- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian introduces Justin to another side of being gay with a trip to Woody's, then Babylon. Justin is intrigued, until Brian takes him into the back room and scares the young man away.

Brian hung around his offices for a while, checking on the progress of his staff in preparing the first presentation to the producers of Mikey's movie. He thought of the film, in that way, simply because the movie would never have happened if Michael hadn't dreamed up the Rage character one night when the two of them were stoned out of their gourds.

Mikey had just broken off with the insufferable Dr. Dave and Brian was determined to get him out of his funk. A trip to Babylon, and a reminder of what being an unattached gay man could offer, did the trick. Luckily an attractive hunk had zeroed in on Mikey and taken him to the back room for a quick blow job. It was just enough to loosen his friend up, so Brian eventually brought him to the loft where the two of them relived their youth until the wee small hours of the night. Mikey began calling his best bud his hero, and before he knew it, he was writing out a storyline for a brand new character. It wasn't hard to create a comic book hero for a man who had been obsessed with comic books since his very early childhood.

The next day, Brian thought that Michael would forget all about his idea, but the more the creator thought about it the more he liked the concept. Once he got Lindsay and her artistic talent involved, the comic book hero became a reality. Michael, of course, wrote himself into the character of Zephyr, Rage's sidekick. Eventually Michael and Lindsay decided they needed a victim for Rage to rescue. It was Lindsay's idea to make the young man a petite blond...projecting her secret fantasies possibly. She drew the character of JT, who was then given the same initials as Lindsay's beloved Grandfather, Jacob Tanner. Brian still marveled at how much Justin Taylor looked liked Lindsay's drawing. The coincidence of them having the same initials wasn't lost on Brian either.

Finally, it was getting late enough for Brian to send his tired staff packing. Justin had been remarkably patient, but Brian wasn't surprised. There was a calmness about the young man that Brian found intriguing. He could be embarrassed fairly easily, but he always seemed to be able to hold his own in the end. It was a trait that Brian liked in a man.

Brian caught Justin sketching some pictures on a notepad while waiting for Brian to finish up business. Brian had caught a glimpse of the top drawing when he walked behind the chair the blond was sitting in and was surprised at how good the picture looked. It was a sketch of Brian's office and very accurately drawn. When he questioned the young man about it, Justin went that pretty pink color in his cheeks again. Brian was surprised at how attractive that made him. Justin mumbled something about drawing as a hobby and closed the pad. Brian dropped it for the time being.

Shortly after, Brian asked Justin if he was ready for dinner. He was more than ready, so Justin helped Brian straighten up his office a bit and the two men returned to Brian's Jeep.

"Are you finicky about what you'll eat?" Brian asked, once they had settled in their seats.

"I'll eat just about anything," Justin replied. "My specialty is leftovers from whatever diner I'm working for at the time. Believe me, a struggling actor knows how to pinch a penny."

Justin turned a bright smile on Brian and the older man felt an unfamiliar fluttering in the pit of his stomach. Just hungry, he told himself.

In no time, Brian was parking the Jeep outside another old brick building on Liberty Avenue. There was a large sign on the side of the steps leading to the front door announcing that the place was called Woody's. A few minutes later, the couple stepped into the entrance of a large bar with lots of scattered tables, a juke box, pool table, dart board, blaring television screen, and a crowd of men with a scattering of women. Justin could see immediately that this was a place where folks felt at home. There were groups all over the joint, engaged in conversations and flirting. As Justin began to adjust to his surroundings, he heard a familiar voice.

"Whoo hoo! Brian... Justin! Over here."

Justin recognized Emmett from earlier in the day. He certainly stood out in the crowd, with his bright orange and extremely form-fitting tee with wildly patterned leather pants. The Queens of Hollywood had nothing on Emmett. Brian put his arm around Justin's shoulder and escorted him to the large round table near the bar.

Emmett turned to an extremely hunky man sitting next to him and asked him to move over a little. The table was filled. Justin recognized Emmett and Michael and that was about it. He stood waiting for Brian to make the introductions. Brian began by pointing to Emmett.

"Justin, I believe you know Emmett. Next to him is Drew Boyd, his significant other. Next we have my assistant, Ted Schmidt... he's the one with the questionable sense of humor. That's his boyfriend next to him, Blake. You've met Michael and this is his boy....excuse me, I mean husband, Ben Bruckner."

"Husband?" Justin couldn't help asking.

"We were married in Canada last year," Michael piped up.

"Oh?!"

"You have a problem with that, Mr. Taylor?"

"No, no, of course not," Justin answered quickly. In fact he truly didn't. He had never harbored any prejudices against anyone in his entire life.

"Good to hear," Michael shot back. "Especially since you'll be playing gay in a short time."

Brian was amused at Mikey's defensiveness, but he could see again that Justin was capable of handling himself. He leaned over and asked Justin if he wanted anything in particular to eat and got a shrug in return. Justin told him to choose anything, so Brian went to the bar to place an order while Justin settled into the seat next to Emmett. A few minutes later, Brian joined them.

The conversation became lively, with lots of teasing back and forth. Within minutes, Justin felt relaxed and comfortable and was joining in. He was surprised to discover that Drew was a professional football player. Justin seldom watched sports. The man was very friendly, even though he looked rather stern. Justin took an immediate liking to the Professor, the name Brian kept calling him. He was the biggest, most muscular man at the table but his looks couldn't hide the gentle tone of his voice. It was obvious he loved Michael very much. They touched often and shared quick kisses several times. Justin could see why Brian spoke so highly of his second in command, Ted. The man was clearly smart and Justin enjoyed the verbal sparring between him and Brian. He too, seemed to have a wonderful relationship with his boyfriend. Justin wondered why Brian seemed to be the only lone wolf in the crowd.

Lord knows that Brian was attractive, Justin thought to himself. He was intelligent and successful. What was not to want in a man like him? Again Justin thought to himself that this man had a lot of layers to him, and it would probably be fascinating to peel away a few of them. He shook off the thought as quick as it came. Mr. Kinney was taking care of business with Justin, not dating him... and besides, Justin didn't date men, for Pete's sake. Luckily, their food came and Justin dug into the nachos in front of him. Brian picked at the small salad he ordered and watched the young actor chewing his food. He was having a hard time taking his eyes off that luscious mouth. Even with it full of food, the lips looked kissable. A tiny dollop of sour cream appeared in the corner of his lips, and Brian had to restrain himself from licking it off.

Once everyone had finished their food, Brian rose from the table. "Who's for Babylon," he inquired. Every hand shot up. Justin looked around the table and slowly inched his hand upwards too. He was nervous as hell, but he didn't have to dance if he didn't want to, he reminded himself.

***************************************

The loud, vibrant music was the first thing that struck Justin as the entire gang stepped through the entrance of Babylon's main room. He loved music, but this was almost animalistic in its primal beat. The instant he heard it, his body itched to move. He caught himself almost skipping to the long bar at one side of the dance floor behind the rest of his group. They all lined up at the bar and placed their orders, turning to check out the action on the floor. Justin noticed the glances that were directed immediately Brian's way. He looked over at the man and could see the change in Brian's face. The easygoing demeanor he wore earlier was replaced by an air of disdain mixed with something more predatory. It gave Justin the odd feeling of a 'come to me...go away' look. Then Brian turned to Justin, and a genuine smile lit up his face again.

"Care to dance?" he asked Justin, extending his hand to the young man.

Justin didn't speak, he simply laid his hand trustingly in Brian's grip and let the older man escort him to the center of the dance floor. Justin didn't recognize the song but the beat began flowing through his veins and he was gyrating to the rhythm in seconds. Brian began moving to match Justin's body.

The song ended, but Brian didn't attempt to leave the floor. The next song began to play and Brian laid his arms on Justin's shoulders, moving his hips back and forth. Justin began to move to the beat in time with Brian's moves. He could feel the music deep inside him. Without warning, Brian's hands tightened behind Justin's neck and he drew the blond closer to him. Justin had become so lost in the music that he either didn't notice or didn't care. Without even realizing it, Justin's arms had left his own sides and his hands were now resting on Brian's undulating hips.

The men at the bar looked at each other quizzically. Emmett was the first to speak their collective thoughts.

"Honey, if that boy is straight, then he is one hell of a good actor and will probably win the Academy Awards for your little picture," he told his friend Michael.

Michael was not amused. Ben could feel him tighten up after Em's comments. He drew Michael to him and gave him a kiss. Sometimes that worked to relax him, but sometimes it didn't if his tenseness involved Brian. Ben was confident that Michael loved him sincerely, so he was exceedingly patient with his husband's everlasting obsession with his childhood friend.

The men at the bar continued watching the fascinating exchange between teacher and pupil on the dance floor. Justin had unconsciously moved his lower torso closer to Brian's, and he suddenly realized that he could feel Brian's growing erection connecting just above his own hardening shaft. He pulled back as if burned by a flame. He stopped his movements and stood looking at the man smiling down at him. He had never felt more confused. Why in the world had he allowed himself to be so brazen with this man? And, even more confusing to the young man... why did it feel so enjoyable to make that momentary connection? Justin's brain went into overload and he shut it down.

"I think I'd like another drink now," he croaked out to Brian.

"Sure thing," Brian returned. He was amused at the kid's reaction. Brian had felt enough erections in his life to know one when he felt it. This boy might not think he was gay, but Brian's senses told him otherwise. All he needed to do was get the kid to recognize what was right in front of him... in his crotch, to be specific, and not be frightened by it. He had a strong feeling that once Justin let go of his inhibitions, he'd be a tiger to deal with. Only time would tell. For now, the night was still youn

During the next hour, the men took turns out on the dance floor, visiting with acquaintances, and chatting about a myriad of subjects. Justin drank it all in. The one thing he could tell was that, except for the frequent comments about other men's bodies and attributes, the conversation was no different than other groups he'd stood in. The gay world seemed a little more colorful and exciting, but men were men, Justin decided. It was then that Brian suggested Justin check out the back room of Babylon.

Justin had noticed that there was a stream of men going through an open door to another room. The entrance to that room was too dark for Justin to make out what was going on inside or what the room looked like. He was curious but had said nothing. When Brian brought it up, Justin noticed a change in the faces of most of the group of friends. Michael looked disturbed slightly, but Em grinned from ear to ear. Ted almost choked on the drink he was sipping.

"Are you sure he's ready for that, Brian?" the man asked his boss nervously.

"No time like the present," answered Brian. "Besides, he needs to see all the sides of JT, and in case you've forgotten, JT and Rage have a hot sex life."

"Remember, it's only acting, Brian," piped up Michael.

Brian threw his arm around a suddenly nervous Justin.

"I'm sure Justin, here, knows the difference between acting and real life. You did say you wanted to get to know your character and everything about him, am I right, Justin?"

"Ye...yeah, sure," he stammered out.

"Then lets go."

Brian led the young actor away from the bar and towards the mysterious room at the back of the club. They had barely gotten through the doorway when Justin could hear the unmistakable sounds of men groaning and moaning. The smell was next to assault Justin's senses. He had never experienced any smell like it in his entire life. It was vaguely reminiscent of a locker room at school or the gym, but stronger. It was pure sex... man sex. Justin didn't have to be an expert to know that.

His eyes finally adjusted to the dark as Brian led him deeper into the room. Justin could see men everywhere... one on one, two by two, groups of three or more. They were in all states of undress. Mouths connected to cocks and other mouths. He could see hard cocks sliding in between other men's ass cheeks. Men were shooting their loads against walls. Discarded condoms lay in various places. Justin stumbled. He felt faint. He couldn't understand why he didn't feel repulsed, but he did feel overwhelmed by all the throbbing testosterone. He felt Brian's arms go around him, steadying him on his feet. He looked up at the taller man and for reasons he could not understand at all, he had the uncontrollable urge to kiss those full lips so close to his own.

Brian lowered his head and captured Justin's lips with his own. A spark passed through their mouths and traveled down into each man's gut, making their stomachs flutter. Brian had been right. He knew that Justin's mouth would be delicious, and it most certainly was. He wanted more. He pressed harder and felt Justin's resistance begin to slowly crumble as his lips parted ever so slightly. It was all Brian needed. He released his tongue from his own mouth and used the tip to pry Justin's lips apart, never breaking the delicious connection between their joined lips. Brian began to taste of Justin's mouth. It was warm and inviting inside. Justin shivered in every inch of his body. His mouth came alive with feelings and sensations. He didn't even know he had added to the moans in the room.

Suddenly a voice shouted out, "I'm cumming, I'm cumming!" It startled Justin and he regained his lost senses. He pulled away violently from Brian's embrace. He looked at the man who had just awakened every dormant feeling inside him, and fear was clearly visible in his eyes. Brian reached for him, making Justin panic. He turned on his heel and ran from the room. He kept running, past the men at the bar, and out the door. He didn't stop until he was a block away.

Justin suddenly came to a stop and leaned against a wall, trying to catch his breath. What in the hell had just happened to him, he kept thinking over and over? Why did he let that man kiss him like that. And more importantly, why did he want Brian Kinney to keep doing it... to never stop? What had gotten into him? He had to think. He couldn't do it with Brian anywhere near him. He had to get back to the hotel and think. Justin saw a cab standing a few yards away. He ran to catch it. Once he settled in his seat, he gave the driver instructions and tried to calm his heartbeat down. He would talk to Kinney tomorrow. Right now, he needed rest. That was it, he told himself. It had just been a busy day and he was too tired. That was all that was wrong with him. He was sure of it.

Justin didn't see Brian as he stepped out of the club looking for his runaway. Brian saw the blond hail the cab and get inside. He felt oddly upset that Justin had run off and sorry he had scared the kid so badly. But the one thing he knew for certain now was that Justin Taylor was not as straight as he professed to be. No man could make Brian Kinney feel like he did when Justin kissed him back unless there was something strong behind it. The kid wanted him. Brian knew it and he'd do his best to make Justin see it too. Besides, Brian thought, he wanted Justin just as bad. Come hell or high water, they were going to have each other. End of discussion.

To be continued.......