Why Not Me. by starlight
FeatureSummary:

I chose this story as it is a "what if" that continues the story of Brian and Justin after Season 5. Starlight is an author that pulls you into a story by the third paragraph and takes you on a wild ride. There's angst, humor and drama that has you cheering and yelling in disgust in the same chapter. She has this writing style that keeps you wanting more every chapter she writes - mamaduck

Brian and Justin decide it's time to have kids.


Categories: QAF US, Admin Pick Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Craig Taylor, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jennifer Taylor, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Molly Taylor, Original Character, Sam Auerbach, Ted Schmidt, Tucker
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Post-series
Genres: Angst w/ Happy Ending, Could be Canon, Drama, Humor
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Emmett/Drew, Michael/Ben, Ted/Blake
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 33789 Read: 140090 Published: Jul 12, 2016 Updated: Nov 15, 2016
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Banner by samcdee

**********

I chose Why Not Me by Starlight as it is a "what if" that continues the story of Brian and Justin after Season 5.

Starlight is an author that pulls you into a story by the third paragraph and takes you on a wild ride. There's angst, humor and drama that has you cheering and yelling in disgust in the same chapter. She has this writing style that keeps you wanting more every chapter she writes.

She also writes full characters that you fall in love with. If she has chosen a character to be the bad guy, watch out! She makes that character so evil that you are wanting to drop that character off a cliff without a parachute.

Take time to read this story and look up her other stories. You will enjoy the ride.

-mamaduck

1. Chapter 1 by starlight

2. Chapter 2 by starlight

3. Chapter 3 by starlight

4. Chapter 4 by starlight

5. Chapter 5 by starlight

6. Chapter 6 by starlight

7. Chapter 7 by starlight

8. Chapter 8 by starlight

9. Chapter 9 by starlight

10. Chapter 10 by starlight

11. Chapter 11 by starlight

12. Chapter 12 by starlight

13. Chapter 13 by starlight

14. Chapter 14 by starlight

15. Chapter 15 by starlight

16. Chapter 16 by starlight

Chapter 1 by starlight
Author's Notes:

Thank you Lorie for all your help as my Beta.

MICHAEL’S POV

 

I was sitting in the diner waiting for Emmett and Ted. Brian and Justin are getting ready to go on a trip to England. Justin was invited to show some of his work. Ben and I are going to join them next week. Justin wanted to go to Italy after the show on a vacation. He told me that Ben and I have to come so that he won’t be bored when Brian wants to shop. Apparently, I have to go shopping, while Justin and Ben soak up culture. I think they know that I can read comics and comment, while Brian preens in the mirror.

 

Ted and Blake couldn’t go because Blake is too busy, and Ted is going to stay and watch Kinnetik. Emmett has too many events to do, so he and Drew can’t make it either. They both wanted to go but, work calls them too.

 

Hunter is going to mind the shop for me. He told me that he just isn’t interested in watching Justin and Brian trying to find places to screw.

 

I’m really excited, I haven’t been to Europe since David and I went years ago. Ben has been, but this is going to be the first time we get to go together. It will be fun to actually spend time with Brian and Justin.

 

Justin went to New York and in three years did what he set out to do. He and Brian handled it. They promised to be there for each other, and Justin came home for big events. Brian visited a lot. When Justin left they didn’t promise monogamy because they didn’t want to disappoint each other since they didn’t live near each other. We thought it was funny that they ended up monogamous anyway. At first, Brian went to Babylon and partied, but stuck to blow jobs. Brian said he decided that it was time to stop settling for mediocre and just stick with the best. Justin was too busy to worry about anything. He started an internet graphics site. He did well enough to afford New York prices. We still work on Rage and it is moderately successful.

 

Emmett and Ted finally came in, and Emmett tells me that Justin texted a picture of something their gardener did. Emmett shows us the phone. They have these small trees that line the drive and the gardener rounded the tops of the trees. Justin asked Emmett if it looks like 10 penises in a row, and to ask me. We study it and I text Justin that Brian should be happy he has dick lining his yard.

 

Ted and Blake are going to go by Britin and feed Justin’s cat while we are all gone. Brian told Justin that he isn’t taking Roe with them. Justin tries to sneak his cat everywhere they go. Justin couldn’t think of a name for it and Brian suggested Roe. Justin went with it but couldn’t figure out why Brian wanted to name the cat after fish eggs. Brian later told us it was because he considered the cat the ‘root of evil’. The cat is always leaving fur everywhere. Justin was not amused but kept the name.

 

I wanted to make sure that Emmett and Ted kept an eye on Hunter. I could see coming home to a kegger. Ben said that we taught him better. He would wait for Ted and Emmett to leave to invite people over. I told Emmett I was going to have the neighbors report in. Emmett said they would be too busy trying to disapprove of everyone. Ha Ha.

 

We finished eating and we headed our separate ways. Ben and I were going to go see the kids this week. Brian and Justin had Gus with them last week. Lately, Gus has been asking to come to visit here. Brian, who is usually busy, figured that flying Gus in would be easier. JR is still too little to come here on her own, so we visit them.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin is starting to make almost as much money as I do. When he came home for good last year I wanted to give him anything he wanted. I asked if he wanted to have a kid. He said he would rather have a cat. Roe was moved in a week later. I asked if he wanted a kid ever since I’m not getting any younger. He told me, yes but he wanted to enjoy us for a while. We finally decided it was time. I want him to have a child. I got over my fear of being like my father while raising Gus. Justin was only willing if we raise it, not someone else. I figured we don’t have to suddenly become model citizens, just be there.

 

We got a separate egg donor from the carrier. She told us three months ago that she’s expecting. When we get back, they are going to do an ultrasound to see the baby. Justin is trying to get all his shows scheduled so he can go to her appointments. Justin told his mother and Daphne last week and then told me I needed to tell Larry, Moe, and Curly. I texted that I knocked Sunshine up. Michael texted back, asking was that a Rage plotline? I said no, but in 6 months we would have a little Justin.

 

You know, I figured that since I was working, the gay mafia would attack Justin. Instead, I had all this crap sent to my office. Deb showed up and brought food. Why, you ask? I did too. She said it was to keep everyone healthy. Um, I wouldn’t dare say this to her, but the grease in her mac and cheese isn’t that healthy. Ted hid baby booties everywhere. I think I fired him in my head ten times a day. Emmett sent baby supplies. I asked them all if they thought that the baby was already here.

 

We told Gus this past weekend. He was excited and told us if possible could we order a boy. I told him we would get right on that.

 

Mel and I finally got over trying to top each other and she agreed Gus needed to visit. We get him on most of his school breaks and during the summer.

 

I had some problems with Lindsay and money right after Justin came home. Lindsay was calling asking for money every week. She said that Gus needed to be my main concern. That just because Justin thinks he needs to be with me doesn’t mean I need to forget Gus.

 

Ted was the one who finally said something. He was looking over my personal account and wanted to know why I transferred $3000.00 into Lindsay’s account. I said that Lindsay called to say their car needed repairs and the heater went out in the house. Ted left and came back to my office about an hour later and told me he called Mel to get receipts. She told him she didn’t know what he was talking about.

 

Mel and I agreed not to bring it up to Lindsay. They still have problems. The next time Lindsay called to ask for money, I let Ted take the call. Ted told her to have the repairman call so he could just send the money directly. Lindsay called me to complain, so I asked why not let me pay the bill and cut out the middle man. Mel and I agreed that I would send the money to Mel. We still don’t know what Lindsay needed the money for. Lindsay said that she felt like we don’t trust her.

 

When Justin decided to come home, Lindsay was calling him three times a day to tell him he would lose his career, and that he should stay in New York. Justin told her not to worry, his agent told him he could come home. He asked her if he needed permission from anyone else. Justin doesn’t want to talk to her, because every call is like that. He said for someone who has only worked in one gallery in Pittsburgh, she seems to have all the answers. He is still angry that she went behind his back with that article and showed it to me. Justin and Lindsay don’t really get along well at all anymore. They are civil around Gus.

 

I really only deal with her when it’s about Gus since she started out with little jabs. She would say that I am making Justin sacrifice his career. My favorite was that Justin is young and will eventually want a younger man. She called to tell me that Justin is great, but do I really want to introduce my clients to a comic book artist? I told her that most of my clients want to meet Justin, the Artist. She didn’t like that. Michael thinks she's just jealous of Justin’s success. Emmett jokingly said that maybe when she played hide the salami she realized that she wanted my salami. I flicked him off.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

I wanted to make sure that the trees look like penises, so I sent the picture to Emmett told him to show it to Michael. Michael’s phone doesn’t get pictures, he is such a technophobe. We have this neighbor who likes to tell me that I need to paint things people like. She likes landscapes. I told her that the Big Q sells those. We have been at war ever since. She came over the other day and said that the trees lining the drive should be trimmed because I don’t want the neighborhood to look bad. I told the gardener to make sure they looked like dicks. Yep, Michael texted they do. Yay me.

 

We have to leave in an hour for the airport and I wanted to check in one more time with Amanda to see if she and the baby need anything. Brian told me to leave her alone, the baby had to bake. I told him that I want to make sure while it was baking that the incubator had everything it needs. I like Amanda, she has surrogated twice before us. She told me that she just tells the baby about the parents. I sent her lots of information. Brian just leans down to her belly and tells it to grow.

 

That was my biggest surprise when I came home. Brian wanted to have a baby. He said that if we do well, we should try one more time so that the kids grow up together. I won’t lie, I wanted kids, but first I was worried how Gus would take it.

 

I took Gus out alone before I told Brian yes. I asked if it would bother him that his dad and I decided to have a kid that lives with us. He said as long as we still want him around, another kid wouldn’t bother him. After Gus went home I told Brian I wanted to have a baby. He asked if we have to keep Roe. I told him to keep it up and I would open his closet and let Roe in.

 

Time to go. I texted Michael, mission 'piss the neighbor off' worked. We were driving off and she had her husband in their yard and she was pointing at the trees. Her husband was laughing.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

Gus came home last week and told me that Brian told him that he and Justin want to have kids. Are you kidding me? I am going to have to have a talk with Brian. If he wants another kid then we can try. Maybe they just haven’t asked me yet. I need to convince Mel we need to have another baby.

 

Brian needs to let Justin go. Justin has it all in New York. I mean, why would you move back to Pittsburgh after making it New York? I have tried to talk to Justin about this. I even called his agent Sarah last week, asking her why she told Justin he could move back home.

 

Sarah asked me why I was calling her. She is really bitchy about details. I told her I needed her to send me Justin's schedule so I could check what she is doing. She sent me a press kit and a note saying this is the only thing she is allowed to share with the public. I’m the one who pushed his career. He needs to listen to me, not Sarah.


Michael and Ben are coming, I’m going to see what Michael thinks about them wanting to have a child. Surely Michael will agree that I should be the mother.

Chapter 2 by starlight
Author's Notes:

If you like Lindsay stay away this one isn't going to have a happy ending for her.

MICHAEL’S POV   

 

Ben and I were on our way to Mel and Lindsay’s house. Ben told me that we should wait for Brian and Justin to tell the girls about the baby on the way. We know that Linds has been giving Justin shit about moving back to Pittsburgh. She is always telling us that Justin could mess up if he isn’t in the center of the art world. She always makes it sound like she’s looking out for Justin.

 

I had to learn not to offer information about Brian and Justin. I made that mistake the first visit after Justin came home. Linds and I were at the park with the kids and she asked how it feels to have Justin around again. I told her that it was fun. Justin and I work on the comic, and we all hang out like we used to.

 

Linds told me that if Justin just wanted to do comics and not be taken seriously, staying in Pittsburgh is where he needed to be. I felt insulted. I do those comics too. I told her that Justin’s agent, Sarah, likes that Justin is versatile and she actually helps promote our comic too. Lindsay told me that all real artists want to be famous for only fine art. I didn’t know what to say anymore, but I wanted to smack her. I grabbed Gus and JR and said we should go to the house.

 

I talked to Ben after we left and told him about it. Ben said that she was probably jealous that Justin has a career in art and she never did. To me, it sounded more like she was mad at Justin for coming home. I asked Ben if he thought maybe it’s because she’s jealous that Brian is spending less time with her. Ben said that may be the reason. In the beginning, I was too, but I dealt with it and now I’m closer to Brian.

 

Ben is my everything. I had some growing up to do when Justin came back, but I like Justin and he's easy to talk to. I can be a dork or queen out and we just laugh at it. Everyone else just tries to placate me. Ben is the life I want, so it was easy to let Brian be just my best friend. Justin is the brother of my heart.

 

I told Ben about the penis trees and he thinks that Justin and I have too much time on our hands. He likes Brian and Justin’s neighbor. I liked her at first, but she then started telling Justin that his art had too much sex in it. I wondered what she would think of Rage. She also wants to tell everyone her opinion on everything. Justin and I decided that when she gives him shit we would give it back. Brian said not to do anything that gets us killed.

 

We are at the girls' house and I can’t wait to see my honeybun.

 

GUS’S POV

 

I came home from visiting Dad and Jus. Mom wanted to know everything. I told her Dad and Jus we’re thinking about having a kid, but not that they were already three months along. Mom tries to act like she likes Dad and Jus together, but I know she doesn’t. I also only tell her some of what we do when I visit.

 

She wants Dad to visit here, but I told Mama that I wanted to see everyone. I do want to see everyone, and when they come here, everyone seems uncomfortable when Jus comes with Dad.

 

After I told Mom about Dad wanting to have a kid with Jus, she started talking to Mama, saying that she misses not having a baby in the house. Mom told her that they should have one more before they get too old. Mama said that she needed to think about it. Mama, instead of saying no, will ask for time. I think she just needs time to come up with a reason why she is going to say no.

 

Michael and Ben are coming and want to take us out for the week. I have school, but Ben said that we could plan around my homework and do the big things this weekend. Mom tries to get included in all the plans so she can talk to Michael. Ben always tells her that she and Mama should use this time to do things that having kids around makes it hard to do.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I talked to Mel and told her we should have another child. She said she would think about it. She can think all she wants. When Brian asks I’ll tell him, of course, I’ll have another child with him. Gus is old enough now that instead of Brian having to come here, Gus visits him. I tried to tell Brian that Gus shouldn’t have to do all the traveling. Gus said that he wanted to see everyone and it was easier for him to go to Pittsburgh. I want to see Brian too.

 

When Brian was giving me a hard time about money, I knew that I went a little too far. He needs to understand that I had Gus for him, and he has to support us. I am still pissed that Mel didn’t use Brian. If JR were his, he would have to visit here. Michael sends us money for JR, but it only covers stuff for her. Brian is generous. I want to be able to show off. I want people to know that I chose well for my child.

 

My mother told me that Brian would have made a better husband. She said I should have stopped playing at this lesbian thing and convinced Brian he should be there for Gus and me. I told her that Brian is gay. She told me he couldn’t be too gay if we slept together in college.

 

I was working on that when I was trying to convince Justin to go to New York. When Justin broke up with Brian again, I started to run to him for everything. I cheated with Sam, then I told Brian about it to let him know I wasn’t averse to men. When Michael sued Mel for custody, I ran to Brian, telling him that they were trying to shut me out. I thought maybe Brian would tell me that he would sue Mel and we could be the only parents. Instead, he paid for a lawyer. Nothing was working. I got my break with the article. I showed it to Brian. I wanted to stop the marriage. It worked.

 

I thought that Brian and Justin would eventually let the long distance get in the way. I was calling all the time, wanting to comfort Brian. I told him that I was here and he could come to me and Gus. He visited at first and the three of us were going out, doing things like a family. A month later he started bringing Justin. I talked to Justin and told him he needed to concentrate on his career, that Brian would be there later. Justin told me thanks, but that he'd had more than enough of my advice. He is polite when we have to be together, but he usually stays around Mel or the kids when they visit.

 

I need to work on Michael. Ben is like Switzerland, he says unless it concerns Michael, Hunter, or JR, he doesn’t get involved.

 

JR sees Michael and is running to get to her dad. It will take a while before he wants to talk. I greet Ben and tell them I have refreshments for them. Finally, JR wants to play with her dolls. My turn.

 

“How was your trip?” I ask, to be a good hostess.

 

“Good. Same as usual.” Michael tells me.

 

“Anything going on in Pittsburgh?” I need details.

 

“No. Everyone's good. Hunter is watching the store for us and Ma is working less.” Michael is going to make me work for the details.

 

“Great. I heard Brian and Justin are going to England.” I hint, to get details.

 

“Justin has a show. Ben and I are going to meet them in Italy next week. The four of us are going on vacation. Justin tried to get the whole gang, but everyone else was busy. I think I’m only going so Justin doesn’t have to shop with Brian.” Michael says. He and Ben laugh about it.

 

“Why didn’t he ask Mel and me? I mean it would have been fun, and we could introduce culture to the children.” I’m trying not to get upset. We are part of the gang.

 

“Brian told Justin that he didn’t want to pull Gus out of school for a trip they could take again in the summer,” Michael answers, acting like I wasn’t slighted by not being invited.

 

“Well, they could have called. I mean Mel and I could use a trip. I could have asked Deb and Carl to keep the kids. Your mother would have loved to be able to spend time with Gus and JR.” I can’t believe they didn’t think of this. I need to get to the baby.

 

“Well, nevermind that. Gus came home and said that Brian was talking about having a baby.” I need the details of what they are planning, and I know they told Michael something.

 

BEN’S POV

 

I guess Gus didn’t tell her everything. I mean, six more months and the baby is here. Gus is smart, he told me that he learned to just be general with his mom. Linds hasn’t been easy to deal with since Justin came back. I hope it’s because she thinks he needs to be in New York, and not because she wants him away from Brian.

 

I warned Michael to tread carefully. I think that if Brian wants her to know, he will tell her. I watched her when she was talking about Italy. First, it was about the kids, and then it was okay to leave them home. Deb would jump at the chance, she loves to spoil the kids. Linds usually asks us to tell her that they are really busy when Deb wants to come. Interesting that she is now inviting Deb, so she can chase Brian.

 

“Brian wants to have one or two more before he gets too old. Justin wanted to wait, but they did decide that it was time.” I am only going to tell her the things that everyone knows.

 

“Brian never wanted to be a full-time father. It would be good for Gus to have a full sibling.” Lindsay doesn’t think that they would use her again, does she?

 

“They really haven’t talked to us about it. Ben and I are going to take JR and get some lunch. I am dying for a cheeseburger, and Ben only lets us eat junk on vacation.” Michael tells her.

 

I am proud of Michael, he learned that telling everything he knows isn’t always the best idea. We get up and take JR. Lindsay can’t come because she has to wait for Gus. In the car, Michael and I looked at each other. She is too much.

 

“Michael, did it feel like she was fishing? I mean, at first, it was just little comments, but when she said Gus having a full sibling, she thinks Brian wants more kids with her?” I say to Michael.

 

“Brian told me that he wouldn’t want to do that again. He wants to raise this child, without having other parents involved. I thought about us trying, and Brian said he would pay for it as a gift. I almost said something to you, but I realized we can’t afford another kid. I want Hunter to be able to just go to college, not have to work. I also wanted to make sure that we are able to put money aside for when JR is going to want to go to college.” Michael tells me.

 

I agree. I would love to have another child that we raise. But it wouldn’t be practical if we want to give both Hunter and JR everything. I wish the girls would consider moving closer so we could see JR more than twice a month. Well, we are here now, no more thinking about anybody but our little girl.

 

MEL’S POV

 

I know Michael and Ben are here and I wanted to visit, but Linds is driving me crazy. She suddenly wants to have another kid. I think that two is enough. The kids are finally getting old enough to be more independent. I don’t want to go back and start over again. Who would be the father? We don’t have friends I would be comfortable asking. Brian told me that if he had any more children they would be Justin’s and they would raise them.

 

Lindsay and I moved and I tried to do everything she wanted. I mean, the move was for me. She just isn’t happy, no matter what I do. I can’t give in this time. Another child won’t fix anything. She still calls Brian for everything. I only got involved when the money issue came up. I asked her why she was asking for so much money, and she told me that if I trust her I didn’t need to ask. I took the coward's way out, I called Brian, and we decided that if anything was needed, I call Ted and he would send the money to me. Lindsay is blaming Ted for interfering.

 

I asked Ted how he felt about it. He said he was never really friends with Linds. Ted is my friend. Linds is nice to him, but anytime he blocks access to Brian, she brings up the money he stole. Linds despises Cynthia. Cynthia takes her messages but told her once that she needs to get her own job, that the job of Brian’s keeper was filled by Justin. She threatened to get Cynthia fired and Cynthia hung up. Brian told Linds that she needs to stop bothering Cynthia and she will be nice.


I guess it’s time to face my wife. I need a vacation from her.

End Notes:

Let me know any idea's on getting the neighbors back. Brian and Justin won't be big in the first few chapters. I want them on vacation and rested. Justin isn't going to be understanding.

Chapter 3 by starlight
Author's Notes:

It will be late tomorrow or the next day for my next post.

GUS’S POV

 

I got home and Mom is trying to call Dad. He isn’t answering her. She asks me if I have talked to him. I tell her that he told me that he was going to be busy. She tells me that I should call him and tell him that it was important and that he shouldn’t be too busy for me. What she really means is he shouldn't be too busy for her.

 

I love my mom, but she is being selfish. I tried to talk to Mama, but she said to give Mom time. Time for what? I don’t understand, she is married to Mama but is constantly after Dad. I asked Ben and he said that the move was hard. Michael told me that if I need to talk, that he was there. Emmett said Mom has permanent PMS.

 

I talked to Dad, he said not to worry about the adults. He and Mama want me to worry about kid stuff. Justin said that Mom feels left out of things. He thinks that she wants to be the center of attention and in Canada she doesn’t have an audience anymore. Justin tries to stay out of it. He and Mom don’t talk a lot.

 

She uses me when she wants to talk about it. I just play games and ignore her. I learned how to nod and make agreeing noises.

 

I called Dad because if I don’t she is going to hound me till I do. Dad answered and asked if everything was alright. I told him I just wanted to say hi. Mom grabs the phone.

 

“Brian, I have been trying to call you. No. Everything is fine. I called to talk. You are always so busy. You can talk for a couple of minutes, can’t you? Okay, call me back when you have time. I want to talk about something.” Mom hands me the phone.

 

Mama comes in and I get to be free of Mom. I tell Mama I will be in my room doing homework. Ben and Michael are coming and we are going to play tourist together.

 

MEL’S POV

 

Gus is running from Linds again. I guess it’s my turn to deal with her. I wonder why I agreed to get back together. My problem is I love her and I want us to work. I thought when we moved that she would find friends and join the community here. Instead, she was all about Justin’s career and Brian not calling enough.

 

I know it’s bad when I want to take the intern up on her offer. Linds can’t spend one day without bitching about Justin. I want to turn around and walk out. Instead, I smile and ask how Michael and Ben are.

 

“They came and picked up JR. They said they would be back later to get Gus. I think we should talk about the baby idea when they leave.” Linds tells me.

 

I want to say that we are barely making it and another baby would be too expensive. She would just suggest asking Brian to help out more. My real reason is that our relationship is barely surviving. I know we are heading towards the end. I don't even want to be in the same house anymore. I think I know that we don't want the same things. She wants to be her mother.

 

“We need to worry about the children we already have. Linds, you and I need to decide whether our relationship is what we want.” I finally say it.

 

“What are you talking about? I moved with you, I gave up my happiness for you. What is this about Mel? Maybe you want someone else, is this your way of telling me?” Linds' voice is raising with each sentence.

 

She is about to say more but someone is at the door. She tells me this isn’t over and goes to answer the door. I am just relieved for the interruption.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

We were coming to pick up Gus. I noticed the door open just a little. When I started to walk in, I hear Mel asking Linds if they should stay together. I was going to shut the door, but I’m nosy. After listening, I know we need to get Gus out before they really start. I close the door and knock.

 

Linds answers and is acting like everything's normal. Ben invites them to dinner, and before Linds can say anything, Mel says yes. I guess we offered her a reprieve from Linds. I don't blame her. I tried to argue with Jennifer once, and you don't win. WASP women can make you feel like you’re two years old. Linds learned it well.

 

Gus told us that he had to finish his math homework and then he was done. We sat around and tried to make conversation.

 

“How is Hunter doing?” Mel is being so polite.

 

“He is taking two night courses at the community college. He is almost done, but he’s been going nonstop so he wants an easy semester.” I want to hurry Gus because this is painful.

 

“Good for Hunter. How's Deb?” Mel keeps going.

 

“Great.” I can't think of anything else to say.

 

I suggested they get ready. Mel is up the steps and Linds is behind her. I wanted to ask Ben why he invited them. I think he just wanted to keep the peace. JR was playing in the corner with her dollhouse. Everybody was ready so we go out to eat. I hope we don’t have to try to have a normal conversation. We didn’t do well at it.

 

BEN’S POV

 

After the dinner, Michael and I made it so our visits were to just pick up the kids and leave. Gus told us that so far everything has been quiet. Mel asked if she could talk to us before we leave. I tell her that she can drive us to the airport. I think that Mel is at her wit's end and she doesn’t even know why yet.

 

She picked us up about three hours early, so I have to wonder, does she have a lot to say or is she escaping Linds?

 

“I want to know how you feel about having some house guests? I can’t stay here anymore. I know I can take JR with me but I don’t know about Gus. I want to bring him, but Linds might fight me on it.” Mel finished, and we can see she needs this.

 

“We are going to be gone but Hunter is home and we’ll let him know to expect you. Are you sure this is what you want?” I ask.

 

“Do you need us to stay home?” Michael asks.

 

“No. Go on your trip. I’m going to need a couple of weeks. I called my old firm and they said they would make room for me. I have to work as a paralegal until I get qualified. I want you to let Brian know. She is probably is going to call him and make it sound like I’m deserting her. I tried guys, but three years and this is how it’s been. Now she wants to have another baby. It’s not going to help our marriage to bring another child into it.” Mel has thought this through.

 

“Mel, we weren’t going to say anything, but the baby thing is because Brian and Justin are going to have one. She mentioned it to us and then thought that they were going to ask her. They went with a surrogate. The baby is due in six months.” I want Mel to know all the facts.

 

“Oh God, that explains so much. I’m done with her. I can’t keep being her substitute for Brian. She wouldn’t want Justin’s child. Brian’s baby absolutely. I don’t want to deal with her when she finds this out.” Mel is a mess.

 

“Mel, concentrate on leaving, if you need anything, call Ted. I’ll let him know what’s going on and he can help you if you need it. I know Brian will authorize anything you need. I’ll call him and tell him. He is probably going to call you back.” Michael tells her.

 

We get up to go and part of me wants to stay, she is going to need the family.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I was asleep when the phone rang. I got up and left Justin to sleep the sleep of the dead. I’ve been ignoring the phone. I want us to have fun and not worry. Ted and Cynthia know how to reach me. It was Michael calling.

 

Michael tells me about the latest muncher drama. I was kind of listening. But you know, looking at Justin naked is distracting.

 

“Brian, listen to me. Linds thinks you are going to ask her for another kid. Mel is leaving her. Did you get that part or are you looking at Justin's ass?” Michael can be such a drama queen.

 

“Justin’s ass is more exciting. Is Mel really leaving, or is this just a muncher meltdown?” I need clarification. They are always leaving each other.

 

“She is leaving. Linds is too busy trying to be your baby mama. Mel said that she is taking JR but doesn’t know if she can take Gus. We are going to let her stay at our house.” Michael tells me.

 

I have partial custody of Gus. We did it because when he stays with me, I needed authority to take him to the hospital. In that paperwork, either Mel or Linds can make decisions on Gus, but they can’t override me. If Mel is leaving, she is taking Gus. I don’t trust Linds to do what’s best for him.

 

I ask if we need to come home. Michael said Mel wouldn’t be in Pittsburgh until we got home. She wanted us to enjoy ourselves. I tell Michael we might as well since it will be hell when we get home. I tell Michael I will see him in Italy.

 

It’s two in the morning here, so it’s nine at night there. Guess it's time to see what is going on. I dial Mel with Justin’s phone. Linds would try to take the phone if it’s me.

 

“Justin?” Mel asks.

 

“No, it’s me. Can you talk?” I want to make sure that Linds isn’t listening.

 

“I’m not at home. I told Linds that I have a late client meeting.” Mel tells me.

 

“Are you really leaving, or is this where we separate and get back together after the drama?” I will not help if we have to go through this again.

 

“Brian, this is me officially calling it quits. I tell myself I love her, but it isn’t ringing true. I didn’t know that the reason she suddenly wants a child is that she thinks you’re going to ask her. She started asking as soon as Gus came home. I can’t stay anymore. I want to take Gus too. I don’t want her using him.” Mel is serious.

 

I tell her that she can take Gus. I’ll notify Cynthia to have my lawyer available to give my permission. I told her that before she leaves, to call me and we can discuss where she is going. She tells me she’ll call me when I get home. That gives me time to talk to Justin.

 

I wake Justin up. I need to forget this for a little while. We can talk in the morning.

 

 

Chapter 4 by starlight
Author's Notes:

Thanks to Lorie, my Beta though all three stories.

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Brian was stressed for the last days we were in England. He told me about Mel wanting to leave Linds. I asked what caused it this time. I know that's bitchy of me, but how many times are they going to do this swinging door relationship? Brian said he thinks this is it. Linds found out we were talking about having a baby and thought to offer a womb. Like I would want her to have my kid.

 

Brian said she thinks he is going to be the daddy again. I know he doesn’t want to have any more kids with the girls. They made his life hell. Besides, Linds wouldn’t allow us to raise the kid. Gus is her way of making Brian talk to her. I used to think Linds was great, but over time, the things she did bothered me.

 

Why would you have a baby with someone your partner hates? You wouldn’t. Instead of, I don’t know, Mel - her partner, she calls Brian for everything. If my relationship with Brian was in trouble, would I call Ethan? Not if I want to solve anything. If I’m worried about custody, why would I go to an ad man?

 

Daphne said Linds reminds her of the crazy ex who pretends they are okay that you moved on but shows up and makes your life hell. I pointed out that they never dated. She pointed out Brian did offer up super dick once. I told her I did for her too. She asked if I remembered what happened after that. I saw her point, but she got over it. Daphne said she found better. I stuck my tongue out at her.

 

Brian wants to let Mel and the kids stay at the house. I don’t care, as long as Linds isn't moving in. Mel and I get along, I just don’t see why she puts up with Linds. She used to be the strong one in the relationship. Mel lost her backbone when they got back together this last time. She was acting as if she had to please Linds because they did what she wanted when they moved to Canada.

 

My agent used to call me when Linds called her. It got so bad that she just started texting me the word ‘again’ instead of calling. I was apologizing all the time. Sarah told me that agents are there to block the crazies. Sarah drives Linds up a wall. Linds demands information about my schedules and wants to tell Sarah how to run my career. Sarah sends her press kits and tells Linds to fuck off on a regular basis. Sarah and Cynthia are friends and share Lindsay’s latest and greatest together.

 

We are on our way to Italy to meet Ben and Michael. Hopefully, Michael can help Brian stop trying to solve the problems in muncherville.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I have been calling Brian all week and he isn't answering. I need to make sure he knows that I’m ready to have a baby. Mel has been busy with clients all week. I have JR. I quit working when Mel could practice law again. Mel said that JR could stay home and we could save on daycare. I let her win so it would excuse why I didn’t do things like cook and clean.

 

“Mommy, what a surgut?” JR asked.

 

“I don’t know I’ve never heard of that word,” I tell her. JR still has trouble with words.

 

“Where did you hear it?” I ask her.

 

“Mama said it,” JR tells me. She turned to play with her doll.

 

I wonder what that is? I'll ask Mel later. Gus should be home soon. He needs to call Brian again. Gus has been stubborn about it. He’s been calling Brian on his way home from school. I keep asking Gus what his father has said about having a baby. Gus shrugs and says, not a lot, just that they want to have one together.

 

I was going to call Ted, but I’m still pissed at him about the money thing. I might have said something to Brian that he shouldn’t trust Ted since he stole from friends. It’s the truth, who knows what he might do. Michael said he was leaving his phone at home. Ben isn’t going to help. Deb never shuts up long enough for me to ask questions. I could try Emmett. I call Emmett, maybe he knows something.

 

“Emmett’s Perfect Parties, this is Emmett.” He must be working.

 

“Em, it’s Linds. How are you today?” I ask.

 

“Well girl, I just helped plan a wedding and the colors are hot pink and bright green. I tried to talk her into like salmon and maybe bluish green, but nope those are her favorite colors. I have about six parties in the next three weeks. What about you?” Emmett has to give you useless information.

 

“Not a lot. I haven’t heard from Ben and Michael. They forgot to give Mel and me the hotel information before they left. Do you have it?” I can at least call the hotel phone. Brian will answer that.

 

"No, I never asked, but you could call Cynthia, she would know. I have to go. Give the kids kisses. Ta Ta.” Emmett hangs up.

 

He was of no help. I guess I need to call Sarah. Cynthia would demand a body if I told her it was an emergency.

 

“Sarah Gilson’s office, how may I direct your call?” Her secretary answers.

 

“I need to speak to Sarah about Justin Taylor,” I tell her.

 

“May I get your name for her?” This is the tricky part. She has left me on hold before.

 

“Melanie Marcus.” She asks me to hold.

 

“Sarah Gilson speaking, how are you today Melanie?” Sarah asks.

 

“Actually it’s Lindsay Peterson. You know, the mother of Brian’s son. I forgot to get their hotel information before they left. Could you give me the hotel and room number.” I ask her nicely.

 

“Let’s see, you want me to give out a client's information over the phone to you when you lied about who you were, while he is on vacation. I have repeatedly told you I will not make information available to you since you are not on his approved list. I really think that by now you would realize that I am the last person you should call, or am I the last person that you had to call?” Sarah is such a bitch.

 

I hang up. I am going to get Justin to fire her sooner or later. Damn it, I need to get a hold of Brian. I’m tired of being put off when I am willing to do him a favor. I hear Gus coming in. I could see if he knows.

 

“Mom, why was JR outside by herself? She stayed on the steps. I asked her where you were, she said on the phone.” Gus doesn’t look happy. He is very protective of JR.

 

I look up and realize that it was thirty minutes ago when I looked at the clock the last time. At least JR is okay.

 

“I saw her the whole time. She just wanted to greet you today.” I tell Gus. I don’t want Mel pissed at me.

 

Gus looks at me then says “Whatever". He tells me he doesn’t have homework, so JR can play with him. They walk towards his bedroom.

 

“Gus, do you know where your dad is staying in Italy?” I ask.

 

“Rome is all I was told,” Gus says, taking JR in his room, and closes the door on me.

 

MEL’S POV

 

I have avoided talking to Linds about separating. Since the day I mentioned separating, Linds hasn’t brought up wanting a baby. When did I stop standing up for myself? Almost from the beginning. Linds has a way of saying and doing things that make you feel like you're wrong. I need to go home for the kids at least.

 

I have everything I need to leave; money, school transcripts, passports. Part of me wants to leave tonight. I told everyone two weeks but Ted left open-ended tickets for me and the kids. Brian’s lawyer sent the paperwork through that said I have his permission to keep Gus. When we were signing the paperwork I was kind of pissed about the clause that we have to have Brian’s approval for anything concerning Gus. It works in my favor now. Linds and I have to have his permission. He has never invoked it before. It means that Linds can fight it, but it will have to go to court. He also put in that the parent Gus lives with gets child support. We all signed the papers, I guess Linds will find out if she pursues anything.

 

I walk in and Linds is feeding the kids. She tells me she wants to talk. I have been waiting for this all week. We put the kids to bed and walk into the living room. I wait for her to begin.

 

“I wanted to talk to you about having a baby. I have the feeling that someone is going to ask me to carry a baby, and I want to say yes. We can raise it with Gus and JR. I know you said something about our relationship, but we seem to be doing fine.” Linds tells me, smiling sweetly.

 

I could burst her bubble about the baby right now. Brian told me that if I need to, I can tell Linds the truth about the baby. Everyone in Pittsburgh knows, so it’s possible she is going to find out. I think I want to wait and see her make an idiot out of herself.

 

“No, Linds. No more children. If you want them, then we need to separate.” I tell her.

 

“If you feel that way, you can go,” Linds tells me.

 

“If I go, I take the kids,” I warn her.

 

“Then wake them up and you can all go,” Linds tells me.

 

That was all I needed to hear from her. I go upstairs and pack the kids and me a suitcase each. I wake Gus and tell him we are going to a hotel tonight. I called a cab from his room. The whole time, Linds is standing in the living room, not trying to stop me. When I saw the cab pull up I told Gus to grab their stuff, and I got JR. We walk past Linds, and she doesn’t say anything or try to stop us.

 

TED’S POV

 

My phone rang at 10:30 pm, it was Mel. I thought maybe it was just an update on what is going on. Nope. Mel tells me she left, and Lindsay didn’t stop her. I had told Brian I would call as soon as it happened. Hopefully, I'll survive calling him at almost 5 am. It rang about four times and a groggy Justin picks it up.

 

“Hello, this better be good.” Justin is yawning.

 

“Justin, it’s Ted. I need to talk to Brian.” I tell him. I hear Justin trying to wake Brian.

 

“What the hell Ted?” Brian isn’t a morning person.

 

I tell him Mel left, and Linds let her take the kids. They are staying at a hotel tonight. He tells me to fly there tonight and help her. Have her call him, but give him a couple of hours. Justin says something I can’t hear. Brian comes back on and tells me that they are going to come home on the next flight. Shit, this isn’t going to be good.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

We have only been in Rome one day and we are leaving. Justin told me that we can come back. He rented the villa for a week. He said Michael and Ben can stay. Justin knows that I will worry until I see Gus. I hang up on Ted and go wake up Michael and Ben.

 

We sit around drinking coffee and decided that we are all going. The next flight out is at noon and it’s a ten-hour flight. So we start packing to go home.

 

Mel called finally, and I told her that we were on our way. I want her to stay at our house. You have to be let in the guard gate to get to us. I tell her that Ted will take her to the house and get her and the kids in and settled.


Justin called the gardener and told him the penis trees have to go as soon as possible. I’m kind of disappointed. I like the trees.

End Notes:

I will try to write tonight but will be late again tomorrow.

Chapter 5 by starlight
Author's Notes:

I was going to hold this hostage till a certain author wrote but since I would be updating until late tomorrow I had to get this one out.

TED’S POV

 

I woke Blake up to tell him I have to go help Mel. Blake said he would go to Brian and Justin’s house and get the guest rooms ready. I told him to stay there tonight. I still can’t believe Linds let them leave.

 

Mel is staying at the hotel next to the airport. I told her I would meet her at the hotel. I didn't want her to have to wake the kids. Mel was waiting for me.

 

I asked Mel if this is what she really wants to do. She tells me that she needs to do it. She and Linds got back together, but Linds seems to be making her pay for the last breakup. Mel said that Linds trying to convince her they should have another baby was the last straw. Especially when Mel found out that Linds thinks Brian is going to ask her to have a baby.

 

Michael told me that Ben told Mel about Brian and Justin having a baby for themselves with a surrogate. All I can think is, wait till Linds finds out that the baby is already on the way. Mel didn’t tell Linds anything. She said it should be a surprise, even though Mel had Brian’s permission to tell Linds.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I let Mel and the kids leave. She'll come back. Mel needs to see that she is going to have to give me what I want. Mel needs to understand that she owes me.

 

Mel didn’t even have enough sense to go to the bank this morning. I withdrew all but fifty dollars and put it in my account. My mother told me if you want them to come home with their tails between their legs, cut off the money. She is going to have to beg me if she wants to come home.

 

I just need Mel until I get pregnant. I figure Brian will see the sense of he and I living together after two children. Mel can do whatever she wants after that. Justin will be the next one I move out. I'll tell Brian to let him move to the loft. I don’t care if Brian sees him, I’ll just tell him that he needs to be discreet.

 

My dad’s girlfriend lives in town, mother made sure she understood her place. Mother told me to make Brian understand that Justin needs to know his. When I move into the manor, then I’ll work on the marriage. Brian has always seen things my way eventually.

 

BLAKE'S POV

 

Ted called to let me know they were on their way. The gardener rounded the trees a little so they look less like penises. The neighbor came over and said the gardener needed to be talked to about how to trim better the first time. I smiled and said not to worry about it. I had the gardener get small crimson pygmy barberry shrubs and plant two under each tree. The trees are far enough away from each other that it will look like red balls next to rounder penises. My contribution to the piss off the neighbor mission.

 

Roe and I wait for Ted and the others. Roe is being needy. Justin usually takes him on most trips. I knew Roe was mad, he left a present for Brian. I had to throw away Brian’s Prada boots, Roe shit in them.

 

MEL’S POV

 

Ted has been wonderful. He kept the kids entertained for me. I know I'm making the right decision, but it isn’t easy. I have been with Linds for the last fourteen years.

 

I talked to Gus so he would understand why we left. He told me that his Mom left first, I just wasn’t paying attention. I asked him how he really felt. He said that home felt like a prison since we moved to Canada. He hopes that his mother gets her act together.

 

I tried to tell Brian we would be okay, that he should finish his vacation, but he said that he needs to be here in case Linds gets any ideas. I found out this morning that she is already working on it. She emptied out our joint account. She only got two thousand. Ted opened an account after I talked to Michael, the guys got together and put money in it. I told Ted that I felt horrible that they had to keep helping me. Ted said that his contribution was the money he took years ago. Emmett had already paid it back, but Ted wanted to make up for his abuse of our friendship.

 

I have been to Britin before, but it always leaves me in awe. Brian loved Justin enough to buy the house. Brian didn’t officially live here until Justin came home. Michael told me that Brian told him that it was for his prince. How do you have that much faith in your love for someone?

 

Gus was excited, he stays here with Brian and Justin when he comes to visit. He has more here than at home. When we packed I left most of their stuff in Canada. I made sure the things they would miss came with us. I need to get JR more clothes and toys. I was going to wait to leave, but Linds made it impossible.

 

Blake helped us get settled. He told me that he could come by tomorrow and take me anywhere I needed to go. I told him that I need to get some clothes and talk to my old firm. Blake was cooking lunch and dinner. Ted is going to pick up the guys tonight at the airport. Blake told me to get some rest. He would take care of the kids today.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Ted met us at the airport and told me to check my phone. I had a message from Blake. I turned it on and pulled up the message. Michael has to see this. I handed him my phone and he was laughing so hard that he couldn’t breathe. The gardener, per Blake’s instructions, planted two little red bushes beside each tree. They look like cock and balls. Brian looked and barked out a laugh. Ben told us that we were all children.

 

We got home, Michael and I played around the trees. I told Michael we should buy spotlights, I want her to see it night and day. Michael told me that he would get them tomorrow. We are still on vacation so why not have fun.

 

The kids were asleep when we came in. Brian went to check on Gus, and Michael and Ben looked in on JR. Mel was in the kitchen with me. She told me Blake made her rest.

 

I asked how the kids were doing. Mel told me that Gus compared Canada to prison. Linds spared no one on her baby mama mission. JR hasn’t really noticed, but it’s only been a day, so we’ll see how she does.

 

Mel asked about the baby, I told her the first ultrasound is next week and we might know the sex. She told me she was surprised that we decided to have kids together. It was a good surprise though, and she was happy for us but thought we weren’t into having kids. I told her that Brian asked when I first came home. I wanted to be able to adjust to being home. I also wanted to make sure that it wouldn’t hurt Gus. The kids Brian and I have together are going to be raised by us.

 

Brian, Michael, and Ben came down and sat with us.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I need to know Mel’s plans. She can stay here as long as she needs to. My thought process on this is that when Wendy realizes that Mel isn’t going to come back, she is going to come down on us like gangbusters.

 

“What are you planning Mel? Linds probably thinks that you're going to come back when you get over this snit.” I hope she is looking at this from all angles.

 

“Linds already threw the first volley. I checked the joint account. I left the money so she could pay bills. She emptied it first thing.” Mel tells me.

 

“Keep you poor and you will come home. WASP 101. Linds is waiting for you to notice.” Justin tells Mel.

 

“You think she took the money so that I would return?” Mel asks, apparently, she never did learn who she married.

 

“It is how to keep the unfaithful from leaving. I know you don’t have millions in your account, but if you needed it, you now have to go to her. My mom had a friend who did it every time her husband thought he was getting away with an affair. He fell for it a few times.” Justin talks like the wife was being rational.

 

I tell them that I think that we should tell Linds that the baby mama position was filled three months ago and let everything fall where it will. Justin and Michael said go ahead, they would make the popcorn, and Linds would blow up like a summer blockbuster. I told the twats to go play in the yard.

 

It was late and we need to rest before we have to deal with everything. I grab Justin and tell everyone to leave us alone until noon.

 

EMMETT’S POV

 

Teddy caught me up on Linds and the penis project. He told me that if Linds called I could tell. Justin and Michael just want the details. I think she is going to start calling by tomorrow morning. I told Justin and Michael I would come out to the house. I had to see the drive in person. Michael told me we need ten solar spotlights. I told them I would bring them in the morning.

 

I was driving over to Britin with lights. Linds called twice already but I promised Baby I would wait and call her back and put it on speaker when I got to Britin. Every time Linds calls I just talk until she gets that I tell her nothing.

 

When I pull in the yard, the gardener is waiting, he said he would put the lights in for us. Wow, Blake outdid the boys. The bushes on the bottom really do look like red balls. Justin wants to plant this grass that will grow around them and look like wild hair. I told both him and Michael that they need to get a new plan, something like a vagina sculpture. Tell her you needed more cunts in the neighborhood. Justin said that he was going to make her cookies. I’m sure there is more to it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

 

I dialed Linds.

 

“Emmett. Thanks for calling me back. I needed to see if you could call Ted and find out where Brian is for me. Gus misses him.” Linds tells us.

 

Gus is out at the pool with his father. I wonder if Gus misses Brian. I should ask him when I get off the phone. It’s on now.

 

“Well, Brian and Justin have to be back by next week. I’m sure you can tell Gus that Brian will call him then. The time difference probably makes it tough to call.” I tell Linds.

 

“What’s going on next week?” I was hoping Linds would ask.

 

“You know, they have the ultrasound for the new baby. Justin told me that they might be able to tell the sex of the baby by then. I mean the surrogate is four months now.” I wait with Michael and Justin.

 

“What are you talking about Emmett? What baby, and what surrogate? You need to find Brian for me. NOW. You tell him if he doesn’t call me immediately there is going to be hell to pay.” Linds is screaming through the phone.

 

Brian walks up to the phone and takes it from us.

 

“And just what are you going to do Linds?” Brian sneers into the phone.

 

“Mel and I will make it so you never see Gus again. I will not have you replacing me... our child, with some whore’s baby. Do you understand? If you wanted a baby all you had to do was ask. I will not have Gus hurt because you didn’t think of him. Gus is going to think that you don’t want him when someone else's child lives with you.” Linds is ranting.

 

“I have one thing to say to all that Linds. FUCK. YOU.” Brian hangs up the phone.

 

He walks out of the room. We wait for him to go back out to Gus.

 

“Who bet Brian would tell her 'Fuck you'?” I think it was Cynthia, but we’ll have to wait.

 

Chapter 6 by starlight
Author's Notes:

I am bring the devil back to Pittsburgh but this is before.

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I need to get Mel and the kids home. If Brian thinks this is over, he's crazy. I’m going to make him so sorry. I have been trying to reach Mel, but she is probably still pissy. I tried Gus’s phone and found it in his room. I also need to make sure that Mel sides with me. I’ll tell her that Brian wants me to help him take Gus from her.

 

I also need to clean the house. Brian shouldn’t have made me mad. I should have just kept to one room, but every room I went into, I just wanted to destroy everything. When I looked this morning, it reminds me of the aftermath of a tornado. I can’t let Mel see this. When she calls, I’ll tell her that I was just having baby fever, and now I’m over it and I know that our relationship is important.

 

I finally called a maid service, I tried to clean it up, but really it was a mess. I told the lady to make it spotless. I called my mother and she told me to get Gus back first and then she would send me tickets to Pittsburgh. I told her about the baby and she said to convince Brian to let the mother raise it. I told her that I might know the mother of the baby. My problem was that Justin would make it so that Daphne wouldn’t want to talk to me either.

 

I can’t believe they already got someone pregnant. Brian should have wanted his kids to be full siblings. I bet Justin and Daphne convinced him to let her carry the baby. I want to find out, but Emmett, the little bastard, was playing me. I can’t call anyone in the group, Justin probably has them all on his side. Maybe I'll call Hunter, he never liked Justin.

 

MEL’S POV

 

Linds has called seven times this morning alone. I told Brian I don’t want her to know where we are right now. If she finds out, she will come here and try to get Gus sooner. Brian said that we need to find out our options. He called his lawyer this morning and explained what Linds is doing. I told him that with the custody agreement we signed, Linds is going to have a hard time trying to get Gus.

 

Blake is on his way to pick me up so that I can go to my old firm and start the process of requalifying to practice again. I made a list of clothes and supplies needed for JR and Gus. Michael and Ben are going to pick them up. Brian told me last night that I need to know when to ask for help, and to accept help without worrying about it. I hate doing it, but the kids come first.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

After the phone call last night, Brian told me that he would call his lawyer. He wants to makes sure that Linds can’t force Mel to give up Gus. I ask about JR, Brian said that Linds never had parental rights, just visitation. Mel and Linds never got married or filed for domestic partnership, which means, unless Linds goes to court to fight for custody, nothing can be done. Linds went too far with the threats. Brian would’ve played nice, but she used Gus. Now it’s going to get ugly. I wanted to offer her money behind Brian’s back and tell her to go run after hairy asshole artist.

 

I hate Sam, he is a total dick. Linds and Sam are actually perfect for each other. Both are complete fuck ups and selfish. Sam is on wife number six, and he is messing around with another gallery chick who wants to have his paintings in her gallery. Sound familiar?

 

I saw him at my third show and he was trying to get into some teen’s pants. I walked over and said hi and had Sarah get the girl out of there. Sam tends to knock his women up. Then runs for the hills. I told him Linds says hi, just to be an asshole. He didn’t even know who I was talking about.  

 

Sarah just called me to tell me Linds was trying to get information again. She told me that if Brian and I wanted, we could route the calls through her office. She has no problem with telling Linds off. I told her that neither did I, but Brian told me to stick to pissing off the neighbor. Sarah loves the trees.

.

I wanted to tell Linds to threaten until the end of time. Brian and I have enough money to keep this in court forever. I told Brian to feel free to sue the hell out of her. Brian said we should scrape the cum off the backroom walls and send it to her, for her baby.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

When I hire a lawyer, I want someone who isn’t going to blow smoke up my ass. Aaron wins. When he created the custody paperwork he made it so that my word was law. I was still pissed at the way both girls used Gus to get at me. Linds for money and to keep me in her life, Mel to hold over my head that she had rights and I didn’t. Mel never used Gus as emotional blackmail. I can’t forgive Linds for that.

 

Aaron told me we need to record all calls from Linds. He told me everyone who heard the phone call needs to give a statement. I don’t want to go to court. Gus doesn’t need to put through having to choose a parent. Mel said that the judge would interview Gus in chambers. Justin and I are going to sign Legal Domestic Partnership papers. We planned on doing that before the new baby was born anyway. I want to make sure that if anything happens to me, Justin makes all the decisions. I know that he will take care of everyone. I didn’t want my sister or mother to try to take anything. I guess Linds needs to be added to that list.

 

I told Gus that if he wanted to talk to his mother that he could. Gus said he needs a break from her. Gus and I would talk when he was walking from the bus stop to home. Linds was trying to constantly take his phone. I told him to call if it was an emergency but otherwise get away from the house to call.

 

Ted is going to continue to take care of Kinnetik for the week. I told Cynthia just to take messages when Linds calls. Cynthia told me that she and Sarah talked and they are going run all the calls to the service Sarah uses. They will verify all the information and direct the calls to the correct person. They put Linds on the message only list. I asked Cynthia if they were tired of Linds already. Cynthia said she won $800 bucks in the pool, and would happily talk to Linds. The calls are recorded through the service and can be used because the hold message tells you that.

 

Justin wanted us to take Gus and JR to the diner. Deb hasn’t seen the kids in a month. Mel told Justin that she was going to be gone all day. I found out that Linds has also made it hard for Deb to see the kids. I can’t believe this is the woman I called my friend.

 

Justin, the kids, and I were going out to the car when the neighbor, Katherine walked up. What the hell does she want now? I told Gus to get his sister in the car.

 

“Justin, I wanted to talk to you about the trees. I think the color contrast is lovely, but could you maybe surround the tree instead of just having them on the sides like that.” Katherine thinks when she talks to Justin that he is just naive.

 

“I would, but you know us artists want to make a statement. I even thought about painting them, you know like a landscape painting. I thought I could take your advice Katie, you know, paint something people like.” Justin is being snotty. God help her when Michael finds out.

 

“It’s Katherine. Brian, maybe you could see what I mean. I think that the neighborhood should really work on beautifying the yards.” Katherine turned her back on Justin.

 

“Well you know, I understand what you're saying, but I kind of like the cock and balls look.” I can play too.

 

I opened the car door, got in and slammed it in her face. Justin smiles, waves bye and gets in, I started the engine and pulled out. Justin is watching Katherine stomping off. Katherine and Linds would make quite a team. I look at Justin and tell him to get a fountain of nymphs spraying water out of their asses if he wants. Justin told me that he is going to make me very happy tonight.

 

DEBBIE’S POV

 

Michael got home early from his vacation, so I knew something was going on. I talk to Ben because he doesn’t go off on tangents. I wanted to hop in my car and shove a cannon up Lindsay’s ass.

 

Carl told me if I need to kill her, have her come to Pittsburgh. I was surprised by that, normally he tells me that he isn’t going to let me break the law. I asked why. He said that he could make sure I don’t get caught in Pittsburgh. Carl told me that Linds is the worst kind of abuser. Linds makes it look like you're in the wrong, while she is stabbing you in the back.

 

My grandbabies are here and that is all I care about. I saw them coming in the door and Gus runs and yells Grandma and hugs me. He does it so that JR warms up to me sooner. JR stands next to Justin holding his leg, watching, then runs and yells 'Grandma'. I miss these kids. I save them a booth. I told the boys I already put their orders in. I needed to finish so that I could sit with them.

 

Kiki told me to sit down and she would serve us. We were talking and making plans for this weekend. I want to take the kids to Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium. Carl has off and said that we should take the kids and let the adults talk. Kiki brought our plates.

 

“Deb, Linds called to talk to you. I told her I would get you but she hung up before I could.” Kiki tells me.

 

“Kiki what did you say to her before you hung up? Think really hard about it.” I ask.

 

“Not a lot. I mentioned that the kids were getting really big. She told me they were. I said that Gus is going to be as tall as Justin soon. She asked if they were here too. I told her yes, then I told her to hold on, but no one was there.” Kiki tells me.

 

I tell Kiki thanks. I look at Brian and asked if we have a problem. He told me that the problem is probably on her way. He wasn’t worried about it. He called Michael and told him they needed to drop off the kids early and he would explain when he got there. I guess I could kill her in Pittsburgh now.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

At least I know where that bitch went. I called my mother and told her that Mel took the kids to Pittsburgh. Mother told me that all this was giving her a headache, maybe I should just look for a man. I could even let them have Gus. I could get a fresh start. I asked for the ticket to Pittsburgh and hung up.

 

I have not worked on this all this time not to get what I want. Justin won’t get everything. He can keep his art, I want the house and Brian.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

Brian and Justin brought the kids to me and told me that Linds knows they're here. Brian and Justin are going to the lawyers' office to talk to Aaron. Mel is supposed to meet them there. Aaron wanted statements from everyone. Ben and I are going to take the kids to a movie. I feel bad because we can’t do much else to help. Brian told me that my job was to think of something to do to the neighbor.

 

Linds has called a couple of times, I didn’t answer because the things I want to say aren’t going to help. Mel told me that JR would be fine. Linds only has visitation. I want her off that too. I have a feeling that she would use it to get to Gus.

 

Chapter 7 by starlight
Author's Notes:

I came home yesterday wrote this and fell asleep. Here it is.

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I landed in Pittsburgh and no one was here to meet me. I called my mother and she said she had tennis lessons. I called Daddy and he told me he was busy, he’d send my sister’s husband to pick me up. I told Daddy I didn’t appreciate not being in first class. He told me to take it up with my mother. I waited for two hours for someone to get here. I don’t even know my brother-in-law’s name. Apparently, he has been married to my sister long enough to not want to know our names.

 

I called Kinnetik and got an answering service and was told I was on the 'leave a message' list. Do they really think they can ignore me? I can show up at the Liberty Diner, they are bound to be there. I need to get Michael away from Ben. Michael will blurt out anything, give him five minutes. I notice that lately, all the times I talk to him, Ben is present. I decided to call the comic book store. Hunter answered.

 

“Hunter, it’s Linds, I need some help. Justin is helping Mel keep Gus from me. I need someone to help me. I mean, I love my son and would like to be allowed to see him. No child should live without their mother you know.” I figured I would make it sound like Justin is the one trying to keep Gus from me, Hunter doesn’t like Justin.

 

“What do you want me to do Linds?” Hunter sounds like he is going to help.

 

“I just need to know where my lambskin is staying. I need you to let me know when Brian is at the diner, and I was also wondering if you know the surrogate's name. I need all the help I can get. I’m afraid that they are going to make it impossible for me to see Gus.” I tell him.

 

“First you need me to tell you where your kid is. The one that you love sooo much, yet kicked out of the house with Mel when she l wouldn’t do what you wanted. In fact, you told her to take him. Then they left with nowhere to go and no money because you took all the money from the bank account. Second, I’m to aid and abet in your stalking of Brian, because you have a right to know where he is at all times. Third, I’m to get you information on baby mama, because you lost your mind when you realized it wasn’t going to be you. I will get right on that for you. I think when I’m done betraying everyone that has been there for me, I’ll go hug my mom, the pimp. Dude, you are delusional. Bye bye now.” Hunter hangs up on me.

 

Fuck him, I know Mel worked on Hunter's case, but I never paid much attention. I think that I could use that. I don’t want Gus to hang around an ex-hustler. I mean we could set up a charity, or something.

 

I called Mel again.

 

“What do you want Linds? I see you made it to Mommy's.” Mel is such a bitch.

 

“I want my son. You had no right taking him out of the country without my permission. If you don't bring him to my parent’s house immediately, I'll call the police. Then you and Brian can explain to the police why Gus is with you.” I tell her.

 

“Go ahead. Bye.” Mel tells me.

 

Well, at least I can make good on that threat.

 

MEL’S POV

 

Linds is going to be in for a shock. I figure Brian needs to know the devil has reached the Pitts. He is in his home office working. I learned to knock after I walked in on Brian and Justin.

 

“Come in,” Justin yells.

 

“Brian, I just talked to Linds, we should be expecting the police. She is calling to try to get Gus. I told her to go ahead.” I tell him.

 

“Good thing Aaron is on his way. I need a witness to sign the partnership paperwork, so stick around.” Brian says as he goes back to work.

 

I look to see what Justin is looking at. It’s fountains. Why is he looking for a fountain? I ask him. He said that the neighbor accosted him and Brian yesterday, and Brian told him he could get a fountain with nymphs. He said that he was looking to see if they had ones with the water shooting out of the nymphs ass. I have seen the trees. I get it.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin has been pissed all day about Linds. I fucked him into a coma last night and he gets up and starts trying to figure out ways to make Linds pay. I have decided I am going to hold that against Linds too. I told Aaron that Linds was going to threaten something. He is coming with the paperwork for the partnership.

 

Aaron arrives and we tell him that Linds is here in Pittsburgh and that the police are probably going to try to remove Gus. Aaron told me that he has all the necessary paperwork to show that Mel was following my orders. The front doorbell rings. Aaron told me to stay and let him talk to them first.

 

Mel and I waited. The police came in and said that they needed to verify that Gus was not in danger. I call Gus over the intercom to come to my office. Gus came in and talked to the police with Aaron. We wanted to make sure that they couldn’t say Gus was afraid to say anything. Gus told the police officers that his mother, Linds, kicked them all out of the house in Canada at ten at night. And when they left, she didn’t ask where they were going or try to stop them.

 

The police thanked us for our time. Fuck you, Wendy. I learned to cover all my bases. I know Linds’s mother will either help Linds or be pissed about the police. It looks bad for the police to show up at their house all day. I figured that we could keep this going until Mommy Dearest tells her darling little girl that she will not have the neighbors talking.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Hunter called to tell me about Linds. He was laughing at how she thought he would side with the mothers. I told him that she probably didn’t pay attention to why Hunter was trying to get away from his own mother.

 

I called my mom and asked if she could go to the club and see what’s up. Nancy still associates with my mother. Mom said that Nancy and her instructor had private lessons. She would try to run into her casually, but normally Nancy takes off as soon as she is done. I asked mom if she ever did that. She laughed and said only with Tucker. I quickly said goodbye.

 

Sarah called and said that Sydney wanted to know if I would participate in a charity show. I always do them for Sydney, he gave me my start. He asked for 2 or 3 paintings if possible. I think I’ll paint one of the front yard. Katherine, my favorite neighbor, goes to these charity things. I told Sydney to send her an invitation. I also think that I should send one of Brian naked. Hum, Brian naked.

 

“Justin will you pay attention. You need to start signing the papers.” Brian is snapping his fingers in my face.

 

I start signing, and good God why does it take so much paperwork to say you own someone. I need one of those rubber stamp things. I keep signing. I felt something at my feet. Roe wants some love.

 

Roe wouldn’t stay in any room Brian was in for the last couple of days. Blake told me about the shoes. I told Blake to take the garbage to the curb. I called Cynthia and told her we needed new Pradas. Brian would want to get back at Roe. Brian would do something like shave all his beautiful fur off.

 

“Justin, Aaron would like to go home, so can you finish signing everything?” Brian asks me.

 

I start signing again and finally get to the last page. Aaron leaves and I wanted to get started on my painting. I was walking out the door behind Aaron and Mel when Brian clears his throat. I turn to look at him. He raised his eyebrow. It took me a second. Oh yeah, Brian would want to celebrate an achievement. I lock the door this time.

 

Gus’s POV

 

Look. Linds is my mother, and I love her, but I don’t like her. She is always trying to play Dad and Mel against each other. I’m nine and I see it. Why do adults not pay attention to each other? Mom told me one day that she and I would live in the house with Dad. That was all I needed to hear to know that she was going off the deep end.

 

Do I miss her? I miss what she was like before we left for Canada. Emmett said something about eating salami and Mom suddenly wanted Dad. I don’t really get it.

 

Michael and I have been trying to think of something for the neighbor. Michael said that he and Justin are only allowed to do things that can’t get them killed or put in jail. I told Michael he has an in with the police, use it. And if all else fails Mel will get them out.

 

End Notes:

I will be at work till late so the next chapter will be posted later tonight

Chapter 8 by starlight

 

 

 

LINDSAY’S POV   

 

The police were useless. They brought me a copy of the custody agreement and said that I needed to settle this in court. I told them I thought Gus could be in danger. I explained that Hunter was a hustler and felt that Gus was too young to exposed to that life. The police officer told me that a young man who was forced into prostitution and that has straightened out his life doesn’t deserve to be harassed. I told him that I expect results, not excuses. The officer looked at me and said get a lawyer, with the paperwork and lawyer that the other parents had, I would need one. I told the officer if he knew how to do his job that Gus would be with me. He told me that if I hadn’t kicked my child out of the house, he would still be with me. I was livid, how dare he speak to me this way. I wanted his badge number. He gave it to me and told me how to report him.

 

I looked at the paperwork, but couldn’t understand half of it. I remembered the name of the attorney Brian hired and called to see if he could help me. He told me that in custody cases they require at least $5000 up front to do a consultation. I had about half that. I went to find Daddy and told him that I needed him to pay for the fees. Daddy told me to go to my mother. He has never been any help.

 

Mother came home to the police in the house and took off into the sunroom. I walked in and could tell she wasn’t happy.

 

“I’m sorry about the police being here. I thought that my son would be returned, but apparently, Brian’s lawyer had a custody agreement that he had us sign because Mel made it impossible for him to see Gus and me. I tried to talk to Daddy. I need to get money for a lawyer.” I watch Mother, who didn’t like that I mentioned Mel.

 

“Lindsay, I am only going to say this once and you either listen or find somewhere else to go. I do not appreciate having a police car at my house. You should have gone to the police station and waited there. Now we are going to have to explain to the neighbors why the police came over. I really think you need to just let Brian and Melanie keep that kid. Put it in the past and move on, you aren’t getting any younger. I was very upset when I got the detective report on Brian Kinney. Why would you have a child with someone whose background is so distasteful? I understand that he has done well for himself, but you need someone who you can stand next to with pride. I will have my attorney, Williams, look at the papers, but that is it.” Mother has spoken.

 

I hand the papers to my mother. I guess I should have realized she would look into Brian. Mother wouldn’t understand about Brian. I would clean him up and bring him to events, and at the time Brian was willing to impress people. He wanted the contacts. He knew that he would need them when he started his career, so he put aside his dislike of my peers. After that, we would get high and party the night away at a club.

 

I met Michael that way. We left a party and Brian told me that he needed to pick up a friend. We got to the Big Q and Michael was waiting. I knew almost immediately that Michael wanted Brian, it was in the way they greeted each other. Michael hugged him longer and would try to extend the kiss. Brian would back off when it seemed too long. I befriended him because he wasn’t a threat to me. We went to Babylon and I ended up sitting with Michael at the bar. Michael told me that if I thought Brian was long term I was fooling myself. I told Michael that we had started dating. Michael smiled and said that Brian doesn’t date. I told him that we go to dinners at my parents and hang out all the time. Michael told me that was all it would ever be, that I didn’t have the right equipment to be more. I looked at him and told him neither did he.

 

After that conversation, Brian distanced himself from me. And anytime I showed up he was always in the dorms, fucking half the males on campus. I backed off and started seeing women. Brian was sending me a message, and I sent one back. We started hanging out again. I got us drunk and high, and finally we made love. He is like a powerhouse in bed. He passed out cold, and the next morning I was going to get us breakfast in bed. I wanted to celebrate that we finally took our relationship to the next level. When I woke up he was gone.

 

I went to see him and he was screwing some guy. I told him I needed to see him. He smiled at me and slapped the guy's ass. I was pissed. He said I could stay and watch if I wanted but he would be at least another hour or two. I told him to meet me at a cafe on campus. I got there early and was trying to work out what to say. I decided that we could keep it casual, we were still young and in college. I waited for a few hours and he never showed.

 

It was three days later when he called. He told me that on the way to meet me a bunch of guys wanted to go to a party. He just got back. I excused him, told him that I met a girl. Brian wasn’t ready for a relationship.

 

I met Mel and Brian wasn’t thrilled. I watched the two and learned that if I kept Mel jealous, she would antagonize Brian. Brian would go out of his way to show I meant more. I didn’t mind. I mean, other than Michael no one got close to Brian. Michael was never going to be more than a friend. It wasn’t until Justin showed up that I had any doubts. I used Justin to push Brian. I kept Justin around and figured that Brian would eventually get rid of him.

 

I think for the first time I was jealous. Justin was a gay man’s wet dream. He was also an artist, who at 17 was more talanted than the people I went to school with in college. I wanted to show his work. I thought it would be funny to Brian. I found out later Brian bought the piece. Mel wanted to take Justin out for his birthday and I watched Justin looking at Ethan and thought, 'good, find someone else'. After Justin left, I played the sympathetic friend and told Brian to tell Justin how he feels. Brian denied having any feelings. I felt better. Brian was at my house all the time. I was in heaven. Then the little bastard came back. I know that was when I started to hate Justin.

 

I need to make Brian see I am the only one who can make him happy.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Mel is going to start working. She wants to be able to support herself and the kids. Justin told her he would pay her a hundred thousand to pose nude. She told him she didn’t do charity. He told her that he wanted to create a painting for Katherine. Mel was laughing and smiling for the first time in days.

 

Gus and I spent a lot of time playing soccer and swimming. I worried about him and JR. Linds had been a caring mother to them. Gus said that yes, she was, but lately she has been running after me so much that mothering took a back burner. Mel apparently tried to make up for it. Gus said that Mel was so busy working and running away from Linds that she hasn’t been there much either. I needed to know that he was okay with Mel. Gus told me that of course he was. Mel always made sure that they were okay, she just didn’t want to fight in front of him and JR.

 

Looking out in the front yard I see Justin and Michael are plotting again. The trees are still the same but apparently they went online and found some kind of flower they want to put in. Justin, not having any kind of green thumb, and Michael, who could only grow something if he read it in a comic, asked the gardener. I really need to find them something more constructive to do.

 

My phone was ringing. Cynthia called me to tell me that Linds was in the building and tried to get into my office. She had the guard escort Linds out. Liberty Air wants to meet tomorrow. I guess this vacation is over.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Michael came over to play with Gus and JR. I gave him an hour. I want a theme. I looked all over and told Michael that if the gardener says it’s possible we are going to be ordering plants. Cal wants to help because Katherine gets on his nerves.

 

I told Cal I want to section off the middle of the drive for this. It doesn’t work if she can’t see it. I want Pussy Willows around the sides, and Clitoria, Peony Daisies, Wang Peonies, and Dropping Ball Shrubs, in a circle. In the middle, I want the Erupting Orgasm Plant. Cal told me to find them he could have them planted in a week. Michael loved the Erupting Orgasm Plant. I told Michael that I would be giving Katie a tour of the new garden that would beautify the neighborhood. Sarah is calling to get the plants.

 

Sarah called me back and let me know the plants are on their way. She also told me that one of the artists who wants to show with me at Sydney’s charity show is the hairy asshole. I wanted to say no, but maybe I’ll send Linds’s mother an invitation. I could introduce them, maybe Sam would fuck the mother. I told Sarah to go ahead. Sam isn’t all that in the art world. He got too big and became an asshole to people. No one wants to buy your stuff if you treat them like they are idiots. He needs all the attention he can get, he is sued for child support and spousal support all the time.

 

Gus asked if he could come to the doctor’s appointment to see the baby. I told him yes as long as Amanda was okay with it, it’s going to be his brother or sister anyway. He is excited. I called Amanda and she was good with that. The doctor was able to get her in this Friday. I can’t wait to see. Brian even volunteered to go.

 

MEL’S POV

 

My old boss said that they could use some help on a case. I can work on cases but can’t represent anyone yet. It was nice to be missed. I have been having an okay week. It wasn’t until Justin asked me to pose nude that I had my first laugh. Justin really has it out for the neighbor. I haven’t officially met her yet. I asked why go to all these lengths to piss her off instead of just telling her off. He told me that would only entertain him and Michael for a couple of minutes, this way they get weeks of entertainment and plot lines for Rage.

 

It’s weird how Michael and Justin became friends and partners in crime. I asked Michael how it happened. Everyone knows that Michael was in love with Brian. Michael told me that if you love someone you want the best for them. You don’t try to force yourself on them. I told him that he really showed growth in understanding that. Michael told me that it was Brian who taught him that.

 

“When Justin left Brian for Ethan, he still paid for Justin to go to school and made sure that Justin had anything he needed. He gave Justin work for money. He was available for Justin. Justin went out and proved Brian innocent of the molestation charge by his nephew. They still took care of each other. They couldn’t be together and still loved each other, but it wasn’t their time.” Michael tells me.

 

That is where Linds was different, she keeps forcing herself in. She made friends with Justin and would play this game of ‘Brian you like freedom, but admit you love Justin’. She was pushing and pulling at their relationship.

 

Gus told me that he wants to stay with Brian and me. He only wants to go back to his mother if she straightens out her life. I don’t want Gus to regret things. I want him to be happy and if Linds can be the mother he needs than they can have a relationship separate from us.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

My mother’s attorney was here and told me that I had, in effect, signed my son over to Brian with the custody agreement. He wanted to know why. I told him that Brian said without the agreement he wouldn’t pay any more support to me. The attorney wanted to know why I would ask for support from someone who was, in essence, not even the father anymore. I told him that I had Brian’s child, so he needed to support him. Williams said that if I try to break the agreement that I would have to pay back all the support I had received first. I didn’t understand why. He flipped to the fourth page and told me it was in plain English. That if we want to back out of the custody agreement, that Brian, as a non-legal parent, would be paid back all funds received as support during Gus’s lifetime.

 

Williams told me that it was very generous support, but I also wouldn’t receive it anymore, because Mel, who is also a custodial parent, had Gus. I told him I wanted to sue Mel for custody. He told me to get a lawyer who deals with family disputes. I can’t believe this. I need to see Brian. I need that money. I thought he would still be depositing it in the joint account. I made arrangements at the bank to have it automatically deposited in my personal account.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Ted called me and said that Mel should go to Canada and get all the belongings for her and the kids. Linds is here so she wouldn’t be able to stop them. I called Mel and she told me she could go tomorrow. I called Cynthia and told her to arrange a moving company for them to get everything done in one day.


I need a break from this shit. I told Justin that once the ultrasound was done he and I would go anywhere he wanted for a couple of days. I practically married him, might as well get the honeymoon.

Chapter 9 by starlight

 

 

 

 

MEL’S POV   

 

Ted, Blake, Justin, Roe, and Michael came with me to pack up the house. I asked Justin why he brought the cat. He said something about boots and hairless cats. Blake pulled me aside and explained about the boots.

 

I contacted the landlord to let him know that I needed to be taken off the lease. I told the guys that they didn’t have to help. Justin told me that Brian felt that he and Michael had too much time on their hands and that Blake was being way too helpful. I just let it go. I want to be there when they reveal the garden.  

 

I looked around the house and there were a lot of items missing. I found most of it in a trash can. I guess Linds did a little house destruction when she found out about the baby. Linds breaks and trashes things when she gets upset. When we were in counseling, Linds said when she was mad at her parents she destroyed things. They would simply replace everything. Luckily, she wasn’t paying attention, most of the stuff she damaged belonged to her.

 

The movers came and we had everything packed up in a day. I left Linds her things to pack or lose. I didn’t want to stay, this wasn’t my home, it was my family’s prison. Justin had rented a van for anything I needed right away. I put the kids' stuff in that. Justin wanted us to have a road trip back. He said the only rule was if it wasn’t fun it wasn’t allowed.

 

We sang and ate, Justin stopped at anything that we could take a picture with. He wanted us to go by Niagara falls so we could take pictures. It was all fun and I realized that throughout my time with Linds, we didn’t do things unless it was to impress her parents. This trip was really freeing. I want to have a life where I don’t have to apologize for being me.

 

Brian had to work, so Ben and Hunter watched the kids. Ben wanted to take them to the science center. I found out that Linds tried to use Hunter’s past to get Gus. I told him that he didn’t need to worry about anything the bitch had to say. I was really pissed when the cop brought that up. I explained Hunter’s situation to the cop and said if there was a problem to contact Carl Horvath since Hunter was his step-grandson. I understand Linds doesn’t like to thwarted, but she went too far.

 

We got back to the Pitts and unloaded the car. Gus came out to help and JR grabbed Roe, who looked happy to be home. Justin and Michael checked out Cal’s work.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

I wanted Mel to relax, she has been on the go since coming here. I also figured it was a good time to get Roe out. Brian was looking for his boots. It had been fun, it wasn’t anything exciting, just friends playing. I took pictures of Roe at Niagara Falls. My cat is going to be well traveled.

 

We helped Mel unload the car, but then I wanted to see what was done in the drive. Brian told me that as long as it looked good he didn’t care. Blake got sent as punishment when he called Sarah and told her to find a plant called Amaranthus Dick. I looked it up and told Sarah that “I WANT IT”. Cal has the pussy willows planted and the other plants are still in transit. The hardest one was to find the Erupting Orgasm Plant. I wanted it ready to bloom.

 

My plan is to have a garden party and invite Katie. My mother even volunteered to walk her around and name everything. Michael was laughing at my mother saying Clitoria. I told him that my mother could make anything sound normal. I invited Deb. I want to hear her say “fuck that is one big orgasm.”

 

Brian came home and took the kids. He told me that Linds showed up again. He isn’t avoiding her but didn’t want to deal with her either. I’ll have to find out later.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I was having a great day, Liberty Air wanted to increase its promotional budget. They are looking to expand into western markets. We came out with a 15 million dollar budget and a 2 million dollar bonus if we increase their market share by 10 percent. As I said, great day.

 

It went downhill when Cynthia told me that the guard had Linds outside the door. I guess it was time to deal with her. I walked outside and told Linds to follow me. I called Cynthia and told her I wanted her in this meeting. Cynthia asked if I should call Aaron. I nodded and ushered Linds into the office.

 

“Brian, we need to talk without others involved,” Linds tells me.

 

I wasn’t going to do that. I want witnesses to everything.

 

“Linds, you’ve threatened me, and Mel. I don’t trust you anymore. Gus doesn’t want to see you. I hope that changes, but until it does I won’t force him. In all this you haven’t even asked about JR. I don’t know what is left to say anymore.” I tell her. I hoped she would just leave.

 

“I don’t feel that asking to have my child returned to his mother is threatening anyone. I know Mel has made Gus think that I don’t love him. She probably told you both that I threw them out. I wanted space and Mel overreacted.” Linds lies so easily.

 

“Gus said he knows you love him. He wants you to be the mother you were before Canada. Mel has been busy trying to take care of the kids. Is there anything else, or are we done?” I’m ready to end this.

 

Cynthia came into the office and nodded. Aaron is on his way. I wanted Aaron to be in all meetings with Linds. Linds wasn’t happy with Cynthia in the office. She wanted me to talk to her alone.

 

“Brian, this a private conversation.” Linds pointedly says.

 

“You made that impossible when you threatened me,” I tell her.

 

“I was upset that you would take Mel and the kids in without telling me.” Linds needs to keep up with the lies she tells.

 

“Why would you be upset? At the time, you didn’t know Mel and the kids were at my house.” I had decided that I wouldn’t add anything to the conversation. She can talk and I’ll counter the conversation.

 

“I was talking about when I found out,” Linds says this like it was the truth.

 

“Oh sorry, I can’t keep up with you. I mean the threats before you knew Gus was out of your grasp. The police came after you found out. What’s next? Mommy coming to tell me I hurt her little girl.” I sneered.

 

“Brian, I wanted to talk, not get into an argument. We used to be able to talk. I want it to be like college when we had fun. Too many people are causing you and I to fight.” Linds is trying to make it about everyone else.

 

I hear Cynthia snort. Linds glares at her. I look at the door and Aaron is coming in. I have something for Linds.

 

“Good Afternoon, I’m Aaron McAllister, you must be Lindsay Peterson.” Aaron is so courteous.

 

“Yes, may I help you? I was trying to speak to Brian in private.” Linds is her mother’s daughter.

 

“Did I forget to mention I am Mr. Kinney’s lawyer? I wanted to deliver this in person. I also wanted to be present if there were any questions you had. Your mother’s lawyer called and said that you had questions.” Aaron handed Linds a copy of the custody agreement. He knew she had a copy.

 

Linds looks at the documents. Aaron put post-it notes next to each section and explained what it meant. He told me that he would put it in words that a 5th grader could understand.

 

“I have a copy of this. I don’t care what is in it. I plan to fight this, my son will not be kept from me.” Linds is starting to get angry.

 

“I put an explanation of what each section meant. I also wanted to give you a copy of what you will owe Mr. Kinney if you want to revoke your portion of the agreement. I made sure that I separated Melody Marcus’s portion of the bill. I also added all additional funds that you have requested from Mr. Kinney. If you look at page five, it shows that any funds you received from Mr. Kinney, in addition to the child support, would be paid back if you wanted out of the agreement. Do you have any questions?” Aaron is enjoying this.

 

“I will have my attorney contact you. I will not allow you to threaten me.” Linds got up and walked out.

 

Aaron told me to call me at any time. Cynthia smiled and told Aaron she was impressed. Aaron smiled and told her she should go out with him if she wanted to be really impressed. I told them to take their hetero dating rituals out to the lobby.

 

I sat at my desk, and it hurts that my friend disappeared. I know she isn’t perfect, but she was a friend. I stopped that line of thought. I need to get away from town for a few days. I was looking up places to go, I think it’s time for Justin and me to finally go to Vermont.

 

Cynthia came in and asked if Justin was back yet. I told her he would be back sometime tonight or tomorrow. She asked if I could give something to him. She brought a box wrapped up. I told her sure and decided to leave for the day anyway. I got in the car and the box bothered me. I had to open it. Why is Justin getting me new boots? I was looking for this pair this morning.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I can’t believe this. I wanted to talk to Brian. I was pissed that no one would leave us alone. When that lawyer started talking, I was ready to destroy Brian’s office. How dare they think they can dictate to me.


I’ve been trying to find Daphne. I need to know if she is the surrogate. I want to make sure that she understands how I feel about this. She would be giving up her child and I can show her the custody agreement. Look at what will happen to her. I wish I had paid more attention to her when she was talking about colleges.

Chapter 10 by starlight
Author's Notes:

I have a surprise for Linds.

LINDSAY’S POV   

 

I got home to my mother matchmaking. She invited over some men who worked for Daddy. I asked her what was going on. She told me that she wanted me to meet people she thought were better choices. She also said not to mention that I had a child. I was polite to the men, but Mother doesn’t understand that I want Brian.

 

I told my father I needed to speak to him. We went to his office after the party.

 

“I need you to give me the funds to fight the custody paperwork,” I told him.

 

“Sorry, but I don’t feel I should. Your mother arranged for you to meet men who could take care of you. Pick one that will. I really don’t care who you pick.” Daddy thinks he can just say no to me.

 

“How about I pick Henry Michaels? I mean you wouldn’t have a problem with that would you?” I need him to know I have him by the balls.

 

“Why would you want Henry, he’s closer to my age?” Daddy is confused.

 

“Well, I figured since you're screwing his daughter and your mistress, he should be allowed to screw your daughter too,” I tell him.

 

I found out that Daddy has more than one woman on the side. Lynett told me. Daddy asked for the amount. I told him to make it twenty thousand, for now. He stared at me. I told him Mom would be very interested to know that her god-daughter was screwing her husband. He wrote a check.

 

I called the lawyer, Gabe, and told him I needed to see him today. He arranged for me to come. I brought the agreement with me. I hadn’t looked at it because I was still angry. Gabe sat and read through the agreement.

 

“Do you have enough to pay Brian the amount you owe?” He asked after reading it.

 

“Why would I need to pay him back? I plan to let him see Gus. I just want Gus to live with me. I would even forgo a lawsuit altogether if he wanted us to live with him.” I know that if I get in the house I can make the changes we need.

 

“The only person you have to sue for custody would be Mel. Brian’s agreement would be over if you transfer the money to him.” Gabe tells me.

 

“How much would I need?” I ask him.

 

“One hundred and forty thousand is your half,” Gabe says this as if I could just get that amount.

 

“Where is that figure coming from? Is it the total amount that he paid?” I know Brian was generous.

 

“That is half of the money he sent as support. The rest is from the money you asked from him.” Gabe tells me.

 

“That can’t be right.” I know I have asked for money, but not that much.

 

“We can go over it, but Aaron gave you an itemized list with each amount and why it was requested. You can take home the original, but if you retain me I need a copy. You need to also remember that you will need to explain how the money was used and how it applied to Gus’s care. I also wouldn’t be suing Brian, just Melanie Marcus.” Gabe waits for me to respond.

 

I tell him to let me take this home and read it. I can’t believe it was that much. I ask Gabe what my chances were if I tried to sue Mel.

 

“The custody agreement you signed is still in effect. If you sue, Brian can challenge it and say he wants Gus to stay with Melanie. Gus will also be called to testify. Are you on good terms with him?” Gabe looks at me and I want to wince.

 

I told him I would like to schedule another appointment for next week. I need to see if I could get the money. Daddy might not care if I say anything with that amount. Before I walked out, I asked if the agreement was unethical. Gabe asked if we were coerced into signing. I said no, but we needed help to support the kids and Brian wouldn’t agree without a written agreement on custody. Gabe said that the agreement is standard, and when we signed we agreed to the stipulations.

 

I walked out and decided to go to the diner and talk to Deb.

 

DEBBIE’S POV

 

I was about to make more coffee when the bell rings and Daphne comes flying in. I haven’t seen her in a couple of months. Apparently becoming a doctor is hard work. She screeches and hugs me. She became like a daughter to me and Carl. We adopted her because she told us that Justin wasn’t going to be the only one with a second mother.

 

We were discussing how long she would be here. I told her about Mel and the kids. She said that she was going to see Justin next, but wanted to get the gossip. We were talking about her college classes. She is almost ready to begin her residency. I am so proud, I finally have a doctor in the family.

 

The bell rang again and I see Linds walk in. Daphne looks at her, it’s that look you give to someone you want to drop off a cliff. Linds sees Daphne and smiles. She walks over and tells Daphne they need to talk. I don’t know what she is up to now, but God help her if she thinks Daphne is going to help her. I excuse myself and go to call Brian.

 

“Hey Deb. What’s happening hot stuff.” Justin answers.

 

“Hey Baby, Linds just came in and is talking to Daphne,” I tell Justin.

 

Justin starts laughing hysterically and tells me to listen and tell him if Linds survives. I told him I’d call him back as soon as she leaves.

 

DAPHNE’S POV

 

I got into town and wanted to see Deb. My parents are okay, but they are always away on trips. I know that Carl and Deb have time for me. I can call either of them and they would show up for anything. I was overjoyed that everything was good in their lives and wanted to tell her about my fiance. Deb loves Mark, and Mark thinks that Deb is the best. Unfortunately, we were interrupted by uberbitch.

 

“Daphne, how have you been? I haven’t seen you in years,” Linds is sickeningly sweet.

 

“I was good, but you know, stupid makes me want to puke,” I tell her.

 

“Oh, is it the baby? I was like that too with Gus,” Linds asks. I’m confused.

 

“What are you talking about?” I mean, I know she is all kinds of crazy, but why does she think I’m pregnant?

 

“The baby you're carrying for Brian and Justin. I don’t know which one is the father. I was so excited when I heard that they wanted to have a child that I didn’t even ask.” Linds is smiling at me.

 

At this point, I want to kill my best friend. He told Linds I was the carrier? Then it dawns on me, Linds doesn’t know. I look at Deb who is behind Linds. She shakes her head no. This could be fun.

 

“Actually we mixed the sperm, but since it’s triplets, I might be having both. I haven’t gained much weight yet. I told Brian that he is going to have to rub my feet and carry me around when I get too big,” I love fucking with Linds.

 

“Triplets!” Linds screams.

 

“They didn’t tell you? Well, you know it could also be Ted’s. I asked Ted for a sample too. Emmett said he would, but me and Emmett having a child, it’s guaranteed to be high strung. I wanted Ben too, cause he’s hot, but well, HIV. Michael and I talked about it and he said that he wants to wait until Hunter is out of college. Blake said that if it’s Ted’s then he will be happy to just be the other father. I wanted to do it for Carl too, but Deb says they only want to be grandparents. I think after these three, I’ll offer to carry gay men’s children because they are always so grateful. Well, you know about that, don’t you? I mean Brian wanted to be included in Gus’s life, and you were so grateful that you wanted to make sure he pays through the nose for it. Justin should be grateful since you tried to ruin his relationship with Brian so you could get more super dick. Was Sam not enough? I mean I’ve met the old hairy bastard, and I’ve got to say, you went downhill with that one. Then again, you're getting up there in years and rich beats hot, don’t you think?” I watch as Linds turns red.

 

“Linds do you need a doctor, I’m almost one. Is it your heart? Are you worried about the age thing? I know a great plastic surgeon, you’ll look younger but your face will be doing that weird stretchy thing. I could also suggest you talk to a psychiatrist. They would tell you that talking to me about Justin and Brian will get you absolutely NOTHING,” I feel so much better now.

 

“Daphne, I was trying to talk to you about what will happen when you have this baby. Look at this agreement. Brian and Justin will cut you off from your baby or babies,” Linds really thinks I’m the carrier after all that.

 

I took the agreement and read the post-its. I only read to be nosey. I started laughing at how Brian made his word final. When I turned to the itemized list of support, I know my mouth dropped open. Brian has paid over two hundred thousand since Gus was born. I have to give it to Linds, she picked a good provider. I handed it back to her.

 

“Brian will make you sign one and you’ll be under his thumb until the child is 18. You should tell them that you want your baby and they can find someone else,” Linds certainly is working it.

 

“If someone wants to fork over that much money, I think I owe them my kid and my womb. I see what you're talking about; but unlike you, who wants to be under Brian, period, I love him as a friend would. I don’t want to be the perfect WASP wife to Brian like you do. Linds, has it occurred to you that without a dick Brian isn’t interested in you? Wait, I think I might know someone who does sex changes if you need that number. Even with a sex change though, you still wouldn’t be Justin. You don’t have the ass for it, but maybe they could do butt implants. Linds wait, where are you going? I haven’t finished yet,” I yell the last part as she gets up and hurries out the door.

 

“Was it something I said?” I ask the five guys and Deb, who had to put her head down.

 

“Daphne, I love you,” Deb starts laughing again.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

I got off the phone and went to find Brian. I tell him that Daphne is at the diner and Linds showed up. Brian barks a laugh and said Linds might just run to Antarctica after that conversation. Brian tells me that we just need to wait and see.

 

Deb calls and we fight to hear what happened. Deb was trying to tell us but she couldn’t stop laughing. Finally, Todd gets on the phone and tells us that Daphne is on her way here, and he is giggling too. Brian and I hang up. I always wondered if Todd ever left the backroom, but I guess he does. My best friend is home and I have so much to tell her. She needs to help me and Michael plan. Brian tells me not to make plans for this weekend. I asked why and he tells me that we are going to Vermont. I locked the door. We have at least an hour before Daphne arrives and I want to keep Brian smiling.

 

 

 

Chapter 11 by starlight
Author's Notes:

I separated this from the other chapter because Daphne deserved her own chapter.

BRIAN’S POV

 

I am going to say this and I don’t care what anybody thinks. I fucking love Daphne. I told her after she explained what happened, that I will gladly offer her super dick. She smiled and said ever so casually that Mark, her fiance, might not mind but she didn’t want to risk it. Justin screamed like a fangirl.

 

Justin tells Daphne about the garden and then casually mentions that at least he got the marriage out of the way. I think my hearing is impaired now. Gus came into the room and smiled. Gus loves Daphne, he said that she is cool for a girl. Daphne tells Gus she has presents for him and JR in the car. Gus takes off to get them. She always thinks of the kids. JR walks in and sits on Justin’s lap and smiles at Daphne. JR takes a minute to warm up to everyone. Gus came back and asked if they could open their presents and Daphne nodded. She got JR a princess outfit and Gus telescope. I waited to see Gus’s reaction.

 

“I love it Daph. I didn’t think you remembered.” Gus is smiling.

 

“I always remember everything you tell me. Your dad can set it up at the tennis court, with the lights out you can see all the planets and stars.” Gus hugs Daphne. JR has the tiara on and hugs her too.

 

Gus asked if we could do that. I told him we could do it in a little while. JR tells Gus she wants to play and he runs off with her. Gus has been interested in the solar system for a while. I’m glad that Daphne makes sure he knows she is there for him. Linds is always about his status at school and impressing everyone. Daphne just wants to make my kid happy.

 

Daphne asks how much Linds knows. We told her that she knows we are having a child, but that was it. Justin said that Linds assumed that we would ask Daphne. Daphne said she knew we wouldn’t. I asked why she thought that. Daphne looks at me and said that if Justin had a child that I wouldn’t be able to stay away from it. She said when I donated for Gus, I wasn’t planning on being a father and probably didn’t think that I would bond with him. I told her that I was surprised that I could love so completely. She went on to say, I planned a child this time and I would want to be there this time.

 

It worried me that Gus would feel left out. I love Gus and he is always going to hold my heart. I wanted to be a father to him. I gave my word that the girls could raise him and it killed me to lose him. When the requests for support came, I had no problem with it. I wanted to have rights and I made sure they couldn’t tell me 'no' anymore. Mel and I have talked about this and she agreed to stay. She said the only reason she would move is if she got into another relationship. She wants to share Gus.

 

Linds is another matter. Mel and I agreed that if Gus wants to see her, we aren’t going to stand in the way. I talked to Gus and told him that if she does anything he is not comfortable with, to tell us. He could also tell Justin if he needs a calmer person first. Justin and Gus talk to each other. I told Justin it was because he was on the same level as a nine-year-old. Justin looked up and said that was rad man.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

Daphne is a bitch. I hope the baby she is carrying turns into a shrew like her. Brian and Justin deserve it. I walked into the house and wanted to destroy everything. My mother was waiting. She wanted to know what I thought. I told her that Henry Michaels would be perfect since Dad is screwing Henry’s daughter. My mother looked at me and asked how I thought she knew everything Dad does. Henry’s daughter tells her. I was speechless. My mother then informs me that I need to give the money back. I told her sorry but I already spent most of it. She tells me to pack and she has a ticket back to Canada for me. I am no longer welcome.

 

I stand there and realize she’s serious. Think Linds, think. Walking to my mother I hug her and agree to pay her what I have left. I only spent seven thousand. Five on the lawyer and two on clothes and accessories. Mother says to give the rest back and that I have to agree to go out with the men I met at the party. She felt that one of them would be someone I can have a future with. I tell her that I will need more of the money to dress appropriately. She told me that the money will be returned and she will take me shopping.

 

I wanted to keep enough to pay Gabe, but she is blocking me. I smiled and agreed. I was told that we will no longer talk about my ugly past.

 

I will comply for now. I will go behind her back to deal with the situation. Once I am married to Brian, I can tell my mother to go fuck herself.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

I have to go to the gallery and drop off the paintings I promised Sydney. They are all sexual, but I made it so you have to really look at them to understand them. I called them Sexual Repression. I know Katie will love them. Sarah looked at them and told me she wants to buy them. Part of me owes Katie, for some of my best work. Brian told me the only thing I owe Katie is a slap on the ass as I send her home.

 

Daphne is going with me to the gallery. I told her Sam was going to be in the show. She smirked and said she can’t wait to see him. I started to laugh. Sam hit on her and she told him that she would rather screw a redneck Ku Klux Klan member. Sam still hits on her every chance he gets. We brought in the paintings and Sydney loved them. I asked about the other paintings and was told to look in the back. Sydney wanted to pair mine with Sam’s. I saw his work, and I hate to give him credit, but he is good. Unfortunately, he’s also an asshole.

 

We went to the diner to pick up Deb. She still walks home, but if either Brian or I are in town we take her home. Daphne walks in and all the queens clap and cheer. She takes a bow. I grab Deb and tell her we have to go. Daphne’s head is big enough.

 

 

Baby Day

 

JUSTIN CONT…

 

We haven’t heard from Linds, and I know everyone is relieved. Today we go to the ultrasound. I asked Brian if he wanted to know the sex. Brian said that he personally didn’t care, but it would be easier to plan. Brian, Gus, and I meet Amanda at the hospital. I ask Brian if she is supposed to be this big. Brian asked how the hell he should know. I think about it and realize I never paid attention to Mel, one day she was her normal size then she was watermelon sized.

 

After everything was ready we were called in. The tech was waving a wand and clicking and measuring. The tech told us the doctor would be in a minute and would explain what we were seeing. It looked like a pulsating blob. I was tilting my head back and forth trying to figure out what I was looking at. The doctor came in and turned on the heart monitor. It was seemed really loud. He smiled.

 

“Did you want to know the sex of the babies?” He asks.

 

“Sure, we wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl,” I tell him. I couldn’t stop paying attention to the sound of our child’s heartbeat.

 

“The baby on the right is a boy and this one on the left looks like a girl.” He tells us.

 

“I wanted to know if it’s a boy OR a girl,” I tell him and then it hits me.

 

“Jus, it’s both,” Gus tells me.

 

“Well, you were always an overachiever.” Brian the smartass tells me.

 

I sat there in a daze. The doctor explained that they implant two to three fertilized eggs to try to ensure pregnancy. Since it was a boy and girl that means two eggs took. We thanked him and I wanted all the pictures I could get. The doctor handed me like ten. I also got a video. It wasn’t till we were on our way to drop off Gus that I said out loud “I’m going to be Dad to twins. We are never going to sleep again.”

 

Brian reminded me that I wasn’t going to sleep this weekend either.

 

DAPHNE’S POV

 

I am staying until next week, so I can visit and be at Justin’s next show. Mel and I were waiting to see how the doctor’s visit went. Justin, Gus, and Brian walked in. Justin whispered to Gus and he walked up and handed me the ultrasound. I was looking at it. I saw two babies. Mel looked and I could tell she didn’t see it. Gus smiled and said that those were his brother and sister. Gus called everyone and got to be the one to tell. Justin and Brian wanted him to know that he was a part of it.

 

Michael and Ben came over, to congratulate them and because I asked them to. I wanted to take Mel out bar hopping tonight. I told her that she needed to have a ladies night. I invited Jen and Deb too. I want to get her out of a house full of men.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

I had to ask Gus to repeat himself when he said, twins. Ben laughed and said two Justins were going to wreak havoc on Brian. I think it will be fun. I promised to help and so will everyone else. Daphne asked to talk to me. She wants to have a girls night for Mel and asked if Ben and I could babysit. We agreed. We swam, watched movies, and put the kids to bed. I was waiting for the girls to return.

 

Carl called and asked if Ben could come to pick up the girls. I asked if everything was alright. Carl said that they weren’t arrested but not a one was going to be able to drive. Ben went to get them and I called Emmett to see if he could find out what they did.

 

EMMETT’S POV

 

I always thought that guys are wild, I was wrong. Daphne brought the girls to Babylon, it’s Ladies Night. Apparently, Mel decided after 2 or 15 drinks she would try pole dancing. Deb whistled and cheered her on. Then Daphne, who had an uncountable number of drinks, joined her but decided to dance to Justin’s song. Jen was dragged on stage and let me just say, Justin learned from his mother. A video was recorded of the whole night and posted on youtube. I was told by one of the bartenders to look at it if I had any questions.

 

Everything was fine until some bull dyke tried to get their hands on Jen. Mel told the chick that if anyone was going to have Mother Taylor it would be her, and proceeded to swallow Jen. Deb runs over and it was a brawl. Security got the girls into the office, waiting for pick up. I sent the youtube link to everyone.

 

I sat with the girls, Mel was out for the count. Daphne was giggling like a mad woman. Deb was telling Jen she was impressed. Jen said that she was willing to try anything, but will stick with Tucker. Justin texted me “What the hell?”

 

I texted back, “Girl’s night”.

 

Michael texted, “Was that Jen and Mel kissing? OMG”

 

Brian texted, “Tell Jen that I now know where all of Justin’s skills came from”.

 

Ted texted, “You know, I am not into women, but I have to say that was kind of hot”.

 

Sarah texted “Why wasn’t I invited? Tell Daphne I am hurt, and tell Mel to give me a call. Go, Jen!”

 

My work is done. I wait for it and all the girls’ phones go off. Yay me.

 

End Notes:

I will probably post really late tomorrow. Back to long work days for the next couple days.

Chapter 12 by starlight
Author's Notes:

The muse is working overtime with me,

MEL’S POV

 

I woke up with the mother of all hangovers. I had this dream that I was all over Jen. I don’t even remember how I got home. I turn over to see Daphne in bed with me. I check under the sheet. We are both in the clothes we left in.

 

I look at my phone to check the time and see about eight text messages. Why are the guys texting me? I open the first one, it’s from Justin, asking why I was sucking face with his mother. It was just a dream, right? Brian texted that I must love blond WASP pussy. Oh hell, I didn’t dream it. Ted tells me that I gave him a woody. I don’t know if I can continue, but I do. Michael texted, “You astound and amaze”. Emmett sent a link to YouTube. Oh shit, what were we thinking? I lay there and snort then just full belly laugh.

 

I saw one more message, from Justin’s agent Sarah. She texted to tell Daphne that Daphne is in the dog house and when I was ready, to call her. Ready for what?

 

DAPHNE’S POV

 

Wow, I had no idea the girls were that crazy. Justin told me about the King of Babylon. Drunk, it sounded like a great idea. Sober, it was fabulous. Brian is going to need to have a dyke night at the club every time I come, so us girls can do it again.

 

Mel shifts a little and I turn to see her looking at her messages. Then she is snorting and laughing. She tells me to read and tell her what I think of the last message. All the guys know, how do they know? I get to Emmett’s text, and we made YouTube. I’ll look later. Sarah is pissed at me, I would have invited her, but she lives in New York. I read the rest of the message. Why is Mel confused?

 

“Sarah wants to hook up with you. What was so hard to understand about that message?” I ask Mel.

 

“Is she gay? I’ve never really met her.” Mel starts to get excited.

 

“Yeah, she used to be like Brian. You know, the 'I don’t do relationships' type. She said that she is ready to try one. Guess you are the lucky gal.” I’m excited for Mel.

 

We lay there and bask in the glow for a couple of minutes. Mel asked how we got home and in bed. I told her that I walked in, and Ben carried her over his shoulder. I had him put her with me in case she got sick. Mel sat for a minute and turned and hugged me. She thanked me and said I reminded her that she is still capable of having fun.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin was in shock. His mother was dancing on a stage. What in the world would make his mother dance on Babylon’s stage? He was pacing and going on and on about killing Daphne. I figured I would save Daphne’s life. I started to undress. Justin couldn’t grasp that his mother could do something fun. He was mid-rant and I was naked. Justin turned to say something else but just like I planned, he forgot what he was talking about. Six hours and four times later, he was asleep.

 

My plan was to tour around and see the sites. Justin’s was to not leave the hotel. He argued that when the children get here we won’t always have time for sex. I told him, it’s called a nanny. Justin wanted to say we didn’t need one. I asked if he planned to paint any longer. He conceded the point but only during work hours. I‘m fine with that. I don’t want someone in the house all the time.

 

I asked if he had any names picked out yet. Justin names things in this family. Justin said he would name the boy but I had to name the girl. He told me the name he wanted. I was really happy with it. I told him when I think of the full name I would tell him.

 

I was trying not to think of Linds. Justin told me that Sam’s paintings were paired with his for the Charity Auction. I don’t like Sam, it insults me that he breathes oxygen. I agree that his work is noteworthy. Justin told me that Linds would probably be on the guest list and if I wanted to stay home it was fine. I told him “Where you go, I go.”

 

I kept trying to figure out what bothered me about the whole situation with Linds thinking Daphne was the mother. It finally came to me. Amanda is showing. Daphne is as skinny as always and the outfit she was wearing showed it. Linds will eventually realize it couldn’t be Daphne. We are lucky that Amanda isn’t a friend and we don’t see her socially. I will not have her near Amanda. Twins are not easy to carry, and she is going to be getting bigger. I don’t think Linds would physically hurt her. Just try to harass the hell out of her. I’ll worry later, my princess is waking up.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I called Paul and accepted a date. My mother was thrilled. Paul is my age and reminds me of a taller Ted. I decided to pick the one that seemed the most desperate.

 

I called all the local doctor’s offices to see if they had Daphne as a patient. After the first call, I pretended I was Daphne and forgot my next appointment. She isn’t registered in the area. She seemed like she wasn’t showing but maybe she is just one of those women who never really look pregnant till the end. What if she isn’t the carrier? I need to find out.

 

I was sorting thru the mail and saw Sydney Bloom sent an invitation to an opening. I opened and here is my chance. I can get Brian alone. I know the gallery like the back of my hand. I guess Paul is going to the charity event with me. I took the invitation and put it in my room. My mother doesn’t need to be there.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

We are on our way back, Brian called Michael to see if anything other than ‘Girls Gone Wild’ happened while we were away. Michael told Brian the flowers are all in and it actually looked good. I want to call my mom, but I can’t get over the video. I'll wait till the opening for that.

 

We pulled up in the drive and there is Katie. I wanted to make sure she liked it before the party. She came up and told me that she loved the new landscape but we should still work on the trees, saying they take away from the flowers. I told her that I wanted to have all of it arranged out here like this to paint. She tried to point out the trees just looked wrong with the beauty of the middle. She then said that she would love to know what all I planted. I told her to wait for her invitation to the garden party next week. She smiled and told me she looked forward to it.

 

Gus was running out to meet us. This was his last day before going back to school. We kept him caught up with school. The school was understanding that this was a fast move and Gus needed to adjust. It also helped that Gus scored high on the school’s standards. Mel and Daphne apparently toned it down after 'party night' and took the kids to do things around Pittsburgh the whole weekend.

 

I went to look for my little friend. We need to talk about my mother.

 

TED’S POV

 

Have you ever had a headache that was attached to a blonde bitch? I have, and you know how I spell relief. It’s called security at the front door of Kinnetik. I got to the office at my usual time and found Linds waiting. She told me she has rights and we are abusing them. She wanted answers.

 

Apparently, after the girl’s night out, some of Linds’s old friends called her yesterday. They wanted to know what happened between Mel and her. Someone showed Linds the video, and there was Daphne drinking up a storm and then she was stripping off her shirt. Linds asked who was carrying the kid for Brian and Justin. I told her it was none of her business. She started screeching and screaming that everything Brian does is her business.

 

Tom, the guard, came to see who was wailing. I told him that she needed to be removed. Tom directed Linds to leave. Linds told him that a rent a cop doesn’t scare her. Tom said, “Would the real cops?” Linds looked to me and said, “This isn’t over.” I told her that we will get a restraining order and have it delivered to her parents. Linds stomped off. Thank you, God.

 

Cynthia was at her desk, I asked if Linds was here this morning when she came in. Cynthia smiled and said yes. I guess Linds is still scared of Cynthia.

 

I need to figure out what these women do to scare off the crazy woman. I mean, Brian freezes people. Justin likes to get revenge. Michael, who we love, can whine someone to death. Ben pretends they are sane. Emmett talks them to death. Blake tries to reason with them to the point they give up, and I get abused until I can escape the madness. I could always tell Linds that I’ll tell Mommy on her.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Ted told me the cat is out of the bag on Amanda. Linds knows it isn’t Daphne. She was trying to find out who it was. I wonder what she thinks is going to happen. I called Aaron and told him about Linds. He said not to worry about it. I told him worrying keeps me two steps ahead.

 

I was waiting for the neighbor to leave. Justin might kick her in the ass. I don’t get it, we aren’t across the street from each other. Yet this woman is here all the time. I see the husband but he just waves. Maybe we keep him from killing her. There she goes down the drive. She is smiling. What is Justin up to now?

 

Gus runs out, he wants to show me how Daphne showed him to dive. Daphne is teaching everyone new tricks. I told him to go get ready and I would meet him at the pool. JR asked if she could swim too. I look at her and think I need to get used to girls. I know the donor was blonde and blue-eyed. She is taller than Justin, but only by a couple of inches. I wanted the children to look like him. I look at JR and tell her to get her suit. Michael and Mel produced a beautiful child. I told Michael that we might have to get matching shotguns for when JR gets older.

 

MICHAEL’S POV

 

I was in the backroom when Linds came in. She is all sweet and tells me that no matter what Mel says, that she never meant for them to leave. I wonder if she thinks anyone believes her anymore. She talks about how we were always friends and that we both had feelings for Brian. What the hell is this, share old feelings day?

 

I finally ask what she wants. She wanted to know who the surrogate is. I told her to hold on a second. I called Justin and told him I have a new character for Rage, Icebitch. He asked if I needed anybody but I told him no. I hung up the phone and turned to Linds. I don’t know how I feel about her anymore. I wouldn’t want her hurt, but beyond that, the Linds I used to know doesn’t exist in this woman in front of me.

 

I asked Linds why she needs to know. She stopped talking, thank God. We stared at each other and Linds turned to walk out the door. It was sad to see our friendship turn into this. Good old Linds, she had to have a parting shot.

 

“You know Michael, I was right, you don’t have the equipment to have had Brian.” She sneers at me.

 

“I didn’t need it Linds. I have it for Ben, the man who loves me, warts and all. You don’t have it with anyone. Who is the one in the worse situation?” I told her softly.

 

Chapter 13 by starlight

 

 

 

DEBBIE POV

 

I just sat back, because all my boys are happy. When Mel returned, I wanted to get involved, but Michael asked me not to. I respected him and was just going to be happy my grandchildren were here. But the gloves are coming off.

 

Linds doesn’t get to come into my diner and bring her problems here. I was sitting with Mel, JR, and Gus, having lunch. Gus started school and wanted to eat here today. Mel wanted to take the kids out for a mommy day. We were talking about the other night and making plans for dinner at my house tomorrow. We wanted to have a small celebration dinner for Brian and Justin. Jen was on her way to join us.

 

Linds comes in the door and heads straight for us.

 

“Lambskin, do you miss Mommy? I missed you, no one allowed me to see you. Come here and give me a hug.” Linds says, ignoring everyone else at the table.

 

“Hi, Mom.” Gus doesn’t get up just side hugs her.

 

“Did your dad tell you that I wanted you to visit me at your grandparents' house? Wouldn’t that be fun?” Linds asks Gus, speaking to him like there is no one else there.

 

“I don’t know the grandparents, Mom. I would rather stay with Dad and Mama right now. If you want to meet here to see JR and me, that would be okay.” Gus tells her.

 

“I want to be able to talk to you without so much noise Gus. We haven’t been allowed to see each other.” Linds is persistent.

 

Gus looks around and there is one other person here right now, and the only noise is his mother. I look at Mel. She is playing with JR and ignoring her former partner.

 

“Mom, I’m back in school near where Dad lives and I go early in the morning. The only time that we could see each other is around now. You could meet me here or at Uncle Michael’s shop.” Gus tells her.

 

Linds is starting to turn red and I can tell that she is going to say something. I will not allow her to put Gus through anymore. Mel looks and shakes her head at me.

 

MEL’S POV

 

I sit here listening to Linds trying to convince Gus that not only should he go to his grandparents' house, but that Brian and I do not allow her to see him. She hasn’t even asked to see him. The only attempt to see Gus was when the police came to the house. I promised myself that the kids could see her if they wanted to.

 

“Mom, we can go sit at the booth in the corner if you want to talk.” Gus is trying.

 

“Are they telling you not to spend time with me?” Linds asks Gus.

 

“No. Dad and Mama told me if I wanted to see you they would make it possible. I just haven’t wanted to see you.” Gus looks straight at his mother.

 

Linds turns to me and I can see that she wants to hurt everyone at the table. I am about to get Deb to get the kids out of the line of fire. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Jen standing there.

 

“Sorry to be late. I sold a house and had some paperwork to fill out.” Jen tells everyone.

 

Jen asks Linds to move over a little and asks Deb and Gus to slide over. She seats herself, so Gus isn’t at the end next to Linds. Jen asks Gus about school and tells JR she has something for her. Then tells Deb that she found a knickknack for her at a market. She turns to look at Linds.

 

“Linds, sorry about ignoring you, how are you today?” Jen says politely.

 

“I was trying to spend some time with my son. It seems that he doesn’t want to spend any time with me.” Linds tells Jen.

 

“Gus, is that true?” Jen turns to Gus.

 

“No Nana. I told her I would talk to her in the booth over in the corner.” Gus doesn’t look at Linds but at Jen.

 

“Linds, why not sit with Gus and talk to him?” Jen asks her.

 

Linds doesn’t respond to Jen, she just walks over to the booth and sits. Gus goes over there to sit with her.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I can’t believe Gus refused to go with me. I know my mother wouldn’t be happy that he came to live with us. I need to get Gus to agree to come with me.

 

I asked how school was going. Gus said, 'it’s school'. I told him that no matter what anybody said, I never wanted him to live away from me. Gus shrugged. I was getting angry at the way he isn’t talking.


“Gus, you know when your Dad has his new child, that he isn’t going to be able to give you as much attention. He will need to spend time with the baby. I want you to know that I will be there for you. I’m not saying your Dad doesn’t love you, it’s just that babies need a lot of attention.” I don’t want to say anything that will come off as Brian not wanting him.

 

“You mean like you and Mama when JR was born? Dad and I talked about it Mom, he told me that other than eating, sleeping, and using the bathroom, babies don’t do much. Mama said Dad and Jus might be a little sleep deprived, but everyone wants to help.” Gus tells me.

 

“Do you know when the baby is due? Have you met the woman who is having it?” I was hoping to get him to tell me some information.

 

“I think Jus said five months more or less. I wasn’t paying attention.” Gus tells me.

 

I was hoping that he knew a little more. I was about to ask him more questions when Deb came and asked if we needed anything. Gus looked at me and said that he wanted to go to eat his lunch. He scooted out and went back to the other table.

 

I had been coming by the diner to see if Brian or Justin were here. I looked and saw Mel and the kids. I wanted to try to convince Gus to come with me. Gus doesn’t seem to want to. When he walked off to sit with Mel and Jen, I wanted to go over and tell him that he was coming with me whether he wanted to or not.

 

Jen got up and walked over to me.

 

“Linds, if you want to join us you can. I can change sides and you can sit with your children. No one would want to deny you the right to see your children.” Jen is like my mother. She can talk down to you without seeming to.

 

“I wouldn’t want to ruin your perfect happy family moment. How does it feel to be old enough to be a grandmother?” I said, in the same tone Jen did.

 

“It feels wonderful. I thought I would have to wait for Molly to have a child to be one. Between Gus, JR, and the new one, I told Molly to take her time and have fun.” Jen tells me.

 

“Well if you aren’t going to join us, I’d better get back. I’ll have to let Nancy know I saw you here. Tell her I said Hi.” Jen says as she walks back to the booth.

 

I get up and go. I hope that she doesn’t say anything to my mother. Mother wouldn’t be happy about me coming here. I told Mother that I was going to see Sydney about a job, not trying to find Brian. I called Sydney and was told that he filled my vacancy and didn’t have anything available. Sydney wasn’t thrilled with the way I left after Sam.

 

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Justin and Daphne were going by the gallery and then meeting me for lunch today. They wanted to go to the diner. Daphne wanted to see Deb. I told them I would meet them. I was walking toward it when I spotted Linds coming out. She was looking for something in her purse and didn’t see me at first.

 

I looked at her, this woman who used to be a caring mother and my friend. I don’t see it anymore. Linds is dressing and acting like her mother. I never understood that about her. She would be in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, hair in a sloppy bun and would be happy. Now she looks brittle, cold, and unfeeling.

 

She sees me and walks towards me. I see Justin and Daphne pulling up. Justin walks over and kisses me. Linds looks pointedly at Justin and asks if she can talk to me alone. Justin looks at me, I nod. He drags Daphne behind him. Daphne wants to say something, but Justin tells her no.

 

“What do you want Linds?” I ask her.

 

“I want Gus to be allowed to visit with me.” She tells me.

 

“Gus can see you anytime he wants to. He knows we will make it possible. If that’s all, I’m having lunch now.” I keep my conversation with her relevant, no friendly banter.

 

“I think we need to talk about this situation. Brian, I was upset that you didn’t come to me and ask me to have a child with you. It would have been good that Gus had a sibling fully related to him. We could have all lived together if you wanted to play a larger part in the kids' lives.” Linds tells me.

 

“Linds, I wanted a child with Justin, not with you and Justin. We decided that we wanted to be full-time parents without having extra people involved. The surrogate isn’t the mother, just a place to grow the baby. I’m telling you so you will stop bothering everyone else. One other thing. Justin would most likely burn down the house I bought for him if you moved in.” I tell her, and leave her on the sidewalk.

 

Justin and Daphne are on the side of the building listening and trying not to make noise. I open the door to let them in. Linds looks at Justin.

 

“You know, I was the one who helped you become an artist. You wouldn’t be where you are without me. You really need to fire Sarah, and I can help you find a better agent.” Linds tells Justin.

 

“Linds, I was an artist before I met you. I would have been an artist without meeting you. I thank you for all your encouragement, but I can’t give you any credit beyond that. As for Sarah, she is one of the top agents in the world. Who do you know that could top that? Do you know any agents?” Justin asks her and walks away.

I follow them in and wonder how Justin held back. He is normally snarky when people piss him off. He was almost nice. I asked him about it when I sat down. Justin tells me that Linds tried the same thing on Michael and told me what Michael said to Linds. Justin said that nothing we say matters to her anymore.


Gus and JR mob us. Daphne tells Justin that she found this farmer who can make fruit grow in the shape of a penis on trees. I looked at Daphne and told her no more. I have no problem with the sex garden, but nothing that we might end up on the news over.

Chapter 14 by starlight
Author's Notes:

Nancy is helping and doesn't even know it.

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I was getting ready for my date with Paul, I should have picked someone better looking. I mean, Paul is rich and successful and he has the pedigree my mother wanted, but he is going to blend into the background. I want people to notice me and talk about me. I want Brian to get jealous. I also want to make sure I keep attention on me.

 

My mother came in to give last minute instructions on my behavior tonight. She is going to dinner at a friend’s house tonight. I listen to her tell me to not speak of my former life. It was fine to say that I was a teacher and an aspiring artist. It is not fine to mention Gus or Mel. I may acknowledge I know Brian, but to put it in a business setting, not in an intimate setting. She is going on and on. I told her I know what to do. Mother tells me that if I screw this up, she is done.

 

Paul and I were going to dinner first and the gallery afterward. We ate and he told me he was excited to see the art that was going to be shown. I asked if he was a collector. He told me until he saw a new artist a few years ago, he just liked to look, but now he tries to get any pieces available. This wasn’t so bad, I told him that I liked Sam Auerbach paintings and had worked in the Bloom Gallery and got Sam to show there. Paul said Auerbach was okay but lately his paintings were less impressive to him. I asked him who he collects and he told me, Justin Taylor. I had to stay calm.

 

I told him I was the first person to encourage Justin to become an artist. That I know he is the hot artist right now, but Justin became less friendly when he became famous. Paul told me he didn’t buy because of the artist, but the art. Maybe I can introduce him to Justin and get Paul to occupy him.

 

We got to the gallery, everyone was there. I saw Brian and Justin standing next to Sydney and that bitch, Sarah. I wanted to avoid Sarah. Paul walked me around and greeted people he knew. I saw Mel and Sarah walking together, I decided that it was time to get to Justin. We walked up behind him.

 

“Justin, how are you tonight. I wanted to introduce you to Paul.” I tell Justin. Justin turns and looks at me, then at Paul.

 

“Nice to meet you, Paul. I hope you are enjoying your evening.” Justin ignores me and talks only to Paul.

 

“I was telling Lindsay that I collect your work and she mentioned that she helped you get your start,” Paul tells Justin. I walk off to find Brian.

 

SARAH’S POV

 

If Linds thinks no one noticed her, she needs to get help. I was taking Mel around with me, I wanted to get to know her. I can tell Mel is still getting used to being single. Daphne told me to go slow and give Mel time. I plan to give her all the time she wants. When I saw her walk in, I wanted to grab her and walk back out. She is hot as hell. I almost want to thank Linds for fucking up.

 

I watch Linds maneuver her date to Justin. Poor Paul, he must have been desperate to go out with Linds. I walk over to Brian and tilt my head to let him know he has incoming. Brian shrugged and continued to stand at the bar. I left Mel with Michael when I saw Linds. I went to see what Justin was doing. Paul wanted to commission Justin to paint a mural in his office building. Justin steered him to me to make the arrangements.

 

IceBitch has landed. Brian is looking at Justin and ignoring Linds.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Sarah gave me a heads up, but I knew Linds would be here. I told Justin I would handle her.

 

“Brian, I need to speak to you about Gus. I was hoping we could talk in private.” Linds says, thinking that she can convince me to side with her.

 

“Sure. Let's go to Sydney’s office.” I walk towards Sydney’s office. Aaron is here and followed behind us.

 

Aaron told me he would stay outside the office but to keep the door open.

 

“Okay Linds, you have five minutes, make them count,” I tell her.

 

“Brian, we need to talk about how we are going to raise Gus. I was disappointed that you wanted to have more children and you didn’t even tell me about it. We could have had the same arrangement as before with the new baby. I was even willing to move here and have us live as a family. I can’t believe that you didn’t consider how this would affect Gus. I’m sure he is telling you he is fine with the situation, but what else would he say to you. I know it’s too late now that the child is on the way, but I would be happy to help you raise the child.” Linds is smiling. She must think she is doing me a favor.

 

“I don’t understand why you needed to know anything Linds. Gus and Justin talked before we went ahead with the plan, and all Gus asked was if we could have a boy. I also think that if you wanted to talk about Gus, Mel should be here, since she is his mother too. You need to understand something Linds. I, in no way, want you to be a part of this baby’s life. Justin doesn’t want you involved either. You will not now, or ever, live with me. I will make it so you can spend time with your children, Gus and JR if they want to see you. Now I need to get back.” I tell her.

 

“Brian, you will not walk away from me. You need to see that Gus would benefit from having us together as a family. Think of your son.” Linds used to be able to make me back down and thinks she still can.

 

“Why would we now need to change the way you wanted Gus raised? You know, when you wanted me to sign over my child to be raised by you and Mel. The only difference I can see is that you fucked up your relationship with Mel and now want me to take up the role of husband. I would think you, of all people, would know that your pussy is as attractive to me as roadkill. If you want to be hetero, then marry your date. The only person who will live in my house and be in my bed is Justin. Is that clear?” I walk out. She is calling me. I go to Justin.

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

Linds left me with Paul, and he is a nice guy. I talked to him and asked him what he liked about my art. Paul didn’t fanboy on me. He told me he likes that he can feel the emotion in the painting. He told me that he wanted to commission a mural for his building. I take him to Sarah and tell him to talk to her.

 

I know Linds did this to get to Brian. But hey, I just made probably two hundred thousand from her date. I was walking to find Daphne, she's been with Deb all evening. I see Sam trying to corner her, I walked over to say hi and rescue my best friend.

 

“Daph, where have you been?” I say, and I see her smirk.

 

“I have been fending off the hairy perv here,” Daphne tells me.

 

“Daphne, I am hurt. I only wanted to show you my sketches. I wanted to do a series of nudes of you.” Sam is skeevy.

 

Sam, I would rather walk nude through a college frat house on keg night.” She smiles at him.

 

Daphne looks behind Sam and sees Linds, who has met up with her date.

 

“You know what Sam, I think you should walk around with Justin and I. I mean reporters will want to talk to you both. We could save them time.” Daphne hooks her arm through mine and Sam’s.

 

She is dragging us towards Linds.

 

“Linds, look who I found. Sam, you remember Linds don’t you?” Daphne asks Sam.

 

Sam is looking at Linds, it’s the look that people get when they know you but can’t place you. Sam is really crude when he talks and I think that’s what Daphne is counting on.

 

“Didn’t you work here Linds?” Sam asks. Linds nods at him. I can tell she is upset from her conversation with Brian.

 

“I remember now. You were married to that chick. You still with her? I mean I figured after I fucked you that you probably would have gotten over the whole dyke thing. I didn’t get you pregnant did I? I don’t need any more children." Sam is awesome.

 

“Hey, if I remember correctly, she was decent in bed, but I could be talking about the other girl I was screwing at the time,” Sam tells Paul.

 

Linds is turning red and walks away. I tell Paul I’m sorry about Sam, he tends to talk without a filter. Paul tells me not to worry, he only agreed to the date as a favor to her father. Paul tells me that he will be in contact, and asks if Daphne is single. I tell him, no, but she would be flattered. I want to leave a good impression too.

 

I see Daphne being nice to Sam for a change. She hugs him and tells him if she ever lowers her standards, she’ll call him.

 

LINDSAY’S POV

 

I wait for Paul on the other side of the gallery. He finally walks over and tells me that he is ready to go. In the car, I tell him Sam was kidding, he just doesn’t think before he talks. Paul tells me that it was fine. I need to keep Paul around to keep my mother off my back. When we pull up to the house, I ask if he wants to come in. He told me that he needed to go. I told him to call me, we could do something he would like. He told me that he was busy, but if he found some time he would let me know.

 

I walked into the house and straight to my room. I pick up a vase and throw it at the wall. Nothing was safe in the room. I want to destroy everything. I started to rip the chairs apart and destroyed all the mirrors. Fuck them all, they think they can ignore me. Brian needs to understand that he is mine. I will no longer stand back and let everyone keep him from me.

 

My mother came into my room and I picked up shoes, a lamp, anything that I could throw at her. I tell her I'm tired of people denying me what I want. I walk into the hall and start destroying everything I see. My father and the butler grab me and hold me down.

 

NANCY’S POV

 

Ron and I got back from the party and hear Linds yelling and throwing things. Allen, our butler, told us it started as soon as Linds came in the door. I told Allen to call Jake, our family doctor, and tell him to get here. Allen was to explain that Linds is erratic and we need her calmed down. Linds was tossing her room and started coming after me. I told Ron and Allen to hold her till Jake arrives. Linds was thrashing and screaming at us. She told me that if I didn’t help her with Brian, I would be sorry. Jake arrived and while Ron and Allen held her down, we had him sedate her.

 

Jake suggested we check her into the hospital after seeing her and looking at what she did. I told Jake to take her but keep it quiet. A few days in the hospital under Jake’s care will make her understand that she is going to toe the line in this family.

 

We wait for the orderlies to come and help Jake take her. I told Ron after Linds left that we need to decide how to handle her. Ron told me to do whatever I wanted. I waited until he left. Jake came back and I told him Linds needs to be kept in the hospital until we cure her rebellious streak. I want a compliant daughter returned to me.

 

Chapter 15 by starlight
Author's Notes:

The garden party is on. There will be at least one more chapter if not a couple more.

BRIAN’S POV

 

I received a call from Nancy Peterson. She wanted to speak to me and Mel about Linds. We agreed to meet at Kinnetik. I refuse to have Nancy in my house. I don’t want Gus to meet the uptight old bitch. Justin wanted to come, but I told him to go play in his garden. When Justin gets revenge it’s expensive.

 

Mel and I had noticed a lack of Linds in the last week. Aaron asked to be in the meeting, he was concerned that Nancy was trying to help Linds. Nancy is standing in reception, Cynthia walks her to the room and closes the door. I guess the wait is over.

 

“Brian, Mel. I’ll get right to the point. Lindsay had a breakdown last week and we had her admitted to a care facility. After talking to the doctors, they feel that Lindsay needs to have peace and no stress. I wanted to talk to you about Gus. Until such time that we feel Lindsay is able to make her own decisions, it would be best for the boy to be kept away. I will contact both of you and keep you updated, but I feel any visits from you or your friends could be detrimental to her treatment.” Nancy tells us.

 

“With Lindsay in the care of a psychiatrist, will you be her Power of Attorney, or has she appointed someone?” Aaron asks.

 

“I have her Power of Attorney,” Nancy tells Aaron.

 

“We have to consider Gus at this time. If Linds wants to see him, she still has the right, through you, to have contact,” Mel adds.

 

“I am willing to relinquish her rights until she can speak for herself,” Nancy tells us.

 

Aaron tells Nancy he will contact her attorney with the paperwork. I wait for Nancy and Aaron to leave and ask Mel what she thinks is really going on. Mel said Linds played right into her mother’s hands. Nancy is about control in her house, and Linds forgot it. Mel gets up to leave and tells me she’ll see me at home.

 

Linds has always been manipulative and she learned at her mother’s knee. I worry about Gus, he lost his mother. If you ask him he would say that they lost her before Canada. Mel and I will have to make up for it. I don’t think that Linds will give up Gus completely.

 

I make my way to the house of revenge. Michael and Justin have been busy trying to get everything ready.

 

THE GARDEN PARTY

 

Justin and Michael were excited. Jen willingly lent her help. When Katherine told Jen that Justin needed to mature more to become a better artist, Jen told the boys to invite everyone.

 

Emmett worked on the catering to give it the right flair. There were tea cakes, each decorated with the new flowers on the top. The sandwiches were wraps with cucumber dressing dripping out of the end and two falafel balls on top of alfalfa to the side of each wrap. For cocktails, he served Between the Sheets, Full Monty, or Climax. Brian took the kids to Carl, to keep them out of the line of fire. Cal trimmed all the plants so everything was perfect.

 

Jen asked to see Hunter. Hunter was confused at first, but Jen cleared up everything for him. Ted was in charge of the music. Jen wanted to set the tone as a Victorian Garden party.

 

The Erupting Orgasm Plant erupted nicely. Sarah paid well to make sure that it did. They called the Gardeners Association to attend. Everything was ready for Katherine to arrive.

 

Brian told everyone he was attending only because this cost a fortune to do. Justin told Brian this was to entertain and educate everyone. Brian looked at the diva and said it would have been cheaper to hire the dancers at Babylon to strip on the lawn. Justin reminded Brian that he had only said not to get killed, or end up on the news.

 

Jen greeted each guest, announcing that after lunch, she would like to tour the newly planted garden. Katherine was told she was the guest of honor because without her advice the garden wouldn’t have existed. Katherine stood and told everyone she was very pleased that the neighbors would honor her.

 

As lunch was served, Debbie commented that the wrap looked like a big dong. Katherine commented on it being very delicious. Katherine was asked what she would like to drink. That they were serving Between the Sheets, Full Monty, or a Climax. Katherine asked for water. Deb yelled that a Climax would make her day.

 

Jen began the tour with the Pussy Willow trees and told everyone it was in full bloom. The branches of the Pussy Willow could be used for decoration in a vase, centered in any room. Hunter commented that Pussy in every room would be nice. Katherine looked at Hunter disapprovingly. Hunter said that he meant Pussy Willows.

 

Jen led everyone to the center and pointed out the Clitoria and to notice the flowers were gorgeous blooms of Purple. Hunter said that is a lot of Clit-or-ia in a bed. Katherine told Hunter it was pronounced Clitoria. Hunter told her that’s what he said.

 

They walked to the area where the Peony Daisies and the Wang Peonies were and Jen explained that ants were needed to open each bud so that they could flower. Hunter looked at the flowers and said that he couldn’t image ants on his Penis to get it to open. Katherine was blushing. Hunter turned to her and said that Peonies seem to need stimulation to bloom. Jen told Hunter lots was needed to get maximum bloomage.

 

Jen pointed out the interior surrounding the Fuchsia Eruption flower, the shrubs surrounding it were Dropping Ball shrubs and Amaranthus. Justin interrupted Hunter and said that to his artistic eye they looked really erotic together. Katherine turned a brighter shade of red. The Gardener’s Association members commented that the proper name for the Amaranthus was Amaranthus Dick. Justin thank them. Hunter not to be outdone said so, in essence, it’s like the trees cock and balls. Michael hugged Hunter.

 

Jen directed everyone to look at the Fuchsia Eruption. She told Katherine that Cal wanted to make sure that we could enjoy the splendor of seeing the flower. Deb added that it looked to have exploded so everyone could see the beauty of it. Katherine agreed, feeling she was back on safe ground. Hunter asked the Gardener’s Association members what was the common name. One of the members wanted to tell everyone first and shouted Erupting Orgasm. Deb asked if that was why the stem reminds her of a big penis. The member said that’s why it’s called ERUPTING ORGASM. Katherine trying to not make a scene said it was a very beautiful garden but we should stick to the genus name because people might get the wrong idea.

 

Hunter looked at her and said “What, a garden with more cock and pussy than the people in the yard?” Justin, trying to act offended turned to Hunter and said the garden was planned to precision, for beauty and style, like Katherine pointed out. Justin turned to Katherine and said that each plant was put in the garden for Katherine’s sake. He turned to Hunter and said to apologize for such crude language.

 

Hunter turned to Katherine and told her he was sorry. Hunter then turned to Justin and said it’s not his fault that everything in the garden was sexually motivated. Hunter suggested they call it the Garden of Sexual Delights. Jen suggested that they call it Katie’s Delights and Desires.

 

Katherine politely told Jen thank you for the invitation and walked away towards her home down the road. Justin and Michael shouted thank you for being at the party and they look forward to her next piece of advice. Katherine decided that she would rather stay at her house than worry about the neighbor three doors down in the other direction.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

Jen and Justin thanked the Gardener's Association members, aka Todd and the Babylon dancers, for their help. I will admit, Jen was good. Hunter played it well. I walked to the side of the house and finally gave in to the hilarity of it all. I taught Justin and Michael well, they walked around, attending Jen and kept straight faces during the whole thing. Blake hid behind Ted because he couldn’t keep it together. Ben and Mel walked off each time because they couldn’t hold it in. Sarah and Daphne didn’t even try, they just stayed behind all the guys and laughed. I walked in the house to find Justin and Michael high-fiving Hunter. Michael told Hunter he was a genius. I walked to my best friend and kissed him full on the mouth and even kissed Hunter on the cheek. I took Justin and dragged him to the bedroom, telling him I needed to have an Erupting Orgasm.

 

 

 

End Notes:

Thank you for staying interested and hopefully when this one is done I'll think of something else.

Chapter 16 by starlight
Author's Notes:

This is the end but I think that the kids will get little one shots every once in a while. I wanted to leave it with the possibility to write a sequel. With all the kids and Justin and Michael there might be something for later.

Thank-you Lorie for reading the insanity I write and encourging me to write more.

 

EPILOGUE

 

JUSTIN’S POV

 

So the months have flown by, I helped Daphne plan her wedding. Well, I paid Emmett, but that’s a help. She was going to plan it on her own to save money. I tried to help at first but she was driving me insane, so I called Emmett. I offered him triple if he got the mad woman to calm down.

 

Michael and I have been busy writing Rage. We had so much material after Linds and Katherine. Icebitch was subdued by the Queen of the planet Stepford. Katherine inspired all the characters that try to interfere in crime fighting. Michael and I need Katherine to piss us off some more. We are bored.

 

Katherine is very polite and no longer offers any advice. Her husband stopped by on his jog through the neighborhood. Brian was waiting for the bus with Gus. He told Brian that he was sorry he'd missed the fun. Brian offered him the video he had taped. He said it was probably his fault that she was acting like a shrew. Apparently, when we moved in, she thought Brian should have picked someone more mature. Her husband said to her that all men would love to have a young blond piece if they could get it. We still keep up the garden. Every time someone comes up with something we make sure that it stays beautiful.

 

The rest of the neighborhood wanted to know why everyone wasn’t invited. I told them we could do the 4th of July. Brian groaned. I think having streamers of white flowing down the sides of the tree is a wonderful idea. Brian is only agreeing because Remsen signed on for a campaign using the Erupting Orgasm in their male aide ad. He is making enough off of the deal to throw a couple thousand parties. I really need to call Michael about this.

 

Linds got out of the place Mommy put her, but other than the occasional visit with Gus she doesn't bother us. Mom said that Linds is dating someone name Jacob, and according to Nancy, expects a wedding soon. Brian ran into Linds and Jacob, he told me that Linds always wanted to date a gay man, and she finally found one. Jacob is actually one of Emmett’s conquests. Emmett said the man was a bigger bottom than him.

 

Sarah gave Mel all the space she needed. It took two whole weeks before they ended up in action. Unfortunately for me, I walked into the laundry room that day. While I do find the female form aesthetically pleasing, I didn't need that much of an education.

 

Sarah loves the kids, JR is Sarah’s princess. Linds always treated JR like she was someone else's child. JR didn’t understand. Linds was her mommy. Sarah told JR she wanted to be whatever JR wanted. JR said, “okay Mommy, I want you to play with my dolls.” I think that cemented the relationship for Mel. Sarah is a control freak and makes sure Mel is happy.

 

We are all waiting for Amanda to pop. She is huge.

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I think Justin misses Katherine. He tends to look out for her. I want Amanda to have the kids, Justin and Michael get expensive when they get bored. The doctor told us anytime now.

 

Linds has turned into the perfect WASP. She is still involved in Gus’s life but disapproves of all of us. She told me Jacob is fine with Gus and wants to have a child soon. I guess they are getting married. I wonder how a gay man lives that life. I ran into Jacob at Babylon and asked. He said his family disapproves of the lifestyle and if he wants to keep his inheritance he has to take one for the team. Nancy told him to be discreet and all would be well.

 

Michael was thrilled when Sarah announced that she was moving to Pittsburgh. He was scared Mel might move to New York. Sarah told Michael that she still has to be there for meetings and clients, but she has a large staff and can live here. Mel and Sarah wanted to buy a house in our neighborhood since Gus goes to school here. Mel was worried because she doesn’t make the kind of money that Sarah makes. Justin told Mel he learned a long time ago not to try to compete in that arena. As long as Sarah treats Mel like an equal it shouldn’t matter.

 

We waited all week for the babies to arrive. Nothing happened, I was ready to start the parenting thing. Justin and I decided we were only going to have the two. I thought about one more, but we are getting both in one go.

 

Oh wait, I forgot about Roe. You know, the kitty from hell. Roe played innocent until Michael asked if I ever found my boots. I will admit that I queened a bit about them. I looked at Justin who picked up Evil and tried to walk out of the room. Ted told me what happened. I took Roe from Justin’s arm and was going to give him a good scolding, but the little shit meowed at me and then rubbed his head on my cheek. How do you punish that? With no other alternative, I punished Justin instead, about 5 times. Justin said the cat can crap wherever it’s little heart desires if that was the result.

 

Cynthia just stuck her head in the door and told me Justin called and told her to tell me that Amanda is at the hospital. I asked Cynthia if he was meeting me here. Cynthia told me no, that he was worried he would miss the birth so he went straight to the hospital. Justin reads all these books on pregnancy and thinks you just go and the baby appears. It makes me wonder sometimes how he scored 1500 on his SATs.

 

I asked Cynthia to call everyone. Ted told me he and Blake would be by after work. I got to the hospital and looked for Justin. He and his partner in crime, Michael, were waiting together. Mel called me to let me know Gus should be on his way with her after he gets out of school. Sarah wanted to have JR dressed up in her princess outfit to meet the new babies. Jen and Deb were coming together. Emmett told me he and Drew would be there as soon as he made some snacks for the wait. It’s amazing to me that people with no blood ties are the family that I have. I had picked a name for my daughter to reflect their love for the babies on the way.

 

The doctor finally comes out and tells Justin and me that Amanda invited us into the delivery room. We had been in the labor room with her all day and they took her to delivery a couple of minutes ago. She wanted natural and Justin told her when they offer the good drugs you say hell yes. Amanda laughed and told him this would be her fourth delivery and she knew she could handle it.

 

We were scrubbed and dressed. We walked to the head of the table to wait, apparently, the first baby was ready to come already. Amanda waited for us and then pushed with all her might. Our son was in the doctor’s hands. Justin, who told me he didn’t want to see all the girly parts, ran over to look. He was all excited when they cleaned the baby, we had to remind him that number two was on the way. Justin came back and held Amanda’s hand as she worked to deliver our daughter. The baby came out without a fuss five minutes behind her brother. Justin leaned down and told Amanda thank you for giving us these children. I kissed her on the forehead and thanked her too. Amanda told us to go love the babies. Justin told her that he wanted her to know that she is always welcome at our house.

 

I have to admit, babies look like little old people when they first come out. We sat and watched the nurses with the babies. They strapped on the bracelets to the babies and us. Justin followed the nurses and I walked out to our family. I told them to follow me to view the babies. We walked up and I walked into the room after having my bracelet checked. Justin didn’t notice anything but the babies. We were lucky they were full term. Benjamin Theodore Taylor-Kinney we plan to call him Benny, is 8lbs and 4oz, 23 inches. I looked at him and still saw an old man. He opened his eyes and it was like Gus all over again. I wanted to meet my daughter. Justin told me that we need the name for a birth certificate. I told him, Emma Michelle Taylor-Kinney. My daughter had her little fist in her rosebud mouth. She is tiny, only 6lbs and 19 inches. I asked the nurse if they could hold the children in front of the window while Justin and I talk to our friends.

 

Justin introduced Benny and Emma to the family. The Queens cried. Ben walked over to Justin and thanked him. Blake told Ted he wanted a baby now. Ted groaned but asked for the agency information. We had a couple of hours before they would bring the babies into a separate room. Everyone went to the room to sit, talk and eat. I told them I would join them in a minute. Justin was in with the babies, I hope the nurses are used to someone who will question everything. Mel came up behind me with Gus and I knocked on the window. We wanted Gus to see them with me privately, so if he had any concerns or questions we could help him. Gus smiled when he saw Benny and Emma, he asked me if babies were supposed to be that beautiful. I told him that he was so they should be too.

 

I walked them back to the room with the others. I figured we needed to get Justin fed. Linds was standing at the window. She was smiling at the babies and Justin. I wondered what she was up to now. She turned and looked at me and told me the children were beautiful. I waited because Linds couldn’t be done.

 

“All babies are beautiful Brian. I hope you can love them. If they had been mine, I would have picked up the slack for your inadequacies. Well, at least they have Justin.” Linds took her shot.

 

“You're right, they do have Justin, and he knows what to do. I mean he had to help pick up your slack from the beginning. Have a good life Linds, I know that I and all my children will.” I tell her and watch her leave. Same old Linds.

 

FOUR  YEARS LATER

 

BRIAN’S POV

 

I walked in the door to Roe running as fast as he can from Benny. Benny thinks that Roe is a toy. I told Benny to make sure he squeezes extra hard. Roe was mad when the babies took Justin's time. Justin still paid attention, but a cat can wait, babies don’t. Roe pissed on my computer, fried the thing. I swear he was smiling at me while he did it.

 

Emma who was chasing Benny stopped and yelled 'Daddy'. Jumping into my arms. I love my boys, but Emma is mine. Her hair is curly and blonde, her eyes are blue but almost aqua in color. She has Justin’s smile. Benny has dirty blond hair with gray eyes, he is adorable, but all boy. He doesn’t mind cuddling but he is always looking for trouble. They are both as smart as Justin, we had them tested and they tested high enough to skip to 2nd grade when they start next year. Justin worked with them both on letters and numbers. They are both reading and can count to 100 or more. We stopped them at 100 because they would have kept going. I asked where Pa was and Emma said: “With dirty stinky butt.”

 

The nanny came walking up, and I handed Emma over. I walked up the stairs to see what is going on now. I wonder what Linds is up to now. She started visiting Gus again with her son from Jacob. Gus told Mel and me that she has been really clingy. Jacob divorced Linds to be with his secretary, Dan. Linds played the part of the scorned wife and made it impossible for Jacob to see his son. It was a scandal at the country club. No one else really cared. She hasn’t bothered me or Mel all that much other than the occasional snide comment.

 

I got to Justin and as Emma calls him, 'dirty stinky butt'. I call him Gabriel. I wanted one more, Justin told me I was crazy after the twins but told me to go for it. I was tested and everything was normal so I donated this time, with an egg from the same donor. We got Gabriel, he has sandy brown hair and hazel eyes. Justin told me that when Gabriel and Gus are older we are never going to get a moment's peace. Gabriel looks a lot like me but has fair coloring.

 

I really worried that we were going to fall in the trap of being respectable, you know, Linds. Justin said, “Love the kids, pay attention and accept their choices.” We’ll be fine. Everyone helps us, we are able to go out and do things we want. We just have kids now. Ted is the hetero Stepford dad though. His daughter Jessica has to have the best. Jessica just sucks her thumb and runs to Blake.

 

Michael and Justin planned a vacation to Disney hell. I vetoed that and told them the Disney Cruise will keep the kids contained and we adults can party till we drop.

 

 

Everyone is going.

 

Well, off to help Justin. Gabriel is a handful.

 

End Notes:

Thanks for enjoying this with me. I have a couple idea's but need to think about them.

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=292