[Reviews - 51] starstarstarstarstarPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

 

How will Mercury being in retrograde affect everyone? And what happens when secret plans are revealed?  


**Part of a series of the same name, being done through a series of one-shots, short stories and novelettes.**


As always, Lorie, thanks for being my sanity.

 

**COMPLETED**

 

HAPPY READING EVERYONE! 


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US, Plot Bunnies Characters: Brian Kinney, Cynthia, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Gardner Vance, George Shickel, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Marty Ryder, Melanie Marcus, Original Character, Other Cast Regulars, Ted Schmidt, Vic Grassi
Tags: 10k+ Word Count
Genres: Alternate Canon, Alternate Universe, Angst, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Canon Divergence, Could be Canon
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Melanie/Lindsay
Challenges: None
Series: LEARNING TO SLEEP IN THE BED YOU MADE
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes
Word count: 27540 Read: 17526
ePub Downloads: 80 Published: Sep 26, 2019 Updated: Oct 02, 2019
Story Notes:

 

 

 

 

First a disclaimer: ALL recognizable characters, places, situations, organizations, etc. are the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement is intended. The original plot, characters, companies, situations are all the intellectual property of this author and is not intended for additional use without permission.

Hello Folks,

Yes, I know I have outstanding WIPs. There's no need to remind me since they are hellbent on doing it for you. However, since this wouldn't leave me alone, I chose to get started. I know that some would prefer that I either finish what is outstanding first before posting another fic, or not post until it's all finished, but that's my call. And since that process is too reminiscent of how my published works are done, I choose to handle my fanfiction this particular way since this is my 'break' from my career. Besides, is there really a need to have an issue about it when ultimately there is more to read? Not really from my point of view.

So moving on, first, I'd like to thank everyone who continues to support my gift and encourages me to keep doing what I do, which is attempt to put out a quality story. I have grown so much through your words, which enable me to see how the story is shaping up through your eyes. Please remember just how important it is for our authors to receive feedback from you. Even if we can't answer every single review (usually because we're writing or have major RL insanity going on- at least those are the situations in my case), they do not go unnoticed nor are they taken for granted. You all are one of the BEST audiences this here gal could have ever asked for!

Secondly, I didn't (and most likely will not) tag this series as Anti-character at any point. For those of you who know my writing style, you already know how I roll. However, I will say that this work as a whole (meaning all of the stories that will make up the series) will be more of a 'coming of age' kind of thing. I always try to craft a storyline as close to real life as possible. So whereas this work is AU and Canon Divergent, it's my hope that their reactions will seem as natural as breathing, and will resemble a soap opera of sorts- well that's the aim this time, anyway LOL. 

Will there be characters who piss me off? ABSOLUTELY! But I will certainly try to find the redeeming qualities in each one. And yes, surprisingly that even includes Michael to an extent. As usual, I will call each character as I see them, but that doesn't mean I'm inflexible in writing the story as it directs me to. 

That said, NO, I don't know when it will end. YES, each story/ installment will be a completed story when the 'complete' button is checked. No, it will NOT be the same kind of format as my longer fics are. Consider this reminiscent of the way SOWK: The SHORT Story was created. It will give you an idea of how these installments will be formatted. I don't plan for each of them to be more than 5 chapters long, but hey... you never know. What I can tell you is that all of them will entwine.

Speaking of the story, there are a couple of important things to note within this fic/ series:

-The bashing never happened

-Brian and Justin are continuing to work through their issues regarding insecurity at times, however they are in a solid place with each other for the most part.

-I moved the storylines up to reflect today's time as opposed to 2000-2005

-AGAIN, this story/ series is AU and Alternate Canon and Canon-Divergent, so no, not all storylines will follow the original timelines, or situations. For the QAF-purist, this may not be the story for you.

So that's all of my announcements for the moment. If I think of something else, I'll add it at another time and leave a note to look here in the 'end notes' of the chapter.

 

HAPPY READING!

~Nichelle 

P.S. Thank you to both Cathy Sunderland and Deb Tanner, who have put some of these plot bunnies in my head, thus causing my imagination to once again spin out of control. You ladies are both a BLESSING and DANGEROUS!

 

1. CHAPTER 1 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarstar (4178 words)

2. CHAPTER 2: CHAMPAGNE DREAMS and THWARTED WISHES by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (4474 words)

3. CHAPTER 3: WHITE DIAMONDS by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (6475 words)

 

 

Warning: Contains a B/J/O scene. I mean, it's the White Party after all... just saying ENJOY!!

4. CHAPTER 4: WHITE DIAMONDS Part 2: SIDE TO SIDE by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (7798 words)

5. CHAPTER 5: PROMISES by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (4615 words)