- Text Size +

Laura:

"These are good... very good" I commented, impressed by the file case Justin did "Are you sure you are only a first year student of pre-law?" I asked him, because there was no way he is that good so young and inexperienced.

"Yes" he replied shyly, blushing a bit.

He's so adorable! I squealed in my head, but kept it cool outside.

I am a professional, and I'm working right now. There is no way I will act so childishly just for a pair of baby blue eyes, cute pouty lips, sunshine smile... adorable blush... "That's it!" I exclaimed, jumping off my chair, sending it flying and startling the two men in the room "I am keeping you!" I rounded the desk and wrapped my arms around this adorable angel "You're gonna be my little brother, understood? I'll teach you everything about law and give you an internship with us".

"Ar... are you sure Miss. Lune? You don't know me that well" he stuttered adorably, blushing increasing.

"Of course I am! Brian told me everything about you sweetie. I hate his so called 'family', they are mean and childish. They don't appreciate what they have- until they need something- and they can't accept when they do something wrong. They just blame it on Brian!" I ranted angrily, returning to my seat on the other side of the desk "So I told Brian this, after the first time I met them: 'I will always be here for you, and I love you best friend. But I won't be dragged into the fucking mess that your family is. So keep me out of it'. When you came around I loved you right away, just by listening at Brian I knew you were an angel sent from heaven to fix the mess that Liberty Avenue's local gang is" I almost squealed when both of the blushed. They are so cute! "YOU made me rethink if I should reconsider getting to know the gang, the way Brian talked about how you made everyone change and thrive to be better. Not only the gang, but also almost all of Liberty Avenue. How your advices, willingness to always lend a hand and your kind and accepting attitude helped everyone to stop being the good for nothing those stupid bigots think of them, and succeed in what they want to. Just look at Emmett and Theodore, they were no ones and now they are successful in their field. Even Debbie started to live her life and got a boyfriend!" I believe that Brian wishes that the ground opens and eats him, but I can't stop myself I love this new Brian so much that I just have to make sure this angel stays... otherwise it will be my best friend's ruin "And call me Laura! We are practically family now."

"Thank you Mis... Laura" he replied with a sunshine smile, cheeks still red. 

"You think we can win?" Brian asked, not so smoothly trying to change the topic.

"Of course we will! What do you take me for? I am Laura Lune, and I always win" I replied with a confident smirk, making both of them look at each other before smiling to me "The fact that you didn't sign the papers, to give up your parental rights, before a lawyer or a judge, and that you were a very present presence in your son's life and the support money you gave them through the years has been more than enough... you can have them restored without even going to court. Especially since Mrs. Marcus couldn't have gone through the adoptions, the way you gave up your rights wasn't legal so the adoption wouldn't have been either" I didn't know the effect my words had until I looked up from the file to see an almost catatonic, pale Brian being coddled by Justin- who was sitting in his lap now and was putting kisses all over his jaw while murmuring sweet nonsense "They... they lied to you. Didn't they? They made you believe that your son wasn't yours anymore and held it over your head all the time? Made you think that they had a power, one that they didn't, to take your sonny boy away from you... good."

"Good?!" yelled a very angry Justin "Good you say?! Our family is breaking, stabbing each other in the back for power and money. Blaming US for everything and getting all the good things in life at our expenses. First Michael and now Lindsay and Mel, who next?! Debbie?! Teddy?! Emmett?! You?!" he shouted at me.

"Good, because we can use it in court" I replied calmly, even though I wanted to have the liberty to react as angel just did.

"Court? You said we didn't need to take it to court" Brian seemed to have snapped out of it and was looking at Justin- who had jumped off his lap and was now pacing all over my office- with a confused expression, then I knew that he had noticed what angel had let slip just now.

"To get your parental right restored, for that we won't need to go to court. We will have to fight to get better visitation rights, you need to have your son with you at least every week-end. I'll be aiming for three days a week, but only if that's ok with you" I tell my friend, forgetting about Justin's drama for a while. The look of pure surprise and hope in his eyes, as if he didn't deserve the love or the time of his son, made me hate those harpies more than I ever loathed someone... even more than Jack Kinney "I take it's a yes" he just smiled slightly at me and nodded, Justin was back to where he belonged- next to Brian- and was hugging his boyfriend.

"Now Sunshine..." Brian started, breath tickling angel- which made him giggle- as my friend nuzzled against his neck "What did you mean by Michael first?" even not knowing him much, it was easy to notice him tensing "Sunshine?" he asked worriedly.

By angel's stricken, pale face I knew that whatever it happened between them was bad... very bad.

Brian:

As soon as I notice him tensing, I knew that it was very serious. Justin never tenses when he is in my arms, NEVER. One of the things I love the most about my fiancé, is that he trusts me so much that he's never worried about getting hurt or feeling uneasy in my arms. He trusts me to keep him safe and happy. Him reacting like that is bad news... very bad news.

And it worries me.

"My prince, what's wrong?" I asked him concerned, not caring that Laura could see me in my lowest. I trust her not to hurt me like my 'family' did... and does.

"You'll hate me" he said it with such a conviction that broke my heart. 

"I will never hate you, you are my prince Justin. Without you I... I am no one. So please tell me, I need to know what I did wrong" I aske... pleaded him. That seemed to unfreeze both of them, since I never beg.

"Is that you don't get it Brian! You didn't do anything wrong, it's his fault!" He hissed angrily, spitting the word 'his'.

"What did Michael do now?" I asked tiredly- since the idiot never seems to stop getting into messes-, but calmer now that I know I can fix it.

"He cheated me with Rage!" I froze at his angry words "I always thought that it was a bit strange that someone wanted to do a Rage movie from a comic that doesn't even get a grand for each volume. So when I was in Los Angeles I dogged down a bit... and surprise, surprise: Rage is an international comic! Here it might now be so popular because of the discrimination, but Canada and Europe have a big demand of the only gay superhero there is in the market. Plus the money that the movie producers gave the bastard he owed me over 100K!"

No, no... please Michael let it all be a lie. I thought desperately, not wanting to believe that not only one of my best friends would betray me, but both of them. We needed that money after I lost my job, how could he do this to me?! Am I really just a bank for them? To come and ask when they need help, but have no one to lean on when I needed. I look at my beautiful partner- who was back to pacing around the office- I never really appreciated how much I depended on him, how he was the only one that was always there for me... even when we weren't together. 

"The worst thing was his damn excuse! 'Why does it matter? It isn't as if you do anything but just draw my ideas? I am the one who does all the real work. Also, it's not as if you need the money. Just continue being Brian's kept boy and you'll be fine. I need it for my family, you and Brian don't have that and never will with that disgusting style of life you follow'. " he imitated Michael's whinny tone.

I couldn't breath, I still recall the times after I began Kinnetik when he came asking for money for Debbie's mortgage, Hunter's education and Jenny's support. Where the hell did all those 100K went to?! I screamed in my head, all the hurt and pain turning into pure, real RAGE.

"How could he say that?! How could he do that to you Brian?! His so supposed 'best-friend'!" My heart ached when I noticed he wasn't angry for himself, but for me. That's the one I always choose over him was the one that screw me over, the one I didn't have to trust. But Justin, who I have hurt over and over again, treating him as the gang treated me, is still thinking of me first... it made me feel like crap. It was worse when I discovered why Sunshine never came to me when he discovered this. He was sure that I would choose Michael's side over his, even when the bastard was in the wrong one here. How much I've hurt him... but not any longer.

"Do you know in what did he spend all that money on? On his stupid toys!" With those final words my heart broke completely.

Who are you Michael? Because you are not the same boy I met when you were fourteen. When did you turn so bitter and manipulative? Have you ever been this selfish and cold hearted? Why didn't I notice it before? I questioned myself in my head.  

"Laura... we'll need your help for another case. We'll sue Michael for fraud and thievery" I told my best-friend tiredly and heartbroken.

"Oh, that won't be necessary" Justin scoffed. I almost jumped off my chair and screamed at him in rage, Michael was the wrong one here and shouldn't get away with it. But I stopped myself, it was my fault that Sunshine believed he should behave this way. I fucked him up to this point, I hated myself as much as I hated Jack then "I already did that" I snapped out of my thoughts with his declaration "Why do you think I got into law? I knew you wouldn't take my side, neither the gang, over Michael's. My mother had enough problems dealing with the bastard of my sperm donor and working to support Molly. So the only thing I could afford then was a not very good lawyer. That's why I began studying law by myself and made a file with all the proof I needed to get him to jail. I gave my lawyer very specific instructions of what to say and how to act during the hearing, before then I met with Michael and told him the situation he was in and how many years of prison, he'll be facing if he didn't approve of my demands during the hearing and wanted to take things to court"

My jaw fell at the devilish vixen in front of me. This wasn't sweet, playful, good, artist Sunshine. This is the manipulative, devilish, bad, lawyer Justin... and he's sexy as hell. Both figuratively and literally speaking. I sported a hard on, the only thing I wanted to do then was bend him over Laura's desk and fuck him fast and hard.

"You threatened him?! You know that he can use that against you?" Laura warned him, making me tense at the possibility of my prince being in trouble.

"Don't worry, I didn't threaten him. I just told him the truth, lay down some facts of the reality he never wants to face. This time for once he heard me and did the rational thing: he accepted my terms without a protest. He whined and threw daggers at me, but still sign the papers in front of our lawyers and the judge. The fact that I mentioned how angry his 'best-friend' might be when he finds out he lied to him and how disgusted that he has a criminal record, might have helped. Sorry by the way Bri, I didn't want to use you like that... but he really angered me. He didn't even care what his husband, mother and son might feel and think about him going to jail. Not even the fact that Melanie might take his parental and visitation right over Jenny because of this. He only cared what Brian Fucking Kinney might think!" Justin scoffed, it was a side I've never seen of him... and I love it. This strong and dependent Sunshine is very attractive, what saddened me is the fact he is only showing it because he's fed up of the mistreatment we've been suffering from what is supposedly to be our 'family' "By the way Bri, we really need to get Michael some help. His obsession with you is... scaring me. I don't want to think what he'll do if it gets even worse."

Is this what Lindsay and Melanie are always talking about. A partner to lean on and support you always. To call you out on your bullshit and brighten your day when you're blue. Someone you feel safe and loved by, one that calms you down with just a touch and his presence. I then almost laughed, because it was then that I noticed that neither Lindsay and Melanie, nor Michael and Ben, have that. Justin and I, the ones they are always bad mouthing because we are not monogamous, are the ones who really had a relationship. Even when we weren't together we still cared for each other and covered each other's back, not like Melanie and Lindsay did when they split up. When someone screwed up we let the other owned up to it, but helped as well as not holding it above their heads later, not like Michael seems to do with Ben all the time... we are partners! That discovery seems to make everything alright, I didn't care anymore that I am surely going to lose the only thing I ever known as a family since I have Justin by my side. And with him came Mother Taylor, the cutest little sister in the world- Molly- and the best fag hag ever- Daphne. I also will still have my best-friend -Laura of course-, Cynthia- who took Lindsay's place as my older sister a long time ago- and maybe Teddy- who has been my real brother of the heart, not like the bastard of Michael. Maybe I should tell him that... tell my side of the story for once. Cause this time I won't lose anyone over the stupidity of the gang's children.

"What did you get him to accept?" Laura's questions stopped my train of thoughts, bringing me back to reality. Both of them were wearing a very scary grin, it kind of reminded me of Alice in Wonderland's Cheshire Cat... just scarier and more evil. I was very happy to know that they love me very much and will mostly be always on my side, because I really pity those who get on their bad side.

"Well, for not charging him with fraud I took his dream away. Destroying his happiness and the only thing he ever really loved about work" once more I could only stare at my partner, smile spreading as I got what he meant with those words "Rage is mine, I own it completely. For which I should thank you Brian, you put a clause in our contract that if someone screw the other over they forfeit their shares over Rage to the other. Michael was so stupid that he never read the contract before signing it."

"Sunshine, I didn't put that clause in the contract? But it's a very good idea for later..." I said thoughtfully.

"Then it must have been Mel... maybe there's still hope for her" he murmured. Sometimes I forget that he is suffering as much as I was about the girls' betrayal. I might have lost a friend, but he lost his older sister. The fact that he only mentioned Melanie wasn't lost to me either.

What did Lindsay do for Justin to think she doesn't have redemption? I'll have to ask him later. I thought to myself.

"What about the thievery charges?" Laura insisted excitedly, almost jumping on in delight.

Do I really have something for venomous WASP, who are very good at revenge and love being sadists? I thought when I noticed how much fun they were having over punishing someone over how they wronged them. No wonder why Justin fell in love with law, he can use his manipulative and sadistic side against those that deserve it. He must get his degree and I'll be in every court case I can, for support of course. The fact that this side turns me on as fuck has nothing to do with it... nothing at all!

"I demanded that he gave me all those stupid toys he bought with the 100K that were supposed to be mine, should have been mine. I'm really glad I followed your advice Bri and didn't just accept the 34% of the shares that Michael offered me and fought for the 50%. You should have seen his face! He tried to say that they are a necessity for his store!" He snorted amused.

"What did you say?" I asked, he looked surprised at me "Come on Justin, I know you. You only took his shit for me, something that you won't have to do again... ever again. He is over to me!" I assured him, gaining a shell shocked expression, but then it turned into the biggest sunshine smile I've ever seen "But then you there was no one around, you must have replied. After all, you never take anyone's shit."

"I told him: 'You shouldn't worry about your store, after all you were the one that spent over 200K in toys... ups, sorry, collectible figurines and first edition comics'. The judge and lawyers, even his, looked at him as if he were crazy!" Justin laughed "Sorry, I am not usually this mean. But we had to go through really bad moments during our fight against Stockwell, and money that was rightfully ours and would have helped us a lot was spent on toys, for goodness sake! I was furious and just wanted him to pay... and pay he did" he apologized to Laura, surely not wanting to give her a bad idea of how he was in reality.

"Don't worry, I understand completely" Laura assured him "Who the hell spends 200K in toys?! Specially while his 'best-friend' was unemployed and in financial crisis, because he was fighting for their community. Something is wrong with that guy, no one is that selfish!"

"Something is very wrong with him" I nodded in accordance, that's when both of them seem to remember I was still in the room. They opened their mouths, to surely apologize for not taking into account my feelings, but I cut the off "Relax, everything you said is true. Also, I was serious in what I said: Michael is dead to me. I don't want anyone to mention his name in my presence again, at least not when we are not discussing how we'll bring him down in court."

"But I already did that..." Sunshine started, confused by what's going on. 

"No, you got your revenge and made him pay for what you did. In a way it's kind of worse than sending him to jail, cause he is free, but trapped seeing you have everything he ever wanted legally and even made a bigger success than he did. Cause that's what happened, or am I wrong? I do recall Teddy congratulating Michael- on day while we were having dinner- saying something about, that in the last months Rage made the same amount of profit that it had done in the years before combined. And that the shared are worth even more now, than they ever did before. I was confused by how angry he seemed, Michael looked as if he were about to cry that night" I smiled at my partner, who didn't even look surprised by me being able to figure it out so easily. He knows me, and knows how intelligent I am "You were able to make the same success that took Michael years in less than one year. How did you do it?" 

"Brian!" Scolded me Laura "Justin is an excellent artist, don't doubt his talent or ability to be better than Michael... what isn't that difficult if you ask me" she muttered the last part, making us both laugh.

"Relax Laura, I know what he meant. He knows that I am more than capable to conquer the art world... and the comic one. But he is just curious about how I did it" Justin calmed her down, gifting me with a sunshine smile. I love so much how in tune we are with each other "First of all, Michael's contract with the editorial was a complete mess. Not to count that his management with taxes was even worse. So the first thing I did was terminating the contract, they only needed one last volume and that was everything. So I did it, but it was a Cole Taylor original. That's the name I use to work with everything related to comics, my artistic name in the art world is JCT, and in the future I'll use Justin Taylor when working as a lawyer" he explained that to a very confused Laura, who then nodded, satisfied with the answer "Michael's contract said that the editorial still had the rights over Rage if said comic made over 50K, they would still have the rights to be the only ones that could publish it. However, I found a loophole in which was stated that it only worked if Michael was still the owner of the comic. The bastard never mentioned me in the contract or gave me any credit, I was working without getting any recognition!"

"That little shit! Whatever you are planning I'll help you Brian, but let's keep Justin out of it. Look how stressed he is, he already had more than enough shit dealing with Michael. Let's finish this, just the two of us. Luckily, after he finishes his explanation, he'll forget about your decision of taking Michael to court" Laura whispered, luckily my prince didn't seem to notice. I didn't like the fact about lying to him, that's how the problems always start, but Laura was right... I've never seen him so angry and frustrated, not even after the bashing. And that's a lot to say! So, as I don't like my prince feeling like that, I just gave my friend an affirmative nod.

"It worked to my favor this time, as Rage got a new owner. I made them the last damn comic and then moved to work with a publishing company in Los Angeles. I met the head of the comic and graphic art section chief during my stay there, more specifically during a party of Keller. We became friends and he expressed how much he loves the comic, but thinks that's very repetitive and if the characters lived in a fantasy land. Everything always being too perfect to be true, not something people can relate to. I remembered that when I made the last volume of the first series of the comic Rage, I called it Fantasy Land. I last fuck you to Michael! At the end Rage saves Zephyr from the hands of Lotus, a villain that subdues their victims outing them in coma state where they only have beautiful dreams. A perfect fantasy land at the victims' preference, then he feeds of the endorphins that they release during their sleep."

I blinked, surprised, that was a fantastic idea! Much better that something Michael could have ever come up with. What I never understood is why Michael wanted to repeat the same mistakes that Captain Cosmo did, is that he never understood that it got canceled because it was boring and people got fed up of always reading the same thing. I thought sadly at my ex-friend's stupidity. Michael really needs to leave fantasy land and enter the real world.

"So when fantasy land didn't exist anymore the real world came. While working with Michael's ideas for Rage, I was drawing my own version of the comic. I wrote what really happened in our life Bri, I couldn't stand him twisting the line of the story so much. So after making sure that everything was alright with the contract with the new editorial I handed in all the volumes in the new series of the comic: The Real World, Take I. But I asked the editorial to publish more in Canada and Europe, there are print copies in the United States but not as many as it used to be. In our country we focused more on seeking the comics via the internet, like e-books. The discrimination here is still strong, so buying a gay superhero comic is dangerous. It will end up being a loss of resources and money, but you'll be surprised at how many people buys them by Internet. The fact that no one knows that you have them... it helps a lot to get to the closet cases. I also asked Teddy to be in charge of Rage's account. That's how I ended up gaining the same amount of money that Michael did in years, the fact that Rage was already moderately popular helped as well. I didn't have to go out looking for a market, it was already there... I just expanded it."

"Who the hell taught you to be such a good businessman?!" Demanded to know Laura.

"Blame the asshole of my sperm donor, who since I was a kid wanted to insert his beliefs of what I should be in the future in me. No matter how much I hated our conversations. Also, Bri helped quite a lot. It seems I end up paying more attention after having sex, while being cuddled in bed. You don't know how many times Brian got home, tossed me into bed to have angry sex with me, to then rant like only Rage would about the idiocy of the people he works with" Justin and Laura laughed, I would too but I knew he was hiding something.

"Spit it Sunshine, I know that you are keeping something" I demanded with a glare, but without heat behind it.

"The editorial might be demanding that I turn in the last volume of the second series... but I didn't know how you would react. Now I am thinking of giving it to them, only because you said that you are over Michael. Are you really completely sure of that decision?" He asked me carefully.

"I am. What did you do Justin? Did you kill his character in the comic?" I questioned him.

"Even worse... I made it so Zephyr couldn't handle the real world, as Michael can't, the effect of his time imprisoned by Loutus was so big that he ends up loosing his mind. Zephyr turns into a villain wanting to destroy Rage for taking him away from the perfect world he was in, and bringing him this broken and horrible world. At the end of the volume Rage and JT blame themselves for not noticing beforehand how Zephyr wasn't getting better, for not noticing that he wasn't what they wanted to believe and decide to find him and save him. That's the main purpose of the third series of Rage, which will be: The Real World, Take II" he explained to me slowly "Please don't be angry at me!"

"That's... genius!" Laura exclaimed, throwing her head backwards to laugh wholeheartedly "In... Incredible boy! Michael will be so angry, you turned him into what he hates the most in the thing he loves the most... well, loves the most after Brian. You are an evil genius and you have to work for me!"

"Thanks!" Justin smiles brightly, and I really wonder how someone can love to be called an evil genius... but then again I am surrounded by crazy people.

"Bring the papers Laura, we need to started signing our POA, medical proximity and all that shit. But while we do that I need you to do another thing for us..."