- Text Size +

Chapter 2. 


Justin’s 18th Birthday comes and goes and he and Daph are in the last run up to graduation from CM and Justin also from PIFA. 


The Friendship is growing stronger between him and Brian and it appears Brian has gained a faghag in Daph. After Mikey tracked Brian down at Starbucks and made a spectacle of himself, Justin started taking Brian and Cynthia a latte with a bagel to Ryders and they chatted before they began their days. Brian still meets with Mikey, Ems and Ted, but a lot of evenings Justin and Daph munch on pizza with a nice tray of fruit and veggies for Brian and watch movies or play cards and the occasional game of scrabble. 


One evening Brian mentioned that he had donated sperm for a college friend and her partner to have a baby. He mentioned he is not supposed to have a part of the babies life. 


“I don’t know if I could do that, Brian, though I know it happens a lot,” said Justin. “But that is totally up to you and them. I am a carrier and I think eventually I’d like to have a child of my own.” 


“Not me,” said Daph. “I want to concentrate on my career. I love my nieces and nephews but they drive me up the wall.” 


That night as Brian was having a last cigarette before bed he thought, do I want a child? Just because my father was abusive doesn’t mean I will be. I care a lot for Justin and I am growing fond of Daph as well. Maybe I am not as bad a person as I thought. 


Suddenly a thought came into his mind. Love. Do I love Justin? Could I be happy raising a child... our child with him? I do know I don’t trick as much and drugs are a thing of the past. I can’t remember the last time I was drunk and that doesn’t bother me at all. 


It seems the walls are crumbling from around our Brian’s heart. All due to the Friendship and perhaps love from one blonde headed young man. 


One night Brian called Justin not long after he’d gone home and said, “meet me outside your house. It’s time!!!” 


Time? Oh god! The baby!! 


Grabbing his jacket and running out Justin jumped in the car with Mikey and Brian. He couldn’t help grinning as Mikey groused about being told to sit in the back. Arriving to the hospital they rushed to the room to meet Brian’s son. 


“Do you want to hold him?” 


“Don’t drop him!” 


“I was gonna do that.” 


Justin watched as a softness came into Brian’s eyes as his son waved a hand around that connected with his dads. Yes! It was instant love. 


“I like the name Gus, but Melanie likes Abraham.” 


Brian looked at Justin and said, “What do you think?” 


Justin replied, “He wouldn’t last a day with Abraham, but Gus would be okay.” 


“Who are YoU?” Melanie asks. 


“This is my good friend Justin.” 


After taking Mikey back home Brian sat at Justin’s showing Daph pictures and glowing with happiness about his new son. 


In the days and weeks that followed, Justin often went with Brian to visit Gus. As the little one got older he looked every bit as much for Justin as well as his daddy to visit. One Saturday Brian came over and dragged Justin and Daph out for breakfast at the diner. They entered with Brian’s arm draped across Justin’s shoulders. Their laughter gaining the attention of everyone. 


As Brian dropped a kiss on Justin’s cheek Mikey erupted. “Briiiaaannn!!!! What do you think you’ re doing!! Why are you kissing him!!?? You are my friend. Mine!!!! You belong to me, not him!!! You go away! You are only a piece of blonde boy ass!!” 


“Mikey!! Mikey!!! Justin and I are very close. You have no right to talk to him that way.” 


“No right!!?? You owe me!!! “ Mikey says. 


The abusive language poured out of Mikey’s mouth. Not even his mother could stop him. 


Finally a smack across the face came from his Uncle Vic. “Quickly Justin. Get Brian out of here. Before he shuts down emotionally.” 


Gently taking Brian’s hand, Justin leads him outside. Holding his hand out he asks if he wants to go to the loft or his home. “We could sit by the river there.” 


Brian just looked at him. So Justin put his arms around Brian then placing his hands on each side of his face kissed him gently but firmly. 


“Maybe I shouldn’t say this yet, but I love you Brian. You owe no one. Do you hear me? Daph cares for you too.” 


Seeing Ems and Ted come out the door he says, “Ems and Ted are here.” 


“Brian,” Ted says, “go with Justin.”  


Ems added, “we can get together later.” 


With tears glistening in his eyes he grabs Justin and kisses and hugs him. Then hands Justin his keys and says “let’s go home. Your home.” 


Vic came out as they were getting in the car and said something to Daph. After getting home, Daph fixed omelets for breakfast, with Brian actually being coaxed to eat half of his much to their surprise. Justin led Brian out to the bench and with his arms holding Brian just sat and let life be for that morning. 


Later, in the early afternoon, Vic came over and, after a private talk with Brian, came into the house and sat at the table. Justin stood watching Brian outside. 


“He will be ok Justin. I think he will tell you of our talk. This was coming long before you entered the picture. I am going. Here’s my number call if you need me. You are right he doesn’t owe us. I told him friends help friends. They don’t own you.” 


Justin walked outside and up close to where Brian sat. Brian looked at him and opened his arms. Justin was beside him in mere seconds. 


“When/if you want we will talk when you are ready.” 


Brian nodded, resting his head on Justin’s. After a bit Justin felt a nudge on his shoulder. Looking back, he was surprised to see Melanie there with Gus. 


Taking Gus he said, “hold your son Brian. He loves you. I even think Melanie loves you maybe a teeny tiny bit.” 


Mel held up two fingers barely spread. “I will leave him with you today while I shop for groceries. Me and Linds are here for you.”


Then, with a quick kiss on Brian’s forehead, she left. 


After a bit Brian quietly said, “I think she poisoned me.” 


They both burst out in laughter. 


“Let’s go in Justin. We will talk more after Gus is gone. Thank you for being there for me. Your friendship and unconditional love mean the world to me.” 


It was a somber weekend but as it passed Brian started to get the sparkle back in his eyes. He took Justin with him to talk to Mikey after staying away from him for a week. He told Mikey it was past time for the two of them to grow up. But if Mikey wanted to be friends it had to include Justin because he was going nowhere. 


Justin turned 19 by celebrating with an actual date with Brian. Dinner at LeMont and a Jazz concert in the park. It was a beautiful spring night. 


The next week college was over. Justin and Daph bought the old Bloom Gallery. They turned it into a graphic art company. Meanwhile, after making partner, Brian’s company was sold to Gardner Vance. 


One hot summer afternoon, Justin was sitting on the bench sketching when he heard someone running raggedly towards him. Brian practically collapsed on the ground but Justin grabbed him and got him on the bench. 


“Brian what on earth??” 


Grabbing Brian’s tee shirt off as well as his own, he wet his down with cool water and started sponging Brian’s head and body off. Daph ran out with some bottles of cool, not cold, water, offering it to Brian. 


Justin said “Sips Brian; don’t gulp.” 


After a bit Daph’s intern boyfriend, Mark, ran out and checked Brian over. “Lets get him inside. As soon as he’s cooled more he needs a shower.” 


Setting Brian on the couch, Justin got a wash rag and continued to bathe him off. Daph helped get Brian to the shower. 


“She’s not looking Brian. You have to get undressed. Let us help you.” 


After drying him off and getting him to eat a light supper, Justin put him in his bed. Daph took Brian’s clothes to wash and dry. Keeping his shorts on, Justin laid down with him when he tugged on his arm. 


“Can you tell me why you did that Brian?” 


“That damn Gardner is being an ass. Wants me to take on Stockwell. I told him no. But he says I have to. We fought over it. I just tried to run my stress off.” 


“You don’t have to do anything, Brian. Don’t you think it’s time you started your own company? You said it was your dream. You rest for the night and we will talk in the morning.” 


Spooning each other they both drifted off to sleep. About 3 am Justin awoke to feel Brian stroking his face. Beautiful hazel eyes were staring at him warmly. Their kisses heated up and their hands caressed each other. Stripping off their clothes, they looked at each other’s bodies. Both liking what they could see. Then, with a swoop, Brian swallowed Justin’s dick. 


“Ahhhhhh ! Oh my god.” 


The magic Brian was doing with his tongue and throat muscles... It didn’t take long till Brian had accomplished what he wanted and had drank every last drop of Justin’s sweet nectar. 


Justin was a Virgin but he knew what to do with Brian’s dick. Lapping his way down Brian’s body, he nibbled and sucked, finding spots that brought moans and sighs of pleasure from his lover. Swallowing him whole, he brought Brian to a screaming orgasm. 


Brian looked at Justin and said “I... I love you.” 


“As I love you, Brian.”



Brian’s hand found Justin’s pucker and, pulling him to his stomach, he began to teach the man he had come to love what love... yes, love... making was all about. First he gave him a rim job that actually left Justin in a melted puddle of want. Then, taking the lube, he began to open him up. He didn’t want this to hurt any more than it had to. Taking his time, he lined himself up to Justin and slowly began to enter him., stopping when he felt him tense up. Finally, Justin cried out for more and they both found their own special rhythm quickly. 


After twice that night and once in the shower Justin was sore but so very happy. Looking at Justin, Brian said, “you about wore me out. You are perfectly matched to me. I know there is a lot to do, but we can find a place to put the agency.” 


“Why not in the Graphix company to start with?” Justin asked. “Meanwhile, after we eat breakfast, we can check how much room there is and figure out how to set up the ad agency with your company.” 


“What should we call it?” Justin said. 


“Let’s fix some coffee and let me think a bit. We also need to talk to Daph.” 


With a laugh Brian answered, “yeah I guess we should.” 


The three friends talked more about the combined company. 


“You could call it Kinnetik,” said Justin. “A play on your name.” 


“Sounds good Justin. Working from Graphix sounds good but eventually we would need something bigger,” said Brian. 


Daph said, “we start small and go bigger when we are a bit more stable. Do you know who you want with you Brian? Stephen and Ethan Gold-Roberts want to join us in Graphix. Ethan is also a member of the Philharmonic so he would work part time.” 


“I want Cynthia Moore, my PA to join me, plus I think Murph will come as well.” 


Later, Justin and Brian looked over the various machines they needed to order. Brian figured he had $50,000 he could throw into the business. Justin said he would match it. 


“You need to see what businesses you can get to follow you Brian.” Justin said while putting together some sandwiches for lunch. “We could also go look at the building see about the layout.” 


Daph looked up from her laptop. “Isn’t there some room to build onto? There is a parking area, plus the area in back for loading and unloading artwork. We wouldn’t need all that. We need a room for conferences with clients. And a small break room. We could park in back and cut the parking down to maybe a dozen spaces in front.” 


Brian lined up Cynthia and Murph that afternoon. With Stephen, Daph and Murph on the artwork. Ethan would be the one to put together signs for customers. With a couple of calls, Brian had a contractor to do the additions. 


“We need an accountant. Brian, do you think Ted would be interested?” 


“I’ll give him a call. Also we could make our company sign ‘Kinnetik/JD’. Then advertising and Graphix underneath?” 


With smiles all around Daph said “we have us a company.”  


“Justin would you like to go with me to get a suit for tomorrow? Plus some jeans and tees for setting things up this week? If you don’t mind my sleeping here this week?” 


“Well, Love, why don’t you just move in? There’s plenty of room.” 


Brian just stared for a minute. Then said, “Why not? I love it here. Course that has to do with a certain blonde in my life.” 


Suddenly Brian found himself with an armful of happy blond and of course that led to some hot sex. 


On Sunday, Brian, along with some of Daph and Justin’s friends, moved Brian out of the loft. By Wednesday the Loft was rented out to a professor at CM along with his adopted son Hunter. By the end of the week, Eyeconics and Remsen had signed with the fledgling company and one Theodore Schmidt bid a happy farewell to Wertschafter to accept the title of CFO. Soon the additional space had been completed and they were up and running. For their grand opening Em and Vic furnished the food in exchange for advertising their Catering Service. 


The door to Kennetik/JD flew open with a bang and Michael came flying in. “Briiiiannnnn!!!!!” 


He started to go into the office area but was blocked by Daphne. 


She pointed at the door. “Go close the door. Brian isn’t here. He’s away on business.” 


Justin came in with some lunch. 


“What are you doing here?” Michael whined. 


“I work here. You did see the sign? Kennitik/JD? Did you need something?” 


“I want to talk to Brian!! You won’t let him talk to me.” 


“He talks to who he wants. You have been gone for a month traveling to Comic-Cons. Brian will call you as soon as he is back. Now, if there is nothing else, we need to get back to work.” 


Daph walks over and holds out her phone. “Brian wants to talk to you Michael.” 


“Briiian!!! But... Yes I know you called me. But I was busy. You moved!! Why? WITH JUSTIN!!! Ok ok I’m sorry. Bye. He said he will call you Justin.” 


“Michael he is still your friend. But you have to accept he has made some changes that he truly wants. I didn’t make him do anything. You know Brian doesn’t do anything he doesn’t want to.” 


Daph comes over, “How about we make a sign for your store? You tell us what you want and we will design it and have it for you by this weekend. For free.” 


“Free? Really?” 


“Look it would be good advertising for us,” Cynthia added in. “Plus we could use the picture of your sign as an ad in Pittsburgh Out. Good advertising for us and you as well.” 


“Okay thanks. I could use a new sign.” 


Justin says, “Come over here and let’s see if we can pick a design. I believe Brian said you have Collectibles as well as comics? How about a red background with ‘Mike’s Comics and Collectibles’ on it?” 


After scanning through a few options, Mike agrees to the Red background. 


“Mike, I know we’ve had our issues, but do you think we could meet halfway? For Brian? You’ve been friends a long time.” 


“I guess we could. I’ll try. And thanks for the sign and ad.” 


With a genuine smile on his face Mike leaves. We can only hope things will be better. 


That night Brian gets home and does call Mike. They have a nice chat. Mike tells him a good looking guy came in looking for comics for his Gay Studies class. Brian is hopeful he has his friend and brother of the heart back. But he also knows that Mike is prone to queen-outs. 


Placing an arm around both Justin and Daph Brian says, “thank you both for today. You are right, I don’t like losing Mikey and his Friendship. We had a good chat. But, Justin, I love you and you are number one in my life. Well number two - Gus is first. We will just take things as they come.” 


“Now, I think we need to do something else, Justin; a domestic partnership. We would be connected more than a marriage. I know I’m ready for it. How about it? POAs, bank accounts... We would need Daph in on co-ownership of the company.” 


“Also the house, Brian. Daph shares on bills, but it’s only in my name. We figure she will marry and move out someday.” 


They share a hug and kiss. “We will call Melanie in the morning,” Brian says. 


“Also, we could visit Gus tomorrow evening.” 


Wrapping his arms around Justin he says, “I’m bushed, but we have Brown Athletics on board now. How about we make it an early night? Have a little alone time.” 


“I can tell when I’m not wanted, I’m going to call Mark. See you in the morning.” With that, Daph headed for her room. 

 

So we have Kinnetik started, Brian and Justin living together, and an Olive Branch extended to Mike.