- Text Size +

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 9




Brian and Justin fucked the night away lost in all the new sensations of being together, exploring and learning. They liked what they found.

The alarm woke them at seven the next morning. Brian slapped it off and rolled over to look into sleepy blue eyes.

"Do we have to get up?" Justin asked with a pout.

"You're so cute when you first wake up," Brian said giving him a little hip check.

"You think I'm cute?" Justin asked smiling.

Brian groaned. If there was one thing he had learned already, it was how smart and quick on the uptake this blond was. He had to choose his words carefully because Justin could read so much into them. "Yes, I think you're cute," Brian admitted with a grin. "Now get your butt out of bed. I have to go to work at the Quoin, and I'll take you back with me."

"You want me to go back?" Justin asked disappointment written all over his beautiful face.

"You don't want to?" Brian asked.

"I was kind of hoping that I could stay here."

"Justin," Brian began, "we have to be realistic about this. I need to earn money and so do you. If we're going to Wyoming in four months we have to have as much of a nest egg as we can put together."

"I like the sound of that," Justin said with a smile.

"The sound of working to raise money?"

"No, silly, the sound of us going to Wyoming … together."

Brian leaned over and kissed him. Justin responded immediately getting them both hot and bothered.

"Jesus, you drive me insane," Brian gasped as he donned a condom. He didn't think he'd ever get enough of this blond.

They arrived late to the Quoin. Justin was sure Manny knew what had happened but he was nice enough not to make an issue of it. Brian got to work immediately and Justin went to his room to shower. They hadn't had time after their morning fuckfest.

Justin didn't expect he'd have any clients for a few hours so he decided to take one of his rose water baths. He turned on the sound system and cranked it up so he could listen while he soaked. His ass was a little sore after the workout with Brian, but he sighed contentedly as the warm water surrounded him.

He was so happy. Brian was his soul mate. He had known it.

"I love him, Jenny," he whispered. "We're going to Wyoming soon and we'll start a new life. There will be fresh air and a little house, and Brian will look after us. We will be so happy."



-----



On the weekend Justin accompanied Brian to the funeral service for his dead son. Justin was almost sorry he had said he'd go. The small casket gave him the creeps. He couldn't help imagining what it would be like if that casket was for Jenny.

Brian sat next to Lindsay and they held hands during the brief ceremony. Justin felt like a fifth wheel. The sorrow of the parents was evident and he was an outsider.

Part way through the service Brian's hand found Justin's and he hung on almost in a death grip. Justin could feel him drawing strength from the contact and then he was glad he had come. Brian needed him, maybe as much this day, as Justin needed him the rest of the time. They would be there for each other. Together they were strong.

Somehow they got through the service and the little casket disappeared. The baby, Gus, was to be cremated. Brian asked Lindsay and her partner, Melanie, to come out to lunch with them, but they declined. Justin was kind of glad they did. He liked them well enough but their grief was overwhelming and it made Brian so quiet and closed.

Justin and Brian ended up going back to Brian's. Justin made long, sweet love to his man, doing his best to erase the memories of the funeral and replace them with love and tenderness. They were exhausted by the afternoon, but Justin was scheduled to work later that day. He reluctantly let Brian drive him back to the Quoin and drop him off. He hoped Brian wouldn't return to his depression before Justin would see him again the next day.

Justin worked all night. He earned almost three hundred dollars in tips which he added to his sock. Now that he no longer ran the danger of throwing up, his tips had been climbing. His trips to piss were increasing but that was easier to deal with than uncontrolled hurling.

He slept late Sunday morning finally getting up to make some coffee. That always reminded him of Billy who had never returned or sent any kind of notice about what had happened to him. Justin hoped he had found something better and that was why he never returned to the Quoin.

Justin picked up his sketchbook and began drawing. He drew his image of Jenny playing hide and seek around Brian's legs. He knew Jenny wasn't Brian's child but maybe she would be able to fill the hole in Brian's heart left by the death of his own baby.

The sound system played his song and he listened to the last verse.

"Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday…"

Justin wondered about those words. It seemed like he had cried a billion tears over the last few years. He was hoping that a new life in Wyoming would mean fewer tears and a chance to be happy. He and Brian were very happy … so far. They loved spending time together. Brian was smart and he thought that Justin was pretty smart too. Justin loved talking to the man. They hardly ever fought. Justin wondered if it would always be like that. He thought they would probably begin to take each other for granted and there would be fights, but they'd weather them somehow.

He thought there'd be twinkling stars in Wyoming without all the pollution that seemed to block the sky in Pittsburgh. How quickly things could change. He held his arms across his stomach, and then it happened. He was sure he could feel Jenny kick. It was a little thump that he had never felt before.

"You're alive, Jenny, you're really alive," he whispered in awe. "And you'll be here soon." He could hardly wait to tell Brian.

When Justin finished up work that day, he went to speak to Manny at the front desk. He wanted to check on where his finances stood. Manny scanned his barcode tattoo and gave him the number. Just then a boy that Justin didn't recognize came to the desk as well.

"Hi, Kyle," Manny said scanning the boy's tattoo. "Have you met Justin yet?"

Kyle shook his head. "Are you the Justin that was a friend of Billy's?"

Justin nodded. He didn't think much about Billy since Brian had come into his life. "Do you know Billy?" Justin asked.

"He recommended that I apply here for a job. I guess I got his job when he left," Kyle said with a strange smirk.

"Do you know what happened to him?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, he hit it lucky," Kyle said.

"What does that mean?"

"He inherited some money and headed south to a warmer climate. I'm sure he's basking on a beach in Florida right now."

"He inherited some money?" Justin asked. "How much?"

"He told me it was over three thousand dollars, just enough to get him out of here and established somewhere better."

"Fuck!" Justin reacted.

"What's wrong?" Manny asked taking note of Justin's face, but not having heard the conversation.

"See you guys later," Kyle said and made his way upstairs.

"That prick just told me that Billy inherited three thousand dollars and has moved to Florida."

"Isn't that close to what was stolen from you?" Manny asked.

Justin nodded. "My so called fucking friend ripped me off and absconded with my money. Son of a bitch!"

"Christ, that sucks, Justin. I'm sorry to hear that."

"Well I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's happy with his ill gotten gains. I got Brian, so it doesn't matter anymore."

"That's more charitable than I'd be," Manny stated.

"I have too many good things in my life to worry about the likes of him."

"I'm glad things have worked out, Justin."

"Thanks, Manny. Keep your eyes on that Kyle. If he's anything like Billy, he'll try to rip you off."

"I'll keep that in mind."

Justin made his way to his room. He wondered what Brian's reaction would be when he told him what Billy had done.



-----



The next weeks went by in a whirlwind. Justin worked at the Quoin for a month or so and then Brian convinced him to quit as he approached the fourth month of his pregnancy. Justin was going to move in with Brian until they left for Wyoming after the baby was born.

Brian wanted to take care of Justin. It was getting close to the time when Justin would no longer be able to have anal penetration. Brian was worried that a client might get carried away like Max had and hurt Justin. He wasn't going to allow anything to happen to Justin or Jenny.

Justin and Brian were closer than ever especially after the revelation about Billy. Brian felt fully vindicated even though Justin had always seemed to believe him after his initial suspicions. They both worked and saved for their trip. The land in Wyoming was paid off, but they had very little to spend on building a house when they got there. Brian said they might have to live in a tent for awhile. He even talked about leaving Justin and the baby in Pittsburgh until he had a suitable place for them.

Justin was having none of that. He had finally found the man he wanted to spend his life with and he wasn't letting him travel halfway across the country without him. Brian finally gave in.

The day Justin moved out of the Quoin was an exciting day in many ways. It was a happy day, but also a sad day for Justin. He had lived at the Quoin for three years and he was leaving it for good. He would especially miss Manny who had been good to him.

Justin packed up his meager belongings. They all fit in one athletic bag. He found it difficult to bend over and pick up the bag once it was loaded. The thickening around his middle was becoming more obvious and he was glad he wouldn't have to hide it from clients anymore.

Brian teased him unmercifully about getting fat, but Justin also knew that the man had taken to laying his head on Justin's stomach when they watched TV. Sometimes Jenny would kick and Brian would smile. Justin prayed that nothing would happen to Jenny like what had happened to Gus. Brian said he could feel the heartbeat from the little one, strong and clear. Justin loved him so much at those moments that he was surprised his heart didn't burst out of his chest.

Justin looked around his room and remembered the fridge. He emptied it throwing out most of the stuff in it, leaving it clean for the next boy who would live there. He was so glad not to have to live this life anymore.

He opened the cupboard and saw the coffee can. It was over half full so he decided to take it with him. He and Brian were still economizing. The dishes all stayed with the room. Justin noticed the other coffee can behind the one he decided to take with him. It was the one where he had kept his money and he had just left it there after that horrible day when he discovered his money had been stolen.

"Time to get rid of that too, Jenny," Justin said.

He pulled the can out of the cupboard and noticed something behind it. He tossed the can in the wastebasket and reached for the envelope that had been hidden behind the cans. Then he remembered … Albert. This was what Albert had given him the last time he had seen him. He wondered if Albert was still alive.

He ripped open the envelope and found a picture of Albert looking a little younger than Justin remembered him. He smiled.

"Remind me to tell you all about Albert one day, Jenny. He was a nice man."

There was a little note saying how much Albert had enjoyed his times with Justin. He hoped Justin would remember him because he had no family of his own. It ended by saying that the enclosed documents might help Justin to make a good life for himself and his baby.

Justin opened the folded papers. Quickly he realized that it was the deed to Albert's house signed over to him. Justin would have to return this to Albert as soon as he could. He couldn't accept something like that.

Brian arrived and kissed Justin hello. Justin told him about the deed and Brian agreed that they shouldn't take it. Brian grabbed Justin's bag and they made their way down to the front desk.

Justin told Manny about the deed. Manny said he had seen the death notice for Albert a few days earlier. He had forgotten to mention it to Justin.

Justin felt the tears well up. He would miss Albert.

"What am I going to do about the house?" Justin asked.

"He wanted you to have it," Manny said practically.

"But … I don't know," Justin said. "How would I claim it?"

"The newspaper with the death notice is here somewhere. You could probably contact the funeral home and they could tell you who to see about his estate. They would have to be paid from his estate."

"That makes sense," Brian agreed.

"It would mean we could sell Albert's house and build our own as soon as we get out west," Justin said just beginning to realize what a windfall Albert had given them.

"Let's go home," Brian said softly.

Justin hugged Manny goodbye thoroughly embarrassing the man. He left the Quoin for the last time.



-----



Six months later Justin stood in front of the framework for the house he and Brian were building in Wyoming. They had sold Albert's house and used the money to get this one started. It would look a lot like the cottage in Justin's drawing of Jenny with the butterfly.

Justin smiled and cooed to his daughter that he held in his arms. Jenny was beautiful and alert and perfect. Justin knew she would look like the little girl in his drawing. Everything else had come true.

Brian came round the corner of the house. His shirt was off and the tool belt hung low on his hips.

"Oooh, Jenny," Justin said with an evil grin. "Daddy's all hot and sweaty. He's making me the same way." Justin fanned his face even though it was a cool spring day.

"Want to get hot and sweaty together?" Brian asked with a grin.

"Yes, please," Justin grinned. "As soon as I put Jenny down for her nap."

"If I can wait that long," Brian said kissing Justin lustily and then giving Jenny a peck on her cheek.

"You can wait," Justin said knowingly.

"Since you got your figure back, you've gotten awful bossy," Brian told him.

"I always was bossy. It was just that during the pregnancy I was so emotional it was hard to tell."

Brian chuckled. "I'll get back to work till Jenny's asleep."

"I'll put her down in the tent."

"Meet you in the back of the truck in fifteen minutes. I laid the mattress there. We can make love under blue skies," Brian said with a grin as he disappeared.

Justin smiled. The world might be all fucked up but his little corner of it was just fine. He had his wonderful, caring lover. He had his beautiful daughter. He had fond memories of Albert and his own family. Life was good and he was going to enjoy every minute of it.



SONG: In the Year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) by Zager and Evans 1969


The End.
Thyme is the author of 54 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Tool Belt Man also liked 656 other stories.