- Text Size +

CHAPTER 51 - TALKING, BAD COOKING AND KILTS

 

BRIAN

 

When my hips stop moving, I make sure that I don’t collapse on top of him. Gently, I pull out and help him out of the trunk.

 

“Ouch!” He grimaces and rubs the top of his head.

 

“What happened?” I ask.

 

“What is in the back of the trunk?” He peers inside, leaning over to check...big mistake! The sight of his strong thighs, still slightly trembling with aftershocks, slick with sweat; the memory of me and him, it makes my cock twitch. I flip his kilt back over and look at his beautiful ass again.

 

“Uh Brian…” He tries to stand but I hold him in position. “I really…”

 

“Jesus.” I whisper.

 

“What? What’s wrong?” His voice is full of worry as again he tries to stand.

 

“You really do have the most perfect ass.” With one more stroke, I pull his kilt back down and allow him to stand. “Come on, let’s go to have a shower. I don't think you could go another round and besides I want to check your owie.”

 

“Thanks.” He takes my hand, I grab the bag from the back seat and we head inside.

 

FRANC’S BUNGALOW - A WEEK LATER

 

BEDROOM

 

MARKUS

 

“So I’m officially a civilian in three months.” She looks up at me and frowns. We’re doing physio on my hip, and I have to admit she’s a lot better than him. But then again, I am slightly biased. “Have no clue what to do while I am though. Any thoughts, partner?”

 

“I do have one…” She leers at my crotch.

 

“Come…”

 

“That's what I am hoping to make you do.” She smiles and then goes back to manipulating my hip. “What have you always wanted to do as a kid?”

 

“Be a cop.”

 

“Okay, you majored in that. So what was your minor?”

 

I think for a while and then laugh. “How could I have forgotten that?” She pauses and then clears her throat for me to continue. “I wanted to be a vet.”

 

Really?” She looks as surprised to hear that as I was to remember it.

 

“Yeah. We had a dog called Mr Squinky and every time he had to have his shots, I went with my mom to hold his paw...God, I loved that dog.”

 

She looks thoughtful before lowering my leg. “Well why not go to veterinary school and go back to the force?”

 

I raise myself on my elbows and look at her, then realise what she’s trying to say. “In the K9 Academy?”

 

“I knew you would think of something, you clever devil! Now about my earlier thought…”

 

“Proceed ma’am.” I lie back as she peels my shorts down my legs.

 

DAVID’S CONDO - SATURDAY MID-MORNING

 

KITCHEN

 

MICHAEL

 

I look again at my notes and then in the pan. That doesn’t look right.

 

“And what do we have here?” David asks, coming in from his jog. I’m surprised to find Ben and Hunter with him.

 

“What are you two doing here?” I ask, coming to stand in front of the pan.

 

“Bumped into them on the trail.” David explains when he finishes his water and I allow him to wrap his sweaty body round me just so I don’t have to move from the stove. “Invited them for breakfast. You’re okay with that, aren’t you?”

 

“Fine, just fine...oh dammit!” I manage to flip the pan to the floor. “Sorry David, I’m so clumsy! Why don’t we go to the diner?” He looks disappointed. “Problem with the diner?”

 

“No, it’s just that we’ve just been jogging and…”

 

“There’s muesli and yoghurt.” I point out.

 

“You’ve clearly forgotten to whom I’m related to by marriage.” Ben laughs and picks up the pan. “And whom I’m dating. I can fix us something in no time.”

 

“Oh…” I begin.

 

“Are you sure? I’ll be ten minutes tops in the shower! Thanks Ben!” He runs off to the bathroom.

 

“But David!” I call out but he’s gone.

 

“Okay, what were you aiming for?” Hunter is staring at the floor. “Don’t you think you should clean that up?”

 

I glare at him. “I have a broken arm.”

 

“Which you still would have if we weren’t here and that was on the floor.” Hunter replies. “What do you need Ben? Seriously Michael, clean it up as that is going to attract vermin!”

 

BEN

 

You mean apart from the guy that is trying to cook?!

 

“I need more eggs and look in the cupboards to see if you can find some muesli. I’ll start on the smoothie first; Ems makes this really great one...how is David with peaches?”

 

“David is great with peaches.” He replies, coming in and then pausing. “Uh Michael, can you clean that up please? I don’t want to attract vermin.”

 

After a few seconds of pause, he fills the bowl with soap and water and hunkers down to clean the floor.

 

Twenty minutes later, we are round the table having eggy bread and bacon with peach, carrot and apricot smoothies.

 

“Oh, this is the best food I have had in a good while.” David groans, almost licking his plate but then he catches the expression on Michael’s face. “Stop pouting, Michael. You don’t cook this and the diner certainly doesn’t serve it. Maybe you could get the recipe off of Ben before he goes. I notice you have cleared your plate too…”

 

Hunter smirks and helps me to clear the plates and of course, Michael doesn’t assist.

 

“Can we get going?” Hunter asks looking a little pale. I nod and we head out the door. We’ve barely left the driveway when suddenly he groans, doubles over and vomits. “Hunter!” I shout and kneel down next to him before yelling at the top of my voice. “David! David!”

 

“Ben, what’s...oh fuck! Michael call an ambulance now!”

 

ALLEGHANY HOSPITAL - AN HOUR LATER

 

DAPHNE

 

I am buried in Carl’s arms sobbing. When Hunter gets better, I’m going to fucking kill him!

 

“Who the hell doesn’t say that they are having stomach problems?!” Michael grumbles, all sympathy.

 

“Oh I don’t know... a terrified teenager, who is HIV positive and wondering where the fuck the pain is coming from and why?!” Nathan shouts tearfully.

 

“How the hell didn’t I notice?” Blake whispers. “I’m a doctor for fuck sake!”

 

“Yeah. How…”

 

“Michael, shut up!” Rodney snaps and goes to comfort Blake. “You know how it is Blake, especially with HIV? We learn to hide and he’s a kid…”

 

The door opens and David comes out and he looks...relieved. “He’s going to be fine. He has a stomach ulcer, which they caught before it burst. They’re going to keep him in for the next week to monitor and we really need to discuss his POA.”

 

“POA?” I ask.

 

“Power of Attorney, sweetheart.” Carl explains. “It means someone who can make medical decisions on Hunter’s behalf.”

 

“If you two are agreeable, I think that should be Ben.” David takes my hand. “With them both being positive, he would be able to…”

 

“Yes, I think it’s a great idea.” Debs is back with coffees. “Is he awake? Do we know what’s wrong? When can he be discharged? When can we see him?” She fires questions at David, without taking a breath.

 

Carl chuckles. “Yes. Ulcer. A week and not sure.” He replies, passing me into Vic’s arms and helps her to serve coffees. “Okay, so what are we going to do about looking after him when he’s discharged?”

 

The look Debs gives him is filled with such love and pride, I start to cry harder.

 

“Come on, Daph. Drink this.” Vic cajoles. “He’s fine, he’s going to be fine.”

 

“Can I see him for just a few minutes?” Nathan begs.

 

“Let me see what I can do. In the meantime, have something hot to drink.”

 

Five minutes later, David comes back out and nods at Nathan.

 

NATHAN

 

He looks so worried as I approach the bed. “Next time you are hurting, even if it is fucking splinter, you tell me! I was so scared to get that call!” I take his hand and he nods. “And I’m telling Vanda on you too. She will not be happy!” That gets a bigger smile and he tries to sit up. “Should you be doing that?” I look worried.

 

“Yeah, this is how we watch TV and that one is so high.”

 

I nod and sit behind him. He just wants normality and that’s what I shall give him.

 

“By the way, when you recover Daph is going to kill you.” I kiss his cheek and wrap my arms round him.

 

“Of course she is.” He laughs and relaxes back against me.

 

DEBS

 

I’m the only one here since I sent everyone away. We’ve come to an agreement and they’re both going to stay with Blake for a week after his discharge. Blake feels so guilty about not noticing his illness; there was just no arguing with him.

 

I look through the window of the door to his room and sniff. He and Nathan are sound asleep and Daph is too, but curled up at the bottom of the bed. The nurse is coming and she’s holding blankets and behind her is an orderly pushing a cot. “Haven’t the heart to move them.” She tells me. “Want to help?”

 

“Thank you.” I wipe my eyes. “Have you got another one of those?” I point at the cot.

 

“Yes ma’am. I’ll just go get it.” The orderly nods.

 

WALDORF SCHOOL OF PITTSBURGH - MONDAY AFTERNOON

 

GUS’S CLASS

 

GUS

 

Daddy and papa are late. I knowed that they were going to see Hunter before they came so maybe that’s delayed them. The door opens again and it’s not them. I sigh and turn back to the front. I don’t even have Leather Bear to cuddle.

 

“They’re coming Gus, don’t worry.” Chandra holds my hand. I still can’t believe she is in my school! When I came to school a week ago, I saw her daddy and I couldn’t understand why he was there. Then I saw Chandra and then they explained because they were moving to nearer my daddies. I was so happy!

 

“Gus and Chandra sitting in a tree…”

 

“Quiet Mason!” Mr Lodge tells him.

 

I like Mr Lodge. He is funny and he gives us nice projects to do. The door opens again but this time, I don’t look back as I knowed it isn’t going to be them.

 

“Gus. Look behind you.” Chandra whispers.

 

I turn around and daddy and papa are here but also Aunt Jen, Momma, Momma Leda and Ruby and they are all wearing the skirts!

 

Daddy smiles at me and then turns to Mr Lodge. “Please accept our apologies for lateness, but we got…”

 

“Those guys are wearing skirts!” Mason shouts. “They look stupid.”

 

“They don’t look stupid; it’s part of their heritage!” Chandra shouts back. “Besides, you look and sound stupid no matter what you wear!”

 

“Don’t you speak to me like that you…” Mason yells. “You… Stupid monkey!”

 

The room goes really quiet and Chandra’s daddy stands up. But before he can move, a voice booms out. “Mason Court! What did you just say?!”

 

Mason looks really surprised but doesn’t say anything.

 

“I asked you a question. What did you just say?!”

 

“She was picking on me! I had to…”

 

“Apologise immediately! I will not tolerate nastiness or lies!”

 

Mason glares at me and Chandra, but still doesn’t say anything.

 

“Fine!” The shouty man comes down towards the stage. “Get up and gather your things!”

 

“But…”

 

“Immediately!” The shouty man then turns to Mr Lodge. “I am Alexander Court, Mason’s father. Where are the parents of this young lady?”

 

“The dad is right behind you.” Chandra’s daddy tells him and when Mason’s daddy turns around, he takes a couple of steps back and looks up.

 

“Frederick Morse-Johnson. You need to bring your child up better.”

 

“I am so sorry for what he said. There are no excuses. We’ve told him time and time again about name calling. So now he reaps the consequences of his actions.”

 

“Father…”

 

“What did I tell you would happen if you continued to misbehave?”

 

“That you would send me to another school. But mommy won’t let you do that.” Mason has that horrible smile on his face.

 

“Oh yes, mommy would. You heard your father get your things and let’s go!”

 

We all watch as Mason starts to beg to his mommy but she’s not listening to him and soon he is gone.

 

“Well that was…” Mr Lodge looks round the room.

 

“Unpleasant?” Chandra’s dad says.

 

“Yes, yes it was.” Mr Lodge sighs and then sits down. “Right so instead of show and tell, we need to talk about what happened. But we will do show and tell another time. Can anyone, by anyone I mean the children, tell me why Mason’s daddy was upset?”

 

“Is it…” Charlie, one of my friends asks… “Because he called Chandra names? Is he upset that Chandra is Gus’s friend and not his?”

 

“Maybe.” Mr Lodge tells him.

 

“But if he wants to be Chandra’s friend then why did he call her a stupid monkey? She’s not stupid or a monkey so that doesn’t make sense.” Charlie is looking at Chandra carefully. “No, definitely not a monkey.” People start to laugh. “So it was a stupid thing for him to say.”

 

“Mr Lodge?” Chandra puts up her hand. “Is Mason coming back?”

 

“I don’t think he is Chandra, no.”

 

“Good. He was mean to Gus’s family and I didn’t like that. I wanted to kick him in the butt to jumpstart his brain!”

 

“Chandra!” Her daddy stares at her.

 

“What? Mommy says that to you all the time!”

 

BRITIN - WEDNESDAY EVENING

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I turn to my side and kiss his shoulder. He’s reading something from Kinnetic and lifts his arm to pull me closer, kissing the top of my head.

 

“I heard from Nathan earlier; Hunter is doing great. They hope to discharge him at the end of the week. Thank God, they met David on the trail.”

 

“Yeah…” He sighs. “I just wish that Michael had shown a bit more compassion, considering Vic and Rodney.” Putting the papers down on the bedside table, he wiggles down so that we are face to face. He has a soft look on his face.

 

“Kilts.”

 

“Are you going to expand on that?” I laugh.

 

“I like them. And there is a Kinney tartan, which is rather handsome, even if I do say so myself. So how about you wear your kilt and I wear my kilt to the wedding?”

 

I scrunch up my nose. “It’s going to be very hot on the island but yeah. I think that would be nice.”

 

“Oh okay.” He beams at me. “So Gus would wear mine for the ceremony and yours for the reception?”

 

“Yeah.” I nuzzle his nose. “Same for Ruby?”

 

“Definitely. Seriously the smallest kilt ever!” He chuckles and pushes me onto my back.

 

“You do realise that he’s going to want Leather Bear and Belle to have one each?”

 

“At least they won’t to have to have theirs replaced year on year.” He starts to kiss my neck and I start to melt under his tongue. “Rhubarb and Custard will of course have to have tartan collars, one from each of us. You know... joining the Houses of Taylor and Kinney.”

 

I tilt my head to one side lost in the pleasure his tongue is giving me but slowly the words start to register.

 

“Brian? Brian.” I state firmly and pull on his hair. He pauses but doesn’t look up. “Brian, please look at me.”

 

Slowly, he does so and rolls his lips inwards, before stroking my temples. “Too soon?”

 

“No, but let Vic and Rodney have that day. Can you indulge my romanticism and we do it on the ship?”

 

“Okay and yes. Can I get back to what I was doing now?”

 

“Absolutely.” I groan as he licks that spot behind my ear before sucking hard. “Hey, are you giving me a hickey?!”

 

“Yes.” He whispers hotly in my ear. “I fully intend to leave them everywhere…”

 

“As your fiancé, I fully intend to let you.” I whisper back.

 

DAVID’S CONDO - SAME TIME

 

LOUNGE

 

MICHAEL

 

I start to gather my things to go home. It’s been a bit of a trying time of it; this cooking thing takes so much energy. But I think I am improving.

 

“Michael, we’ve been seeing each other for over almost a month now. I hope you don’t think I’m too forward, but do you want to leave some things here?”

 

“I would love to!” I grin at him and he pulls me in for a kiss.

 

DAVID

 

Oh thank God for that! I couldn’t bear staying at his place another night. It was like staying in a child’s room...but in the whole apartment. And I can honestly say, our first night together was interesting to say the least. He came across as very inexperienced and inhibited. Maybe with more practice, he will loosen up a bit.

 

MICHAEL

 

I can’t believe I get to stay here! I am so looking forward to moving my stuff in. Captain Astro is going to look good over the fireplace! And I’ve spotted the perfect place for my action figures, just behind the stairs.

 

As we kiss, I am reminded of our first night. It was okay but I was comparing him to my dreams of Brian and had to bite my tongue to stop from screaming out his name! Whatever… it’s good practice for when Brian is finally ready to stop playing with Boy Ass’s…well ass; good practice for when he’s really ready for a man like me. Until then, David will definitely do!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.