- Text Size +

 

Almost But Not Quite

Chapter 4





St. James Academy

Horner was droning on about F. Scott Fitzgerald and The Great Gatsby. Justin was sitting at his desk in English lit. However, his mind was far away as he sketched the naked back of his mysterious Brian. He had never actually seen that back but he had a vivid imagination. He added a bit of shading to the bum and spread it more evenly with a rub of his finger.

Horner was asking him something about yearning and he gave the right answer. He knew all about yearning, he thought, as he looked at the drawing.

Chris Hobbs was smirking at him. He could really hate the arrogant jock, or he could enjoy looking at him, as he often did. He had many drawings of Chris Hobbs in his sketchbook too. There weren't as many as there were of Brian, but still quite a few. Chris played a lot of sports. Justin had drawn him in his football gear and his track shorts and his baseball uniform. Justin looked at Chris and wondered.

Being a virgin was really wearing on Justin's nerves. He wanted to find someone to experiment with, but he was sure he was the only gay kid in all of St. James Academy. What was a budding homosexual to do?



*****



Ryder Advertising

Brian stormed out of Ryder's office. It took all his will power not to slam the door. He walked briskly to his own office and allowed himself some small measure of satisfaction by slamming it hard enough to rattle the glass. He heard people in other offices making comments, before he dropped into the chair behind his desk, and muttered, "Fuck!"

A gentle tap on his door got his attention. He knew it would be Cynthia.

"Enter," he said.

"What happened?"

"He fucking put me off once again. No partnership," Brian told her, his face contorted in disgust.

"Shit!"

"He's promised me a partnership for almost a year, and every time I approach him about it, he fucking weasels out of it."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know … yet," Brian replied rubbing his fingertips on his temples. The beginnings of a massive headache were evident.

"Maybe you should start shopping your resume around," Cynthia suggested.

"Yeah, but not till after the Advertising Awards banquet. If I win that award, I can write my own ticket."

"You'll definitely win. That's the boss I know and love," Cynthia said with a smile.

"Thanks, and may your prediction be accurate, oh great soothsayer."



*****



St. James Academy

Justin opened the door to the sports equipment storage room. He could see Chris Hobbs tossing things around inside. He took a tentative step into the room and closed the door behind him.

"What the fuck do you want, Taylor?"

"I think Horner was being unreasonable to make you miss football practice."

"That fucking makes two of us!" Chris exclaimed before flopping down on the floor. "It will take all afternoon to clean up this fucking room."

"Here," Justin said handing Chris the soda he had got out of the vending machine in the hall.

"Thanks," Chris said as he popped it open. He took a long drink from the can then pressed the outside of it to his forehead. "It's so fucking hot and stuffy in here."

"Yeah," Justin agreed sitting down beside Chris. He felt his dick stir, sitting so close to the football star.

Justin tried to concentrate on what Chris was saying, something about all girls being dykes and whores. He agreed with whatever Chris had said.

"You know Mary Frances Cudaluto?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"She's the biggest tease of them all. She came over to my place one day after a game. She had all these rings on her fingers and they were cold. She started rubbing her hand against me. Next thing I know she's got my dick out and those rings were all cold and hard where she was rubbing."

Justin watched with fascination as Chris rubbed his own dick through the material of his slacks.

"Then all of a sudden she has to leave, has to get home." Chris' eyes closed as he continued to rub himself. "Fucking bitch!"

"You're hard," Justin whispered.

Taking matters into his own hands so to speak, Justin unzipped Chris' slacks and slipped his hand inside. When Chris didn't stop him, his hand closed over Chris' hard dick. Justin watched Chris' face as he started to jerk him off. Chris' head lolled back, his mouth dropped open and he let out short panting breaths. Justin felt the power that sex held over someone else. He continued to tug on Chris' dick until with a moan he felt Chris stiffen and spill his jizz into Justin's hand.

Making a face, but feeling very satisfied with himself nonetheless, Justin pulled his hand out of Chris' pants. He was about to wipe it off, when the door to the supply room opened and Mr. Horner stuck his head in. Chris leapt to his feet and started rearranging equipment.

Justin left as soon as he could. He couldn't help but wonder what might have happened if Horner hadn't interrupted them. Would Chris have reciprocated and jerked him off? Would they have kissed? What would Chris think about what Justin had done? Justin hurried into the boys' restroom, into a stall, where he jerked off to the memory of what had just happened.



*****



Ryder Advertising Agency – the next day

"Son of a bitch!"

"What's the matter, Boss?" Cynthia asked as she poked her head into Brian's office in time to hear the expletive.

"That fucking bastard, Kip Thomas!"

"What about him?"

"He's suing me."

"Suing you?" Cynthia asked. "Why?"

"Because I fucked the son of a bitch."

"You did what?" Cynthia asked in horror.

"You heard me."

"But…"

"He wanted it. In fact he practically begged for it. He even came to my fucking loft and wound up naked on my bed."

"Oh my God!"

"Don't sound so horrified. He's gay. I'm gay. We did it."

"Then what's he suing you about?" Cynthia wanted to know once her surprise had worn off.

"He says I promised to get him a promotion in return for sexual favors."

"You wouldn't do that!" Cynthia said decisively.

"You know that and I know that. I may need you as a character witness, because Ryder sure as fuck doesn't know that."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm suspended without pay until further notice."

"Shit!"



*****



St. James Academy

"You didn't!" Daphne said, a look of wonder on her face.

Justin grinned. "Yeah I did," he said proudly.

"Chris Hobbs … in the equipment room?"

"Yep, with my hand. It sounds like a game of Clue. You know, Professor Mustard in the library with a candlestick." Justin laughed. It was very liberating to have finally done something sexual … with someone else.

"And he just let you?'

"Let me! He loved it."

"No!"

"Yeah, he did."

"And then what happened?"

"Horner came in and interrupted us."

"Right in the middle of it?"

"No, actually I had just got Chris off and had taken my hand out of his pants."

Daphne giggled uncontrollably. "I would have liked to see Horner's face if he had come in while you were still jerking Chris off."

Justin made a face. "That might have been a little hard to explain."

"So what did Chris do when Horner came in?"

"He jumped up and started cleaning the equipment room. I got out of there as fast as I could."

"Have you seen Chris since?"

"No."

"What do you think he'll say?"

Justin frowned. "I don't know. It could be … awkward."

"Awkward! He could be in love with you."

"You're such a girl, Daph. What I did has nothing to do with love."

"But…"

"I just hope he doesn't decide that I'm a piece of shit and decide to mop the floor with me."

"You don't mop the floor with a piece of shit!" Daphne couldn't help laughing.

"You know what I mean."

"Why'd you do it?"

Justin shook his head. "I don't know. The opportunity was just there, and I went for it."

"We better get to class."

"Yeah." Justin gathered up his books and headed back into the school.



*****



Ryder Advertising Agency

"Have you got everything?" Cynthia asked as Brian gathered up the small box of personal belongings that he was taking home from his office.

"Yeah, such as it is."

"You'll be back soon … right after Kip Thomas gets what he deserves."

"Yeah right," Brian said sarcastically. This had already gone way farther than he had ever expected it to go. Kip Thomas was suing for mega bucks and Ryder was buying it hook, line and sinker.

"You don't think he's going to win, do you?'

"You know I've never been a big believer in the American justice system, especially as it applies to fags."

"Brian…"

"Don't. I'll be fine. I have to go."

"I'll be rooting for you," Cynthia said, reaching up to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks," Brian said as he hoisted his box into his arms. "I'll take whatever influence I can get."

Cynthia watched Brian start down the hall. A few people stuck their heads out the doors of their offices to say goodbye. Some didn't. Cynthia made note of who they were. Somewhere down the line they'd regret that action.

Brian was noting the same thing as he made his slow march out of the Ryder Agency. Marty Ryder was conspicuously missing. Bob and Brad were probably someplace cracking open a bottle of champagne to toast Brian's demise. It was a good thing that Kip Thomas was not anywhere around.



*****



St. James Academy

"What are you looking at, fag?" Chris Hobbs demanded, as he stepped out in front of Justin. This was the first time Justin and Chris had come face to face since the incident in the equipment room.

"I'm not looking at anything," Justin replied. He tried to step around Chris, but the jock sidestepped and blocked his path.

"I think you were looking at my dick."

"Oh?" Justin said. "You think your dick's that special?"

Chris' face contorted with anger and he grabbed the front of Justin's jacket. With ease he propelled Justin against the lockers … hard. Justin felt the wind forced from his body and he started to crumple. Chris and his friends laughed and walked away.

Daphne rushed over to Justin and helped steady him before he slid to the floor. "Are you okay?" she asked, worry in her eyes.

"Just wonderful," Justin groaned as he managed to draw in a breath. "Nothing I like better than a brisk encounter with a fucking locker door."

"Do you need to go to the office?"

"Fuck no! That will only make things worse."

"Chris doesn't seem to remember what happened between you two with … fondness."

"You can say that again," Justin grimaced as he rubbed his hip where it had hit the locker.

"Let's get to class before we get marked late, and before anything else happens."

Daphne took Justin's arm and helped him proceed towards the math class that they were both in.