Daphne Takes Charge by Frosty70
Summary: This is a different Take of what happens after Justin walks out after the Rage party
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney
Tags: None
Genres: None
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 8882 Read: 13194 Published: Jan 29, 2020 Updated: Aug 08, 2020

1. Chapter 1 by Frosty70

2. Chapter 2 by Frosty70

3. Chapter 3 by Frosty70

4. Chapter 4 by Frosty70

5. Chapter 5 by Frosty70

6. Chapter 6 by Frosty70

7. Chapter 7 by Frosty70

Chapter 1 by Frosty70





After Brian fucked his Rage self, Justin walked out with Ethan. Once outside, he calls Daphne and has her meet him outside Ethan’s.

“Hi, Daph. Can I move in with you? Don’t ask. I just need you to come and help me get my stuff. We can chat at home.”

Ethan reaches out and tries to grab Justin’s arm. “But, I love you.”

Raising his arms and stepping back, Justin replies, “I’m sorry. But I don’t love you. I loved what you said and did, but I’m moving in with Daph.”

“You mean you’ll be back with that bastard Kinney.”

“Doubtful. I fucked up bad. But if we ever do get together again, it’s none of your business.” Stuffing his bag full he hands it to Daphne. Then he boxed the computer Brian gave him, and they left. Not trusting Ethan, Daph walks down behind Justin.

On getting settled at Daphne’s, she says, “Spill it. I thought you were gonna try and corner Brian tonight. What happened?”

Finally giving in to his tears, he says, “He told someone to tell me to come to the back. He was fucking Rage. It’s over. It was one big 'fuck you' to me.”

“Bullshit, Justin. He threw you off the cliff. He doesn’t want you to leave him. But he’s a big coward.”

“He’s not a coward.”

“When it comes to his feelings for you, he is. You should have walked up to him and called his bluff. Dammit, Jus, be honest with him.”

“I’m tired. Just leave me alone.”



The next day Debbie calls Justin to work at the diner. Justin tells her he doesn’t want to have to deal with Michael’s remarks, but knowing he needs the money, he goes to work anyway.

After he leaves for work, Daphne decides to visit Brian. Just as she reaches the loft, she catches the door as someone leaves. After getting up to Brian’s apartment, she bangs on the door. Not getting an answer, she takes off her shoe and keeps banging.

“What the hell do you want???!!!!! Your best friend is at his lover boy’s!”

“Listen asshole, he isn’t with Ethan. He moved out last night. No! Not a word till I’m done. Justin was going to approach you and try to get you to talk to him. But you had to fuck Rage. Justin is the best thing to happen to you. But you are too damn chicken to admit how you feel.”

“I know he told you about the bullshit rules. Which he broke, by kissing that bastard!!”

“If you had been open with Justin about your feelings, Ethan wouldn’t have happened. No kissing on the lips? You broke that first! You kiss Michael, and not just a peck. How is that fair to Justin? After Michael told you about the kiss Ethan gave Justin, how’d you act? You got jealous, yet Justin is supposed to see you kiss that asshole. Michael thinks you are going to marry him someday. Sit your ass down and listen. I know what your childhood was like. Okay, it sucked. But think of all Justin has had to put up with. For instance, the ski trip. True, you had to go to Chicago to keep your job. But instead of telling him the truth beforehand, you make him feel awful because he went alone. Deb expects you to help raise Michael, and Michael is obsessed with you. They use you and act as if your money is their money. It’s bullshit. You don’t owe them shit!! Seriously, shush! Be grateful to them for being there. Be there if it’s absolutely necessary. Be a shoulder to cry on, give advice. But Michael needs to grow up. You have taken care of him since you both were fourteen. Think about it!! They are using you. Let him fend for himself a few times; tell Deb you won’t cover for him anymore. They twist things so it looks like you are the asshole, but you aren’t. Can you be? Yes. But not all the time. See how Michael acts if you say no a few times. Before the bashing, Justin was able to read you. He could tell that you at least cared for him. You loved him at least a little bit. His mom asked you to stay away, didn’t she? I know you were at the hospital every night. My folks are doctors. You being there got around. I heard them talking about it. But did you tell Justin? No, but he knows. Michael said you felt sorry for him. Plus he knows his mom asked you to take him in. Why can’t you man up? Show him you have balls and talk openly to him. He won’t hurt you. You may - no - you will have to - do some serious talking to him. But, give it a chance. Or I WILL de-nut you!!



Meanwhile, Michael comes in all excited and tells Justin Brett Keller has emailed. He wants to do a movie about Rage and wants someone to go to Hollywood. Mikey wants Justin to go.

“I can’t believe you, Mikey. You tattle about Ethan kissing me. Yet Brian kisses you all the time. You told me how he feels sorry for me, and that I’m just a fuck. Yet you expect me to drop everything and go to Hollywood. FUCK YOU, Michael! You go. I’m done with Rage. Find someone else to draw it.”

Seeing Deb approaching he says, “No, Deb. I’m done with him.” He then goes to the back.

Deb tells Michael to wait and she follows. “Justin…”

“No, Deb!! You heard what I said. He keeps trying to drive wedges between me and Brian. He and Lindsay know what buttons to push when things are going good between Brian and me. I’m done.” He takes his apron off and leaves.

A car pulls up beside him. Looking over and seeing Brian, he walks faster, trying to control his tears.

“Justin, get in. I want to talk to you.”

“Why? I got your message loud and clear.”

Brian gets out and takes Justin’s arm. “Dammit, please. I was wrong. Just get in.”

“Okay. But some things have to change.”

While driving, he notices Brian going a different direction. ”We aren’t going to the loft?”

“No, we’d just get interrupted.”

Finally parking, he gets out and goes around and opens Justin’s door, and gets a raised eyebrow from him.

“Daphne came over this morning and read me the riot act, before threatening to take my balls if I didn’t think about everything she said. So, I thought about it. Bear with me, please. It’s not easy for me to open up, but I want to try. Okay?”

Going over to a bench by the river, they sit down. Taking Justin’s hand he begins.

“Yes, I was jealous of Ethan. And Mikey should have stayed out of everything. I’m sorry for how I acted. I felt like I had lost you. Actually, ever since the bashing, things have been different. You can’t read me anymore, can you? Daphne’s right about that.”

“I hope it comes back, but it’s gone. I... I....” Then he looks down.

Taking two fingers to lift Justin’s head, Brian says. “I guess Daph is right. It’s time for me to quit being a coward, get some balls and talk openly.”

Justin looks at Brian. He’s shocked to see tears on his cheeks. “It would help. I miss knowing what you’re thinking without talking. Sometimes it’s there, but feeling-wise, it’s missing.”

“I want you back Justin. Every night we need to talk. Openly. You as well. I want to know what you’re feeling. I think we can do this better if we’re together, not in separate places.”

“Okay. No tricking in our home, and only when we’re together. I’d prefer it if you only kiss Mikey on the cheek. I only want to kiss you. Mikey wants you for himself. Are you aware he pushes your buttons? So does Lindsay. But more subtly. The WASP way.”

“I wasn’t fair to you. Making a big deal out of Ethan’s kiss and kissing Eric bothered me too. But I can deal with that. Now, how do they push my buttons?”

“Mikey is smart. He knows how to say things to make you feel you are settling down. Thus, you go drag a trick home or go to the baths. Lindsay tells you how sweet it is that we are together. Same reaction. She has this white picket fence dream with you.”

Brian tries to explain, “My childhood... I know you know parts of it. My dad beat me. Broken bones. Bruises where they couldn’t be seen. My mother stayed drunk and quoted the Bible. Once I met Mikey, Deb and Vic patched me up. I wouldn’t let them turn them in. I was constantly told I was w... worthless and I should have been aborted. I’m afraid of letting myself feel, but you seem to accept me. No matter what I have said and done, you stayed by me. I don’t want to lose you. I love you, Sunshine.”

Brian begins to sob and Justin gathers him in his arms. Softly telling him he still loves him and will always be there for him. They share kisses, holding tight to each other.

They go to Daphne’s for Justin’s things. While there, Justin tells Brian about Brett Keller’s email. He tells Brian he told Michael he won’t go to Hollywood. “Let Michael go. I want nothing to do with it anymore. Hopefully, he’ll keep them true to the story. I’m surprised Mikey didn’t tell you about it.”

“Actually, he called, but I was thinking about what Daph said and ignored him. Truthfully, I’m not happy with him either.”

Brian goes and grabs some work clothes and his briefcase and then drives them to a hotel and checks in. They both know Michael isn’t going to give them peace. Entering the room, Justin strips off his clothes and heads to the shower. Brian quickly follows him. They take turns washing each other. Then Brian begins to open Justin up. Inserting one finger then a second and third he scissors them. Spreading his legs further and bracing himself, Justin says, “Brian, please! I’m ready! Nowww!!!”

“Christ Justin, you are tight.”

“Only you get that part of me. Only you.”

Brian places the head of his dick against Justin’s pucker, then pushes past the ring of muscles, pausing to let Justin adapt. Then pushes in a bit more before pulling out a bit and steadily pushes all the way in. Their movements get harder and faster. Their sounds letting each other know how much they love it. Drying off and putting on the robes the hotel provided, they cuddle, yes, cuddle together on the couch.



Dropping Justin off at school, he assures Brian that even though he figures Ethan will bug him, he will not be going back to him, he plans to only stay with Brian. Getting to the office, Brian informs reception and Cynthia that Michael, Debbie, and Lindsay are not to be put through by phone or enter the building. Then he locates a locksmith and places a call to have the locks and keypad changed and asks for them to drop the keys and new code off at Vanguard.



Ethan tries to talk to Justin, but he says. “No Ethan, I want you to leave me alone. Brian came to me and we talked. We’re back together.” Then he walked away, and for the rest of the day, he avoided places Ethan might be.

Brian picked him up from school that day. As he got in the Vette, he leaned over, planting a kiss on Brian’s lips, before asking, “How was your day?”

“Okay. I put Lindsay, Mikey, and Deb on the no-call list. And said no visits either. How did things go for you?”

“Not bad. Ethan tried to talk to me. I asked him to leave me alone and walked away. I managed to avoid him for the rest of the day. What if they need to get ahold of you about Gus?”

“I’m taking care of that now.”

Pulling into Mel’s workplace, they see her coming out.

“Hey, Smelly Melly. Got a couple of minutes to talk? There’s a Starbucks down the road. I’ll even buy you some coffee or tea.”

“Hi, Asshole. Is it important?”

Seeing Brian’s nod, she tells him she will follow him. Getting settled with their tea and coffees, Mel asks, “What’s going on? And when did you guys get back together?”

“I convinced Justin to come with me to my favorite spot by the river and we had a long talk about things. I opened up to him. To be truthful, this came about because Daphne ripped me a new one, and it got me to admit I have been wrong about a lot of things.”

Justin adds, “We stayed elsewhere last night because we wanted to have some peace.”

“The reason I wanted to talk to you is, I’ve come to realize through Sunshine and Daphne, that Mikey and Lindz both push my buttons. This causes trouble for me and Jus. Plus, they think I should be at their beck and call. So, if you don’t mind being a go-between, you can tell Lindz that I will no longer answer her, Deb, or Mikey’s calls while I’m at work. Plus, visits are out unless requested. At night, once 7:00 comes, only Justin’s phone will be on. If you don’t mind, I only want you to contact me or Justin in case of an emergency. I think you understand the meaning of that. Okay?”

On seeing Mel’s quizzical look. Justin adds, “Mel, Lindz is a WASP and I know how they work. I don’t want to stir shit up, but she plays the mediator for you and Brian after saying things that sometimes sound good, but said in such a way to cause you two to fight. You and Brian have some traits in common. You will always butt heads, but if you learn what not to listen to from Lindz for the sake of Gus, things should be happier.”

“Mel, he’s right. If you think about it, you’ll see it. Plus, she left a message that she needs an extra $500 for Gus. I pay $3,000 a month to you now, so just why does she need an extra $500?”

“3,000!!!! Really?”

Going out to his Jeep and reaching in his glove box, he pulls out a bank statement and shows Mel the truth in print.

“She told me $1,500! And I can’t think of anything she would need $500 for. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. And yes, I will do the contacting; if she leaves a message or corners you, call me and let me know.”

“By the way Mel, I am gay. If Lindz entertains a fantasy that we might have a future, she’s wrong. So no need to hold that against me. Okay? I want us to co-parent Gus in peace.”

Justin adds, “And don’t call him an asshole. We all can be that way. But not even Brian is all the time. I’ll pay later for saying this, but he made me feel loved last night with our talk.”

“Okay uh, Brian. Like you guys did, obviously, I will think of all you’ve said. I have a feeling things are gonna change. Just don’t give in to them. You don’t owe Deb or Mikey anything. And I will deal with Lindz. I’ll get back with you. I need to get home.” Then surprising both men with a kiss on their cheeks, she thanks them for the tea and leaves.

“Ugh. Geez, I don’t think that was necessary,” Brian says, rubbing his face. “But at least it went well. Guess there is something to this opening-up thing.”

“Do you feel the need to go wash your cheek, Bri?”

“I think I’ll live. Let’s head home. To our home.”

Chapter 2 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:

Michael comes to the loft.

DAPHNE TAKES CHARGE

CHAPTER TWO
__________________

The next morning Brian lay on his side with his head propped up, looking at Justin sleep. He couldn’t believe how different he felt since opening up to Justin. He had said the words he had been afraid to say and it wasn’t hard at all. Moving to place his arm around his Sunshine and throw a leg across him, he felt a twinge in his ass as it reminded him of what he gave Justin the night before. He placed his head on Justin’s shoulder. He felt an arm come around him to hold him snugly. Burying his head in Justin’s neck he allowed himself to recall their love making.

*Flashback*

Brian and Justin couldn’t get into the loft fast enough. Pants were undone as hands grasped at each other. Justin dropped to his knees and engulfed the rod of steel his lover sported. Before the elevator reached their floor he had Brian’s hot release coming down his throat. He tasted so good. Lifting Justin up Brian carried Justin to the door, opened it and carried him inside. He placed him on the counter. Pulling Justin’s dick out he swallowed him down his throat. He let his muscles massage his lover, loving the dirty words Justin was saying that he had missed so much. In just minutes he was drinking Justin’s release.

Lifting him off the counter he carried him to the bed. They quickly undressed each other. Grabbing the lube and condoms Brian prepared Justin quickly. Justin’s shyly voiced 'be gentle it’s been awhile' went right to his heart. Sheathing himself, he slowly made his way into Justin, feeling the warmth around him. They soon found the familiar rhythm. At first keeping a slow pace then harder and faster as they came to an explosive finish. As they came down from their highs, Brian realized Justin was caressing his butt cheek. He found it didn’t bother him. Without a second thought he grabbed the lube and taking Justin’s hand he squirted some on his fingers. Justin’s eyes grew wide as he realized what Brian wanted. Justin looked at his lover with so much love in his gaze that Brian’s breath hitched. He began by kissing and nipping at Brian’s body. His hands leading the way, touching all the spots he knew were sensitive. Turning Brian over he settled between Brian’s legs and began to rim him. Brian didn’t hold back letting Justin hear how good he was making him feel. Justin inserted his fingers one at a time inside Brian, taking care to open him for the intrusion. Justin was shocked when he heard Brian say "I’ve never done this before". He positioned himself and slowly began to enter him, pausing to let him adjust to the hardened member. Finally their thrusts started, Brian eagerly meeting Justin. Their lips met and tongues tangled together. When their orgasms came it was together and neither man had ever felt anything so good.

They ordered Thai in and spent their evening continuing to talk. Brian sharing all his life that he had held back. Why he hadn’t done that before he didn’t know. It was cathartic to him. They both vowed to keep the lines of communication open.

Brian had a business trip to take to New York. He was supposed to be gone a week to confer with two clients. On finding out there was a school break that week he arranged for Justin to go along with him. They left on Friday as soon as school was out. He convinced Justin to let him buy him a new suit to wear to the lunch meeting with Kelly McQuaid. Luckily he wrapped the meetings successfully and took the rest of the week to spend time with Justin and do more shopping and visiting some galleries. They were both pleased that two of the galleries wanted to show a few of Justin’s paintings that he had completed. On Sunday they returned home. Brian was pleased to have acquired two new suits for himself and smug that he had gotten a second suit for Justin. Also they both had new jeans and shirts. Justin had two new pairs of shoes. One pair of dress shoes and new sneakers. Justin was happy that Brian understood they weren’t pitching all his cargoes and old tee shirts. He would paint in them.

On Monday Brian went into work late and Justin missed his first class in order to send the pictures to the galleries. That night they got Justin’s clothes from Daphne’s. Arriving back at the loft, Brian gleefully bagged the clothes Justin agreed to get rid of, keeping three pair of jeans and six tees for painting.

Just as they finished eating dinner the buzzer went off. Brian peeked out the window and saw Michael at the door.

“It’s Mikey. Let’s get this over with."

He buzzed him up and opened the door. Then he sat on the couch pulling Justin close beside him their hands entwined.

“Briiaaannn!!! Where have you... what the fuck is he doing here??!!!”

“He is here because I want him here. We have been together for over a week now. He left Ethan the night of the Rage Party. We got together the next day.”

“He will just cheat again. He’s a little whore!” Pulling Justin up he tried to shove him out the door.

In a flash Brian grabbed Michael and had him up against the door.

“Never! Never grab him like that again!! I’m not your property! You don’t get to decide what I want! DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND. ME? I love Justin and he knows that now. He is my partner. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.”

“You don’t mean that! I’m your best friend! It’s you and me!! You said you loved me! Always had always will!”

“You were my best friend. Not anymore. You are jealous of Justin. Michael, you were the brother of my heart. I could tell you I loved you but only as a brother. I could never live with you. We wouldn’t get along. I need someone that challenges me. It’s not all sex with me and Justin. We talk about a lot of stuff. We have similar likes in music, books, and movies. Sure, some things are different, but we are two indviduals. He went with me to New York last week for work. We took in some galleries and museums. We discussed what we liked and didn’t like. Mikey, I’m not a fourteen year old. The comics don’t interest me anymore. You need to learn how to live your own life. If you can learn to accept Justin and not snipe at him all the time we can still be friends. But he is my best friend.”

Shutting the door after Michael left he plopped down on the couch again. He had tears in his eyes as he mourned the closeness he had felt as a brother to Mikey. Justin gathered him in his arms. He rubbed Brian’s back in a circle comforting him the best he could.

“You are so lucky Justin. Daphne is a good friend to you. I thought you needed more friends your age. But now I think having one close friend who supports you is a good thing.”

“Brian, I have other friends. But I’ve always preferred Daphne’s company only. It’s just my way. But now I consider Emmett a friend too. And you as well.”

Putting his fingers against Brian’s lips he continues. “We have a great sex life. But I think that now, especially now that you have opened up and we both are talking openly. We have a friendship as well. I know you have said you don’t fuck your friends, but lovers can be friends too. Give Michael time. Maybe someday he’ll meet someone and things will ease up. He’ll understand things.” Caressing Brian’s face he said, “I love you. I’m here for you.”

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and kissed him lovingly. Carding his fingers through his hair. He brushed a finger across Justin’s lips. Then gently kissed him again. “Thank you. That means so much to me.”

Chapter 3 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:

Lindsey

DAPHNE TAKES CHARGE

CHAPTER THREE
____________

“Hey Sunshine! I’m gonna grab a couple of sandwiches and some soup from the diner for dinner. I’ll get some lemon bars too. Ok? I’ll probably try to talk to Deb too. Don’t worry I can handle it. Hey, if she wants to blame me she can. I know, Baby. You are there if I need you. Love you too.”

Going in the door he sees Em sitting at their booth alone. He slides in across from him after putting in his order. Hmmm, he thinks maybe Deb doesn’t work tonight. “Hey Em.”

“Hey Bri. Look what is going on with you and Mike?”

“Well, Sunshine and I had a long talk and we are back together. You do know, well I think you do, a lot of our trouble, besides me needing to open up, has been Mikey pushing buttons. Jus went with me to New York for work and we had a blast. We’ve had a couple of good talks as well. I love Justin, Em. I told him that. He fits is all I can say. I told Mikey he has to accept that I’m with the man I want if he wants to be friends.”

“Brian I know Mikey feels like he owns you. I’ve seen that. But until you opened your eyes and realized that I couldn’t say anything. But I’m so glad you and Baby worked things out. Oh don’t growl. Justin is like my little brother. Let me help you take care of him too. But as a big brother. Okay?”

“Thanks for understanding. I still have Lindsey to deal with. Justin and I talked to Mel. I think things will be better with her. Least I hope so. Em, I understand how you feel about Justin.”

Paying for the food he heads out.

__________

AT THE LOFT

“Hey Baby! Setting the food down he wraps his arms around Justin and gives him a kiss. How was school? Settling to eat, they talk about their day.

“It was good. I’ve picked my classes for next year. I need to find another job.”

“Baby, you know I can handle things, but I understand you need to stand on your own feet too. You have mornings off Tuesday and Thursday right? And the afternoon free on Friday?”

“Yes. Not sure what next year will be. Why?”

“Let me talk to Vance. There is a fraternization clause, but since we are already established maybe he will let you work there anyway. Not promising, but I’ll see.”

“I hope I can. I’ve done some thinking. I want to be an artist and I feel I have gotten a start, but I really don’t want to be a starving artist either. Artists are a dime a dozen in New York or Chicago. “

The buzzer goes off. Someone is holding it down. Brian thinks it’s Michael. But it’s Lindsey. Letting her up he looks at Justin and says, “Here we go.”

“Why the fuck did you tell Mel you give me $3,000 a month? And It’s none of her business if you give me an extra $500.”

“I’m not giving it to you. It’s supposed to be for Gus. Explain to me why Mel thinks I only give you $1500. What are you doing with the other half?”

“Hey Linds. Bri? Maybe we should talk to Mel again."

“What are you doing here Justin? Oh, are you back together again? I’m so glad. You make a cute couple.”

“Yes, we do Linds. Justin fits to my body perfectly. I’m so happy he’s back with me. I really missed him. I love him so much."

“But, back to the money. I think Justin’s right. We will talk to Mel again. I think I will start giving you the $1500 she mentioned. The other half I’ll put in a fund in case of an emergency.”

“Maybe we should give the $1500 to Mel. Let her hang onto it, Bri.”

“If you don’t give me the money as usual you won’t get to see Gus."

“Hey Mel. It’s Justin. Lindsey is here. She says if she doesn’t get the money as usual Brian won’t see Gus.”

“You’re lying. Mel isn’t on the phone.”

Hitting the speaker button Justin says. “Mel, say hi to Lindsey.”

“Lindsey. We don’t need more than $1500 a month. We have already talked about this. You aren’t keeping Brian and Justin from seeing Gus. Now come on home right now.”

“I’m not a child. You can’t talk to me that way Mel.”

“Then quit throwing a trantrum like one. “

“Mel?”

“Yes, Brian?”

“I’m gonna give the other $1500 to you each month. If you want more I will keep the other $1500 in a separate account. Okay?"

“That’s fine Brian. Sorry about Lindsey bothering you. Now Linds, GET YOUR ASS HOME!!”

“You heard your wife, Linds. Go. HOME!"

“But, Peter.”

“Cut out the tears Lindsey. Peter grew up. Time for Wendy to do so too,” Brian holds the door open. “Well, Buh bye.”

“Well! I never! “ she huffs and stomps out.

Fifteen minutes later Justin’s phone rings. “It’s Mel. Hey Mel. Lindsey left. What you need? Oh, okay. She wants it on speaker.”

“Brian? You and I need to get together when you can. I never filed the papers you signed. I’m ripping them up. You’ve still got your rights.”

“Mel? Isn’t there a third party adoption? Can you file for that?”

“I’m not sure I could get it. But I guess I could try Justin.”

“Mel, I’d be glad to help you with a good family lawyer. You are a good mother to Gus. But I’m beginning to wonder about Lindsey,”

“She loves him Brian. She had a rough time growing up,”

“That’s no excuse Mel. Look at my childhood. Granted, I’ve just recently got my head out of my ass. But does she love Gus, or the money for him? Let’s get you on as a third party adoption. That way I can give you the check every month and she can’t cause trouble. Or blow the money."

“Okay Brian. I’ll be in touch soon about it. Thank you.”

Justin wraps his arms around Brian. “You've got your rights Brian. But I hope I’m wrong about what I’m thinking."

“What’s that, Sunshine?”

“I have a feeling you and Mel are gonna end up in a battle in court with Lindsey. Let’s keep the extra $1500 in that separate account. It might come in handy.”

The next day Brian goes to work and talks to Vance about Justin. That afternoon he leaves work and picks Justin up and they go back to Vanguard. The other partners talk to Brian and Justin and look at his portfolio. He walks out with a job in the art department.

Chapter 4 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:

I don’t know much about mental health. Just wrote this to suit story.

DAPHNE TAKES CHARGE

Chapter 4

*The issues dealt with I have no real knowledge of. It’s written this way for my story.*

Walking in the house Lindsey calls for Mel. Checking everywhere she could be Lindsey breathes a sigh of relief that she is alone. She is furious.

“How dare that little upstart call Mel? I am the mother of Brian’s son. I have a right to some money of my own. Anyway, when did he worm his way back into Brian’s good graces. I...”

“Lindsey! I don’t know what you think you are doing, but you are not entitled to a penny from Brian. The money he gives is for Gus, not you. If you want your own spending money then go back to work! Also, you can’t keep Gus from Brian. He pays money every month without fail for his needs.”

“He has no rights. He signed them away.” She huffs. Crossing her arms across her chest.

“You spend way too much time with Michael, Lindsey. I never filed the papers to adopt Gus. Brian has the same rights as you. So I have made arrangements to do a third party adoption.”

"What? No! He can’t have those rights! He signed them away. I will just get a lawyer and file to take his rights away," She starts to leave but is stopped by Mel’s voice.

“Once again, I never filed the papers. You do that Lindsey and not only will he stop paying for Gus, but I will stand behind his countersuit for Brian and I to take full custody of Gus. The only thing Gus is good for to you is to get money for yourself. Since we made other arrangements you see your funds drying up. As I said, Get! A! JOB!”

Lindsey grabs her purse and heads out. Mel sits there and wipes tears from her eyes. Picking up her phone she calls Brian.

“Brian, it’s Mel. I just had it out with Lindsey. I have a paper stating you have your rights to Gus to get to you plus a stamped legal copy of Gus birth certificate. Also, can you meet me at 3 at David Enright’s office? He texted me that a judge will grant me my adoption of Gus, plus he will appoint Justin as his legal guardian. I’m glad I took Gus to Jennifer Taylor. She knows not to let Lindsey take him. I think she is going to file for full custody of him. We can take steps to prevent her from being alone with him. Brian, I don’t know why but she sounded... um.. I don’t know how to say it, but she just didn’t sound right. Okay, I will see you and Justin at 3. Bye.”
___________________

At Jennifer’s house-

“Hello? This is Jennifer.”

“Hi Jennifer. It’s Lindsey. Do you have Gus? You do? Oh good. Mel is gone. If she has him she will take him with her. I’m going to come pick him up. I’ll be there in a half hour... What do you mean I can’t take him?… Just have him ready.”

“Brian? It’s Mom. Lindsey is headed over this way to get Gus... She said a half hour. She got very agitated when I told her he wasn’t to leave my house. Okay, I will lock everything up and not answer until you and Justin, Mel, or the police, get here.”

Fastening all the deadbolts and securing the windows Jennifer carried Gus upstairs. She sees Lindsey outside earlier than expected. Shortly after that the police and Mel arrive, along with a man who she recognizes as David Enright. Lindsey has a tire iron in her hand and swings it at the police trying to get to Melanie. One of the officers distracts her as another hits her hand with a billy club to disarm her. After cuffing her she’s read her rights and shown the paper asking to take custody away from her, citing she has mental problems. It also asks that she be examined by a psychologist. She still struggles but is wrestled into the police car while screaming profanities.

Jennifer opens the door to let Mel, Brian, and Justin enter. Gus is awake and upset. He reaches frantically for his daddy. Brian takes him to a rocker and soothes him, talking softly. Melanie is barely holding it together, so Jennifer holds her. Justin goes to support Brian as he looks very upset. As Brian calms under Justin’s rubbing his back, Gus calms as well.

Later, Jennifer gets a small glass of white wine for her and Mel and a small glass of Beam for Brian and Justin.

“Do you think we should call Nancy and Ron and tell them Mel?”

“Maybe call Lynette first. I don’t like her but she is more level headed than Ron and Nancy.” Picking her cell up she calls Lynette and tells her everything that has happened.

“Lynette thinks that you two getting back together has sent her over the edge. Brian, it’s not your and Justin’s fault. You both stood up to her. Especially you Brian. We had no way of knowing this would happen,” She kneels down in front of Brian taking his hand. “What’s important is your relationship, with Justin and you and I raising Gus together. Okay?”

“You are right.” Mom? I’m counting on you, Justin, and Mel to help keep my head straight.”

End Notes:

Hope you liked it.

Chapter 5 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:

Since David Enright was there, the adoption and guardianship papers were signed. Brian had his rights back. The lawyer was going to see to it that Lindsey lost her rights to Gus. Melanie knew that her marriage was probably over. Brian and Justin signed papers for an LDP.

DAPHNE TAKES CHARGE

CHAPTER 5


Since David Enright was there the adoption and guardianship papers were signed. Brian now had his rights back. The lawyer was going to see to it that Lindsey’s rights were taken away. Melanie knew that her marriage was probably over. Also, Brian and Justin signed an LDP.

____________________

Nancy and Ron Peterson’s residence-

“Mom! You can’t get Lindsey out of the hospital! She has to be evaluated!"

“Lynette! Why are you talking about your sister like that? She talked just fine when we visited her.” Nancy sat wringing her hands.

“Mom, ever since Lindsey slept with Brian Kinney in college she has dreamed of being married to him.”

“He’s a very successful man and good looking. He had Gus with her. Why shouldn’t they get married?”

“Nancy! He’s a gay man! He’s not bisexual, though Lindsey has said he was. He informed Lindsey of that at her 21st birthday party when she tried to introduce him as her fiancé. Very bluntly, I might remind you. He was found naked with one of the waiters in the gazebo.” Ron spoke up in exasperation. “If she won’t let them examine her she goes on to jail. She went wild at Jennifer Taylor’s house. She grabbed a tire iron and went after Melanie. She hit two of the police officers. You would do better to encourage her to cooperate with them.”

“I suppose so. Where did we go wrong?” Hearing her husband scoff she says "Okay, okay, I know you said I let her get by with a few things growing up,"  

“Mother, she simply imagined her white picket fence family life until she convinced herself it would happen. I believe when Brian met Justin Taylor she saw her dreams falling apart. They had a rough time of it, but they recently signed Legal Domestic Partnership. They are as married as two gay men can be. Let Daddy and I handle her. You are too easily manipulated by her. She needs help."

Meanwhile, Brian and Justin go to see Melanie.

“Mel, we’d like to talk to you. I don’t know if you are aware, but Justin I own the whole loft building now. Right now we are the only residents except for Mrs Belmont on the third floor. Justin and I are going to take the loft below us for a studio and two bedrooms. We will have a bathroom between the bedrooms. The sink in the kitchen will be for Justin to use. We are putting a bar along the side with the one window with stools. An apartment sized fridge and coffee pot can sit on one end of it. We thought that you could take the fourth floor loft. It has three bedrooms and two baths. You talked about having a child of your own someday, so there would be plenty of room. No charge Mel. Isn’t it possible Lindsey may get probation and community service? We’d feel better with you and Gus here. Please consider it.”

“Brian, I don’t know what to say. Oh goodness, it would be nice to choose who I want to let in. Oh hell. Why not.” Mel grabs Brian in a hug. “As owner you are responsible for maintenance right? You guys watch Gus while I start packing." 

Someone knocks on the door. Daphne comes in. “Was just talking to Mrs Belmont. She’s bored needs something to do. What’s going on?”

After being filled in Daphne says, “Look, Gus knows her right? Why not get her to watch Gus and we can all help Mel pack? My cousins have a truck. I’m sure they will help pack her and move. Let me call them.”

Later that evening they are all sitting around eating the food Emmett provided for them. Mel was moved in, though there had been quite the discussion on the furniture.













End Notes:

Brian and a Justin are a definite couple and with Mel’s move will be sharing the care of Gus.

Chapter 6 by Frosty70
6.

Things were going quite well for the Tremont family. Gus loved Mrs. Belmont. Whoever got home first, would get Gus and keep him until Mel got home.

Justin split time between school and work. He had an hour each day to paint at his school studio and he also painted for an hour, at least two or three times a week, while Brian checked his email and worked on the next day's work. They all got in the habit of eating together on Sundays. Oftentimes they invited Ted, Emmett, and their partners over. Gus loved Mrs. Belmont and she adored Gus. Brian loved spending time with his sonny boy. On Saturdays, Brian and Justin would take Gus to the park leaving Mel to have time to herself.

The news on Lindsey wasn’t good. She had been told in court she had to get counseling, but she kept saying she didn’t need it. Justin told Mel that Lindsey needed to spend a few days in jail to see what could happen if she continued not to cooperate. Brian agreed. A couple of days later, an angry Nancy Peterson confronted Mel in her office.

“How dare you tell them to jail Lindsey! She needs help, not jail. She should be at home.” Mother and daughter were a lot alike as Nancy had tears in her eyes.

“Mrs. Peterson, Lindsey tried to use a crowbar on me and she did hit two officers. She most certainly does not need to be free at this time. The court told her - not me, Brian, or Justin - that if she didn’t cooperate and get counseling, she would go to jail. Anyway, would you want to be held responsible for her seriously injuring or killing someone?”

Nancy turned and stalked away. Melanie took a deep breath and let it out. She was so glad Brian and Justin talked her into moving into the loft. They had put in a new security system with cameras. Mrs. Belmont had pictures of Lindsey, her sister, and her parents. She even had a picture of Debbie and Michael. Lindsey could be very manipulative and had often worked her wiles on Debbie and Michael.

On entering her loft, she heard the buzzer go. Answering it, she heard Carl ask to come up. She texted Brian and Justin to come downstairs and why. Once they were all there, Carl began to talk.

“Lindsey had a severe breakdown today. She was in a cell with another woman and they got into an argument. The woman slapped Lindsey and she shoved her down and began to choke her. She broke bones in her throat. Officers tased her and performed a tracheotomy on the women. She’s being charged with attempted murder. She was examined by a psychiatrist for two hours and he deemed her sane enough to stand trial.”

“Carl, you know Nancy Peterson is going to fight this. She confronted me while she was out shopping today and was saying Lindsey belongs at home.”

“It won’t do any good, Mel. Dr. Bridges, the state psychiatrist, did the examination, and then Alex Wilder and another psychiatrist watched the video that was made, and agreed with the original diagnosis.”

Once Carl left, they were stunned. Brian got up, then sat down, and then was back up again. Melanie approached him and put her arms around him and held him tightly. She mouthed, ‘call your mom’ to Justin who mouthed back, ‘texted her’.

“Let it out, Brian. There’s no shame. You’ve lost a close friend and I have lost a wife. Gus... OMG... how do we tell him someday?”

Jennifer and Daphne got there.

“Jenn,” Brian said. She put her arms out, Daphne joined them as they formed a circle holding each other.

Jennifer said, “Gus is young. Wait until he’s older to tell him. Surely they will perform more tests on her. This happened too fast. There has to be more to it. Mel, is Lindsey taking any medication?”

“Not that I know of, Jenn. But it wouldn’t surprise me if she was. You know what? I’m her POA. I’ll contact her doctor and talk to him.”

Brian sat there for a minute, “Maybe I could talk to Alex Wilder and see what he thinks about this. I’ve always thought she could have benefited from counseling. Her folks really did a number on her. But I wouldn’t bring it up, because I probably needed it as well from my childhood. Since I have opened up to Justin, we have talked about everything. He actually helps me a lot.”

He reached over and pulled Justin onto his lap, happy just to hold him close. Justin snuggled his head under Brian’s chin.

Later, they ordered take out and after eating, everyone went to their homes.

“Stressed, hun?” Justin asked, while massaging Brian’s temples.

“Some, yes. I can’t figure Linds out. That feels good, baby.”

“Well, I think it’s time we indulged in some of our favorite stress relief. What do you think? Whoaaa! Brian!”

Brian had stood up and thrown Justin over his shoulder. He carried him to the bedroom and undressed him. Laying him down he started at his head and worked his way down. Bypassing the hard weeping cock, he kisses, nips and licks down one leg and up the other. Licking a swipe up his cock, he nibbled gently around the head then slid it down his throat. He continued to alternate licking and nipping and deep-throating it. Finally, when Justin’s cock was so hard it was purple-looking and his nuts were drawn up tight, he grabbed the lube and started opening him up. “Bri, please, I don’t need that. Just fuck me!”

Jus, did you get your results? I was negative.”

“So was I.”

“Do you want to? I haven’t been with anyone since we got back together.”

“Me neither, Bri. Oh yes. I’d love for us to be exclusive.”

Placing his legs on his shoulders, Brian slipped slowly but steadily into Justin’s tight hole.

“Oh, Justin. This is so good. You have to feel this next.”

“Oh, Brian. I can feel every bit of you. So good. So very good.”

Later after they showered, they lay with Brian's head nestled on Justin’s shoulder.

“l love you, my sunshine. So very much. I’m so glad you are in my life.”

“I love you too, Bri. There’s no place else I’d rather be.”
Chapter 7 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
This is the last chapter.
DAPHNE TAKES CHARGE



‘7’

After talking to the State Psychiatrist Mel told Brian and Justin that Lindsey showed no signs of drug use. There were no signs of deterioration of the Brain that would show former drug use as well. The doctors felt it was not a genetic condition. Because of her violent temper they were confining her to a psych ward in a maximum security prison. She would be under a psychiatrists care, but they had little hope she would change as she refused to take the doctor seriously.

Jennifer came over and they sat down with Gus and simply told him that his Mommy was bad sick and was in a special hospital. They explained that she would get very angry and get out of control striking out in anger at others. Alex Wilder said he was available if they felt they needed to talk.

Life went back to the normal routine for Brian and Justin. Well as normal as possible. Michael kept fussing because Brian only went to Babylon with Justin along. They only danced with each other and went to the back room together for Justin to give Brian a blowjob. A point was made when Michael followed Brian and had the displeasure of seeing Brian go down on Justin. It also didn’t help that when they were back at the bar Brian and Justin ignored Michael’s screeching while kissing. Finally two bouncers hauled him out telling him if he couldn’t leave the kings alone and keep his mouth shut not to come back.

Michael tried a couple dates with a college professor. But he ended it saying he wanted to date someone who paid attention to the person he was with not talk about a childhood crush.

Michael tried to go back to running after Brian but he only got ignored. Brian finally stood in the diner and loudly told Michael that even if He had never met Justin that Michael never had a chance. Palm Beach was a childhood fantasy he always thought of as a joke. Why did he take that serious when he never planned on living past 30? That the scarfing wasn’t just getting off it was a genuine attempt at suicide.

Michael claimed smugly, “But I stopped you. You never tried again because you care too for me.”

Shaking his head and taking Justin’s hand Brian said, “Michael, when you stopped me I was grateful to you. In spite of what I was doing I realized I had someone who loved me for me. That someone was Justin.”

When Michael started to speak, Brian put his hand up. “ When Justin was bashed I blamed myself. But you know what? Chris had no way of knowing l would be showing up. Yet he had the bat with him at a hotel prom. Justin had a lot more bullying he dealt with from Chris than he told.about.”

“Yet I pushed Justin away. I tried to keep away from him when Jennifer let me know she blamed me and wanted me to leave him alone. She gave him back to me when he exploded and destroyed his room and shoved his mother down. I was the only person he trusted. Oh I dealt with his temper more than once while he was recovering.”

Justin places a hand on Brian’s arm. “ Michael I didn’t make it known but I needed to talk about the prom and what happened. But Brian wouldn’t talk about it. So he took me to Alex Wilder for counseling. After ten sessions and my progress coming to a halt. Alex kept the time before him open. He watched and caught Brian bringing me to my appointment. He convinced Brian to come in for my own chance to get my head straight.”

“It was the hardest thing in the world for me to admit it. But after the third session, I knew I needed help. Also I needed Justin sitting in on the sessions. One morning I woke up to Justin holding me tightly and humming. He was humming the song we danced to ‘Save the Last Dance For Me’. I gently. Rubbed his back as he went from humming to a few soft laughs then a loud no. His eyes were panicked when he opened them. I told him he was safe . That we were at home and no one else was here. He looked at me with a strange look in his eyes. He said so much of our troubles wouldn’t have happened if he had remembered. Chris took that away from us. You loved me and was showing me in your actions that night. I remember everything. My classmates for the most part accepted that you were there. Just a few teachers and Chris didn’t like it. I understand why you pulled away. You blamed yourself plus you thought I would wise up and leave. But leaving was the dumbest thing I ever did.”

“I love Brian with all my heart. My crush turned into the real thing and the best thing is he openly shows me he loves me too. We will be together till the day we die.”

Michael sat there tears running down his face. What he was seeing on Brian and Justin’s faces was the end of his dream. A dream he’d had since he was fourteen. Part of him was in denial.

A young man steps up to Michael and takes his arm. “Mike I have been drawing Rage for you. Brett Keller still wants to make a movie. You’re the writer of the comic. I think we both need to go. My dad said he’d buy our tickets. What you say we give it a go together?”

A couple days later the two left Pittsburgh for Hollywood. It gave everyone a respite from the whining of Michael. Brian and Justin had some peace, at least for a while.

Does anyone think Michael will change while he’s gone? Come back more grown up? We all know the dream Michael has lived is deeply embedded. Michael has to want the dream to die and that won’t happen. But for now peace reigns on Liberty Avenue.

”””””””””””
End Notes:
This in no way was meant to reward Michael. I had so much trouble finding my muse for this chapter. I thought of stories where Michael was in jail and then came back. So there will be a Daphne Takes Charge2. Michael will be back and up to no good. Thank you for reading and understanding.
This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1527