- Text Size +

BRIAN


I went back when I saw Ted and Emmett arrive. I didn’t want to have Emmett quizzing me about why I was over here and not at the house with everyone else. Ted and Emmett followed me when I tilted my head toward my office. Ted seemed resigned that I was going to lay into him. I would, but being with Justin was peaceful.


“Brian, I know I should have said something,” Ted rushed out.


“You didn’t know if you saw anything. I don’t want to spend our time here talking about it. He isn’t going to have a place here,” I told them.


“I’m planning on working on a tan,” Emmett told me, leaving the room.


“He’s been all over the place trying to get someone to talk,” Ted told me.


“I appreciate it, but right now we’re here to work. You need to work with Ginger on the budget and make sure that all the permits for the events have been approved. It shouldn’t take long since the town hosts this event every year. Tonight we are all taking a break and joining in a team building exercise,” I told him.


“Did you say team building?” Ted asked, confused.


I left him in the office and went to see if Murph and Paul were working, not running around playing all day. Gus was outside playing with Tobey, who seems to live at Justin’s house. Emmett sat on a towel with Lindsay and Mel, watching Riley and Ben out surfing. I wanted to go out there too, but I needed to make sure this campaign was a success.


JUSTIN


I woke up a few hours later and went to my kitchen to start getting the steaks and chicken marinating. I pulled a pan of shredded pork out and heated it in the oven, adding the mojo to it. I wanted a little variety with so many people here. I was smashing garlic cloves to sprinkle over the top of the pork when a guy knocked on the door. I waved him in, grabbing the corn I ordered for grilled corn on the cob.

 

“Lindsay told me you didn’t mind company and I followed my nose,” He told me as I was shucking the corn on the table.


“I have an open door policy,” I told him.


“I’m Emmett Honeycutt,” He told me.


“Justin. Mind if I talk and cook at the same time?” I asked him.


“I can help, I run an event planning business. My partner Vic is the genius in the kitchen, but I’m pretty good myself. Are you having a party?” He asked, looking at the amount of food being made.


“My friends and I have a pre-festival thing. We eat, get drunk, and surf the night away,” I told him.


“I’ve never surfed before, it might be fun to try,” He told me.


“We do it naked,” I told him, just to warn him.


“The whole town?” He asked.


“My friends and I. But if others want to join in, it’s not a problem. The only rule is to have fun,” I told him.


“It doesn’t matter if we’ve never surfed before?” He asked me.


“Brian can’t surf for shit, but he plans to go with us,” I told him, distracted when I couldn’t find the blackberries or some of the fruit I ordered.


“Brian. As in Brian next door?” He asked.


“I think Riley talked him into it,” I told him.


“Thank God you managed to find one that plays on your team. Aren’t you adorable? Too bad Justin would rather take that gorgeous man next door for a few spins,” Gran told Emmett when she walked in the door.


“Why are you here? I thought you were attempting to see if Denny could find your g-spot?” I asked Gran, hugging her.


“I really believe orgasms are a lie guys tell us women, to get off,” She told me, then grabbed her boobs. “I’m trying to figure out how the man thought these were dials to twist for sound,” She commented.


“GRAN, you brought me a present,” Riley comes running in with his wet suit half off.


“GRAN, you brought me a present, too,” Emmett joked.


“I saw the boards and had them airbrushed for tonight,” Gran told Riley. “I could wrap Riley in a bow, but all it takes is pulling this down a couple of inches and you could have a present,” Gran told Emmett, pulling on the suit.


I looked out at five boards with “Surf Naked” printed across them. Emmett looked Riley up and down, Riley twirled then inched his suit jokingly.


“What are you doing? Riley could teach you how to do the mating dance. Put down the corn and pay attention. That Brian has a body made for sin, and you need to sin,” Gran told me.


“I need to get everything ready before I sin. I plan a lot of sinning, are you happy?” I asked her.


“Well, let's get this shit done, boy. You need to make me proud,” Gran told me, shoving corn at Riley.


“I need to get some things from the field. They didn’t send all the fruit I need for the fruit salad.” I told her.


“I can come. And I really need to hear about all your plans to sin with me,” Brian said, smirking.


“Dude, that field just leaves briars in your ass,” Riley commented.


“Riley, how many times have I told you to use the beach, it makes it easier for me to spy,” Gran said, laughing.


I left, with Emmett following Brian and me. I stopped and handed them both my beach buckets, the ones the kids like to play with. Brian shoved his at Emmett, who didn’t care. We walked down to the field.


“You had fruit, why do we need to get more?” Brian asked, unsticking the briar that caught his shorts.


“Name one thing I’ve made that has you thinking my fruit salad would be anything ordinary?” I asked him.


That seemed to get him to help pick the blackberries. I pulled a few pears before we left. Emmett took off ahead of us, skipping back to my house.


“You plan to sin with me?” Brian asked me.


“I plan to do all sorts of bad things to you,” I told him.


I pulled his head to mine and licked his mouth open, tangling my tongue with his. I heard the pears hitting the ground and really didn’t think anyone would miss the pears. Brian and I couldn’t seem to get close enough. My hand traveled down his back and under his waistband. I trailed my hand over his ass and then traced his crease. I started circling his rim when there were claps and whistles behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see signs over their heads.


“Really? How did I only rate an eight?” Brian scowled.


“Son, unless I see penises you don’t get a ten. Although judging from what I do see, you might get the never given before eleven,” Gran told him, staring at the outline his shorts couldn’t hide.


“Gran, when I have I ever disappointed you?” I joked, picking up the pears that weren’t damaged. “I need to get my salad made,” I told them.


EMMETT


I really wanted to call Deb and tell her I just met her real mother. Gran is Deb in the future. We came in and Justin took the mountain of blackberries and started washing them while Brian seemed to be busy trying to distract him. Lindsay came in and sat next to me, watching them.


“I’ve never seen him so relaxed,” She whispered.


“When did this happen?” I whispered, waving at Brian stealing a few berries.


“They just seem to follow each other. No one really knows,” She answered.


Justin pulled out a few heads of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos. I watched as he seemed to have no problem making salsa while Brian seemed to have no problem tasting it when Justin held out a spoon. I got up because the smells in the kitchen were amazing. There were things that I could use in my business. Justin blended the blackberries and raspberries together adding honey to it before putting it in a pot with heavy whipping cream. I wanted to dive in the pot but refrained when he let me try it. People started coming in and out of the house. I’d never seen anything like this before, my hometown would have cookouts, but it was never an open house to anyone who came by. Justin and Gran started telling people what they needed to do. I got the job of helping get the fruit cut up. I tried to keep up with what Justin put in it, he had the berries cooling while teaching Lindsay how to make homemade nachos. Deb is going to love being here.


“Is there any way to get the recipe for some of this?” I ask.


“Nope. It’s all a little of this and a little of that with Justin,” Riley tells me.


I watched as Justin pulled out the yogurt and added vinegar to the cooled berries. He mixed in honey and yogurt but left the berries off saying it’s up to people to put it on. There were tables being set up with kegs of beer and wine. The sheriff had a pot going with seafood. I stood next to Ted, who came out to see what was going on. Two other guys came walking up and Ted couldn’t keep his eyes off the smaller man. The other one was definitely worth looking at, but I was kind of on overload when Riley came running by, chasing Gus and Tobey.


“What is all of this? I thought the festival didn’t start for a few days,” Ted asked Brian, who came out with a huge pan of corn and handed it to Tobey’s mother.


“The town has their own thing beforehand,” Brian told us, shrugging as if we should know.


“What about the team building thing tonight?” Ted asked to Brian’s back.


“What are you talking about?” I asked.


“Brian said I had to attend something tonight to do with team building,” He told me.


“I’m all for team building, since I have a feeling we are seeing the team,” I told him waving at Riley and the two others.


“Do you know what we’re doing?” He asked me.


“Darling, you’re going to entertain us, while trying not to get your dicks bitten off,” Gran told him, walking by.


“What?” Ted asked, confused.


“We’re surfing tonight,” I refrained from telling him how.


“Hey, I brought Jaws. It will really set the mood for Naked Surfing,” Riley told everyone, excited.


I’ve never seen Ted’s eyes show that much fear and interest, but it seems the cutie was looking at Teddy too. Sandcove seems to be the love connection.