, staring into his eyes pleadingly. "Please, talk with Brian. Give him another chance. Think...you're even."

Justin scowled. "We're not even!"

"You cheated on him too. He didn't act like a sissy. You slept with Ethan more than once, then you went home to Brian. If this isn't hypocritical of you…"

"Daphne, let it go. I will never forgive him."

Realizing she didn't have a choice, and that she'd tried everything she could, Daphne got out of the bed. "I'm going to catch up with Iz."

"Good. I think I'll take a nap."

"You should sleep. I'll wake you before I leave tomorrow." She kissed his head. "Love you."

Sketching a smile, Justin gripped her hand. "Love you too. Thanks for coming."

"Anytime. I'm just really sad it came to this."

"Yeah, well… night." He swallowed a fresh round of tears. The mere thought of Brian made him want to cry ugly tears.

Daphne hesitated in the doorway. "Scoot over. I'm staying with you." She got in bed behind him, hugging him tightly, allowing him to sob into the pillow.

oOo

"Do you need anything?" Evan asked, preparing an effervescent calcium tablet. "Here. Take this."

"I need you to leave."

"Drink that, then you should lie down."

Brian groaned, drinking the contents of the glass in a few gulps, making a repulsed face. "What the fuck was that?"

"Calcium. Come." Evan helped him up from the sofa where Brian had fallen after being dragged to his room.

Evan took him to bed, helping him out of his clothes, before pulling the blanket over him. He smiled when Brian shifted until his feet were out of the blanket.

"Now sleep. Do you want me to stay? You promise not to do anything stupid?"

"I'm going to sleep. Thank you."

"Okay. Good night."

Left alone with his thoughts, Brian felt all his insecurities coming up and swallowing him whole.

Relationships were destined to fail.

Love was overrated.

Getting emotionally attached to someone complicated things a lot and it brought only heartache in the end.

oOo

"Is he going to be okay?" Izzy asked, concerned when she saw Daphne stepping out of Justin's room.

Daphne sat on the sofa, sighing. "He's going to mope around a lot. I've seen him post break up with Brian before. This time it might look more permanent, but I know they'll get back together. They always do."

"You seem so sure…"

"Izzy, I know them. It might take longer because it's Justin who has to accept what Brian did and forgive him, but it will happen. Justin can be a stubborn dick."

Izzy giggled. "I've noticed. We get in the craziest fights over the silliest of things. I'm a girl and I always leave the lid up at the toilet after I shower and dump the excess of fallen hair in the toilet. He's gets so upset, I've started doing it just to irk him."

"I knew you'd get along." Daphne smiled. She became serious, taking her friend's hand. "Please, take care of him. Don't let him do anything stupid."

"Is he likely to hurt himself?" Izzy blanched.

"He might refuse to eat, but force him if it's necessary. Tell him he needs proteins to keep that bubble butt in shape."

Izzy smirked, nodding in understanding. "If he refuses to listen, I'll call you."

"Do that." Daphne played with the end of her plaited tail. "And if Brian visits, let him in. He means well."

"How can you say that, Daphne? He fucking cheated on Justin!"

"I can tell how much he regrets it. I bet he wouldn't do it again if he had a second chance."

"Are you his lawyer or something?" Izzy muttered.

"I know him. And I'm their biggest fan. I've always been there for them, from the very beginning. Brian's an amazing guy. You don't know him, and I truly hope you'll get the chance to meet him."

"He's already made a horrible impression. Of what Justin told me, he seemed like the perfect guy. Then this happened." Izzy shrugged.

"Anyway, take care of Justin. He'll need a friend. Don't try making him talk about this. Simply be there when you see he's down. Distract him with meaningless conversation," Daphne advised her friend.

"Don't worry. I will do my best to keep him distracted. But he needs to sulk for a few days, maybe break stuff. That's how I am when I'm upset."

"Whatever helps to get him over this."

Daphne was sure Justin would forgive Brian in the end, but Brian would have to do something grand to win Justin over.

In the meantime, she knew Justin was in good hands with Izzy. She'd take care of him.