- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I forgot to mention that Ben was never in Pittsburgh either. 

JUSTIN


I was putting on my shorts when I heard the voice that makes me the happiest.


“Justin Taylor, what are you doing frolicking with Riley. You two are going to get your dicks bitten off, swimming out there at night!” Gran yelled, biting into my Ginger’s Bobs.


“Gran, we were just checking to see if Mermen are real. I mean, a guy who could blow me while I’m surfing is just the perfect man for me,” Riley yelled, picking up Gran and spinning her around.


“Put me down before I have my first real orgasm with a man!” She yelled.


“I could change that for you,” Riley said as he wiggled his eyebrows.


“Son, you don’t have a clue what to do with pussy,” My dirty-mouthed Gran told him.


“It’s a strong argument to hit it with a cougar. I’m sure you would rock my world,” He laughed, kissing her cheek before putting her down.


“Sugar, you couldn’t handle this,” She told him, before hugging me.


“Are you here for a long visit? I would really love a reason to tell Riley to quit using my house to throw raves and orgies,” I joked.


“Honey, I have a man who could do what this gay boy wishes he could, but I’ll be back after the weekend. I wanted to help you get the pre-party ready,” She told me.


Ever since moving here I throw a yearly bash for the town. They come to see what I plan to cook for everyone and help out Gran and me with setting up. Hopefully Growly won’t be pissed when the whole town shows up for it.


“Molly and Greg are bringing Amelia. Greg wanted to convince me to write Time Bender again. I’ve been thinking about it. I mean, it’s been nice to vacation for a few years, but I really want to do more than piss my new neighbor off,” I told her.


“Yeah, I’m sure he’s pissed that you give him wood and don’t deliver,” Riley told me.


“He doesn’t even like me, all I get is growls and smart ass remarks, while he fucks all of Sandcove,” I answered.


“Maybe it’s because you keep shaking that naked ass at him and then treat him like he isn’t the hot piece he is,” Riley told me.


“I want to see the eye candy,” Gran told us.


“He’s next door. Ginger is over there, so you can go torture her while we rinse out the salt.” Riley told her before I could stop him.


“Hey, Blake said he’d come over, don’t you want to see him?” I yelled when she took off. “I hate you,” I told Riley.


“No, you don’t. You hate that I got in the house with hot men in it. Come on, let’s get clean before Gran makes me make good on my boast,” He answered, running to his shower.


I watched Gran knock on the door as if she wasn’t the dirty old woman she is. No one is prepared when they meet her. People see the stylish woman who looks like she so prim and proper, but when she opens her mouth you realize looks are deceiving.


“So I heard that there was a hot, well-hung man here,” I hear her tell the person at the door. I laughed because she’s the best.


BRIAN


Um, what do you say to that? Thanks? I stood looking at a woman who could make Nancy Peterson look like a slob, open her mouth and say something Deb would say.


“GRAN, get in here you dirty old woman,” Ginger shouted, running to pick the woman up and hug her.


“I swear, Riley offers to let me show him he could show me the orgasms I hear so much about, and then I get mugged by you,” She told Ginger, kissing her cheek. “Now which one of these men is the one my grandson wants to take for a spin?” She asked Ginger, eyeing all of us. “Not that one, he’s playing for our side,” She dismisses Murph. “What’s he looking at, Ginger’s ass,” she told the room, and Murph laid his head on the table. “That one could be it, but you kind of look like someone Justin wouldn’t mind showing his tricks to,” She said to me, eyeing me and then Paul again.


“Brian’s the one I rented your house to,” Ginger told Gran.


She circled me, then slapped my ass. “Not much of an ass, but then someone has to be the less endowed in that area. But I can see you might beat Justin in this area,” She said as she pointed at my crotch.


I didn’t need to worry anymore. I doubt I could ever get hard again after being violated by Granny. She noticed the food that was almost gone, before turning back to look at me. “Well, at least he hasn’t written you off yet. I need the entertainment of watching Justin trying to get your attention,” She told me.


“He got it the minute he decided to dance naked in the kitchen,” I told her, then wanted to lay my head down next to Murph for blurting that out.


“I’ll make sure he can’t pull the shade down,” She told me as she walked out, saying we needed to do lunch sometime.


“Who was that?” Cynthia asked.


“Gran. The owner of Mitchellson Cosmetic’s. Also, Justin’s grandmother.” Ginger seemed to love telling us we just met the owner of one of the biggest cosmetics companies.


“Brian, whatever you do, find a way to get Justin to think you're the god all the men in Pittsburgh seems to believe you are,” Cynthia told me.


“It wouldn’t matter. She makes her decisions based on if she thinks your worth her money. She suggested you for us, it’s why I called. She told me if I wanted Surfwear to stay small that I could go with the big players in New York, but if I wanted the company to go national that I needed to go with Brian Kinney, a man who knew how to sell ice to Eskimos,” Ginger announced.


That was moment when I knew we made it with Kinnetik, that someone who could have picked someone from New York to head this campaign, told Ginger to go with me. It made me see that New York wasn’t what would have made me in this business. It was me knowing what it took to sell anything. Cynthia came over and patted me on the back.


“It’s why we follow your lead, you didn’t need anyone to make you who you are,” She told me.


“Justin, isn’t that a bit big for anyone’s ass?” We heard Gran yell.


“Gran, it’s a cucumber, not a dildo,” Justin yelled back.


“It’s like being at the diner, only Justin isn’t whining,” Cynthia told me.


Fuck Michael. I honestly didn’t know what to do about everyone witnessing him going off today.


“Gran, we buy our own condoms, I don’t need small,” Riley yelled.


“There is bound to be some poor boy who’ll need them. I figured the large and extra large might make anyone with less feel bad,” She yells. I closed the windows because everyone was too busy laughing at the neighbors to get any work done.


“Brian we all have crazy ex’s, let’s just deal with business,” Ginger told me, to let me know it didn’t bother her.


“He’s not an ex, just an old friend who thinks we were more than we were,” I told her.


“He’s a nut case who doesn’t understand that you aren’t interested,” Cynthia commented.


“Yeah, well Justin has those on occasion. Gran just runs them off when they can’t take the blunt way Justin tells them,” Ginger told us.


EMMETT


I left Ted after telling him to tell Brian what he saw. I went to go see Lindsay and Mel before they left to drop off Gus with Brian. Lindsay opened the door, laughing at someone, and invited me in to find Michael sitting there as if nothing unusual was going on.


“Emmett, why are you just standing there? Michael was telling us that he talked to Brian.” Lindsay said.


Brian should have told Lindsay and Mel what happened, but he didn’t, because he was hoping Michael would let it go. Brian needed to realize it only left Lindsay and Mel treating Michael the same as always. It’s just, to me he violated Brian, even if he didn’t do anything to him physically. I couldn’t look at him, he wasn’t the person I once knew.


“Lindsay, I actually came to talk to Mel about a contract, I’ll go find her,” I told her, leaving the room before I yelled at Michael.


Mel was putting away a file when I walked in. I fell into the chair, not knowing if I was doing the right thing, telling her about Michael. Brian usually didn’t like anything that could hurt Michael, but at this point, I couldn’t see him being pissed, after what I learned today.


“You look like someone hit you with a truck,” She commented.


“I’m angry that a friend violated the trust of someone,” I told her, not ready to say it.


“That’s understandable, it’s really the worst thing you can do. Well, there are worse, I suppose,” She told me.


“It’s like rape without the actual act,” I told her.


“That’s a really strong word to use,” She said.


“It’s how I view someone drugging someone, then lying about what happened between them,” I told her.


“Emmett if the person needs legal advice, just tell them to call me,” She told me.


“I doubt I could get Brian to come to you,” I said.


“Brian?” She asked, confused.


“I want to tell you, but I also don’t want Brian to kill me for saying anything,” I told her.


“Give me money, a quarter will do,” She said.


I handed her a dollar out of my pocket. “Okay. Now whatever you tell me I can’t repeat. Attorney, client privilege,” She said.


“Ted thinks that Michael might have put GHB in Brian’s drink. Then took Brian home and pretended that he and Brian fucked. I refuse to say made love, even though that's what Michael is calling it. Brian couldn’t remember anything about getting home or what happened when he got there. He woke up the next morning having Michael tell him they finally had sex. It’s why Brian seemed to be everywhere but where Michael was for a while,” I told her.


“What did Brian say when Ted told him?” She asked. When she saw my face, she looked at me like she couldn’t believe we didn’t tell Brian. “Emmett, this isn’t something you should protect Michael from. That shit can kill people. Michael could end up in jail for even having it, because it’s made with things that are toxic, and the person who drinks it has no idea what could have happened to them,” She told me.


“We know, but who wants to tell Brian that Michael did that to him?” I asked her.


“Did he do anything else?” She asked me.


“I don’t think so. I mean, trust me, you know when someone has fucked you, there’s no way to hide that from a guy. I think Michael just played out his fantasies, whatever sick shit he wished for,” I told her.


Mel rubbed her hands over her face before dropping them. “Tell Ted that I’ll tell Brian. He’ll take it better from me than from you guys,” She told me.


“Why not let Ted do it?” I asked her.


“Because I’m Brian’s lawyer, and he can tell me if he wants me to do anything about it,” She answered.


“I didn’t tell you to get you to take care of it. I told you because I’m sure when Brian finds out he isn’t going to want Gus around Michael,” I told her.


“Not a problem. I don’t want him around my family if that’s what he could do to someone he claims to love. You can leave out the back if you want, it might save me from you kicking his ass in my living room. Although I might need Lindsay to stop me,” She commented.


“Brian doesn’t know that you like him does he?” I asked her.


“Yeah, he does. We just like to jab at each other, but when it comes down to it we respect each other,” She told me, leading me out to the back door.