- Text Size +

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 3



Justin awoke late in the afternoon. He felt better than he had for a long time. He wondered if maybe he had passed the hurdle of morning sickness and wouldn't have to put up with that anymore. Nothing would please him more.

He pushed himself off the bed and went to wash the sleep out of his eyes. He looked in the mirror and saw his blue eyes staring back. Then he remembered tool belt man, those golden eyes. He had to find Manny and see if he could learn more about this stranger whose presence had sent chills, in a good way, through him.

He ran down the stairs feeling light and hopeful for the first time in a long while. He could see Manny at the front desk and he hurried over.

"Hi, Justin," Manny said. "You look good today."

"I feel good. I think maybe my morning sickness is over."

"Good news for your customers."

"Yeah," Justin chuckled. "It is a little disconcerting when I have to ask them to take their tongue off my cock or their dick out of my ass so I can run to the bathroom to throw up."

"You must be damn good because they keep coming back regardless of what you do," Manny said with a grin.

"I'm the best," Justin bragged with a grin. "Don't they all tell you that?"

"Most of them, except…"

"Except who?" Justin asked puzzled. Nobody had had any complaints that he knew of.

"Albert told me that he probably won't be back. He didn't book his next appointment. Wouldn't say why."

Justin grimaced. That was what he had thought. Albert would never come back. "I think he's dying," Justin managed to say and he could feel the tears well up. His emotions were always so close to the surface even more so now that he was pregnant.

"Jesus," Manny said. "I never thought of anything like that." He shook his head at the news.

"He kind of said goodbye to me today. I'll miss him." Justin felt the envelope in his pocket and made a mental note to open it when he got back to his room. "Manny, have you got a handyman of some kind working at the Quoin?"

"Yeah, I hired him yesterday. He's going to fix some of the plumbing and electric for me."

"About time," Justin observed. "He was in Billy's room this morning. I wondered who he was."

"The manager of the building next door used him a few weeks ago and said he did a very good job, not cheap, but excellent work. I figured if I was going to get some work done here I wanted it done right the first time, so I've hired him for a couple of weeks. Have you got anything you need to have fixed in your room?"

"One of the light switches has shorted out. I can't use the light by my bed anymore. Oh, and the water leaks around the faucet in the tub."

"I'll tell him to come look at it. If there's anything else let me know, because I may never do this again."

Justin snorted. There was a lot of truth in that statement. Justin had reported the broken switch several times and nothing had ever been done about it. He better get it fixed while the opportunity was there. Besides he'd get to see tool belt man again. "What's the handyman's name?" Justin asked.

"Oh, you know I'm not good with names after the first five seconds I've heard them. It's Brett or Byron or something like that."

Justin nodded knowing he'd get no more useful information out of Manny. "Have I got any clients this afternoon?"

"That guy, Matt or Mark that was here yesterday…"

"Max?" Justin asked feeling a tremor run through his body.

"That's him. He's coming in at five. Sounded like he could hardly wait to see you."

Justin made a face. "Shit!"

"What's wrong?"

"He … he was kind of rough yesterday."

"You know you can always buzz me if a trick gets out of hand."

"I know. It wasn't that bad, but he slapped me and shoved me around."

"Fuck! You don't have to take that especially in your condition."

"It wasn't so bad … and I need the money."

Manny gave him a look like what was money compared to being beaten up. "I'll tell you what. When he comes in I'll tell him that there is to be no rough stuff. You buzz me if he starts anything."

"Okay, thanks Manny."

Justin turned and headed back to his room. He took Albert's envelope out of his pocket and flipped it over. It was sealed. He was almost afraid to open it. He switched on the stereo. The verses of "2525" poured out. Today it was the year 4545 that spoke to him.

"In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to do
Nobody's gonna look at you."

Justin leaned against the headboard of his bed. He wished he could smoke a joint, but it wouldn't be good for the baby so he refrained. He wondered how much longer men would look at him and want him. He knew he'd still have a figure, sort of, right up to the end of the pregnancy, but he would get heavier, more lethargic, and after the fourth month there would be no more anal penetration. He hoped he'd be gone from here by then … far away … in someplace beautiful and peaceful, just him and Jenny and …

The phone rang. Manny was telling him that Max was there. He stood up wearily feeling like he'd run away if he had somewhere to go. He grabbed the envelope and stuck it in the cupboard behind the coffee cans. He felt a spasm of nausea and fought it back. He wouldn't be sick. He could do this. He would do this for Jenny and himself and their life in the future.

Max was pacing in the lobby when he got there. Justin didn't much like the look on his face. Manny gave Justin a nod indicating that he had read the riot act to the customer.

"Take Room 5," Manny said.

"I want the same room as yesterday," Max said belligerently.

"It's under repair," Manny said bluntly.

"Fuck!" Max spat out. "Let's go." He gave a snap of his head to Justin who followed him down the hall.

Justin saw that the door to Room 6 was propped open. Tool belt man must be in there. Maybe he could talk to him after he was done with Max. A smile played across his face.

"That's better," Max said mistaking the smile for Justin's pleasure at being with him again. "I knew you got off yesterday too."

Justin felt the urge to throw up and swallowed quickly. He unlocked the door to Room 5 and they entered. Max slammed the door behind them and Justin felt himself being whipped around and into Max's embrace. The man squeezed the breath out of him while his teeth chewed down Justin's throat making him gasp and wince in pain. He'd have some ugly marks tomorrow.

"Take it easy," Justin said levelly pushing Max away.

"Suck me off," Max demanded. "You did a good job of that before."

"Sure," Justin agreed unzipping Max's pants and kneeling in front of him. He took the already semi-erect dick into his mouth and started working his magic. Some precum leaked from the slit and Justin felt himself gag. He stopped sucking and dropped the cock from his mouth drawing in a long breath and praying he wouldn't throw up.

He felt Max shove his cock against his closed lips. Fingers grabbed his hair and held his head still. Justin gagged again and tried to stand. He needed to get to the bathroom. Max shoved him to his knees and rammed his dick into his face.

"Please," Justin gulped. "Gonna be sick."

"Shut up and start sucking!"

Justin struggled to get up. He was going to vomit. He knew he couldn't stop it. Max refused to release him and Justin felt the first spasm. He opened his mouth and it all came pouring out over the bottom of Max's pant legs and onto his shoes.

"You fucking asshole!" Max screamed at him and threw him away. Justin landed on his butt a foot or two away from Max. "I'm going to kill you, you bloody pig. Look what you've done."

Justin wiped his mouth and tried to say that he was sorry. He had trouble making his voice work.

Suddenly he felt a boot connect with his ribs and he screamed in pain. Max kicked at him again and Justin curled into a fetal position holding his arms across his stomach to protect Jenny. The kick hit him in the upper arm and he cried out again.

"Shut the fuck up!" Max screamed at him.

"Help!" Justin yelled at the top of his lungs. He knew he'd never get to the buzzer beside the bed. "Help!" he yelled again, then, "Please, Max, don't. Please," he moaned as another kick connected with his arm. He screamed again.

Suddenly he heard pounding and Max stopped kicking him. There was a huge thud and breaking sound and he knew someone had come to his rescue.

"Fucking asshole!" someone said. Justin heard what sounded like a fist connecting with flesh. "Get the fuck out of here!" the same voice ordered.

"I'll sue you for assault," Max yelled.

"That was fucking battery, not assault," the first voice yelled in response. "Get out or I'm calling the police. Then you'll be getting your jollies in the pen."

Max zipped his pants and beat a hasty retreat.

"Justin," Manny's voice said leaning over him.

"The baby," Justin groaned. "My baby."

Justin felt strong arms come around him and lift him up. He was laid gently on the bed. He opened his eyes and looked into golden eyes filled with worry.

"I think we should get you to the hospital," tool belt man said.

Justin nodded. "My baby," he moaned holding his stomach.

"I'll call for an ambulance," Manny said.

"I could drive him in my truck," tool belt man said. "It would be faster."

Manny agreed. "The hospital is three blocks south. The doctor who has been looking after Justin is there. I'll get his card from the front desk."

"Can you walk?" tool belt man asked.

"I don't know," Justin managed to get out. "Hurts."

"I guess I could carry you."

Justin thought he would like that, having those strong arms around him, but he didn't want to seem like a helpless wimp. "Let me try to stand up," Justin said.

He swung his legs off the bed and winced a bit. He felt tool belt man put his arm around his waist and help to raise him to his feet. Justin took a breath that hurt but steadied himself and took a few steps towards the door.

"I can do it," he said softly.

With tool belt man's support he walked out to the front of the building. Manny gave tool belt man the doctor's card and they proceeded out to the pickup parked on the street. Tool belt man helped Justin into the cab and buckled him in. He ran around to the driver's side and they were at the hospital in no time. Tool belt man stopped at the emergency entrance and ran in to get help. Soon Justin was lying on a gurney and being whisked into an exam room. He wondered if he'd ever see tool belt man again.

Several tests and a couple of hours later Justin's doctor told him that there seemed to be no major damage. He had bruised ribs and would have some major bruises on his arm, but the baby was fine, heart beating solidly. Justin breathed a sigh of relief.

"You really should be more careful, Justin," the doctor admonished him. "Working at the Quoin is not a good environment for a pregnant person or for the baby you are going to have."

"I know," Justin said tears welling up in his eyes. "I'm only staying there until I can get together enough money to pay for the birth and get a place for us afterwards."

"I understand that, but if something like this happens again, you may not be so lucky."

"I'll try to be more careful."

"Good. Now I think you're ready to go home. I just wish it was to a different home."

Justin grimaced. He wished it was a different home too, but there was nowhere else to go at the moment. "Do you think I can walk or should I call a cab?"

"The guy that brought you in is still in the waiting room. Can't he take you back?"

"He is? He's still here?"

"That's what I said. Want me to send him in?"

"Yes, please," Justin grinned. The pain in his ribs and arms had suddenly disappeared. Tool belt man had waited for him.

A few minutes later as Justin struggled to get dressed the curtains opened and tool belt man looked in on the partially naked Justin.

"Need some help?" he asked.

"I can't raise this arm," Justin said trying to get his T-shirt over his head.

"Here," tool belt man said raising the sore arm gently so that Justin could pull the t-shirt over and down. Justin felt that tingle run across his body at the touch of this man. He wondered if tool belt man felt it too. Justin smiled gratefully at him. "The doctor says you can go home … and that your baby is okay," tool belt man said matter-of-factly.

Justin tried to look into the golden eyes as the man said that but he wouldn't make eye contact. That worried Justin. Maybe he didn't approve of men having babies. Maybe the whole idea turned him off.

"I'm Justin Taylor by the way," Justin said extending his hand.

"Brian Kinney," the man said and gently shook the proffered hand. He didn't seem very enthusiastic, but Justin still felt that jolt from the touch, and there was something that flickered across tool belt man's, no Brian's, face. Maybe there was hope yet.

"I'm ready," Justin said and stood up. He wavered a bit and Brian's arms immediately came around him.

"Sit down. I think you're supposed to wait for a wheelchair. I'll go bring up the truck."

"Thanks," Justin said with the best smile he could muster.

Brian disappeared through the curtains.

As soon as he was gone, Justin rubbed his palms across his middle. "I think we've found him, Jenny. He's kind and gentle and he saved me from that awful man. I get tingles whenever he touches me, even when I know he's near. He has to be the one, Jenny. I know he does."