- Text Size +

TED

 

How did I get left here and Emmett “Queen of All Gossip” get to go home? Drew took Emmett with him and didn’t seem too happy that this guy Blake was being sent here. From what I was told, it had to do with Blake doing his job and Justin not wanting to hear it. Maybe Brian needs to reassess his view of Justin because to me it sounded like he was being a spoiled diva. Only Brian isn’t listening to anything when it comes to Justin right now. I asked Drew how this wouldn’t be seen as suspicious, one bodyguard who watched over Justin to another. Drew told me that Blake was only ever around Ryan, he never worked on Justin’s detail. Then Drew tells me to make it look like Blake is my boyfriend. Like he thinks some muscle head he sends to me isn’t going to take one look at me and roll his eyes.

 

I held up the sign when a guy who looks like Drew came off the plane, but he kept walking. I noticed another guy, but I wasn’t here to stare at men, just get the guy to his hotel room. He came towards me, and for a second I let the fantasy run through my head. Then I watched as the other people came off the plane.

 

“Hi.” My fantasy says.

 

“Hi, sorry I’m waiting for someone,” I tell him, looking as no one else came off.

 

“I think you were waiting for me if you’re Ted.” He tells me.

 

“Um, yeah I am. Sorry I expected... well, someone who looked more like Drew.” I tell him.

 

“Everyone does, I’m the guy they use when they don’t want to scare kids with the wall of muscle.” He jokes.

 

“Well then… I guess I'm your cover.” I tell him, embarrassed.

 

“At least your not the troll I expected. Shit, I didn’t mean to say you were a troll… Can we start over? I'm just angry at Justin right now.” He tells me.

 

“Why?” I ask, taking him with me to get his baggage.

 

“He's listening with his dick, not his head. Brian isn’t who Justin wants to believe he is.” He tells me.

 

“Why do you think you have the right to judge Brian?” I ask, a bit peeved.

 

“I know his reputation.” He tells me.

 

“I know the man behind the reputation.” I  counter.

 

“It’s not that I don’t think Justin can deal with Brian, it’s that Brian is involving Ryan in this.” He tells me.

 

“Brian would never do anything to hurt a kid. Brian is doing all sorts of things he would never do, but hurting a child has never been something he would do. If I was to guess, I would say Brian is really interested in more than a one night stand with Justin, because he’s never run after anyone. I sort of thought Justin was just being a diva.” I tell him.

 

“I crossed the line of my job. I was there to protect Ryan, not get involved in Justin’s life. It’s just, well, we’ve never disagreed before, so it took me by surprise. I’m concerned with the fact that Brian invited more people around them.” He tells me, getting in the car.

 

“Who else has Justin met?” I ask.

 

“Michael, by accident, and Deb because Brian invited her.” He tells me.

 

“Fuck, Michael is going to out Justin, which means all the shit Brian did isn’t worth the time it took,” I tell him.

 

“Michael didn’t recognize Justin, most people don’t when he goes back to his original hair color.” He tells me.

 

“It’s a drastic change, but sooner or later Michael will figure it out. You really don’t have to worry about Deb, she won’t do anything to hurt Brian or anyone he cares about.” I tell him.

 

“I just didn’t like the way Brian seemed to think he was in charge.” He tells me.

 

“If Brian stays in Justin’s life, trust me, you're only seeing a small part of Brian’s controlling nature. Brian will do whatever it takes to protect what he loves.” I tell him, getting to the hotel.

 

“You really think Brian could love anyone?” He asks me.

 

“Probably more than anyone could. But whether it’s Justin, I couldn’t tell you for sure. It’s just that nothing he’s done since we were asked to meet Justin, is the Brian Kinney the reputation tells you he is.” I tell him.

 

BRIAN

 

I left Justin upstairs and went to get Teddy for Ryan. Gus followed me, thinking it was cool that we tore a hole in the storage room. He was telling me that Ryan was neat, like having a little brother would be. I don’t think he could have hinted any harder that he liked Justin and Ryan.

 

“Do you like Jus? You never seemed to care when I talked about him.” Gus asks.

 

“It wasn’t that I didn’t care, it was more that I work with a lot of people like him,” I tell him.

 

“Is he like the people you complain about?” Gus asks, grabbing Teddy.

 

“No, he’s different. He didn’t let fame cause him to think he was better than other people. In fact, your hero remembered you when I told him that you wrote him.” I tell him.

 

“He did?” He asks, smiling.

 

“I think it’s the reason he didn’t have me arrested for stalking him.” I joke.

 

“But do you like him?” Gus asks me.

 

“He’s easy to like, maybe he might be more, but for now I just want to help him,” I tell Gus.

 

“Mom thinks you might love him,” Gus tells me.

 

“We really haven’t known each other long,” I tell him, not wanting Gus to be disappointed if nothing comes of what I want.

 

“Dad, no one can resist the Kinney charm. Mama says it’s why I’ll have to beat them off with a stick one day.” He smirks, running for the storage closet.

 

I can’t help it, Mel’s right, one day Gus is going to break hearts. Not that I’ll ever tell Mel I agree with her. My phone went off and wouldn’t you know Mel’s ears must be burning.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” I ask as Justin comes in, looking around.

 

“I’m going to murder your best friend.” She sings at me.

 

“Is he looking for the new love of his life, and really, where the hell did you get 'Jules' from?” I ask, watching Justin look in my bedroom.

 

“It came out because I almost said his real name, sue me for not thinking on my feet. I need someone to tell Michael coming over here twenty times isn’t going to make Jules appear.” She tells me.

 

“Where are the brass balls you own? You’ve never had a problem telling me to get my ass out of your house.” I joke.

 

“Right now I would let you move into my bedroom if it would get Mikey to go away.” She tells me.

 

“I think Justin will never see me hard now, thanks. Is Michael still there?” I ask when Justin laughs at the evidence that I’m a liar.

 

“Lindsay kicked him out a minute ago when he suggested it would be easier if he chauffeured Gus back and forth between you and us. I almost asked why.” She tells me.

 

“He doesn’t want me meeting 'Jules',” I tell her.

 

“How does Michael fall in love at the drop of a hat? Justin didn’t encourage him.” She tells me as if I would be worried.

 

“Emmett will be here tonight and I’ll have him keep Michael at bay.” I tell her, hanging up.

 

Justin was looking around confused. “What?” I ask him.

 

“It’s a fuck pad. Everything designed to showcase the bedroom.” He tells me, shrugging.

 

“It’s what I wanted it to be.” I tell him.

 

“It reminds me of one of my houses. Everything that shows the image, not me.” He tells me.

 

“I won’t apologize for how I lived my life before meeting you.” I tell him.

 

“I wasn’t asking you to, just telling you what I see. When you see my house in Colorado you’ll see the real me.” He tells me, going back upstairs.

 

I let it sink in that he didn’t judge my life but talked about me being allowed in his. I followed him up to his loft and found Gus watching TV with Ryan. Gus mentioned wanting to see the new action hero movie coming out.

 

“I could see if I could get a copy, if you want to see it.” Justin tells him.

 

“It’s not out yet.” Gus tells him.

 

“I know the director and I wrote the title song for it. Brett wouldn’t mind, but you can’t tell anyone you have a copy.” Justin tells him.

 

“You know Brett Keller?” Gus asks.

 

“We met when they called me to see if I would work on a song for the movie.” Justin tells him.

 

Really, does he not realize Gus didn’t need more reasons to love him? I got Gus to bed while Justin called Brett Keller to ask for a copy of a movie that was going to become a blockbuster this year. Justin left the room to continue the conversation and hung up when I came out.

 

“You didn’t have to do that.” I tell him.

 

“He wanted to see it. I needed to tell Brett not to go through Rita for anything concerning me anyway. This is going to be a pain in the ass if I don’t get a new agent soon.” He tells me.

 

“I don’t want business interfering with us.” I tell him.

 

“It was just a thought, you’ve been doing PR work for years and have a good reputation.” He tells me.

 

“I can get my team to help you, but I don’t want it being a road block.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t feel like it would be. Would you do what Rita’s trying to do if we ended up not getting in a relationship?” He asks me.

 

“No. My clients best interest and my personal life are separate issues for me. If you fired me or we don’t go any further towards a relationship, I don’t see the point in retaliation, the way she does.” I tell him.

 

Justin leaned up, kissing my lips. “Everything about you is different from the rest.” He tells me, taking my hand and leading me to his room.

 

“Justin?” I question.

 

“Will it bother you just to sleep with me tonight? I’m not ready for more yet.” He tells me.

 

“If it’s what you need from me.” I tell him, following him.

 

“I want more, but I just need to sleep.” He tells me.