- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

I took liberties with the timeline...since I couldn't figure out what season could it be what with Cowlip's crazy timeline and the weather in Canada where they filmed. :)

Finding His Way

After setting up the new network, Justin opened a new e-mail, ready to share his first thoughts about the city.


To: Brian Kinney
From:
Justin Taylor
Date:
November 7, 2005 16:09
Subject:
Miss me yet?

Hey,

How's it going? =)

I arrived well and met my new roommate. She's an artist too! We'll get along really well. I have a feeling.

The place isn't as bad as you thought (check the attached pictures). I'll probably need a new bed, but after my first paycheck. Which might be soon. Really soon. Izzy is going to ask her boss if he wants me. She works in a bar as a waitress, so it's a slight improvement from the diner.

How was your day? Did you sleep till noon? God, I'm so tired. It was close to six when we finally fell asleep. I might turn in early.

Justin

PS: Can you send the computer by the end of the week? Pretty please.


Justin went to shower, fixed himself a snack before returning to his room.

There was a new email waiting for him. A big smile appeared on his face, as he hurried to open it.


To: Justin Taylor
From:
Brian Kinney
Date:
November 7, 2005 16:56
Subject: RE:
Miss me yet?

You again? I thought I was finally rid of you.

Those pictures are going to give me fucking nightmares! Get rid of them! Pronto. Or I won't visit…not like I'd step into that place if my life depended on it.

It's good to hear you like your roommate. Now I'm even more worried you'll forget to eat since she's an artist too and can get sucked into her work for days. Set your phone to ring every five hours to remind you to eat.

No. I didn't sleep till noon. At ten to twelve there was insistent banging from below. Remind me to get the new neighbors banished.

I'll send your computer when you send me the fucking address. Don't mix me up with your mind reading superhero.

Brian


To: Brian Kinney
From:
Justin Taylor
Date:
November 7, 2005 17:02
Subject: RE:
Miss me yet?

You can't get rid of me. Haven't you figured out that yet?

Right. The address is 346 E 10th St, corner with Ave B, apartment 51 B.

Fuck the neighbors! (not literally!) Just…don't mind them. I bet you made a lot of noise too when you moved in.

No, I won't forget to eat…dad. *glares at you*

I'm going to try and take a nap.

Love,

Justin


The phone ringing loudly from the nightstand pulled Justin from his nap. Not opening his eyes, he accepted the call, pressing the phone to his ear.

"Yeah?"

"Mr. Taylor?" A deep voice inquired.

Justin rubbed his eyes, sitting up. "Yes," he whispered, not sure what to make of the other man on the phone. Good news? Bad news? Did something happen back home and he was the emergency contact?

"My name is Oliver Platt. I'm the owner of Raging Bull."

"Sorry?" Justin had no clue what was going on. If that Oliver Platt didn't explain himself soon, he was going to hang up.

"Didn't you tell Izzy you need a job? She asked me if I could consider you."

"Oh!" Justin scrubbed a hand over his face. "Sorry. I was a little confused. Yes, I do need a job."

"It's all right. Do you have any experience?"

"I used to bus tables at a diner back in Pittsburgh."

"This is going to be more complicated than carrying food," Oliver joked. "Though, no experience in a bar?"

"Well…there was once…" Justin gulped thickly, unsure if it was wise to tell him, but he decided he'd do anything to get the job. "I was a go-go boy at a nightclub. Is that helpful?"

Oliver laughed heartily. "You completely destroyed the innocent boy picture I had in my mind for you. What I want you to do is collect the empty glasses from the tables, maybe serve the VIP lounge, sometimes you have to entertain the crowd one way or another to keep them from leaving."

"Why does this sound like Coyote Ugly?" Justin chuckled.

"I won't make you sing on top of the bar," Oliver promised, amusement clear in his voice.

"Good, because you might kick my ass if you hear my voice."

"Listen Justin. Can I call you that?"

"Sure."

"Then you can call me Oliver. If I hear you with any Mr. Platt bullshit, I'm keeping money from your paycheck."

"Duly noted, Oliver." Justin smiled, not believing his luck.

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow? Maybe you could come with Izzy. I'd like to talk to you more."

"I'll be there."

"Good, then I'll see you tomorrow."

"Great! Thank you!"

After hanging up, Justin immediately dialed Brian's number, excited to share the awesome news. The call went straight to voicemail, which made him wonder where his boyfriend was that he couldn't answer.

He ended up texting Brian. I think I got myself a job! You busy?

Awaken from his nap and no longer tired, Justin worked on unpacking his things, but not before stripping the walls and door of the naked women posters. He was reaching his limit of seeing tits.

When he adventured out of his room was close to midnight. He found two keys on the counter in the kitchen, one for the front door and one for the door downstairs. Next to them was a post-it note with a smiley face on it. Justin decided he really liked Izzy.

Taking the keys he fastened them to his keychain, tracing the toy charm silicone dildo with a smile. Of course, only Brian could get him something so juvenile.

Fixing himself a snack, Justin went back to his room. He sat on his bed, sketching until his eyes dropped.