My Father, My Friend. by Frosty70
Summary:

A little switch from the original series.

**It was originally stated Gus wasn't yet born. That has changed due to a plot point.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Craig Taylor, Daphne Chanders, Justin Taylor
Tags: None
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 27822 Read: 13811 Published: Aug 10, 2020 Updated: Jan 24, 2022

1. Chapter 1 by Frosty70

2. Chapter 2 by Frosty70

3. Chapter 3 by Frosty70

4. Chapter 4 by Frosty70

5. Chapter 5 by Frosty70

6. Chapter 6 by Frosty70

7. Chapter 7 by Frosty70

8. Chapter 8 by Frosty70

9. Chapter 9 by Frosty70

10. Chapter 10 by Frosty70

11. Chapter 11 by Frosty70

Chapter 1 by Frosty70
1.

Justin and his best friend Daphne Chanders were perched in the tree in his backyard. Justin wasn’t athletically inclined but he had managed to get to where he could climb to their branch without a repeat of the broken arm, he got the first time. His mom had thrown a fit about it, but his dad said to leave him alone.

Daphne Chanders looked at her best friend. "Why are you so quiet Justin?”

“Just thinking about the conversation that I overheard my mom having with her friend, Liz Windham. She saw two guys kissing. She told Ms. Windham those kinds of people ought to be shot! God Daph, she’s a total homophobe! If I had to guess, I would have thought my dad.”

“Why’s it so important to you how she feels? Your dad may have been a total jock in high school and college, but he’s so cool.”

“Daph! You know why!” At a look from Daph Justin looks behind him then says. “Daph, I’m gay! I thought you knew that!“

“Oh, that? You’re almost out of school, Jus. Who cares what she thinks?” Daphne shrugs.

“The day Kyle and I were studying in my room? He kissed me and then Mom opened the door. She almost caught us.”

“So, just make sure you don’t get hot and heavy while at home.” Nudging him with her elbow she asks. “How far have you gone?”

Justin grins. “Handjobs, blowjobs, and I topped him.”

“No! You didn’t! Ewwww!”

“He had the tightest ass. Thank God, he feels like I do. Neither one of us wants any relationships. But I need to find someone to take my VCard.”

“That has to hurt,” Daph says scrunching up her nose.

“Tommy Fetter said it always will a little bit. But you need to prepare them using your lubed fingers. That helps. He let me watch him, so I learned what to do. He’s a total player. And yes, Daph, he offered; I said no.”

Two weeks later on the day after Justin’s 18th birthday, Justin and Daphne were again perched in their tree; the two friends were listening to Justin’s mom and dad. The back door opens, and his mom yells for him to come inside.

“Craig, the kids are coming with me. No way are they staying with your perverted ass.”

“Jennifer, Justin is staying here. He’s eighteen and can choose what he wants to do.”

“What’s going on? Are you two divorcing, and why?” Justin asks. This has totally floored him.

“Yes! We are.” His mother tells him. “Your father has been lying to me. You! What are you doing here? This is your fault!”

Justin sees his father's best friend, who he calls Uncle Kent, come in. He goes over to his father and places a consoling hand on Craig’s back. Suddenly, Justin gets it. Oh my god! How did he not know?

“Mom? I’m staying with Dad. No! Don’t say anything. I’m gay. Before you start, I’ve known since I was eleven. I didn’t realize about Dad till just today. I’m going to Carnegie Mellon this fall, not Dartmouth.”

“You’d better think again, Justin. I control your trust funds. You won’t see a penny.”

“Mom, I’m eighteen. My trust funds were turned over to me on my birthday. I got a letter in the mail so I didn’t need anyone else’s signature. It’s in my name only now. After being accepted, I paid my first year's tuition and put one of my funds in a special account to take care of school expenses.”

Daphne placed her hand on Justin’s arm. Though Jennifer had kept looking at her disapprovingly, she had stubbornly stayed by Justin’s side. She knew he needed her support.

Only two days later, Jennifer had arranged movers, and her and Molly’s stuff was taken to Harrisburg.

“Dad? Can we talk now that Mom’s gone?”

“Sure son. How do you want to do this?”

“Since Daphne heard everything, we talked things out. Cleared my head, you know? I know some guys are closeted homosexuals, but ummm, are you umm, bisexual?”

“Yes, Kent and I both are. We’ve known, no we’ve accepted, that we were at least gay since junior high. When we reached high school, we realized we were attracted to both. Though we always leaned to the guys more than girls. Kent and I pretty much hung out together except for a couple of secret parties we attended that were all guys. Once in college and it was easier to hide, we were a couple for our first two years. Then the pressure set in and we decided to find girls to date, and then Kent got married to Meg at the end of our sophomore year. They had Skip the first year, then Rhonda the next. In my junior year, I met your mother, who was a freshman. We were married in three months. She was already pregnant with you, but no one knew. After graduating, I got a job in an electronics store that an older couple ran. Four years later, Molly was born. I made a good salary, as I had been made manager of their second store, so I bought that store after a year. When you were eleven, Kent and I bought their other store on the north side of town, plus one on the west side. Any questions?”

“You do know I’m wanting to major in art and business in college?” Seeing his dad's nod, Justin adds. “I want to get into advertising, and possibly someday run an art department. Does that bother you?”

“No son, your mother was all Taylor and son. Kent is the majority stockholder in the north and west stores. Skip is taking business courses and is taking electrical engineering. Rhonda says she will do the same next year. They will each take a store. Though you do own stock in all three stores, I know where your heart lies. Justin, I’m very proud of you.”

“Don’t get mad, but did you and Kent ummm...”

“The most we did was a stolen kiss over the years. It was damned hard, but we refrained from anything else. That’s what got us caught, we were seen kissing when Skip got his first hole-in-one. Yes, he knew, but with Meg dying young, there was no reason not to tell Kent’s kids. I realized you were gay by the time you were twelve and felt you should have a good childhood. Do you understand?”

“Yes, and I appreciate that. I’m gonna add I’m sexually active. Tom Fetter, Daph’s brother’s best friend, is gay. He and Joe were chaperoning a party one night when he disappeared outside. I got nosy and followed him. He knew I was there, and asked why I didn’t come on out if I wanted to watch. It was kinda embarrassing, but he told me what he was doing and why. He lectured me about safe sex which I knew about already. Eventually, he and Joe had a party. Mixed gay and straight, as Joe is straight. I topped for the first time there. Then he ran me off to Daph’s room, saying it would get too wild. As far as I know, there was either no drinking or they didn’t get drunk. Are you mad I did that? Tom said he wanted me told the right way of it all.”

“Well, I guess not, though I wish... no, what you did was fine. Um, son?”

“Oh, God! No Dad, I’ve never bottomed. But I know all about it.”

Kent speaks up behind Justin. “ Having that talk, you two?”

“No, he already had the talk. From an older friend. One who told him the right way of things, thank god.”

“Justin, does it bother you me being around your dad more now?” He sits beside Craig taking his hand.

“No. I think you handled things the best you knew how. Dad, you do know Mom left with Tucker, the tennis instructor? His family is loaded, but no higher than the Taylors are.”

“Yes, I did, Justin. I don’t begrudge her doing that. I just wish Molly could have stayed here. But, until she’s older, it might have been for the best.”

“I can’t believe I miss the pest. She misses us, too. Daph is in contact with her through email.”

A couple of weeks later, Graduation day came. Justin and his dad celebrated along with Kent and his kids, and Daphne’s family.

“Justin, are you going on with summer classes? If so, are you moving into a dorm?”

“But Dad, you’ll be alone here.”

“Justin, you’re welcome to live at home. But Kent will spend more time here if you move out. When Rhonda starts college, she’ll move out to live with her girlfriend. I’ll put this house up for sale and move in with Kent. Okay, son?”

“Wow. I can’t believe I’ll be on my own. There are some loft apartments on Mellon Way. I may look into them, and buy one. They’re supposed to be really nice. There are four stories; the top two are lofts. The bottom two are regular apartments to lease. Would you like to go look at them with me? Oh, yes to summer school. There are a couple of art classes PIFA has, that CM doesn’t. They said If I apply myself, I can finish a year by the end of the semester in December. By the end of the summer next year, I’ll have them finished as they are only two-year classes.”

“Justin, suppose we check out the apartment tomorrow evening. You don’t start the summer session for another week, right? Maybe we can take a trip to New York and shop for clothes. The big labels have a great fall/ winter line out now. Yes, son, you must go.” Craig laughs.

By the weekend, Justin had an apartment, and Daph lucked out with one of the rentals on the bottom floor. Craig obtained tickets to a Broadway musical over the weekend. Daphne’s parents gave her some money, and the two friends had a great time, though Justin grumbled about his fittings.

2ND YEAR...

“I swear, Daphne, if he doesn’t quit following me around, I’m gonna kill his violin! I can’t stand that catfighting music! I asked, and I can’t get a restraining order, because he hasn’t really done anything wrong.”

“Maybe if you pulled that rat tail off his face, he’d get wise and leave you alone. It’s gross.”

“Ewww, Daph, I don’t want to touch him anywhere, let alone his greasy assed tail on his chin!”

“Hey, did you know you can get into Boytoy? You’re old enough now.”

“What’s Boytoy?” Justin asked, grabbing another slice of pizza.

“Really, Justin? You don’t know? It’s a nightclub for twinks to go to. Tim Fetter told me to tell you about it.”

“I don’t know if I want to go there.” Wiggling his eyebrows and grinning he says. “I get all the action I can handle here.”

“But there’s... whatcha call it? Fresh meat there.”

“Whatever. You’re the one who wants to go, Daph.”

“Yes, I do! Please? Can we?”

“Daph! They’re all gay.” Justin looks at her like she’s crazy, knowing she’s winning this argument.

That Friday night found Justin, Daphne, and a few boys that Justin hangs with, at Boytoy. Justin got memberships for Daph and a couple of others. Partway through the evening, he was approached by an older guy. He was cute with long dark blond hair and a nice smile. But Justin knew a predator when he saw one. Taking Justin’s hand, he led him out to dance.

“I’m Brandon. I co-own this place.” After dancing for a while, he asked Justin if he’d like to get out of there. “ We can go to my place.” He pulled Justin closer so he felt his hard-on.

“Sorry. I’ve enjoyed dancing, but I’m a top.”

“You’re a top? Really?” He asked, looking him up and down.

Looking around and spotting Daphne, he says. “Look. I don’t care how I look I… don’t… bottom. I think I’d better go.”

Just then, two arms go around him from behind. “Is he bothering you, baby?”

Finally managing to loosen the unwanted arms, Justin turns around and shoves. “Get away from me, Ethan! Did you have to follow me here, too? I don’t want anything to do with you!”

Ethan grabs his arm and tries to pull him towards the door.

“Ethan, if you don’t leave me alone, I’m gonna wrap your precious Misha around a tree. LEAVE ME ALONE!”

Brandon grabs Ethan and shoves him out the door. “Look, I’m sorry I was pushy. Who was that greasy fucker?”

“He goes to PIFA. I took a couple of classes there I needed that CM doesn’t have. He’s followed me around ever since he saw me.”

A bouncer comes over. “I think he called the cops, boss.”

“You see what happened, Max?”

“Yep, heard and saw everything.”

“Let’s go outside and wait for the cops.”

Brandon, Justin, Max, and a couple of others walked outside.

The cops got there, and Detective Horvath took the lead. After talking to Ethan, he approached Justin and the others. Once he heard everyone’s story, he turned to Ethan. “Son, there is no basis for your story. In fact, from what I’ve heard, you’re stalking this young man. I would suggest you stop. He can file charges against you.”

Justin went to turn back to the club, when he spotted some guys watching what was happening. Standing to one side, was a tall dark-haired guy. Damn! Justin thought, he’s gorgeous!

Brandon got his attention. “Look, can we be friends? I’m not really good at that, but I’d like to try. I promise. No more hitting on you. You have some temper, and you’re stronger than you look.”

Justin thought a minute. “Why not? Wanta dance some more? Or do you have other things you’d like to do?”

“Let's go in. We can both look around.”

Later they were sitting in the diner talking, while they had a late snack. Justin loved the lemon bars. He got a glass of milk to go with them. Hearing the bell, he looked up. The same guys he’d seen with the gorgeous god came in, and took a table near the back. Brandon nudged him and gave him a look.

“What?” Justin asked.

“His name is Brian Kinney. The stud of Liberty Avenue. He’s the ultimate top. Never bottoms. One time and you’re out the door. Never a second time.”

“Well, since I only top, I don’t think that’s a problem then. But it’s a shame, he has a great ass.”

Suddenly a whiny voice pops up, “Bringing your tricks in here, Brandon?”

“Justin isn’t a trick, Novotny. He’s a new friend.”

“Whatever.” Suddenly Michael found himself looking at two angry eyes, and a hand had a fistful of his shirt.

“Listen, whiny boy! I don’t bottom for anyone. What’s wrong? Jealous you can’t find anyone that wants to come near your ass? I suggest you join your friends and keep that mouth shut.” Justin turns him loose.

Suddenly, Brian is there beside them. “Come on, Mikey. You need to keep your mouth shut before that ass gets kicked. Let’s go sit down.”

Eyeing Justin up and down, he grins at him. Then follows Mikey to their table.
End Notes:
So, Justin’s dad is bi. He and Daphne are in college, and Brandon is a new friend? Plus, he's had his first encounter with Brian.
Chapter 2 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Mention of past non-con.
2.

Justin was on his balcony, doing the outline for a painting. The balcony was surrounded with full double-hung windows you could open or take out entirely. Suddenly he heard a scratchy, screeching sound. That damn Ethan; how the hell had he found where he lived? He started to shut the windows when he saw a figure run out towards the musician. Daphne. Daphne?! Oh, fuck!

He hurried down, grabbing his cell out after seeing her grab the violin.

“No one wants to hear that caterwauling! Justin doesn’t want anything to do with you! No, no, no! You leave and promise never come back, and I’ll give it back. And shave that greasy-assed tail, and lose the pomade. Ugh!”

“Ian, it would be smart if you do what Daph says, and leave.”

“Ethan. My name is Ethan!” He yells, managing to grab his violin, only to find Daph wasn’t going to let go.

“Why should I care? Ian, Ethan, pfft. Just leave!” Justin yells.

A Security guard comes up and asks what’s going on.

“Ian…” Justin starts.

“Ethan!”

Glaring at Ethan, Justin continues.

“My name is Justin Taylor. I take a couple of classes at PIFA. Ian, Ethan, takes music there. Though I told him I wasn’t interested, he started following me around. Over this past weekend, he followed me to Boytoy, a nightclub. He actually made moves on me. He put his arms around my waist, then when I got loose, he tried to drag me away. A co-owner threw him out. He tried to cause more trouble by calling the police with some made-up story. Now, he somehow found out where I live. I did tell the officer that came to the club that I went to CM, but not where I lived, so I have no idea how he found out. I have repeatedly told him to leave me alone.”

“Ethan?”

“Gold, Ethan Gold.”

“I’d like you to come with me. Um, young lady, you can give him the fiddle now,” the officer requests.

“It’s a violin! I’m not leaving! If he’d only give me a few minutes to talk to him...”

“Mister Gold! You will be arrested for refusing to leave with me. I would strongly suggest you come with me. I don’t want to see you here bothering Mr. Taylor again.”

__________________________

Later that evening, his dad and Kent visited for awhile. Justin tells them all about what Ethan has been doing.

“Let me do some checking on this young man, Justin. I’ll see what I can find out about this, Ethan,” his dad tells him.

The next week, Justin gets a call from his dad, who tells him that if he meets him at their lawyer’s office, they can issue a restraining order on Ethan, as the young man has a history of stalking and harassing students, both in Pittsburgh and when he was in New York attending NYIFA. He even got violent with one student in NY, which caused him to transfer to Pittsburgh because he was close to being arrested and jailed.

After signing the papers, the police notified security at both schools and furnished them with a picture and the information sent from NYPD.

The very next time Justin was at classes at PIFA, Ethan started his following. Justin went straight to the Dean, who was close by and reported Ethan. Shortly after that, Ethan was arrested. He was actually sent to New York to serve his six months. He could no longer be a student at PIFA.

__________________________

Justin qualified for the internship program and chose Vanguard. He could pick either the art department or the advertising department. After his initial interview, he thought the ad department to be his only choice. He was floored when he discovered that Brian Kinney would be the one to interview him.

On the day of the interview, he wore one of his new Armani suits. After a short wait, he was called into Brian’s office.

“Mr. Kinney, I’m Justin Taylor. Thank you for seeing me,” Justin said, extending his hand to shake the other man’s hand.

“Justin, please call me, Brian.” Looking at Justin’s portfolio and his application, he notes the double major. “I take it the art positions were filled? Why do you want to work in advertising?”

“I like the challenge of creating an idea and presenting it to a client. By taking both as majors, I thought in a time-crunch, I could do both the art and the pitch.” Justin could feel a pull between him and Brian, one that had nothing to do with the job.

“I don’t know. You’re only a sophomore. If we had an art opening...” the unspoken thoughts were left hanging between them.

“Look, Mr. Kinney, let's be blunt here. I get that there is a non-fraternization policy. You and I have the same policy when it comes to tricks. I’m a top, but willing to bottom for the right person. There are two weeks before I’d be starting. Surely that’s enough time for us to get together for a single fuck. But understand, I want your ass too. Think about it. You have my number. It’s your call.”

With that, Justin stood up and put out his hand for a goodbye shake, (or was it to seal the deal?) Brian was stunned by the outburst, but he shook hands.

Justin walked out, saying, “Good day, Ma’am,” to Cynthia.

Cynthia came in and looked at Brian. “What the hell, Brian? He was more than qualified. Why is he just walking out?”

“He’s only a sophomore!” He snapped and returned to his files.

“In other words, you want to fuck him, and he refused. What the hell are you going to tell Gardner? You know he liked this one.”

At Brian’s blank stare, she grabs the yellow post-it and hands it to him.

“Well, FUCK!” He says, throwing the post-it down. Grabbing his phone, he dials Justin’s number. “Taylor! It’s Kinney! Get your ass back here! Now!” He met dead silence. “Dammit! Please!”

Cynthia leaves with a smirk, not even bothered by the scowl on her boss’ face.

Justin walked back into Cynthia's office. She looks at Justin and grins and lets him see the post-it. He smirks, ending in a full-blown smile.

Cynthia knocks and opens the door to Brian’s barked ‘enter!’ Justin goes in and sits down. Cynthia shakes her head and thinks to herself, ‘If he turns that full-beam smile on Brian, Brian will be truly fucked.’

Brian stared at the file for five minutes. Justin got up and looked out the window. Finally tired of the wait, he turns, saying, “Fuck this power play,” then starts to leave.

“You still want the internship?” Brian says, still looking down.

“Are you offering because you know I deserve it, or because Vance wants it?” Justin remains by the door, knowing he can’t give an inch if he wants respect from Brian.

“Fuck! You deserve it. But I also want your ass.” He threw the file down and looked at Justin. He gets up and goes to stand behind Justin.

Hearing the chair move, Justin quickly locks the door and turns around, allowing Brian to step up within inches of him. He runs his hands up Brian’s arms. Then hearing the intake of breath, he grabs Brian’s neck and pulls his head down for an intense kiss, their tongues battling each other.

“Can you start Monday?” Brian’s hand unknowingly started combing through the silky blond hair.

“Monday, not two weeks?”

“It’s already been approved. Can you be at my loft tonight?”

“Come to my place; there’s more privacy there. If you don’t show up at Babylon when Mikey thinks you should, he’ll be at your loft, and my loft is every bit as nice as yours.” Sliding his arms around Brian’s waist, he lets his hands slide inside Brian’s pants. “I want this sexy ass, too.”

“Justin, I don’t bottom,” Brian warns.

Brian tried to move away, but couldn’t. His hard-on started to ache from the rubbing Justin was doing, letting one finger run down his crease.

“Brian, we’re both tops. I don’t know if your first experience was bad, or if you’re a virgin there. But you won’t regret it, and no one needs to know. It’s Friday, so stay over an extra day.” Smiling wide, he said, “No walk of shame that way. See you tonight; sevenish?”

Seeing Brian pull his bottom lip in, before giving a quick nod, Justin gives one last squeeze and leaves with a, “Later.”

“Later,” is heard very softly in reply.

“Miss Moore, is there any more paperwork?” Justin asks.

“Just a couple of things to sign for HR to send to your college. Your name tag will be on my desk Monday, and it’s Cynthia.”

“Okay, see you then. Thanks, Cyn,” Justin says.

Cynthia sticks her head in Brian’s office and sees him with his head back and eyes closed.

“You okay, boss?” He glares at the grin on her face.

“What do you want?!” Brian sneers.

“Justin got his papers all signed, and HR sent his name badge up,” Cynthia explains.

“Good. I’ll take it.” He puts it on his desk. “I’ll let Gardner know I hired him, and then I’m headed home.”

__________________________

Brian gets home and takes a shower, jacking off. As he cums, a blond head with that big sunshine smile flashes in his mind.

He dresses in his usual jeans and tank top, then flops on the couch in the living room. He hears the door roll open. Glancing in that direction, he thinks, Fuck! It’s Mikey.

“What are you doing here?” Brian asks.

“I thought we’d go to Woody's, and then Babylon. Why? What’s crawled up your ass?” He flops down beside him, turns, and puts his head Brian’s lap.

“Geez, get your ass up! I have to pack for a weekend trip.” Shoving Mikey hard, he falls off the couch. Brian gets up and goes to his bedroom. His phone dings with a message.

“It’s me! Pack some cutoffs or gym shorts, as they’re easier to get off. Plus, I’m fixing a fruit and cheese tray: grapes, kiwi, and some blackberries. There’s also sharp cheddar and smoked Gouda. People talk, so I’m aware of your no carbs rule. Later, Stud, J.”

“Why can’t we hang out? Change your flight for later,” Mikey whined.

“Because I don’t fucking want to. Why don’t you grow some balls and go after someone for once, and quit following me around? You’re constantly watching me. I don’t need you stalking me all the time. I've gotta go, and I don’t want you to spend all weekend here.”

He shoves Mikey out the door, then ignores the pounding to get back in. He calls a locksmith to come and change the locks and codes. He goes back and finds some cutoffs that are years old and very tight. He goes ahead and packs a couple of pairs of jeans and sleeveless tees, that should do. He thinks he’s gone crazy. He sends a message back.

“It’s me, I’ll bring some wine. I found some old cutoffs, really tight ones that will show off my ass..ets. I’m waiting for a locksmith to change my locks and codes; I’m tired of living in Grand Central Station. See you soon. Later, B.”

Justin groans, then sent back, “Fucker. Why is it Grand Central Station? That’s riggght, Mikey. Later, J.”

__________________________

Brian stands and looks at Justin’s building. He calls Justin, “I’m here. Not much different looking than my building.”

“Come around to the college side. I’ll meet ya,” Justin tells him.

Brian pulls around and gets out just as Justin comes out. Justin gives him a peck on the lips, then clicks a remote. “Pull your jeep in there. No one will tell on you where Mikey can hear.”

__________________________

Arriving upstairs, Brian looks around. “This ain’t half bad.”

“Now, stud, stand still, and let me look at you.” He slowly walks around Brian, letting his fingers lightly touch him. He slides his arms around him, letting his hands slide in the back of his shorts.

“Jus...tin!” A groan escapes as he feels Justin kneading his ass.

“You have the sexiest ass.” He lets a finger slide up and down his crease. Feeling and hearing Brian’s breath hitch, he says, “No one's gonna know what goes on this weekend. It’s up to you and me.”

Justin sets the wine on ice, then pours some beam for them.

“Justin? How’d you get the beam? You’re only nineteen,” Brian wonders.

“Dad got it for me. He told me to behave myself and not get drunk, or get caught with it. Daphne, my best friend, is really the only one I let up here. So I should have no problems having it.”

Settling on the couch with their drinks, he takes a deep breath and comments, “Okay, I’ve never bottomed. Is it that you never have, or did you have a bad experience? Feel free not to answer if you don’t want to.”

Brian’s grip on Justin’s hand tightens. He closes his eyes for a few minutes, then takes a deep breath. “This isn’t easy for me, but I want to try to tell you. Just between you and me, you said, right?”

“It goes no further, promise,” he says, placing a hand over Brian’s.

“I told Mikey that I came upon the coach taking a shower and joined him, clothes and all, giving him a blow job. I did do that, but like a fool, I stripped. I… oh damn, this is hard.”

“Brian, you don’t have to do this.” He puts his arms around him.

“I want to. I’ve never told anyone, but I feel I can tell you. Maybe the nightmares will stop. After he came, he pulled me up and took me to his office. I was trying to stop him, but I wasn’t that strong, compared to him. He pushed me... pushed me over his desk, and started to ram into me. I panicked, and I kicked backwards and hit him hard with my heel. I shoved him away and ran out, grabbing my clothes and dressing in the restroom. Thankfully, no one was around. Justin, I-I... can barely breathe.”

“Head down, Brian. Slowly breathe in... that's it. Now out. Again. I’m here for you.”

After the panic attack was over, Justin held Brian while tears ran down his face. “Maybe I should leave. I’ve ruined...”

“You haven’t ruined anything. You needed to get that out. It’s over. He can’t hurt you. You’re not going anywhere. If you want to go home, I’ll go with you. You don’t need to be alone. It took a lot of strength to tell me that. Just be still, you’re staying here. Lay down with your head on my lap. Try to relax.”

Combing his fingers through Brian’s hair and rubbing circles on his back, Justin finally felt him relax into sleep. Justin thinks about how that bastard needs to be shot that did this. He finally dozes off, stirring only to rub circles when Brian whimpered.

An hour later, Brian startled awake.

“It’s okay. It’s okay, you’re with me,” Justin crooned.

Brian jerked away and stood up. Justin stood and framed his face with his hands, not letting Brian look away.

“Look at me. You’re not weak. You are the strongest man I know. I don’t pity you or think less of you. Let me help you through this. Please?”

After a minute, he gets Brian to go sit on the balcony, while he gets a glass of beam for them. Then he gets them settled on the loveseat. He figures Brian will talk more if he wants. He’s relieved when Brian pulls his right arm across his body. Justin puts his left arm across his shoulders.

“Do you mind if I try to talk more? I got the worst out,” Brian asked, looking down.

“You can tell me what you want.” He gently lifted Brian’s head to look him in the eye.

“He left me alone, but I know he took other boys in his office. I was afraid to say anything. If my dad found out, I was scared of how badly he would beat me. Finally, at the beginning of my senior year, I saw him arguing with another soccer player, who I knew was straight. When he tugged him in the direction of his office, I knew I had to do something. I saw a cop outside issuing a ticket. I ran out and got him and managed to get him to run back in with me. I told the cop over and over he’s going to hurt him. When we got to his office, the principal had joined us along with one other teacher. The boy was screaming, so they broke the door down. I couldn’t - no wouldn’t - look. They called an ambulance for the boy and took him to the hospital. He never came back to school. I don’t know how, but I was kept out of it. We got a new coach a couple of weeks later.

“I know that I should probably get some counseling, but for right now, I don’t think I can keep talking about this. Would you go with me if I did? No, forget it, we hardly know each other.”

“Brian, if you want me to, I’ll go with you. It will be between you and me, okay? I know I talked about wanting you to let me top, but we don’t have to. I couldn’t ask that of you now.”

“Thanks, Justin. Could we just talk tonight? I want you, but I actually want to get to know you, unless you don’t want to. I just feel different with you.”

“Brian, we have the whole weekend for that. Or we could just hang out together and get to know each other. I can’t explain the pull you have on me. But I’d love to spend time with you. Do you think you could eat? It’s just cheese and fruit?”

At Brian’s shrug, and then a nod with a shy smile, he goes and gets the snack tray and wine. They kick back beside each other and eat and chat a bit about everything, and a whole lot of nothing. That night, Justin wraps his body around Brian and tries to help him feel safe enough to sleep.

__________________________

The next morning, Justin awakes to Brian’s mouth licking, nipping, and kissing his body. Crawling back up, he kisses Justin and says, good morning. He goes back down and swallows Justin whole.

“Ahhhh! Brian!” Grabbing Brian’s hair, Justin’s hips have a mind of their own.

Brian continues until Justin empties his sweet essence down his throat. He turns Justin over and gives him his first rim job. Finding lube and condoms near the bed, he coats his fingers and gently begins to open Justin up. When he has him begging for release, he turns him over, wanting to look into his beautiful eyes. Putting Justin's legs over his shoulders, he begins to push in slowly. He watches closely and pauses when he sees pain in those blue eyes. Bottoming out, he begins to rock back and forth moving in and out of Justin’s body. Justin starts to move with him, their thrusts get faster and harder, and the noises they’re both making, ramp their feelings up until they can’t wait.

“Cum for me, Justin.” With a shout, he cums, clenching tightly around Brian’s dick. He feels Brian jerk inside of him as he finds his own release. After pulling out, he looks at Justin, earning a smile of satisfaction.

“God, Brian, that was awesome.”

Brian gets up and gets a rag to clean them up with. After a bit, Brian turns to Justin. “I want you to take me. I’m ready now.”

Looking into Brian’s eyes, he sees nothing but trust. He begins to touch Brian gently with his fingers and mouth, exploring every inch of the bronzed skin he can reach. He licks the precum off Brian’s belly, then licks around the head of his dick. Sticking his tongue in the slit, he then sucks on the end of it; he hears Brian’s moans. He grabs a pillow and gets Brian to raise up to prop his hips up. Then he proceeds to massage his perineum, then nibbles and licks around his tight pucker. Pointing his tongue, he probes at him until he relaxes and lets him in. He inserts his lubed fingers one at a time, working on loosening him up for his large head. Pulling out the pillow, he places one of Brian’s long legs around his waist and the other over his shoulder. Slowly he works his way in until he bottoms out, then he begins to rock in and out rotating his hips around a bit. He loves the sounds he’s bringing from Brian, the hitching breaths, the gasps, and the oohs and aahs. Hearing Brian start begging for more and to go faster, he speeds up, their thrusts moving perfectly together. When Justin senses he can’t last, he begins to thrust into Brian’s prostate.

“Now, Brian! Cum for me. Let go.”

“Justin! Oh, God. So good!”

Collapsing on top of Brian to catch his breath, after a minute, he shifts a bit off his chest to pull out and dispose of the condom.

They go to the bathroom and shower, taking turns washing each other. Dressing in the cutoffs, the smell of the pre-set coffee calls them to the kitchen. Placing his hand on Brian’s, Justin cocks his head.

“I’m fine,” Brian assures him. “Telling you helped a lot. I decided that I will call someone for help since you promised you’d go with me.” Seeing Justin nod yes, he relaxes. “Now enough of that. We’re going to have fun. What can we get up to today? I don’t care whether we go somewhere or stay here.” Looking around, he sees a scrabble game. “Hey! Scrabble! Are you any good at it?”

“I’m the best!” Justin boasted.

“Let’s play a few games. Then we could go take a walk by the river. I’m sore, but not as much as I expected,” Brian admits.

They battled it out for six games. Brian came out on top by one point. Then they went to a nearby coffee shop and had a latte and an omelet then drove to the river.

They strolled along the footpath. Justin told Brian about his mom and how much he missed his sister, Molly.

Then Brian told him, “I have a son. He’s a year old. His name is Gus Abraham; he has two mothers. Lindsey Peterson and Melanie Marcus, although I’m not Mel’s favorite person. I was only supposed to be the sperm donor, but I fell for him when I first held him, so I told them I wasn’t signing him away. I’m not crazy about the name Abraham, but Mel wanted that name after her grandfather. Lindsey backed me up when I said that I wanted his first name to be Gus.” Taking out his phone, he says, “Here’s his picture,” and shows Justin the picture of him first holding his son in the hospital.

“He's gonna look a lot like you. I bet Melanie doesn’t like that,” Justin says with a chuckle.

Brian grins at Justin. “She’ll have to deal with it.”

“Wait! Nancy and Ron Peterson’s daughter? I know her family!” Justin exclaims.

“Go ahead and say it, Justin,” Brian said.

“She’s a bit of a princess, isn’t she?”

“A lot of one. Cynthia can’t stand her. She told me if I wanted to be able to help raise Gus, I needed to stop letting Lindsey push my buttons. She’s very manipulative, which she learned from her mother. I started paying attention to how she said things. When she figured out I wouldn’t bow to her wishes, she wouldn’t talk to me for a month. I went to Mel recently and told her Lindsey was only Gus’ mother to me. I admit she’s an old friend, but I only love her like a friend. I also asked her if she was so against me being the father, why did she squirt my sperm up Lindsey’s twat. Then I kissed Gus on the head and walked out. We’ll see how she acts next time I visit Gus. Before you say it, this is our weekend. I saw Gus on Wednesday when I told Mel what I did. I want to see where we’re going, before letting everyone know. Mikey and Linds will shit bricks and try to interfere. I really like you, Justin. I don’t want negative people interfering. Oh, I have a key to give you for the loft. The new setup automatically sounds an alarm if you don’t lock it, and punch in the code.”

“That’s the same one I have. Daphne’s got a key. I’ll give you one also, with the code. I don’t mind if we take our time. I think we are both in the same frame of mind. We both feel the pull. It’s a bit scary, yet at the same time, I feel comfortable with you. I really like you, Brian.”

“I know exactly what you mean, Jus. We’ve both had the same one-time-only lifestyle. But with you, I can’t get enough. Plus, I can talk to you openly. You don’t seem to judge me. But, if I need to be told off, I expect you to let me have it. I can be an asshole, and I’m stubborn, so we’ll battle at times. But if we always stay open and honest with each other, we’ll be okay, I think. Deal?”

“Deal,” Justin promises.

Brian pulls Justin in for a hug and a kiss. Grabbing Justin’s hand, he led him up a small path through the trees a short way from the riverbank. They come out in a clearing of soft grass, just big enough for them to lie down. Brian tugged Justin’s clothes off, then took off his. They took their time topping each other, enjoying the immense feelings they could give each other. Afterward, they sat and continued to talk. Brian thought to himself, ‘Brian Kinney talking’, but he had never met someone quite like Justin, so he was determined to do this right. There was a part of himself that wanted someone to love him; he was hoping Justin would because he already knew he felt deeply for him. He would call Alex and see about some sessions with him, being sure to let him know that Justin would be coming with him.

Arriving back at the apartment, they parked the jeep in the garage. They had called an Italian restaurant that Brian frequented and ordered some food for dinner. When Brian found out that Justin liked the old classic movies, he was delighted. They watched a couple of Marlon Brando’s movies, and afterward, they left the doors to the balcony open, and turned on some jazz music and sat watching out over the city. Coming inside later, they showered and then enjoyed some playtime in bed before drifting off to sleep, spooned against each other.

__________________________

Sunday morning, they awoke to the sound of Justin’s phone, with him thinking of how he was gonna kill whoever it is.

“Dad? A concert in a park and food is included?” He scrunched his nose up.

Brian laughed and shrugged. Mouthing ‘if you want to go, we can’.

“Just a sec,” Justin told Craig.

Putting his hand over the phone, he asked Brian, “Are you sure you want to go?”

“Justin, it would give me a chance to get to know your dad. Would you want us to drive separately?” Brian inquires.

He flops partly on top of Justin. “Oof! Goofball! Yes, Dad, Brian’s here. He’s been here the whole weekend. What park is it? Oh. Then it’s gay-friendly. Brian said yes, so he could get to know you. Oh, you’d do that? What time? You don’t have to pick us up; we’ll meet you there at 10:30. Bye, Dad.”

Running his hand up Justin’s chest, Brian tweaks a nipple, causing it to stand at attention. He dives in for a tongue-twisting kiss, and then he proceeds to work his way down.

“Do we have time for this and a shower? Shit, it’s nine, already. That settles it, playtime in the shower.”

They get up and hurry to the shower. After mutual blow jobs, they get dressed.

“Justin, are shorts, okay? After all, it’s on your side of town. I actually brought these cutoffs, and they look better.” He slips on a white wife-beater with them. They grab some coffee and drink it on the balcony.

They set off for the park, arriving at the same time as Craig and Kent, who walk towards them holding hands.

“Brian, this is my dad, Craig Taylor, and his partner, Kent Brand. Guys, this is Brian Kinney.”

They talked for a while, with Brian being pleasantly surprised at how well he got along with the two men. He was introduced to several men that had businesses that would be interested if he started Kinnetik, which was something he'd been contemplating. The food was good and plentiful, and the music was lively.

“Imagine meeting you two here,” a voice said.

They saw Brandon sitting cross-legged on a blanket they’d placed on the ground. “I’ve been watching you. I figured I’d let you know I was here. Surprise! Brian, you honestly look good in cutoffs.

“I won’t say a word about seeing you here. Novotny and Lindsey would have a fit. By the way, I noticed the hand holding. I actually think you’re a good match,” Brandon concluded.

Brian says, “We’d appreciate it if you didn’t say anything just yet; we want to take this slow, plus, he starts interning for Vanguard tomorrow. I think I’ll keep him.”

Thwack! Justin swatted Brian in the chest. “Brat!” Then he gave him a quick kiss.

Brandon gets up and looks at them for a minute. “I think I’m envious of you; you’re so relaxed together. Well, I’m heading out, see ya around the Avenue.”

After he walks away, Brian asks, “So, are you guys good friends?”

“You saw us that night at the diner, where we had a late-night snack. He helped me after Ethan called the police with his made-up story. We’re just friends, but we’re not gonna be best buds. Plus, he’s not my type.”

Pulling his lips in, Brian asks, “What is your type?” He asks, his eyes twinkling.

“Oh, a tall, chestnut-haired, hazel-eyed gorgeous man, who’s very smart, and very sexy. I definitely want to keep you.” He pushes Brian to the ground. Then with an arm across him, he just stares at the man becoming so important to him. ‘God, I hope we make it,’ Justin thinks to himself.

They find Craig and Kent and talk for a while longer, then say their goodbyes and head out.

The rest of their days spent talking, playing another game of scrabble, playtime in bed, watching TV, and later, their usual evening time on the balcony. All in all, it was a successful start to their relationship, whether it’s just friends-with-benefits or more. Both men are hoping for more good times.
End Notes:
I’ve gotten a start on Brian and Justin being together. Monday is the first day of working together at Vanguard. Brian’s back at the loft, but how long will he stay by himself?
Chapter 3 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Mention of attempted sexual assault.
3.

On Monday, Brian shook Justin’s shoulder trying to wake him up. He moved just enough for Brian to get up. Brian walked in the bathroom, pissed, turned on the shower and adjusted it, then went into the bedroom, grabbed Justin and slung him over his shoulder, and carried him into the shower. He learned some interesting new cuss words from Justin as a result.

Justin wore a light blue suit with a blue and white pinstripe shirt, with his tie matching the suit. He completed the ensemble with light blue half-boots.

Brian had on a beige suit with a blue shirt, and a beige and blue tie. He had on tan shoes.

They discovered they were both perfectionists. Half the morning was punctuated with Brian telling Justin that it just wasn’t quite right yet.

Cynthia walked in, grabbed Brian by the arm, and pulled him out of his office.

“What the hell, Brian! He’s learning, give him time to get it right. The pitch isn’t until tomorrow. Lord help me, you’re both perfectionists. Just what we need.” She punctuated her statement with an eye roll.

“Justin, what have you got so far?” Brian asked, returning into the office.

Justin stood up and proceeded to give his pitch. Brian stared at him, before asking him, “Can you remember that for tomorrow? That’s pretty damned good.”

_________________________

Halfway through Justin’s internship, Brian came in with a six-pack of cola called Pool Boy. He told Justin that sales were way down. Mr. Clayton Poole wanted a new label and name. Opening one, he handed it to Justin to taste.

“Oh my God, that’s nasty,” Justin scoffed.

Brian watched as Justin guzzled a bottle of water trying to get rid of the taste.

“Brian, how the hell do we sell this shit? How long have you had this client?”

“A couple of years. I changed the name from Poolside to Pool Boy and put a guy in a skimpy suit on the label. The label was selling the soda.”

“Has Gardner ever tasted this?” Seeing Brian’s shrug, Justin said, “I think he should taste this. Vanguard is putting its reputation out there for a lousy product. Maybe you should talk to him and have him taste it?”

“You think we should tell Gardner to drop Poole? He’s only thinking of the money, he isn’t going to drop it.”

“Let me talk to him. If he gets mad, I’ll tell him it was my idea,” Justin assured him.

A moment later, Justin enters Gardner Vance’s office.

“Sir, have you ever tasted this product?” He asks, placing it on the desk.

“Pool Boy? No, I haven’t, but it was selling well, until recently. I think it is a competitive market,” Gardner answered.

“Mr. Vance, would you try a taste of it? Tell me what you think?”

Opening the soda, he takes a big drink. Then grabs the waste can and spits it out.

“That tastes awful! How on earth does he sell this? Well, he wants a new label, so give him one,” Gardner concluded.

“Mr. Vance, with all due respect, sir, a new label won’t change the taste. Won’t it make us look bad to back a bad product? Has Mr. Poole even tasted this?” Justin inquired.

“You made your point, I’ll give this some consideration, then I’ll talk to the other partners. But go on and make the changes, so we’re ready for the presentation.”

Time passed and the new label and ad was created. Justin and Brian also worked on Remson, Brown Athletics, and Liberty Air. By the time his internship was up, he was able to make a pitch as close to being as good as Brian. The two had adjusted to working together and made quite a dynamite pair.

Justin finished his sophomore year and made arrangements to do his second round of summer school, beginning in three weeks. Brian surprised Justin with a trip to London, England. They took in the sights and did some shopping. They returned home after two weeks, stronger than ever. They found they had disagreements; you couldn’t say fights, because Justin refused to fight. He sat calmly listening as Brian threw his hissy fits. Then he would calmly give his side of things as he saw them. Not that he was always right, but when he was, Brian would grab a glass of Beam and go sulk on the balcony.

Finally, the day came when Brian drove away after one hissy fit, only pulling over and stopping a block away.

When his phone rings, Brian answers with a cursed, “What?!”

“Brian! Get back here,” Justin demanded.

Turning around, Brian drove back to the loft and quietly entered.

“Strip! Bed! Ass in the air! Now!” Justin had to bite his lip to keep from laughing at how fast Brian did what he demanded. Granted, he’d pop Brian on the ass when he’d smart off at him once in a while, and yes, it turned Brian on. Which turned Justin on. This hissy fit was staged.

Following Brian into the bedroom, Justin stripped off his clothes. Then he got on the bed behind Brian; they were both already rock hard. Justin smacks first one cheek, then the other. After two more smacks for each cheek, he lubes his fingers and inserts them, one at a time, with a smack after each insertion. Brian begs Justin for more as he starts to open him up, with Brian moving with Justin’s finger thrusts; Justin loves the sounds he’s pulling from Brian. He reaches under him and plays with his balls then jacks him off. It doesn’t take long until he comes, causing Justin to erupt as well. Brian manages to turn them both over and places Justin on his back. Brian lines Justin’s cock up and to his hole, then lowers himself down on Justin’s thick cock. He loves to feel the fullness inside him. Once done, they clean up, then place a towel on the couch, and sit naked on it.

“Figured me out, did you?” Brian asked pulling Justin to lean against him.

“When you left, you stopped a block away from here, plus you left the garage open. You don’t normally do that, so I knew what you wanted.”

“That’s the same thing you do to me, when you want to be punished. It’s a lot of fun.”

Their relationship was open, though they didn’t trick much. One week they decided to go to the clubs. Justin to Boytoy and Brian to Babylon with their old gangs. It wasn’t the first time it had been done. Justin got tired of dancing, so he decided to go home around midnight. He texted Brian letting him know he was leaving. Brandon said he would tell Brian to check his messages and headed for Babylon.

About one in the morning, he was woken by his phone ringing. He grabs his phone, thinking Brian was calling to tell him he was staying at the loft since he drank too much to drive.

“Hi, Brian. Brandon? What’s wrong? I’ll be right there.” He hurriedly dresses, locks up, then heads for his car. He hits the remote to close the garage behind him. Driving as quickly as he can, he heads for Brian’s loft. He gets there to see Michael, Emmett, and Ted outside, with Michael leaning on the buzzer. He grabs Michael and pulls him back, then shielding the numbers, he punches in the code. He goes in, then turns and shoves Michael back out the door into Emmett’s arms.

He runs up the stairs figuring the lift is too slow. The loft door is still open. He looks in and sees Brandon trying to talk to Brian.

“Good Lord! What happened, Brandon?”

Brian is folded in on himself, whimpering. Shutting and the door, he goes over and kneels in front of Brian.

“Brian, it’s me, Justin; what happened?” It takes four tries before it registers with Brian that Justin is there. He grabs Justin and pulls him on his lap, clinging tightly to him.

“Brandon?” Justin queries.

“I’m not really sure what happened. All I know is that we were in the backroom, and all hell broke out over by Brian. Emmett ran over there.”

Justin manages to get his phone out, just as the loft door slides back. Glancing up, he’s thankful it’s just Emmett.

“Ted and I got Michael home. I told Ben, who’s Michael’s husband, to keep him there. I didn’t give him any details.

“Brian got a blowjob. When the guy got up and left, this bear of a man grabbed Brian, and jerked his jeans down and wanted to fuck him. Brian fought him, but the guy was stronger. I yelled for Bruno, the bouncer, and I got the asshole off of him. Bruno took him to the office. He’ll most likely spend a night in jail for being disorderly. Brian wasn’t responding. Brandon got him to walk out of the backroom, and he had me drive the jeep, while he sat in back with Brian. He called you to come and deal with Brian. Nothing happened except a fight, because we got to him in time.”

Brian tucked his head into Justin’s neck and whimpered.

“Look, thank you both for jumping in and saving him, and for phoning me. I can deal with him, and I’ll text you in the morning if I need your help.” Handing Emmett his phone he says, “Put your number in.”

“Brian, how about we go to bed so you can rest?”

He violently shook his head no. Placing his hands on Brian’s face he says, “ Do you remember how you laid with your head in my lap and slept when we had our talk the first night we were together? Do you want to do that, or go to my place?”

Brian gently pushed on Justin and patted his lap. So Justin got up, then waited as Brian slowly got up. He sat down and Brian took Justin’s leg and laid it along the back. Justin tucked himself into the side. Brian sat with his legs stretched out alongside Justin’s and laid back in his arms, with his head laid against his neck. Justin held him tight, talking softly to him.

“It’s my fault this happened. I should have stayed out front,” Brian murmured.

“Brian, it wasn’t your fault. Do you hear me? Look at me. NOT. YOUR. FAULT. Have you had trouble before?”

“Not like that, no. He wasn’t taking no for an answer. I think he’d taken something. Oh God, Justin, I was so scared,” Brian admitted.

They sat like that for a while. Brian shuddered once in a while, but finally seemed to calm down.

“Justin, I tried to avoid it. But I really do need to talk to someone, don’t I? You’ll still go with me?” Brian asked.

“Brian, let me check the door and then get a cover. If you don’t want to go to bed, we can lie side-by-side here. I think it’s wide enough, okay?”

Justin secures the alarm, turns down the buzzer, then turns the phones down as well. He grabs a blanket off a chaise. He and Brian lie so they are facing each other. Brian kisses Justin deeply, holding him tightly.

“Good night, Justin. I love you.”

“Good night, Brian. I love you.”

_________________________

Brian and Justin slept in a bit. Brian started the coffee and was gonna call work, but there was a message from Ted saying he called Cynthia for him, and work was covered for the day. He told him he needed to deal with what he needed to. After showering and mutual blowjobs, they settled with their coffee at the bar.

Bumping Justin’s shoulder, Brian sighs and says, “I’ve gotta do it, don’t I? Last night showed me that much.”

“Yes, we do. Just remember I’m here for you. I’ll help when you need it,” Justin promised.

Grabbing his phone, Brian calls Alex Wilder’s office and manages to reach him.

“Doc, it’s Brian Kinney. I need to make an appointment. ASAP, if possible.”

“Is this about your father?” Alex questions.

“I’m sure that’s part of it. But it’s more than that. I… I... Justin, I can’t...”

“Keep it simple, Bri. You can say it,” Justin tells him, as he slips a paper over to him.

“Attempted sexual abuse. Not my dad though. There’s... there’s this thing that happened last night. I’m a mess, I’m having trouble coping. My boyfriend has really helped me with everything,” Brian tells him.

“Okay, Brian. Let me see my schedule… I can see you in an hour. Will that be doable?” Alex asks.

“That’s good, doc. Justin and I will be there,” he tells Alex.

Turning to Justin, he explains, “He’ll see us in an hour. But what about your studies?”

“They’ll be done. I’ll access them online. You’re more important, Brian. I mean that.”

Justin puts his arms around Brian and rubs circles on his back. “You can do this, Brian. It will be hard, but I’ll be with you every step of the way.”

Messages were sent to Emmett, Brandon, and Ted, informing them that things were okay. The big thing was Brian admitted to them that therapy was scheduled, but asked them to keep it quiet.

They met with Alex as scheduled. Alex tried to convince Brian to talk alone, but it ended with Brian walking out; Justin finally managed to talk him into coming back in.

“Dr. Wilder! I know you may generally talk to your patients alone, but you have to understand something. From the first night, Brian knew he could trust me. He told me what he’s here to talk to you about. During the night, I was called at one o’clock to go over to Brian’s loft. Now Brian wants you to treat him, but if you can’t do that with me here, then we will find someone else.”

The whole time Justin was talking calmly to Alex, Alex was taking note of how Justin held Brian. Brian showed complete trust and need for Justin. Well, it looked like he’d do it their way.

He got both stories of what had happened. Although he realized that Brian could function at work just fine, with what had just happened, his issues were the ensuing nightmares. He scheduled Brian to come in daily for a few weeks. How many after that, would be determined as they went along.

After a couple of months, Brian’s sessions were cut to three times a week. He was spending more nights at Justin’s, than his loft. He met with the gang on Friday nights, and willingly curtailed his drinking so he could safely drive to Justin’s to stay.

Justin would stay home and paint and finish homework that night. On every other weekend, they had Gus and took the toddler to the park together.

_________________________

Justin’s second internship was started in the art department at Vanguard. After a couple of weeks, Justin was installed in Brian’s office as they worked best together. Brian talked to Gardner and disclosed his relationship with Justin, so there would be no worries there.

Towards the end of the internship, talk started about the next election. Jim Stockwell was rumored to be throwing his hat in the ring for mayor, as well as Deekins, who was opposing him. Gardner talked to Justin about arranging his studies so he could work part-time for Vanguard. Gardner knew a good thing when he saw it.

That evening, after Justin and Brian had eaten, played, and showered, they were having their nightcap of Beam on the balcony.

“Justin, you do realize Gardner is going to want us to accept Stockwell’s campaign?”

“How can he expect us to take that homophobe in? I’d rather back Marvin Deekins,” Justin countered.

“If we say no, we won’t be working for Vanguard anymore,” Brian added in.

“Brian, in some of our talks, you’ve said you’d like to start your own agency. Why not start quietly working toward that? You, me, and yes, Cynthia. I’ll have money left over from college, so the three of us could go in together and start-up an agency.”

Brian was quiet for a bit as he mulled over what Justin said, then realized he would need to contact Melanie, as she had written up his contract with Vanguard.

“Hey, Mel, it’s Brian. Would you have a copy of my contract with Vanguard at the house? You do? Great! I need to know what I can and can’t do. If we come over, do you have time to talk? Okay, see you in a bit.

“Hey, Jus! Throw on a pair of jeans and a tee. We’re going to go talk to Mel. She has a copy of my contract with Vanguard.”

“Well, since the munchers are the only ones that don’t know about us, I guess that’s about to change. So, are you gonna look into getting things rolling with your own company?”

“Our company; our company.” Grabbing Justin, he swings him around.

“Brian, you’ll need to keep controlling interest, even though I don’t plan on going anywhere, as you’ve got me wrapped around your little finger.”

“You mean that, don’t you?” Brian looks at Justin with hope in his eyes. “Justin, would you sign an LDP with me? I’m yours, Justin. I love you.”

“I’d love to, Brian. Are you going to ask Mel to do it? Maybe not with Lindsey around, though.”

“Let’s see how things go with them. I can’t figure out why Linds hasn’t said anything. I thought for sure Michael would have told her.”

“You have to remember, Michael really hasn’t seen us interact.”

_________________________

“Well, here we are.”

“Hey, Mel. This is Justin Taylor, my boyfriend. Here’s a dollar for your services… and silence. What did you find out?”

“Um… Nice to meet you, Justin.” They hear a cry. “Oh, that’s Gus. I’ll get him real quick, Linds isn’t here.”

Coming down with Gus, he immediately goes to his daddy. After kisses and hugs, he goes to Justin for more hugs and kisses.

“Brian, how long have you two been together? Gus seems to know Justin pretty well,” Mel asks.

“Almost a year. Although I’d seen him on the avenue, we officially met at work. He was an intern in the ad department. He’s interning in the art department now. I want to start my own agency. Justin is going to run the art department and help out as an adman at times. So I need to know if there’s anything in my contract that says I can’t take clients that I brought into Vanguard with me if they will move? Plus, do I have to accept a client if I don’t want to?”

“Let me see.” Mel looks over the contract taking close notice of the fine print. “There isn’t anything that says you can’t take them if they want to move. You also don’t have to work with a client you don’t want. Are you talking about Stockwell?”

“Damn, sounds like the rumor mill might be true then. After Justin started his internship, Gardner had him placed in my office, since we work great together. Gardner recently asked Justin if he could rearrange his schedule to work part-time and keep working with me. We think he wants us to take Stockwell on. So what we thought would be best, is to locate a building for an agency, buy it, and have it ready to move into. But we’ll still go through with it, even if we don’t have to take on Stockwell. Now you know why I gave you that dollar,” Brian explains.

Lindsey comes in and gives Brian a hug and kiss on the cheek. “I didn’t know you would be here?” Looking at Justin, she continues, “Oh, I don’t believe I know you.”

“Linds, this is Justin Taylor, my boyfriend. We’ve been together for almost a year. Justin, this is Gus’ birth mom, Lindsey Peterson-Marcus. I’ve known Linds since college.”

“D-d-did you say, boyfriend? Well, this is a first. You know, Justin, Brian isn’t the type...”

“Lindsey, I know Brian’s reputation on the avenue,” Justin cuts in. “I was always a bit of a player myself. But Brian and I just hit it off, and we have a lot more in common than fantastic sex.” Take that Lindsey, Justin thought.

Justin looked at Mel, then at Brian. Brian was looking at the floor, but he could see a grin on his face. Gus sneezed, and almost lost his balance, giving Mel the excuse to laugh.

“We need to go, it’s getting late. Come here, Sonny Boy, and give your dad a hug and kiss. Tell Justin bye, too.”

Getting in the jeep, Brian laughed out loud. “Lindsey didn’t know what hit her. You do know how to read a wasp female.”

Later that night sitting on the balcony, Justin turned to Brian, asking, “You know - since we’re going to sign partnership papers - don’t you think it’s time you move in?”

“Jus, I thought you’d never ask. How about we move the rest of my clothes tomorrow morning?” Brian found his arms full of his blond.

_________________________

On Sunday, they moved Brian’s stuff in; his clothes were temporarily stored in the second bedroom’s closet. They had Craig and Kent over for dinner that evening, who had just signed LDPs, and dinner was a celebration for them. They told them about their plans to sign partnership papers themselves, and of their plans to start an agency together. Craig confirmed that talk of Stockwell running for mayor was sounding serious. They all agreed it would be a bad thing for the LGBT community.

Later that week, Brian and Justin signed partnership papers.

A couple of weeks later, Craig called Brian and asked if he could talk to the two of them. They arranged to meet at Craig’s house. After arriving, Craig got them drinks and they settled around the kitchen table.

“I’m not claiming to know exactly what you need in a building, but I found a couple that might work for your agency. How about I confirm that the real estate agent can meet us with the keys, and we can all go take a look,” Craig explained.

Picking Kent up on the way, they looked at an empty apartment building, but after seeing the inside, Brian said it wouldn't work. Next, Craig pulled up to an abandoned bathhouse.

“Seriously, Dad? A bathhouse?” Justin exclaimed.

Brian said, “Let’s look at this. As I recall, this place never took off. Bad location.”

Brian was very impressed by the layout. He explained how they could layout the rooms. There were glass blocks all throughout the place, but he knew these could be cleaned and reused.

“Justin, I think this might just be what we want. What you think?” Brian asked.

“Surprisingly, I agree. How much is this selling for? Do you know, Dad?” Justin questioned.

“$125,000, but I think you could get it for $100,000. Sons, Kent and I would like to help you with this; we’d like to put $25,000 down to hold this place. We know you both plan on pooling your money for the place. Justin will be out of college by the time this place is finished, so the down payment would be Justin’s graduation present, plus a gift for forming your partnership.”

“Let me talk privately with Justin,” Brian tells them. Pulling Justin aside, they discuss the proposal from Craig and Kent.

Coming back, Brian said, “How about we give you 10% stock?”

“Son, we don’t need that much, make it 5%. Brian, you’re family now, and we genuinely want to help you. We’re very proud of both of you,” Craig explains.

“Okay. you’ve got a deal, Dad. I’ll have Melanie Marcus make up a contract.” Justin walks over to Craig and pulls him into a hug. “Thank you so much.”

Justin wipes a tear from his eyes. “Allergies,” he laughs, then hugs both men. Then he turns to Brian, and hugs and kisses him.

_________________________

In the end, Brian throws in $50,000 and Justin $25,000 toward the building loan. The bank also authorizes another $50,000 to start the renovations.

After getting the building secured, they ask Cynthia and Ted Schmidt over for dinner on a Friday evening. He tells Ted not to mention anything about the dinner to anyone else.

After eating, they sit in the living room having a drink.

Brian starts, “After Justin started his art department internship, it came to Gardner’s notice that Justin and I work unusually well together. Justin was given room to work in my office. He offered Justin a part-time job in the art department. At about the same time, we became aware that Jim Stockwell’s name was being tossed about as a future candidate for mayor. Justin and I believe we will be offered Stockwell’s campaign.”

At Ted and Cynthia’s gasp, Brian raises his hand. “What I’m going to tell you, must be kept in secrecy.”

“I’ve been working for you for a while now,” Cynthia says, “and I think I know what you’re planning on doing, and I want you to know, I’m in. So, how much do you need?”

Brian then looks at Ted. “Ted, I want you to be my CFO. You are too good to stay at Wertschafter’s working in that cubbyhole. You don’t have to, but if you take the job, you can buy into the company. But if you choose not to, I’ll have to have you killed.”

“Haha. Very funny... boss,” Ted says. “I understand the need to keep this quiet. Are we going to back Deekins for mayor? His name is out there, too. And I’d also like to buy in.”

_________________________

The following week, Brian got with Melanie to arrange the contracts. The percentages ended up with Brian having 51%, Justin 30%, Ted and Cynthia each 7%, and Craig and Kent 5%. If something happened to Brian, Justin would get the company.

Justin took a part-time job at Vanguard; his contract having the same terms as Brian’s. The months passed, and just like clockwork, Justin’s graduation came, and Kinnetik was ready to go.

“Brian, Mr. Vance would like to see you and Justin,” Cynthia said, coming into their office. “He says immediately.”

The two men made their way to Gardner’s office. Vance looked up, saying, “Come in, Brian, Justin. This is Jim Stockwell. He’s the Republican candidate for mayor. He’d like you two to work on his campaign.”

“First, I want to know what you plan on doing for our city,” Brian said.

“I’m for making things better for our families. I’m going to clean up Liberty Avenue. There is too much perversion and drug use there. Some clubs have backrooms where all manner of perversions happen. I’m going to issue a curfew there for all ages. As chief of police, I’ve driven the area, and have witnessed all manner of perversions taking place on the street and in alleyways. These people will be charged with public indecency. The hustlers will be put in detention centers,” Stockwell boasts.

“Well, Justin, what do you think? Do you want to do this?” Brian smirked, lifting his eyebrow, questioningly.

“Brian, it’s not up for discussion. I’m telling you, you’re going to do this,” Gardner said, sternly.

Brian and Justin looked at each other. Justin shook his head no.

“Mr. Vance? Chief of Police, Stockwell? If I’m going to help a candidate or vote for one, I want to back someone who will be for all the people, without discrimination for race, religion, or lifestyle. You don’t have to approve of a person to treat them fairly. I would also think that straight people don’t go to Liberty Avenue as a habit. So no, I won’t work on your campaign,” Justin asserts.

“Gentlemen, I totally agree with Justin. Good day,” Brian remarks.

Getting back to the office, Brian said, “That went well.”

“I’ll most likely be dismissed immediately without severance pay,” Justin adds.

One hour later, Brian and Justin were informed to appear for a disciplinary hearing on Friday.

On the day of the hearing, Brian and Justin showed up with Melanie in attendance. In the end, Brian got his money back he paid in to be a partner, plus severance pay, plus pay for unfair dismissal. For Justin, Melanie successfully got a small severance pay, plus pay for unfair dismissal.

Brian walked away with $1,358,000.00. Justin got a surprising $12,000.

Brian phoned Ted and told him to put his notice in, as they were going to finish furnishing Kinnetik. The sign Justin designed was finished and ready to install. They would begin by working out of Justin and Brian’s loft.

Cynthia refused to work with the adman put on Stockwell’s campaign. She was dismissed with a severance of $15,000.

In two weeks, Kinnetik was ready to go, and they officially moved in. Brown Athletics, Remsen Pharmaceuticals, and Eyeconics were all onboard.

The weekend before opening, they invited their clients, along with all of the Liberty Avenue businesses.

Craig and Kent Brand-Taylor brought interested businesses from the country club denizens.

Brian and Justin, with Ted and Cynthia beside them, said their speeches and popped the champagne. Emmett provided the food. Kinnetik was officially open for business.
End Notes:
Brian and Justin, and Craig and Kent are now legal partners. Kinnetik has begun. Jack Kinney has not yet died of cancer. So that will come up in the next chapter. Justin is now twenty-two and out of college. Miss Molly is not as young as on the show; she's eighteen. She may appear sometime in the future.
Chapter 4 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
This has Jack and Joan Kinney in it. I have read back over it to correct some mistakes. It has not been beta’d.
My Father My Friend

4

Brian and Justin were at the loft because It was being sold. They spent the night as they had worked and were going to pack up or pitch some things Friday night and Saturday. They had the loft open as they were putting boxes on the landing to be taken down, as well the street door was unlocked. They had just finished looking at some trophies Brian had for soccer and track. These were going to be stored. Craig and Kent stopped by and were shown them as well. Craig and Kent took some boxes down and put them in the jeep. An old car pulled up and a man got out. They noted the smell of alcohol as he walked by. They went back in and hurried up the stairs, getting there in time to hear the man yelling about having came to tell Brian about having lung cancer and felt Brian, as a faggot should be dying instead. The man then left and staggered into the elevator. Craig and Kent followed him down and they convinced him to let Craig drive him home with Kent following behind. He wanted to go to a bar so they took him there instead. On stopping Craig turned to the man and stopped him from getting out.

“Mister Kinney, I’d like to talk to you about your son. No one knows why some people are born gay. But I believe you are born to be what you are. I know you resented Brian and took it out on a young boy who was not at fault. Brian worked hard to better himself. It is no put down of your life, though part of his motive was the beatings you gave him and the berating his mother dished out. I want to show you something. See this picture? Those are trophies your son won for soccer. His playing ability and his high academic achievements helped him go to college on a scholarship. He worked to provide what else he needed. Now he has started his own advertising agency with my son as his partner both in the company and in life. Brian is a man to be proud of Mister Kinney, not put down. Unfortunately you have a fatal disease. You could spend the time you have left getting to know your son and Justin. Brian said once you met your grandson, but you haven’t taken the time for him either. Don’t you think it would be worth staying sober long enough to try to mend some bridges in your relationship?”

“The warden would say he is going to hell. You really think he was born g..g...that way?”

“She should leave the judgement up to God. Yes I believe he was born the way he is. It’s up to you Mister Kinney. “

“Would you mind taking me home sir? I think I need to think over what you’ve told me with a clear head.”
””””””””

Later at home a couple days later, Jack mentioned to the warden that he had seen Brian he said,”Sonny Boy has a male partner.”

“Male partner! The devil has ahold of him. He is going to burn in hell!” Joan spit out in reply.


“Listen Joanie, are you listening? You may not want to believe it, but when I was younger through my early teen days I went to church with my grandmother. I know what the Bible says. But you know, man translated the Bible. But old woman, the commandments say Judge not, lest ye be judged! Yet, you stand and judge MY SON. I did a great disservice to him by beating him for my failings. I own that, I did it. You would do well to leave the judging to God. It’s not your place.”

””””””””-

Brian lay with his head in Justin’s lap, it had became a favorite thing to do at the end of the day.

“What are you thinking of hun?” Justin asked as he ran his fingers through Brian’s hair and gently down the side of his face.

“You are so lucky to have a father like Craig. To think that he talked to my dad. I’m trying not to hope he has a change of heart, though it is probably too late.”

“He did tell dad he wanted to think about what he told him. But we will handle whatever happens together.” Justin lifted Brian’s hand and placed a gentle kiss on it.

Brian slides up so he can gently kiss Justin and then rests his head against his shoulder.

“I love you Justin. I can’t imagine my life without you.” Getting up he holds his hand out for Justin to take. They go to bed where they take their time making love with each other. Then spoon against each other and drift off to sleep.


“On Monday Justin and Brian were in conference with the art department about several campaigns they had coming up. While Brian was talking, Justin heard a commotion in the outer office. Nodding at Brian he went out to see what it was. He found Joan Kinney out there in a confrontation with Michael.

“I insist in talking to my son! Get him now! His conduct is unacceptable. I WANT HIM NOW!”

“Michael, I’ll handle this, thanks.” Said Justin. “Mrs. Kinney, Brian is in a conference right at the moment. I’m Justin Taylor-Kinney, his husband. Maybe I could help you?”

“You are WHAT? You are headed for the fires of hell. The Bible......” she ranted.

“Says Judge NOT, lest ye be judged! Woman, hush your mouth and you are coming with me.” Jack Kinney shouted grabbing her by the arm.” Son, could you take her other arm and help me get this poor excuse for a mother out of here please?”

Taking her arm and with additional help from the guard they get Joan out of Kinnetik and into Jacks car. He fastens her in, telling Justin to lean against the door. Starting the car he pulls out,fighting Joan every inch of the way to keep her inside.

Going back inside Justin is faced with Cynthia blocking Michael getting into the conference room.

“Oh for Christ’s sake. Michael! What part of we are busy did you not hear? Now you need to leave.”

“You can’t tell me to leave. You are a lying piece of shit! You are not his husband!”

Michael steps up to Justin and raises his hand. Justin grabs Michael by the arm and with a quick spin he has his arm behind his back. With his other hand holding firmly to the loose arm. Justin quickly propels Michael to the entrance and shoves him out on the sidewalk, With orders for him to go back to work. Locking the door he quickly goes back to the conference room. He smooths his hair and taking a deep breath he goes back inside.

“Now where are we?” He calmly says retaking his seat.
Cynthia steps in behind him then laying her head on Teds shoulder she laughs hysterically. The guard sticks his head in.

“Still there?” Justin reaches over and grabs Brian’s phone. “ May I?”

On Brian’s nod he scans the saved numbers and dials.

“Deb? This is Justin Taylor-Kinney. Yes I said Taylor-Kinney. Would you be able to come to Kinnetik and get your son? Yes, we are located in the former bathhouse that closed down. Thanks Deb.”

He looked at Brian who cocked an eyebrow.

“Do I want to know what just happened besides Michael?”

“I handled it. Well, your dad and I with help from the guard got your mom outside and he took her home. Then with a little persuasion I got Michael outside. Debs is coming for him.”

Brian laid his head on his arms, shaking it,then looked up.

“You do know Deb will get Michael home then come back, don’t you?”

“Then we had better finish our meeting hadn’t we?” He patted Brian’s hand and said, “Now then. You were saying?”

Brian looked at Murph who had his head down with his shoulders shaking.

“Murph you ok? Cynthia? You too? What the hell happened out there?”

“Brian, I believe I have written down what we need on the different boards. We will head back to the art department and get going on it.”

“Justin Taylor-Kinney! Let Murph get started on the boards. I want you to tell me what happened out there! I want more than you handled it, though I’m glad you did.”

Justin goes over and sits beside Brian taking both his hands in his.

“ The commotion was your mother being confronted by Michael. I introduced myself as your husband to her and she proceeded to start preaching how we were headed to hell. Then she starts to say the Bible says when your dad comes in and proceeds to tell her that the Bible says Judge not lest ye be judged. He then told her to hush her mouth she was coming with him. He then asked me to help him take her outside. Oh, I just realized he called me son. Anyway when I came back in Michael was trying to get past Cynthia. He called me a liar about being your husband. He raised his hand to hit whereby I grabbed his arm and put it behind him and took him outside telling him to go back to work. You know the rest. Like I said I handled it.”

“Dad took her outside after quoting the Bible to her?” Brian stands up and approaches Justin.

“Yes, he did. Plus he was sober. Her, not so much.”

“You manhandled Michael to get him outside.” At Justin’s nod he steps over and locks the door then grabs Justin’s belt pulling him closer to him. “I think we need to take a break. You deserve a reward for what you did.”

Brian proceeded to lift Justin up onto the conference table, unzips his pants and pulling out his dick swallowed him down. Several minutes later he swallowed his protein meal and set Justin on the floor.

“What about you Brian?” He asked rubbing Brian’s hard on.

“That was for you. You can take care of me after the boards are finished.” He gave Justin a big hug and kiss and sashayed out the door with a sexy wiggle to his ass.
End Notes:
Jack Kinney, thanks to Craig has had a change of heart. How will Brian react when he sees him again.
Chapter 5 by Frosty70
5.

Justin brought the boards up he had completed for AT&T. Murphy called and asked if Brian could come and have a chat once again with Mary Sue regarding the Wagon Wheel Cafe. Justin set up the boards he had in preparation for tomorrow’s presentation. When he walked out, Debra Novotny was asking to speak to Brian.

“Mrs. Novotny, I’m Justin Taylor-Kinney. Brian is busy at the moment, but I could speak with you if you’d like.”

“No, I need to speak to Brian so he can explain to me why he had Michael taken out of here without taking the time to speak with him.”

“Mrs. Novotny, Brian didn’t do that, I told him to leave. When he refused and tried to hit me, I restrained him and took him outside. I told him he needed to go back to work. When I was informed he hadn’t left, I called and asked you to come and get him.”

“I’ll have you know, Brian always makes time to speak to Michael or me. You clearly don’t know what you are talking about,” she said, shaking her red painted nail at him.

“Mrs. Novotny! This is a place of business! Not a social club! We are very busy every day. Socializing is not something we have time for.” He glances down the hall and sees Brian standing just out of Deb’s sight. He nods his head at Justin. Giving the go-ahead.

“Now Mrs. Novotny, I have work waiting in the art department, now please, I would appreciate it if you would leave.”

“I told you...” getting in Justin’s face.

Not stepping back, he says, “MRS. NOVOTNY! I am not having you waiting for Brian. HE. IS. A. BUSY. MAN.” Punching on the intercom, he says, “Security! Security! Please come to the main waiting room.”

“Fred, would you please escort Mrs. Novotny out? If you want to speak to Brian, make an appointment. The days of you or your manchild demanding unnecessary time are over! Before you say I have no right, I am co-owner and Brian’s husband. We take care of each other. That also includes taking care of unnecessary stress. Good day, Mrs. Novotny.”

He frowns at Brian and waves a hand behind his back for Brian to hide. as the guard finally manages to keep hold of Deb’s arm and lead her out of Kinnetik.

Brian puts up one finger and as Justin watches, thinking I’m going to spank him, he is surprised when Brian places a hand up to Deb.

“I heard what Justin said and I agree with what he said. He is my husband and Michaely had no business being here. I’m not going to Babylon or Woody’s without Justin. As for breakfast? We have it catered in. Saves time and we can discuss the day’s presentations at the same time. Continue Fred. Thank you. Good day, Deb.”

Walking up to Justin, he grabs him for a kiss. “You’re not spanking me, twat! I’ve known Deb for a long time. She needed to hear me back you up.”

He goes to walk into his office when he is swatted on his ass. He jumps and turns around to see Justin blow him a kiss and laughing, he runs down the hall to the art department.

______________

Vic Grassi entered the home he shared with his sister after walking from the diner. He had a close call two years ago when he had a heart attack. They had gone in and fixed the damage and now he exercises by walking twice a day. He would walk to the diner and back morning and night and he and his boyfriend would play table tennis and pool at the newly fixed up rec room at the GLC. He felt blessed that the deadly disease within his body was being held at bay by yet another new set of pills and that he was able to qualify for help in getting them.

Oh Lord, what did Michaely complain to his mom about now? He heard her banging around in the kitchen and Michaely was on the phone talking to Lindsey. It had to concern Brian’s partner, ah correction, husband. Once he got Michael out of the house, he would deal with his sister. He sat down where Michael could see him and held back a laugh at the evil eye he was receiving from him.

“Linds, it’s true, Brian has one of those, whatchamacallits? Legal partnerships with this guy and they call each other husbands! We didn’t even get to approve him.”

With that, Vic barked out a laugh at the thought of Brian asking for permission. “Really? Brian Kinney did what he wanted with no apologies.”

“Linds, I’ll call you another time Vic is eavesdropping. Bye.”

“It’s none of your business what Brian chose to do with Justin. Leave well enough alone.”

“Of course it’s my business, he’s my best friend!” Michael screeches. “But he said nothing to me about this intruder.”

“Michael, the night Brian had to be helped home from Babylon because that bear was high and had him cornered, remember that? Do you remember fussing about the guy who moved you away from the door and wouldn’t let you back in? That was Justin Taylor-Kinney. They’ve known each other for four years. They’ve been serious about each other practically from the first of their acquaintance. No, Michael, they didn’t need you running around trying to get in the middle of them. He introduced Gus and Mel to him shortly after they got together.”

“Vic, I’ve been thinking, Michael and I owe Brian an apology. Well, he does have a business that keeps him busy. You should have left without a fight, Michael. I should simply have asked what happened, after all, it was Justin I was talking to.”

Later at his and Rodney’s place, Vic was telling him about Michael, Deb, Brian, and Justin.

“I know she will slide back and forth regarding Michael, but she is beginning to learn how to cut the apron strings from Carl,” Vic said leaning against Rodney who had his arms around him.

“It’s an automatic thing for her. Michael hurts, thus someone should fix it. It’s generally been, Brian. Give her time.”

______________

Vic was sitting in the diner finishing his breakfast when Carl comes in and joins him. They watch Michael get up and stomp out then grab his phone and start gabbing.

“What’s up with him?” Carl asks.

Before Vic can answer, Deb does, “He’s mad because I called Brian this morning and only left a message. After my behavior, I didn’t expect him to answer. However, he messaged me that he accepted my apology.”

Vic took Deb’s hand in his. “You’re lucky he answered. I called him and talked to him. They are really swamped at Kinnetik, they have Broadmore Cadillac, plus AT&T as clients now. Justin is just as busy, but you know how Brian is about work. Justin has been trying to help with both the art and the presentations. Brian says Justin majored in graphic art and Marketing. So he is more than qualified for both.”

Deb shook her head, “I can’t baby Michaely anymore, it’s past time for him to grow up and learn to let Brian go. Lord knows I made him do for Michael for too many years. I just hope Lindsey leaves him alone.”

Brandon was just walking by and overheard them. “That will be fun, Justin is a wasp just like Lindsey. He’s more than a match for her, plus Justin met Mel and Gus a long time ago.”

______________

Meanwhile, at Kinnetik, Brian was doing a pitch that Murph had done the boards for. Everything in the art department was going great, so Justin was making sure everything was in order for the afternoon’s presentation for AT&T.

Justin heard an uproar in the lobby, so he and Ted went to see what was going on.

“Christ,” Ted said. “It’s Michael and Lindsey, she isn’t going to want to take no for an answer.”

“Tough, we have too much going on today for idle chit-chat. Anyway, she’s probably upset about me. Mel told me she mentioned that I was Brian’s boyfriend and Lindsey dismissed the idea.” Grabbing his phone, Justin called for security to aid in their removal.

“Ted, we’re here to talk to Brian because he didn’t even tell Lindsey about this interloper.”

“Brian is in a presentation and after that, he has to prepare for another one this afternoon. Ted, I’ll handle these two, so why don’t you slip in so you can help handle financials.” Justin then turned to Michael and Lindsey.

“If you want to see Brian about something important you need to call him this evening, Lindsey. Michael, you were already told that we are too busy for casual chats here, so I’d suggest you call him as well.”

Lindsey draws herself up and puts the wasp look of disdain on.

“You don’t know who you’re talking to. I’ll have you know, I’m his son’s mother. He will want to see me.”

“I know who you are, Lindsey Marcus-Peterson. I’ve met Melanie and had the pleasure of talking to her several times when Brian and I have picked up Gus for a trip to the park. I’m afraid you don’t know who I am. My Grandpa and Grandma Taylor started the Belle Aire Country Club forty years ago. As I said, you are NOT interrupting Brian while he’s busy working. Security, please see that Mr. Novotny and Miss Peterson are seen out. Lock the door after them, please. Thank you.”

With that, he turned around and went back to Brian’s office and continued going through the files for the week, ignoring the protests behind him.

Cynthia sent a message to Justin to call Mel since she should be on lunch. ‘Why?’ He sent back, ‘I took care of Lindsey.’ ‘Gus’ was the single message back.

“Hello? This is Justin Taylor-Kinney. I would like to request that Melanie Marcus give me a call at her convenience today? Okay, that will be fine. My number is 429-5509. Thank you.” He continued to work for twenty more minutes before his cell rang.

“Hi, Mel. Did you hear from Lindsey yet? Well, I’m trying to head off Brian having trouble seeing Gus this weekend. She and Michael stopped by and wanted to see Brian, but he was in a presentation and has another one this afternoon. I tried telling Michael we have been too busy just to chat, but he isn’t listening. Yes, we are swamped with new clients.”

“Christ, Justin! Why can’t she understand that Brian’s business pays Gus’ support? You tell Brian to call me Friday night about seven and arrange to come to get Gus Saturday. He can keep him for the weekend if you’d like. As to Michael, all he has done since you came on the scene is complain. He was talking to Lindsey at our house last night. Seems Deb told him to stop expecting Brian to be at his command anymore. Frankly, it was about time that happened. Justin, you’re the best thing that happened to him.”

“Okay, thanks, Mel. See you Saturday sometime. Bye.”

Two arms came around him and his hair was moved out of the way so Brian could plant a series of kisses on Justin’s neck. “So, Lindsey and Michael showed up?”

“Yes. She tried to pull wasp rank, but I shot her down. My dad’s family is higher, not that it’s that important to me. Mel says you are to call her about seven Friday night and arrange to get Gus Saturday. Is that okay? We could sleep in and take him to lunch?” Justin said while caressing Brian’s tummy.

“That should work, hun. That feels good. Things ready for this afternoon?”

“The boards are over there, I’ll set them up after we have some lunch. Emmett should be here any minute with it.”

“You two owe me,” Emmett said as he came in with two boxes of food. “Michael came in behind me and I shoved him back out the door. I locked it behind me. I have two nice healthy salads for you. Turkey and chicken slices for you, Brian, with a nice piece of cheddar and Swiss cheese. Mixed greens, eggs, radishes, celery, carrots, peppers, and tomatoes. Justin, the same but ham instead of chicken. There is an herbed oil and vinegar dressing or Bleu cheese to go on it with a few crackers. Good enough?”

“Sounds good, Honeycutt. They’ll be filling too. Have a seat and chat awhile.” Brian and Justin sat at the small table to eat while the three chatted about what had been going on.

That evening, they decided to stop at Deb’s before going home.

“Hey, Deb. How are you and Carl doing?” He endured one of her big hugs and accepted the kiss as well, knowing he was long overdue visiting her. “This is my husband, Justin Taylor-Kinney. Thought I’d officially introduce you to him.”

“Oh my goodness! Isn’t he the cutest thing?” She grabs him in a big hug, then looks him over and gives him a swat on the ass. “I wasn’t really paying attention to his looks. I was too busy being an asshole. I’m sorry about that, Justin. You two are eating here. Carl? Do you know Justin?” She bustled on into the kitchen to check dinner.

“Oh, you were the young man who had trouble with that young man stalking you. It’s a pleasure to meet you under better circumstances. Come sit down you two. Brian, I believe he’s a bit shell-shocked by Deb’s ways. Just relax and have a meal you don’t have to cook.”

After having a nice chat and enjoying two hearty bowls of Vegetable beef soup with slices of apple pie ala mode, they headed home.

“Oh, Carl! Isn’t Justin the nicest young man and I realize now how well suited he is for Brian. I do wish Michael would just be happy with Ben. Ben’s a saint to put up with his rampages about Brian changing. Down deep, I knew someday he’d find someone. I also knew it wouldn’t be Michael. Brian needs someone to support him and, well, do exactly just as Justin did with Michael and me, and then Lindsey and Michael today.”

_________________

Meanwhile, Lindsey was complaining to Mel about Justin’s actions today. “Linds honey, you know that Brian is a busy man. He can’t put his clients off to talk to you. Don’t say it, Lindsey. We know you are the mother of his son, but you aren’t more important than his husband, son, or his business. You might as well accept that Justin is going to protect Brian from people who stress him out.”

“I don’t stress him out. He should treat me with respect the way I deserve!”

“If you want respect, then respect his wishes. Don’t demand things, you don’t need or deserve. I noticed when I first met Justin that Brian was changing. Justin is good for him and I for one, am glad he has him in his life. You do know who his dad is? Taylor Electronics?”

“Humph! He let me know his family was higher than mine. I couldn’t believe he did that,” Lindsey says.

“You obviously did your ‘you don’t realize who I am’ routine. So you got what you deserved, Lindsey. Accept it and settle down. I want to spend time with Gus tonight. How about I order some Chinese? Gus loves the chicken fried rice and noodles.”
Chapter 6 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Jack connects More with Brian And Justin. Molly appears with a partner in this chapter. Vic gets a surprise.
Brian was going over some files for the next day. They had a presentation at three today, but it was ready. Some of the best work they’ve done that wasn’t completed by Justin.

Cynthia hesitantly came into his office. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Problem, Cyn?” He turned in his chair giving her his undivided attention.

“Your father is here. Says he has lunch for you and your young man.”

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Well send him in Cynthia.”

“Hey, Sonnyboy. I thought I’d bring some lunch. Hmmm, Justin is it? He available to join us?” Noticing a table and four chairs in one corner he takes the bags over and sets them down.

Justin comes in and glances at the two men quizzically. “Cynthia said we’re having lunch?”

“Hey, Justin. You and Sonnyboy come here and sit down. I called Union Hall and ordered three Reubens with some German potato salad. Got three beers for us. I’ve found if I have a single beer with a meal, I can stop with one.”

“Sonnyboy, I can’t go back and change things even though I wish I could. All I can do is try to be the father you deserved all along. I’m deeply sorry.”

Taking a deep breath Brian places his hand over his father’s giving it a gentle squeeze.

“Pop, I’ve been thinking of you and me. Trying to get my thoughts straight. After you came here and pulled Mom out of here, I realized you were genuinely trying to change. I’m willing to meet you halfway. I have to say I’m surprised you can get by with a single beer after all these years. But everybody is different. How are you doing?”

“Honestly Sonnyboy, the Doctor gives me three to six months. They gave me some pills to take that helps keep the pain down. I want us to keep in touch and I’d like to see my grandson.”

Looking at Justin and seeing his nod, Brian gave his dad the address to their loft. “I’ll see what I can set up, Pop. You come for lunch Sunday and I’ll try to have him there.”

After eating their lunch, they thanked Jack for it. Brian was startled when Jack grabbed him in a hug.”I’ll see you later, Sonnyboy, Justin take care of him for me.”

That evening the two men dressed in suits headed out to an art show at Bloom’s.

“You owe me for this, Sunshine. I can’t believe I’m going to this.”
_________________

“I just know you will like Victoria Diane’s paintings. Plus there is an up-and-coming new artist she is mentoring who will have four of her paintings in the show as well. She will be officially introduced tonight.” Just as they were parking at Bloom’s, Justin realized he hadn’t turned his phone on. He briefly checked it and saw several calls from an unknown number.

“Brian, do you recognize this number? No? Well, I’ll call it in the morning as we are here.”

They were looking at the paintings in the show and noticed how Victoria’s paintings were a riot of colors. Then the middle, four were abstracts with hints of a story hidden within them. They were really quite good.

“Well Jester, what do you think?” A hand dropped on his arm.

Wide-eyed, Justin whirled around and grabbed the young girl in a hug.

“Mollusk! What are you doing here?” Her slim hand pointed at the initialed signature in the corner of one painting. “Oh my, they are simply beautiful, Molly. I can feel the various emotions in them. Brian! This is my sister, Molly Taylor. Moll, this is my life partner and husband, Brian Taylor Kinney. Oh, how I’ve missed you!”

“Pleased to meet you, Brian. I have someone I want you both to meet, but we are about to start. By the way, my name is now Taylor-Wycroft it’s quite a story, but in a nutshell, my mentor is also my life partner.”

Justin gaped at her, “You mean? You’re gay too?”

“It was quite a shock to our mother. But Vicky was quick to set mom straight as to what I was going to do. Oh, here’s Sydney. I must join Vicky now.”

With a whirl of a long skirt and an off-the-shoulder blouse, a woman with long blonde hair came out, hugged Molly, and briefly kissed her and the two women took their places beside the display.

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Bloom’s and opening night for A world-renowned artist Victoria Diane! Also we have four paintings by her protegee and partner Molly Taylor!”

“Thank you for such a warm welcome everyone! I’m happy to be here. Thank you Mister Bloom. My theme is Gypsy Nights. My protegee and partner Molly has four abstracts which she has titled Life’s Journey.”

Lindsey had never seen a woman as beautiful as Victoria. She couldn’t take her eyes off of her as she and her protegee made the rounds of their exhibit. Pfft, she thought, what could a mere child offer a woman like that? If she can separate them, she could leave Melanie and travel all over the world. She’d become a part of the elite of the art world. Seeing the young girl start talking to Brian and his boytoy, Lindsey strolled over to Victoria. She didn’t notice the reporters near the woman waiting as she had a small flute of champagne.

Using her most sultry look, Lindsey spoke to the beautiful artiste. “Victoria, I’m Lindsey Peterson, I am the manager of Bloom. I usually handle all the shows, but I had a prior engagement to see to for Sydney.”

She steps closer as she had managed to back her into a plant secluded corner. She lets her fingertips trail down the woman’s face then over her neck to the dip between her breasts. Suddenly Victoria clamps down on Lindsey’s fingers and pulls her hand roughly away.

“Oh, you’re the skanky bitch who opened her legs for Sam Auerbach. I’m not into sloppy seconds. Molly is more than enough woman for me.” Starting to quickly walk away, Victoria notices Justin and Brian there along with Molly and a few furiously writing reporters. Melanie is standing there as well.

Opening her arms to the young woman, she says, “Molly dear. Come to me.” Molly melts into her arms as they share a fiery kiss.

Sidney approaches Lindsey and directs her to his office. He apologizes privately to Victoria and Molly. Then openly to the reporters and patrons. Then he joins Lindsey in his office.

“Lindsey, I gave you a second chance with your first faux pas with Sam Auerbach. But to do something like this on opening night. With one of the most renown artists in the world. I can’t condone this. You are fired, Lindsey, and I can’t in good consciousness give you a reference. Gather your things from your office tonight. You don’t have to come back again.” Getting up, he opens the door and waits for Lindsey to get up. Looking at him with a haughty expression on her face, she straightens her spine and with a parting sneer, she trounces out of his office. Once out, she sees all eyes on her. She’s horrified to see Melanie there with Brian, Justin, Victoria, and Molly. What has that woman got to do with Justin?

Looking around as she heads to her office, she notices several of the Creme de la Creme of the wasp society there. Trying to keep her composure, she quickly enters her office and begins to gather the few things she has there. Security comes in and takes her phone, clears it, and hands it back. She knows she has seriously screwed up. She knows she has ruined her marriage. But the look on Brian’s face is the most cutting. He had a look of total contempt for her. If she’s lucky, she can spin this as if she had a bit too much to drink. There are artist colonies in Europe. Perhaps she can join one of them. She knows Brian and Melanie will never let her take Gus with her. Melanie had never formally adopted Gus and recently, with Brian’s new life with HIM, his rights had been given back. Well, there are always visits and phone calls. She’d keep in touch with him.

Coming out, she is confronted quietly by Melanie. Brian is standing with his arm lightly on Melanie’s shoulders. Melanie gives Lindsey a scornful look.

“I’m taking Gus and staying at Brian and Justin’s. I’ve told Deb that we’ll be there to pick him up. I don’t want you near him. You better be out of the house by tomorrow evening. Go cry on your parents shoulders. I’m sure your ‘daddy’ can be talked into helping you. You are not taking Gus with you anywhere. I’ve suspected something for a while as you’ve been looking at art colonies here in the states and in Europe on the computer. You left a page up one day and I saw it.” They turn and leave Lindsey to walk out the door.

The show ended at nine and Brian convinced Vicki, as she told them to call her, and Molly to give them a half-hour and come to their loft.

Vicki willingly filled in a bit of her childhood. She had no feelings of shame as to her illegitimacy. Justin raised his eyebrows at the age difference between the two women, but Molly promptly called him on it.

“Could I be nosy and ask if you ever met your father?” Justin asked.

“No, I haven’t met him. There was an after-party from a school dance. My mother and her date got drunk and they woke up in bed naked the next morning. The evidence was there that they had had sex. Unfortunately, she was actually his beard as he was gay, but not out. They were best friends. She didn’t expect marriage when she found out, but he was outed by some guys that saw him with another gay schoolmate and his parents kicked him out. He joined his sister though mom never knew where she had settled. She was pregnant when she left town. She left town just two months before my dad did. I have seriously considered trying to find him, but I'm not sure he would want anything to do with me. Especially after all this time. My mother told me his name was Victor Grassi.”

Looking up at hearing the gasps, she saw the stunned looks on their faces. “What's wrong? Wait! Do you know my dad?”

Brian shook himself to clear his head. “Let me call someone. Ok? Lord, I’m seeing it now. Aren’t you, Sunshine?” Seeing a stunned look on Justin’s face again, Brian dialed the phone.

“Deb? It’s really important that you come to Justin's loft at 1912 Mellon Way, and please and alone. Now please. I’ll tell you when you get here. It’s nothing bad. I’ll pay for the taxi. It’s on the way to you now.”

Looking at Vicki, Brian said. ”She goes by Horvath now, but she was Grassi.”

Vicki practically collapsed on the couch. “Oh my god, you guys. Molly baby? Come here please?”

The buzzer went and Brian buzzed her in.

“Deb, this is Victoria... last name?

“Wycroft. My mom's name was Elizabeth. She married when I was five. She said my dad called her Betsy Lou.”

“Betsy was Vic's best friend and beard.”

Brian pulled the two women over to the bedroom and opened the closet door where he had placed a full length mirror.

“Deb, look at your face and Vicki’s. Do you see it?”

“Oh my god, Brian, I see it. But how? Wait, I know what Vic told me. Would you tell me what you know? This is fucking incredible.”

“Back then, they had a dance in the junior year of high school. My mom and your brother went together to it. About ten, they went to a party where there was beer. They woke up the next morning in one of the bedrooms and they were both naked. My mom was a virgin before and besides finding a busted condom she was sore. Dad had told her you had left town. You were pregnant and they kicked you out. Later that week, dad was outed. He was kicked out and he left to go to you. He never said where he was going because my grandparents had grounded Mom and she couldn’t use the phone. She went to stay with her aunt till I was born.”

“Well you have the times we left correct, I think. Vic will want to know you. But, there’s something you should know about Vic.” She glances at Brian and he nods.

“He lived in New York for a while. He ended up HIV positive. He had a heart attack, but they operated and he’s doing good now. Exercises and plays table tennis and pool at the GLC rec room with his partner. He’s on a new set of pills for his HIV and he’s doing really well.”

“I’m so glad I have a chance to know him now. When can I meet him? Aunnn... uh, Deb? I guess if he wants we can do a DNA test. I don’t mind.”

“Sweetie, you look so much like me I don’t think he will want to do that. I’m still getting used to it, but you call me Aunt Deb, you hear?” Then she grabs her in a big hug and gives her a big kiss.

“Brian, you and Justin bring Vicki and Molly to dinner tomorrow. I’ll get Vic and Rodney there early and tell him. I’ll message you to come then. Molly, you look so much like your brother. You are so pretty.”

____________________________ Dinner at Deb’s

Vic and Rodney entered Deb’s with a homemade carrot cake for dessert.

“Hey, sis! Why’d you want us to come early?” He gives her a hug, but she holds onto him. “What’s wrong?”

After getting Vic and Rodney sitting down, Deb begins. “Brian called me last night and asked me to come to their loft. When I got there, Justin’s sister and her life partner were there. Do you remember Betsy Wycroft?”

“Lord, sis! I haven’t seen her since I left town after our folks kicked me out. You know she was my best friend and beard.”

“Vic, after you left, Betsy discovered she was pregnant. You had left town and she didn’t know how to contact you. You have a beautiful daughter, Vic. Her name is Victoria Diane and she’s a renowned artist. If you’d like to meet her, I’ll call and she’ll come right over.”

Vic sat there in stunned silence, trying to take it all in. He’d left his beautiful Betsy alone and pregnant. True her parents grounded her and wouldn’t let her talk to him, but he should have checked on her later. He had no doubt Victoria was his daughter.

“Call her, Deb. I want to meet her, please. Oh God, Deb. I knew the condom broke, but didn’t think anything about it. I had done stuff but not anal sex. Does she know about...”

He looked over at Deb texting. She put the phone down after the reply. “I told her you’re positive. She’ll be right here. She’s bringing her wife. Granted it’s a legal partnership, but that’s what she is. She’s young too, nineteen. A beautiful girl with blonde hair with red highlights and darkish blue eyes. She’s Justin, Brian’s husband’s, sister.”

About fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang and Vic answered it. He just stood and stared at the beautiful woman standing there. He knew instantly which one was his daughter, she looked so much like Deb. He stepped back to let them in.

“Come... ahem... come in.” Tears began to fall as h continued to gaze at her. Finally, Victoria stepped forward and took her father in her arms.

“Hello, Dad. I’m so thrilled to finally meet you.” Tears of joy were also running down her face.

Going up to Molly, Deb gave her a big hug and led her to the kitchen. “Let’s give them a chance to get acquainted, while I get to know my niece-in-law.

___________________
End Notes:
Jack will get to know his grandson. Vic has met his daughter and will continue their talk in the next chapter. Michael is next to meet her along with the family.
Chapter 7 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Vic gets confirmation he's Vicki's father. Jack visits and spends an afternoon playing with Gus. Then Jack had an appointment made to speak to Brian at the office.
MY FATHER MY FRIEND

7

Vic took his daughter outside to sit and talk. He learned that Betsy did marry and her husband accepted Vicky as if she was his, but Vicky was five when the marriage took place and she opted to keep her mother’s maiden name.

“I know, I was awfully young to decide that, but I knew your name and mom had pictures of you and her together. I really like Paul, but he wasn’t you. I was very definite in what I wanted, even at age five. It’s strange how things worked out. When Bloom contacted me, I said yes for Molly. She had told me what happened and how much she misses her father and brother. I couldn’t refuse the chance for her to reconnect. I’m so thrilled we get to know one another. I’ll have to travel for shows, but I’m going to base myself here in Pittsburgh. “

Hugging his daughter, Vic assures her that as long as her home base is the Pitts he is happy. They then go into the house to find Michael and Ben have arrived. Deb is standing in front of Mike with her finger in his face.

“You listen to me you little shit! Her background fits with what Vic remembers. You WILL be polite to her, you hear me?”

“Plus, cousin dear. I have already told Dad and Aunt Debs I’d be willing to take a DNA test. Is that good enough for you?” She goes and sits with Molly on the couch.


“Uncle Vic, you have to do this! Take the test! She doesn’t even look like you!”

“Michael!” Brian yelled grabbing him and turning him to look at him. “Look at maw, then look at Vicky! She’s a younger version of her!“

“Brian, it’s okay. Dad, let’s take the test. It doesn’t surprise me that he reacted this way. He’s very possessive of what and who he thinks he owns.”

“Okay, we’ll go to a walk-in clinic tomorrow and get it done. Michael, I know this will be an adjustment for you, but you might as well accept that Vicky is family.”

Carl keeps a close rein on Michael for the rest of the get-together.

Vicky and Molly along with Vic and Rodney come into the diner where Michael and Lindsey are having lunch. Brian and Justin come in behind them taking two tables and putting them together as the booths are full. Melanie then goes to join them with Gus.

Michael’s head jerks up as a cheer erupts from the group.

“Honestly, some people have no manners. Nothing could be that good to cause that behavior,” Lindsey said.

“Vicky is Vic’s daughter. The test results were in the mail,” Kiki told the two.

Michael huffed, crossing his arms. To him, she was still an interloper

______________Sunday at Brian and Justin’s Loft

“Brian, love! Calm down it will be fine,” Justin said as he checked the Irish Stew in the crockpot. He had sliced tomatoes and pickled cucumbers to go with it as well as a crusty sourdough loaf.

“Daddy? Papa?” Came a little voice through the monitor.

“Coming Sonnyboy,” Brian said as he went to help Gus get dressed. Justin was so pleased that Mel let Gus spend the night in order to meet his grandfather. Brian had been practically floating he was so happy about it.

Settling Gus with a small bowl of cereal, Brian and Justin settled themselves with a cup of coffee. Afterward, Brian sat on the floor to build a fort with Gus. Justin relaxed while the stew finished cooking on low in the crockpot.

About a quarter till twelve Justin put the bread to warm up in the oven. He had sliced it in thick slices and buttered it. Then wrapped it in foil. At twelve on the dot, the buzzer rang. Brian let his dad through to come up. Brian introduced Gus, and Grandpa Jack settled down to help Gus with his playing. Gus chattered to his grandpa. Talking about his Liberty Avenue family. Brian raised an eyebrow to warn Jack to let questions wait.

All in all, it was a great afternoon. Melanie stopped by to pick up Gus and met Jack and chatted a bit with him. When Jack left, Brian walked him down to his car. The old man took Brian in his arms and just held him tight.

“I missed out on so much by living my life as I did. I’m so sorry, Sonnyboy.”

“Pop, maybe we could make this a regular thing on Sunday? I’d like to spend as much time as I can with you.”

“I’d like that, Sonnyboy. I... I do love you.” Getting in his car he gave a wave and drove off.

Coming back inside, Brian walked straight to Justin and held on, burying his face in his neck. Justin felt the tears falling on his neck and rubbed comforting circles on his back.

“Jus, he’s getting so thin. I... I’m not sure how long I’ll have with him.”

Leaning back, Justin kissed the tears from Brian’s face. “Cherish the time you have, Bri. Get to know him sober. Make some good memories.”

Taking Brian’s hand, he led him to the balcony where he had two glasses of wine waiting. Sitting down they sat and watched the bustle of the students and the cars on the streets.

That night Justin took his time making love to Brian. He made sure to touch every sensitive place on his lover. His thrusts into him were long and slow until Brian begged him to go faster. They fell asleep holding each other.

__________________

A couple of days later, Jack calls Brian to schedule a meeting to talk to him.

Jack gets settled in Brians's office. “Sonny boy, I want to know if you will be my POA. Let me finish telling you why? The doc says I may go into a coma at the end. I want you to see that a DNR is followed, plus I don’t want to be put on life support. Joanie would get more if I’m in a coma, that’s a wait for the end thing. But she would probably put me on life support to get more monthly. There’s no reason she shouldn’t be able to live on what she’d get with her SS and widow's pay as well. I have a life insurance policy and I want you to fix it so she gets a monthly check from that, plus my final expenses are paid. Sonnyboy, you will have done enough with that. You step back and let her handle her own life. Will you do this? I’ve got a lawyer willing to accept a retainer plus filing fee which I have for him.”

“Pop, I will do that for you. It’s not a pleasant job, but I wouldn’t want to just lie there either. I’ll pay your attorney for the remainder of his fee. Pop, I want us to spend as much time together as we can.”

“Thank you, Sonnyboy. Here’s his card. I want to spend time with you as well. I’ll get out of your way now. I love you.” Grabbing him in a hug he takes his leave.

Justin comes into the office and sits beside Brian as he’s settled on the couch with his eyes closed. “Bri? Is it bad?” Brian pulls Justin back and settles with his head on Justin’s lap.

“I have a lawyer to talk to. Pop wants me to be his POA. Well, pretty much the executor of his estate. A DNR, no extreme lifesaving at the end. He’s afraid Joanie will put him on life support. I’m to handle the life insurance and funeral. Set up an account to send Joanie a check each month. He says it should be enough for her to live on. Basically, he said for me to step back after that and let her live her life. No help from thereon. Justin didn’t say anything, but he was grey-faced, breathing a bit labored. Oh God Jus, I’m going to need you to help me get through this.”

“I’ll be there for you and when necessary, I want you to let me shoulder some of your burden, okay? Don't try to do this alone. Promise me?”

Brian merely nods his head and drifts off to sleep. Justin sees Cynthia at the door. Beckoning her closer, they talk quietly about work.

“Justin, I can handle things the rest of the day. I’m gonna lock the office door and go through the conference room. Once he wakes up, take him home, you hear?”

“Yeah, I will, thanks, Cynthia. I appreciate your help and loyalty.”

Hearing an uproar, she says, "I’ll handle this, just ignore it. Whoever it is, can’t get in.”

“Michael, Lindsey, Brian is unavailable. No! I’m not calling him and you won’t get an answer if you do. You two are the most selfish, entitled-acting people I have ever seen. You don’t care for Brian, just your wants. Not your needs, your wants! Michael, I know you’ve been pestering him to support your shop. No! Sell some collectibles! Lindsey, I happen to know Brian talked to Mel here in his office yesterday. She said she and Gus are doing okay and Gus doesn’t need anything that she could think of. I know you aren’t living with Mel, so Lindsey, I thought you were leaving the country? Brian is not paying for your trip. Now leave or I will call security to see you out. Oh, Fred, I see you and John are already waiting. Please see that Michael and Lindsey are seen out. If you keep showing up and calling, a harassment charge may be needed.”

Lindsey straightens her back and says, "Well I never. Brian will hear about this.”

“Brian will not do a thing about this. You lost your rights to Gus because of your actions. Now both of you! OUT!”
End Notes:
Why is Lindsey hanging around town? How long does Jack have?
Chapter 8 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Brian follows through for his dad.
8.

The next three weeks Brian took Gus and spent as much time with his dad as he could. Justin handled the trips out of town for him. Mel and Brian sat down and simply told Gus that Grandpa Jack was sick, knowing he wouldn’t understand everything.

Brian hired a PI for Mel, who got enough information on Lindsey that with a word to her parents, she was given her part of her inheritance and she was sent to Paris where a section of town was nothing but artists. She lost her rights to Gus when they took her to court.

Late one night, Claire called Brian and told him Jack was in the hospital. He and Justin got dressed and headed there to find chaos. Jack’s doctor had already given his copy of Brian’s rights as POA to the hospital. Brian showed his ID and was let into his dad’s room. He was conscious but the morphine made him groggy. Brian held his hand until the medicine had worn off and his dad refused the medicine in order to try to talk to him. “Son... boy! Let Claire... ward… come and see me, but just for five minutes. I want... you and... Jus here. Okay?”

“Yes, Dad. Ted, Cynthia, and Murphy will handle Kinnetik. Try to rest for now. I’ll contact Mel and she’ll bring Gus in. He knows you’re sick.”

“Get... my billfold... I want... our picture... where... I can see it.” Brian got the picture out that had gotten snapped of Brian, Jack, Justin, Gus on his grandpa’s lap, and Mel. He propped it on the table for him.

The nurses hooked Jack up to be injected automatically with the morphine at set intervals. Claire threw such a fit she was removed to a waiting room and watched by security. Joan brought Father Tom, which Brian allowed to give last rites while his dad was sleeping. Then she walked out and left the hospital.

Mel brought Gus in at 9:00 and they took him in once while Jack was awake. The little boy was held by his grandpa while Brian sat beside him. Tears were in every eye. Justin sketched drawings of the moment of the three of them. Gus kissed his grandpa goodbye and left to go on to preschool. Brian continued to sit on the bed with his dad, holding him in his arms. After a long day, Jack opened his eyes and looked at Brian.

“I love you, son. See you up there someday.” He clung to Brian’s arm as Brian took a deep breath and said, “I love you, Dad, so much. I’m so glad I got to know the real you.”

Five minutes later, Jack Kinney took his last breath. Brian laid his head on Jack’s shoulder and cried as Justin rubbed his back. The nurses came in and Brian and Justin walked out to the waiting room and told Claire. Instead of having a fit, she clung to Brian and cried for a few minutes. A cab was called and she left to tell their mother and her sons.

The hospital called the funeral home where Brian and Jack had already made the arrangements. A spray of roses was on the casket with Joan, Claire, John, and Peter’s names on them. Jack had commented once that he loved his mom’s hyacinths so Brian and Justin had put six of them inside the lid. The viewing and service would be in two days. The Lodge was contacted and they said they would say something at the service.

On the day of the service, Brian sat with Mel and Justin on either side. Gus was with Dusty and Marie. The gang, except for Ted, was there. Craig, Kent, Molly, and Victoria sat in the row with Brian while the rest of the family sat behind. Joan, Claire, and the boys sat on the other side of the room, refusing to sit with Brian. Father Tom said a few words as Jack had refused to have the service at the church.

Brian got up and spoke of his dad, “I won’t go into details about it, but my pop and I reconciled just a few months ago. I got to know him like I never was allowed to. Justin and I, along with Gus and occasionally Melanie, often met at our loft for dinner or had a picnic in the park with Pop pushing Gus on the swings or helping him safely climb up the slide. At the loft, he would sit on the floor and play cars or with Gus’ train set with him. He even read stories to him using funny voices that had Gus rolling with laughter. It was a side that... yes, a part of me wishes I could have experienced, yet I did that through watching the two of them. Pop came out of his coma long enough to know I was holding him and for us to exchange I love yous. Pop, fly free. I do love you.”

*~*~*

Instead of going to the cemetery, Brian said goodbye by kissing his fingers and placing them on Jack’s cheek. He told Jack to celebrate with his union hall friends who had died before.

Jack had asked to talk to Deb and Vic and he thanked them for caring for Brian like they did. He asked if she would have a BBQ, and to let the warden have the wake with her church friends. Only the Liberty Avenue family and Justin’s family were to attend. He wanted a celebration, not a mourning party. When Brian came in, Deb hugged him then went outside with the others while Vic took him aside and let him rant and rage about losing his pop so soon after they had made their peace. Once his tears dried, he looked at Vic, “I love you so much, Vic. Other than Justin now, you knew me the best. Take care of yourself, you hear? I want you around for a long time. Now, Pop wanted a celebration. Let’s give him that.”

Going out, he hugged Deb and told her he loved her. Surprised to find Michael calmly talking to Justin, he walked over and accepted a hug from him. He saw the brief frown when he avoided Michael’s kiss, so he knew that today was a truce. The food was plentiful and everyone had a good time. Brian refrained from drinking too much, merely raised a glass in a toast to his pop. “This is to my father, my friend.

*~*~*

Three days later, Brian met with Joan and Claire at the lawyers. It turned into the horror he expected. But the lawyer threw them out once he’d read the will. Brian had gone ahead and paid for the funeral himself. There was an insurance policy covering the loan on the house, so it was paid for. Joan would get just over $1,000 a month from SS. The life insurance that Jack had, paid the little bit of the hospital bill that was left. Then surprisingly, the steel mill had good insurance for their employees. Jack had simply drunk the very decent salary he made away. The rest of the policy, with Ted’s help and Jack’s insistence, was to give Claire $200 a month for her and another $200 for the boys. Claire’s part would end when both boys were eighteen. The quarterly interest from the policy would be paid to Joan in a lump sum at the end of the year. The rest was tightly tied up to cover property taxes and a policy to pay for Joan’s funeral. If either fought for the money, it was to go to the Liberty Avenue Hospice and the GLC. Brian would never forget the look on Claire and Joan’s faces when they heard the lawyer say that Jack had told his son to let Joan handle her own finances. Claire and her boys were to leave Brian alone as well. After all, the two women were grown-ups. It was not Brian’s responsibility to take care of them. With a short goodbye to them from Brian, the lawyer’s secretary escorted them out the door.

Brian and Justin, along with Ted and Cynthia, got everything at Kinnetik arranged so the two men could go away for two weeks. They rented a cabin in Vermont and snowboarded and skied to their heart’s content. Evenings were spent cuddling in front of the fireplace or in a hot tub. When they returned home, Brian found that Justin had painted a picture that showed Brian and his pop with a smaller inset picture of a four-year-old Brian in his pop’s arms. Brian had it hung in his home office. Mel had a painting she hung up of Gus and Grandpa Jack playing with his train set, and at the park playing on the swings and slide.

That night Brian finished some work in his study and raised his glass to the portrait and said here’s to you, MY FATHER AND MY FRIEND. You will be remembered with love.
End Notes:
I know this was short, but I wanted one chapter for Jack’s death and the finalization of his personal effects.
Chapter 9 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Talk of new additions and storms on the horizon for some.
MY FATHER MY FRIEND
9

Brian was really surprised that Joan and Claire had actually left him alone. But he sure wasn’t complaining. He picked up the folder for LeMont Restaurant. They had opened their first store on Mount Washington in Pittsburgh and then Harrisburg and Philadelphia. Now they had a grand opening in Manhattan in New York. He looked at the new store which had the colors of the French flag in their sign. The slogan, Dine at LeMont, a Restaurant Specializing in Quality French Cuisine was blazoned across the top. He trusted Justin’s judgment that they would not want displays of affection from customers as it was a high-class establishment. The ads were to be featured on Billboards and on TV and would have various combinations of diners. They were going to have to work late that night to get the presentation ready. Brian called the diner and ordered two of their specials with some of the lemon bars Justin loved. He told Justin he would be right back as he was going to pick their dinner up.

Michael was sitting alone eating as his maw and Kiki were rushing around with the full evening crowd. The ding of the door brought Brian inside and he sat at the counter.

“Briaaannnn! Finally, you are without boy wonder! We can go to Babylon tonight. It can be like old times again. Bet there are lots of hot guys there now. We’ll have a lot to pick from.” He slung his arms around Brian and tried to turn his face for a kiss.

Brian stood up to get away from Michael’s arms. “I’m not going to Babylon, Mikey! The crowd there is entirely too young anymore. Christ Mikey, stop trying to kiss me! I don’t need or want you clinging to me anymore. I’m married to Justin now. We might try getting the gang together with our spouses for a night once in a while, but I don’t go without Justin.”

All of a sudden Molly threw her arms around Michael. “Hey, just the one I was hoping was here. Vicky is working on paintings for a show in New York. You can keep me company while I eat.”

Deb and Kiki stood by Brian and watched her manhandle Michael over to a table. Daammnn, she was small but mighty. She was chattering a mile a minute at him. Michael wrenched his arm out of her grip and wiped his cheek where she had kissed it leaving a big pink lipstick print behind. He was red as a beet with embarrassment as he ran out the door. The whole diner roared laughing. Deb and Kiki were leaning on Brian with tears running down their cheeks they were laughing so hard.

Molly came over and tilted her cheek up at her brother-in-law. He leaned down and briefly kissed her cheek. Deb hugged her as she wiped her face.

“Maybe he’ll behave himself for a while, ya think?” Molly said hopping on the stool beside Brian.

“We can only hope, Moll. I’ve got your and Brian’s order ready. You both have four lemon bars included. You two go make your spouses take a break and eat. Then see if you can get them to go home. They need their rest.”

Arriving back at Kinnetik, Brian told Justin about Molly’s antics. After they both had a good laugh at her antics, he said. “She used to be a pest that aggravated the hell out of me. One of her favorite things was to repeat everything I said. Oh, I used to tell her to shut up and threaten her, till I realized I just needed to be the one to shut up.”

“Justin, I’ve been thinking of setting up a daycare in Kinnetik. What do you think?” Brian asked with a small grin on his face.

“I’m not sure how many have kids. Do you know?” He asked. Wondering why he hadn’t found this out before.

“There are four young ones in the art department, two daycare eligible. Three in legal, but only one daycare eligible. There will possibly be one in the ad department pending approval by a certain artist.”

“Brian? Did... did you just say?” A wide-eyed Justin asked.

Pulling his lips in, Brian nodded. “I’d like us to have at least one, two if you think we could handle both at once. One from both of us?”

“Oh, Brian! I’d love to have two if you really think we can manage. I know we have three bedrooms, but they need a yard to play in.” Grabbing Brian, he rained kisses on his face, causing him to laugh.

“It’s true we have the bedrooms, but I thought perhaps we could look for a house, with a nice wooden privacy fence in back and a five foot wrought iron one in front.”

“Well, that would work, we could sell the loft. Maybe have a pool and a patio in the back as well. It would be nice to have BBQs. Perhaps we could get a dog?”

“My poor Armani, dogs shed. But I guess you could keep one brushed. So is it settled, a couple of kids, a new house, and a dog? We’ll look into an egg donor and a surrogate tonight.”

The two men hugged and got back to work. Justin to the art department and Brian to his office where he called Ted to discuss finances on a house.
___________________

Two weeks later, they had found a house at the end of a cul-de-sac in the gated community Ted and Blake lived in. It had three bedrooms, one of the two bathrooms had a huge waterfall shower. The other bathroom was between the two medium-sized bedrooms. A big kitchen with a big island that had four stools. A small breakfast nook was in a corner of the kitchen with two big windows. The living room had a big stone fireplace. There was a full basement that they planned to put a pool table and exercise equipment in. With a couch, two loveseats, and two matching chairs. A big-screen TV on the wall with a bar with lockable doors. The wooden privacy fence was already around the backyard. There was a nice-sized pool with a patio. Brian contracted to have big flowerbeds surrounding the front yard. An attached two-car garage was included with a big storage room.

Justin found a surrogate with a separate egg donor and in four months, twins were on the way. One day Justin worked late to finish the boards for Brown Athletics, as they were to attend the ultrasound the next day and hopefully know what they were having. He arrived home to find Brian in the backyard. There was a wide swing for them to sit in with two baby seats built into it.

“Sooo, are we going to spend a lot of time out here?” Justin asked.

“Why not? You notice we can sit side by side with the baby seats on the ends. Plus the seats are easy to detach once they no longer need them. We’ll cover it for the winter.”

“I see that. It might be relaxing to sit out here in the evenings with an after-dinner drink.” He snuggled up to Brian, as it was late fall and a chill was in the air.

Meanwhile, as to the Novotny-Bruckners, Ben had picked up dinner as Mike had a reading group at Red Cape. He overheard a conversation at another table. They were talking about what Mike had said to Brian and how Brian had to stand up to avoid Mike kissing him. That part didn’t bother him. Old habits were hard to break, but why did Mike say about the pickings at Babylon? A conversation for later at home.
End Notes:
What will the babies be? Boy? Girl? One of each? Trouble ahead for Mike? Thanks for reading.
Chapter 10 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Ben confronts Michael about his comments. At the end what I wrote is not an epilogue.
MY FATHER MY FRIEND
10


Later that evening, Mike and Ben finished cleanup from dinner. Ben brought up what he heard that day at the diner.

“Tell me Mike, why you said we’ll have a lot to pick from while trying to talk Brian into going to Babylon with you?” Ben watched Mike’s facial expressions as he had learned he could tell when Mike was lying or making excuses about things

“I didn’t say that! I said he, as Brian could find hot guys. Not me! Who told you that!” He screamed.

“ Nobody told me directly. But I heard it at Woodys and at the diner some bears were talking about it and confirmed what I heard at Woodys. Don’t say they repeated what was said wrong. It was the same exact story and Kiki confirmed it. If it was wrong, she would have said so. Mike do you deliberately go to Babylon to pick up hot guys? I want the truth and I will know if you are lying!”

“All right! All right! I fucking said it! But we never go anywhere except dinner at maws and at bedtime you turn away from me! No one...no fucking one can blame me if I look elsewhere!” He said and then realized exactly what he had admitted.

As Ben shook his head and turned away Michael grabbed his arm and jerked him around to face him.

“ DONT fucking walk away from me! I didn’t say I had fucked around. But I’ve danced with hot guys at Babylon. That’s all I did.”

“ Let go of me Michael! I can tell you are lying. I can’t believe you did this instead of talking to me first. I think we need to separate and think about this.”

“ I DON’T need space!” Michael spit at him. “ I have needs and you obviously don’t care!”

“ Fine Michael. You go stay with your maw or above your shop. I’ve had an offer to go to Miami and teach at the university there. I’ll accept it and be out of here. The house can be sold as we only owe a few thousand. We’ll split the money we get from the sale.”

With that he pulled his arm loose and walked out the door with a final be gone when I get back. Michael was stunned at what happened. The more he thought about it the madder he got.

“He’s not fucking making me move! This is my house too!” Then it dawned on him that Ben said he had a job offer in Miami, Florida. There was no way even if Ben consented to pay half of the house payment he could cover everything. Maw and Carl weren’t going to let him stay with them. The LOFT! Awww fucking hell! Brian sold the loft.

So he trudged to the basement and brought some boxes up and packed his stuff. By the time he was at the apartment over his store, he realized he didn’t have room for all his collectibles. He couldn’t afford a storage unit either. So he went through what he had to choose what he wanted to keep and started selling the rest on eBay. He had quite the sum of money after he got done. Reluctantly he went to Ted and asked his advice. Ted pointed out that he could put the majority of the money on his bank loan for the store. When that was done he still had a bit over $6000. Granted his monthly bank payment was cut in half. He did an inventory to see what else he could sell. He put the sale sign up in his store window and a small ad in the weekly OUT newspaper. After two weeks he placed the rest on EBay, including a rare item he was very reluctant to part with. His resentment grew with every collectible that disappeared. Buzzy was back for his high school reunion and stopped by to see how Michael was doing with the store. He pointed out that there was an unused room upstairs. He’d covered up the original entrance as he didn’t use it. Buzzy contacted a contractor friend of his and he agreed to open a doorway up for Michael to have access to the room. He had added to the $6000 and had $15,000. The man also hung some drywall around the room and applied a couple coats of paint. When the work was done the windows were sealed from leaks. Instead of a one room apartment with a shower, he now had a large separate bedroom with the guest bedroom set from the house in it. He had $10,000 left over And he decided to order a few things. When he was finished he had $3000 left. He sat and pouted and stewed until he was totally fucked off. He remembered how he used to have Brian helping him out financially all the time. Now he was with that fat assed blonde and he wouldn’t help anymore unless an emergency. Then Ben would help as well, but he had to misunderstand what he had said. True, he had cheated,but it was nice to not have to worry about a condom breaking.

Deb and Vic showed up and looked at what he’d had done. There was a hide-abed couch in the living room/ kitchen with a small table and chairs. He had a rug both in there and the bedroom. He’d found a same a big screen TV with a Nintendo set to watch and play with. Plus two clock radios. Deb praised him for using his head instead of spending all his money on ‘his toys’.

“Michael, you have a nice place here. You should be proud of yourself, baby. I’m so glad Buzzy told you about that other room and found someone to do the work at a discount for you.” She gave him one of her signature hugs.

Vic added, “ You should save the rest of your money to use for your food and monthly bills. Although I’m sure your mother will bring you food to put in your freezer.”

After they left Michael found a Superman marathon on TV and settled in with some Chinese take out to enjoy his day.

Ben and Hunter had stayed with a professor friend that had two extra rooms. Hunter was taking shifts at the diner when he could. He was in his freshman year at CG and was taking classes in health and nutrition. He insisted that he give his tips to Ben to save and had his paycheck for his own use. He missed his other dad, but it was more relaxing because Michael was always more critical of what he said and did. The house now had a for sale sign and the rest of the furniture was in storage for a future home for them in Miami.

Six months later the school year was over and Ben and Hunter were given a goodbye party by Deb, Vic and Rodney. They promised to come back for Visits and either Thanksgiving or Christmas with the family.

“You are still part of this family, you hear?” Deb said. She had first Ben and then Hunter in a constricting hug tears running down her face.

“Were you able to get all your stuff in storage in the truck?” Vic asked.

“ Yes we did. I used my half of the money from the sale of the house to pay a nice deposit on a loft apartment close to the beach. The building is reinforced against hurricanes. There is a button you push to cover the windows to protect against the winds. There are two extra bedrooms for guests. Plus we have an enclosed balcony. There is a grocery store and mall close by. We’re looking forward to trying out the fresh seafood as well. Deb, you and Carl can come for a vacation and stay with us. All of you are welcome to come visit.”

Tearful goodbyes were had all around and the two left that evening about eight to avoid the heavy traffic as much as possible.

Wiping her eyes Deb said, “I hated to see them go, but the university offered Ben almost as much as a tenured professor gets and he’ll teach mathematics classes and history as well as the gay studies class. Hunter was lucky enough to be able to transfer his credits from his freshman year to them as well. You know Michael, if you hadn’t fucked up your relationship with Ben you could have went as well. But you have a nice apartment and you’ve cleaned up and refurbished the shop. Sometimes things aren’t meant to be and you have to pull up your big boy pants and start over with your head held high.” She gave Michael a gentle, for her, slap and went to start the dishwasher.

She settled in the living room with Zachery and Alexandria, Brian and Justin’s one year old twins. The two were crazy about their Grandma Deb and enjoyed occasional overnights and jaunts to the park with her and Grandpa Carl. They had a mixture of their dads hair color, Zack had deep blue eyes and Alex had hazel eyes. They kept their dads and both sets of grandparents busy. Craig and Kent had weekends with the active two as well. They had been dubbed Grand-pap and grand-pop by the young ones.

Molly and Vicky had decided to have one child only and were lucky enough to be able to adopt a baby that was abandoned at Blake’s rehab clinic. The little girl had dark red hair and sea green eyes, with only a scattering of freckles on her cheeks and across her nose. Sandy was the apple of grandpa Vic’s eyes.

One night at Woody’s Emmett had been surprised when two arms came around him from behind and he heard Drew ask if he could arrange a twenty-first birthday party for him. He turned and cried buckets all over Drew’s shirt. They were now in a committed partnership and decided to enjoy their friends kids instead of having their own.

Melanie was settled with Leda and the two women shared custody of Gus and Leda’s little girl Rebel with Brian and Justin. Rumor had it that Lindsey was living in Paris with her third young artist. She enjoyed the wild parties she attended. Seems Gus was not even in her thoughts anymore. He never asked about her and really he missed his Grandpa Jack more. His memories of playtime with him were often spoken about. Justin had framed a picture of the family as they included Mel as family now that her and Brian were more or less friends. They still enjoyed sniping at each other and Leda and Justin simply laughed at the two. Gus would often place his hands on his hips and stomp his foot and tell them to behave.
End Notes:
Okay folks! Soon as my muse kicks in I’ll write the next chapter. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for reviews.????
Chapter 11 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:

This is the last chapter. It forwards to the future. 

                 


                                MY FATHER MY FRIEND


 


11


 


         Life was good in general for the gang. Kinnetik opened a branch in California ran by Murphy and Cynthia. Brandon had achieved a marketing degree and moved to Toronto to open a Kinnetik there. He met Brent when he hired him as art director and found himself falling for him. Brian hired some admen and artists for Kinnetik Pittsburgh, who were successfully running things under Ted’s guidance. That left Brian and Justin to take the kids along with a nanny and travel first to London and then Paris to open Kinnetik International.  They made trips back home frequently and Gus stayed summers with them traveling with an escort to his dad and papa. 


 


            Carl retired and he and Deb bought the diner as well as the building next door. They expanded Liberty Diner going 50’s/60’style which surprisingly was a huge success with the older crowd and next door became an enclosed patio for them to gather on weekends to dance. The main difference was healthier food in with the usual greasy fare. Vegan burgers and the option of sweet potato fries. Low carb. Low fat foods were popular and sold well. 


 


              Boytoy became the place to be for the younger crowd. Emmett and Drew bought Babylon and after lots of planning with an architect they created a successful Bistro in one area with a place for catered parties where the club used to be. Times were changing and the Thumpa thumpa was now only heard at the diner. 


 


             Vicki and Molly both had tremendously successful careers. They shared shows with each other, alternating who opens with the other joining on the weekend while grandpas Vic and Rodney watched Sandy. 


 


               Mike was left to dwell deeply in his comic world. It was a lonely existence for him and he regretted what he had done, but blamed it on Justin’s existence in Brian’s life. He went to Babylon and became the new bottom boy. Only being accepted for that. When Emmett and Drew bought  Babylon, he sold his shop and all but his Captain Astros comics. He left word he was going to travel and disappeared from Pittsburgh. 


 


              After ten years with all the Kinnetiks successfully being ran, Brian and Justin returned to Pittsburgh for good. Stepping into the diner they saw Carl behind the counter refilling condiments and drinks and Deb hurrying around helping with the noontime crowd. 


 


              “Deb? I thought you hired people to do that? You need to sit down.” 


     


              Deb looked up, practically threw the plates at her customers and ran to the two men. Grabbing them in crushing hugs typical of the red-wigged woman. 


 


             “Please tell me you are home to stay. I’ve missed you so much. Dinner Sunday with all of the gang plus Vicki and Molly. Be sure to ask your dad and Kent to come. We are making box lunches Saturday for a dance that night on the patio. Pre-registration required. I expect you here. Blake, Ted, Emmett and Drew will be here. Ben and Hunter with their better halves will be here for a visit as well. This is going to be so much fun! It’s about time you came home where you belong.”Giving them a red lipstick kiss on the cheek with a love pat as well she bustles off only to be stopped by Carl and ordered to stay seated.


 


                 Saturday night was a blast with a permit granted to allow the loud thumpa thumpa. Emmett was dancing his praise Jesus with Blake while Ted and Drew watched from the sidelines before reclaiming their partners. Brian and Justin were dancing close as they could get, heating up the watchers as only they could. Ben and Aaron and Hunter and Wade were taking a break to watch with Deb and Carl. 


 


                  Sunday saw the whole Liberty Avenue family together having dinner. Mike was mentioned in passing by Deb. He sends the rare postcard, but at least she knows he’s alive. Brian said they saw Lindsey and she was with her latest artist boytoy higher than a kite. Brian, Justin, Leda and Mel watch Gus sitting closely to his boyfriend, Chase.  Rebel, Leda’s daughter, is making eyes at Ted and Blake’s daughter Candy, short for Candace. They sigh as they talk and watch the next generation of Liberty Avenue. But none of them wanted to be anywhere else. 


 


                Life was good. The thumpa thumpa continues albeit on the diner patio. To paraphrase the words of Miss Gloria Gaynor. We will Survive. 


 


________________ 


 


        


 


 


                                


              


 


 


       

End Notes:

I have came to the end of my story. Dear readers Mike's fate is up to you. Sorry it took. So long. Thank you so much for reading this.

 

 

                                   >>Cat<<

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1596