- Text Size +

CHAPTER 47 - BEING FORGETFUL AND BEING REMINDED

 

BRIAN

 

I am on my knees with my elbows on the sofa. In my head, I am screaming the place down because it feels so good to have Justin inside of me raw. Then something happens. When we came the first time, it felt excellent. But now, he’s shifted my legs a bit and pushed me forward, changing the angle of his thrust.

 

“Hol mbbyis os gth! Ghs is aht htth!” I gibber, grabbing at the sofa but then he stops. “Justin?”

 

“What on earth did you just say?!” He laughs and starts to move slower while stroking my cock.

 

“In...oh yes...my head holy mother of God this is shit hot.” I groan as he sucks on my shoulder and I push back and clench...

 

“Th-that’s really not what you said...Jesus Christ, you feel so great!” He whispers in my ear.

 

It takes me a minute to realise that he’s still going. “H-how are you still making me feel so good? I...oh fuck oh fuck… please!”

 

With one more kiss to my shoulder, he starts to move faster and reaches for my hand. “Oh God yes! Only you!” I scream before I explode over the sofa and he follows a second later.

 

“Holy mother of God this is shit hot!” He yells mocking my earlier declaration and then slumps over me, giggling.

 

Twenty minutes later, we are lying on the sofa under a blanket. Justin is tucked in my lap...I love the way how perfectly he fits. Suddenly he starts to chuckle, then laugh and now he’s guffawing so much he has tears running down his face.

 

“What’s so funny?” I jostle him but can feel a smile twitching because I have a feeling he’s laughing about what I’ve just realised.

 

“C-co-condoms!” He manages to gasp out.

 

“Where are they?” I giggle and let him go so we can go find them and after another 20 minutes we have found all that is downstairs. “So what do we do with them?”

 

“How about we send them to Michael...from David?” He grins mischievously.

 

“You devil! But what about the ones at home?” I ask, my heart pounding.

 

“Them too.” He wraps himself around me. “Is that okay?”

 

“Yes indeed.” I pick him up and carry him upstairs to the bathroom.

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT - FRIDAY AFTERNOON

 

It’s been two days now and still nothing from Brian! He didn’t even hang around to take me back home! During my appointment, he came in and said he had to go to work so left me there! Blonde Ass offered to come back after dropping him off.  But I declined.

 

I am wondering what to do with the rest of the day when my phone rings. I don’t recognise the number but do recognise the voice!

 

“David, what a surprise!” I settle down on the sofa. “I’m doing well. How has your first week been? Um, nothing this evening. Why? I think that’s an excellent idea! About seven, then? There’s a place called Woody’s and then we could go...or we could do dinner instead, yes that’s fine. Great, my address is…”

 

Ten minutes later, I am calling Brian. “Hey, it’s me! Listen...oh well, I just wanted to tell you about...okay, when is a good time to call then? Fine, speak to you then.”

 

As I twirl the phone in my hand a thought hits me and I start to get ready!

 

RED CAPE COMICS

 

NATHAN

 

I smile at Vanda as she waits for Hunter to settle down so she can sit in her favourite spot, which is curled up in his crotch. I have to admit I am a bit jealous of her!

 

I’m sorting through the comics when I hear the door being locked. “Is it because I’m sick?”

 

“Is what because you’re sick?” I look over my shoulder and he’s by the door.

 

“Why you haven’t kissed me?” I turn round and he’s right behind me. “Because if it is then I would rather just stop this now and just be friends. Apart from hand holding and the odd kiss on the...what’s so funny?!”

 

“I’m jealous of a kitten.” I laugh and he frowns. “Vanda gets very territorial in here and when we’re out we’re with Daphne and I know she’s…”

 

“Nathan now would be a good time to do the kissing thing.” He chuckles as he wraps his arms round my waist and pulls me to him. At first, it is soft and hesitant but then it isn’t. We end up on the sofa, making out like the teenagers we are...well he is! He just makes me feel like one with his first crush again.

 

“Ow-ow-ow-ow! Vanda!” I shout as she lands claws first in the middle of my back, which he has bared during his enthusiastic hand-wandering. We both look at her and then have to laugh at how proud she looks of herself and starts to get comfortable.

 

“Vanda down.” He orders and after a few seconds, she finally heads to her tree. “Now where were we?”

 

“Here.” I stroke his lips. “You have a beautiful mouth.”

 

“You are pretty cute too... for a comic book geek.” He replies.

 

“This from a man who…”

 

“Again, the kissing thing.” He whispers as he pulls my head down.

 

KINNETIC - AN HOUR LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

I stroll into reception and look around. Finally, no security and no snotty nosed assistant! He seems to have got rid of her and replaced her with someone else.

 

“Can I help you sir?” She asks...Sir, now that’s more like it!

 

“No, I know the way; it’s fine. Brian’s free at the moment, correct?”

 

“I uh…”

 

Never mind, I’ll check for myself.” I say airily and head to his office.

 

I’m about to open the door when Ted calls out my name. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Going to see Brian. Now that we’ve cleared the…”

 

“He’s in Florida.” He interrupts.

 

“Florida? What the hell is he doing in Florida?!”

 

“Doing something that might be an alien concept to you since way before you got that cast… He’s working!”

 

“But I called him earlier. He never said...!” I protest.

 

“Oh well, now you know so you can go.” Ted starts to lead me away from his door.

 

“Are you sure he’s in Florida?” I narrow my eyes at him and try to turn back but he has a surprisingly firm grip. Before I know it I am outside and the door is shut firmly behind me.

 

Well I am not taking that! I turn straight around but walk into the security guy! “Until such time as Mr Kinney tells us himself that you are un-banned you still are! Now I suggest you take your leave.”

 

I can’t wait for him to get back. I want to watch him fire this guy and maybe even fucking Ted for this mistreatment! Talk about a fair-weather friend… Well, since it’s obvious that I can’t do anything about them right now, I decide to head to the diner.

 

DINER

 

JUSTIN

 

Neither of them are saying anything. I am trying my damnedest to look unimpressed as is Ben, but they look so mortified it is a little difficult.

 

“I was shocked, just shocked.” I tell Daphne. “First, the store is closed and then when I get in I come in to see that! As part...no can't do it!” I start to giggle. “Guys relax! It's fine. You're part owner Nathan so if you want to make out when it's quiet then more power to you! Believe me, I’ve done more than that!”

 

“I do believe you…” Michael's nasally whine interrupts. “But with whom and does Brian know?”

 

“Why don't you call and ask him? I’m sure he will give you chapter and verse of the times I’ve pounced and vice versa.”

 

He shakes his head vigorously and I am reminded of a braying jackass who’s fighting an influx of flies. “Brian doesn't pounce...”

 

“Tell my ass that!” I wiggle for emphasis. “As goodbyes go, it was exquisite. Now enough about my fantastic sex life, let's discuss Brett. Franc will be...ah, here she is.”

 

“Hey honey! What am I getting you?” Debs calls out.

 

“Just coffee. I need to be picked up I am so tired!” She leans her head back.

 

“Why? You don't actually do that much, do you?” Michael asks and then realises what he’s said and to whom. “I mean, this is your down…”

 

“Well, isn't that sweet?” She sneers. “The reason for my tiredness is all due to him plum tuckering me out now that he has a bit more mobility!” She groans. “His physio said that he could go gentle but he just had to achieve more!”

 

“Here’s your coffee, sweetie.” Debs comes over, grinning. “And I am so pleased you two have moved onto the next step; took you long enough.” She cackles, looking at Nathan and Hunter.

 

“How did…?” Nathan gasps.

 

“I came to see what you wanted to have for lunch but it was locked up and you two were otherwise occupied…”

 

“Fraternizing with the staff? Surely there should…” Michael starts and tries to sit down but is blocked by Daphne, moving down so that we can let Emmett get in next to Franc.

 

“In order for it to be fraternization, Hunter would need to work for me, but he doesn’t.” Nathan points out.

 

“Isn’t the store part of Seabird Enterprises?” He sneers.

 

“No, it’s part of my private business portfolio.” She retorts and then catches my eye and takes a mental step back.

 

“So Brett Keller? When is he coming to m...ou...your store, Franc?” Michael asks, ignoring Nathan completely. Guess that little shut down on his feeble-minded attempt to play at words is smarting a bit.

 

“Next Friday and then he’s coming to dinner on Saturday. But do you think I should warn him that he’s in mom’s matchmaking sights?”

 

Okay warn a guy!!!

 

I manage to cover my splutter as a sneeze, which Daphne gamely blesses me for.

 

“Really? You think them two together?” Nathan asks...seems he's all caught up.

 

“Yeah David is looking to settle, though not sure about Brett. Okay, that's me done. See you guys later.” Franc stands and stretches while Michael practically throws himself into the seat. Such a shame that we all follow Franc out less than a minute later leaving him pouting, incredulous and alone!

 

THE SHILOH INN - EARLY EVENING

 

DAVID

 

He is an interesting person. I wonder if he eats like that all the time. “What drinks can I get you, gentlemen?”

 

“A Jamaican Red Ale for me and Michael?”

 

“Pepsi please.”

 

“So Michael, tell me about yourself.” I listen as he tells me about his life and we’re so different...this comic book and toy thing for example is very childish, but he gets this look on his face, that tells me how important they are to him. I fix a smile on my face and nod at the right times before I find a way to interrupt and ask how he knows Franc.

 

“I met her on the cruise ship and we bonded from there. How do you know her?”

 

“Briefly dated her stepbrother.”

 

“Why did you split up?”

 

“We weren’t at the same dating stage…”

 

“I’m looking to settle...oh sorry. It’s too early to say that kind of thing, isn’t it?” He blushes.

 

“What about you and Brian. Nothing there?” I ask.

 

“No nothing.” He replies “We’re just very good friends. He’s my best friend really.”

 

“So what about the guy he was with?”

 

“Oh no, that’s just a dalliance.”

 

“Ah that’s interesting, I’ve been hearing about him.” He raises his eyebrow. “He’s a looker, he has a certain rawness about him. As for his dalliance, well I’m not so sure it is that to either of them…”

 

“Why do you say that?” He asks a little too sharply for someone who is just very good friends with him. “From one very brief meeting, you got that they are what?”

 

“Intense. They are very intense with each other.” He looks thoughtful and something else. “But enough about them, what about your dating history?”

 

“I have had the odd relationship but nothing significant. Apart from Ray, what about you?”

 

“Again, like you, the odd relationship but I am looking for my next long term relationship. Shall we order?”

 

When the food comes, I start to wish we had a bit more privacy because of the way he eats. But he’s very cute and I find his innocence endearing. As I head to the bathroom I order the flowers for next week...go slow David, go slow.

 

BRITIN - SATURDAY AFTERNOON

 

KITCHEN

 

JUSTIN

 

The filming day with Brett was amazing but unfortunately, he was called back to LA for a meeting. So it will be just David and us. We were going to have it at Franc’s but she’s had a power cut so we’ve switched venues.

 

The food is pure West Indian, starting with ackee and saltfish. Then rice and peas with chicken and a salad, honeycomb and chocolate cupcakes, which Gus helped Veri and Franc with.

 

The door knocking heralds the arrival of Debs, Carl, Vic and Rodney. Nathan, Hunter and Daph came with Ben. Even though he said he wasn’t going to work, Brian and Ted are in the study.

 

“Daddy!” Gus calls through the study door. “Ruby Time!”

 

“Perfect timing as usual Gus.” Brian opens the door and heads upstairs with Custard in his wake.

 

As I open the door to let Rhubie out, I spot a taxi coming up. Then out comes David Cameron and Michael!

 

“Come on David, let’s go inside.” He says and I know what he’s going to try. He’s going to try closing the door on me; he’s even starting to walk faster.

 

“Michael, what’s your rush?” David calls out. He comes to a halt and folds his arms in his normal pout. “What gorgeous grounds and who is that?”

 

“This is Rhubie, real name Rhubarb. How are you, David? How’s Alleghany been treating you?”

 

“Great thanks. So do you live here with Brian?”

 

“Yes.” I answer and have to hold in my laughter at Michael’s outraged expression. David, oblivious to Michael’s queening, strolls further along the driveway looking at the flowers.

 

“Such a beautiful place. You are both very lucky.”

 

“Yes Brian’s house is very nice, isn’t it?” Michael calls out almost sneering at me. “He got very lucky meeting Brian when he did…”

 

“How so?” David heads to the front door and Michael almost sags with relief.

 

“If it wasn’t for me, he wouldn’t have been on the cruise. I knew he needed a break as he was working so hard. So I managed to get him on the cruise.”

 

“Yes Michael you were such a good honest and loyal friend to him.” I reply and he looks surprised. He was clearly expecting for me to call him out on his nefarious intentions. I have better things to do, matching wits with him is futile as he has none. Michael is already showing his ass; no need for me to do the same...yet.

 

“Where is he anyway? In the study?” Michael starts to head in that direction and I manage to hold in my snort when he bounces off the locked door.

 

“Michael, where exactly were you going?” Brian calls out, coming down the stairs carrying Ruby.

 

“Brian! How have you been? Do you remember David?”

 

“Yes, of course. I would shake your hand but as you can see…”

 

David just nods and laughs. “Oh, she’s adorable! Where shall we go?”

 

“David! David Cameron! As I live and breathe, how lovely to see you again!” Veri trills and pulls him into her arms then looks him up and down. “Oh... Michael what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m with David...as his date.”

 

“How nice for you. Now come along, David and get reacquainted with the family. It’s grown quite a bit so we’ll catch you up on who is who in our little group!” She leads him off without a backward glance. In turn, I have to go to the kitchen so I can laugh at the put out expression on Michael’s face.

 

I am soon joined by Emmett, who is snickering over Michael’s attempts to sit next to Brian being blocked and then he had to be reminded who he came with by Debs... twice.

 

“Come on, let’s go.” I giggle, carrying out another tray of drinks.

 

GARDEN

 

BRIAN

 

I adjust the parasol over Ruby’s pram and smile as Justin grins at me.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking Justin, how old are you?” David asks.

 

“27.”

 

“He’s 28. For one so young and his memory to be failing so soon…” I smirk at him as he frowns.

 

“Excuse me! You are the one with the memory problems. I’ve only known you for 3 months and I’m 27…”

 

“What’s your birth month?” I ask and look around as everyone is starting to smile, well apart from David and Michael, who look confused.

 

“This one.” He replies.

 

“And the date?” I lean back in my chair and check Ruby again. She’s going to sleep.

 

“The 14th…”

 

“And today is the 23rd.” I reply. “You forgot your birthday.”

 

“How the hell did I manage that…?” Justin looks embarrassed. “How did you know that’s my birthday?”

 

“Your mom told me and you forgot because that was the week that Ruby was poorly…”

 

“You forgot your birthday because of your cat?!” Michael scoffs.

 

“Uh Michael, I think the Ruby they mean is the baby.” David points out.

 

“Oh, of course! Just kidding!” He gives a nervous laugh. “Is she better?”

 

“Yes, thanks for finally asking.” Mel replies tartly.

 

“Is she asleep?” Justin asks.

 

“Yes and yes Gus, you can give it to him now.” I smile at an about to explode Gus.

 

“Thank you daddy!” He runs into the house.

 

JUSTIN

 

I look at Brian and he waves me over to sit on his lap and Gus comes back holding a book of some sort.

 

“Here papa.” He says shyly. “Happy Birthday. I almost did it myself, but daddy helped with the words and some of the pictures.”

 

I take it off him and read the front. “How My Daddy and Papa Met…” I start to choke up as I look through the pictures and words.

 

“Look papa! This is when daddy found Rhubarb. And this is when we went to the Captain’s Dinner.”

 

“Oh Gus, this is...this is.”

 

“You’ve made your papa very happy. So very happy.”

 

“Wow, Michael you must be delighted!” David smiles. “If it wasn’t for you, they wouldn’t have met!”

 

“Yes, isn’t it great?!” He smiles tightly.

 

“Oh yeah!” I laugh at the annoyance on Michael’s face. “He’s one hell of a friend!”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly. Thanks