- Text Size +

 

Almost But Not Quite

Chapter 18





“Um … let’s go, Brian,” Justin said trying to encourage Brian to back up and let him out of the house.

“Seems like your landlady has something she wants to say to me,” Brian replied smugly.

“You’re fucking right I do,” Debbie screeched standing up and moving around the couch to confront Brian.

“I’ve heard it all before, Deb. I’m just picking up Justin then I won’t darken your doorway again.”

“Since when do you go on dates, asshole?” Debbie demanded.

“I do what I like, and I happen to like Justin,” Brian snarked. Justin smiled at Brian’s admission. Brian hadn’t wanted a scene for Justin’s sake, but he wasn’t going to back down from Debbie.

“Yeah, you’ve always done what you liked … and said what you liked,” Debbie countered, thinking about Brian had said about Vic. That had caused the rift between them.

Brian smiled slightly and nodded in agreement. He knew what she was thinking about. He wouldn’t take his words back because they were true, but those words had hurt her. She had hurt him as a result, but that was months ago.

“Why haven’t you come to see me in all this time?” Debbie asked.

“When you told me never to come here again, I took you at your word. I was merely following your wishes.”

“This from the person who says and does whatever he likes. Since when do you listen to me?” Debbie asked, her voice softening. “I’ve missed you, Kiddo.”

“I missed you too, Maw,” Brian said. Suddenly he found Debbie’s arms around him and the breath being crushed out of him.

“Oooh,” Emmett squealed in happiness. He clapped his hands. “It’s about fucking time.”

“You been okay?” Debbie whispered into Brian’s ear.

“I’m fine.”

“That’s good.”

Justin cleared his throat, when there seemed to be no end in sight for the hug. “Um … Brian, should we get going?”

“Yeah, yeah, we should,” Brian said although he seemed as reluctant to let go of Debbie as she was of him.

“You take good care of my Sunshine,” Debbie warned Brian.

“Sunshine?” Brian asked.

“Haven’t you noticed that fucking smile?” Debbie asked cupping Justin’s chin and causing one of the smiles of which she had just been speaking.

“Yeah, I noticed,” Brian responded. “Let’s go, Sunshine.”

Justin heard the front door of Debbie’s house close behind them. “Sorry about that, Brian. I didn’t know that…”

“It’s not your fault,” Brian replied. “I could have told you I wouldn’t pick you up here, but I didn’t want to have to explain. It’s a long, boring story.”

Justin glanced at Brian. Even though Brian had been called an asshole and told to get out and then hugged to within an inch of his life, Brian looked as cool and suave as he always did. Justin began to realize that Brian had mastered the nonchalant façade, and the snark that he used so well. It was a form of protection. He would have to remember that, he thought as he got into Brian’s Jeep.

“So, where are we going?”

“Pappagano’s.”

“I thought you might not want to go back there after what happened last time,” Justin said softly.

“That did occur to me, but I have a reputation to uphold. When I walk in with you on my arm, all rumors of my imminent demise will be laid to rest.”

Justin frowned. He wasn’t sure what any of that meant. “If you’re sure,” he said hoping that made sense.

Brian smiled. “I’m very sure, now let’s enjoy our evening.”

“I can’t believe we’re actually out on a date … and it’s going to happen,” Justin giggled.

That giggle would be the death of him, Brian thought. But there were many worse ways to die than with Justin Taylor in his bed. “Did you notice that I didn’t wince when you said the ‘D’ word?” he asked.

“Yes, I’m very proud of you,” Justin giggled again.

“I think you’ve said it to me so many times that the sting has worn off.”

“Or maybe you’re finally ready to have a date.”

Brian looked thoughtful for a moment before glancing over at the handsome young man who sat in his car. “You could be right.” Justin smiled, one of his full force best. “I can see where Debbie got the Sunshine moniker,” Brian chuckled.

“Did you call her maw?” Justin asked with a frown. “She’s not really your mother, is she?”

Brian shook his head. “I should have been so lucky. Debbie was far more of a mother to me than my own mother ever was.”

“Really?” Justin wondered what Brian’s actual mother must be like if Debbie was the better choice, although Debbie certainly was a kind and generous person in her own unique way.

“Here we are,” Brian said pulling up to Pappagano’s. They got out and Brian let the valet parking attendant take the car. He steered Justin inside basking in the admiring looks that they received from those dining at the restaurant.

The maitre d’ treated Brian like royalty and they had a lovely dinner with a couple of bottles of wine thrown in. Justin tried several times to get Brian to talk more about Debbie and his friends, and also his family. But it was soon very evident how adept Brian was at redirecting the conversation to be about Justin or to turn it to a topic he felt more comfortable with.

When they left the restaurant, Brian gave the valet his ticket and they stood at the curb waiting for the Jeep to be brought around.

“I had a lovely dinner, Brian,” Justin said with a smile. “Thanks for inviting me.”

“You’re welcome. And you earned it with your help with the Liberty Air ads. But I hope you don’t think the evening’s over yet.”

“I hope it isn’t,” Justin smiled. “What else did you have in mind?”

“I thought you might like to see those finished boards for the Liberty Air campaign that you helped me nab.”

“You got the account?” Justin asked with a wide smile.

Brian smirked and looked very self satisfied. “Signed, sealed and delivered. I told you this was a celebration dinner.”

“That’s great, so are we going to Kinnetik?” Justin asked.

“No, I have the boards at home. I thought we’d be more comfortable there and we can have a drink … if you’d like.”

“Oh? Okay, yeah, sure.”

“You don’t sound very sure.”

“It’s just that …I…”

“You think I’m going to attack you and rip your clothes off?” Brian asked tongue in cheek. That was exactly what he wanted to do.

Justin felt himself blushing. “Of course not,” Justin replied, although somewhere inside he was wishing that might be what would happen.

“Then let’s go.”

They climbed into the car and drove in silence to the loft building not far from Liberty Avenue. Brian parked the car and they used the elevator to arrive at the door of the loft. Brian unlocked the door and he walked inside. Brian took off his suit jacket and tossed it towards the sofa. Justin watched it fly through the air and land with precision on the back of the sofa. Justin chuckled and wondered how many times Brian had used that move to impress a guest. It still worked.

“Thirsty?” Brian asked pulling a bottle of water out of the fridge.

He opened it and looked up at Justin. Justin half expected Brian to pour the water over his head. He could just picture a dripping wet and naked Brian Kinney. Justin felt himself grow hard at the visual he was imagining. Brian merely took a long drink from the bottle.

“Maybe later,” Justin managed to say. “You have a … really nice place.”

“Thanks,” Brian said with that little crooked grin of his. “It serves its purpose.”

To impress and bring in tricks, Justin thought to himself. “Where are the boards for Liberty Air?” Justin asked feeling that that was a safe topic.

“The bedroom,” Brian replied nonchalantly as he took another drink from his bottle of water.

“The bedroom? How subtle,” Justin giggled.

Shit, Brian thought. When he does that I want to throw him on the floor and fuck him right through it. Brian cleared his throat. “They’re leaning against the dresser,” he said hoping his voice sounded normal.

“You could have left them leaning against the sofa,” Justin said, but he couldn’t stop himself from looking up the steps into the bedroom.

“That would have spoiled the esthetic of the living room,” Brian smirked. “And I wanted to impress my guest.”

“Well, you have,” Justin said evenly. “Are you going to bring the boards down?”

“Why don’t we go up there and look at them?” Brian suggested.

“I … I think the light’s better down here.”

“Fine,” Brian said as he walked up the steps and returned with the boards. He lined them up against the back of the sofa and they both stared at them for a couple of minutes.

“They’re perfect,” Justin whispered. “I don’t think they could be any better.”

Brian smiled. “I thought so too, but most important of all … the people from Liberty Air loved them.”

“I can see why they would,” Justin said.

“Would you like a drink now?” Brian asked. “I have beer or wine or something harder.”

Justin swallowed. Brian was encouraging him to stay. That was a good sign. “I think I could use a scotch,” Justin said.

Brian smiled. “I’ll join you.” He walked over to the bar cart and poured them each a glass with a couple of fingers of scotch in it. “Cheers,” he said as he downed most of what was in his glass.

Justin took a sip of his. His stomach was flipping around rather erratically and he wasn’t sure how the scotch would stay down. He felt the burn as it slid down his throat and into his stomach. The warmth flowed through his body, and maybe it was that which gave him the courage. He tossed back the rest of his drink. With an easy grace that belied his trembling fingers he took off his suit jacket and tossed it in the direction of Brian’s.

“Let’s fuck,” he said boldly, or as boldly as he could muster when his insides were in such turmoil.

Brian gulped and choked on his last bit of scotch. With a cough to clear his throat and help him regain his sense of balance, he stared at Justin and smoothly said, “I thought you’d never ask.”

Advancing on each other like predatory animals, their bodies collided near the sofa. Before either of them could breathe or think … or pause, they were glued together. Tongues were down throats and lips burned from the savage force with which they met. Groins bucked against each other and hands and arms pressed with all the strength they had. No parts of their bodies could have any space between them. The need was such that they were plastered to each other with a magnetic force that threatened to rip them both apart if they didn’t get what they needed … and what they needed was each other.

Suddenly they gasped as they broke free of their kiss. Clothes were yanked at, and shoved up or down, and ripped off, and discarded everywhere. Hair was pulled and backs arched as they came together once again, this time in all their naked glory.

The floor was littered with the remnants of their wardrobes, as Brian turned Justin around and lips still locked together, started walking him backwards towards the steps that led to the bedroom. And the bed was what he needed. At the bottom of the steps, Brian lifted his lips from Justin’s long enough to gasp, “Stairs.”

Justin raised his foot and Brian propelled him up and back with the force of his next kiss. Justin hoped he remembered correctly that there were two steps or he would be flat on his ass with Brian on top of him. But that would be okay too. Justin tried to giggle but found that no sound escaped because he was so tightly impaled against Brian with every exposed cell of his body.

Brian continued to negotiate Justin toward the bed. They kissed and moaned and grabbed frantically at each other. Justin felt the back of his leg hit the edge of the bed and then he was falling. And Brian was falling too, refusing to break the kiss that was still consuming them both.

They landed with a thud on the bed knocking the air out of both of them. Brian raised up slightly and rubbed his swollen and aching cock along Justin’s groin. He heard Justin whisper his name, as he released the swollen and reddened lips.

“Now!” Brian commanded.

“Yes,” Justin gasped. “I want you.” Brian reached for a condom. He was about to apply it to his cock when Justin tapped his arm. “I’ve never done this before,” Justin whispered, “so go slow.”

Brian nodded and willed himself to slow down. “Roll over,” he commanded.

“Huh?”

“Roll over.”

Justin turned onto his stomach. He wanted to look at Brian while they fucked, but he wasn’t about to argue. He felt Brian nip at his shoulders and the soft area where his neck and shoulders met. He groaned as he felt Brian slide down his body. And then a tongue laid a trail of wet licks and kisses down his spine … and then further down to the crack of his ass. Justin gasped as the tongue slid into the crack and across his pucker. It was all he could do not to scream at the sensation. His fingers grabbed at the sheets and held on. Something had to keep him from flying into a million pieces.

And then he almost did as he felt Brian’s tongue probe at his pucker and breach the first ring of muscle.

“Oh my fucking God!” Justin cried.

“I’m just getting started,” Brian said trying to sound reassuring. “Stay with me.”

Justin nodded and gave himself over to the tongue that probed deeper and deeper into his ass. Brian worked the pucker open as much as he could with his tongue.

“Stop, Brian, stop, or I’m going to come. I can’t stand it,” Justin begged.

“Yes, you can. Stay still.”

Justin whimpered and buried his face into the bed clothes. He heard Brian doing something and then felt the coolness of a well lubed finger being inserted.

“Oh fuck, Brian. I have to come,” Justin pleaded.

“Roll over,” Brian ordered.

Justin turned and begged with his eyes for Brian to touch him and let him come. Brian shook his head.

“We’re going to do this together, Justin. Relax for a minute. Take a deep breath.”

Justin sucked in some air and then he had to ask. “Is it going to hurt?’

Brian nodded. “There’s always pain before the pleasure, but I’ll take it slow and easy.”

“Okay,” Justin whispered. He felt like he was back under some semblance of control.

He watched Brian slide the condom onto his dick. Brian squirted lube into his hand and smoothed it along his length. He took the tube and injected some lube into Justin’s ass.

“It’s cold,” Justin gasped.

“It’ll heat up,” Brian said gently. “Ready.”

Justin nodded as Brian hoisted his legs onto his shoulders. He positioned his cock at Justin’s hole and pressed forward. Justin grimaced as the organ penetrated his body. It hurt like fuck and he gasped in pain. Brian stopped and waited until Justin’s face relaxed. The blue eyes that had scrunched up in pain opened wide after a minute. They stared into Brian’s eyes. Brian vowed to make this a memorable night for his blond virgin.

“Okay?” Brian asked. Justin nodded. “It gets better,” Brian promised. He leaned in for another scorching kiss as he pressed a little further into Justin’s body. “Almost there,” he whispered against Justin’s neck.

Brian straightened a little and repositioned Justin’s legs on his shoulders. With a final thrust he was fully inside. Justin’s eyes were wide with wonder. Brian stayed still as he looked into the blue eyes. After a moment Justin smiled slightly. He had never done or felt anything quite like this. The feeling of being filled and complete was amazing. He wanted the rest of it.

“Please, Brian,” he begged.

Brian smiled and leaned down for another kiss. He could almost feel Justin’s toes curling over his shoulders. He pulled back when the kiss ended and then plunged forward. The satisfying smack as their bodies came together caught them both by surprise. They smiled at each other as Brian began to pump in and out. The look of wonder and enjoyment grew on Justin’s face as Brian made sure each stroke hit its mark. Justin began to clutch at Brian’s arms as the sensory and physical assault on his body and senses continued.

“Brian, oh fuck! Yes, right there,” Justin moaned.

Brian continued his thrusts enjoying the happiness he could now see on Justin’s face. It made him feel happy too. Usually he just felt lust and then the ultimate satisfaction of his orgasm, but this time something was different. Something about that sunshine smile made him feel happy too.

He grasped Justin’s cock and then tugged on it in time with his strokes. He felt his orgasm building until Justin cried out and was coming in his hand. Justin’s ass clenched around his cock. “I love you, Sunshine,” Brian gasped as he shot his load using every remaining ounce of strength he still possessed.

“Brian,” Justin groaned as the man collapsed on top of him.

“Justin,” Brian replied trying to hold onto the one bit of the world that he still had in his hand. Otherwise he was about to slide off and fall into God knows what.

“I’ve got you,” Justin whispered, feeling Brian’s softening dick slide out of him. “I’m here and I’ve got you. I love you too.”

He felt Brian stiffen in his arms.