- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

A little fun at the gym for the boys. :)

Gym lessons

Justin felt awkward in the large gym. It had never been his scene, and the few times he'd accompanied the guys back in Pittsburgh was to prepare for the bike ride to Canada, which didn't happen after all.

Brian was in his element. It was like he was meeting friends who he'd lost touch.

They started slowly, with the treadmill. Justin was out of breath after two minutes of running, when he slowed down to an alert walking pace.

"Youth these days," Brian commented, never breaking his fast running pace.

"Fuck...off," Justin gasped out, putting the towel around his neck to good use.

"Too bad they don't have kid toys here for you to play with."

"Stop mocking me. I think I'll head over there to that thing."

"It's called a stepper. Set it up for five minutes. I'll join you in two minutes."

Justin admired how in shape Brian was, when he was much younger and not at all in shape. He'd fooled himself he had good stamina, but that was only during sex, apparently, not when it came to sports too.

After their cardio, which left Justin feeling faint, Brian led him to the more manly appliances. He put two dumbbells in Justin's hands.

"These are 12.5 kilos. That's 27.5 pounds. Not much at all."

Justin refused to admit they were heavy, and he was merely holding them. "What do I do?"

"Work your triceps." Brian gave his upper arm a squeeze. "Feel the burn." He extracted one dumbbell from his partner. "This is what you do." He showed him the exercise, only lifting the weight to his shoulder, bending his elbow.

It took Justin a few tries to understand his arm had to be perfectly straight when it went down and once he did the exercise correctly, he could actually feel the burn Brian was talking about.

To show off, Brian started off with 22.5 kilos, smirking through the mirror at Justin, who struggled with his baby weights.

"Three sessions of ten," Brian told him when he saw Justin stopping after a few ones.

"I did nine." Justin put down the weights, rubbing his triceps.

"Don't let the muscles cool in between sessions. Thirty seconds tops."

"Jeez. You're the worst personal trainer in history." Though, he picked the dumbbells and repeated the motion Brian had taught him.

For his last session, Brian switched to 25 kilos. His prompting and prodding had Justin trying the next weight level, which was 15 kilos.

He could feel tension building and his muscles burning to the point of pain. On his tenth lift, he barely managed to do it correctly, before he dropped the weights on the rack.

Brian finished his session, stepping closer to Justin and rubbing his arms. "Let's take a short break. Sit down." He pointed to the bench press.

"Just so you know, I'm exhausted," Justin mumbled, absently rubbing his right hand.

"You barely did anything. That was the warming up." Brian brought over various weights for them to use.

"Look, I'll go easy on you. The bar itself has 25 pounds, so I'll add 10 on each side."

"Can't you add 5 pounds on each side? I seriously doubt I can do it."

"I'll spot you. I won't let you kill yourself," Brian said softly, fastening the weights on the bar.

Justin didn't want to spoil Brian's fun. He could tell he was in his element. He'd always loved going to the gym.

"Okay. Lay down now," Brian instructed. "Hands on the bar. Take a deep breath and don't think of how much you're lifting."

"Easier said than done," Justin muttered. He pushed with all his force to lift the bar, but merely managed to rattle it. "Fuck," he spat. "Don't," he snapped when Brian made to help him. With great effort, he managed to pull it from its spot. His arms shook as he brought the barbell to his chest then lifted it above his head.

"Try five," Brian said, seeing him struggling.

At the third one, Justin nearly dropped the barbells, but Brian helped him by keeping him going with his hands supporting the weight bar. By the time he reached five, Justin was spent, and Brian was the one who took the bar from him, placing in the rack.

"My arms are going to fall off."

Brian snorted. "No, they aren't. Just shake them a little and you'll be fine. Now get up. Think you can spot me?"

"You plan on using more than me, right? I'll try."

"Of course, I'll actually lift, not play around." Brian placed the 35 pounds weights and the 5 ones.

Justin started looking around for some bodybuilder to help him spot his boyfriend.

"Don't worry, this is easy for me. Just help by guiding me if I get tired."

Justin was amazed by what force Brian actually had. He had no idea he could do it, and regretted not going to the gym with him more often when they were in Pittsburgh.

By the time Brian reached ten lifts, Justin could tell he was getting tired and curled his hands on the bar to make it easier.

"Two more," Brian grunted out. After one more, he realized it was too much when he could barely lift the bar off his chest.

Justin used all his unknown force to bring the weights in their place on the rack. Though, the strenuous movement was too much for his gimp hand. He curled it, flexing his fingers, not ready to show Brian he couldn't go on.

"Thanks," Brian gasped out, sitting up and wiping his brow.

He led Justin to an inclined bench, bringing two sets of dumbbells.

"More? I thought we were done."

"We've just began, Sunshine. Now. Lean forward on the bench, and rest your triceps on the top." Brian helped Justin get in the desired position, before placing the lightest dumbbells in his hand. "What you did before, only from this position. Make sure your arm is parallel with the ground, then lift it from your elbow."

Unsure if it would work, Justin tried the exercise. Brian put a hand around his bicep and triceps, squeezing every time he lifted the dumbbell.

"That's it. Keep it up."

"Ha."

Brian whacked him in the back with his towel. "I'll be over there, playing with the big boy toys. You do this in three sessions of ten reps. With both arms. I'll be watching you."

Justin sighed heavily. This was definitely not what he had in mind when he accepted to go to the gym with Brian. He was actually all business about it.

During his second session, Justin was lost in thought, doing the exercise mechanically and implicitly wrong. His mind was on what to cook for the next week when Brian's voice barking from the other side of the gym pulled him from this thoughts.

"FOCUS."

Justin nearly dropped the weights. He could feel his cheeks burning in embarrassment.

Once they were done, they met back at the bench press.

"You did less. What happened to the last session for your right arm?" Brian questioned, arranging weights on the bar.

Justin glared at his shoes. Brian reached out, grasping Justin's right hand, stroking his palm. Justin made to wrench away, but Brian had a strong hold.

"Why the fuck didn't you say anything?"

"Because I fucking hate it."

"Okay. No more lifting for you. Go to the stationary bike."

"Who will spot you?" Justin grumbled.

"Not you." Brian steering him in the bike's direction. On his way back to the barbells, he intercepted a bulky guy, asking him to spot him.

Justin glowered at them as he worked on setting the bike seat to his level. While peddling, he kept his eyes on Brian and Mr. Muscles, laughing and adding more weights to the bar.

Justin thought he saw Brian check the man's package since he had a pretty good view to the bulge in his sweats. He hadn't even thought of checking Brian out while he was lifting earlier. His focus had been on the weights.

He was so caught in creating the perfect plan to murder Mr. Muscles that he failed to notice someone on the bike next to him, until they talked.

"Why is your boyfriend checking out my boyfriend?"

Justin's foot slipped off the pedal, nearly making him topple over the bike. He regained footing, turning to stare at Evan.

"Hello, neighbor," Evan said with a smile.

"W-h… What did you say?"

"I said hello."

"Before that."

Evan nodded to where Mr. Muscles was helping Brian lift heavier than his usual. "Garreth is my boyfriend, or so we should name it. We fuck, and I hate the term fuck-buddies."

"Huh."

"Crazy, I know. I've been attending this gym for years. Then last month there was this new instructor. He took over Sam's place, which means he also owns this place. I overheard him talking to one of the other personal trainers about renovating, and you know how us ad men are. I butted into their conversation, offering ideas on how to renovate, then gave him my card."

Justin chuckled dryly. "Best way to pick up someone, lure him with business proposals."

"It's worked for years, though this time it seems more serious."

"I see, so serious that he's hitting on Brian." Justin returned his eyes to where Mr. Muscles a.k.a. Garreth was stroking Brian's arms, joking with him about something.

"We just fuck. I don't expect things from him."

"Well, I expect things from…" Before he could finish his sentence, Justin saw Brian looking toward him, pointing him out to Garreth, wearing a big smile. His hazel eyes slid briefly to Evan, before returning to Mr. Muscles.

"You were saying?" Evan snorted. "You know him better than to make the same mistake twice. Besides, I doubt he even went after another ass since you two got back together."

"What can I say? I keep him entertained enough so he doesn't get bored."

"You know it won't last. This may be like the honeymoon stage, but he can't be tied down."

Justin hurried the rhythm he was peddling. "I don't even want to tie him down. We used to pick up guys together. If we get bored of each other...highly improbable...we can find some willing guy to share our bed for the night. Don't worry about us, Mr. Steele," he added with a smirk.

Brian and Garreth approached them.

Garreth went to Evan's side tightening the gear on the bike, making it harder for him to keep up with Justin.

While Brian stopped in front of Justin's bike, licking his lips. A delicious memory sprung to Justin's mind, of when Brian was training for the ride from Canada and he caught him at the spin class late at night.

To show him, Brian was thinking of the same thing, Brian slowly pulled the strings on his sweatpants, making Justin's eyes widen. Only for him to tie them better, laughing.

"Fuck," Justin stood on the bike, suddenly finding it difficult to sit with his hard-on.

Brian went to his side, bringing his head closer so they could kiss. Justin's knees felt weak, so he leaned forward, never breaking contact with Brian or losing rhythm. His new position got a few catcalls from behind.

The sounds made Brian pull away and glare at the men daring them to ogle his boyfriend. Even though it was hot, he wanted Justin all for himself.

"I think you did enough for today. Sauna?" He suggested, his eyes glinting.

"Sure."

They departed without acknowledging Evan's farewell. Justin did try to turn and wave, because he was brought up polite, but he forgot all about it when Brian got handsy.

Once sitting on the wooden bench in the sauna, Justin relaxed, stretching his legs and linking his ankles. "Didn't you see Evan there?"

"Yeah, so?"

"So...I thought you were friends."

"That's stretching it, Justin. We were business partners. We still are. We might work on other commercials together, but friends? Never."

"I think he actually likes that guy," Justin commented after a while.

"Garreth?"

"Yeah. He was all territorial when he joined me on the bikes, asking what's my boyfriend doing with his boyfriend." Justin laughed.

Brian glanced at him amused. "I've no idea what you're talking about. Though, I could see that green-eyed monster inside you planning a torturous death for Garreth."

"Am I that transparent? It's all your fault for staring at his dick."

"It was in my face."

"So was mine when I spotted you, but you didn't drool over it."

"I didn't drool, you twat! Besides, he's not my type. Too much muscle."

"Intimidated by a little muscle?" Justin teased, touching Brian's leg, his fingers curling on his inner thigh.

"I'm more into twinks with baby fat." Brian elbowed him in the ribs.

"Fuck you, Kinney."

"Here?"

Justin choked on his remark.

"Cat got your tongue, Sunshine?"

"You mean it?" He breathed heavily, imagining plowing into Brian's tight ass in that steamy room.

"Garreth told me about a spot, but we must be really quiet."

"That's what you talked to him?" Justin flushed.

"Among other things regarding how much I can lift."

Brian pointed out to a bench barely visible through the steam. He lay there face first, keeping his towel on. "You'll have to pretend to give me a massage in case someone comes in."

"I'll give you a prostate massage with my dick," Justin joked.

Being quiet was a challenge for both of them, especially when other men stepped into the room. Justin forgot about the pretense massage when he neared his release, digging his fingers in Brian's lower back. He bit on his lips, only a few whimpers leaving his throat. On the other hand, Brian grunted loudly, rocking under Justin to ride out his orgasm.

As they headed to the showers, they noticed the other men in the room watching them shocked.

"Are you the massage guy?" One of them asked.

"Must have been one hell of a knot you had there, buddy," another said.

With courage he didn't know he possessed, Justin took Brian's hand, holding his chin high. "I'm his personal massager and I know how to work his knot like no one else."

Brian held his laugh until they were in the shower.

Chapter End Notes:

We're getting closer to the end, only a few more chapters left. But there the outtakes to look forward to. ;)