- Text Size +

Justin:


The next day we had another meeting with Mrs. Gonzales, then we visited the sperm donor biggest competition and gave them a lot of money: three flat screen TV and DVD's player- one for the master bedroom, the other one for the living room and, lastly, one for the game room-, a good sound equipment that allows you to listen music all over the house even if the CD player was in the living room,  one Mac computer for Brian's office and two HP laptops- one for each.


We also found out that they could make us a personalized screen, for our private movie theater. However, when I saw the price I almost got a heart attack. I was about to tell Brian to forget about it, that we didn't need it- even if I was delighted with the idea. But the warning glare I got from him made me close my mouth before I could even make a sound. We ended up buying it, the reason I got from him was that his prince deserves only the best. His answer warmed me with a joy I could not describe, but my sunshine smile and glittering eyes did the job for me.


Our next stop that day was to acquire the equipment for the gym. I loved that stop, not because I finally found the beauty of sport. But because I was able to see how much Brian was enjoying himself, like a kid in a sweet shop. Also, because by then I noticed how much I was able to contribute. Not as much as Bri, of course, but I helped quite a bit. 


A couple of weeks later, after all the remodeling company's men coming and leaving our home. They worked twice as hard and twice faster, which I wasn't surprised by after all the money we were paying for. People from the electronics company passing by to settle the stuff we bought. When all of them were over and we had a cleaning service come and make the state look as good as new, we finally had the furniture brought. I am not ashamed to admit that when we saw our home finally finished, I cried, cried in happiness for having a home again. No matter how much I love the loft, I had never felt in home since the bastard kicked me out of my childhood house... until now.


We still had a lot of things to do. The grounds behind the house still need a gardener to work on it, but we still haven't found the right one. Brian has always been kind of picky, especially with whatever its his. Also, I knew that this place would be the first he has ever considered a home. The loft was a sanctuary for him, a place he lived while waiting for his so desired home. Another thing that made me burst with happiness.


My studio was done, but bare, we'll leave that for last. Firstly, we need to childproof the whole place and fill the game room with toys for Gussy. That's what Brian is doing at the moment, while I am about to try an recruit some politician help for the court case we are going to have. Right now I was entering Lune, the most famous and high class French restaurant in the city, wearing my new Armani suit- courtesy of Brian.


"How may I help you, sir?" the host asked me politely.


"I'm here to meet..." I began answering, with a polite smile of my own.


However, before I could say anymore, I got interrupted by a cheerful voice behind him: "Justin! You made it!" Jessica Stuart exclaimed, coming towards me and enveloping me in a tight hug "I thought you weren't going to make it. Come, everyone is waiting for you" then she proceeded to guide me towards the section of the restaurant that holds a private room with a big table, used mostly for business meetings or private events- such like this one "Guys, Justin is here!" she stated, almost bursting with joy.


I looked at her trying not to show my confusion at her behavior, she is always so compose that this almost childhood way of acting really shocked me. But watching her almost skip towards her husband at the head of the table, and them kissing so blissfully, brought a sunshine smile to my lips and I really didn't care about the why.


"It's good to see you again Taylor, you disappeared these last weeks" Jordan Johnson, or JJ like I prefer to call him, greeted me "Where have you been hiding?" he joked, wrapping an arm around me in a small hug.


"Got back with my ex, we were celebrating" I replied, gaining the whole table's attention and a wave of congrats, after a small moment of shocked silence.


I was glad to notice that I knew everyone invited to this gathering. The majority close friends with Jessica, which meant that they were close to me, or at least trusted my advices or confided in me a lot. It kind of reminded me of friends getting together to celebrate something over lunch, but to celebrate what?


"So who is the lucky guy? We need to know who to threaten with ruining his life if he breaks your heart" Jackson Stuart, Jessica's husband, questioned me.


Ever since I met them, and kind of saved their marriage over my advices, they took the place of older siblings that once was for Mel and Lindsey. I never said anything for fear of being rejected by them, after all I am just a novice artist while they are the most powerful couple of the city. Why would they consider me family? But in moments like this, when they show me how protective they are of me, hope grows in me that maybe... just maybe I am something more than a free couple counselor.


"Brian Kinney, he owns his own advertising company" I said, but before I could finish my answer JJ interrupted me.


"Kinnetik?! I have a meeting with them at the end of the week" he exclaimed.


"You are that big shot Bri has been pestering about?! You know that he left the WHOLE project on my lap because he didn't trust anyone else in the art department not to scr... mess things up?!" I exclaimed "I worked my ass off for that presentation. You better sign a deal!" I threatened him, with a warning glare.


"You work for your boyfriend?" Jessica asked me, suddenly sobering from her high of happiness "Justin... are you being pressured into..."


"I'll stop you right there Jess. Bri and I have known each other since I've been seventeen and when he was my boss we weren't together" I fixed things before they got out if hand.


"So you don't work for him anymore? Then how are you in charge of the presentation for me?" JJ questioned me confused, like everyone else.


"Because I own half of the company now" I helped them out "We kind of got as married as the law allows us" Soon afterwards I had a whole new wave of congrats and demands of meeting my husband. I calmed them down with inviting them to a home warming dinner when our house was finally ready to receive visits. The rest of the lunch continued without a hitch. Until Jessica called out for our attention, after we had ordered the dessert.


"You surely must have wondered why is it that we invited you all for lunch today" she began, regaining the poise that characterize her "After many years of trying and postponing... we finally decided to have a child together" my jaw dropped, as everyone else's, at the revelation "We went to the doctor and they said that it was impossible for us to have children together... something about my uterus not being a good place for a baby to grow and Jacks' sperm not having enough potency to impregnate me" I shed a single sad lonely tear for them, hating that amazing couples are the ones that always suffer "So we decided to adopt. We found the perfect pair of sons someone could ask, five years old twins: Ethan and Aiden. They have Jacks' blond hair and blue eyes, so at least they will resemble one of us physically" I was so happy with them that I almost burst into tears, and I did with her following words: "We also wanted to know if you, Justin Cole Taylor would like to be the godfather of our sons. Jacks' older sister, Malia, will be their godmother. And I, as I am a sole child, would like to offer the option to the most similar thing I have to a little brother"


In tears I could only nod my head overjoyed. Hugs and pleasantries were exchanged, before returning to our seats for dessert. Questions about how they found him or when they were coming home were asked. I didn't even notice when I drifted towards the problems we are having with Gus or that I began to show my sadness in my face, until Sabrina Stuart called me out on it: "Sweetheart, are you ok?"


As if they were in synch all of their heads turned towards me at once, most of them curious and some worried about me. "You see... Brian has a son. His name is Gus and he is four years old" I began, smiling my sunshine smile when I thought about the little boy "He calls me papa..." I said in a whisper.


"That's good... isn't it?" Jess asked me slowly, not knowing what was going on.


"Well..." I began explaining to them the situation we were in, at the end of it, I had a table full of the most powerful people of the city angry... in our behalf.


"Don't worry Jus, we'll take care of everything" Jackson promised me with a sombre expression.


-Two days later- 


We had just finished putting the last touches to the game room and the WHOLE house is finally childproof. Bri and I decided for one of the many sketches I draw for a mural in Gus' room, which I was going to start on next week. For now I was resting in bed while surfing through the Internet, for ideas for my studio, when Brian entered the room with a stunned expression and his phone in hand.


"Justin care to tell me why Jordan Johnson just signed a contract with me without even seeing what campaign I had planned for him? Or, why Kinnetik is receiving calls from Pittsburgh's top companies and politicians, interested in us advertising them?" he demanded to know pissed off.