- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The characters of Isak, Even, Jonas and Eva and their story doesn't belong to me. It was taken from a show called SKAM. But since the Christamas party onwards it's my work about how their future should have been.

Justin:


When someone rang the door, I felt my heart stop for a second. No one was supposed to know we live here, not even the gang... or at least the part of the gang we have on our side knows where we live nowadays. We wanted all covered so no one would spill the beans, this secret is key to winning against Lindsay for Gus' parental rights. Then when I began thinking clearly again, I deduced that this shouldn't mean that the gang knows about Britin, but surely a neighbor that wanted greet us. After all, we've been living here for a while now and in such a friendly neighborhood it was going to end up happening.


However, you'll know my surprise when it wasn't a neighbor there when I opened the door. It was one of the last persons I would have expected. It was...


Isak:


"Isak?!" Justin exclaimed, surprised, his expression made me laugh and forget about all my problems. He always has this kind of power over me, just like Even and Jonas. Another reason why I value my friendship with him so much.


"In the flesh! I hope I didn't interrupt anything" I replied.


"Not at all... I just finished the first comic for the third volume. Wha... what are you doing here?! Shouldn't you be in Los Angeles?" he demanded to know, still not snapping completely from his state of shock at my surprise apparition "Is something wrong?"


"No! No, relax everything is fine... in reality more than fine" I assured him, with a dreamy smile "Can I borrow you from your boyfriend for a little conversation?" I asked him shyly, not wanting to bother others- a habit that hasn't left me from my days in highschool.


"Sure..." he answered me, frowning confused "Just let me tell Bri before" with that said Justin left me at the door in search of his beau. When he came back, he had a serious expression on his face that made me worry "He is occupied at the moment, whatever he is dealing with must be important cause he didn't wait to find his phone and used mine instead. I didn't want to interrupt him so I left him a note. Let's get going! There is a nice family café a few blocks from here, so there is no need to take your car" he added when I offered him to drive us "Also, Bri bought me a car. I'll show it to you later!" Justin told me excitedly.


I smiled, not wanting to lessen his happiness. But I still do not understand his relationship with that man, I was heartbroken when I saw Even kiss Sonja after telling me that he had broken up with her. To see the love of my life fuck man after man in front of me... that would break me completely. Justin really is a very strong man. However, I really can't judge him. When we were young my friends and I were suckers for drama.


I did tell my own high school drama to Justin while he was in Los Angeles. He was giving up not only in Brian, but himself as well. And hating himself for all the stupid decisions he made. I was lucky to catch him in time before he did someone more stupid. I told him my story, so he won't feel as if he is the only stupid teenage boy out there, and explained to him that you are what you let yourself be. No one can turn you into someone you are not. He took those words to heart... and look at everything he had achieved since then: Rage, he finished college and is going for a second degree, making a name for himself in the art world of Pittsburgh- to begin with for now-, making friendships with the high people of his city's society and being engaged to the untamable stud of Liberty Avenue. I know all this because we kept in touch since he left Los Angeles, almost on a daily basis. 


I've never been more proud of him. I just hope that he will accept the proposition I have for him.


Justin:


I chuckled at his incredulous expression, he should have gotten used to my habits by now.


"Justin, you know that I do not only work for an editorial?" He asked me, once we had ordered and the waitress had left.


"Of course, I do! You make deals with Hollywood to turn the best sellers your editorial publish into movies" I answered, rapidly.


After all, I've heard the story of how they made their careers. About how Isak, Even, Jonas and Eva became who they are. It all started, like any good story Isak ever told me, with one of Even's maniac episodes. He was in his last years of cinematography, Jonas on his third, Eva studying to be an agent and Isak, after a long time not knowing if he wanted to be a scientist or a writer, he was in his last year of English- he had skipped one year for being too smart.


Going back to Even he did an impulsive thing, like he always does in one of his episodes, he enrolled in a Scottish History class that the university was giving- Even loathes history! Afterwards, he couldn't get out of it and was freaking out about not being able to get his degree because he failed that damn class. So, Isak took matters into his hands and fixed things smoothly. He linked something Even hated with something he loved: he wrote a script about the topics they were dealing in class. After all, Even always recalls every line the actors say in movies. Why wouldn't he do the same now?


The only difference now, was that Isak made it into a T.V show, not a movie. Because there was too much information to fit into the script of a movie, but if divided into chapter it was possible. He also added romance and mystery to it, it wouldn't be an interesting T.V show otherwise. It was about the life of Mary Stuart and how she tried to defend her kingdom from the English that wanted to invade them. He named it: Reign. The funny thing was that something that was meant to help his boyfriend landed them the job of their lives.


Even and Jonas had started a YouTube page during their last and second year, respectively, in highschool. They posted videos they made, and became very popular. With time they reached over million subscribers, and caught the attention of a very important director in Norway- the four of them are originally from there. They started as their assistants, learning from him every day, and then moved to help him out sometimes with the edition of some scenes. One day when Even left work, he left Isak's script behind. Elias, the director, found it and took it home to then give it to his apprentice the following day. But at the end he caved in to his curiosity and read it, he was amazed by it and contacted a friend of his in Los Angeles that wanted to promote a T.V show Reign. After putting a good name of Even and Jonas his friend accepted letting these young geniuses to direct the show, he must have really trusted Elias to do that so blindly.


After getting the fantastic news, they all moved to Los Angeles after the graduation of Isak and Even. They lived in an apartment together, nearby the university Jonas and Eva transferred to for their last year of college. No one really trusted the show to be a success, after all, it was directed by someone who had just gotten a degree and another one who was still studying, it was represented by an agent that was still in college and the script was written by someone who had only graduated last year. They proved them all wrong. It was a lot of work, but Reign became a very successful T.V show worldwide . It lasted for FOUR seasons. Not because it was cancelled, but because the guys didn't want to stretch the show too much and risk loosing the essence of it. 


Afterwards, Isak left the scene of Hollywood and landed a job in one of the top editorials in Los Angeles. He became the head of the fiction and fantasy department that I met at that party. But by leaving, he caused Eva to lose a client, he felt bad for doing that so he took it to himself to find a new one for her best female friend. At the end he found Beatrice Steven, an old lady who had just signed a contract with him to publish her first book- which ended up being a best-seller and turned into a movie after Isak presented it to his husband Even. That's how Isak got his new place into Los Angeles' filming scene. At the end the editorial asked her to write another two, which of course their movies were also directed by Jonas and Even. They make such a great team, Jonas never complains when Even has to be absent because he had a maniac attack.


Their story is something I always kept in my head. It made me not feel alone- I wasn't the only young gay man that did stupid things impulsively- and gave me strength to continue fighting to be successful, to prove to everyone and myself that I was worth giving the chance to live after the... the bashing. And Isak is my role model, the one I always want to make proud. Sometimes I wonder why he befriended me, after all he is eight years older than me and successful. But then again, I bagged Brian Fucking Kinney. Who is also, successful and twelve years my senior. 


"You know that Even and Jonas just finished filming the third movie of the Dream, Dreaming trilogy, and will surely soon start looking for their next project. Which reminds me, I have your invites for the premiere in my car. You can bring Brian and Gus with you, if you want" he told me, getting off track. I flashed him my sunshine smile, after all, it would be my first premiere "Also, Beatrice is planning on retiring. She thanked us for making her dreams come true, but she could no longer stand the pressure that Los Angeles brings- if I am being honest after eight years there, neither do I. That causes Eva to lose another client, again. So, I found a way to make the five of us happy"


"Wait a minute... did you just say 'the five of us'?" I asked him confused, again.


"Yes, I did. I meant: Even, Jonas, Eva, you and I" he answered. Before I could demand some answers, the waitress came with our drinks and food. I had to wait until she left to open my mouth, to then just be interrupted by Isak again "You see, Rage has a big chance to be a huge success. The only thing that caused to fail the first time was the horrendous story line that Novoty made. However, now that you gave it an incredible ending and explained why everything was so fake at the beginning... well, there is no chance of failure. We would use the same cast, Even and Jonas liked them, and I almost finished writing the script- I began as soon as you signed the contract with us. Rage storyline is more of a T.V show, but the first volume is so maddening at the beginning that makes you want to stop watching it. So, we would focus on how Rage became who he is, how he met JT, a few of the most interesting cases he had in Dreamland and how he saved his sidekick- that battle will be the main focus of the movie. Then the volume two and the rest that will come, will be turned into a T.V shows. Otherwise, it will feel as if it was being rushed, if it were turned into a movie. We could use Kinnetik for advertising, and you wouldn't have to worry about moving to Los Angeles again and leaving your family behind, like last time. Even and Jonas want to film it here in Pittsburgh, to make it more realistic. After all, Rage fights the crime of Pittsburgh's streets, not Los Angeles'. Eva could also represent you, not only as a comic writer, but as an artist. In the eight years we've lived in Los Angeles, she had accumulated a lot of contacts. Also, comic con wants you to represent Rage in Los Angeles, here in Pittsburgh, Canada, Argentina, France and Norway. For that you'll need an agent to have your back. It's a win win for everyone: I get to leave Los Angeles and live here with you, Even and Jonas have their next project, Eva gets the client she needs, your comic gets turned into a movie and Brian has a new client. Now that i think about it... it's a way to make the sixof us happy. So, what do you say Justin? Deal?"