- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In this chapter we'll all get the answers of what really happened. How Brian, Emmet and Marilyn saw the future.

Emmett:


"I believe that Brian is still not over it" Marilyn commented over the phone.


"How would you react if you found out that your husband is a demigod?" I retorted, chuckling at the memory of Brian's face when we told him how we gained the ability to have that prophecy.


You see, it all began when I started dating this hotshot. He was drop dead handsome, with his lean body, golden locks and sky blue eyes. He had an amazing voice and was such a romantic. Not to mention the sex was mind blowing. He was one of the three men I only really loved in my life, George and Drew the other other- but at the moment I didn't even knew they existed. So, to sum up, our relationship was a big deal.


However, one day, after an amazing night of passion, I woke up with a headache that could kill me and years of memories that hadn't even happened yet. My boyfriend then confessed to me that he was really a God, more specifically Apollo. He then proceeded to tell me that the Gods really exist and that they continued to live their lives, but this time blending within the society who don't believe in them anymore- but if you really looked close enough, you would notice that they were always in positions of power all over the world.


Apollo confessed that he fell in love with this kind and beautiful woman but she was married and wouldn't cheat on her husband. So, he took her husband's form and slept with her. What he didn't count on was getting her pregnant, which you can guess resulted on the birth in the Justin. After a meeting with his Oracle, who in reality is Mysterious Marilyn, he found out about the horrible future that his son would have had. So, he gave Brian and me the chance to change it... with the sole condition, not to tell Brian, who he or his son really are until the time came.


I felt wrong for keeping it from Big Bad for so long, but at the end the hilarious scene was worth it.


"Hey, Emmett... are you ok?" my friend and ex-roommate asked.


Suddenly, it was all silence. Today was the two year anniversary of George's death. No matter that I already lived through this in my head, his death will always be a sore spot for me. I smiled at the lady who handed me a bouquet of roses, after handing her some money.


"I'm not, I really don't think I'll ever be. But I am moving on, so don't worry about it" I answered, truthfully.


"I am your friend, I'll always worry" she replied, bringing a small smile into my face- I was glad that at least this time around I did not have to go through this on my own.


Drew:


I came out of the bar, laughing with my teammates. Still finding it surprising how easy they accepted me for who I was. The fact that I was already taken might have helped, but still...


Though the most shocking fact was that they liked Emmett much more than my ex-fiancé. I believe that Emmy Lou won them over with his amazing cooking abilities.


"Hey Drew, isn't that your boy?" one of the guys asked me.


I looked up and there he was, my Emmy Lous crossing the street with a huge bouquet of roses on his hands. Roses I did not send for him. For a second I though that he might be cheating, but that's just something Emmett would have never done. Then I noticed his outfit, he was dressed completely in black. He never wears black, much less a whole outfit. I cursed myself, fishing out my phone to check the date.


"Damn it!" I cursed again, gaining many curious glances from my friends "It's the anniversary of his ex-fiancé's death" I explained, gaining many sympathetic looks and pats on the back.


They told me to bail on them and go comfort my boy. I did that, but I never imagined how hard it would be to see the man I love crying in front of his ex-lover's grave. However, I did not leave. He was there for me when I was still in negation and never gave up on me. Now it was my time to help him out. I just hope I am good enough for the job.