I've Had Enough! by Frosty70
Summary:

Justin tells Lindsey off and doesn’t go to New York after he realizes that it was Lindsey pushing Brian for him to go. Michael is next on his list.

My beta is BritinManor.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, Post-series
Genres: Alternate Canon, Angst w/ Happy Ending
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 15003 Read: 30819 Published: Jul 25, 2020 Updated: Aug 08, 2020

1. Chapter 1 by Frosty70

2. Chapter 2 by Frosty70

3. Chapter 3 by Frosty70

4. Chapter 4 by Frosty70

5. Chapter 5 by Frosty70

Chapter 1 by Frosty70
1.

Justin’s POV:

I finally convinced Brian I wasn’t going to New York. But every time he got around Lindsey, I knew she was ragging him about it. I finally caught them talking, and walked up to them, and heard the garbage she was spewing.

She was flipping her hair; it’s like she thought he was a straight man, but I’d had enough.

“Brian, you don’t want him to resent you later on. I mean, I know he tells you he loves you, but...”

“The only person I resent is you, Lindsey; you and your partner-in-whine, Michael. If I wanted to go to New York I’d go, but I’m not ready to go yet, and maybe I never will be. Let’s see now... Was I showing in New York when Caswell decided to feature me in an article? No! I was right here in Pittsburgh. So you need to butt the fuck out of my life! What’s wrong, are you and Mel fighting again? Or is it that you don’t want to leave Brian behind? I hope you realize that Brian and I are the only ones that will ever live in our manor. Gus is welcome to visit. Hell, when he gets old enough to decide, he just may choose to spend the summer, or even move in. You might get an occasional weekend, but you aren’t ever going to play lady of the manor. I hope this is settled, and that I don’t hear this crap again!” With a glare, I walk away from them and decide to go out in Deb’s backyard.

I feel two arms wrap around me. “Justin, she means well...”

“Bullshit, Brian. I love you. You know that, don’t you?”

“I love you too, Sunshine. I promise no pushing you off a cliff.”

I bring his face down and kiss him, trying my best to show him I’m not mad at him. At the ring of my phone, I groan. “It’s Mom. She wants me to come over. She wants you to come too, so please come with me. That way I can get away sooner.”

He starts to say something, then changes his mind, saying, “Okay. But you owe me, Sunshine.”

As we make our excuses to leave, I notice Michael and Lindsey glaring. Brian must see them too, because he addresses them.

“What’s your problem, Mikey? Linds? I keep telling you he doesn’t want to go, and I’m not going to make him. So lay off. I might have changed too much too fast for your liking, but I’m not completely changing back to my old ways. So deal with it!”

We get to Mom’s, and a whirling bunch of arms and legs tackle me before I get in the door.

“Justin, Justin! My favorite grandson. You’re alive! And this must be Brian, your boyfriend. Oh my, he is a handsome devil. But you, Justin, such a beautiful man you’ve become. You two make a handsome pair. I’m sorry, Brian, I know you two prefer not to be called boyfriends. I’m Maggie Alwin, Justin’s Grammy.” Suddenly, she gasps, “Oh my God! You’re Brian Aiden Kinney! My Danny’s college friend and soccer teammate. We met a couple of times. Do you remember me and Patrick?”

“Why, Mama Maggie! Hell yes, I remember you. You both always treated me so nicely. I always had fun when I visited.”

After getting pulled inside the house and Papa Pat hugging both Justin and Brian, Brian looked over at Jennifer.

“So you are that pest Jenny? The big sister?”

“Brian, I remember Danny and Mark talking about you. They said you were the best player on the team. I never imagined you were the same boy they talked about.”

“Grampy, I get the feeling I’m missing something. Dad said you wanted nothing to do with me.”

“There’s no truth to that. The last time you visited, your dad decided to come along. Danny didn’t know he was there and your father saw Danny kissing his partner, Mark, so he pretty much forbade the family from having anything to do with us.”

“Justin, there’s more. Please, will you and Brian sit down on the loveseat?” Mom asks us.

“When you were attacked, your dad visited us. He had a newspaper, The Pittsburgh Sun. He told us you died of your injuries and that you were so badly beaten they cremated you. The obit was in the paper. I’m guessing he paid someone to falsify it.”

“What! Why that bastard! Why would he be so cruel!” Brian raged.

“That’s exactly what he is. But son, calm down, please?”

Brian glanced at Justin and immediately sat down and held him.

“Why should I be surprised? I knew he wished I’d disappear.” Justin sniffed and leaned against Brian.

After he’d calmed down, his grandpa said, “Son, your dad drained your trust fund, so I’m going to give it to you again. I don’t want you to argue. You didn’t do it, he did. I’m giving you ten million now, and when I die, you’ll have ten more. Mark’s going to look into it, and see if we can sue your sperm donor to recover it.”

“Mark became a lawyer and Dan’s a pediatrician. Dan also wants to buy you a car. Your choice, okay? Brian, is that okay with you? Jenny says you’ve been after Justin to let you buy him one. You already got him the beautiful house that Jenny showed us pictures of. Dan will buy the car, okay?”

“Fine with me, Papa Pat. Maybe he won’t argue with Dan about it.”

Picking up his phone, Pat called Dan. “Are you agreeing with this, Justin? Okay, what kind of car?”

“I kinda like the new Ford Broncos. The loaded ones.That okay, Bri?”

“Let me see. Huh, not bad, Sunshine. I can live with that. But it’s your car.”

“Okay then, Brian, you and Justin go to the Ford dealer tomorrow. Danny will meet you there. Let’s say 9:00?”

“I need to be at a meeting at eight in the morning, but we could be there by 9:15. Is that okay?”

Mark came into the house and saw Justin and Brian. “Hey, look who’s here!” He gave Brian a big hug. “Hey, big fella! Long time no see. Justin, your man was one hell of a soccer player. Give me a hug, little one.”

Getting settled, he said, “You gonna get that car tomorrow, Justin?”

“Yeah, Brian has a meeting in the morning, but we will be there by 9:15. I’ll tag along to Kinnetik and hang around the art department.”

“Then why don’t I pick you up at Kinnetik? We can eat brunch somewhere afterwards,” Mark said. “Okay? Great!”

____________________

The next day, Michael saw Justin leave with Brian. He followed them to Kinnetik. He parked a ways down the street, but ended up falling asleep. He woke up to see Justin getting in a strange car and leaving. He lost track of them once, but after driving around for a bit, he saw the car at the Ford dealership. He parked and got out. A Jeep Cherokee pulled up and a man got out. He saw Justin come barreling out the door and jump up wrapping his arms and legs around the man. They just stood there and held each other.

Standing inside, Brian growled, “Why the hell is Michael here?”

“It looks like he’s snapping pictures with his phone, Brian. Same old Mikey,” Mark sneered. “Looking to cause trouble. Please tell me you can read him better now.”

“Yes, I can. It took me long enough, but I’ve been building up to telling him off good and proper. So far, Justin said he’s just being his whiny self. He thought Justin would go to New York and he’d have me to party with. The thing is, I’m changing. I just hope Justin realizes that. When the bomb went off at Babylon, my nightclub, Justin was inside. Mikey was badly hurt. After almost losing Justin once, that was a big wake up call. I finally found my balls and told him I love him. I try to say it every day.”

“Damn, Brian. You guys okay now?”

“That little bastard! Mikey just waved his phone at Justin and flipped him off. I give it ten minutes and he’ll call me.” At a ding, ding, ding, Brian looked at his messages. “He sent two pictures. I know he took more than this.” Shaking his head, he huffed a laugh. “The two he sent looks like they’re kissing. Look at these.”

The phone rings and Brian answers it. Mark leans in to listen too.

“Brian! Did you see what I sent? That little whore is doing it again. He was all over this guy at the Ford dealership.”

“I saw the pictures. Tell you what, you meet me at the diner at six, and I’ll make sure Justin is there... see you then.”

Closing his phone, he shakes his head. “I’m afraid I’m gonna be minus Mikey as a friend. He just won’t leave Justin alone.”

Dan and Justin walk inside the building and complete the sale of the Bronco.

“Brian, I’m gonna have a palette painted on the back quarter panel on each side. I’m gonna have a small wide brush on it and a mixture of red colors down the sides. It will be ready Wednesday at six p.m. to pick up.”

Mark threw his arm around Dan’s shoulders, and said, “ Let’s go get some food. Where’s the best place?”

“The Country Kitchen is two blocks down from here. It serves a late breakfast bar. How about there?”

The four found an outdoor table with no one around. “Brian? What is Michael up to? I don’t trust him.”

“Look at these pictures he sent. He thinks you’re cheating. Don’t say it, Justin, I would have asked who he was. But there is one thing. Dan hold up your right arm. See that on his arm? That’s a birthmark. It’s visible in the picture. So I would have asked you how you knew Dan. I know Mikey hates that you won’t go to New York. So he and Linds will keep trying to find a way to make you leave. Justin, you do realize I haven’t been tricking, don’t you? Why trick when I have the best at home?”

After eating, they went out to the house. They uncovered a living room set and sat talking. The fridge worked, so Brian got a twelve-pack of beer and they each had two beers. They talked about their non-communication leading to the Ethan fiasco.

“I was a total asshole to him. If I could go back and change things... but I know I can’t.” Brian shakes his head. “Sunshine, I am so sorry for how I acted towards you. I don’t deserve you. But I’m so glad you are still here with me. I’d like to do something if you want to. I’ve been thinking about this since I knew you weren’t leaving. I’d like to get an LDP. Mark? Can we set up an account in my name, and an account in Justin’s, with the other getting the money if something happens to one of us? Then we could put some money we each have in one account to have together.”

“Brian, no one in the family is going to think you want Justin’s money. I’m willing to bet you’re a millionaire yourself,” Dan said.

“Well yes, I am. I have ten million in the bank. Plus some stocks. Then I own Babylon, my loft, and Kinnetik. They have no mortgages.” Seeing Justin’s face, Brian says. “You mean you didn’t know, Sunshine?”

“How much do you owe on this place, Brian?” Mark said.

“I pay a thousand a month. Five months and it’s paid for.”

“Brian, suppose I pay the remainder, and for the renovations that we want to do? The place looks in good shape,” Justin said.

“How about we pay halves on reno and furniture? Would that be okay?”

“Okay, Bri. I guess we could do it that way. Thanks, Bri,” Justin said, giving him a big smile.

“All right, you two. I’ll get my secretary to fax over the papers for filing an LDP,” Mark tells them.

Dan laughed and said, “You know, sis and Mom are going to want you to do a commitment ceremony. You don’t have to say the marriage vows. The LDP ties you tighter than marriage does.”

Justin sits on Brian’s lap and plants a big one on him. “Thank you, Bri. I’d love to do that. I’ve noticed you’re making lots of positive changes.”

“You know I don’t do anything I don’t want to, Justin,” Brian tells him, placing a small kiss on his head.

“Brian, after today, I don’t want to draw Rage anymore with Michael. I texted Doug from the Middleton Publishing House and told him. Brent, another artist, offered me $50,000 for my half of the comic.

“Don’t look at me like that, Dan. I wrote a comic book with Michael. He did the dialogue. I drew the characters. But with his messing with Brian and my life, I’d prefer to sell. We have time to go see them today before going to the diner to meet Michael.”

“Okay, we’ll all go. We should be done in time to meet the asshole at the diner.” Brian laughed.

____________________

Later, after they had left the meeting with Doug and Brent and were heading toward the diner...

“Well, it serves Michael right. Thank God the publishers were understanding about the two issues Michael sent in. I’m not surprised Michael tried to cut JT out. At least Brent put a stop to that,” Brian ranted. “We’re here, guys, let’s go inside.”

Settling in the back booth, Brian and Justin were on one side and Dan and Mark on the other. They noticed Deb was working. So when she came over, Brian introduced her. She remembered Dan, but had never met Mark. Brian showed her the pictures Michael took and told her about the call.

“Why can’t he leave you and Sunshine alone? What are you going to do?”

“Ma, I’m gonna call him out on it. I told you I was there, but I was inside. This is the last straw, our friendship is over. Justin has to come first.”

They heard the bell and saw Michael come in. Seeing Brian sitting at the back, he hurried over to him.

“Brian! Did you tell him yet what I saw and sent you? You’ve fucked up for the last time, boy wonder. He’s gonna kick you to the curb, and we’ll be back to where we should be.”

“Michael Charles Novotny, you’re still spouting the same old bullshit,” Dan said, getting Michael’s attention.

“You have no right... Wait! Brian, this is the guy I saw Justin kissing! I can’t believe he brought him here!”

“Michael, this is Justin’s uncle. Dan and I were in college together. In fact, we both played soccer. This is his partner, Mark. You met them years ago.”

“Well, if they hadn’t been hugging and kissing each other in public, I wouldn’t have gotten the wrong idea.”

“Michael! First, they weren’t ‘kissing’, and second, quit making excuses! You were trying to cause trouble! That’s why you sent me the pictures, isn’t it? I’m not excusing you this time. That comment you made about us being back to where we should be? Just where did you intend for ‘us’ to be? You’re married to a good man, yet you constantly try to get me to go back to my old ways. I’m over the tricking, Michael! I love Justin and I plan to make a life with him. I don’t want you around us anymore. Our friendship is over!”

“This is your fault, boy wonder! I’ll get someone else to draw Rage. You’ll be sorry!”

“Too late, Michael, I already went to Doug and Brent today. I sold my part of the comic to Brent with the stipulation that the character’s faces had to be changed. Brian had me get a patent on them. So starting now, Brent is going to draw the comic.”

“You can’t do that!” Michael yelled.

“Mark’s a lawyer and he was with me. Everything that was agreed between Brent and me, was legal. I wish you luck with the changes, Michael. I hope it’s successful for you and Brent, because I just don’t want to be involved any longer.” With that, the four men got up, hugged Deb, and walked out.

Michael was left yelling at Brian not to walk away from him

____________________

The next day they signed the LDP papers. It was a slow day at Kinnetik, so they got a hotel suite and spent the night celebrating.

Brian combed his fingers through Justin’s hair. “I love your hair long. I love the color of your skin, your sparkling blue eyes, and your smile. The first night we were together, I knew you were different. But at the same time, you scared me; you were so trusting. What’s worse, is that you almost wore me out with your energy. But I wouldn’t change a thing.” He tenderly kissed Justin. The love he felt finally showing openly.

“Why did you say you loved me when you came that night? Was it the E you had taken? Because you didn’t drink anymore that night. I don’t expect you to say you were already in love with me.”

“In a way I was; I was in love with your youth. Your complete trust in me to take care of you. You were so gorgeous, and your unbridled laughter. At the same time, I didn’t know what love was. I just know that when I stopped and thought about you, I knew I was in trouble.

“When you asked me to the prom, I really did mean it when I said no. But with my thirtieth birthday, I had hit the dreaded age, so after Michael told me off for trying scarfing, I decided to go. But I shouldn’t have.”

“Brian, it wasn’t your fault. Daphne and I talked about it. She thinks Chris was jealous of me being out. She thinks it would have happened no matter what. It was neither of our faults, although I didn’t help things by outing him on Liberty Avenue that night about the handjob.”

Justin began to nibble at Brian, slowly tasting and licking all over his body. Caressing with his fingers all the hot spots he knew Brian had. “Let me hear you, Brian. I love the little noises you make. I love how you squirm when I find your hot spots, places only I’m allowed to touch. Turn over, and let me make love to you.”

Turning over and spreading his legs, Brian gave access to the place only Justin could go to. He loved what his lover did to him. The tension built within him, until he couldn’t stand it anymore, as Justin prepared him for what was to come.

“Justin, please. I want more. I need to cum. Love me now, please.”

“Turn over, Brian, I want to see your beautiful hazel eyes. I want us to watch each other.”

He slowly began to enter the man he had loved for so long, pausing when he saw a flash of pain in his eyes. Finally bottoming out, they started to rock back and forth. Working together, bodies fitting together. Brian raised himself enough to meet Justin’s lips. They took turns licking and nibbling, their tongues dueling together. The intense feelings building in their bodies until Brian’s muscles clenched around Justin. He felt Brian’s cum spurting between them, stream after stream. His orgasm hit him and he cried out. He heard Brian cry out, I love you, just like their first time and knew this time, he really did mean it. They collapsed in exhaustion.

After taking a shower, they propped up pillows and sat close together in bed, Brian’s head on Justin’s shoulder, with Justin’s leaning against it.

“Baby, I’m so glad I’ve been able to talk more openly with you. You can ask me anything you want to.”

“When you proposed, then changed so quickly, was that really what you wanted? I’ve wondered if I hurt your feelings, that wasn’t my intent if I did.”

“I meant every word, and you know I don’t lie. It’s all in communication, baby. We both got upset. I should have explained my actions to you. Looking back, maybe it was an overreaction, but I didn’t realize that. I love you so much. You’re my world, my everything. Someday, when it’s legal, I want to be able to marry you. With the LDP, I already consider you my husband.”

“I feel the same way. I wish I’d spoken more calmly with you. I was afraid of what would happen once you calmed down,” Justin replied giving Brian a kiss. “You have no reason to feel insecure about me. We are strong-willed men. At times we will disagree, but I promise you this, I will never leave you. There are many rooms at Britin. If we need space, we can go outside. I can go to my studio and paint. You have your study. But I hope we can talk it out since we have both decided to open up.”

“I agree, Justin. We should be able to talk about our differences. I promise I will never leave you, either.”

Rearranging their pillows, they were soon spooned together, Brian behind Justin, and drifted off to sleep.

____________________

The next day they ordered breakfast in their room.

“Do you have a busy day, love?” Justin asked while they were sipping their second cup of coffee.

“I have The Peabody account to present today. The art department needs to work on the boards for Brown Athletics. I have a meeting with Leo on Wednesday, who’s coming here for a change. He and his wife are going on vacation.

“Then Thursday I have a trip to New York to meet with Kelly of Eyeconics. Would you like to go along? We could take the weekend. Check out Piemonte’s Furniture store. Perhaps we could place an order for the house.

“What are your plans today, Sunshine?”

“I think I will look at furniture online, just to get an idea of what they have. I have a basic idea of how I want the interior to look. I thought we might use a cream on the walls. The drapes and furniture would add color. What do you think? Tell you what, I’ll take a sketch pad and draw out the rooms. Let you see what I mean.”

“Sounds good to me. You’re the artist, Sunshine. You handle the colors. We can pick out the furniture this weekend.”

____________________

Later that week, armed with the sketchbook with the pictures of the rooms, Brian and Justin went to Piemonte’s to shop for furniture. Justin had found some farmhouse furniture; Brian was a little leery, but actually liked it, as it wasn’t what he thought it would be. There was a rustic feel to the table and chairs, the buffet, and the side table.

They bought a Rory extendable dining table, it was large enough for family dinners. They found a smaller Meidinger table, to place by the window in the kitchen, for breakfast and lunches, along with four barstools. They also found two sofas they liked; one was a light blue Sedgley round arm sofa and the other, was a Pearl Barksdale recessed arm sofa in coordinating colors, and two Farrell armchairs and ottomans, and lastly, an Elissa chaise lounge. For their family room, they bought two Tavion genuine leather blue recliners and two plum Burson flared arm sofas. Two, three-piece Cedric coffee table sets were placed in the two rooms as well. For the bedroom, they purchased a Shallowater sleigh bed with nightstands, and of course, Brian got the best bedding you could buy.

By the time they were done, the house was completely furnished, along with a fully-equipped entertainment room. The basement would have a gym, plus two pool tables, and an entertainment center.

Justin was pleased that Brian was so easily pleased by his choices.

Brian willingly went along to MoMA, but only after they hit all of Brian’s favorite clothing stores.

They spent Sunday relaxing and enjoying a few rounds of their favorite activity, before catching the evening flight home.
End Notes:
The boys will soon be moving to Britin.
Chapter 2 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
Brian has had enough.
2.

Brian’s POV:

It took two months to finish Britin. We had the floors refinished, walls re-painted, and we purchased curtains to match the walls and the new furnishings. New remote-controlled garage doors were installed, and a covered walkway from the garage to the kitchen door was constructed. We surrounded our property with a wrought iron eight-foot-tall fence with security features, and our driveway had an iron gate only accessed by pre-programmed fingerprints. We also hired a family consisting of a cook, a gardener, and a groundskeeper. There was a two-bedroom cottage on the grounds, set back away from the house, but not a far walk to the house, that they were living in.

We moved in on a Friday evening. Our clothes and other items we wanted from the loft had been delivered and placed in our bedrooms. When we arrived, I slung Justin over my shoulder and carried him in and upstairs to our bedroom. We eagerly undressed each other, our hands and lips touching anywhere we could reach. I used my fingers to open him for me while bringing his nipples to hard nubs. I finally sheathed myself and entered my favorite place. After napping, and then Justin getting a turn at his favorite place, we went downstairs to eat the stew that Eliza, our cook, had fixed and left in the crock-pot for us.

The next day, Jus went in to help at Kinnetik as we were extremely busy. When we arrived home, Dan and Mark were waiting for us at the house; Mark had had business in town, but had gotten done earlier than us. We went to pick up Gus, as it was our weekend to have him. Lindsey insisted that she and Mel should see the house in order to approve it for Gus. So we told them to come on out, although we didn’t mention that Dan and Mark and their two kids would be here too. Rob was fourteen and Sarah Jane was six.

We showed the girls around, then Gus and Sarah went into the entertainment room with Rob watching over them. Of course, while Justin was getting our drinks, Lindsey followed him into the kitchen. It wasn’t long before we heard, ‘LIKE FUCK YOU WILL!’

We all hurried in, just in time to hear how I had sex with Lindsey once and how much I enjoyed it. I could only think, ‘Oh shit, this isn’t going to be good.’ You see Dan, Mark, and I knew something Lindsey and Mel didn’t know. I had actually told Justin once, but so far he hadn’t told anyone. Then that stupid Dan had to start laughing.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Lindsey demanded.

Dan looked at me with an incredulous look on his face. “Brian, you were serious? She really doesn’t know? She seriously didn’t realize it?” He burst out laughing again, joined by Mark. Justin had a smug look on his face.

I saw Rob stick his head in the door, then quickly pull Gus and Sarah back out.

“Lindsey, that night you’re referring to, I was with Brian. All three of us were drunk, although Brian and I weren’t nearly as drunk as you. I was the one who fucked you, while he fucked me. Mark and I weren't in a committed relationship yet. When I drank, I sometimes picked up women.”

“You son of a bitch! You’re lying! I know who fucked me, and it was Brian!”

Dan turned to Mel, and said, “Tell me, Mel, does Lindsey have a crescent scar on her inner left thigh close to her pussy? Also a mole at the top of her ass crack?”

“Uhhh, yes, yes she does.” Mel’s eyes widened, then she busted laughing. “Oh my God. Brian was on top of Dan and Dan was on top of you. Brian never fucked you! All these years, you’ve been dreaming about the wrong dick,” and she burst out laughing again.

Lindsey exploded, and slapped Dan's face. “I never did like you! You really enjoyed revealing that, didn’t you? Do you know how humiliating that was? DO YOU?!” She turned and stomped out of the kitchen door, going out onto the patio.

Wiping her eyes, Mel said, “Give her a minute and I’ll go talk to her. Brian, why didn’t you ever tell her or me? Well, I probably would have called you a liar.”

“Mel, I simply didn’t care. I’m gay. I sure as hell wasn’t going to decide all of a sudden I was straight and marry Lindsey. When I asked Justin to marry me, I told him about it. I was surprised when he just laughed his ass off and said to let her have her dreams. But I am not surprised Dan told her.”

“Mel, I’ve only been with three women when I’ve been drinking, and all three were during my college years. I never drank a lot in high school. Dad would have had my hide. After Lindsey, I stopped drinking as much.”

“Let me go talk to her. I should be mad, but I’m not, is that wrong? I can’t believe she really didn’t know. Was she really that drunk, or in her delusions, was enjoying the idea of it being Brian?”

“I think she thought it was Brian. She wasn’t really that drunk, but she had drunk a couple of more drinks than us.”

_________________________

Justin’s POV:

After calming Lindsey down, we served the casserole that had been made out of the stew along with a garden salad and dinner rolls. I also put together ice cream sundaes.

You could tell Lindsey was still a bit pissed when they left. She even tried to take Gus home. Well, Brian put a stop to that, which pissed her off again. It didn’t help that Mel sided with Brian for a change. Gus and Sarah were asleep in their rooms and Rob was playing video games.

“Justin, now that the girls are gone, what happened between you and Lindsey?” At Justin’s hesitation, Brian said, “Remember, we talk openly.”

“She said that I hadn’t won, and that she would see to it that you’d make me go to New York,” I hesitate, take a deep breath, then continue, “and that she would be living here with Gus, and the two of you would be a couple.”

“What the hell? Is she crazy?!” Brian exclaimed.

“I told her that you were gay and had no interest in her worn-out twat. I said you wouldn’t touch her with a ten-foot dildo. That’s when she said, ‘you just wait, it won’t be very long before I’ll be the one in Brian’s bed.’ I didn’t know what to say or do. Mel was here, and I didn’t want to start a fight with Gus here. I just figured I’d wait and tell you tonight.”

“Hell, I don’t know what to do about her. If she would say something like that in front of me, I could tell her how I don’t have one bit of desire for her, and hell would freeze over, before I set up house with her.”

“We’ll figure it out, Bri. Just don’t worry about it.”

_________________________

Ted, Blake, Em, and Drew came out on Sunday and they played a six-man soccer game. Ted and Em cheered the others on. Justin and Blake surprised everyone by doing a passable job of playing. Turns out, Blake had played soccer as a kid. Justin simply said, ‘it’s not that I can’t play sports, I just that I don’t play very well. I prefer art.’ Justin had on tight shorts so Brian goofed up on a few plays, sidetracked by watching Justin’s ass.

That night, Brian and Justin watched a movie while relaxing with a glass of wine and some cheese. Gus was sound asleep in bed having played hard with his new friends.

“You know, Bri? I enjoyed today, even while playing soccer. We should do that again. Maybe we could play tennis one weekend. Have you ever played tennis?”

“I tried years ago with Lindsey at the country club. I wasn’t bad, but not good either. Maybe we could find someone to come out and give us lessons on Saturdays. Have you ever ridden horses, or are you allergic?”

“Yeah, I have. My grandpa Taylor had horses. Have you ridden?”

“You want to find a place to buy some horses and take lessons? I used to ride at my mom’s uncle’s house. It was the one time I enjoyed myself as a kid. He was a good guy.”

“I think that would be fun. We can get a pony for Gus to learn to ride.”

“I don’t know how much he’ll get to ride, when he’ll be living in Canada.”

“Do you plan on supporting them? I researched it, and it’s going to be a couple of years before Mel will be able to practice law. She’s going to have to take classes before she can pass the Canadian Bar. A law clerk won’t make much. If Lindsey goes to work, you add daycare for Gus and JR. Either way, they won’t make enough to live on. Plus, either a rental house or buying one will be expensive. They’ll need another car too.”

“Hell no, I’m not supporting them. They’re the ones wanting to run away. Once they leave with my son, they’re on their own. I’m hoping to figure out how to keep them here, before the two weeks are up.”

_________________________

Brian stood outside looking at all the plants, which consisted of flowering shrubs, and flower beds with mixed seasonal flowers. Skip, the gardener, was tilling the rows for the vegetable garden.

“Justin? Am I going to be fending off your snotty nose when these flowers bloom?”

“No Brian, I have medicine for my allergies. For the most part, we’ve picked out plants I’m not allergic to. Plus, the meds won’t put me to sleep.”

Brian’s phone rings. “Hey, Mark! What’s up? Really? That’s great. Our neighbors? Towards the Pitts, or further down from us? Did you join up with our lawyer, Dave Willis? He’s a good man. Didn’t Dan say he’s opening up a practice? Uh-huh. Oh, he’s working on getting interns from the med school? Justin’s best friend, Daphne, is studying to be in pediatrics, as well. Okay, text me your number. Chat later. Bye.”

_________________________

The next day while Brian was at work, and Justin was visiting with Debbie - who had the day off from work - Lindsey was packing some boxes getting ready for the move. She heard Gus in the hallway, and went to see why he wasn’t getting his stuff together.

“Mommy? Why do we have to move? I don’t want to leave Daddy and Jussin.” Gus asked her.

“Daddy will come and visit, Lambskin.”

“Why can’t we stay here? I don’t want to move. Will I be able to come back and visit on weekends?”

“No, Gus! You can’t ride on a plane by yourself!”

“Then I don’t want to go! I want to stay here with Daddy and Jussin! That way Daddy can keep teaching me soccer and Jussin can paint with me.”

“Justin doesn’t have time to paint with you.”

“Yes, he does. Papa Jussin gives me my own canvas to paint on.”

“Gus, DON'T call him papa. He’s not your papa.”

“Daddy told me that he and Papa Justin had a commitment ceremony and they signed a partner paper. He said Jussin is his husband now. He said I could call Jussin, Papa. He said so, Mommy.“

“Well, I say you can’t. Now, be quiet!”

“If Daddy says I can, then I’m calling him papa. He’s my Papa Jus...”

With that, Lindsey grabbed Gus and shook him, slapped him, then let him go with a shove. The force of the shove sent him falling down the stairs.

Melanie came in the door just in, and seeing Gus tumbling down the stairs, she dropped everything and ran up the stairs and grabbed Gus, trying to break his fall.

“Gus! Are you all right? You have to be careful on the stairs!”

“Mommy shook me and slapped me and gave me a big shove. It made me fall down the stairs.” Gus started sobbing and clinging onto Melanie.

“Where is Mommy?”

“She was carrying boxes out of your bedroom to the hallway. She got upset about me calling Jussin, Papa, and then she shook me, slapped me, and shoved me! She did, Mama, honest. Owww, my arm hurts to move it! And my face hurts where she slapped me.”

“Lindsey! Lindsey! Why the hell did you shake and shove Gus? He fell down the stairs. I’m taking him to get checked out. You stay here with JR.”

Getting in the car, she grabs her phone and calls Kinnetik.

“Cynthia, it’s Melanie Marcus. Gus fell down the stairs. Tell Brian I’m taking him to Allegheny. His arm hurts him.”

She stops outside the emergency entrance. A guard tells her to just leave the keys in the car and he’d park it for her. She carries Gus in and tells the nurse his father is coming, and that his name is Brian Taylor-Kinney. She also lets them know his partner, Justin Taylor-Kinney, might show up as well.

Brian shows up in less than ten minutes. Melanie is holding a crying Gus and trying to fill papers out.

“Daddy! Daddy! Oh here’s Papa. Papa!”

Brian takes Gus and he and Justin follow the nurse in a room. He tells them Melanie will want to follow. Melanie walks in. After they take him for an X-ray they meet back in the room. An upset Lindsey has joined them. Nobody notices the policeman standing just outside the doorway with Carl.

“Gus? What exactly happened that you fell?”

“I didn’t fall! I was telling Mommy I didn’t want to move away from Daddy and Papa Jussin. I was trying to talk her into letting me stay here. She grabbed me and shook me, then slapped me and shoved me down the stairs. We were at the top of them.”

“He’s just confused; I didn’t shove him! He was upset and fell.”

“No, no, no! Mommy, you’re lying! You got upset because I called my Jussin, Papa. He is my papa now. He lets me paint with him. He does. Tell her, Papa Jussin.”

“Lindsey, what the hell happened?”Justin said.

“I told you, he just got upset and fell, and you’re not his papa!”

“Lindsey. Brian and Justin are together now. He can be called Papa Justin. What in the hell did you do?” Melanie demanded

“Dammit! He wouldn’t stop talking about Justin! He got on my nerves with his Jussin, Jussin, Jussin! So I shook him, slapped him, and shoved him away from me!”

Lindsey’s eyes widened and her hands covered her mouth. She backed away towards the door. “Mel? Peter?” Catching sight of Justin, she screamed, “YOU! This is all your fault...”

“ARRGHH!!” She grabs her hair and starts pulling at it, managing to pull thick strands out.

She turns to run, but Carl stops her. “Not so fast, Lindsey. We heard everything you said, plus what Gus said, as well. Officer Jones...”

Carl steps aside, but before the officer can cuff her, Mel steps up and slaps her, hard.

Before they can get her out the door, Lindsey lunges at Justin and uses her foot to shove him, screaming at him and cussing up a storm. He stumbles into the medicine cart, which crashes to the floor, with Justin going down on top of it, a scalpel plunging into his arm. Thankfully, it was a clean one.

Brian starts for her, but Carl gets there first. “Officer Jones, cuff her, immediately!”

Mel looks at Lindsey with hatred in her eyes. She waited till Lindsey was cuffed, then said, “You bitch, you shook and slapped our son. What kind of mother shoves their child down the stairs? Hell, you’re not a mother, just an abusive person. You could have killed him!”

Meanwhile, Brian wrapped a towel around Justin’s arm applying pressure. Without thinking, Justin had already pulled the scalpel out, causing a doctor to come running.

Two hours later, Gus had a cast on his arm, as there was a small fracture. The tests showed no concussion or severe breaks. Justin’s arm was cleaned and had required four stitches in it.

Lindsey ended up being charged with child endangerment, child abuse, recklessly causing bodily harm, and willful assault on Justin.
Chapter 3 by Frosty70
3.

The day came for Lindsey's trial, and the courthouse was packed. The judge decided it would a lot easier on Gus to hear his testimony in his chambers, instead of being in front of a lot of people. So after Gus, Brian, Mel, and both lawyers for the case were settled in his chambers, Gus told the judge what happened.

In the end, Lindsey was charged with child abuse, child endangerment, and recklessly causing bodily harm. The judge decided to run the sentences consecutively, and she was given a total of forty-seven years. Because there was a child involved, she wouldn’t have a chance for parole for thirty years.

Then it was decided she should also be charged for assaulting Justin, and she was given an additional ten for Justin’s assault.

The next day after work, Brian stopped by Mel’s house. He found her loading boxes in the U-Haul that was leased for the move to Canada.

“What in the hell, Mel? Gus loses his mommy to prison and you still plan to move him to Canada, anyway? You aren’t taking my son away after everything that’s happened!”

Taking a hold of Brian’s arm, Mel says. “Brian, BRIAN! Calm down!” She pulls him into a hug. “We aren’t going anywhere; I’m just getting rid of Lindsey’s shit. Okay?”

“God, I’m sorry, Mel. This has been a nightmare. We’ve lost a member of our family. I never dreamed she could do what she did.”

“It’s unbelievable, Brian. I… I’m barely holding it together. I don't think I can live here anymore. I wasted so many years with Lindsey. It’s... it’s like she hated Justin because he wouldn’t do what she wanted him to. No, it wasn’t your fault. My eyes are open now to so much more of her manipulations.”

They loaded the rest of the boxes and then Justin showed up.

“Hi, Mel. Hey, big guy. You two okay?” He hugs Mel and gives Brian a kiss. “Is this all Lindsey’s stuff?”

“Yeah. I wanted it out of the house. I was telling Brian I don’t think I can live here anymore.”

Justin and Brian looked at each other. Brian raises an eyebrow, and Justin gives a small nod.

“You know, Mel, there’s plenty of room at Britin. You, Gus, and JR could move in there until you find someplace else. There are some extra rooms on one side that you could all use. I could paint a mural in one room for JR. There’s a bedroom that’s large enough to put a loveseat and rocker recliner in it for you. I think we could even put your desk in it too. What do you think? Do you think you two could live in the same house together?” Justin finished with a smirk.

“Well, I guess I could manage. If you fix the rooms up like you said, we’d have some privacy.”

“Justin, isn't there a balcony in Mel's bedroom?” With Justin’s nod, he continues, “I thought so. That will be nice for you to relax on with some tea. I’ll call some movers who will pack and move you in the next few days. You can rent a storage space if you want.”

“There are just two rooms with a balcony. Mel’s and ours. Although for nighttime sitting, we need to screen them in, in order to keep the mosquitoes out.”

“I’ll call the movers and you can talk to them. Hey, Sonny boy!”

Gus runs in and jumps in his dad's arms.

“Hi, Daddy! Hi, Papa! Mama, I feel all rested now. I’m hungry.”

“Mel, you think you can handle the diner for dinner? You wouldn’t have to change.”

“Sure. How about I put the kids’ seats in the jeep. You take them on ahead and I’ll drop these boxes off at Goodwill, unhook the U-Haul here, and then join you. We’ll need the U-Haul for moving all our stuff to Britin.”

_____________________

Deb was working an evening shift at the diner. Shortly after Mel got there, Michael came in.

“There’s my honeybun. What are you guys doing together?”

“Might as well tell you now, so you know. We’re moving into Britin,” Mel informs him.

“What?! Why?! I can’t drive out there every day to see my honeybun! What’s wrong with your house?”

“Michael, I don’t want to live there anymore, there are too many memories of Lindsey. So Brian and Justin offered some rooms for us at Britin. The movers that Brian knows, are coming the day after tomorrow. They’ll pack up the house for me. You don’t come to see JR every day, anyway; why make such a big deal because I’m moving?”

“Justin won’t let me come out there, because it’s his house,” Michael says with a sneer.

“Michael, did I say you couldn’t come out and visit JR?” Justin asked.

“Well no, but you...”

“Michael, as long as you don’t snipe at Justin, we don’t have any problem if you visit JR. You simply can’t stay overnight,” Brian added.

“Of course, Justin won’t let me stay overnight.”

Thwack! “Michael Charles Novotny! Why is everything Justin’s fault? Brian said no overnights, not Justin! You do have a husband, you know. So why would you even WANT to stay overnight? Ben has papers to grade at night, and you need to be home with him, not at Britin! Grow up, for fuck’s sake!” Deb shook her head at Michael.

_____________________

Things got moved, although most of it went into storage, and Mel and the kids got settled at Britin. Mel was surprised when she saw the new bed coverings for her, which were beautiful blue-flowered sheets, and a matching blue duvet. They even put peace lilies on each side of the French doors. There was even a blanket to use when the evening was chilly on the balcony.

“Oh, this is lovely! Justin, you shouldn’t have.” In spite of Brian shaking his head, Justin piped up.

“I didn’t, Brian got those.” He giggled and kissed the glare off Brian’s face.

_____________________

Brian sat on the patio smoking a cigarette and talking to Dan on the phone. Justin walked out, grabbed the cigarette, took a puff, and put it out.

“Hey, I was smoking that.”

“Remember? We’re quitting. No more smoking. I haven’t had any, except that single puff. Hun, I want you healthy. Cold turkey, right? Just suck on a mint instead.” He settled on Brian’s lap.

“I hate menthol cigarettes. Why would I suck on a mint? I’d rather suck on you.” He leers, palming Justin’s package.

“Hey, Bri! TMI,” Dan cuts in. “That’s my nephew, ya know. I’d better go anyway. I’ll let you know what happens. Later.”

“What’s going on?” Justin settled closer, trapping Brian’s hand between his thighs.

“Grammy finally found the newspaper with the fake obituary. Mark went over there and got it, and is going to file fraud charges against Craig. He has the bank records of the withdrawals. You realize that all hell’s gonna break lose, don’t you?” Brian asks.

“He’s the one in the wrong, and I’m not responsible for what he did. It’s them charging him, not me.”

“Like he’s going to care.”

“True.”

_____________________

The next day as Mel took the kids to daycare, Justin went in with Brian to Kinnetik; they had four campaigns to get done in a week.

Brian heard his secretary shout, “Sir! You can’t go in there.”

“I don’t care! I want to talk to that perverted son of mine and his so-called husband.” Craig stormed into Brian’s office.

“Where’s Justin? Get him here, now!”

“I’m doing no such thing. You’re leaving. You’re the one who pulled the stunt, not Justin or I. Now leave!”

Craig steps threateningly toward Brian.

“You caught me unaware once, Taylor. You won’t get a second chance, as I’ll knock you on your ass! Now, I said get out!! Fred! Ernie! Remove Mr. Taylor from the premises.”

“Tell Justin to drop the charges, or he’ll be sorry.”

“I didn’t file the charges, my grandparents did,” Justin said entering the office, then circled around a struggling Craig, who was being held by the security guards. Going to Brian, he wraps his arms around his waist and smiles at his sperm donor.

After Craig was removed from Brian’s office, Justin asks, “You okay?”

“Yeah. You?”

“He didn’t really surprise us, did he?”

“Can he pay the money back, plus the fine? He’s still paying alimony for Molly, isn’t he?” Brian pulled Justin to sit on the couch.

“Brian, he has four stores around the area. He could sell or mortgage the stores to pay it. If he doesn’t, he’ll see jail time.”

Brian dialed his phone. “Let me speak to Mark Alwin, please. It’s Brian Kinney... Mark, Craig was just here. My guards hauled him out of here. Guess we should enforce the restraining orders. Oh, really? He was there too?... No, he didn’t get violent, but he made a threatening move towards me...” Brian grabs Justin. “Down tiger. He didn’t touch me. He wasn’t gonna get a chance to touch me. Mark? I’ll let you get back to work. Later.”

_____________________

One Sunday afternoon Michael went out to visit JR at Britin. Gus was also in the room playing quietly. After a couple of hours, JR fell asleep in her father's arms. Mel took her to put her down in her crib. When she turned around, she noticed Michael was gone.

“Gus, stay here with your sister,” Mel ordered, as she flew out of the room in search of Michael.

Michael stepped out on the patio, and couldn’t believe his eyes. Justin had Brian on his back holding his legs in the air. Their mouths were locked together, staring into each other’s eyes. Justin was pounding into Brian.

“Justin, harder! Faster! So good!”

“WHAT THE FUCK!”

Mel steps out and grabs Michael by the arm and jerks him back in the house.

“I’ve got to stop him, Mel. Brian’s a top. He’s...”

“Justin’s husband. Justin isn’t doing anything that Brian doesn’t want him to do. I TOLD you to stay in my room. Brian knows you’re here. He just got home from a business trip. So yes, I told them I’d make sure Gus stayed upstairs with me so they could spend some time together. They were going swimming, but it looks like they ended up having some playtime.”

“He was being too rough!” Michael was furious.

“Michael, you should leave now. Don’t come back, from now on I’ll bring JR to you. Before you protest, you pay no support. I could take your visitation away from that alone. Now go!”

Michael crosses his arms and stomps out. He glares at Brian and Justin as he makes a point to use the patio to leave.

The two men came in a little while later to see Mel shaking her head at them.

“What's wrong? Where’s Mikey?” Brian asked.

“You didn’t notice what he did? I put JR down for a nap and he took off looking for you. He found you on the patio, otherwise occupied.”

“Guess I’ll hear about that tomorrow. Why’s he surprised? I love the feel of Justin’s big dick up my ass.”

“God, Brian. TMI. I told him I’d bring JR to him from now on.”

“I’ll make a point to talk to him. Okay with you, Sunshine?”

“Just one more chance. That’s it,” Justin said, shaking his head.

Justin fixed dinner for a change and they enjoyed family time at the table. This was getting to be a pleasant habit.

_____________________

The next day Justin fixed pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast. Brian had half a pancake with strawberry jam on it, two slices of bacon, and an egg. Afterward, while Justin and Gus painted, Brian drove to the diner to talk to Michael.

When he walked in, he saw Michael and Em sitting in the back booth. Debbie hugged Brian and asked if he knew what was up Michael’s ass.

Brian snickered, then snarked, “It’s not what’s up his ass. It’s what was up mine. Which if he’d stayed in Mel’s room as he was told to, he wouldn’t have seen in the first place.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Deb's eyes widened and she simply said, “Oh!”

Going to the back booth, Brian bumps Em over. “Hi Em, Mikey. Not talking today, Mikey?”

“I asked him. All he would say is ‘them’. I take it he means you and Justin?” Emmett questioned.

“I can’t believe you let him fuck you! He could have hurt you. He was too rough!”

“Mikey, I love for Justin to top me, and no, he wasn’t too rough. Haven’t you ever topped Ben?”

“That’s none of your business!”

“So that would be a ‘no’?”

Ben steps up to the table bumping Michael over.

“Are you still queening out over Justin topping Brian? Just because you don't like to top, as you prefer your prostate..."

Michael squealed, "Shut up, Ben! That's nobody’s business but ours.”

“Mike, I’m not surprised Justin tops Brian. Every fag loves to have his prostate massaged occasionally. I even used to bottom. In fact, I could almost bet Justin topped him occasionally back when they weren’t recognizing themselves as a couple.”

“He topped me on his eighteenth birthday, and also the morning after the night you got us thrown in jail that time and Carl got us out. Here’s something for you to queen about again... On his birthday, it was my first time bottoming.”

“I thought that you told me you bottomed in high school.”

“Nope. Never did. I bragged a lot to you back then. Get over it, Mikey. Deb! I want a dozen lemon bars to go. Hell, just give me the rest of what you’ve got.”

Taking the bars a few minutes later, he says, “I have to get to work. See ya later.”

_____________________

One week later, Craig Taylor sold two of his stores. He hated his ex-wife’s family. Damn their influence, and their wasp pull in the hierarchy. He could have mortgaged the stores or at least one of them, but between this damn lawsuit and the alimony that he paid for Molly...

Shit! His daughter wouldn’t even talk to him unless she had to. She was loyal to her faggot brother and her bitch of a mother. She’d come to his house and sit there for the weekend, but when she did talk, it was more to his girlfriend than to him. Oh well, he would have some money left after paying everything, which included the severance pay to the employees he couldn’t send to the remaining two stores.

Hell, maybe he should just leave Pittsburgh. His girlfriend wanted to move to Florida, anyway. Molly didn’t want the stores, she wanted to teach school. His queer son wanted to paint his little pictures. How the hell did he make so much from them? He just couldn’t understand it.

Yes! That’s what he’d do. He’d sell the remaining two stores; he’d leave the money from the sale of one for Molly. The other he’d use to pack up and move to Florida. What he had done was already making the rounds in the club. He’d seen the looks and heard the whispers.

He knocked back the rest of his scotch, threw some bills on the bar, and left to go arrange the sales and prepare to leave town.

_____________________

Michael’s POV:

I walk into Woody’s intent on getting shitfaced drunk, these last three weeks have finally gotten the better of me...

No matter where I go, I hear people talking and whispering, ‘Justin this, Justin that. Justin, how he...’ nope, I can’t even think about it. But instead of mocking Brian, they praised him for giving Justin everything, especially the one thing he’d never given any other man. I’m sick of it! My hatred of the twink whore has grown more and more. Brian was supposed to be mine, not anyone else’s. I knew when my mother interrupted that handjob, that Brian loved me. I hated her for it. If she hadn’t come in, Brian would be mine now.

The night Brian picked Justin up under that streetlight, still burns in my mind. Hell, he wasn’t even Brian’s type, and yet he kept coming around. No matter how much trouble I caused back then, Brian would drag Justin back into Woody's, the diner, or Babylon. Then he let him live with him, and Brian started changing; he started to mellow.

Thinking back to when Justin was with the fiddler, I knew Brian was taking someone to the loft, so I spied on him to see for sure. I couldn’t believe it! A Justin wannabe. What had happened to Brian? Then they got back together. Dancing close. Groins grinding. Tongues tangling. I was so mad that night at Babylon.

Then Brian got cancer, and after that, the recreational drugs dwindled to nothing. The tricking slowed down. So I followed Lindsey's advice, and like her, subtly mentioned things that slowly worked on Brian. He started pulling away. Justin moved out and we let him move in with us. Brian came over drunk, ranting and raving at me, saying I was the cause of it. I couldn’t believe it; he was actually miserable. Then Justin moved into that ratty apartment, and they were finally apart. But I noticed Brian watching Justin when he was working at the diner, longing in his eyes for him.

Then came the benefit, and Brian choosing instead to go to the white party. I knew Justin was pissed at Brian. Then the bomb happened before he even left. I heard how he’d clung to Justin when he found him and kept saying he loved him. Then he bought the house and proposed.

Then the write-up came in Art Forum. When Lindsey showed Justin the magazine and told him he needed to go to New York, he didn’t want to go. But after Lindsay talked to Brian, she got him to push Justin to go. But the damned twink wouldn’t leave. Now they're the same as married; husbands, they say.

I saw Justin with my daughter the other day. She was laughing and hugging him. No!! He will not take her away too. I will do something. I will put a stop to Justin interfering in my life and taking what’s mine.

But what should I do? How do I fix this, and get back what’s rightfully mine?
End Notes:
So what do you think Michael is going to do?
Chapter 4 by Frosty70
Author's Notes:
While the gang spends the day at Britin, what is Michael up to?
4.

Craig’s POV:

I can’t believe how fucking expensive property is in Florida, and now my girlfriend wants a condo on the beach. I have the money from the other two stores, except for what I gave Molly, and after going through my finances, I realize the only way I can swing it, is if I use Molly’s money. So I decided to go to the bank and arrange a transfer of Molly’s money to the bank I found in Daytona.

“What do you mean I can’t transfer that account? My name’s on it!” Craig yells.

“I’m sorry, sir, but that account has been frozen. The only way to withdraw from it, is to have all three signatures.”

Well, we’ll just see about that. I’m going to go talk to the bitch, Jennifer. I should be allowed to take that money out, since I put most of it in there.

I get to her house and bang on the door.

“Craig. What do you want?” Jennifer asks, looking none too happy to see me.

“I want you to unfreeze Molly’s account. I want to withdraw what I put in there,” Craig says.

“Craig, that’s Molly’s college money. I’m not giving that back.”

Grabbing Jennifer, he says, “Get Molly. You and I are going to the bank and you will give me what I want.”

“Molly isn’t the third signature, Craig. Mark Alwin is who signs with us.”

“What! That faggot? Molly! Get your things, you aren’t staying here. I’m going to my lawyer; I didn’t cut my family off from them, just for you to let them waltz back in.”

He tries to push his way in, but Molly suddenly appears and pushes him back out of the doorway with a strength belying her small stature. Craig’s arm draws back to strike her.

Suddenly Craig is grabbed and spun around, and he comes face to face with an angry Justin.

“What do you think you’re doing, huh? Come on, I’m not the weak teenager anymore that you always thought I was. You do realize there’s a restraining order against, don’t you? I suggest you be happy with the money you got from the sale from the rest of your stores. Now get out of here, while you can!”

A car door slams and Mark runs up to where Justin and his father stand.

“What the hell is going on here? Craig, you aren’t allowed here.”

“I want the money back I put in that little brats account. That’s all I want.” Grabbing Mark’s shirt, he bunches it up in his fists. “Then you’re gonna take that faggot husband of yours and stay away from my family.”

“Your family wants nothing to do with you. I suggest you leave or be jailed for being here. You have a restraining order against you. You can’t come within one-hundred yards of Jennifer Taylor, Molly Taylor, Justin Taylor-Kinney, or Brian Taylor-Kinney.”

“You give me that money and I’ll leave. I’m going to Florida, and then I’ll be away from the stench of this town full of faggots.”

“I’ve got a better idea. I’ll call my law partner and he can meet us at the bank. You can sign the last two stores over to me and I’ll give you what they're worth. Then you go to Florida, or hell, for all we care. But NEVER show your face here again. Deal?”

“I just sold those stores, and deposited the money from one of them in an account for Molly. I’ve changed my mind and I want that money back!”

“Uh, uh, uh, Craig. That’s a lie and you know it. I happen to know for a fact you still have two stores in Harrisburg. Now, get your hands off me, unless you want to lose them.”

Craig reluctantly drops his hands, then asks, “How did you know about them? If I sell them, I’ll lose any forthcoming income. I need to keep them!”

Nobody heard that another car had pulled up, until they heard, “I’m Detective Carl Horvath, and I just witnessed this conversation. So, Mr. Taylor, is it a deal? But either way you need to leave this property, and never come back. Or do I need to arrest you?”

“This... this is… Fuck! Come on then. I’ll deal with you.”

Mark leaves and follows Craig to the bank. Carl follows along to make sure nothing else happens.

Justin hurries in the house and hugs his sister and mother.

“Are you okay? I can’t believe that bastard.”

“We’re okay. Just a bit shook up,” Jennifer tells him.

“I’m not shaken up,” Molly pipes up. “I’m mad as fucking hell!”

“Language!” Shouts her mother and brother.

“You were very brave shoving our sperm donor like that, Molly.”

“Justin! Language!”

“What? I said nothing wrong. Sperm donor isn’t ‘swearing’, it’s just calling that freak of nature by what he really is to Molly and me.”

“Justin,” Jennifer sighs in exasperation.

____________________

Sometime later, Mark shows back up and assures them that Craig has the money, and that he now owns the stores.

“The money will be split between Molly, Justin, Dan, and you, Jennifer.

“Are you okay, Molly? You and Justin are nobody to mess with; I’m proud of both of you. I talked to a judge and he said under the circumstances, even with Craig promising to leave town, the restraining orders will stand. But if you see him before he leaves, promise me you'll keep your distance. I explained to the judge that you had to push the big bad man, because he looked like he was going to get violent, and he actually laughed.”

Justin gives him a curt nod in acceptance, but Molly glares for a bit before saying, “I suppose.”

“I swear you’re around Brian too much, Miss Molly. You have his stare down pat.”

____________________

The next day neighbors observe boxes being loaded onto a moving van. As it pulls away, Craig and his girlfriend pull out behind it. A ‘For Sale’ sign stands in the yard.

____________________

On Saturday, Emmett shows up bright and early at Britin, with Debbie and Carl in tow.

A very naked Brian opens the door and steps out. “What do you want! Do you realize it’s only eight in the morning?”

An arm reaches out the door with a pair of cutoffs. “Bri, for fuck’s sake! Put these on. Carl isn’t used to you naked.”

Brian goes back in the house, and a minute later, opens the door, and lets them in.

When they all enter the kitchen, Justin is making coffee, and wearing a similar pair of shorts. They set bags of various meats and vegetables on the counter.

“We’ve got ribs, t-bone steaks, a pork butt, ground beef for hamburgers, bratwurst, and hot dogs,” Em says. Seeing the look on Brian’s face he adds, “We’ll have plenty of leftovers to send home with everyone.”

Justin says, “I’ve got baked beans to put in the oven, and I’ll mix up a big bowl of potato salad. Grammy said to tell you, Bri, that she’s making her German potato salad and sweet and sour slaw. You should be able to eat that. Mom’s making strawberry-rhubarb and peach pies. Molly’s making chocolate pudding for the kids. Dan’s making a huge chocolate-pecan cheesecake with Mark's caramel sauce to pour over it.”

“Justin! You’re helping me work off the cheesecake. I won’t be able to resist it.”

Justin smiles and says,“He’s making an extra one for you. He said he made one in college and you ate three slices.”

Melanie comes in to join them grabbing a cup of coffee. I’ll make some broccoli salad.” She opens a plastic container. “I also made sticky buns for breakfast.”

Brian groans and lays his head down. Justin whispers to him, “We can slip away to play after you eat them. You know you love them. I’ll get my potatoes going, my eggs are already boiled and peeled.”

Deb says, “I’ve also got a large bowl of a cold Italian Pasta salad.”

Later that day, Ted, Blake, Drew, Ben, and Hunter showed up, followed by Dan, Mark, and their two children, as well as grammy and grampy. Jennifer and Molly showed up around noon.

“Where’s Mikey, Ben? He could have come,” Brian asks.

“I don’t know where he is. He was gone when we got up. I left a message for him,” Ben explains.

Mark asked Brian, “Did Justin tell you what he did yesterday?”

“All he said was that you had Craig sign over his last two stores to you, and that you gave him what they were worth, so that he’d leave the Pitts.

“Justin! What the hell did you do?”

Molly pipes up, “I started it. I pushed our sperm donor out the door and then Justin grabbed him by his arm and he almost fell. He was gonna beat his ass.”

“Molly! Language!” Everybody present yelled at the same time.

“Well, he was. He backed off when Justin yelled at him.”

“I thought we agreed to avoid him until he was out of town, Justin?” Brian asks.

“He was manhandling Mom, and then he raised his hand to slap Molly; he was getting violent. I wasn’t gonna stand for it. I had already called Carl.”

“That bastard! So you let the tiger out to play, huh?” Brian said, crowding Justin against the counter.

Debbie cackled, “You two go take a break. Emmett and I’ll take care of things down here.”

Grabbing Justin, Brian slings him over his shoulder and hurries up the stairs.

The rest of the day was filled with various games: a soccer game, tennis matches, and swimming. Everyone ate their fill and had a great time.

____________________

Michael had been at Woody’s for quite a few hours, drinking at a corner table. He dwells on Justin and Brian. Finally he starts muttering, cussing, and fussing about the twink who wouldn’t leave.

“Damn Hobbs, he didn’t finish the job. If he had, Brian would be mine, and I’d be the one to plow his sweet, tight ass... oh yeah, I'd give up bottoming for that.”

Unbeknownst to Michael, a man was half-listening to him. He had come in to buy some IPA, that only Woody’s carried. He thinks to himself: Did he just say, Hobbs?

Michael continues muttering, “All Hobbs had to do was hit him again with that bat before Brian got to him. Then Justin would be dead. Yep, dead, dead, dead. He’s gotta die. Heheeeeeeeee.”

“Hey, buddy. Who are you talking about?”

“Fuck! Another one singing the blond whores praises.”

“No, I thought you said, ‘Hobbs’.”

“So, what the fuck if I did?” He turns to look at the guy.

“Well, my friend, I know just who you’re talking about and he’d love to get another chance to kill that little faggot.”

Smiling drunkenly up at him, Michael says. “Great! Let’s go to my shop where we can talk privately.”
Chapter 5 by Frosty70
5.

Michael unlocks his store and lets the guy in that knows Chris Hobbs. He locks the door behind them.

“I want to talk to Hobbs. I’ve got a prop... prop... a deal for him.”

“You talk to me first. What are you wanting exactly?”

“I’ll pay Hobbs to kill Justin Taylor. I want it done right this time,” Michael said.

“You’re drunk, how do I know you’re serious? Tell you what, I’ll come here in the morning. You sober up and repeat what you just said. Then we can make a deal, but without Hobbs coming here. He’s too high-profile yet. People know him from the publicity in the papers.”

“Okay. I’ll be here at seven. Sober. You come here after that, and we’ll make a deal.”

The guy leaves and Michael calls a cab and goes home.

Ben asks him where he was, and tells him that they all went to Britin for the day.

“Met a guy at Woody’s. We got to talking about Rage. Lost track of time. I’m going to bed, I drank too much. Night.”

____________________

The next morning, Michael woke with a hangover. But he got up, grabbed some soda crackers, some tea, and headed for his meeting. He saw the guy he was supposed to meet coming down the sidewalk. He waited at the door for him, then let him in the shop and locked the door.

“I’m sober and I still want Hobbs to finish what he started. Justin Taylor has been a pain in my ass since he met Brian. We had always talked of being two old queens retired in Palm Springs. We always kissed and would say love you, always have, always will. Now he acts like a kiss is something awful. There’s no, I love you’s... nothing. He has gone from being my best friend to ignoring me. Brian is mine. I want him back. With Hobbs’ help, I can get that. I think the best way to do this is a gun. I heard Ted, who works with Brian, saying that Brian is going out of town next Monday. He’ll be gone for a week. Justin will be painting during the day at the loft at 6 Tremont. He drives a new Ford Bronco. That’s how you will know when he’s there. I’ll give Hobbs $10,000 for this. Half up front, half after it’s done.”

“No! When the job is done, Hobbs will need to leave quickly. Give me your number. What’s your name? I’ll check out the area and call you. On the day of the hit, you’ll meet Hobbs and give him the rest of the money at a place I pick.”

“Deal. My name’s Michael Novotny. Here’s my number.”

____________________

Leaving, the guy’s mind was racing. Holy shit! This guy was crazy! He had talked to Chris last night and he had been horrified at the idea. He knew what he had to do.

He made a phone call punching in the extension. He told the person everything about the conversation. He was told where to meet up on Monday.

He entered Kinnetik at the same time as Carl Horvath did. They went to Cynthia’s desk.

“Hi, Cynthia. It’s important we speak with Brian. VERY important,” Carl said.

She buzzed Brian and told him Carl needed to speak with him. He immediately asked them in his office.

“Brian, this is Paul Beaufort. He’s a detective, a new hire from NYPD. He called me about something very disturbing that happened to him.”

“How does this involve me, Carl?”

“Brian, I’m afraid this involves Justin and his safety. Paul, please play the recording you have of your meeting with Michael Novotny.”

“What? What the hell, Carl?” Brian exclaimed.

The three men listened while Michael talked to Paul about Chris Hobbs killing Justin. Carl had to stop Brian twice from going after Michael.

Brian glared at Paul and asked him how he knew Chris Hobbs.

“I’ve been married to him for two years. Like you, I’m older than Chris. Before you ask, he told me everything about what he did to your husband. I’m not excusing him, but in his family, from a very young age, he was taught to hate homosexuals. I found him after he’d been beaten by his father, who had caught him fucking a guy in their pool house. He made him go with him to a park on the edge of town, which happened to be near my family home. He and a couple of his country club buddies administered the beating. Chris almost died; he walks with a limp now. I talked to Chris last night, about Novotny. He wants to do this. He feels it will in some small way make up for what he did.”

“Brian, he’s a detective on the force. He was the best New York had. We were lucky to get him. If anybody can do this, he can,” Carl explained.

Brian gets up and begins pacing the room. “You expect me to sit back and watch Justin do this? No! FUCK NO! I can’t.”

Nobody realized two others had entered the room, until they heard Justin say, “Brian, I have to do this. It’s either that, or live in fear, and I refuse to do that. How are we going to do this?”

Everyone turned to look at Justin and Chris standing there. Justin continued, “Chris sent a message to me by the guard at the loft. It scared the shit out of me. But he also sent a picture of his wedding. I let him up and we talked.”

Chris slowly entered further into the room, expecting Brian to attack him. He wouldn’t blame him if he did.

“There are some new paintball guns out that look real. I don’t approve of them because of that, but we could use one to do this. They’re accurate for one-hundred feet. The trees across the street at the loft could hide a man. Justin comes out and I shoot him in the chest with a paintball. He’ll have to fall to the ground, unless we can place a car there for him to collapse on. I’m betting Novotny will want to watch it, and as he’s doing his happy dance, he can be grabbed. I’d be wearing a tape, and ask him if he’s sure he wants me to go through with this, and have it witnessed as he pays me the rest of the money first.”

“Brian, love, we have to do this.” Justin goes over and wraps his arms around the man who always said he didn’t do love, yet had tears running down his face.

“All right, but I want that son of a bitch to hang. I’ve got to stay away from him, or I’ll be in jail. I’m supposed to be out of town next week. I’m going to put it off, but not tell anyone except Cynthia. Ted would keep it quiet, but I’m not sure he wouldn’t go after Michael.”

Carl sits heavily in a chair. “My God! This is going to kill Deb. But if I tell her, she will go after Michael. He’d deny everything, and then it’s hard to tell what he’d do.”

The rest of the week was the hardest Brian and Justin had ever lived. At different times, one of them would clam up. The other would have to beg and plead for the other to talk.

Finally, the day came. Brian had spent the day with Justin, just holding him. That evening, Justin would have to do the best acting he could. When Michael had asked Brian to ‘borrow’ $10,000 earlier that week, he had refused to give him any. Even faked, he couldn’t willingly hand money over.

Chris parked around the corner from the loft. Paul stayed in the car to be the getaway driver. Michael approached Chris; the glee in his eyes was maniacal.

“Here’s the rest of your money. Don’t miss this time. That little whore needs to die! I want him dead!” Michael warned.

Chris got in position. Justin came out the door of the building. The shot was fired and red spread across Justin’s chest. His hand grabbed at his chest, and he staggered back, then fell sideways across the railing. He slowly collapsed to the steps.

Michael watched through his binoculars. He could see the blood covering Justin’s chest. He watched as Chris went up to Justin, check his pulse, then nod at him, before heading back across the street. Michael let out a whoop and danced in a circle. He gave Chris a thumbs up, then ran around the corner to get to his car. Seeing Carl, he turns back and takes off across the street, running in front of a car. Brakes squeal and a car door opens. A figure jumps out and punches Michael with a jab punch with their left hand, then a right uppercut, followed by a left hook. Brian and Justin had run around the corner just in time to see the punch.

Paul quickly pulls up in his car, blocking any traffic. Brian turns to look at the person who delivered the series of fast punches, only to be engulfed in a hug by a crying Melanie.

She turned to Carl, explaining, “I got home early last night and heard them talking. On the spur of the moment, I decided to come here. When that bastard took off, I had to stop him. I almost ran him over. Luckily, he stopped by the side of my car. I jumped out and nailed him.”

Carl went over to Michael, cuffing him with cuffs that were attached to a chain around his waist.

Brian turned and looked at Justin, who, surprisingly, was being comforted by Chris. When Chris loosened his hold, Brian grabbed Justin, pulling his shirt up to inspect any damage the paintball may have inflicted. Justin's chest was already bruising and welts were forming, but Justin pushed Brian’s hands away, and they tightly held each other.

“Thank you. Thank you, both. Melanie, remind me never to cross you. Dayummm you pack a punch,” Brian told her.

Michael came to and started to struggle, cursing everyone. Carl and Paul hauled him to his feet, and while Paul was reading him his rights, Michael looked over and saw Justin standing by Brian, wearing a red-stained shirt, and knew he’d been set up.

Michael was shoved, none too gently, into the back of a police car and took away. Another officer took Chris to his in-law’s house to wait for Paul.

Melanie asked Carl if he wanted her to go along to break the news to Debbie. He accepted her help gratefully, as he knew it wouldn’t be easy to deal with her. Before leaving, she told Brian that Gus and JR were still at daycare.

____________________

Brian and Justin went upstairs and called Cynthia to let her know everything was over and Michael was in custody. Ted and Blake arrived at the loft having already heard the news on the gay grapevine.

Blake offered to counsel them, even though he dealt with drug counseling. “You need to talk this out with a professional and each other. I can help you do that.”

Brian spoke up first. “I feel like I’m going to fly apart. Justin has been the strong one this week. Do you know how hard it was to deal with work? Then I had Michael showing up and trying to borrow the goddamn money to pay Chris. I couldn’t give it to him. I hadn’t given him any money for quite a while. I have no idea how he managed to get the money together.

“Ah, Ted? The reason I didn’t tell you beforehand, was that Carl said not to tell you. Too many people knowing, might have tipped Michael off, and let him know the truth of what was being planned.”

“I’m glad I didn’t know. I could never have restrained myself from hitting Michael. We should have known this was coming; looking back, I can see his instability,” Ted said.

“Brian, this is not your fault. You’ve been pulling away from Michael for a good while. He simply refused to accept it,” Justin said, hugging Brian close. He knew he would fall apart later, but right now, Brian needed him to be strong.

“We want to thank you, Blake, for your help. We need to get the kids, but we will call to schedule an appointment in the morning. Ted, I’m going to send Cynthia on this business trip to Chicago. Can you handle things for a week?”

“No problem, Boss. I’ll get Ron Lang to help,” Ted said.

Blake spoke up, “I managed to access my schedule for tomorrow. I have 9:00 open. I’ll schedule you both for an hour session. We’ll all talk, and I’ll try to help you get through this. Hopefully, this will go to court quickly. But right now, Ted and I are leaving, so you can get the kids.”

Since Justin had seats for both Gus and JR in his Bronco, they had no problem getting the kids home. Brian texted Melanie they had gotten them. They told Eliza they weren’t hungry, but she insisted they at least eat a small bowl of vegetable soup and a sandwich.

Jennifer, having been told what happened, called and spoke to both men. She said she was available to babysit if they needed her.

Later that night, Brian found Justin sitting on the patio, tears running silently down his face. His body was trembling from the shock wearing off. Brian took him in his arms and held him as they both sobbed at what had happened.

“If you’d never met me, maybe...” Justin began.

“No, Justin! No! If I can’t blame myself, you can’t either. You’re my world, my everything. I need you now more than anything. We need each other. My friendship with Michael was coming to an end for a while now. There’s no way we could have seen this coming. Come on, let’s go to our room. Mel made some hot tea. We can sit on the balcony and drink it. Then I want to make love to you.”

The boys stayed home for the rest of the week. Blake made the trip out to Britin after the first appointment to let them talk.

____________________

During the trial, Michael went into a rant about Justin, shouting out his plan to rid the world of the little whore who stole his Brian. Debbie, with tears streaming down her face, pushed her way up to him and slapped him down.

When the trial ended, Michael was found guilty and placed in a federal prison psychiatric unit for life.

After the trial, Ben applied and was accepted, at a college in Washington state, so he and Hunter packed up and left Pittsburgh.

Debbie had collapsed after Michael’s sentence was given, and is now on medication, so Emmett stays with her during the day. Alex Wilder has been counseling her, and she's finally come to terms with what Michael did.

____________________

Five years later, Melanie still lives at Britin, keeping the family intact. Leda had shown up in town, and was a wild, but welcomed, addition to their family.

The family dinners still take place every weekend. They alternate between Deb’s, Britin, Dan and Marks, and Justin’s grandparents.

Kinnetik continued to grow and became the top ad agency in North America, and the international market was showing promise for the future. Dan and Mark’s son is studying to take the helm there.

Justin and Brian found a surrogate and egg donor, and twins were born. Paula looks like Justin, and Brendan looks like Brian. Justin took over the art department when Murph transferred to the Canadian Kinnetik.

Life had its ups and downs, but the Liberty Avenue family continues to survive.
This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=1591