- Text Size +

 

 

 

Justin walked past Brian with not so much as a word and only a faint smile. Brian sighed and tried to ignore the pink elephant in the room once more, but it was difficult when certain obnoxious brats made you feel about two-inches tall; all because you’d denied them something that wouldn’t make one bit of difference in about twenty-three days.

Not that that he’d tell him that. Again.

He’d learned his lesson the first time that had happened.

Brian rolled his lips between his teeth as he watched his husband putter around the house, straightening up things as he went. A clear sign that he was upset. Justin was notoriously messy. A habit that he’d likely developed due to a stay-at-home mother picking up after him when he was younger; one that he’d never broken no matter how many years they’d lived together.

But when he was mad; it was a completely different story. The neatnik in him, buried under years of conditioning, suddenly materialized and he was a terror with a sponge and mop. Thankfully, he was only in the ‘creating order in his world’ phase, so he couldn’t be too angry.

Brian sighed again and rubbed the bridge of his nose, knowing that he really needed to address this at some point. But he just didn’t have the energy to go into Why His Childhood Sucked and Joanie was a Useless Bitch and Jack an Evil Bastard 101 yet again. It was a tired, worn out discussion that he he had neither the time nor patience to deliver; and, frankly, he’d rather just forget the whole fucking thing. There were more important things to do than talk about those useless wastes of space and air.

Of course, he would admit that he could have handled it better.

A lot better, in fact; he'd grudgingly acknowledge that fact.

But when Justin approached him with his request, he’d just finished an abysmal day at the office, filled with mis-scheduled appointments, (and he was never letting Cynthia go on vacation again if she even thought of hiring those useless assholes at the temp office); artists who had seemingly lost the ability to hold a fucking pencil, let alone employ the basic concepts of good design; and ad men who couldn’t write competent copy for shit.

This was compounded by having to listen to Mikey whine in his ear about some lame ass dinner party he was throwing for the good fags of Whoville; and Lindsey bitch about having to travel coach because Brian refused to cater to her whims any longer. And, well, it was amazing that his temper hadn’t just spontaneously combusted and burned the whole fucking world down.

But he did admit he could have, and should have, given a better answer than, ‘no fucking way in hell,’ and then followed that by storming off to his office to sulk for a few hours. Not one of his better moments. And one he regretted greatly as Justin had taken to pouting for the past two days, and didn’t look as if he was planning to end it any time soon.

And frankly - and he never thought he’d say this given Justin’s propensity for chattering on about nothing and fucking everything - he was getting a bit tired of the silence. It was starting to grate his nerves and he...well, he felt lonely.

Which was weird, as Justin was right fucking there.

But there it was - he missed his partner’s nonstop chatter more than he could say.

And fuck if that wasn’t throwing him into an even worse funk than before.

Brian did a quick check, and grabbing the front of his pants, gave his dick a quick squeeze. Still there. Thank God. The fucking blond twat had him acting like a lesbian.

With that done, Brian decided that enough was enough. He stood and walked over to his briefcase, opened it and pulled out a small box that was gaily wrapped in bright red paper and tied with a gold ribbon. He snapped it closed and walked over to Justin, ignoring the way he tensed at his approach, and dropped the package in front of him.

“What’s this?” Justin asked, staring at it as if it were a snake about to strike.

“Open it.” Brian commanded without offering an explanation.

“Brian…” Justin said in that way the told Brian his patience was thin.

“Just open it, Justin.”

Justin gave him one last put upon frown, one that Brian had trouble not kissing away, and then tugged at the gold ribbon and pulled it from the package. He slowly unwrapped the box, his reluctance obvious in every move, but he finally opened it and then just stared in puzzlement.

“Oh my God,” Justin exclaimed and then slammed the lid of the box down once he recognized what was in the box, his cheeks flushed.

Brian barely bit back a smirk.

Justin raised the lid again and just shook his head, and then threw him a disbelieving look.

“Brian…”

“What?” Brian asked innocently; Justin snorted.

“You can’t be serious.”

“You wanted a wreath.” Brian smirked, looking down at the gift. “You didn’t say what kind.”

And with that comment, Justin’s cheeks flushed further, but this time with annoyance.

“You know damned well this isn’t what I meant,” Justin said, anger creeping back into his voice, but just under it was a layer of hurt.

And damn it. That wasn’t what he’d intended. He didn’t want Justin thinking that he was making fun of him and his wishes, no matter how small they were. It’s just, he couldn’t do it. As much as he wanted to give Justin everything he wanted, he couldn’t do this. Not after the time that Jack…

He just couldn’t do it.

“I...I know,” Brian said, rolling his lips under. “I fucking know; but, Justin...I just...I can’t.” And Brian prayed that Justin heard what he couldn’t say. That this was something stupid that was wrapped in his fucked up childhood and he just didn’t want...he couldn’t deal with the reminder.

“I can’t, okay? Please.”

Justin studied him for a long moment and then, having gotten the message, smiled sadly.

“Okay,” he said, pressing his lips to Brian’s temple and then resting his head against Brian’s.

Brian exhaled explosively, thankful that his husband accepted it and he didn’t have to explain. Relieved that he seemed to be forgiven once more, he wrapped his arms around Justin’s waist and breathed him in for a moment before Justin slid out of his arms. He picked up the box one more and pulled the object out with a chuckle.

“I can’t believe that you found a cock ring decorated like a wreath.” Justin rolled his eyes as Brian stuck his tongue in his cheek and grinned unrepentantly.

“Well, I didn’t exactly find it,” Brian hedged. “The ones they had... trust me when I say that you never want one of those things near your dick.”

Justin arched a brow, but Brian just shook his head.

“Trust me; I think I’m scarred for life.” Brian shuddered when he recalled his shopping trip; and then shrugged. “I ended up buying one and having one of your artist friends decorate it for me.”

“Which one?” Justin asked with apprehension.

“Elsie? Elise?” Brian scratched his chin as he tried to recall the woman’s name. He’d always been bad  with remembering people’s names unless it business and... well, mostly business.

“Alissa?” Justin eyes widened with dawning horror.

“That’s it.” Brian snapped his fingers and pointed at Justin.

“Oh, my God; she was one of my PIFA instructors, Brian! And is currently someone I consider a mentor. I’ll never be able to look at her in the face again. You’re unbelievable!”

Brian’s eyebrows rose at that; best that he not mention where he’d met her then. Justin would likely be even more mortified to know that they shop at the same sex shop as his mentor.

“Well, look at it this way, Sunshine,” Brian said, trying to distract him. “Unlike the wreath you wanted, it’s a gift that keeps giving.”

“So unbelievable.” Justin face palmed and shook his head in disbelief. He looked up and placed one hand on his hip and gestured with the other. “Why do I put up with you?”

Brian walked forward slowly, crowding Justin up against the counter. Justin inhaled sharply as he pressed into him, their bodies flush, pressed together, chest to chest and thigh to thigh so that not even a piece of paper could slide between them. He dipped down and ground their dicks together, smirking when Justin tipped his head back with a moan. Licking a long, wet stripe up his neck and over his jaw, Brian whispered against his ear.

“Bring that to our room tonight and I’ll be happy to remind you.”

 

Chapter End Notes:


Prompts: Brian POV; Wreath; pink elephant; cock ring that looks like a wreath; Brian’s inner demons; “I can’t believe that you found a cock ring decorated like a wreath.”