- Text Size +

 

Madrid Interlude

Chapter 8




The taxi pulled up in front of the loft on Tremont. Brian climbed out. He and the taxi driver unloaded the luggage that Justin had brought with him along with Brian's suitcase. Justin stood on the sidewalk staring around and taking it all in.

His heart was pounding. He wondered what he had done, if he had made a huge mistake. He had left his neat and safe life in Madrid, such as it was, to come back here to who knows what. His parents and their fucking disapproval were here. His life as a scared and closeted student was here. But was his future here? Was Brian Kinney his future? He could feel the blood pounding in his temples and he fought back the panic he was feeling.

The taxi was pulling away and suddenly Brian was beside him, his hand reassuringly placed on Justin's back.

"Welcome home, Justin," Brian said.

He tried to smile, but he knew it didn't quite get there. "Thanks," he mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Brian asked with a frown. "Are you having more doubts?"

Justin nodded almost imperceptibly. "I … are we doing the right thing?"

"The only way to find out is to do it," Brian stated. "Come on. Help me get this stuff upstairs and then you can have your panic attack, right after I have mine."

Justin chuckled in spite of himself. Brian had a way of putting things that brought them into focus and made him feel better. Maybe everything would be all right after all.

They loaded the bags into the elevator and rode in silence up to the loft. Brian unlocked the door and Justin got his first look at his new home, at least his home for a week or two. It was very impressive. Having lived in Europe Justin recognized the European furniture and the sleek simplicity of the loft. He saw that Brian was not afraid to pay for quality in his surroundings. The designer kitchen was elegant. He peeked into the bedroom and saw the large, low bed. He felt himself blushing.

"What's the matter?" Brian asked lugging a suitcase up to the bedroom. He saw the look on Justin's face and couldn't quite decide what it meant.

"I … I feel like an intruder in your life."

"You're not an intruder. You're an invited guest."

"That sounds better, but is that all I am … a guest?"

"What do you want to be?" Brian asked seriously. He didn't know how to answer Justin's question. He didn't yet know what Justin was to him, other than that he had become completely necessary.

"I feel a bit like a newlywed," Justin blurted out.

He saw Brian wince at that reference. "Explain," Brian ordered wanting a clarification of what would make Justin say something like that. They certainly had never discussed anything along those lines.

"I mean … oh … I don't know what I mean." Justin wanted to cry, but he wouldn't let himself do that. He wasn't some baby or fucking drama queen.

Suddenly strong arms enfolded him and pulled him into a warm embrace. Brian held on to him and he squeezed back. This was what he needed. He wanted to know that Brian still wanted him here, still wanted him to share his life, still cared about him.

Finally Justin said, "I guess I beat you to the panic attack. I'm scared."

"So am I, but that doesn't mean I don't want you here," Brian said.

"Keep telling me that, will you?" Justin asked looking up into Brian's eyes and managing to smile.

"If you'll keep telling me that you want to be here."

Justin could tell that Brian wasn't teasing. He was being serious. "I want to be here, if here is where you are."

Lips crushed his and they forgot about unpacking. Clothes swiftly disappeared and Justin got his first introduction to the bed where he would spend a lot of time over the next few days. He let Brian be the top and he was very surprised at how gentle and caring Brian was with him. It was like the man knew that was what he needed this time. Maybe everything would work out, he told himself as he lay snuggled up against Brian, both of them sated for a little while.

"Brian, how are we going to handle everything?" Justin asked.

"What are you talking about?" Brian asked trying to understand exactly what was worrying Justin now.

"Well, I'm going to have to meet your friends and family. I'd like to see Gus, and I guess I should talk to my parents if they want to speak to me. But I don't know what I am. I'm not your boyfriend, I'm not your partner, I am your lover, but I can hardly introduce myself as that."

Brian got that evil smirk that Justin was beginning to recognize. "I think that's exactly how you should introduce yourself. They'll have a bird."

Justin swatted him lightly. "Stop that. I can't go around saying, 'Hi, I'm Justin Taylor, his lover.'"

"Why not? I could get a T-shirt printed up that says, 'Hi, I'm his lover,' with an arrow pointing to me. Then you wouldn't have to say anything at all."

Justin giggled and Brian's cock jumped. "You are so bad!" Justin said kissing his lover.

"And you are so good!" Brian replied seizing the mouth and delving with his tongue. Kissing this young man was so sensual, so sweet, so hot. He could never get enough.

Suddenly he felt Justin's cock pressing against his thigh and Justin's finger probing at his hole. He opened his eyes and stared at Justin. The young man gave that little giggle as he ended the kiss. "My turn," he said the old spark in his eye.

Brian groaned. This was going to be an ongoing battle. He might as well get used to being a bottom at least half the time. Truthfully he didn't mind too much as long as the top was Justin.

Justin rolled him over and used his tongue to probe and open him up. When he had Brian sweating and panting, he rolled on a condom and lubed it. "I am happy to be here with you," Justin said and pressed in. Brian groaned and pressed back giving Justin permission to go all the way. The ride was long and slow this time. Sweat rolled off both their bodies as they careened towards orgasm. Brian grabbed his cock and tugged. He knew Justin had great stamina but they were both close. Suddenly he felt himself shooting and he clamped down on Justin's cock lodged firmly inside of him. He heard the man shout his name and then they were both in a heap on the bed, gasping and trying to make the world come back into focus.

After a minute or two he felt Justin pull out and he sighed at the loss. Justin rolled away and Brian turned to look at him. He was disposing of the condom. Then he grabbed some tissues and started to clean them both up. He saw the blond hair and the luscious lips and the soft blue eyes, but he felt the will of iron and the tender, loving heart inside this man. He so wanted to tell him what he saw and felt, but that wasn't the way Brian Kinney did things. He sighed and covered his eyes with his forearm.

"Are you all right?" Justin asked. He had thought Brian was going to tell him something, but then he had closed off.

"I'm … fine. Let's have a little nap," Brian said. "Not too long because we'll have jet lag if we don't stay up until regular sleep time here. Hand me the alarm clock. Half an hour, okay?"

"Sure."

Justin snuggled against Brian. He felt the man's arms come around him and hold him tenderly. Justin turned on his other side and spooned into Brian's chest and stomach. He sighed and felt sleep coming. His eyes closed and his breathing slowed. He was almost asleep when he felt Brian's hand slide along his arm and Brian's fingers laced into his. Brian sighed in what Justin was sure was contentment.

"I love you too," Justin whispered just before he dozed off.

Brian heard the words and he wanted to say them back, but they wouldn't come out. He felt himself mouth them, but that was all. He leaned in and kissed Justin's neck. That was all he could do right now.



-----



The next couple of days went by in a whirlwind. Justin unpacked some of his stuff that he had brought with him from Madrid. Some cases he left untouched storing them in Brian's locker in the basement of the building. He spent one whole day going to the various universities to look at art courses and what his probability of getting into any of them was. He also studied the newspapers and looked for potential jobs.

Brian went back to work. Vance was very pleased that Brian had landed the Molin contract. He had some major catching up to do on his other accounts.

By the end of the second day they were both tired. Justin had not met any of Brian's family or friends yet and that bothered him. He wondered if Brian was ashamed of him and that was why he hadn't introduced him to anyone. He could imagine the questions they would be asked. How could Brian tell them that he had found him in a brothel? His anxiety level about this whole venture continued to go up. By Friday evening he had himself convinced that he had made a big mistake. He was ready to go back to Spain.

When Brian arrived home from work Justin was seated at the computer. He had checked out flights to Madrid and was ready to leave once he explained to Brian how he felt. He was pretty sure Brian wouldn't stop him.

"Hey," Brian said as he came through the door.

"Hard day?" Justin asked seeing the look on Brian's face.

"Yeah."

"I need to talk to you about something," Justin said figuring he might as well get right to the point."

"Let me change first. Grab a couple of beers," Brian said as he went up to the bedroom.

Justin opened two beers and brought them to the sofa. Brian came down in his jeans and a T-shirt.

"So what do you want to talk about?" he asked. "Have you found a place in university?"

Justin shook his head. He wished it was that easy. "I want to know why you haven't introduced me to any of your family or friends."

"We've been busy," Brian said quickly. He knew there were other reasons but he didn't want to bring them up right then.

"Okay, so what about tonight?" Justin asked.

"I'm tired," Brian hedged.

"Brian, if you're ashamed of me, just say so. I've looked up flights to Madrid and I can be on one tonight."

"What? What are you talking about?

"You heard me. I'm not staying here closeted, and I use that word deliberately, away from everyone and everything. I'm more than a fuck toy. I want a life, a life with you, but I am perfectly capable of having a life without you. So tell me where we stand."

This man didn't beat around the bush. Brian ran his hand through his hair. How did he explain this to Justin?

"Justin, I'm not ashamed of you. Let me make that very clear." Justin nodded waiting to here the rest of it. "But I … we haven't figured out what we are to each other yet. This … thing is just starting. When you meet the people who are … close to me, you'll understand immediately how they pry. I'm protecting you from them."

"That's very noble of you, Brian," Justin began. "But you are so full of shit. You don't want to tell them that you found me in a brothel. You don't want to have to put up with their snide comments and pity about how you're settling for a whore."

Brian's eyes had gotten very big as Justin said this. "Is that what you think?" Justin nodded again. Brian chuckled. "I admit I've been worried about their reaction, but not in the way you think."

"What do you mean?" Justin asked with a frown.

"The fact that I found you in a brothel would simply met their expectations of something I would do."

"What?" Justin asked puzzled.

Brian nodded his head. "I'm not worried about what they will think of me. Their expectations could hardly be any lower. I'm worried about what they'll say to you. I don't want them to hurt you, even inadvertently."

Justin studied Brian's face. He knew Brian was telling the truth. Christ, how could he have misread the situation so completely? They really didn't know each other at all. He grinned which became a smile which became his sunshine smile. "You were worried about me?" he asked. "I love you." He leaned over and kissed Brian.

Once again Brian felt the great urge to say he loved him back. Instead he deepened the kiss. "So don't go back to Spain."

"Okay," Justin agreed now that he understood what had been going on. "But you should know that I'm not ashamed of what I did in Madrid. I may have worked in a brothel but I was a performance artist, not a whore."

"So if we tell them that, you'd be okay with that?" Brian asked.

"We don't have to say that the minute we meet them, but if they ask I'll tell them."

"How would you like to meet Gus tonight?" Brian asked suddenly.

Justin smiled at him. "I'd love to."

"Of course his mothers go along with that. Brace yourself for Melanie."

"I can handle myself," Justin stated and Brian knew he could.



-----



The Corvette screeched to a halt outside the Munchers' house.

"Here we are," Brian said.

"Nice neighborhood," Justin commented trying to cover his nerves.

He felt Brian's hand grasp his and squeeze. "It's going to be fine. They'll like you, and Gus will be happy to have a new playmate.

Justin made a face at him, but he was grateful for the strong hand holding his. "Let's go," he said with more confidence than he felt.

They rang the bell to find the door opened immediately by Melanie. Lindsay stood behind her holding Gus. "Daddy," Gus said struggling to get down. "Mommy, I'm not a baby. Let go!" the four, almost five year old, struggled to be released.

Gus finally escaped from his mother's grasp and Brian scooped him up. "You're getting so big and heavy," Brian told him. Gus nodded. "Gus, this is Justin. He's come to meet you."

"Why?" Gus asked staring at Justin with eyes that matched his father's.

"He's living with me right now and I told him all about you and he wanted to meet you," Brian explained.

"Hi," Gus said looking over his father's shoulder.

"Hi, Gus," Justin said and held out his hand. Gus took it and shook just like a grown up. He liked this man. He could stay.

"Melanie, Linds, this is Justin."

"Hi, Justin," Lindsay said. "Come in out of the cold."

They got rid of their coats and moved into the living room. Justin felt like he was under a microscope. He could feel Gus staring at him, and Melanie, and Lindsay who was a little more subtle than the other two.

"So Justin," Melanie said. "You're staying with Brian?"

"That's right," Justin answered, not sure how much he should volunteer.

"How did that happen?" she asked arching her eyebrows and looking back and forth between the two of them.

Justin opened his mouth to try to explain, but Brian beat him to it. "I asked him to," Brian said bluntly. Justin smiled at him and Brian smiled back.

"Um," Lindsay began, "we let Gus stay up to meet you, but it's really past his bedtime. Gus, say goodnight to everybody."

"Nooo," the boy protested.

"Sonny boy, you need to listen to your mother," Brian told him.

Gus looked most unhappy, but he went over to his father and gave him a hug. "Can we play tomorrow?" Gus whispered to Brian. Justin heard the request and wondered how Brian would react. Brian looked askance at him and Justin shrugged his shoulders meaning he didn't care.

"Can we take him for the afternoon tomorrow?" Brian asked.

"Sure," Melanie said quickly planning how she and Linds could spend some alone time.

Brian kissed his son. "See you tomorrow afternoon, okay?"

Gus nodded and kissed his father back. Justin watched the exchange and decided he liked this man even more. Gus came over to him and stood in front of him studying his face. "Will you be with my Daddy?" Gus asked.

"If you want me to be. Do you like to draw, Gus?" Justin asked. The little boy nodded knowing his mother had taught him to draw when he was two. "I like to draw too. We could do some of that with your Daddy."

"Okay," Gus agreed. He leaned in and hugged Justin who hugged him back. Brian saw the look of relief on Justin's face. "Good night, Gus, see you tomorrow," Justin said as Lindsay took the little boy upstairs.

Melanie got up and said she would get them some coffee. She went out to the kitchen.

"That went all right, didn't it?" Justin asked.

Brian nodded. "But the real inquisition begins now that Gus is out of the way."

"Oh," Justin said.

"That's why we're getting coffee until Linds comes back. Then they can do this together."

"Are you kidding?" Justin asked. The look on Brian's face told him he wasn't.

Melanie returned with a tray containing mugs of coffee and a plate of cookies. "They're chocolate chip," Melanie said. "I hope that's all right." Justin nodded. "I know you won't want any," she said giving Brian a look.

Justin noticed the exchange. He didn't think Melanie liked Brian very much, but he wasn't sure why. He fixed his coffee and took a cookie. "Good," he said as Lindsay returned.

"I hope he'll settle down now and go to sleep. Gus always gets worked up about seeing his Daddy, and he's looking forward to tomorrow," Lindsay said.

"So don't let him down…" Melanie said pointedly. Justin felt sure there was going to be an 'asshole' or 'you shit' at the end of that statement, but she had edited it for his benefit.

Brian glared at her. Then he said suddenly, "Let's get the interrogation over so Justin and I can go home and fuck."

Justin felt himself blushing. How could Brian be so blunt, so unfeeling?

"Why don't you just give us the abridged version and save us asking questions," Melanie said sarcastically.

Brian took another sip of his coffee. "I met Justin in Madrid. He's a performance artist. We liked each other at first fuck. He's originally from Pittsburgh. I asked him to come back with me. We're madly in lust. Good night, ladies. Let's go, Justin."

Brian stood up and once Justin got his mouth to close he did too. They grabbed their coats and were soon in the Corvette.

"What the fuck happened in there?" Justin asked as Brian peeled away.

"That was your first introduction to my small segment of Pittsburgh society. Want to book your tickets to Madrid when we get back to the loft."

Justin sat in silence unsure what had happened, why Brian had been like that, what he was going to do. Fuck!