- Text Size +

Debbie:


I never thought this day would come. It was unthinkable to imagine my son being such a backstabbing brat! I held a sob as I stare at my Michael being dragged across the courtroom, Cral wrapped his arms around me in support. I had to keep it together, I had to at least do that for my kids- those two beautiful boys I adopted, that suffered enough for a life time. They tried to be quiet for years, about Michael's misbehaving and suffered in silence, to not hurt my feelings. But enough is enough, he can't get away with this.


It took the whole family being against Michael and telling me they would rather lose me than keep me with my son in the combo. It took me having Carl threaten to leave me if I didn't open my eyes. It took me Jennifer smoking to my house and yelling at me for being such a blind mother, who couldn't see anything wrong wit's her son. It took me all of this, but I finally woke up. I finally began to see the real Michael, not the angel who couldn't do anything wrong image I had of him. 


I looked back in my memories, and wanted to slap myself in the head for being so blind... for not seeing the manipulation and pain he made sure others suffer when he didn't get what he wanted. I was so ashamed of myself, that I was not sure if I should show myself to them. Luckily, they are both fucking sweethearts and told me there was nothing to forget. If a parents mistake shouldn't be held over the child's head, why couldn't it be the same when the kid commits the mistake?


The kids that aren't even related to me treated me way better than my own flesh and blood. I sometimes feel like I am only a waitress for Michael, someone to give him money or whatever he wants when he is in need. That hurts me more than seeing him going to prison and not being able to do a thing about it.


I just don't know where did I went wrong.


Judge


"Madam judge, I present you the evidence, recollected by Mr. Brian Taylor-Kinney, with the admisión of Mr. Novotny to the breaking and entering of Mr. Brian Taylor-Kinney loft and to the robbery" Laura Lune stated, pressing the button to play the recording from the mobile phone in her hand.


"Listen to me, you little shit! I have no idea why you think you have the rights to turn  MY character into the bad guy in Rage, but you won't get away with that!"


The annoying voice of the accused sounded loud and clear, this will be fast if he ends up admitting his crime. And by the paling face of the rat, I could see he wasn't expecting his BEST FRIEND to have recorded this conversation.


I've only seen the idiot twice and already want to kill him for being such an annoying little shit- as he called poor Sunshine. Yes, I know Justin. He must have not recognize me, because before being a she I was a he. He was the one who gave me advice about not hiding my true self anymore and how to help the ones near to me with this new change.


Now that I am finally, truly happy, I have the chance to repay him his kindness. Of course, I won't send someone who doesn't deserve it to prison. But I can speed up the process so there won't be the need of many hearings for the Taylor-Kinney family to deal with.


And this egocentric jerk, really deserves it!


Laura:


Even hearing him in a recording gives me a headache! I complained in my head. No adult man can sound like that. He must be doing it on purpose!


"I'll ruin you! Don't think I haven't done it before! Brian listens to me, or have you forgotten? I turned him against you over and over again before! Like when I told you not to tell him about you are hearing the voice message from the hospital, so I can make you seem like you wanted to control everything in his life. Or when I didn't give you a chance to explain and went behind your back to tell MY BEST FRIEND that you were cheating on you. He chose me over and over again, in the past. What makes you think he won't do it again?!"


I noticed Brian gripping the table harder, until his knuckles were white. I knew that he blamed himself for not being there for Angel, for believing the one he thought as a friend instead of the man he loves and has always been there for him. Hearing this, again, was only making things worse. But he had to pull through it, for Justin- for his family's happiness and peace.


"You know which of the many times I sabotaged the dream you wanted so strongly to come true, you fucking idiot, is the one I like the most? The times when I stole the loft and blamed the fault on you!"


Gotcha! I thought pleased with myself, stopping the recording. There is no need to make Brian and Debbie suffer no more, the heart-breaking sobs coming from her were enough as it is.


"As you can see, madam judge, there is the recorded confession of Mr. Novotny's crime. Let's remember that Mr. Novotny's criminal record isn't clean either, and this is not the first act of aggression against Mr. Brian Taylor-Kinney's fiancé" I enjoyed how the idiot's eyes almost popped out of his skull. I still can't believe he is real, since the beginning I've been calling Brian by his hyphened last name and just now, that I spelled it out for him, did he figure out they got back together... he really has problems "Mr. Novotny cheated on Mr. Justin Taylor-Kinney on Rage, the international comic they both used to share. Now belongs only to the latter, because the infraction the accused committed" I rested my case, sitting down next to Brian.


Before that I rapidly gazed towards Melanie, who looked as if she wish the ground to swallow her. Not only was she married to a crazy bitch that wanted the one she considers like a little brother dead, the one she chose as her daughter's father- who was supposedly much better than Brian- was a criminal... and a bad one at that. She had it coming, now her children will never be siblings. No matter how much she desires it, now that she figured out she has no rights over Gus she has no way of making him see JR as his sister. Especially now that Justin had blood related baby coming, and Brian isn't desiring to have nothing to do with the unmentionable... she is screwed. But then again, she had it coming. She brought this to herself.


"Fiancé?!" the annoying, high pitch voice of the unmentionable resonated through the courtroom, making us all wince at it. Not only was he annoying, his voice reflected that as well "When did that happen? Is it a joke?! Brian doesn't do love or marriage?! It's a trick! Don't believe a word of it, it's a fucking trick!" now he began yelling at the judge "He is a fucking trick! Who has been jealous of me since the beginning, for having what he'll never have: Brian's love!" now he has lost his mind completely "If he were relevant, why the hell isn't he here to support his fiancé?!" he spat the word, with a crazed glint in his eyes that worried me.


I grabbed my friend's hand and squeezed it, I was all that was stopping him from throwing himself at the unmentionable and beating the crap out of him. Justin was at home with Gus, because there was no need to stress him over this- more than he already was over Lindsay's. It was no good for the baby, Brian feels guilty enough, he demanded him to stay home. Also, as the crime was against him there is no need for Angel being here. He was mad, but he relented because it was in the best interest of his little girl.


The yelling continued for a while, the idiot ignoring the warnings from the judge, until she called the guards to retire him from the room. The idiot couldn't get a clue and kept on screaming that he was Brian's best friend and they couldn't do this to him, that it was surely all a mistake. Debbie's sobs were loud and clear, the only thing that broke the silence of the room. There was a break of an hour, to let the jury and the judge decide the sentence. Meanwhile, I was trying my best to calm Brian down and the rest of the gang to console Debbie. Melanie tried to reach out for us, but we all ignored her. The hurt was clear on her face, but it didn't get the pity it was desired.


When the hour break was over, everyone got back in again. However, the lawyer was there to represent the unmentionable- with him being in jail. 


"We had reached a sentence, Michael Novotny was found guilty of robbery and will spend six years in prison. With three years of probation and a restriction order to any propriety own by the Taylor-Kinney's and any member of the family" with that said, she ended our problems- she brought the peace so longed for.