- Text Size +

Justin:


"Isak... can you specify please? You are scaring us" I begged him "I know that Even would never raise a hand on you, not on purpose... was he having an episode?"  I asked slowly.


"After so many years together, and he with his bipolarity, we thought we already knew everything we had to know about his illness" Isak started "He always takes his medicine, we go together to his schedule dates with his therapist and we believed we had managed to control his maniac episodes. It's been a decade since he had the same number of episodes each year, all around the same time. We thought we could predict them and be relax... how wrong we were" his comment made my blood freeze, and my heart to almost pound out of my chest "Even already had all the episodes he was supposed to have this year, according to what we believed. He never gets violent you know, he ends up doing reckless things and impromptus ones. Then, he gets very depressed and has to stay in bed for at least a week, more if said episode was a big one... tonight he lost his mind. I don't know what happened, he just began throwing things around and spouting things in German. I was so afraid... not of him! But for him! The was so much glass on the floor, and he was in the middle of it. He could have gotten hurt! So, I tried to him down. It didn't work, he just got even more violent. It reached a point where he had grabbed my right arm so hard  that I was afraid he would crush my bones"


So, that's where he got his arms hurt. I hated that this happens to people so good such as, Isak and Even. I couldn't even fault Even for all of this, it wasn't his fault that he was bipolar after all.


"That's not all" Brian said, with a grim.


"No... when I tried to get away from his hold, he backhanded me" he admitted, grazing his black eye softly "Making me fall on the glass" I gasped "That's when Jonas and Eva appeared. They are renting the house next to ours, and were able to hear all the noises of things breaking from their place. They called the police and an ambulance before rushing to our house, afraid that we would be hurt or needed help. I would have laughed at their expressions of pure shock when they discovered that no one had broken into our house... but that I was hurt because of my husband" I hugged him tighter, minding his injuries, when he let out an empty chuckle.


"Jonas was furious, he saw me laying on the floor with tears rolling down my cheeks, glass surrounding me and a small pond of blood forming under me. I was still in shock, so I didn't know who started it, but when Eva helped me on my feet I noticed the fists flying and both of them destroying the living room even more than it already was. No matter how much I yelled at Jonas, telling him that it wasn't his fault, that he was having an episode, my friend didn't stop until Even was knocked out" now there were tears coming from his eyes, once again. I hated how impotent I felt, that the only thing I could do is hug him and pray everything gets better "It took me a while, but I was finally able to convince the police and Jonas of Even's innosence. He was taken to the hospital, they were notified of the situation and that Even might be dangerous when he wakes up. Eva and Jonas followed the ambulance to the hospital, but I couldn't. I couldn't even stay enough for the EMR to check me up, I needed to get out of there... I am such a horrible husband!"


"What are you talking about?!" Brian demanded to know, angrily "You just passed a traumatic situation! You cannot be blamed for that. The important thing is that you don't hate or blame your husband, that you know he didn't do that on purpose. Do you still love him?"


"Of course I do!!!" Isak snapped at my fiancé, angry at being asked something so obvious.


"Then you should not worry about it, Justin will give you a ride to the hospital and you'll be there for him. You just needed time to process everything. Even will surely understand that. I would come with you, but we live far away from everyone we know and trust, so we don't have anyone to babysit Gus while we are gone" Bri told my friend "Now go" he ordered us.


I smiled at the love of my life and kissed him, expressing how grateful I am and promising a big reward for his incredible behavior when I get back from the hospital.


Even:


I groaned as I started to wake up, confused when I felt an oppressive sensation on my wrists. I blinked rapidly, eyes getting a bit hurt, at the bright lights in the room. 


Why would Issy leave the lights one while we are sleeping? I thought, confused. Isak! 


I suddenly remembered everything that happened that night, how I finally lost my mind and my worst nightmare came true: I hurt my guardian angel, the light and love of my life. I began to struggle, when I noticed that the oppressive sensation of before meant that I was being restrained against my will. 


"..y .... vy... Evy... Evy!" I don't know how long Isak has been calling out my name, I only knew that just then I have been able to hear his voice "Evy, calm down baby. I'm here, everything is going to be fine" he hushed me softly, hovering over me.


I then noticed that I've been here for a while now, his bruises and cuts have almost healed by now. But there were still small scars and his eye was still a bit black. It make me want to throw up. How could I have raised a hand on my husband? What kind of demon am I?!


"Issy... I am so sorry, my love" I apologized "Please forgive me" I wasn't ashamed to cry.


"There is nothing to forgive, Evy" he assured me "I know you would have never raised a hand on me, not willingly. Now that you are calm, let me call the doctor. They need to check you up" he told me, before he left the hospital room. Not very long afterwards he came back with a black man following him. The doctor left us on our own, me unrestrained, after deeming normal again "You've been here for two weeks" he informed me, when he saw the question in my eyes "You really gave Eva a lot of work, the press had a field day with... the eventful night we went through. Luckily, everything has calmed down now"


"It seems I had a lot of visits" I commented, noticing that the room was full with flowers, balloons, some teddies and even a couple of chocolate boxes.


"You haven't seen the house, most of the are from fans of yours" Isak replied, I cringed at the memory of how I wreaked the house "Relax, your parents flew all the way from Oslo to Pittsburgh as soon as the news hit the T.V. They had to be here for us" he smiled at the kindness of my parents "Your mom is taking care of everything, she called a cleaning service to make all the mess vanish and then took it on herself to redecorate the living room again. You enter the house and you would have never imagined there was a fight" 


"A fight?... Jonas! Goodness, I fought him. Is he ok?!" I demanded to know.


"He had a split lip and a black eye, but at the end you were the one who was knocked out. He is fine now... but still angry at you. So, you'll have to tread carefully around him" he warned me.


"It's ok, if things were reversed I would have reacted the same way. If not worse" I replied "Wait a minute... two weeks have passed since that night? Doesn't that mean that tomorrow is the court case against Lindsay and a week later will be the one against Michael?" I questioned Issy.


"Yes" my husband replied.


"Then let's better sign my release papers, we need to be there for Justin. After what that bitch did to him, he'll need us there to support him" I stated, getting ready for the fight.


Tomorrow all the cards will be on the table, and everyone will know that Lindsay tried to kill Justin.