- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I supposed I should issue a M/F/F warning.... well you've been WARNED! LOL Happy Reading!!

The Pitts

 

Josiah Higgins stepped out of the airport into the crisp air of Pittsburgh. It had been a long time since he'd been back to the Burg. He'd grown up there with an abusive mother and an absentee father. Despite his poor home life, Josiah worked his ass off in school and when possible took menial jobs in order to eat and save money to put himself through college. He was determined that once he left the Pitts, he would never return. The irony was not lost on him that his first return to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was in an official and governmental capacity- something no one would have ever believed him capable of.

 

"Captain Higgins, it's a pleasure to see you again Sir," Sarah said as she approached him.

 

"Cut the ‘sir' Sarah. I'll call you for it when I need my ego stroked," he answered with a smile.

 

The answering smile which graced her face warmed him. Sarah Morrissey was his best agent and as such she didn't smile very often. Granted, there was little to smile about in Sarah's life in recent years. He'd often missed the bright girl with the ready smile and optimism that he'd plucked straight out of the academy. Thanks to her connections within the Senate, Sarah was able to leave her own life in the organized crime world behind, having worked in it since she was thirteen to support herself and her sister. He watched silently and helplessly as she became jaded again over the years. The job of an FBI agent with the Special Agent division had a way of doing that.

"A lot has happened since I spoke with you this morning. I have retired Captain Horvath and the new Captain Larry Smith ready to meet with you. There have been some... developments that you need to be made aware of."

 

He nodded as they began walking to her car. "And Brian and Justin, where are they?"

 

"As ordered, they are in a secure location Josiah. But I honestly don't believe they'll stay there once they're brought up to speed on what's happening."

 

"Evangeline has made a move then?" He closed his eyes at the mention of Sarah's partner. The discovery that she was the one behind this rankled even more than he'd thought possible. She was always a wild card, which made her and Sarah's work together top notch. The two women were two sides of the same coin. There was no way the whole situation would go away quietly.

 

"She has Gus, Josiah," Sarah answered simply. "But in acquiring him, Jenny Rebecca was shot. She's in surgery now."

 

"Fuck! The bitch has no scruples. Who did she send to do the job?"

 

"We know that she contacted Gardner this morning. He contacted someone named Kip Thomas to carry it out. Whether he did it personally or had someone to do it, we won't know until Jenny is out of surgery. The other two ladies- one older and one younger- had never seen the man before."

 

"Have you heard from Ty and Brandon yet?"

 

"Just this morning. Chris Hobbs and his partner have been secured. He's on his way back. As for Ty, he's in. I was with him this morning at the Struts when he got the call, although I didn't know who it was from at the time. After we transported the Sapersteins to Babylon, he left. The GPS on his phone is connected and if he's able to get any pictures of it we should get a print of the compound layout soon."

 

The rest of the drive was made in silence. They didn't have a long commute from the airport to the 3rd Precinct just off of Liberty Avenue. Josiah thought of all the information Sarah had given him, both that morning and while in car. He still wasn't sure of the motive behind Evangeline's involvement but he was certain it had to do with a certain deceased agent who was a closet case. James Kilpatrick's death was made to look like a drug deal gone wrong during the weekend of the White Party in Miami. Thanks to the money behind that particular gathering of gay men and women, no law enforcement agency was able to touch it. James was working undercover to gather information on why so many beautiful gay men were suddenly disappearing at the party, never to be seen or heard from again. Josiah hadn't recovered his last report until a few weeks after the incident, but by then there was some key information missing which only led to dead-end questions.

 

As soon as they entered the non-descript brick building the first thing they noticed was an abnormal amount of officers milling about. A few were actually working but the number that were not was disturbing in its extreme. Sarah moved forward causing Josiah to follow automatically. She drew every eye and a few whispers as she made her way to the conference room where the rest of her team along with Horvath and Smith were already in assembly.

 

"What's being done to find my grandson?" Horvath said.

 

"Grandson?" Josiah looked at Sarah questioningly. It was definitely not a good idea to involve family on an active case as they could compromise the entire operation.

 

Sarah answered the irate man. "Carl, don't worry. We will get him back safe and sound. Has there been any word on Jenny yet?"

 

He rubbed his red eyes. "Not yet, Sarah. Daphne is operating on her as we speak. Troy just got out of surgery a little while ago and called to give the update on Taylor's condition. He's alive but he'll wish to God he wasn't. They were unable to reattach his spine."

 

All in the room winced at Carl's matter-of-fact way of stating that tidbit of information. But they all understood. The things that Craig Taylor had done to his son- the things he still kept trying to do- killed any and all sympathy each of the occupants of the room may have had for Craig and what his life would now be like.

 

Frankie summed up all their thoughts. "Talk about Karma. Not only is he alive and going to jail but he can't even walk. But it's still a better fate than what he planned for Justin and Brian. Fucker!"

 

"Has there been an APB put out on Kip Thomas yet?" Josiah asked.

 

"Yeah. But Gardner has been a bit trickier to nail down. He left his office at about ten and hasn't been back yet," Larry answered.

 

"According to the phone records, the last call he made was to Stockwell. I just got a hit on the tower from his cell phone. He's near the Wiltshire Hotel on the opposite side of the City." Frankie confirmed.

 

"Well Evangeline always did have extravagant taste," Sarah said sardonically.

 

Josiah nodded at Sarah's observation. Even on assignment, Evangeline was known for her creature comforts. Hopefully it would serve them well. "Frankie, I want you to cross-reference Stockwell's number with Vance's and find out if there were any other calls placed between the two men. Something else is not adding up in this equation."

 

"Perhaps I can help with that," John appeared in the doorway.

 

"Who are you young man? This is official police business. You shouldn't have been allowed back here," Larry stated. He was annoyed beyond measure with the interruption and with the lackadaisical vibe his force was giving in front of the FBI.

 

"Feel free to tell that to the nitwits lounging around on the job up front," John answered as he moved to the other side of the conference table across from Frankie. "Sarah, before the craziness of the morning set in, Dixon was by the house. I have a copy of the list we made with Tucker detailing the Who's Who of the Pittsburgh elite. Peter went to drop off a copy to Quinn, Aurora, Ted and Myrna who are at the bank already running financial reports."

 

Taking the list from John, Sarah perused it with wide eyes. "How sure are you that it's accurate?"

 

"Tucker grew up in this atmosphere, so did Gus, although on the outskirts of it, but he was pretty knowledgeable of the history of run-ins with these people and Brian and Justin."

 

"Fucking hell. There are notable A-gays on here as well." Sarah looked stunned at the magnitude of hatred on the list. She handed it over to Carl who also knew most of the history of Brian and Justin's rise to success. "Do you see anyone familiar Carl?"

 

"Every fucking person on this list has something to gain by the demise of Brian and Justin. The trouble is that even though some are just average Joe Schmoes, it's the ones with the money that are a huge fucking problem. Their lawyers will be able to find some loophole to get them off without serving even a fucking hour in jail. FUCK! Kinney's own mother and sister are on this list! No wonder they never have any fucking money of their own," Carl fumed. He was even more appalled than Sarah was, especially since Brian basically supported them financially as long as they kept away from him. "They have been using his own money to try and kill him."

 

John closed his eyes, hearing that aloud. He couldn't believe it when he found out. It was one thing for him to hate his uncle based on misconceptions fed to him. But his grandmother and mother were literally living off of the man they hated even while proclaiming what a vile human being he was to any and all that would listen. He was thankful that he was getting to know them for himself; that Brian and Justin had given him and Peter a second chance to have a life and family. He would help to save those two men how ever he could.

 

John began to set up his computer. "Also thanks to my cousin Gus, I know a little something that may be of use to you. Gus has two cell phones; something Uncle Brian insisted on when he kept forgetting to charge his primary phone. They bought Jenny an additional one too against Melanie and Michael's wishes so they don't know about it." They all stood by and watched as John pulled out a keyring with about twelve flash drives on it. His brow furrowed as he studied each one, finally settling on the eighth one. "Anyway, he sent a confusing text message that I think you all would be able to help with. I'm not sure what it means but based on the circumstances, I think it's important."

 

Sarah, Carl and Josiah looked over his shoulder as John opened the screen. The message read: Kip-KDTyhr. Evang/MarkBOMB!Britin, LDin, Kinn, Baba, poss YOUR hse, HELP!Gramps!

 

"Carl...." the sound of her voice was calm despite the anxiety which gripped her. "get on the phone to Britin right now. Tell them not to let anyone into the house. "

 

"What?" Carl asked confused.

 

"Don't let anyone into the fucking house, Carl. Tell them! If they're going to try to bomb Britin, it has to be done from inside the house. The brick and mortar can't be blasted unless dynamite is used. Mark won't use C4 for the house. He's more for using Molotov cocktails in situations like this. Since all of the windows in Britin have been changed to their shatterproof variation, Mark won't be able to throw it through the window; he or someone else has to get in. They're also planning to bomb the Liberty Diner, Kinnetik and maybe even your fucking house since tonight is usually Family Dinner."

 

Realization dawned in Carl's eyes then. He had never been so happy for Brian's paranoia as he was in that second. There were so many guests in residence at Britin, including some notable names like Leo Brown, John Remson and the Avlossa group- all who donated heavily to AIDS research as well as Hospices and care of aging Homosexuals around the globe, that the message behind their demises could not be overlooked. The fact that the blast which killed them would be in Brian and Justin's house would be an added bonus. Carl reached for his cell phone in a hurry.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Securing Britin

 

Emmett dropped to his knees as he heard Carmela's voice over the phone. How the fuck could this have happened? He began to cry, unable to stem the flow of tears or the screaming going on inside his head at the unfairness of life for all of them. As he felt the strong arms wrap around him from behind, Emmett melted into them hoping beyond hope that it was a nightmare; that Carmela hadn't really said that sweet little JR had been shot; that Gus- who was as fierce, loyal and as intelligent as his father had not been taken as a hostage to lure the Taylor-Kinneys.

 

As he watched Drew comfort Emmett, Tucker could still hear the voice of a young girl screaming for the tall queen over the phone. Picking it up, he continued the conversation. "This is Tuck, Carmela. No Em is okay but whatever you told him just now has him freaking out. Why don't you tell me what's going on."

 

"Jenny has been shot and Gus kidnapped. Doctor Chanders rushed Jenny into the operating room. My mom is trying to get ahold of Melanie and Lindsay but hasn't been able to," Carmela said. Then she filled in all of the information for Tuck stemming quite a few of his next questions.

 

He listened in horror as she explained how Jenny had ended up with a bullet to the arm and felt a chill run through him as Carmela stated what the unmasked kidnapper said to her. He listened as the remarkably-composed girl who was speaking began to fall apart at that point, apologizing profusely and blaming herself for everything that had befallen Gus and Jenny while they were out. "Calm down, Carmela. It's okay. You and your mom did the best that you could do under the circumstances. None of this is anyone's fault except the unscrupulous idiots behind it so don't blame yourself. I will get to Lindsay okay?"

 

"Okay but I don't know how much longer the surgery will take."

 

"Don't worry. We'll be there as soon as we can. In the meantime, you and your mom sit tight okay?"

 

"Okay," Carmela answered quietly before disconnecting the call.

 

Tucker pinched the bridge of his nose- a habit he'd inadvertently picked up from both Brian and Justin down through the years on separate occasions- and tried to calm himself down. The whole morning had been just one fucked up situation after another. First Craig and his bullshit, then finding out that Brian went off to play vigilante with Sarah and her team, the fucking visit from Dickhead Dixon and then the news about Gus and Jenny. Part of him wished they'd all just stayed in bed but that wasn't life. This was about preserving life.

 

He was tempted to throw his own cell phone when it started ringing within his pocket. But he remembered he was expecting an update from Jennifer and Molly at the hospital so he refrained. Looking at the caller id, he was almost tempted not to pick it up but somehow knew that it was important.

 

"Hey Carl. We just heard about Jenny and I'm on my way to Mel and Lindsay's to get them. Carmela said they're not answering their phone."

 

"Listen, Tuck I hate to put this all on you but it's not safe for any of you to be out of the house right now, especially the special guests staying there."

 

"What the hell has happened now? First Craig's accident then Dixon shows up and now we can't leave?" Tucker couldn't hide the irritation in his voice.

 

Carl exploded. "What about Dixon? Holy shit, this is so fucked up."

 

"He was here this morning looking for Justin. We kicked him out."

 

"Who's ‘we'?" Carl asked. As far as he knew, Brian and Justin were at the hospital under lock and key."

 

"Justin's friend Julienne McKay arrived this morning just before Justin was told about Craig. Any word on that situation? Jennifer and Molly haven't called yet. Neither has Justin."

 

"Justin was put into a room with Brian. From what I've been told by the two of them, Justin had a bad panic attack after his meeting with Craig this morning. He still doesn't know that Gold is dead or that the fucking bastard Taylor survived but will never walk again."

 

"Good for the fucker," Tucker spat. "He deserves much more. But anyway, what's being done to track down Gus? Carmela told us that Daphne is operating on Jenny. Who the fuck has Gus, Carl?"   

 

"We know who has him, Tuck, but getting him back won't be easy. They want Justin mostly but they also need Brian stabilized."

 

"Did you get the list from John?"

 

"Yeah I got it. That is a disturbing piece of business for so many reasons. But listen.... what happened when Dixon came this morning?"

 

Tucker went on to explain all the details of Dixon's impromptu and unwelcomed visit. Based on the grunts coming from Carl, this was nowhere near to being solved. "I imagine that Dixon is on his way to a hospital, although I'm not sure which one. Julienne sliced his arm pretty deep."

 

"Another take-no-prisoners blonde, huh? I can see understand why she and Justin are such good friends." He chuckled but just as quickly sobered. "Okay... so here is what I want from you. You and only one other person can leave the house so choose your wingman wisely. The rest have to stay put. I would prefer if Emmett keeps hold of Britin. The one thing I know about Em is that he can transform himself into a total Butch if necessary and it most certainly may become necessary."

 

"Then I think it's best if I leave Drew here with him. But Ben said that he would be back today. He went back to his house to look for Michael. Debbie had been calling him every hour on the hour trying to see if he's heard from him."

 

"I know. My wife is at best, unmanageable when it comes to Michael. I don't have time to give you all of my thoughts on that situation but unfortunately he has to be notified along with Mel. Due to the fact that Jenny was shot near a main artery and they have to try and save her life with or without familial consent, it's allowing Daphne to operate on her. But either way, Melanie had best get her ass there pronto. In the meantime, call your wife and ask her and Molly to be on standby since Brian and Justin can't be."

 

"Will do Carl. I will head down to Lindsay's house as soon as I hang up with you. Colby should be there as well. In the meantime, I'll also get a call out to Ben."

 

After their goodbyes, Tucker got to work explaining everything to both Drew and Emmett. Per Carl's instructions, no one was to enter or leave the house for any reason. Emmett promised that he would do what he could to make sure everyone stayed safe and give them information on a need-to-know basis. "I actually think Leo and John might need to know a little more than everyone else. Probably Jason too," Emmett volunteered.

 

"Why?" Tucker was genuinely interested in what Em had to say. Although he could come off as a silly queen sometimes, Tucker knew that Emmett was not only an intelligent man but he also had a knack for intrigue.

 

"Not only are they clients and the ones with unlimited resources but they are Brian and Justin's friends. Their true friends like we are. If there is anything that they can do, they will. Also I think we should let them look at the list Gus, John and Peter came up with. I know that Peter is already on his way to the bank but if the three businessmen- one of which just happens to be a real estate agent- could shed some more light on that comprehensive list then it's worth a shot."

 

Tucker nodded. "What you're saying has real merit, Em. Plus it may just help cool their jets about being trapped inside the house for the duration of this. From what I know about architecture, whomever they send will have to plant the bomb inside the house. The outside structure will withstand any blast but the inside won't." Tucker narrowed his eyes in contemplation. "As soon as I clear the gates, close them immediately."

 

Emmett's eyes widened in understanding. He clapped his hands in excitement. "I'd forgotten that they took that particular precaution."

 

"What?" Drew said genuinely confused by the two men's crypticness.

 

Tucker smiled. "Brian and Justin are fucking geniuses."

 

"Well duh? We know that," Drew said chuckling. "But what does that have to do with this?"

 

Emmett answered his lover's question. "The security panel both inside and outside of the gate can only be accessed by a fingerprint within the database. If you notice anytime you come with me and the gates are closed, I have to press on that panel. The same thing happens with Jenn and Tucker. Molly's fingerprint is in the database. Daphne's, Ted's and Cynthia's fingerprints are all in the database as are Lindsay's, Gus' and Jenny's. Ben's fingerprint is in the database; they didn't trust Michael, and with good reason and it's the same with Carl and Deb. Horvath has his fingerprint registered whereas Debbie doesn't."

 

"That's a little surprising," Drew muttered.

 

"Not really. Deb and Michael suffer from the same disease called Barge-in-itis. Most of the time if there is some problem with Michael, Debbie has no qualms about darkening Brian's door. Michael has been known many, MANY times to happen up when Brian and Justin are fucking. Justin has even noted how Michael would seethe and watch them until Justin would lose his hard-on and Brian would be ready to commit murder."

 

"Ah, life with the Novotnys," Tucker mused aloud. There was just no end to the fuckery which could be laid at Michael's door. "Well I better get going. And remember, NO ONE gets in. I don't give a fuck if it's any member of the family, the Pope not even Christ himself, Emmett."

 

"I gotcha Tuck. In the meantime, I'll call everyone and tell them, especially John and Peter although I don't expect them anytime soon. Anthony, Sheila, Julienne, Gareth, Celene and Julienne's husband headed out shortly after the confrontation with Dixon. I know they were going to follow-up with Sarah and her team. Also Jules said that if Colby should check in to tell him to call her."

 

"Fuck is there anyone that woman does NOT know?" Tuck exclaimed but he was laughing as well.

 

"Between her, little John and Colby, I think they will be able to track Gus down. Also Sarah said that her guy Frankie is damn good too. I just hope they find him soon. And before Brian and Justin find out what is going on would be preferable. Brian's going to go batshit crazy; Justin and Gus are not to be played with," Emmett said.

 

Tucker nodded. It was yet another problem with this whole thing. On a good day, Brian Kinney was unpredictable. Today is a very bad day. "Lock up tight, Em," he reiterated as he made determined strides towards the front door.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The Assholeness of would be kidnappers

 

Ty was worried beyond measure about the little girl, same as his charge. While the others were gloating about Kip's bitch move, he was seething. Ty got a really good look at the young man across from him. He was his father's son not only in looks but his attitude as well. While the others were absorbed in their deviltry and planning their next move, the youngster sat there stoically, no doubt planning his escape.

 

Ty bit his lip. His main goal in this phase of the operation was to stay out of sight of Evangeline. She was the only one who knew that he wasn't what he said he was. To Kip and his cohorts, Ty was a down-on-his-luck musician who was on his last leg financially. He'd met Kip at Babylon of all places. He was amazed that the fucker was allowed in at all. He shook his head. Kinney probably wouldn't have expected Kip Thomas to have the balls to show up in his kingdom and honestly, Ty wouldn't have expected it either. But there was a half-million dollar payoff in this for the Adman and if he could also see the fall of his nemesis and the twink that almost ruined him, he would. It seemed everyone had an axe to grind against Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor merely because they had done what few others had-- they worked hard, played harder and loved each other the hardest.

 

Part of Ty's job was research for his team which included reconnaissance and computer hacking. A few days prior to arriving in Pittsburgh and in anticipation of the event he was now embroiled in, Ty hacked into Gus Kinney's school records. Although Gus was set to inherit his father's fortune and Kinnetik, Brian had encouraged the teen to take a sign language class since Gus had a friend who was deaf when he was younger. Gus liked it well enough that he continued to take all subsequent classes even after his friend moved from Toronto some years before Gus did. Fortunately, as part of his training, Ty was also well-versed in sign. All he could do was hope like hell that Gus wouldn't ignore him since he'd recognized him instantly from the office meeting during the Taylor-Kinney weekend party. What a fucking quandary.

 

Hey Gus. He watched as Gus tried deliberately to ignore him, not that he could blame him at all. This situation in its entirety was beyond fucked up. To Gus, he must look like a traitor but he really needed the boy to trust him. And the only way to do that, was to keep trying to communicate with the boy. Gus...Please... I know you know what I am saying. I'm here to help you.

 

Bullshit. You betrayed us.

 

No Gus I didn't, I promise. I'm undercover but they don't know that. Kip hired me to do this job. I need to find out where they are taking you to alert the team. The phone they took, was that the only one you have?

 

Gus looked at him with skepticism written clearly across his face. Ty's heart went out to the boy. He didn't ask for any of this-- hell none of them did-- but he really needed Gus to trust him. He watched Gus chew on his thumbnail, no doubt a habit he picked up from Brian. It almost caused him to laugh out loud at how much the boy favored his father. It wasn't only in looks but in mannerisms. Ty saw the moment that Gus decided to trust him.

 

Raising his hands hesitantly, he Gus signed, Betray me this time and I'll make sure my father kicks the shit out of you.  Gus pulled out his additional cell phone from his sock on the side of his instep. It never occurred to his kidnappers to search him thoroughly, relying on the fact that they had scared the kid into compliance. It was evident that Kip in all his arrogance at having captured the son of his enemy had forgotten that Gus was Brian Kinney's son which meant that he was cunning, resourceful and intelligent far beyond what a normal fifteen year old should be.

 

Fine, Gus. I'll accept that ass kicking although he'd have a helluva time following through with it. Now I need you to send a text quickly. Tell them that we are together and everything that you've heard so far. If you can leave out the vowels of every sentence; it will still be recognizable to whoever you send it to. It also means that you'll be able to get the message typed that much faster. I'll shield you. NOW HURRY!

 

He watched as Gus took a deep breath, his slightly shaking hands the only indicator of his nervousness at being in a moving van heading to an unknown destination. Gus typed quickly, his movements efficient, his eyes flying from left to right as he typed. Ty watched amazed as Gus went into the settings and switched on the GPS tracking unit within the phone. He didn't know how much good it would do but it was worth every shot they had. This was an assignment he and Gus would definitely need backup for. Ty tuned into the conversation happening in the front of the van even as he continued to shield Gus who resent the message in case the phone's WIFI acted up the first time.

 

"I heard that the boss will actually be there sometime today," The largest of the goons said.

 

"Yeah. According to Gardner he has a meeting with Evangeline and then she is coming personally to chat with our ‘special guest' back there. Personally if it were up to me, I would have shot the little fucker and left him with the bitch back at that strip mall. I owe Kinney for taking the one thing that was important from me when I needed it. Ryder was my ticket to becoming something. I could have really been somebody at that fucking company before Kinney and his fucking twink ruined my career."

 

"You're seriously not making any sense, Kip," the thinner of the goons said. Ty thought that his name was Calvin. "There has to be more to the story especially since Vance is your direct boss."

 

"First of all we are losing billions of dollars a year in revenue because our clients are jumping ship to go to Kinnetik. That's part of the reason Gardner wants Kinney eliminated. The second reason is that he wants Justin to work for him ONLY. My reason for wanting revenge against Justin Taylor goes a bit deeper than the doomed sexual harassment lawsuit.

 

Calvin looked at Kip closely as the other man shifted back and forth under his scrutiny. Calvin began to laugh out loud before saying, "You're fucking jealous. You're pissed that the blond gets to ride Brian Fucking Kinney every day and night while you don't."

 

"Fuck you," Kip sneered.

 

"Well at least somebody with a great dick is. I've been fucked by Kinney myself and he really is a great lay but you should have known better than to want more of that dick. You're lucky you got to experience it twice although I can't understand how you were able to pull that shit off. Usually as soon as he busted a nut in the condom encased in your ass, he FORGOT that he was in your ass in the first place. Justin's ass is truly memorable- well to look at in any rate. It makes both tops and bottoms salivate over the possibility of tasting it. He actually might let a guy rim him but no one but Brian Fucking Kinney is allowed inside. And by the way his cock is unforgettable too. Yeah, I've had that too on a separate occasion and in an orgy some years ago. He and Brian have raised tricking to much higher standards than they used to be. One of them at any time is memorable but together....they're FIRE! Too bad you'll never know that particular pleasure, Kip. You aren't even a blip on their radar if you ever were. I still don't understand how Kinney looked at you twice. You're not that hot and you're definitely NOT in the same caliber as Justin Taylor."

 

"You're an asshole and you're wrong about me being jealous of that fucking twink," Kip barked but the statement didn't ring true for anyone, including himself.

 

"Nope, I'm right. Not only does he have the man you want, he has the money and company that you will NEVER  have. Just accept it as your lot in life and move on already dude. You're never going to fuck them and you're never going to be them. After this shit is over with, find a way to do something worthwhile with your life and stop chasing uninterested parties. For someone who claims to have a brilliant mind you really are a dumb fuck Kip. Buy a fucking clue already..."

 

While Ty listened to the men argue back-and-forth about Kip's mental capacity, he once again communicated with Gus. Don't worry man. We'll get the fuck out of this.

 

I hope so. Because if we don't come out of it alive, there won't be anything to stop my dad from killing Kip and the rest. And I really can't lose him. Not after just getting him back again.


Ty wasn't usually a praying man but suddenly he found himself sending up one for strength and wisdom. Evangeline was a ruthless bitch and would stop at nothing to enact a revenge. Yeah.. he knew the reason why she had targeted Brian and Justin although he wasn't sure that Sarah and the Higgins did. He'd learned a lot when he had infiltrated Tamara St. Giles' organization just before her arrest for trafficking and murder. He could only hope that while he was trapped in the back of the van with Gus Kinney, that the messages he'd sent reached Phoenix and the Captain. If not, he and Gus were in deep shit trouble with no hope of getting out of it alive.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

The Final Goodbye

 

Melanie sat at the kitchen table still reeling from what the fuck she had just done. She couldn't just believe it herself. If anyone had ever told her that she would have taken that particular step-- that final irrevocable step-- into letting Linsday go, she would have laughed and told the person to get the fuck out of her face. But she was there. And most of all, she had wanted it.

 

After a comfortable breakfast with Gus and his subsequent departure, Melanie had offered to clean up the breakfast dishes deciding that she needed some time alone to make plans and figure out her life. She thought of the last ten years since the move to Canada and how she and Lindz had struggled to maintain their relationship. Sure Lindsay had had an affair but it was just that... a one-time only short lived fuck that had no emotional baggage attached. It was just her way of scratching an itch that couldn't be quelled from a talented tongue and a strap-on. Melanie understood that now. Lindsay's Bisexuality had always been between them-- both refusing to acknowledge the possibility but also unable to ignore the consequences. It wasn't a question of love or even a question of wanting; it was about getting a need met. Melanie had dried her hands after putting the last of the pre-rinsed dishes in the dishwasher and with her newfound knowledge of their relationship, she decided that it was finally time to have that ‘talk' with Lindsay.

 

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how one viewed the situation, Melanie walked in on a scene that disgusted her and intrigued her by turns. Lindsay was laid out on the bed, one leg raised and wrapped around Colby's neck while her other long leg was draped elegantly around his hip. Her long blonde hair ebbed and flowed off the side of the huge four-poster bed reminding Melanie of a silk curtain waving in a strong breeze. Melanie could literally see the sheen of sweat covering Lindsay's body even as Colby kept fucking her. One of Lindsay's hands had disappeared into the vee between her legs while the other held and played with one of her breasts. Melanie watched reluctantly as the long fingers of Colby's hand toyed with the nipple of her other breast.

 

The moans emitting from Lindsay caused Melanie to quake from the inside- a siren's call that she herself knew all too well. Without thought, Melanie had moved closer to that sound. Before she had a chance to control the impulse to touch, Melanie's fingers were already entwining with Lindsay's, providing an extra stimulation to her already overly-sensitized body. Her surprised eyes connected first with the green eyes of the man enthusiastically plunging into her ex-wife and then panned down to behold the brown eyes of Lindsay. Red-faced and ashamed of having so little self-control, Melanie attempted to pull back but Lindsay held her firmly in place.

 

Melanie saw the question in Lindsay's eyes even before the soft demand was given. "Stay," Lindsay commanded breathlessly.

 

"I... I," Melanie stuttered through her answer. On one hand, she knew that she shouldn't have been there but on the other, she just couldn't stop herself from wanting Lindsay. She had never seen the blonde look more beautiful or sensual than in that moment.

 

Mel's eyes  flicked over to Colby's silently asking for permission. He didn't say anything but nodded his head slightly, giving Melanie permission to make the decision for herself. He knew she was a bonafide lesbian and that not even participating in a threesome would change that. Melanie didn't like the idea of sharing but at the same time, she knew without a doubt that she had to know if there was anyway she could live in an arrangement where Lindsay had the best of both her worlds and Melanie could still have Lindsay.

 

With that thought in mind, Melanie undressed while Colby allowed the blond to switch positions to doggie style. Melanie jumped at the sound of the light smack and subsequent squeal she heard coming from the bed as Colby's large palm connected with Lindsay's ass. It had been so long since she'd heard that little girlish giggle that Lindsay always had during the light BDSM activities they had occasionally indulged in over the years. Sliding her body beneath Lindsay's, Melanie ran her fingers through Lindsay's hair. It was still as soft as she remembered and she closed her eyes, lost momentarily in the scent of scent of gardenias. She would never again smell the flower and not think of her former lover.

 

Melanie pulled Lindsay's lips to hers, tentatively at first but then more forcefully, sealing their tongues inside the wet heat. She gasped as Lindsay's tongue swirled around hers, the change in the tenor of the kiss more than evident. She couldn't remember a time when Lindsay had felt so free to be the sexual creature Mel had known existed but had disappeared some years before. That creature had made an appearance at the end of the first LBD episode of their lives but hadn't surfaced since. Melanie couldn't stop the press of tears forming behind her eyelids even as the light movement of Lindsay's body on top of her aroused her to the point of madness. She swallowed Lindsay's moan as the rocking continued above her; felt the shimmy of Lindsay's body as Colby reentered the sexual fray. As much as she hated that a man was invading the time she had with Lindsay, she was also grateful to him for fucking Lindsay as he was. Her pleasure was being doubled because Lindsay's was being heightened at the same time.

 

Melanie felt Lindsay's body being dragged down her own. She wanted to protest the loss of the plush lips that continuously caressed hers but the impulse to do so died as she felt her former lover's wet tongue bathing her. Her nipples hardened as she was bit sharply and licked and she couldn't stop the moan which bubbled out of her. Before and after Leda had visited their bed and just prior to the Sam episode, Lindsay was such a WASP in bed-- a super-controlled dictator who sometimes was only able to achieve pleasure by directing Melanie's every action. But seeing Lindsay free to be who she was without fear of reprisal from her, was probably the biggest turn-on to Melanie.

 

"Fuck me," she heard Lindsay's voice ring out to the man behind her.

 

Melanie felt it the minute Colby changed his angle since it cause Lindsay's breathing to also change. Lindsay brought her head up from Melanie's skin just long enough to throw a seductive smile at Colby who returned it. Mel's eyes connected with his again and she began to understand the attraction between he and Lindsay. They were alike; she could see that now. There wasn't any jealousy or malice in him as he looked down on his new lover and her ex-wife. It was just a matter of getting off and meeting needs; sex in its purest form between the three occupants of the bed. It was then that Melanie decided to stop over-analyzing and just enjoy the moment.

 

When Lindsay's mouth latched onto her between her thighs, Mel thought that she would cum right then. No one, not even Marianne, excelled at cunnilingus like Lindsay did. Absolutely no one. Mel felt her body begin to shiver from the inside out as Lindsay flicked over her clit repeatedly, moaning against her center as Colby pounded into Lindz from behind.  

 

"Please," Melanie barely recognized her own voice as it begged for release.

 

She looked down her body to see Lindsay smile. "What is it that you're asking for Mel?" Lindsay asked just before she lowered her head again, teasing Mel's labia but deliberately avoiding her vibrating nub.

 

Mel made a noise that sounded like a partial whine and grunt of frustration. "Make me cum, damnit! Lindsay, fucking please..." She couldn't finish her sentence as Lindsay had chosen that exact moment to introduce her fingers into the mix while still keeping her tongue in play.

 

Melanie's relief was short-lived as Lindsay decided to settle in for the long haul and make her suffer that much more. She pushed her fingers inside and then as soon as she would feel Mel's walls start to milk her digits, Lindsay would pull back and wait for Mel's pending orgasm to subside. Melanie was trying to decide if  Lindsay was being sadistic or if she was honestly just trying to prolong their moment of closure. By the time Lindsay allowed Melanie one small orgasm, the brunette had decided that Lindsay was definitely punishing her even as Lindz started the process all over again.

 

For his part, Colby was on the brink of tears from laughing at the entire situation. Although he knew he had no reason to be jealous of Melanie, it didn't stop him from being a little apprehensive when he'd looked up to find her caressing Lindsay's tit. When he had looked down at the blonde and saw the desire in her eyes for both him and Melanie, he resigned himself to the threesome. Based on the morning's events, Colby knew that they both needed closure and if them fucking was going to get it, he was all for it so that they each could move forward in their lives.

 

He slowed his pelvis down to a snail's pace as he watched with fascination as Lindsay continuously tortured Melanie. He knew that part of his was about revenge but the other part of Lindsay's treatment of Melanie was so that neither woman would forget the other. This was their last time and all three of them knew it. Colby began to rev up the speed in which he entered Lindsay again shortly after she'd allowed Melanie a small release to take the edge off. Keeping a steady pace, he followed the moaning decrees made by both women. Lindsay would listen to what Melanie would say or more accurately stutter out and then Colby would listen to Lindsay's body. He had to admit that he was enjoying himself. He'd been with plenty of women but the two before him were two of the most incendiary females he'd ever met. A breath here and a lick there and both would combust. It was a fucking pleasure to watch and be a part of.

 

Colby reached down and wrapped his hands in Lindsay's hair, directing the pressure of her mouth against Mel's pussy. The brunette screamed while Lindsay moaned against her and Colby changed the angle to flow over the blonde's g-spot. His actions caused both women to increase their own writhing which in turn made him fuck Lindsay harder. It wasn't long before he heard the orgasmic proclamations from both women and finally felt free to pour himself into Lindsay.

 

As the three of them laid there to catch their breath from the intense fuck session, he noticed how quiet both Lindsay and Melanie had gotten. He lifted his head slightly off the pillow to watch the scene play out before him. Lindsay had reached over to touch Mel's face, while the brunette had turned into the caress. He realized that whatever had needed to be said physically between them had been, and that all that was left to do was to have the inevitable conversation. He removed himself from the bed, suggesting that they do the same and meet downstairs for coffee. He was going to go for a run.

 

As Mel stared into the snowy landscape, she remembered Colby's parting words as he'd left to give the two women some privacy.

 

"Say what needs to be said for both of your sakes. But leave it all on the table and then finally go on with your lives. Whether you and Marianne make it is anyone's guess, but I'm not letting go of Lindz," his brogue was the thickest she'd ever heard it.

 

"I know Colby. But hey listen... thanks."

 

He'd looked at her with those startling green eyes, at first suspiciously, but then softening as he realized the truth of her words. Mel was relieved. She really did like the Irishman and more than that, after the episode upstairs, she appreciated him even more. Melanie heard Lindsay before she spotted her by the stairs. Freshly showered she was still the most amazing and beautiful woman, Mel had ever laid eyes on. Once again, she regretted their hurtful actions in their past, things done to divide them and things which had ultimately resulted in the death of their marriage.

 

Melanie cleared her throat. "You know, Lindz, I wonder if we should have ever started up again after that whole Gui episode."

 

"What?" Lindsay had grabbed a cup of coffee and seated herself directly across from Mel.

 

"Gui... you remember the french guy you were going to marry when Gus was about six months old?"

 

Lindsay laughed lightly. "I remember him. I wonder what happened to him sometimes. But back to your statement, why would you feel that way, Mel?"

 

"It's just that so much of this pain could have been avoided Lindsay. We've hurt each other far more than should have been necessary for us to get the picture that we didn't belong together."

 

"But Mel, I choose not to think of it that way," Lindsay said as she reached across the table to hold the brunette's hand. "You and me... we've had some really great moments, Mel. We've had some victories in our lives that no one else but us could have appreciated. We've also had some battles that couldn't be fought without each other. If it weren't for you, I would technically still be stuck reliving the nightmares I had from the Babylon bombing. And I wouldn't have gotten the courage to stand up for myself in so many situations."

 

"Even if you were standing up to me," Melanie laughed.

 

Lindz smiled in return. "Well if you can't tell your lover what you think, who can you tell?"

 

"Lindz, Marianne..."

 

"You don't owe me an explanation Melanie. Marianne happened; we were falling apart. I know that and I'm okay with it."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah I am. After I stormed out of here this morning, Colby and I had a long talk about it. The truth is that I knew we were over before you even started seeing her. I wasn't happy Mel, and it had nothing to do with you or the kids. It was that I was denying everything about myself. Sure I'd have the occasional liaison with a man but it wouldn't mean anything; just a need to scratch an itch. By then though, I'd found that I needed to scratch the itch more and more and I was becoming discontent with my lot in life."

 

"Why didn't you say anything?" Mel genuinely wanted to know.

 

"Remember how angry you were about Sam? You reamed me out in the middle of that party for sleeping with him. Yet I know that you felt that you shared some of the blame because I was confused about what I wanted for my life. You kept thinking that you weren't enough which couldn't have been further from the truth. So no, I couldn't tell you this; couldn't add to your grief and worry about something you really had no control over. Besides we were in fucking Canada- no family, few friends and no one who had been around us from the beginning."

 

"Did you tell Brian?"

 

Lindsay nodded but hurried to explain at Melanie's crestfallen look. "It wasn't like what you're thinking. Over the years I've only gone to him three times with this kind of issue. First there was my conflicting feelings about Leda's advent into our lives. Brian had told me in so many words that I had what it took to keep you happy. Then there was the issue of Sam. Brian told me that I had to decide what I wanted and needed. And then this time, I went to him with the realization that I am in fact Bi and that I don't view sex in the same way as straight people or gay people. He told me that it doesn't make me a bad person; just a human."

 

"I never thought I would say this but he gave you solid advice," Melanie reluctantly acknowledged.

 

Lindsey smiled in response. "He's not the asshole you always thought him to be, Mel. Honest to a fault; doesn't sugarcoat the truth to make it comfortable to digest, not even for himself. Brian has a way of cutting straight through the bullshit to see the truth of things... much like yourself."

 

Melanie thought about it. That was always a source of contention between her and Brian. She sighed. "So this is goodbye then?"

 

"Let's look at it like this, Mel. We'll say ‘goodbye' as lovers but ‘hello' as friends. I think that's a facet of our relationship that needed to be rekindled long ago and worth saving."

 

"Deal!" Melanie exclaimed as she rose from her seat to embrace Lindsay.

 

As they were finishing up their conversation, Colby stormed into the house with Tuck and Ben in tow. He didn't waste time on preliminaries. "Something has happened..."

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

 

Hello Karma my old friend

 

The bright light coming from his right stung his eyes. Ordinarily, sunlight didn't bother Craig; in fact he loved it. It used to remind him of Jennifer and Justin- their hair and their smiles. Molly had her mother's smile but had inherited the strawberry in her blonde locks from his mother. His family was his pride and joy at one time. He'd pinned many hopes on his children to carry on his legacy, to build a family of their own which would carry on the Taylor name. But there was just one disappointment after the other beginning with his so-called eldest son. Justin. Never a more willful fucker had Craig encountered in his entire life. No matter how much Craig hurt him, Justin rose above it. No matter how much life tried to maim him, beat him and in some ways kill him, Justin soared. Even before Craig had been wheeled into surgery he had tried his best to reach Justin, to make him realize how worthless he was in spite of being rich and successful. What good was a man if he couldn't be useful to his family? But Justin had stood strong and stared him down even as Craig could see the hurt he was inflicting become hate in Justin's expressive eyes. Part of Craig had wished that Justin would have murdered him then the fucker would have been carted off to jail and thus bringing his life to an end. But his plan had once again backfired. Justin was somewhere living his life while Craig was headed off to jail. No doubt Justin ran straight to the police with all that he had revealed in his convalescent rage. The best that Craig could hope for was that he would be able to make a deal somehow to serve less time in prison. Sure he was culpable in every aspect of the fall of Brian Kinney and his former son but still there had to be something he could bargain with, right?

 

"Oh good, Mr. Taylor, you're awake."

 

"Who are you?" Craig asked the doctor standing by his bedside.

 

"Oh I'm sorry, you probably don't remember. I'm Doctor Troy Bradley. I actually operated on you this afternoon. You're in the recovery room until we can give you a room."

 

Craig nodded. "So what's the verdict, Doc? When will I be allowed to go home?"

 

Troy pulled up the chair bedside and took a seat. Usually he wasn't happy with the news he had to share but knowing that this man had caused such harm to his friends and to Daphne, he couldn't say that he was sorry to be the ‘bearer of bad news' to this man before him. "How about I tell what we've done to save you life first and then I can answer all of your subsequent questions."

 

"Fine. Fine, get on with it," Craig snapped. He couldn't explain it but he felt that the doctor was taking a sort of perverse joy in delaying the answers to his most fervent questions. Craig had meeting with Stockwell, Hobbs and Vance in a little less than an hour. He needed to at least be on the phone since there was no fucking way he was leaving the hospital today.

 

Troy saw the man's impatience and although tempted to draw it out further, he was more than anxious to get the hell out of the same room with the asshole. "As you wish, Mr. Taylor. The bottom line is this. The level of injuries sustained when your car flipped over multiple times were rather life-threatening. The fact that you waited to have the surgery until your son arrived compounded the injury. You died on the table twice in which my team was able to revive you."

 

"Thank you," Craig said automatically.

 

Troy smiled sardonically. "You're welcome although... well Mr. Taylor there really isn't an easy way to say this so I'll just spit it out. Your spine was severed in three places. Unfortunately there was nothing we could do to mend it. Although your right leg-- as well as the left-- is technically dead, your femur which is where all of your blood cells are made, had a hairline fracture in it which we were able to take care of. We suspect the fracture happened while you were pressing the brake of your car as it rolled down into the ravine. The other internal injuries included fractured ribs, bruised kidneys and a dislocated testicle which were also taken care of during the surgery. The good news is that you're alive. The bad news is that you'll be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of your life." Troy quieted allowing the man to absorb all of the information he'd just imparted. He saw the second it registered that Craig fully understood yet could help but ask the question.

 

"Are you saying that I am a quadriplegic?"

 

"Yes, Mr. Taylor, that is exactly what I am saying."

 

"FUCK!! I ought to sue you for not letting me die!"

 

Troy smirked. "That would have meant my job, Mr. Taylor. If there is one thing I don't play around with, it is my medical license. To intentionally allow you to expire on my table regardless of my feelings toward your cowardly, bigoted ass would have meant that I could no longer do what I love. In essence, it would have put me in the position that you are now."

 

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

 

Troy smiled wide then. "I'm talking about the fact that the FBI is just outside of this door. I'm sure they're going to come in here and Mirandize you but forgive me but I've always wanted to say this: You played with a supposed pussy-- two of them actually-- but it looks like you're the one who's getting fucked. I'll let Justin know that you're out of surgery and that you're also under arrest. I'm sure he won't spare you another thought." Troy opened the door even as the man behind him was trying to order him back. "Sarah, he's all yours. Have fun with him." He leaned down and kissed her cheek even as he took one more look back at Craig to make sure he was watching. He snickered and left her to her job.

 

Craig screeched seeing his nemesis approach his hospital bed. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE, PHOENIX? Is this some kind of joke? SECURITY!!!!!"

 

Sarah laughed loud and long at the bedridden man's dramatics. When he noticed that there was no more help coming to aid beyond the two subordinate agents behind her, he finally quieted. "Nice to see you again, Craig, under much better circumstances...well at least they're better for me."

 

"Fuck you!"

 

"Nah...nah, Craig. That was the other way around if I recall. Looks like you won't be able to take a dick up your ass again. But on second thought, you will have to be turned every two hours even in prison during the night as you sleep. Perhaps some lonely guard or prisoner will take pity on you and tickle your prostate then." She chuckled as Craig squinched his eyes shut. "Well you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as they have been given to you?"

 

Craig grunted in response.

 

Sarah chuckled. "It's so nice that you aren't talkative like so many other of my detainees. I'm going to cuff you to the bed, not that I think you really need it but I'd rather not tempt fate where you're concerned. We'll see what we can do about finding you a wheelchair to suit your needs. In the meantime, lay back, relax and rest."

 

"Aren't you going to offer me a deal?" Craig pleaded.

 

Sarah smiled. "That's not my job but if there is something you want to tell me...oh let's say about the kidnapping of Gus Kinney or the shooting of Jenny Rebecca Peterson-Marcus, I may be willing to listen. You know what they say Craig, ‘Confession is good for the soul.' It won't exonerate you of any wrongdoing but it may unburden your conscious if there is one. Gus is 15 and Jenny 13; they have nothing to do with your war on Brian and Justin and should never have been involved. If this were Molly and Justin at these ages, wouldn't you do whatever you could to help get them back? Or better yet, if these were your kids with...ummm what's her name?"

 

"Madison."

 

"Yes, with Madison, wouldn't you want someone to help you get your kids back?" Sarah could see the moment Craig's resolve had broken.

 

"I'll tell you what you want to know."

 

"Good Craig. At least you can go to jail with a clear conscious and I'll try to put in a good word for you with the Warden." She wouldn't but he didn't need to know that. The Warden of the federal prison that Craig would most likely be assigned to is as big a dyke as Brian is gay. He'd have better luck wishing for the Pope to visit and issue him last rites.

 

Sarah opened her phone and pressed the record button as Craig sung like the proverbial canary, detailing every facet of the operation he was involved in culminating in the kidnapping of Gus Kinney to lure Brian and Justin-- Justin specifically-- to the compound. There he was to exchange himself for the teenager and be handed over, first to Sapperstein to fuck, and the to Gardner Vance for him to essentially save Vanguard from Kinnetik. As for Kinney, he was to be killed execution style while watching Justin with Sapperstein.

 

"The boss' name is Evangeline and she holds Brian and Justin personally responsible for her having to kill someone she loved. Apparently my deviant son and his whorish lover fucked her fiance and he decided that he no longer liked pussy. This is her revenge," Craig finished quietly.

 

"Do you hate your son so much that you would allow this to happen to him?" Sarah was appalled at the scheme but most of all that a father would stand by willingly and watch this happen to his child no matter how old.

 

"I have no son."

 

"And now you have no life," Sarah answered forcefully. She stood up no longer able to look at the man without feeling anything but the need to put a bullet in his head. "Rodriguez and Neal, no one and I mean NO ONE gets into this room except Dr. Troy Bradley or Dr. Daphne Chanders who is assisting with this case and acts as his second. I doubt Molly and Jennifer will want to visit him at all and Justin certainly won't. If anyone and I mean ANYONE tries to force their way into THIS room, SHOOT THEM. Or I kill you, got it?"

 

"Yes Agent Morrissey," the men answered in unison.

 

"Hey what about my deal? Will you talk to the Attorney General for me?" Craig voice had taken on that of a small child.

 

Sarah looked back at him with fire in her eyes, although her voice was very controlled when she spoke. "Not on your fucking life... or what's left of it." She exited the room in search of the Taylors minus Justin.

 

The sight that greeted her as she entered the emergency waiting room would have been funny if she didn't know that Daphne Chanders.... Dr. Daphne Chanders could lose her medical license for throwing lightning-fast jabs at her target and showed no inclination to stop any time soon.

 

"What a fucking day," she sighed as she went in the direction of the melee to save a vixen from jail time.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

TBC SOON!!