- Text Size +

 

Almost But Not Quite

Chapter 20





The next time Justin awoke, he was alone in the bed. He sat up looking through the spaces between the glass panels to see if he could see Brian anywhere. There was no sign of anyone.

“Brian,” Justin called. There was no answer.

Justin frowned and swung his legs out of the bed. He glanced at his sketch of Brian’s eyes before heading to the bathroom. He couldn’t stop smiling as he took a pee and then stepped into the shower to rinse off once again. He couldn’t believe that it was Brian who had bought his sketch. Justin lathered himself and pried the dried cum off his chest. He fingered his ass which was indeed rather raw and sore, but he wouldn’t change that for anything in the world.

Stepping out of the shower, Justin dried off and pulled on his underwear. He wished he had some clean ones to wear, but he didn’t want to start snooping through Brian’s drawers and closets to find something else that he could put on. He walked down the steps from the bedroom looking around the loft as he did so. His stomach rumbled, so he headed for the glamorous state of the art kitchen. He pulled open the fridge door and had to chuckle. It was practically empty. Obviously, Brian didn’t use his fabulous kitchen for cooking.

There was a container of some kind of juice and he lifted it out, smelling the opening to make sure it wasn’t bad. It seemed all right, so Justin poured himself a glass. It tasted kind of strange, not like any of the juices he was familiar with. He read the container which told him it was guava juice. He’d never tasted that before, but it wasn’t bad.

He looked around the loft. It really was an impressive area. He could hardly imagine living there. There was very little in the way of personal items anywhere in the spacious loft. Justin frowned at that realization. He finished his glass of juice and turned to set the glass on the counter. The clock on the stove told him it was almost noon.

“Shit!” he reacted.

He hustled across the loft to the computer desk. Brian’s cordless sat in its base. He picked it up and punched in Debbie’s home number.

“Please, be there,” Justin prayed.

“Hello.”

“Debbie, it’s Justin. Can you get someone to cover my shift today?” he asked.

“Where the fuck are you?” she demanded. “Did that goddam Brian Kinney abandon you somewhere? I can come and get you.”

“No, no, Deb, it’s nothing like that. Can you cover the shift for me?”

“I guess so, but tell me where you are.”

“Thanks, Deb.” Justin hung up before Debbie could ask him any more questions.

He knew he was scheduled for a shift at noon the following day as well. He’d have to make sure he was home in time for that. Brian would probably kick him out later today anyway. Where the hell was Brian? Justin frowned and looked around. He wasn’t sure what he should do. Wandering around the loft in his underwear didn’t seem like a very good plan, but he didn’t want to put his suit back on … at least not yet.

He walked around the desk and sat down in the chair. He was tempted to start up the computer, but thought that might be a bit presumptuous. He looked at the items lying on the desk, and then his heart skipped a beat. He reached out and picked up the piece of paper he had spotted.

It was a check made out to him in the amount of five hundred dollars. He stared at it for a minute wondering what it meant. In the bottom left was written, “Services Rendered.” What the fuck did that mean? Justin stared at the check trying to grasp its intent. And then it hit him. “Fuck!” he gasped in disbelief.

At that moment the door to the loft slid back and Brian entered carrying a paper bag and two containers of coffee. “I see you finally woke up.”

“What the fuck is this?” Justin demanded waving the check under Brian’s nose.

“Snooping I see,” Brian smirked.

“Tell me what the fuck this means.”

Brian frowned. Justin appeared to be really angry. “It’s a check,” Brian said. “You know, as in money, made out to you. It was a surprise for later.”

“Surprise? You have some fucking nerve.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Brian demanded.

“You think you can fucking buy me?” Justin practically screamed at Brian. “Well, if you could, it would cost you a fucking lot more than what this check is made out for. I … I can’t believe you could be so crass.”

“I have crass down to a fine science,” Brian retorted feeling anger build at Justin’s reaction to what was meant to be a nice gesture. “Just ask any of my friends.”

“Oh, I get it now,” Justin yelled. “That’s why Debbie called you an asshole. I see how right she was.”

“What the fuck does Debbie have to do with this, and why are you so angry?”

Justin grabbed his suit pants that were still lying in a heap on the floor. He tried to get his leg into them, but they were all twisted and turned inside out. He couldn’t do more than jab his toes at the hole and hop around on one foot.

“Here, let me help,” Brian said setting down the coffee and paper bag on the counter and trying to grab Justin’s arm to steady him.

“Leave me the fuck alone,” Justin yelled as he finally managed to get one leg into the pants. “You think you can buy me. You don’t fucking know shit!”

“Buy you? I’m not trying to buy you,” Brian protested finding it hard not to laugh at Justin’s futile attempts to get his pants on.

“Fucking asshole! Like you think you can buy me for five hundred fucking bucks! Stupid shithead!”

“Okay, I’ll double the price,” Brian said.

“Fuck you! I’m not for sale!”

“You keep saying that,” Brian said in exasperation. “Will you please tell me what the fuck has set you off?”

“You leave a check for ‘Services Rendered’ after the night we spent together. Well I’m not a whore, Brian. I didn’t do any of that for payment. I may have no money at the mo…”

“Shut up!” Brian ordered grabbing Justin and pulling him against his body. He held on tight until Justin stopped struggling. That was when he heard the sob that escaped Justin’s body. “Justin,” he said gently.

“How could you think that I would do that for money?” Justin hiccupped.

“I didn’t. That check was for your consultation on the Liberty Air ads. I thought it would be a pleasant surprise. I didn’t know you would think…”

“Is that true?” Justin asked, watery blue eyes looking up at Brian.

“Cross my heart,” Brian said softly.

“Truth?”

“Absolutely.”

“Shit!”

“That’s a lovely apology, Sunshine,” Brian chuckled.

“Shut up! I really thought you were…”

“A fucking asshole! And I am, but not that big an asshole.”

“You’re not an asshole at all. It’s just that I…”

“You don’t need to explain,” Brian said releasing his hold a little bit. He liked the feel of Justin Taylor against his chest, but since he wasn’t struggling anymore, Brian thought it might be prudent not to hold him quite so tightly.

“It’s okay,” Justin whispered. “I like having you hold me.”

“You do?”

Justin nodded against Brian’s shoulder to which the man had pressed him forcefully once again. “I’m sorry that I thought…”

“Sorry’s bullshit!”

“No, it’s not. I jumped to the wrong conclusion and I’m sorry I did.”

“Okay. I guess I’m sorry that I left the check out where you might take that mistaken leap.”

“What a lovely apology on your part too,” Justin chuckled against Brian’s chest.

“I told you that I don’t believe in apologies.”

“Okay, I got the message.”

“You all right now?”

Justin nodded against Brian’s chest. “Yes,” he whispered. “I feel foolish.”

“You looked pretty foolish hopping around on one foot trying to get your pants on,” Brian chuckled.

“Asshole!”

“See, I told you everyone was right about me being an asshole.”

“What did you bring in the paper bag?” Justin asked out of the blue.

“Breakfast.”

“Yum, I’m starved.”

“Thought you might be.”

“If you let me go now, I could eat whatever’s in the bag,” Justin suggested.

“What if I don’t want to let you go?”

“Then I’ll stay,” Justin replied without a second’s hesitation.

“I might take you up on that … later, but I do think you need some sustenance.” He gently pulled his arms away allowing Justin to stand on his own, his pants still around his ankles.

“Have you got something I could put on?” Justin asked feeling foolish standing there in his underwear. He kicked his pants off.

“Yeah, go get your bagel,” Brian directed as he disappeared up the steps to the bedroom.

Justin ripped the bag open and split the bagel. “Yum,” he called as he bit into the bagel slathered with cream cheese. “This is great.”

“I thought you’d like it,” Brian said tossing Justin a pair of sweat pants.

Justin slid carefully off the stool at the counter and pulled the sweats on. “Thanks,” he said before climbing back onto the stool and digging into the bagel again.

“I brought black coffee because I didn’t know what you took in it.”

“Black’s fine,” Justin said taking the lid off his. He watched in fascination as Brian did the same and then dumped half the sugar bowl into the dark liquid in his cup.

“What?” Brian asked as he realized he was being stared at.

“How do you eat all that sugar and look like you do?”

“I only have sugar in coffee.”

“Oh, well then, that explains it,” Justin giggled.

“I wish you wouldn’t do that,” Brian said keeping his face serious.

“Do what?” Justin asked.

“Giggle.”

“You don’t like people who giggle,” Justin said wondering if he had been really irritating Brian all this time.

“Usually no, but when you do it, I want to throw you on the floor and fuck you into next week.”

“I’ll have to remember that,” Justin said with another giggle.

“Stop or you won’t get a chance to finish that bagel.”

“I won’t giggle until I’ve finished my bagel,” Justin promised raising his right hand and grinning.

“How’s your ass?”

“Sore, but I can stand it.”

“I noticed you were sitting on that stool. I’m surprised that you could sit down after the workout I gave you last night.”

“I’m young and resilient,” Justin laughed. “I can take it.”

Brian raised an eyebrow. He had no doubts that Justin could go again at the drop of a hat. “How’s the bagel?” he asked.

“Yummy, want some?” Justin held out part of his bagel for Brian to take a bite.

“No thanks,” Brian said.

“There’s another one in the bag if you don’t want to share mine.”

“I don’t want any. They’re both for you.”

“Thanks,” Justin said unabashedly. “I love bagels.”

“I can tell,” Brian chuckled. “Would you like to sit on the sofa? It might be more comfortable on that ass of yours.”

“Yeah, thanks,” Justin said, gingerly sliding down from the stool. He carried the bag with the other bagel over to the sofa. Brian brought the two coffees. They sat down. Brian took a sip of his coffee and studied Justin. Justin continued to inhale his bagel.

“Should I have got three of those things?” Brian asked tongue in cheek.

Justin licked his fingers as he finished the second bagel. He took a sip of his coffee. “Thanks for getting two. I was really hungry.”

“No shit,” Brian snorted.

“Hey, don’t make fun of me,” Justin giggled good-naturedly.

Brian closed his eyes and willed his cock to behave. He thought maybe they needed a little break from all the sex. And then he opened his eyes and looked at Justin.

The lush red lips curled in a smile, as Brian’s eyes fell on him. “I’m good to go if you want to,” Justin suggested.

Brian groaned. “Come on.”

The next thing Brian knew they were back in bed and he was inside Justin yet again. Brian knew he had never experienced anything like what he was doing with this man. Justin made him laugh and made him … feel. Justin made him crave him again and again. Justin brought him orgasms that rivaled and then surpassed anything he had ever felt before. Justin Taylor was addictive, Brian decided, as he plowed that fabulous ass one more time.

With a final grunt he shot his load for what … the hundredth time in less than twenty-four hours. He had lost track of how many times they had fucked.

“God, Brian, that was a good one,” Justin gasped as he felt Brian’s dick slide out of him.

“They’re all good,” Brian replied trying to get his breath.

“Are these as good as you’ve had with other guys?” Justin asked innocently.

Brian blinked. “Why do you ask that?”

“I have nothing to compare these orgasms to,” Justin explained. “I’ve never had anal sex until … you.”

“What we’ve been doing is … primo,” Brian said trying to make light of the question, and the feelings that had been coursing through him.

“That’s good,” Justin giggled. “I wouldn’t want to be letting you down in your enjoyment level.”

“No danger,” Brian said honestly. That earned him a radiant smile.

“Should I leave while I’m still at the top of my game?” Justin asked suddenly.

“What? Leave? Why? Do you need to go?”

“No, I called Debbie while you were out. I’m okay until tomorrow morning.”

“Then stay,” Brian said without giving a thought to the fact that that simple statement went against every precept he had ever believed in. But he didn’t care as he rolled over onto Justin Taylor one more time.



*****



It was almost midnight when they finally came up for air. They had fucked and slept and then fucked again, until the day was gone and night had arrived. Justin said he was hungry, and that earned him another fuck. They napped a bit after that and then Justin demanded food. Finally Brian gave in. They called for Thai takeout, and then went to shower while they waited for the food to arrive. Brian gave Justin the most mind blowing blowjob he had ever had while they were in the shower. Then he found some new sweats for Justin to wear while they ate.

Brian dragged out a matching pair of sweats for himself. When he pulled them on, Justin started to giggle.

“What now?” Brian asked unable to stop smiling at Justin’s giggling.

“We look like twins.”

“No we don’t.”

“Yes, we do.”

“We look like two well fucked men who are hot as hell,” Brian declared.

“Is that what you see?”

“Yes, that’s what I see,” Brian said honestly.

“Do those eyes see the same thing?” Justin asked mischievously as he pointed to his sketch.

“It’s a drawing,” Brian declared.

“Yeah, but you told me you talked to it.”

“Do you remember every fucking thing I say?” Brian asked.

“Pretty much.”

The buzzer announced that their food had arrived. Brian paid for it and Justin grabbed some plates. They dished up what they wanted and carried it over to the sofa.

“I feel funny eating this on a white sofa,” Justin said as he sat down very carefully. He didn’t want to spill anything, but his ass really was starting to feel awfully raw. He hated to admit that to Brian though.

“It’s scotchgarded,” Brian said nonchalantly.

Justin shrugged, but handled his food very carefully. He was ravenous. “This is delicious.”

“Yes, the best in Pittsburgh.”

“You like the best, don’t you?” Justin asked around his mouthful of noodles.

“Only the best.”

Justin smiled. He wondered if Brian put him in that category since they had spent so much time together.

They ate in silence for awhile, until Brian asked a question. “How did you draw my eyes when I’ve never seen you before the day I met you at your father’s office?”

“I was wondering when you would get around to asking that,” Justin grinned.

“So what’s the answer?”

“We met on Liberty Avenue when I was seventeen … four, almost five, years ago.”

“We did? I think I would have remembered you,” Brian said with a frown.

“I kind of hoped you would, but that didn’t turn out to be the case,” Justin said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“What happened?”

“I was leaning against a lamppost when you came out of some building. You met a group of friends outside. I think it was Mikey, Emmett and Ted.” Brian nodded. “You looked across the street and saw me. You walked right over to me and said, ‘How’s it going? Had a busy night?’”

“I didn’t say that,” Brian protested. It sounded like something Ted fucking Schmidt would say.

“Yes you did.”

“What did you say?”

“I said I was just checking out the bars, Boy Toy, Meathook.”

“Meathook?” Brian snorted. “Who did you think you were kidding?”

“I was repeating what someone else told me when I asked them what were good places to go. You laughed at me and asked if I was into leather. I wasn’t sure what that even meant,” Justin admitted. “You asked me where I was headed and I said nowhere special. Then you said you could change that … and I so wanted you to,” Justin added with a faraway look in his eyes.

“Why didn’t I?’

“Your friend, Michael, called over to you. He said you had to get to the hospital right away. Something about a baby being born.”

“Shit, that must have been the night my son was born.”

“You have a son?”

“Yes.”

“Wow!”

“That’s what I said,” Brian laughed. “Enough about that night. Let’s go back to bed.”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to leave? I have to get back to Debbie’s before eleven tomorrow.”

“Do you want to go?”

“No.”

“Then come on.” Brian dragged him up the steps.