- Text Size +

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 8




Brian opened his mouth to tell Justin the story but nothing came out. He shook his head. Then he felt Justin's hand take his and lace their fingers together. He cleared his throat and tried again.

"I was at the hospital for the … birth of my son," Brian managed to get out.

Justin could see the emotion that Brian was fighting. "You have a son?" Justin said with a smile of encouragement.

Brian shook his head. "No…no, I don't." Justin stared at Brian not understanding. Brian swallowed and continued. "My friend, Lindsay, wanted a baby so bad and there are very few straight men who can still reproduce. She badgered me into donating sperm, thinking that because I was gay it might get her pregnant."

"And it did?"

Brian nodded. "I never wanted a baby. I told her she'd have to look after it and not expect anything from me. She agreed to everything because she wanted the baby so badly. Then she started inviting me for dinner and making me talk to the baby in her belly. Somewhere along the line I started to want that baby. It was a … little … boy," Brian said choking out the words.

Justin squeezed Brian's hand still holding on tight. "A son."

Brian nodded and swallowed once more. "He was born a couple of days ago. They knew something was wrong a few days earlier and Lindsay had gone into the hospital. That was the day I first met you. They thought they might be able to save him. Then she went into labor early and his heart just stopped beating. She delivered him anyway, but he was dead."

Justin felt the color drain from his face. "No," he said more a moan than a word.

"So … that's where I've been … with Lindsay … in the hospital … and dealing with the death of our son."

Justin leaned against Brian. He could feel how devastated the man was. He also knew that the same thing could happen to Jenny. With all the chemicals and contamination in the environment now it was difficult for women to get pregnant, but even more difficult for them to carry to term and deliver a healthy baby. His baby seemed to be fine so far, but there were no guarantees. His arm came protectively around his stomach. Jenny had to be okay. She had to.

Brian saw the motion and pulled Justin against him. "I'm not trying to frighten you," he whispered into Justin's hair. "Because Gus died doesn't mean Jenny will."

Justin nodded against Brian's chest. "You were going to name him Gus?" he breathed.

"Yes, that was what Lindsay wanted."

"Is … is he buried yet?"

"No, this weekend."

"That's going to be so hard," Justin said.

"I have to be there … for Lindsay. They're letting her out of the hospital tomorrow."

"I could go with you if you want," Justin offered.

"You'd do that?"

"If you want me there?"

"I … do."

The buzzer rang indicating their pizza had arrived. Justin released Brian and the man got up wiping his face. He went to the door. After paying the man, he set the pizza on the small table.

"I'm not very hungry," Brian said, "but help yourself."

"I've lost my appetite too," Justin said moving over to stand beside Brian. He placed his hand on Brian's chest feeling the need to be connected to the man.

He felt Brian's arm reach around his back and he allowed himself to be pulled close. He reached up and found Brian's mouth, their lips meeting tentatively at first. The kiss grew firmer and more demanding as they pressed against each other. Justin felt Brian's tongue seek entrance and he opened willingly. They explored each other's mouths until they were forced to break apart to breathe. Justin sighed as the contact was broken.

"I … I want you," Brian whispered breathlessly. "I … need you."

That was all Justin needed to hear. He wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and the next kiss transported both of them. Justin could feel his rock hard cock throb against his groin as it was trapped between them. He pushed Brian's shirt off his shoulders and felt Brian lift his new sweater up over his head. They had to break the kiss to get rid of it, so Justin used that opportunity to unbutton Brian's jeans and shove them down. Brian reciprocated. Soon they stood naked facing each other. Justin was about to drop to his knees when Brian beat him to it.

Brian's soft, warm mouth engulfed Justin's manhood and Justin was sure he was going to die on the spot. He'd had lots of men suck him off, but none of them had ever felt quite like this. It was right. It was perfect. It was meant to be. He closed his eyes and let the feelings wash over him. Brian watched Justin's face as he worked his magic on the cock. Justin moaned and gasped and then he was coming, long and hard down Brian's throat. Brian stood and held him close as he slowly returned to normal. He kissed the full lips and Justin could taste himself. Justin knew this was the only man for him. If he had doubted it before, he did no longer.

"Bed?" he heard Brian whisper. He nodded.

He found himself stretched out on the bed with Brian lying next to him. Brian's hand was working up and down his shaft. It didn't take much to get him hard again. Looking into Brian's golden eyes was almost enough to do that.

"I want to fuck you," Brian said in a breathy whisper, "but what about the baby?"

"The doctor says I can do it for another couple of months," Justin whispered back.

Brian smiled at him, a funny, enigmatic, slightly sad smile. Justin knew he could look at that face and that smile forever. He would never tire of it.

Brian donned a condom and squirted some lube into his hand. Justin felt Brian rub over his hole and press in with first one finger and then two. He clenched the fingers with his anal muscles and then released using that to signal that he was ready. Brian flipped Justin's legs up onto his shoulders and positioned his cock. As he pressed in they both moaned at finally being joined. This was meant to be from the first moment that they had seen each other. Justin knew that, as surely as he knew that he could never give up this man.

Brian drew back and thrust in again until they were deeply and exquisitely one. He leaned in to kiss Justin and they smiled at each other. Brian drew back and thrust again deep and sure. Justin gasped and clutched at Brian's upper arms. Brian thrust again causing Justin to call out Brian's name. Feelings flooded through him. He wanted to cry, he wanted to scream, he wanted to sing, he wanted to love this man until the end of all time. Brian's rhythm became his own and they pounded against each other, each thrust and reaction perfectly suited.

Justin felt the tingling of his approaching orgasm. Jolts of electricity ran the length of his spine. His eyes rolled back in his head. The world spun around him. His balls felt ready to explode … and then they did. Justin screamed Brian's name and came with a force unlike anything he had ever felt before. He felt Brian's cock throb and knew the man was shooting too. He felt Brian fall against his chest and his arms went round the man possessively. That was the last thing he remembered for quite awhile.

Slowly he opened his eyes, realizing the weight on his chest was Brian's exhausted body. He ran his hand up and down Brian's back feeling the bones of the strong spine beneath. Brian sighed and raised his head. The golden eyes looked into the blue ones and they both knew. This was something special.

Brian shifted to the side and slid off Justin. Justin moaned in protest. Brian reached over and pulled Justin against his body. Justin turned a bit so his back was cradled against Brian's stomach. He was amazed at how well they fit together given the differences in their height. It was perfect. Everything was perfect. He felt Brian throw some covers over them and he snuggled closer against this man.

"I love you," he whispered and Brian didn't draw away. Justin rubbed his stomach thinking of what this might mean for him and Jenny. He felt Brian's arm come around him and rub his stomach too. He wondered if Brian meant that for the baby. He hoped so. With the thought of Brian and Jenny and their cottage circling through his brain, Justin fell asleep.



-----



When Justin awoke an hour or so later he was wrapped in strong arms and he smiled. He shifted gently so he could turn around and look at Brian, but he didn't want to wake him up. He lay there studying the handsome face and memorizing every aspect of Brian's features.

"Are you done yet?" a soft voice asked.

Justin jumped and then giggled. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was until you turned over."

"I'm sorry. I tried to do it without bothering you."

"You didn't … bother me."

Justin leaned in and kissed the full red lips. "I am so … happy," Justin said smiling.

He felt Brian tense a bit. "We need to talk, Justin," Brian said softly.

"Of course we do," Justin agreed. "There are so many things to talk about."

Brian frowned. "Can we take this slow? There are a lot of things you don't know yet."

"Like what?"

Brian sighed. "Like who I am and what I'm going to do with my life."

"I'd like to find that out," Justin said sincerely.

"But you might not like it when you do."

"What … what do you mean?" It sounded like Brian was going to tell him something bad and he didn't want to hear that. He couldn't take another disappointment.

"I…" Brian began and then stopped.

"Brian, you're scaring me. Please?"

"Let's have some of that fucking pizza. I think I could eat it now." Brian shoved himself off the bed and grabbed some sweats. He threw a robe to Justin.

Justin felt his heart pounding as he donned the robe. Brian was going to tell him why they couldn't be together. He was sure of it. He had made a fool of himself once again.

Brian returned to the bedroom. "I'm heating a couple of slices of pizza. They’ll be ready in a minute. Come on out here." He turned and went into the small living room. Justin reluctantly followed glancing back one last time to the bed where he had just built all his plans for the future, plans that were about to be demolished.

Justin nibbled on the pizza waiting for Brian to tell him the bad news.

"Justin…" Brian said.

"I'm waiting," Justin said rather testily.

Brian set down the rest of his pizza and turned to face Justin. "This place is the pits," he began.

Justin frowned. What the fuck was that supposed to mean? "I've seen better," Justin agreed not bothering to keep the sarcasm out of his voice. Was Brian going to tell him that the place wasn't good enough for him? Fucking excuse!

"I…I live here…cheap, so that I can save all my money."

"So?"

"So that I can pay for property I bought in Wyoming."

"Wyoming?" Justin couldn't make any sense out of this conversation at all.

"I hate this fucking burgh. I've been saving to get away from here ever since I can remember. I bought this property in Wyoming a few years ago. It's in the middle of nowhere. I want to be free and independent."

There it was. Justin felt the tears and fought them back. He'd done it again, letting his emotions rule his head. Brian was going to Wyoming to be free and alone. He was trying to tell him that he didn't want him around. Justin decided to save Brian the trouble and maybe save a little of his own dignity at the same time.

He set his pizza down and stood without a word. He walked back into the bedroom and started dressing. He would not cry. He was getting out of there with some semblance of pride left. He pulled on his sweater and stood to leave. Brian was in the doorway blocking his way and staring at him.

Justin glared at him hoping that he wouldn't notice how close to the surface his tears were.

"You're leaving?" Brian asked.

Justin nodded not wanting to trust his voice to answer.

"I was afraid that's what your reaction would be," Brian said.

"Afraid?" Justin managed to get out in surprise.

"Yeah, I thought when I mentioned that I was leaving before too long, that you'd run away."

"I'm not running away. I thought you were telling me that you didn't want me around, that you wanted to go to Wyoming by yourself."

"Is that what it sounded like? I…I'm sorry."

Justin stared at him, his fucking heart getting its hopes up once again. "What were you telling me?"

"I wanted you to know my plans to see if you might want to leave Pittsburgh too."

"With you?"

"With me."

Justin launched himself at Brian. He kissed the man with every fiber of his being. Each time he took a breath between kisses he whispered, "Yes, oh yes."

Finally Justin stopped kissing resting his head against Brian's throat but still holding on tight to this wonderful man that he had finally found.

"So I take it that Wyoming sounds all right to you?" Brian asked.

"More than all right. It sounds wonderful."

"What … what about the baby?"

"What about the baby?" Justin asked a sliver of fear stabbing into his happiness.

"I don't think I could go through another loss like that."

"What does that mean exactly?" Justin asked warily.

"Do you think the baby, Jenny, is going to be all right?"

"Everything looks that way. A healthy baby girl."

"Justin, we'd be in the middle of nowhere. They might not know how to help you."

"Are we leaving tomorrow?" Justin asked with a grin. Brian was worried about his safety and Jenny's. Jesus, he loved this man.

"I've almost paid off the property. I was planning to leave in a couple of months."

"If you make it four months, we will have a baby to take with us."

Brian smiled that funny sad smile. "We'll have a baby?" he asked stressing the "we" part.

Justin nodded and felt Brian hug him tighter.

"You are so high maintenance," Brian pretended to gripe. "Now I have to undress you all over again."

"Such hardships," Justin joked and gave him a little punch in the arm. Brian tugged off his sweater and began licking down his neck. Justin moaned in satisfaction. He and Jenny were going to Wyoming to a new life and a new future. Brian wanted him and the baby. All his dreams had come true.