- Text Size +

Brian:


Ever since the dinner at the loft, things have changed quite a bit. Lindsey and Mel visit more often, they adore Justin so much that I kind of am afraid of them stealing him from me. The four of us finally agreed on having the baby, but Sunshine asked until he graduates from college before signing the papers that put him as the legal guardian of Gus. It was a wise decision and it only made the girls happier with the choice they made, Mel herself even threatened me with castration if I do anything to break his heart.


Lindsey showed how much she matured by giving both, Justin and Mel, the opportunity to choose the godparents of the future baby. A way of making them feel secure in their position of parents towards the child that won't be related to them by blood (She later confessed to me, in private, that she didn't want her wife to feel insecure or for another jealous fit towards me to appear). No surprise on who were the ones chosen: Ted as godfather and Daphne as godmother.


As in the prophecy Linds' pregnancy grew with no inconvenience, though this time around I was there to witness it.


Moving on, Hunter has never been better. He gained a friend his age, Molly, to whom I think he's got a little crush on. He finally saw that mothers are not monsters that there are good ones out there; I really owe Jennifer, Lindsey and Mel a lot for that. When Hunter first called Mel mom, I swear I saw tears in her eyes. Later that day, the munchers sat both of us down and we all talked about my son's little slip. They told Justin and I that they would love to be Hunter's mother figures, they might not have any legal rights over him and they might not have him staying over four days a week. But Hunter still was their baby's big brother, so they wanted him to know that he was welcomed in their house whenever he wanted.


I had always loved Lindsey like a little sister and I might have finally stopped seeing Mel as a raving bitch, but when they told us that... all animosity I had towards them just vanished. For the first time, I let myself cry in front of them. It was an emotional night for all of us.


On the other hand, that same night was eventful for Ted as well. Emmett and I had taken Teddy to meet our 'new' friend Blake, where he was getting help for his drug abuse problems. They both hit it off pretty fast, just like we had planned. The next thing we know, Ted and Blake are constantly texting and seeing each other. My accountant even asked permission from the center Blake was in, to take him out for the opera. How they didn't fall asleep during it? I'll never know. The night Mel and Lindsey accepted Hunter completely into their lives, is the same night that Blake finally got out and Teddy offered him to move in with him.


Emmett and I, we both thought, that they were moving too fast. However, Ted had a few points to his favor. Blake did not have a place to stay and even though he made the decision to change his life, he'll need constant monitoring. Blake has always been a better person when Teddy is around. When we heard that Ted even supported Blake on his choice of studying to be a drug abuse counselor and even pay for it, we knew that they were both into the right path. So, we didn't voiced our worries.


I didn't even have the right to protest when my sixteen year old boyfriend moved in with me and my son over a month of dating.


Talking about Emmett, he and Vic have been doing great. Business has never been better, with his costumers more than satisfied with the result, me still recommending them to my contacts, Mel does the same with her clients and Sunshine, Linds and Mother Taylor spread the word about them in the WASP swarm, they are completely booked for the rest of the year and even various months of the next one. 


On a more personal matter, they both are very happy in their relationships- Vic and Rodney even moved together. Though, I believe that's more because of the fact that they are both old and with Vic's medical condition they want to make the best out of each day. Of course, mother Debbie couldn't let that happen. She had to start a fight at plain day, in the middle of the dinner. When she began screaming about he owed her for wiping his ass when he was sick, Vic finally had enough and cut all ties to her.


She tried to come to the gang for sympathy, but found none, Emmett and I were fast and told the rest the real facts, not the cocktail invention of her fantasy. Then she tried to force it out of us by telling us that we owed her for all the 'love' and 'care' she had given us in the past when no one had wanted us. That's when they all started to see her real colors.


When Lindsey and Mel... well, when Mel came to the loft and told me that if I wanted to be part of the baby's life I had to better not let Debbie get involved at all, I was so happy that I didn't even try to cause havoc by telling her that she had no right to tell me what to do and less by using our baby to do it. I simply nodded my head and pumped my fist in the air when she finally left, so content that things were going as I had planned them.


Emmett and George, I believe, are planning to go to Paris for Christmas and New Year. They are so happy that I'm starting to complain less and less every day about the fact that Emmett should just go and find his jock. There's still time for that, also, George won't live much longer than a couple of years- might as well make them the happiest of his life.


My life? Well, it's pure bliss. I finally realized that even though I was given a chance to change the prophecy, knowing what was supposed to happen doesn't mean everything will end up perfectly. The changes Emmett and I have done, made the whole timeline change and become unpredictable. I learned to live with the problems that popped now and then after a long time of peace. But, at least, there are things that never change: Justin is by my side and I'm still the best at work.


Martin called me to his office today... to tell me that I got the promotion. I was going to New York as the head of the branch he was opening! I even get some stocks and shares over the company. Being the shark I am, I made him increase the percentage to 10%. Now I only have to invite Justin, the munchers, Mother Taylor, Cynthia, Ted and Blake to tell them about the move to New York.


I was going to offer Ted and Cynthia high positions in the branch in New York. Blake surely will accept going with Teddy, he has nothing to keep him here and he can continue his studies at the Big Apple. Justin will follow Hunter and me anywhere, I even convinced him to apply to Pratt for college in case- now he at least will know why I asked him to. The munchers are a whole new matter, it will be difficult to convince them... but I'll figure something out.


For now I have another problem: my mother, St. Joan, was waiting for me in my office.


God, if you really are up there, can you tell me why the fucking hell people just don't get that I am over with them and want nothing to do with them?! I thought exasperate, looking at the ceiling for a second before entering my office- not before telling Cynthia to have security come in ten minutes to take the trash out and ban her forever. 


"What are you doing here Joan?" I demanded to know, tiredly, as I sat on my chair.


"That's not a way to talk to your mother" she scolded me, which only caused me to chuckle "Anyways, I came here to demand to know why I hadn't received money from you. Your sister did her part to maintain her old mother. You should follow her example. I am your mother after all, you owe me"


"Mother? You think you deserve to be called a mother?! You are a drunkard, excuse of a woman who hides behind a bible to justify everything that went wrong in her life. What mother would ever stand by and let her children be beaten up? What mother would afterwards tell them that it was God's will that a bastard like Jack got a bitch like you pregnant? You are not a mother. You are just an alcoholic whore who ruined Claire's and my life! You think that I am going to Hell for being gay, yes mother, I am GAY with capital G! But where do you think you'll end up? A woman who drank her weight in liquor each day and let her husband use their children as a boxing bag? You won't even make it to purgatory! And you even have the decency to demand money from me? The son you were always ashamed off and repeatedly reminded me of what a disappointment I am. Go back to the hole you crawled from Joan! You won't see a penny from me ever again!" I finally took off everything I had in my chest, I was finally ready to close this chapter of my life. I looked at the door, when I heard it being opened, and smiled "Right on time, gentlemen. Please take this bitch the fuck out of the building and never let her in again. You don't even have to be fucking gentle with her" I told them.


Joan seems to still be in shock at my outburst: jaw dropped, eyes as wide as plates and skin pale a if she had seen a ghost. She simply was dragged away, no resistance. I have never been gladder of the fact that I changed my number, she will have no way of contacting me. I had already made sure that the building I live in will never let her in.


"Ah" I sighed "Sunshine, I hope dinner tonight is delicious. Screw the calories!" I muttered under my breath, before going back to work.


Justin:


I was confused as fuck when Brian got home and suddenly decided that we should go out for dinner when he saw the healthy food I had cooked. What puzzled me even more was when he ordered the most fatty plate on the menu. It was as if I had just entered Twilight Zone. Luckily, Hunter was at the girls' house that night or he would be scared shitless that his daddy has lost his mind.


"What the fucking hell has gotten into you?!" I finally hissed, not standing it anymore, as we left the restaurant and were heading towards his jeep.


"I got a visit from my fucking mother today at the office" he replied "That's what has fucking gotten to me!"


My confusion was replaced by worry, though I didn't show it- I learned the bad way that he takes concern as pity, and if Brian loathes something is pity.


On the other hand, I am quite worried for him. That bitch he has for a biological mother made a number on Bri.


"Come here" I finally said, pulling him towards me and kissing him.


In no time, I was being ravished against my lover's jeep. I didn't care, I was able to show my worry and try to comfort him without him thinking I was pitying him. However, our moment had to be broken by someone exclaiming my name. When we turned towards the origin of the sound, I felt Brian tensing. There he was, my old bully and new friend, Chris Hobbs with his dog Otis.


How do I explain this now?! I moaned in my head, not liking the conversation that surely will follow.