- Text Size +

 

 

 

Jennifer:

I never thought that being a divorce would ever feel... so good.

As much as I hated to admit it, Kinney was right. Craig tried to rob me, he was ruthless and cruel. But Mel was better than his lawyer, she dug every dirty little secret and exposed it. The bastard had the nerve to cheat on me and try to take everything I brought to the marriage that was given to me by my parents!

I got to keep the house and everything that my parents had given us, while he got the car and his damn shop. I have custody over Molly, but she'll have to visit Craig every other weekend. I wish my ex-husband luck, our daughter found out what he had done to her brother and is furious with her father. She'll never forgive him, Molly told me.

Even after his help and knowing that my mother gave trusted him enough to give him the power over Molly's trust fund (Craig's reaction to knowing we didn't have control over neither trust fund was hilarious. It took two guards to make him sit down and not jump on Brian, who seemed very amused by the whole ordeal), Kinney dating my sweet Justin was just... weird

When Justin turned seventeen things got better, he was older if only for a few months. It was irrational, but it made me feel better for approving of their relationship. But then again, both of my children were smitten by a Kinney. My sweet Molly adores Hunter, she might even have a crush- at least, they have the same age.

To sum up, I finally realized that Brian is a good man.

So, when I received a call from the Hobbs, on my way to my classes to become a realtor, worried about my son being taken advantage of a much older man they almost had me bursting in laughter. I assured Mr. and Mrs. Hobbs that they should not worry and decided to skip tonight's class in favor of explaining everything to them.

"Mrs. Taylor, thank God you are here" Mrs. Hobbs exclaimed, after she opened the door and saw me "Come in"

The Hobbs house was big and extravagant, you could easily see how much money they had. At the ample living room, I found Mr. Hobbs sitting on the leather armchair, Chris pacing around with Otis at his tail, my son and Brian on the sofa- though Brian seems to be trying to kill my son's friend with his glare.

Oh, he surely knows about the past bullying. I thought to myself, realizing the origin of the animosity between them.

"Mrs. Taylor. I know that you were heading to your classes to become a relator and we are very thankful that you took the time to come to explain things to us" Mr. Hobbs said, politely- he seems to be the only one keeping a cool head "Now, can you please explain to me what made you consent to this" his glare made me realize I thought too soon.

"Ah" I sighed "It is a long story" I replied.

Then, I proceeded to tell them about my shameful behavior by not standing up for my son, how Justin ran away to Brian's house and got emancipated, about how much help Brian has been to my family during the divorce. By the end of my explanation, Mr. Hobbs and Chris looked as if they wanted to go looking for Craig and bash him. Mrs. Hobbs was in tears, hugging Justin and telling him if he ever needs anything, their house was open for him- that they already consider him like a second son.

"Hmp" coughed Mr. Hobbs "You were of great help" he clearly was uncomfortable and reluctant to accept Brian, but after what I told him he had no other choice.

"So, we can leave already?!" growled my son's boyfriend.

"Brian!" Justin scolded him "Excuse us, Mr. and Mrs. Hobbs, Chris, mom, but we should get going. Hunter must be waiting for us" with that said they were both gone.

"I need a drink... a strong one" commented Mr. Hobbs, his wife and I agreed with him- it was going to be a long night.

Emmett:

From all the things I was expecting, it surely was not Brian barging in my shared apartment in the middle of the night. When he came to pick up Hunter I thought that would have been all I would see of him tonight... it seems like I was wrong.

"Brian, what the fuck are you doing here so late?!" I exclaimed "This queen needs her beauty sleep!"

"Both of you shut up! I want to sleep!" Mysterious Marilyn shouted from her bedroom, I rapidly lowered my voice- the last thing you want is an angry Mysterious Marilyn up your ass.

Though, it seems like Brian doesn't care at all...

"You the fucking hell gave us the prophecy?! I need to know Honneycutt! Chris Fucking Hobbs is the fucking best friend of Sunshine! I know we changed a lot on this timeline, but how the heck did we manage to turn an almost murderer into a protective older brother figure?!" Big Bad Screamed into my face and for once I didn't care that he calls me Honneycutt.

"Marilyn get your ass out here, right now!" I demanded, fear taking control over me.

All this happened with the sole purpose of saving Baby's life!

"Hold your horses, jeez!" she complained "Is this about Chria Hobbs being the good boy of the story this time around?"

"You fucking knew?!" Brian demanded to know.

I haven't seen you this angry since... well, since he found out that it was Michael the one that killed Justin. That, that son of a bitch pushed Sunshine into the flames during the bombing of Babylon, seeing it as the perfect opportunity to get rid of Baby for once and for all.

It still makes my blood boil every time I think about it.

"Listen Kinney! First of it all, do not dare to raise your voice at me! I am not going to stay still while you vent your anger out on me" she snapped, making us both shut our mouths "Second, of course I know. You might have only had the ability to see the future for one night, but I still maintain it. Relax, Chris no longer is someone you should worry about. Try to think about it Brian, during the prophecy there were six people that made the biggest damage in the lives of both, you and Justin. Those were: Joan, Jack, Michael, Debbie, Craig and Chris. But there is something that differentiates Chris from the other five, none of you ever tried to help him"

"What the heck does that mean?!" Brian snapped, still not understanding but I did.

"Think about it Brian!" I cut him off before he started another slaughter "Justin and Jennifer tried relentlessly to make Craig accept Baby even though he is gay. Maybe not understand, but at least accept. It never worked. You tried to forgive your parents for all the abuse, make them see that what they had done was wrong... but it didn't work. We all tried to make Michael accept that you would never love him like you love Sunshine, help him move on with another man repeatedly. But it never stuck in the asshole's small brain. He even ended up... murdering Baby. Afterwards, we tried to give Debbie time to mourn and understand that her son was never the angel she believed. She continued blaming you for everything Michael did wrong. That's why no matter what we changed in this timeline, the fates and actions of those five peoples would remain the same, predictable. Cause we already did everything to help them change. But not with Chris! We had no reason to label him as nothing but the bad guy of the story. That's why in this timeline things are different. Justin had to mature early, faster since this time you were a step ahead and had Hunter with you. If he wanted you, he had to be a good example for your son first. That's why he took the grown up way and tried to help Chris in clearing his confused head and get him out of the closet at his own pace. Chris now has no reason to hate or want to harm Justin. He changed, he is a better person now. That's why he no longer is a danger to Sunshine's life!" I was panting by the end of the explanation, but proud of myself for understanding this messed up conclusion.

I hate seeing the future! I complained in my head. It messes up everything and at the end you just have a huge headache from trying to understand what the heck is going on.

"So, those who we called family and had all the reasons to love us and be a better version of themselves, didn't change even with all of our help... they were a total waste of time. While the boy who had no reason whatsoever to be better, in a few months is an exemplar boy next door... that's simply messed up" Brian thought out loud, breaking down in laughter. Soon Marilyn and I followed him "I need a drink... make that two" he said, once he had calmed himself.

We were fast to agree with him, this is going to be a long night and this queen needs a lot of cosmos if I want to get pass through it.