- Text Size +

Justin:


"Well?!" he snapped when I didn't answer for a while.


"I swear I didn't know they would do that!" I exclaimed, snapping out of my shock.


"Who? And what?!" he demanded to know.


"Look, you know that the other day I had lunch with a lot of the most powerful people in Pittsburgh" I started slowly, trying to wrap my head around what just happened and trying to make sure Brian doesn't go ballistic "I kind of underestimate my value to them... Jessica asked me to be her sons godfather" if I weren't feeling so overwhelmed right now I would have laughed at how comically my partner looked when his jaw dropped "Incredible, isn't it?! She and her husband said that I am like a little brother for them... All of them were furious when I told them about what Lindsay and Melanie are pulling. He said they would take care of it. I thought he meant to use the contacts they had and Jackson helping out with some of his lawyers, after all he has the second best firm in Pittsburgh and one of the best in the east cost. But for them to change from Vanguard to Kinnetik in matters of days... I can assure you I didn't imagine this!"


"Are you sure you didn't mention anything about Kinnetik to them?" he questioned me, making me angry. Even though I knew he didn't ask because he doesn't trust me, but because I tend to forget stuff that usually... well, almost always is important.


"Brian! I know what I say and what I not! I did not..." I stopped in mid rant, ignoring the way Bri raised a single eyebrow as to say: 'What were you saying?' "Now that you mention it... I kind of gave of a piece of information that might have caused this sudden change" he nodded, silently demanding me to continue "When I mention that we got back together, Jordan interrupted me saying that he knew you because of Kinnetik and I just connected the dots. I knew that Jordan was the big shot you were so obsessed with getting and... I might have overreacted. My reaction was so dramatic that I might have won an Oscar over it. Then they began questioning my relationship with you, because you were my boss... that I might have been pressured by you. So I defended you, saying that I own half of the company. That might have been the reason why you got all those phone calls"


"But still, that doesn't explain why Jordan Johnson didn't even wait for my pitch to sign the deal with us" Brian replied, slowly climbing on the bed.


I almost sighed, relived to know that I didn't completely screw things over with him, which immediately made me feel guilty. After all, Bri had changed and now I had proof that he wouldn't turn around and leave me as soon as things got rocky. But after five years of being rejected over and over again... it takes time to see things differently. 


"You know that I told you that instead dancing on a pole, I was selling sketches and some paintings now and then. Well, one of them was a portrait of Jessica and Jackson, the rest, but three, were bought from habitants from Liberty Avenue" I started answering him "Those three were my biggest commission ever, as an artist of course. Jordan bought them, one for his guest room in his home, one for his office and the last one in the dining-room in his house in Miami. Ever since then, and afterwards, when Jessica presented us in the party- to celebrate the closing of the project to make the streets of Pittsburgh more pretty- we stuck a fast friendship. I gave him some tips with dealing with some  business problems he was having with Liberty and since then he trusts my judgement, after all it never failed him. I think that's why he signed the deal after I told him I worked on it completely on my own"


"I see..." I didn't like the tone he was using at all, it worried me to be honest "Should I be worried about this 'friendship' you have with Johnson?" my eyes widened at the obvious jealousy in his tone. I chuckled softly, at how cute he looked pouting, and kissed the pout away.


"Relax Bri, Jordan is completely straight. He was no gay or bi bone in his body, but totally accepts us" I assured him, pulling him down for a long kiss this time "Now, we have to talk about business" I stated, rolling us over so I would be above him. By the confuse expression on his face I knew I had to clarify things "I mean about Kinnetik. If I want to continue studying law and have an internship with Laura I won't have time for continuing working with Kinnetik as I used to. Also, when we win Gus' guardianship out time will be divided in him, work and us. Let's not ass the fact that I have to continue working on Rage. I will help out with all the campaigns for the phone calls you received today, that's for sure. And for any other big shot you need me for. After that I'll tend to leave things for you to manage, which will be different when I graduate from law school. Then I'll work at Kinnetik almost all the time, discounting the time I use for my art, not only in the art department, but also handling any kind of legal issues we'll have" soon I find myself being flipped over and my mouth ravished by my fiancé "Brian..." I sighed when he stopped kissing me "What was that for?"


"For being perfect" he replied smoothly, making me blush like a virgin- something that I'm really not "As long as you promise being in charge of the campaigns for those blood thirsty politicians you brought to my door" I laughed at that "Then, then everything will be ok... after all, we are together in this"


I smiled softly at his last words "As long as we stand together Bri, nothing can stop us or tore us apart" I promised him.


Brian:


I was obsessed... well, I've been since I saw an angel standing down that streetlight in front of Babylon. But this is another kind of obsession, I love Rage! I never really liked comics or heroes, I just acted like I was interested in them for Mi... the unmentionable when I believed we were friends. Now that I know how things truly were, I didn't have to act. I hated how unrealistic they are and how you never feel identified with them, which is why I always preferred books over them. But Rage... Justin is truly a genius! He uses real cases, things that truly happened and were broadcasted in T.V as a muse from where to draw the next volume. Not to mention the art, I'll never get tired of seeing his creations.


Right now I am finishing the last comic from the second volume, I had it for weeks now- even if it was only available to the public today, the advantages of being engaged to the creator- but wanted to first read the ones before. Otherwise, I wouldn't understand a thing, even though Justin spoiled a few things. I want to finish it fast so I can catch Justin working on the third volume of Rage, when his phone starts ringing. I read the last strip before answering without seeing the caller ID, just to be yelled at: "How dare you do this stupid stalker twink?!" 


Damn it! It's the unmentionable!