- Text Size +

Justin:


I could not believe it. I knew that every hope of getting the sister I once saw in Lindsey were long gone... but for her to do this. To her best friend! Damn it! Daphne and I should start teaching a course of 'How to be a best friend'. Because if people think that best friends do... the unspeakable thing that Lindsey did, or what Michael did to us... then the world is going to hell, and quickly if I must say.


"I... I need a moment..." Brian told us, rushing the fuck out of the office. I was about to follow him, I've never seen him so pale... or so sad before. He looked as if his whole world is crashing.


He just found out that his two best friends, the ones he thought had always been to him and he had let see him in his lowest, betrayed him. Used that trust he doesn't give so easily against him and in the moments of need left him to rot. Of course, his whole world is crashing! I snapped at myself, in my head.


I looked annoyed at Laura when she stopped while I was about to follow him outside "He need space and time, he'll be back. Don't worry" I was still not sure if I should listen to her, it must have been clear on my face, because she soon said "Trust me on this. Don't you always end up fighting when he is in a similar mood? Just wait until he comes to you. Maybe before you had to go to him, but he learned his lesson and now it's his time to be searching for you" I nodded and followed her advice, especially since she was right "By the way, I have a few more papers for you to sign. Here they are".


I was so distracted by everything that happened that I didn't even read what I signed, I just trusted her and Brian- cause I'm sure that those papers were what he had asked of her a not even an hour ago, and the principal reason why she left the office in the first place. However, when I finally came to my senses, I cursed myself for being so reckless and tried to get a look at what I had signed, only to have the papers taken from me by Laura.


"Laura... what did I just sign?" I asked her slowly, not liking the feeling I was getting. Something is telling me that I was just tricked by the pair of best friends- at least this one I do approve of! I thought to myself.


"Nothing!" she said too quickly for my liking.


It was kind of fun how the fierce and always in poise Laura Lune turned into a stuttering, nervous mess. I think that's because in court she is always defending what's right, she is always on the side of truth. Now she is lying... hiding something and doing what she shouldn't do.


"Give me those papers now!" I demanded, frustrated at Brian and wishing that he didn't do something stupid. Like he always does. She hesitated for a second, before sighing to then pass me what was mine "That fucking bastard!" I cursed "How does he dare do something like this?! Especially when I told him I was not ready!"


"Because the reason why you are not ready is stupid" he replied behind me. I turned around to glare at him, furious at what he had done without my consent, but when I saw his tired and defeated expression I couldn't stay mad at him any longer "Listen Justin, you do not want to join our accounts because you believe I would feel as if you were using me for my money... like everyone else" he spat those words with so much venom that even I flinched at his tone. That's something I haven't seen since the ba... since prom "I could understand that, because I thought you would be a pre-law student without a decent job and that would turn me into some kind of sugar daddy. Not that I ever consider our relationship like that, but I can see how you... and another might see it as such. But now you are telling me that you have back your fund, which is paying for your college education, you have paid me back everything that you owed me- something you didn't really have to do- and you own a comic that has a great mensual income. You can't feel like uncomfortable with us joining our bank accounts, not now. Especially since it's all that's left to be as married as this country will let us... you promised me this Sunshine"


"That's so unfair Bri!" I whined at the dirty tricks he's using "You can't open yourself up, something you do not do, and expect me to say no... Brian, I am not ready for this. Maybe I am doing fine now, but I am not even close at what you've achieved. If we join accounts you'll be the one earning more money..."


"Do you love me for my money?" he cut me off, I was startled by his angry tone "Do you use the word 'love' as a ruse like Michael and Lindsey to trap me and utilize me to your whims?"


"What? NO! Of course not Bri! Why would you think that?" I demanded to know, hurt by the way he was behaving. I thought he was changing... but then again we fall back into bad habits because we are moving too fast.


"Why would you think that?" he replied, freezing me. I looked from my hands on my lap to him and could only stare at him, shocked by the question... one that made much more sense than I wanted to admit "Because that's what you are sounding like. I know what you are thinking: 'Poor Brian, his two best friends stole from him and treated him like a bank. Now he surely is sensitive and doesn't trust anybody. I won't bring up the idea of joining accounts so he won't feel like I am using him for his money'" I couldn't snap out of my trance, he just changed so much that I can't believe it. When did that happen? Why didn't I notice it before? I asked myself, in my head "I admit I would have reacted that way once... but not anymore Justin" he got closer to me, collocating his hands on my cheeks and smiling gently down at me "I love you, Sunshine. And I know you love me for who I am: this broken man. I want to share everything I have with you, the same way you do with me. Not because I have to or need to, but because I want to. At the beginning I'll admit I wanted to do it because I was afraid you would leave me one day. I wanted to have another reason for which you wouldn't be able to leave me so easily, a reason for us to still be connected even if you are not by my side... a way of being able to see that you are always being cared of and that you will never need anything, ever again. I once failed you, I hated not being able to take care of you. Seeing your smile whenever I bought you something new... I just wanted to make sure you have everything you need and want"


"Oh, Bri! You never failed me! I always had everything I need and wanted, because of you. Because you were by my side, you are everything I need to be happy. Those smiles weren't because you gave me something, but because you showed that you cared about me and my happiness. That's what made me happy" I told him, not caring that I cut him off in a unique moment of honesty.


I should have left him to finish speaking, we both needed that, but I couldn't let him continue blaming himself for everything. Especially not, that, when Michael it is to blame for the adversities we had to go through during those times. But it made us stronger, something the bastard surely wasn't counting on. Suck it idiot! I celebrated in my head.


"I know, I know that now. You taught me that, you taught me a lot of stuff. Just like I taught you. Now I want us to share our bank accounts because I want us to share our lives. How much money we have shouldn't matter, it never has. Not between us. So, what do you say? Share your life with me" the asshole didn't even ask, he just demanded.


"You know normal people ask?" I teased him, with a sunshine smile. One that he took as the answer to his not-question.


"Since when are we normal?" he teased me back, leaning down for a long, hot and provocative kiss.


"Guys, I am really happy for you, but you are still in my work office. So, cut it off! The last thing I need is live porno in front of me" at Laura's demand I pushed him away rapidly, blushing at how I let myself go. But then again, it always happens when Brian is around "Just sign next to Justin Brian and get the hell out of here. There is nothing more we can do today, I'll call you to arrange another meeting"


We chuckled and did as she ordered, before heading to buy furniture for our house. As soon as we entered the store a woman in her fifties greeted us with a warm smile "Mr. Kinney! It's good to see you again. And who might be this beautiful young man?"


"Mrs. Gonzales, this is my partner Justin Taylor-Kinney. Sunshine, this is Karina Gonzales. She's always the one I chose to work with when I need help decorating my living arrangements. I will have to ask your help once again" Brian presented us, how I love hearing my new last name from his lips!


"Always a pleasure" she replied, this time her warm smile directed at me "Have you acquired a new loft? Or made it bigger?"


"No, we bought a state outside of the city. On the first floor there is a big kitchen, a spacious living-room, the dinning room has a nice size as well, the visits' restroom, a mudroom and my office and my own private gym. For that last one I still have the machines that I brought with me from the loft, but this time I have space so I wanted it to be well equipped. Also, it is in one of the corners of the house and all the outside walls are made of glass in that room" it never ceases from amazing me how imposing and secure of himself is Brian sometimes. Mrs. Gonzales could only nod her head and write down all the information he was giving her, not even a space for a question "The second floor has five bedrooms, not counting the master one. One of them is for guests and has its own private bathroom, the other four are divided two on each side of the corridor and each pair has a bathroom that connects the rooms. One of those will be for my son, we will be in charge of every decision for that, and the one that is connected to it... will be left untouched for now. It's for the future" as he said that he was looking at me. I could only blink rapidly, trying not to shed the tears that were threatening from leaving my eyes. That wasn't just an order for her, but a promise to me... no, our future "The other two will be left for Justin's decisions, they are for my sister and mother whenever they are visiting us" I whipped my head so fast that I was afraid it would snap.


Mrs. Gonzales was also looking at him strangely "I thought you don't get along with them, did that change?" she asked him confused, count me in. I also have no idea what he is talking about, unless... no, impossible!


"They are the in laws, Mrs. Gonzales" he replied to her, but then whispered for only me to hear when she turned away and directed us to her desk "My true family, one that will always have the door open to our home" this time I did shed a few tears. The symbol of the open door without locks stopped, at that right moment, being one of fear about being kicked out and about how disposable I am. Now it turned to be one of love and security, knowing that no matter the fight my family and I will always find an open door to the solace Brian means for us "Our bedroom has a walk in dressing room..." I tried to contain my giggle at his dreamy expression, the dream come true of a fashion queen like Brian Kinney, but failed. Which earned me a glare from him, but I could see no heat behind it so I didn't mind it that much "... and a bathroom. However, this one is big and has its own private Jacuzzi. There's also the problem of the attic, I want you to contact a remodelling company you trust completely and are efficient. I want the attic divided into three different rooms: one that will be used for storage, a game room for the children and our own private movie theatre. For which Justin insists there should be a popcorn machine" he pouted, it was well hidden and only I that I know him so well was able to notice it.


"Something else Mr. Kinney?" she asked, by the small smile on her face I guessed I should have given her perception abilities more credit.


"Yes" he replied straight forward "See if the remodelling company you'll be contacting for the attic can build a swimming-pool. We also have a lot of ground behind the house, I want to use some of it to build that. What do you say about leaving the tennis court?" he turned to ask me "We can always learn a new sport" I just smiled and nodded "Good" he returned the smile before returning his attention to Mrs. Gonzales "The rest of the grounds will be well maintained, for which, if you know about any good gardening contacts that you could pass me, it will be appreciated. But I want the stables we have to leave, I want it turned into an art studio for my partner. It should be very well illuminated and if the roof could be made of sky, much better. See if the remodelling company can do that"


"I think that's all" I finally said after a while. When he stopped talking we just waited for it to come, for him to continue talking and not even letting us open our mouths. But it never came, so I think we are safe to speak now... at least for now.


"Well, then, gentlemen follow me. From the tone in your voice Mr. Kinney, I believe you want this as fast as possible" Mrs. Gonzales told us, guiding us even deeper in this huge store "It seems like we are having a long day ahead of us"


If you only knew half of it, I thought to myself. But smiled at Brian, interlacing our fingers- happy that now he doesn't pull away- and followed her.


-Seven hours later-


"God dammit! Look at the time, it's five in the afternoon!" I exclaimed once we exited the store "We didn't even stop for lunch" I complained, my stomach protesting with me... very loudly if I may add "But at least we almost finished everything. Where is the Vett by the way?"


"The Vett? I thought you would like to drive your own car, to our home" he commented.


It took me a while, but as soon as I realized what he had said I froze and looked at him, shocked "What did you just say?" that's when a Metallic Blue Lexus SUV paraded in front of us "Goodness Brian! She is beautiful!!!" I exclaimed, joy overtaking me "Wh... why?!"



"I do owe you a lot of birthday presents" he replied, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. My smile only grew bigger and brighter when Emmett, Ted, Debby and Blake descended from the SUV "Luckily for us, for once Debby did as I asked her and prepared a nice picnic/dinner for us. Then we'll finally have the picnic you so much wanted when we get back home" this time I could stop myself and cried.


I cried for being kicked from the house by my dad, by Brian, I cried because of what happened during the prom, I cried for all those beautiful and horrible moments I passed with Brian. I cried in joy at how imaginably happy I was feeling. I cried because even if the family is divided at the moment because of our fight, this time they are on our side. Surprisingly, even Debby!


"You told them" I stated, not accusatory or anything "Was it when you left Laura's office?"


"Yes, I left for a cigarette, but then decided that it was time for them to listen to my side of the story for once. Then when I dialled Emmett I ordered him to get Ted and go buy this precious gem for you, after all every prince needs its own carriage" he whispered in my ear, making me shiver, and kissed my cheek sweetly.


"Sunshine!" Debby pulled me out of Brian's embrace and into hers "Brian told us everything they did to both of you, what a fucking disgrace! I can't believe it! How were we so blinded by them?!" I looked at her shocked, once she released me, not knowing if I was looking at the right Debbie. She talks like that about her 'precious' Mickey... yeah, that's a joke "I know what you're thinking Sunshine: 'How is it possible that Debbie is finally seeing the truth about her son?!'" her sad smile made me want to go searching for Michael and kick his ass for hurting her, but I stopped myself cause I don't want to end up in prison "If it were a couple of years back... I would have sided with him and no matter what I wouldn't have listened to what anyone had to say to me. Even if the truth was fucking hitting me on the face" she admitted, ashamed of what she would have done "But now things are different, I learned that I do have a life outside of Michael. It took me a bit to wrap my head around what the asshole told me... but with the help of Carl I was finally ready to let go. Michael is now an adult and he has to pay for his mistakes, I am on your side this time. Because even if blood connects me to Michael, you both are the sons of my heart and that will never change" by the end of her speech I was in tears again, and by the drops I felt on my neck so was Brian "Now, let's stop crying like babies. We just came to tell you that you have our full support, as well as Carl's. He couldn't make it because he has the night shift today, but he sends his regards. Ah! I almost forgot, the family's dinner of this week is at Jennifer's. Because even if I fucking tell Michael to stay the fuck away, he will end up barging into my house. And then when we wouldn't find us he would go through each of our places until he located us. Luckily he hates you so much that he never cared to know, where does your mom live"


And I never thought I would love to have someone hating me before, what can I say? Michael really just amazes us sometimes.